Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: How to heal a broken heart?
 wayupforfun
Msg: 5 (view)

How to heal a broken heart?
Posted: 4/18/2007 3:00:29 AM
Time. That's all that's ever worked for me.
Sorry you're hurting....Hugs...
 wayupforfun
Msg: 42 (view)

long distance dating
Posted: 3/27/2007 4:51:55 PM
I dated (and nearly married) a woman who lived three hours away. We nearly never saw each other during the week unless one of us had time off, so we made the absolute most of every weekend, taking turns making the drive across the state. It ended for a reason other than the distance....so I'd probably do it again if the opportunity presented itself and there was a connection. Moving? Dunno. There'd have to be an incredible connection....*sigh*
 wayupforfun
Msg: 28 (view)

Help!!! In love with a commitment phobia!
Posted: 3/27/2007 4:39:51 PM
Not all of us are commitment-phobics. I will admit to waiting too long upon occasion, primarily because I don't want to settle. I tend to over-examine, but I'm working on it. Sometimes, you just have to take the plunge.
Besst wishes to you in overcoming your grief. You're not alone :)
 wayupforfun
Msg: 6 (view)

LOVE HURTS
Posted: 8/31/2006 6:12:45 PM
Yes, love hurts. And in other news, the freakin' earth is round.
 wayupforfun
Msg: 1 (view)

Duck
Posted: 8/27/2006 5:33:46 PM
Be safe, fellow Floridian POFers.
 wayupforfun
Msg: 56 (view)

You're not what I'm looking for.
Posted: 8/11/2006 1:58:23 PM
True, I was at fault for not noting that she was looking for something long-term. Nonetheless, I did read her profile entry, which was one of the things that prompted me to contact her in the first place. I'm truly sorry I offended you by my question, causing you to make your comments personal, allude that i'm an idiot, and use lots of capitalization for emhasis. "Telling it like it is" does not mandate that you resort to rudeness and name-calling.
 wayupforfun

Can anyone give me a legitimate reason for NOT posting a picture???
Posted: 8/6/2006 4:12:58 PM
I do not have a pic of myself attached to my profile--just a little edgy about putting myself on the internet. Still, I do send one, typically, when I contact someone or reply to an email.
 wayupforfun
Msg: 15 (view)

Posted: 7/31/2006 8:01:31 PM
I completely understand, dancer, and I'm not necessarily averse to a lasting relationship. Starting under the premise of friendship, though, seems to take some of the pressure off and lends a bit of lightness to the first few meetings. As I mentioned earlier, every long-term relationship I've been in has started with a friendship--a solid friendship. "Seeking friends" doesn't necessarily mean "no hope of a future". I want these things--I just want to do it right.
 wayupforfun
Msg: 12 (view)

Posted: 7/31/2006 6:15:26 PM
Incidentally, LifeIs, I tried messaging you, too, just to see what would happen, and I couldn't. Your profile specifies both "between 50 and 65" and "must not be looking for friendship". Interesting. Good luck with that whole "long-term" thing.
 wayupforfun
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 7/31/2006 6:09:54 PM

By the way Way Up your profile spells out that you want no entanglements and I tried to email you but was blocked.

Precisely. I'm looking for friends, not entanglements. You were blocked because your profile says "long-term". I did not specifically block you, but...

Your pictures alone scares me then you say more than once you don't want anything and people looking for a long term can't even contact you.

...I would after that. I don't know why pictures of indoor rock climbing and the Boundary Waters would "scare" you but, besides being off the topic and rude, it's not relevent to the thread.

Make up your mind and quit whining when you get rejected.

I'm not whining, nor do I feel rejected. I was merely trying to make the point that jumping into a long-term relationship before becoming close friends makes little, if any, sense (to me, at least).

I'm sorry you felt the need to take this personally. Point of fact, I contacted her first, and was able to do so because her profile did not limit people who are looking for friends. It wasn't until after her email about my intentions that she blocked me. Honestly, I find your rudeness more disturbing.
 wayupforfun

Posted: 7/31/2006 2:13:23 PM
So this is new;

I emailed a woman here on POF. My profile says I'm looking for friends, hers stated long-term. After a few emails back and forth, she asked if I was really looking for just friends and I stated that I was, for the time being. Now, every long-term relationship I've ever been in started as "just friends" and blossomed into a committed relationship, but apparantly that's not enough. Apparantly, I have to be willing to jump immediately into a long-term relationship. She emailed me back with something to the effect of, "I've already got enough friends; I'm looking for long-term. Good luck". Yes, she actually said that--"I've got enough friends". I wonder what that's like. I, personally, do not have enough friends, and was looking to make more. Shame on me. Oh, and the final note? I went to email her back, to wish her luck, as well: She blocked me. I'm not even allowed to wish her luck. So much does she NOT need another friend, she's willing to block out of her life anyone who isn't focused on exactly the same goal she is. I bet she's a hoot at parties.

