Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: unable to have children - is that a concern for men?
 greyingred
Msg: 60 (view)

unable to have children - is that a concern for men?
Posted: 8/19/2013 8:55:59 AM

I thought Aden was the problem child... Not George.
lol no arguing from me. Georges are wildcards and exasperatingly good fun not sh*ts. Sounds like you got 'Georged' ;-) .Lukes are often a problem too.
 greyingred
Msg: 58 (view)

unable to have children - is that a concern for men?
Posted: 8/19/2013 2:21:15 AM

Err, no. I know a great deal about adoption.
Laughing cos remembering that yes you do and I know the relinquishing end. Adoption has as many pitfalls as benefits.

Delighted you have a child. Yes it is amazing and I still count my blessings. Also agree wholeheartedly about the PC gone wrong slapdown re being selfish and adopting instead. Considering how hard adopting, especially a baby, is in this country would suggest IVF (if necessary) to be in many ways ironically a less invasive. quicker option. I think that genetic parents are in theory more able to rear their own children than a biological stranger. Genes are passed on, not just the physiological side but the psychological and family history is often repeated....i.e. George plays brilliantly quirky football just like his great uncle did, so despite ma and pa having no interest in it, they know wherefrom (he is not being deliberately opposition to their tastes) and why George spends his entire free time playing football and encourage it. Laughing at choosing the name George for fictitious child...every George I have known has been an utter wildcard and hell during teen years, could've changed my mind if I had had a George.

If I have one personal gripe it is with IVF treatments - so much trauma induced and money spent on perpetuating rich genes at all cost when poor kids are waiting in orphanages. That doesn't seem right to me.

Pretty sure 'poor' infertile couples can go the Medicare route, especially if genetic problems, could be wrong. Am unsure where I stand on IVF. I had the opposite problem and took great delight when people would tut about my largish family asking them to suggest which one should I have killed before 20 weeks 3:)

As for men not having children. I have one brother who realises it is now too late and it breaks his heart. It is a natural, nurturing urge for either gender.
 greyingred
Msg: 5 (view)

The battle of the blue ties 7/9/13
Posted: 8/12/2013 6:52:28 PM
Silly me and you...isn't it obvious.....it appears OP thinks that Coca Cola run Australia but are cleverly disguised in blue ties and fake jesus sandals.
 greyingred
Msg: 96 (view)

Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 7/2/2013 9:08:59 AM
Am I the only one who might see another senario as to the Gillard/Rudd do dah whatsit all about Alfie? There was a distinct possibility that Julia might not win the next election from the start of her Premiership...so less the stab in the back and more the behind the scenes manipulation from both labour factions with an agreement it was probably the best bet to get Rudd back in. Aussies like the underdog (so I have heard unless they are a tall poppy underdog eh?). So to avert the unthinkable of ratface, fascist getting in....do the coup thingy. Am sorry but having worked in politics not much is missed even if behind closed doors, at the risk of sounding paranoid, the whole place is full of spies, double dealings and shenanigans .Not lost on me that Rudd has tried to get women on board that might otherwise have been stupid enough to not vote Labour because of perceived shabby treatment of Gillard (personally think she is a remarkable, self contained, highly intelligent woman) by having quite a large (comparatively) female percentage in his cabinet etc. (suppose it is better than being in the closet). I am more inclined to think it is less internal backstabbing as flayling last gasps, triple dealing and a double bluff on the Media....bloody well hope they are swimming a marathon come September. In fact the timing of this bloodless coup was impeccable, just before the school...whoops parliamentary holidays and too late for Abbot to do anything about it. Very clever, devious but clever....so glad I left politics.
 greyingred
Msg: 20 (view)

Went on a date the other night
Posted: 6/4/2013 9:47:36 PM
I think that you seem like a bit of an idiot, please try and rectify this as there isn't much time left for you, you must be on the wrong side of 60...
Why is it that people who think they are enlightened have not noticed that they lost their sense of humour way back, that is if it was ever there. Belief in Namaste, my numb lotus positioned ar$e, is somewhat lacking but then it is okay, life begins at 40 and one never really listens to youth's dummy spits (maybe even my own). Just ask the Dali Lama.

