Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Phone sex operator
 becinala
Msg: 28 (view)

Phone sex operator
Posted: 2/28/2012 5:58:19 AM
Mine would be Granny Get it on!!! LOL
 Becinala
Msg: 31 (view)

hatred of webcam
Posted: 2/28/2012 2:20:25 AM
they should have named it the "boobie" cam....I refuse to use one..
 Becinala
Msg: 49 (view)

What if you were warned?
Posted: 2/28/2012 2:18:26 AM
the "friend" that is telling you to warn her, let her do it if she wants her to know so badlly..YOU stay out of it unless #3 asks you
 Becinala
Msg: 33 (view)

how do you turn a negative into a positive!
Posted: 2/28/2012 2:14:18 AM
I agree with Funnygirl, I have been there and for those of you that is giving her advice, it is not as easy as it sounds. monkey bites are him marking his territory like a dog pi%% ing on a tree. It is there to show the other men to stay away.. DO NOT tell him in person and absolutely not alone that you are breaking up with him. And after you do, be very careful about your safety. Do not ever assume that "he woyldn't do that" because he will.. Hide out for a couple of days if needed and at the first sign of stalking get a restraining order (not that it matters sometimes) on him and try to never be alone at night and such until you know he has moved on..
I have had a knife to my throat and a gun pointed at me. So I know how hard it is to walk away from someone when you are scared sh7tless of him.....
Stay in therapy and take a year off and do not date...I tried dating right after the breakup and found that I couldn't...I took a year off from dating and got my self esteem back and I feel like my old self again.
Good Luck Honey and keep us informed of your progress.
 becinala
Msg: 8 (view)

BIZARRE INCIDENT - GREAT GUY - NEED ADVICE
Posted: 2/27/2012 2:54:34 PM
Honey I am 57and let me tell you that they are millions of people my age that asks themselves "what if?" for the rest of their lives...go for it whatever way you want, but go for it!!! You will never know until you try.
 Becinala
Msg: 16 (view)

Handywoman
Posted: 2/26/2012 5:26:57 PM
OK the reason I asked about the disposal was because I was curious what people thought about it...I have been online dating long enough to know that if they don't like you, they don't like you..You cannot make it be there....
you all have given me alot of good info on this subject, thank you all
 Becinala
Msg: 5 (view)

Handywoman
Posted: 2/26/2012 7:12:12 AM
In my opinion this is the real reason he did not contact me back is that there is difference in our income level and who he hangs out with..I am a poor country girl and he and his family are well off..(But I do clean up well)
I really don't care why he didn't call back...but I did enjoy fixin' his disposal..
 Becinala
Msg: 4 (view)

Handywoman
Posted: 2/26/2012 7:08:13 AM
well i do chage travel time..Let's see, $.20 a mile from Alabama to Canada, too much for me to count....but would love to go fishing while up there!! Thanks for responding
 Becinala
Msg: 1 (view)

Handywoman
Posted: 2/26/2012 6:31:33 AM
I recently went on a first date, but had a meeting first and went to the guys house for a dinner that he cooked on the grill...While there he stated that his garbage disposal did not work and that he was going to have to call a plumber..I am very handy when it comes to fixin things and I told him that I would look at it for him..I did and found the problem and fixed it for him.
I have not heard back from him.
If a woman knows more than you do in areas like this, do you men feel intimidated?
Should I have just acted dumb?
 Becinala
Msg: 13 (view)

Deal breakers?
Posted: 2/26/2012 6:26:11 AM
did you tie her up and drag her to your APT? If not she went on her on..Now if I am on a date and he wants to go back to his apt and it is something I do not want to do, I just say no...
I do not think you did anything wrong..sometimes you just can't read a woman...But when someone doesn't call me back, I usually send a note asking why..Especially if I liked the person.
 Becinala
Msg: 38 (view)

Facebook friends?
Posted: 2/25/2012 6:43:16 PM
I love facebook in that I find out more about who iam talking about..lot more PICS and find out what kind of friends he has....I do not tell to much private info on my page, I usually put little sayings on there and remarks...I never give out anything else..Also I can remove anyone that I have befriended and block them..
 Becinala
Msg: 2 (view)

