Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Should a woman buy a man a drink on the first date?
 Rose_rod
Msg: 117 (view)

Should a woman buy a man a drink on the first date?
Posted: 8/31/2008 6:30:32 PM
I think as a guy, that on the first date everybody has to pay for their own food and drinks.
Second date the guy can be the one that buys the drinks, but on the third date it's definately the woman's turn.
If i see that i keep on paying for things then i can see that it's going to be like this all the time.
Also buying women drinks left right and center is a "display of lower value".
Sub consciously the woman will think that the guy has got nothing to offer her and sees the guy as a chump....then at best he can be the "nice guy" that finishes last or at best in the "friend zone".

I believe that when your date told you with laughter to get him a drink, he was just being**** and funny and maybe you shouldve seen it as a funny friendly moment.

Women that expect guys to always pay for things are not "old-fashioned" or "old school"...its called being an opportunist.
Clubs and bars are filled with girls (i know one) that go to out without spending a penny...they flirt with guys and give them fake indications of interest to get guys to buy drinks for them....then the move on to the next guy etc etc.
If you expect the guy to always pay then it shows that you don't even like him for who he is but what he can do for you...

You have money just as the guy has money,...so when he buys then you should return the favor.

Show ALL Forums