Went out to a poetry do recently, was looking at all the shenanigans of the young and beautiful and have laid private bets with myself as to who will 'do' whom, fall out with whom, change gender preferences, etc etc ...there seems to be a dispensing of dates amongst the Y&B and it passes the time whilst I suffered some excrutiating poetry and contemplated life after the wrong side of 60 from the greener side of the fence.
 greyingred
Msg: 26 (view)

Do you want to fall in love again ?
Posted: 5/29/2013 8:32:10 AM

Nice going Bill - you scared her off!
Not possible, pooks don't spook that easily.
No....yes...maybe...I dunno!!
Thought you were in love with the tatt man? Or is that in tatters...sorry bad pun but had to be done. think I have more in common with Marlene http://youtu.be/HaZDiKRT1is. Probably wouldn't be such a misanthrop if immigration had said yes to my partner....instead...hey ho for choices and folly.
 greyingred
Msg: 17 (view)

Posted: 5/29/2013 8:27:27 AM

Anyone beat a "magical penis" with a 19 yo daughter?
So not going there, could get banned again. Do remember shoving a dildo through the hole where the door handle should've been to freak my daughter and her horrible boyfriend out. No longer together, so something must've worked.

OP suggest you ask about magical penis before 2nd date. If he answers yes...RUN LOLA RUN.
 greyingred
Msg: 15 (view)

Posted: 5/28/2013 11:36:05 AM
I am pretty certain that I will be a grandmother as a result...

--and to top it off, he is a douche--

(did I say that already? because it is kind of important to the story...)
Trouble is with douches they are used to irrigate vaginas so maybe a tad semantically inappropriate especially due to grandmother prospect. Suggest you use a more appropriate word like c*ck or weasel or as a friends says Catfish cos they are scum sucking bottom dwellers. Have never been one for holding back my opinion of adult kids partners. Had a few scarey times but as they get older and less obsessed with sex as the b and end all, their choice of partners gets better.

OP chill, he might be telling the truth. It does happen you know. Either way meh, it happens when it happens and if it doesn't be grateful.
 greyingred
Msg: 24 (view)

Message Moderatoring. Might be an Upcoming Feature
Posted: 5/21/2013 4:49:22 AM
Sincerely hoping I am not off topic and banned here as well. Sorry was misinformed and have managed to contact the only moderator I can. Here's hoping.

Agree about the age limits limiting contact with Mods etc. Have a friend who is 16 years older than the partner, been married 35 years. Whilst I understand the fear about predators perpetrating pedophilia, since everyone here has to be over 18, seems to me to be more than heavy handed and over judgemental. I have quite enjoyed some of the young mens' emails to me over the years. Not all who contacted me were after an intimate encounter with what they perceived as a GILF...most were asking advice, just wanted to chat etc. or to compliment me on a funny post. In fact that reminds me I haven't heard from one who lives out bush and enjoys intelligent conversation and opinions (yeah yeah I am big noting myself...well no one else does) I would sorely miss this aspect of POF.
 greyingred
Msg: 21 (view)

Message Moderatoring. Might be an Upcoming Feature
Posted: 5/21/2013 4:17:56 AM
I have come across the problem of being unable to contact any Moderator due to their own personal message restrictions. Very frustrating and at the risk of sounding a petulant child, upsetting and discriminatory to anyone outside of Canada, with no recourse to repudiate the accusations. Would appreciate some help.
 greyingred
Msg: 7 (view)

Unable to post to the threads half the time
Posted: 5/19/2013 12:25:15 PM
thanks, doubt it was off topic more likely I peed someone off cos humour is a fickle medium especially when they lack it....arhar, see my point lol?. Where do I find the right moderator to email.

No need.

It is a result of things such as you reposting deleted threads.
When a moderator deletes a thread posted by a user there is a reason for it.
Reposting it after we've actioned it is sorta like telling us you don't think the rules apply to you.

Anyway as a user already pointed out to you, POSTING THIS STUFF IN THE FORUMS is not the correct method to get assistance. In fact, it just reinforces our opinions that for whatever reason you think the rules are for all those other people.

greyingred

Unable to post to the threads half the time
Posted: 5/18/2013 9:54:36 AM
I am unable to post anything. I get the message that my message is too short, which it is not considering I usually write a paragraph or so. Would like some help because I enjoy the Australian Forum site. It seems I can post here but not on any other Forum be it Australian or Ask a girl or Recipes. PLEASE SORT THIS OUT FOR ME. THANKS.
 greyingred
Msg: 22 (view)

what the funniest and weirdest thing an ex has done
Posted: 3/6/2013 7:42:40 PM
This from someone with two MA's. As they say ,go figure

Intellect sadly is not in direct correlation to emotional maturity. The term barking mad professor is there for a reason. Father was at Oxford Uni aged 16 and youngest consultant in UK for a while. Apparently doesn't like relationships yet married three women, not too fond of kids especially when they learn to question (go figure cos he taught us to reason) yet had 7. As you said...go figure!