Dates that NOBODY has paid for?
Posted: 2/22/2012 1:45:25 PM
When I suggest meeting I usually say something like this "Would you like to meet for a cup of coffee? Dutch treat? " then I will arrive with a soda in my hand or will offer to pay for my drink.....I will have to say that most of the men my age prefers to pay....
 Becinala
Msg: 47 (view)

Talking ....way too much!
Posted: 2/22/2012 1:34:57 PM
I went to meet a guy this past week-end that is a talker. Not only a talker but a pessimistic talker..Putting people down that would walk by and etc...
the thing about him is that if he would shut up he would be almost perfect to me and my needs..I know you can't change anyone so I will move on....but so sad that he just can't stop talking...
 Becinala
Msg: 33 (view)

Spending too much time talking online.
Posted: 2/22/2012 1:25:26 PM
this is an old post, but I want to respond to it.
I have met the same day I have emailed someone and I have talked on the phone with someone a year before meeting...
all the ones in between taught me a lesson in that if you talk on the phone/text/email, for too long, and let me say here more than sy 5-8 times, you will start seeing this person as to what you think they are , then when you meet, you feel strange...It is like starting all over again..Someone put it that we are going at this all backwards, we used to meet, then talk,, now we talk then meet....I have actually closed my eyes and listened to them talk to where I could feel more at ease with the one I was with..
 Becinala
Msg: 34 (view)

Is there no concept of friends AFTER divorce??
Posted: 2/22/2012 11:29:23 AM
I was married to my ex for 20 years and with him 22. I left him for a highschool sweetheart..Now I realize that what I did was wrong, but he was no saint and I will leave it at that..Well here it is 15 years later and we live 2 blocks apart.. He and I both date when we find someone to date us, and we see each other everyday. He is a good man and I would give anything if he would find a woman to love him, but mine and his ways jsut do not mix...I love to travel and love music...He wants to stay home and never go anywhere...we have 3 children and 9 grands . We can actually be at the same birthday party at the same time....I love him for being in my life, but I could never live with him again...
 Becinala
Msg: 23 (view)

After Weightloss Skin Issue, does it matter?
Posted: 2/21/2012 5:47:10 PM
I need a tummy tuck Elgalawaat!!!
 Becinala
Msg: 6 (view)

How to ask a girl who works at a grocery store?
Posted: 2/21/2012 6:38:33 AM
slip her a short note with your number...then smile and walk away..maybe with lingering eyes..
I was a nurse for 30 or so years and even tho I had to be nice to all. If I were interested, i would flirt a little!
 Becinala
Msg: 3 (view)

rebound love
Posted: 2/17/2012 8:06:48 AM
A calender? are you serious? No i do not so that..But if I am talking to a person, I will ask how long they have been single..If they say a few months, a red flag goes up...I will continue talking to them if we both want it, but I do not allow my heart to be involved until I know more about the situation...
Yes, in his last relationship, he was the follower and she did not want to get married..I really liked them both as friends and I hated to see the break up..I do not think he knew this Lady in anyway before the move to TX...

You know we all get on here and say that we want this or that, or we won't date he or she, but in the end, we cannot help who we fall in love with....Strange things happen when love is involved..
 Becinala

rebound love
Posted: 2/16/2012 4:31:12 PM
A friend of mine and his long term girlfriend of 10+++ years, broke up just right before Christmas. He was devastated. He moved to TX because of his job at about the same time. In fact I think that is one reason they broke up, he had to move and she didn't want to go..Anyway just a couple of weeks after he moved, he put on his facebook that he was in a relationship, then engaged and now I find out he got married on Valentines Day.. Now we all know that this was a rebound relationship and really feel it probably will not work..
My Question is...With all the loneliness in the world, would you marry someone that you knew were fresh out of relationship?
I myself would not. I like for a date to be out of a relationship for at least a year...
 Becinala
Msg: 141 (view)