And so, my question:

Am I nuts? Are we (am I supposed to be) so self-absorbed that we will go blindly forward in search of....whatever...and ignore the possibilities around us? One never knows--What could have started off as "just friends" might also have grown into something beautiful and lifelong.

Your thoughts?
 wayupforfun
Msg: 4 (view)

Wanting to see if there is anyone interested in.....
Posted: 6/27/2006 6:01:30 PM
I live in Port Charlotte--I'd gladly make the drive. Keep me posted....
 wayupforfun

Hurricane Season
Posted: 6/1/2006 1:24:37 PM
Beer. Don't forget the beer.

Seriously, just bought a generator today--Home Depot is running a special. Also, don't forget that today is the last day of the tax-free holiday for hurricane supplies--a good money saver, so get out there and BUY!
 wayupforfun
Msg: 7 (view)

Golfers?
Posted: 5/19/2006 6:18:40 PM
I've only been playing for a few years, but I do love it. I'm getting better, though not nearly fast enough :) I'm playing in a four-man scramble tomorrow at a little par-three here in Port Charlotte. I don't plan on winning, though a door prize would be nice...
 wayupforfun
Msg: 154 (view)

why do men just want sex
Posted: 5/19/2006 1:30:17 PM
I'm thinking I want sex so badly because it's been so damn long since I've had any... *sigh*
 wayupforfun
Msg: 53 (view)

How far would travel to meet someone?
Posted: 5/14/2006 3:46:58 PM
PS--that was seven years ago--we still keep in touch, despite the fact that life/circumstance has kept us apart.
 wayupforfun
Msg: 52 (view)

How far would travel to meet someone?
Posted: 5/14/2006 3:45:30 PM
I once flew from central Indiana to Seattle, WA., to meet someone (needless to say, I was in love). A distance slightly in excess of 2300 miles. I was in Seattle for just over 50 hours; arguably the best two days of my life.
 wayupforfun

Why Judge Me!!!!
Posted: 5/8/2006 7:01:24 PM
To some degree or another, we ALL judge (first impressions, especially), by appearance. Admit it: If there's not something even a little physically attractive about a prospective date, then we move on. Mind you, beauty is, indeed, in the eye of the beholder, which really concretes my point; to each his (or her) own.
 wayupforfun
Msg: 8 (view)

Who's Getting Ready For The Summer
Posted: 5/8/2006 6:46:57 PM
I'll be working a lot (I'm in the construction industry), but I'll be taking a week for backpacking, canoeing, and fishing in NW Ontario in mid-June--an annual trip with my brothers and my dad. Memorial Day will find me camping and four-wheeling in LaBelle, and Labor day I'll be camping in the panhandle (Ft. Pickens Nat'l Park, if anyone's familiar with it). I LOVE summer :)
 wayupforfun
Msg: 37 (view)

Why don't men like smart women?
Posted: 4/6/2006 7:13:27 PM
OK, i just re-read that. I was kinda rude, I suppose. Sorry about that.
 wayupforfun
Msg: 36 (view)

Posted: 4/6/2006 7:11:39 PM

An intellectual woman does not “turn off” all men, by a long shot. I love the challenge of a good debate provided we agree there is two sides to every discussion and each must accept the opinion of the other. One problem I have seen personally is that if you don't hold a degree of some kind, most women think you're not an intellectual. It's quite unfair but never the less happens frequently. So you see it run both directions. I have no degree but attended some college and even built a new Associates Degree program for a junior college. I took over a failing program and rebuilt it into the largest of it's kind in the state. What happened after I had completed all this you ask? They decided that the degree program was much too sophisticated to be directed by an individual without a degree. Do I possess a high IQ? Yes. Am I intellectual? Yes, but there are many people both male and female who are intimidated by it and tend to say thanks, but no thanks. Then there are the ladies who ask, where are all the intellectual men? And when you try to answer them, you are told you are too old to email the lady... by two years.

I'm guessing that there wasn't a whole bunch of punctuation in the manual for that associate's degree (which, btw, doesn't warrant capitalization).

never the less
One word. "Nevertheless".

there is two sides
No, there "isn't". But there certainly are.