3ffervescent...sorry forgot to memorise spelling...that is classic.
 greyingred
Msg: 28 (view)

Please tell me how I'm asking for this
Posted: 3/6/2013 7:28:09 PM
Lesson hard learned...when on initial meeting I for no apparent reason dislike/distrust the stranger....FOR EFFS SAKE LISTEN!!!!!! Cos it is better to be wrong than suffer the consequences of yet another not nice person. Sadly my catholic upbringing did not prepare me for protecting my first cheek let alone the other. So OP, if you are honest with yourself you would have initially had some warnings but being kind you chose to ignore them. STOP IT NOW. It doesn't mean you have to be unkind nor change what is in my opinion a genuinely humane character it just means you become healthily descerning it also tends to lead to being treated with more respect ironically especially from the meanies in the world cos they know they can't use you.
 greyingred
Msg: 16 (view)

what the funniest and weirdest thing an ex has done
Posted: 2/10/2013 5:16:06 PM
Asking for the tools when we split up. Pointed out that they were all mine, some were presents from him and did he even know how to use a circular saw etc. He being the chef should've got the pots and pans but had kids to feed. But best one was when I started to force him to have the kids every other weekend...refused to see the kids saying he was not going to babysit whilst I had 'fun' then took me to court saying I was abusing the kids by making him have them (they adored him at the time which was why I did it) for 2.5 days per 14...even the magistrate was gobsmacked. Mind you it is in a sick way very very funny that he considered his role as a father as reluctant babysitter...sheesh poor sad selfish man.
 greyingred
Msg: 53 (view)

Which Australian man, and Australian woman, would you like to invite to dinner ?
Posted: 2/9/2013 10:14:41 PM
I saved Paris for my honeymoon.....so not been there yet.,,which is very remiss of me and even more remis of fantasy husband. Sheesh they don't make personal fantasies like they used to! If we went to Paris I would not be at the dining table, I would be drinking in as much art as possible at the Louvre and eating some fantastic architecture with the Arc de Triumph being a mere hors d'oeuvres because some greedy sod has already taken a big bite right out of the middle and for once we can't blame the Germans! I chose Amsterdam because when I was last there I saw non of its art but did see amazing architecture through a thick haze of ignorant teenage partycrap...but obviously not such a good party cos I still remember most of it. Har har seems if I get invited to dinner I eff orf to the local art gallery....still at least whoever picks up the tab will be pleased at my non existent appetite. Not into USA but would dearly love to have dinner in the Guggenheim as long as I can eat on the run. But most of all Venice, I loved stinky, mozzy ridden Venice with it's glass and lace and art and secret squares and bar snacks of Mediterranean seafood. So Venice it is and this time because I couldn't afford anything but a pensiona and cheap cafes last time, I want to go on a 6 course silver service picnic on a gondola.

Paul McDermott.....he can sing too.
 greyingred

Controversial HR/AD Bill before the Senate Committee
Posted: 2/9/2013 6:20:34 AM
^^^fair enough. Just realised cos I was not really concentrating (aren't you glad I didn't study law when offered a place?) that it is the applicant to adduce not the accused. Makes a heap of difference...I think..but then I am spam therefore I am...not qualified for this thread.
 greyingred
Msg: 20 (view)

Controversial HR/AD Bill before the Senate Committee
Posted: 2/9/2013 2:48:26 AM
" the applicant:
adduces evidence from which the court could decide, in the absence of any
other explanation, that the alleged reason or purpose is the reason or purpose
(or one of the reasons or purposes) why or for which the other person
engaged, or proposed to engage, in the conduct; "

in my interpretation means that the applicant has to provide evidence, which seems like a fair and standard procedure in any legal or arbitration system.