Men in diapers
Posted: 2/16/2012 6:29:08 AM
Hello,
I am an expert seamstress and I have made many outfits for AB's including stuffed panties, diapers, little girl dresses, etc....They have all been very nice to me..online, but I do not know any in person...It is a bigger fetish than you think..Also ANR is very much in demand.. (Adult Nursing Relationship) If I were young and could produce milk, i could be a rich woman!! LOL
 Becinala
Msg: 9 (view)

french kissing
Posted: 2/8/2012 7:45:43 AM
I think most people do love kissing...I do!! But what I was asking was "french" kissing on the first kiss offensive to more women than me?
Let me put it into perspective for the guys,
You meet a Lady that you like enough to see a second time..you tell her that and she shows up at your door later that night with her clothes, toothbrush and CAT!!
If she had taken it slow, the end result might have been great, with great times for all, but because she took it too fast, it turned you off and made you run like hell!!
 Becinala
Msg: 7 (view)

driving to him
Posted: 2/7/2012 8:03:52 PM
Why would I consider driving? Because I think he is worth it
I do have other plans in case things don't work out.
Why not meet halfway? I have done that before and you are in a strange place and have no idea what to do if you click.
When i say acceptable, I mean do you think he would think me desperate if I drive to see him..Yes he is willing to come to me, but there is nothing to do here, except Mom and Pop cafe's....
you all have been so good at answering my question.
 Becinala

driving to him
Posted: 2/7/2012 5:51:22 PM
I live in a very small town with nothing to do....He lives 5 hours away in a very large town... Would it be acceptable for me to drive to him for a first meet?
 Becinala
Msg: 4 (view)

french kissing
Posted: 2/3/2012 10:10:44 AM
did I get any serious answers??
 Becinala
Msg: 2 (view)

french kissing
Posted: 2/2/2012 6:30:58 PM
I always place my arms, bent at the elbows between my date and I to where I can push away if necessary..I did, of course push him away, and turned my head where he couldn't come at me again...
 Becinala

french kissing
Posted: 2/2/2012 6:18:37 PM
thru the years this has happened several times and I just want to hear from the other women to see if I am the only one that is this way..
I hate french kissing on the very first kiss!!
I feel that soft gentle closed mouth kissing is appropriate for the first few kisses..
Am I different??
Last Saturday I met a very nice guy and really liked him til he tried to run his tongue down my throat on our very first kiss!! I was instantly turned off...
 Becinala
Msg: 14 (view)

Divorce courts are full of couples who love each other.
Posted: 1/25/2012 12:23:37 PM
From someone whom has been married and divorced more than once.
I will be short and sweet. I thought the grass was greener on the other side and it wasn't ans so not until later did I learn that not only did I love him, but he loved me..Too late too much water under the bridge..Lack of communication was our problem!
Also they are a few, not many, but a few of older americans that will divorce but stay together for financial reasons..
 Becinala
Msg: 56 (view)

I need advice
Posted: 1/25/2012 8:38:03 AM
so how did it end??
 Becinala
Msg: 5 (view)

Making a better first meet
Posted: 1/24/2012 9:20:49 AM
I have had a few like that also and it can be very trying to say the least. One thing to try is "Now I have asked all about you, now what do you want to know about me"?
also I have made sure that I have read his profile really good and maybe even taken notes, on his likes..I then go by that in asking him questions about his likes..ie, if he plays golf, ask him when is the last tiem that he went, his score, does he play every weekend,(if he does, run! you will be a golf widow every week-end!!) If he is looking around at other women while on the date and not listening to me, I will politely leave after I have told him why...You ahve not lost anything by staying.
 Becinala

how to delete names
Posted: 1/20/2012 7:23:21 PM
Hello,
When I am checking my inbox they are the names listed above that I have ever emailed and it shows if they are online or not. I want to delete those names. How can I do it without blocking them?
 Becinala
Msg: 74 (view)

Flaking - the NO call, NO show ....Who the hell thinks this is normal ?
Posted: 1/16/2012 3:36:10 PM
dmzvisitor,
No, I wwill not give him a second chance....I believe that he let his real person show and I am glad he did..I think I was smart..
He does not know where I live, he has been blocked where ever I could block him..
thanks for responding
Becky
 Becinala
Msg: 44 (view)