Then there are the ladies who ask, where are all the intellectual men?
If you must quote, then use quotations. They look like this "".

I could go on, but I think the point is made: you really should polish the old grammar and punctiation before professing your intellect in a public forum. Just a suggestion.

Have a nice day.
 wayupforfun

looks
Posted: 3/25/2006 4:14:52 PM
Just an observation:

I'm 37, male, single. I've never been married. I have a good job, and I'm financially secure. I'm educated and interesting, and a generous lover. And, while not vain, I'm not unattractive. Nonetheless, meeting women, for me, is like yanking teeth. I've heard (or read, really) over and over again that women are looking for the "nice guy"; guys who are trustworthy and honest. Still, it's been my experience that women, despite what they say (and yes, I'm generalizing) find this boring. Women want a man who is self-absorbed and shallow, simply because he is "hot". It's been my experience that women want precisely that which they profess NOT to want--the sexy bad boy.

Your thoughts?
 wayupforfun

GIRLS,GIRLS,GIRLS.......
Posted: 3/13/2006 6:39:39 PM
Also for the record--The Power Station's "Some Like it Hot" (The Power Station c. 1985) is my favorite 80's song. RIP, Robert Palmer. *sigh*
 wayupforfun
Msg: 3 (view)

GIRLS,GIRLS,GIRLS.......
Posted: 3/13/2006 6:30:23 PM
Just to set the record straight--"Oh Sherry" is by Journey's former lead man, Steve Perry. The album was 1984's "Street Talk". Nonetheless, a rockin' good disk. "Strung Out" is my fav from that album.
 wayupforfun

true love
Posted: 3/13/2006 6:08:40 PM
OK, so I'm taking a poll...of sorts. I've been single for going on fifteen months now, and I have to wonder if there are such things as soulmates. The last woman I dated I met on sort of a fluke, a strange intermingling of circumstances that could have been changed by any number of minute happenings. In retrospect, I should have married her. There were so many things that could have kept us apart in the first place, but we were drawn together anyway. Looking back, I can't help but wonder why I fought it.

So anyway, back to the original thought: Is there a true love? Are we really meant to find our one and only, or is it all just an abitrary, "ah, well...you're here, now...you'll do".
 wayupforfun
Msg: 24 (view)

Posted: 2/24/2006 8:30:57 AM
I'm not an anything dad -- never married, no kids. Nothing even remotely Stepford about me, Pam. Ever get over to the West coast?
 wayupforfun
Msg: 33 (view)

What does it take to get a great looking woman?
Posted: 2/21/2006 5:20:46 PM

the most conventionally "hot" ones, were the most boring and tended to treat women the worst.

YAY :)

So there is hope for us slightly-pudgy, sweet, funny, educated sorts :)
 wayupforfun
Msg: 21 (view)

Posted: 2/17/2006 3:31:59 PM
I'm just wishing I lived closer to Texas....I can't message....
 wayupforfun
Msg: 3 (view)

Save me from the South Florida Beach Bunny Clones
Posted: 2/14/2006 5:01:41 PM
I have yet to meet a goth who was unique. Just a different kind of clone.
 wayupforfun
Msg: 16 (view)

Posted: 2/14/2006 2:05:09 PM
I love smart women. Unfortunately, in my area, all I seem to run into are slack-jawed mouth-breathers. "Hot" is nice, but I need a mate who isn't lost in a conversation after "hello".

As far as politics are concerned, I'm about as independent as they come. My political debates, few though they may be, rarely follow any particular party line. I'm not wishy-washy--just selfish :) lol. I like my politicians to work for me, not the other way around.

No, texas, you don't sound bitter. I've never been married, but I've never been good at dating, either, partly for many of the reasons you've stated. Amazing, earth-shattering sex with a dim hottie may be enticing, but only the potential for mental and emotional stimulation will bring me back for seconds (well, that, coupled with amazing, earth-shattering sex).

