Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: clit sticking to leg
 __moh__
Msg: 167 (view)

clit sticking to leg
Posted: 3/3/2012 11:53:15 PM
Not a problem and if you find yourself asking this at 41 yo that should tell you that things are ok. Don't worry.
 __moh__
Msg: 11 (view)

sleepover but no sex
Posted: 3/3/2012 11:48:31 PM
Check his phone????? Ohhhhhhhhhhhh what a great way to start a relationship. Or live in one for that matter!!!!!
 __moh__
Msg: 19 (view)

What exactly is dating?
Posted: 3/3/2012 11:41:20 PM
Actually I see it as exactly the opposite. Dating isn't 1 on 1 or exclusivity, it's about going out with people who you find attractive, from whatever your perspective might be, on a casual basis. I see the bottom line as going out with a person for a romantic or physical reason. The lack of either of these agendas is really a friendship.
 __moh__
Msg: 19 (view)

Is it possible to be in a relationship and not be sexually active?
Posted: 3/3/2012 11:23:35 PM
There would have to be a reason why a couple would not be intimate with each other. Either a medical or psychological condition or relationship problems.

Just my opinion.

good luck with it
 __moh__
Msg: 1 (view)

She keeps talking about ex's
Posted: 3/3/2012 11:17:03 PM
Hi there,

I thought it would be good to throw this out there and get a few different perspectives. I recently met a lady online and have dated her a couple of times. First date was fine and got along great. The next two dates were dominated by her telling me how abusive her last marriage was. I gave a symperthetic ear and rolled with it for the evening, came away from it feeling a touch concerned that there was a 6'4 extremely violent guy out there with a total disregard for police restraining orders who could knock on the door anytime I might be there. I was also concerned about the sheer number of guys this lady has dated, got totally confused by which one she was telling me about at any given time.

Next date similar, spent the evening with her talking about her ex's. Tried to change the subject a few time but got to the point i decided to leave as I really wanted to get to know her not learn about a heap, and I mean heap, of guys who really sound like a mob of total losers.

So what do you think guys and gals? Am I being unfair here? I've always heard that one of the cardinal rules is not to talk lotto much about ex's. I'm also very concerned about why she's had so many relationships that don't seem to work out. I did ask her what was the go there but didn't really get much of a response.

Be kool to hear some feedback.

Thanks all, Mike
 __moh__
Msg: 125 (view)

Why is women's stock overvalued?
Posted: 10/20/2011 7:32:42 AM
Because thats what it is. It is what it is. The situation could be reversed but what ever the situation you just deal with it. Women on the street or at a night club dont just jump into your arms. If you see someone who you like and would like to get to know them then you try to do something that will make yourself stand out and get them to notice you. That goes for men or women. So be original with your profile, select the right pics and think about what your going to say when you first contact someone. The bottom line is, everyone has their own personal preference so you could do all of the above and still strike out.

It is what it is and you have to deal with it in the real world or cyber space.
 __moh__
Msg: 48 (view)

why a meal on the first date?
Posted: 10/20/2011 7:07:45 AM
I happen to agree with u. Not so much not liking them as a person but quickly realising that the chemistry for either might not be there. I think a light hearted catch up, coffee or a drink is the way to go for me. From there if you both click, enjoying each others company and have the time available then move on to a meal.
 __moh__
Msg: 2 (view)

Hi all, can I get some feed back and help with my profile pease.
Posted: 10/11/2011 9:58:16 PM
Thanks for the feed back and suggestions Lioness5127. I've made the changes you suggested.
 __moh__

What's wrong with my profile?
Posted: 10/11/2011 9:50:57 PM
Hey there Abstand7

Just checked out your profile. I'd probably agree with Lioness about the pics. This site seems to be about first impressions and a better pic would probably achieve that. Lioness is a woman after all and on here a females perspective and feed back is invaluable.

The way you started your profile to me seemed to be a problem. "I have never done anything like this before, I don't need to have anything serious right away. If you're just interested in meeting somebody new, I would be more than happy to have a chat."

It comes across as if your barely interested in doing this at all. Most of the people on here have never done anything like this before and I wonder if it's necessary to have to spell it out like that. If your not interested in meeting someone for a long term relationship or a relationship for that matter, it did leave me wondering what you are looking for, just friendship? then you might consider re-writing it in a different way. A little more clarity as to what you are seeking couldn't hurt.

Spell out what your looking for. People are looking for various types of relationships on here and will basically respond to those profiles that fit their criteria.

Hope I haven't been to harsh, first time on here can be a tad daunting and it's a matter of tweeking the profile, sometimes changing it entirely before you get it right.

All the best and good luck.

Mike
 __moh__
Msg: 23 (view)

can I get some help please??? i don't think i'm using the right bait =/
Posted: 10/11/2011 9:33:25 PM
Hi there Britt

Just looked at your profile.

Great pic. Ticks all the boxes, smiling nicely, not posed just a nice natural shot of a pretty lady.