WTF? Havent dated in 21 years
Posted: 1/15/2012 11:14:49 AM
one of the sweetest things a guy did after meeting me, he called me on the phone not 5 minutes after we parted (from a coffee meeting) and told me how much he liked the meeting and really wanted to do it again and preceded to make a date on the phone...Made me feel good that he was reafirming what he had said in the coffee shop.
 Becinala
Msg: 72 (view)

Flaking - the NO call, NO show ....Who the hell thinks this is normal ?
Posted: 1/15/2012 11:08:56 AM
I guess I am guilty of this, as I did this today to someone, well sorta, I told him last night at MN.
Why?
I have been talking to this guy for about a month on the phone. At first he was sweet, kind, made me laugh and made me feel so good about myself..then in the last 2 conversations, he became rude, talked down to me, would not let me finish a sentaence without interrupting me and just became an a-hole.
I talked to him about 9 pm with the idea that we were going to meet today about lunch. I was awake til MN thinking about the way that he talked to me...I sent him an email stating the reason why I would not be there...I have not heard back from him..guess he got the message....
So is this being flaky?
 Becinala
Msg: 7 (view)

ladies have you ever paid to get out of a bad date?
Posted: 1/8/2012 2:28:25 PM
I had to pay for a dinner date when the date "accidently" left his wallet at home....
 Becinala
Msg: 178 (view)

worst date u went on
Posted: 1/8/2012 2:20:14 PM
I just have to tell my bad date story..
I had been talking to this Lawyer that lived about 3 hours away from me..Saw his photo and he was very nice looking...we talked nightly and had some good conversations..
One day he called and said that he had to go thru my town going to take a deposition in a town a couple of hours away. He suggested that he come down as far as my town and we meet, go out, and then I could go with him the next day and then he would reverse the route.
When I opened the door to the motel this is what I saw.
A very large man with the worst toupee on that I had ever seen, He was wearing silk basketball shorts, a white long sleeved starched shirt, socks with colored stripes at the top pulled up to his knees and black dress shoes.
Now I think of myself a decent person and will be nice to everyone. I was nice and we went across the street to eat dinner.. all thru dinner I was trying to think of an excuse not to go with him the next day. He looked at me and said "what's the matter, you look like you have a bad headache" ding!!! I responded that I did and needed to go home..
After tossing all night, I finally got the nerve to call him at the motel and when I did the desk clerk told me that he had checked out about an hour earlier..Bless his heart, I guess this wasn't the first time he had been dumped!
 Becinala
Msg: 521 (view)

Expain the phrase My children are my top priority?
Posted: 7/9/2008 7:42:10 AM
For those who care, I have chosen my children....I cannot take a known abuser above the love of my children and grandchildren. He helped make the decision last night when he went out drinking when he was told not to by both of his Dr.s and then kept lying to me about it to me on the phone as if I couldn't tell he was drinking..If he can't keep a commitment at this level at this time, he wouldn't in the future..I was only kidding myself that he had changed...A sign of an abused partner on my part.
 Becinala
Msg: 519 (view)

Posted: 7/8/2008 4:14:54 PM
Thanks for the reply,
When I joined POF I was not even thinking about going back to the ex., I was ready to move on. I only recently felt in my heart that what I wanted was to put my marriage back together..I have an appoinment with a psychologist on Friday to begin sessions for help...I appreciate your thoughts..
 Becinala
Msg: 517 (view)

Posted: 7/8/2008 3:34:52 PM
A little different scenerio but need advise on..
My ex and I are still very much in love but apart....we want to work on getting back together, my children are 36,33 and 28..He is a step Father and 2 of them don't like him. for what they think is a good reason....He physically abused me at one time, He is currently undergoing psyicatric care and has been placed on meds that has done wonders for his mood swings and he has been diagnosed with PTSD. He is doing great.
My 2 children will all but take away my ability to see my Grands if I go back to him and try to carry on our marriage because they say they are scared that he will loose it and become violate...He has never shown his temper to them or the children..He loves them..I am having to choose between my soul mate and my children...so who should come first in my life???

Show ALL Forums