And please, PLEASE, someone tell ME where the low-maintenance women are!
 wayupforfun

Canoe and kayak trip in North Florida
Posted: 2/14/2006 1:50:48 PM
I spend about ten days every summer paddling around northwestern Ontario, so I would be ALL ABOUT a canoe trip pretty much anytime. We're talking about a canoing/camping weekend or three-day? count me in.
 wayupforfun
Msg: 14 (view)

You might be a redneck if..................
Posted: 1/17/2006 6:29:52 PM
...if you go to family reunions to meet girls....
 wayupforfun
Msg: 13 (view)

What do you like about Florida?
Posted: 1/1/2006 1:34:23 PM
I have the flu, so I think it's hot today, too.
 wayupforfun
Msg: 12 (view)

EXCEPTIONAL WOMEN & Men
Posted: 12/24/2005 7:18:34 PM
lotsa work--thought you might have fallen off the planet...
 wayupforfun

WHY DO ALL THE GOOD LOOKING WOMEN IN FL SMOKE?
Posted: 12/23/2005 7:31:54 PM
Usually is still a pretty broad stroke. I know enough lazy non-smokers to effectively negate your theory.
 wayupforfun

WHY DO ALL THE GOOD LOOKING WOMEN IN FL SMOKE?
Posted: 12/23/2005 5:19:47 PM

laziness usually comes with the package as well

As a smoker who works upwards to 60 hours a week, I resent this statement. Mind you, I have the luck to work outdoors and/or out of my truck, affording me the ability to pretty much smoke whenever I want. Still, I rarely stop for lunch (this is usually eaten in the truck on the way to the next job), let alone for a cigarette.

Incidentally, I licked an ashtray the other night--I'm here to tell you, it was NOTHING like kissing a smoker.
 wayupforfun

EXCEPTIONAL WOMEN & Men
Posted: 12/22/2005 5:29:42 PM
Um.....what's a "date"?
 wayupforfun

Any south florida motorcycle riders?
Posted: 12/15/2005 6:09:26 PM
Nice. I went to Key West in September...rented Harley's new '05 Street Glide.....sweeeeeet.....
 wayupforfun

Posted: 12/15/2005 9:34:35 AM
The Deuce is a nice bike...I'm just more into the touring class.
 wayupforfun
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 12/14/2005 2:16:55 PM
I'm just a renter for now...My goal is to have an '06 Road Glide parked in the garage this time next year, though...
 wayupforfun
Msg: 35 (view)

What if She Doesn't want you to find her
Posted: 12/13/2005 5:59:07 PM

I have a big d*ck

I think maybe he meant to say "am" instead of "have".
 wayupforfun
Msg: 22 (view)

Which is better jeans with or without back pockets?
Posted: 12/13/2005 5:47:40 PM
Looking, it's startling how closely you fit nearly every stalker profile. Country, I'd seriously start locking your doors, investing in firearms, and looking into a restraining order.
 wayupforfun

LONELY PEOPLE HERE in saint petersburg
Posted: 12/13/2005 5:44:30 PM
Hmmm...I'm not in St. Pete, and I don't have a picture.....what am I doing here?
 wayupforfun

Let me Hear an Aww Hellz Yea for Being Single!!!
Posted: 12/8/2005 9:18:20 AM
I'll be out buying a tree this weekend, though i'm not looking forward to it. I suppose I'm just not in the mood yet, though I'm trying hard to be.
 wayupforfun

Posted: 12/3/2005 8:26:45 PM
Quite the contrary-- I do everything by myself, and I do enjoy myself. I have a great family and wonderful friends with whom I love to spend time. Still, there are times when it would be nice to have an "other half", so to speak. I live in a beautiful part of the world, I own a lovely home, and I have a great job. It'd just be nice to share these blessings with someone from time to time.
 wayupforfun
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 12/2/2005 4:49:43 PM
Sorry, being single blows.
 wayupforfun

Dinner with X-boyfriend??????
Posted: 11/29/2005 7:19:22 PM
The point is moot. Seriously, if I was (or, for that matter, if any of us were) qualified to give advice on matters of the heart, I (we) wouldn't be here to begin with. At this point, it's all really just a gamble.
 wayupforfun
Msg: 15 (view)

P.S.
Posted: 11/22/2005 2:19:49 PM
Speaking for all the three-foot-tall midgets in the world, I thank you.

OK, so not really...
 wayupforfun

Golfers?
Posted: 11/6/2005 3:44:27 PM
If there are any golfers, male or female, up for a round on a weekend, please let me know. I'm not that good, really, though i do enjoy the game and rarely pass up a chance to have a couple beers while chewing up the fairways. Not looking to organize a tourny (yet), just hoping for some company on the links.

"I'm hittin' lawn furniture, I'm diggin' up cable....I'm not afraid to take a divot--they call me 'The Farmer"!!!"
--Greg Hahn
 wayupforfun
Msg: 7 (view)

Have any of you fellow Floridians met anyone here?
Posted: 10/31/2005 5:51:24 PM
Nope. I haven't met anyone new in person for a long time. Might be because I'm kinda shy in person, or...I dunno. Short answer, no.

Show ALL Forums