Your pic leads perfectly into a great profile that comes across as a fun care free person who enjoys life and wants to meet someone who does likewise. You have shared some things about yourself that to me gave a great insight to the kind of person you are.

For me it ticked all the boxes. I think it's a good profile, not too much and enough to let people know a little about you and build a chat to get to know you further.

Well done.

Good luck with everything.

Mike
 __moh__
Msg: 1 (view)

Hi all, can I get some feed back and help with my profile pease.
Posted: 10/11/2011 9:24:03 PM
Hi everyone,

Like everyone on this site I'd like to have a good profile that is interesting to read and gives people a good idea of who I am and what I'm looking for on here.

I would really appreciate some constructive feed back and suggestions to help me create the best possible profile that works for me and hopefully get a few more responses to messages I am sending out.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

All the best and have a great day.

Mike
 __moh__
Msg: 22 (view)

What's the point of making a profile?
Posted: 10/11/2011 8:37:39 PM
I think a lot of people put generic interests in their profile. I know when I've commented on specific interests in the past the response has been a bit blah blah. I actually will ask a person what things they like even though I've read their profile. I find that people are more passionate about some of their interests than others and I find it to be a good starting point to talk about and then to build upon. It's sort of the ice breaker I suppose.

Having said that, a common complaint I've heard is that a lot of people don't read the profiles, I can't understand why, for me it's the profile that interests me about the person. I've seen women who actually ask responders to quote a word the have placed in their profile to ensure they have actually read the profile. The response from them has been great as we've been able to have a bit of a laugh and joke about it and then gone on to have a great chat.

All the best Mike
 __moh__
Msg: 25 (view)

At what point to call this quits
Posted: 9/30/2011 4:08:44 AM
Relationships are supposed to make you happy. Sure there's tough times when you both go through hard times but for the most you remain in relationships because there's mutual love and respect. His ex relationships didn't work for what ever reason and I think it's pretty disrespectful to be in a monogamous relationship and still go out with a multitude of ex's. Sure there's cases when someone remains friends with an ex and that in itself should be managed correctly and respectfully of the new and current partner BUT going out regularly with ex's?

Trust your gut. If you don't like it and it's making you unhappy and he is inconsiderate to your feelings on the matter then you need to end it.

Good luck with this, I know it's easy to give advise but in my opinion short time pain for a long term gain.

Mike
 __moh__
Msg: 38 (view)

Housekeeping --- Does a messy place turn you off?
Posted: 9/30/2011 3:50:54 AM
I met a lady from online who dressed impeccably and presented herself wonderfully. When I went to her house for the first time it was the most disgusting site I've ever seen, something like you would see on tv. She explained she had been battling depression and had now addressed it and was on the way up. I gave her the benifit of the doubt and spent god knows how long to clean the piles of rubbish from the floor, scrape the mess off the walls and clean the kids rooms wash dishes and clean the remnants of food in the fridge that had since turned into a disgusting smelling brown sludge. 6 weeks later the house was back to the same state. She turned out to be a very abusive woman towards me and her beautiful little children.

I guess I'm saying that there was a very major insight into the person. If they can't respect themselves by giving themselves a nice clean environment to live in then I wonder how they are able to make an effort to make a relationship work? Most of us have our messy times from time to time and obsessive compulsive cleaning? Well there's an issue there too in my impression. For the most I think a dirty house is definitely a turn off for me.
 __moh__

Comparing the Ask a Girl and Ask a Guy sections
Posted: 9/30/2011 1:51:57 AM
Good response. It's exactly true.
 __moh__
Msg: 64 (view)

Can men and women just be friends?
Posted: 9/30/2011 1:46:39 AM
Yeah, of course.
 __moh__
Msg: 47 (view)

Not kissing on the first date.....why is that a problem with some men.
Posted: 7/18/2008 6:10:42 PM
Hey there,

The bottom line is that u are entitled to have as many and whatever rules u want. It's up to the guys to decide if they can deal with that. your personal rules are simply another part of the entire package that a guy must weigh up in deciding if they're interested. Much the same as a woman takes into account the entire package of a guy. Many many men will really love your discerning nature and will totally respect it. The guy u described showed his true and disrespectful nature and I certainly hope u crossed him of the list.

Hpe the feedback helps and good luck.

Mike
 __moh__
Msg: 139 (view)

Do men like it when women contact them first?
Posted: 7/18/2008 5:50:08 PM
Hi there,

U know it's really nice to see the majority of messages on here support a woman making an initial contact. To begin with, from a males perspective or female for that matter, it's lovely and flattering to receive a message that says your interestin to someone. And the next issue is simply this so called emancipated era in which a woman can do the same as her male contempories means that it's more than OK to take the bull by the horns and say hi to someone who seems interesting to u. Remember that people are coming onto this site to meet other people so who gives a damned who initiates contact because that might just be the life changing message. Good luck everyone. Mike

Show ALL Forums