Not looked anything up just going with the flow......whilst I agree with Bella there is a nagging doubt. I am not sure if by remaining silent one is assumed to be guilty in this country. Because what it is also in effect saying is that if you cannot provide any evidence you are assumed guilty of the offense...or rather "The court COULD decide" which then firmly puts the case in what could plausibly be a corrupt individual if the court is a Judge or jury of so called laughable peers. Doesn't bode well for accused cos not all are guilty and by lack of evidence, especially if not guilty and their only evidence is being at home on their own watching telly? I do know through experience that interpretation of the law is 9/10th devious applications of loop holes and precidents.
 greyingred
Msg: 50 (view)

Which Australian man, and Australian woman, would you like to invite to dinner ?
Posted: 2/9/2013 2:20:12 AM
Dinner with a fake Frog aussie and a real tango ginger.....???!!!....Why the hell not??!! Well apart from geography and the fact that I'd make a reluctant possibly bad tempered circus clown. You know one way for comfort would be to meet in an internet cafe and communicate as normal....which in my case means, a cafe where they let one drink copious amounts of tea and chain smoke. So Amsterdam it is then? Amsterdam, Australia they both begin with A, that's my geography test for the week failed....I do admire consistency don't you? Though am concerned as being naturalised I am not a true blue aussie by any stretch of the imagination so inviting me just might get your post deleted by being off topic.
 greyingred
Msg: 46 (view)

Posted: 2/7/2013 12:37:39 AM
Suggest someone is stalking Germain Greer on POF forums...dang her secret is out now, must be so ugly in real life eh?

Paul Keating, anyone who describes debating with John Howard as being flogged with a limp lettuce leaf is well worth it. Maybe Brett Whitely (sober though) because his paintings reveal quite a brave and deep thinker despite his failings, in fact quite a lot of artists. Ita Buttrose...have no idea why because we are very different but I admire her balls and timeless elegance. Adam Hills, to ask him to divorce his wife and become my personal anti depressant and Jim Jeffries for his brilliant Un PC humour.....making my cry with laughter about his take on sex and the c@nt, (look it up on Youtube)and watching my terribly straight, PC feminist friends in shock was priceless, absolutely priceless, especially when some of them still don't get what he is doing....so much for intelligent broadmindedness....and last but not least Steve Irwin to see if he really doesn't have an off switch...(well yes he does now RIP).

Rose Porteous-Hancock to find out if it was worth it!!
Met her twice, she was screaming from the driveway up to my first floor flat cos my brother was late for work.....larvely woman NOT! She only employed young, pretty visa boys and from what I could see all they did was move a lot of new furniture in and move a lot out to the dump. I still have a coffee table she threw out...more money than sense and no taste at all....well the table is nice, jarrah and solid but....yuck very rude woman who was utterly dumbfounded when I told her politely not to shout as she was disturbing the neighbours and I walked back up the stairs and shut the front door. She learnt lol.
 greyingred

relocation .
Posted: 2/7/2013 12:20:16 AM
Dang OP I envy your position, still have two teens at home...sigh not long now. Have a few friends who now have no fixed abode and travel Aus etc., visiting family as blow ins or celebration times. In my fantasy world I would do that, in reality even after the last two have left, within 10 years I will be a grandparent and have to say I would like to be around to see them grow up and help with babysitting and laughing my head off at karma biting my kids back as theirs' give them hell. I am a migrant so in some ways things are different as we have no other family here. Suggest that maybe a half way house between the two families might be the go. Still like the idea of walkabout though. Do they do four wheel zimmer frames and do they come in pink complete with ashtray and wine glass holder?
 greyingred
Msg: 76 (view)

Germaine would be so proud.
Posted: 2/3/2013 1:53:55 AM
a) are you are suggesting men can have no role in the discussion of female oppression b) are you claiming you have some authority to define the male experience?

a) nope. Will add cos obviously the acid has kicked in after the rohipnol wore off. that is the right of every woman (or man) to have a baby (even though he hasn't got a uterus) etc etc. b) nope, just opinionated personal view, gross generalisations and when god created man, she was only joking
you don't see too mny pretty females complaining about the inherent sexism of society.

Yes you do and in my youth I was one of them. more to the point was one of the pretty young ones dancing on stage with alternative career being P.A. Would infuriate me that because I was small and attractive that certain males would automatically dismiss me as 'airhead female'. I have just realised this never happened in theatre but always in office, 'proper' business. There were no grounds for the assumption because it would be their first reaction upon first meeting, therefore my (opinionated) deduction was since it was in public working sphere, that they were a combination of one or all, a) chauvenist b) insecure c) dangerous (as in not good for my career if rubbed up the wrong way...i.e. point out what they are doing wrong). You learn to pick your battles and when the battle is your boss and potential income robber....hey thank god for Unions and feminism, eventually it should be less of an issue except during the adolescent years when hormones win the battle over reason for both genders. I have got office jobs merely because of the way I looked and took it anyway upping the salary with success due to their unconscious fantasy/guilt but was always wary of those bosses and only once almost came a cropper. Now one could argue quite successfully that this is what happens in the male career sphere anyway but being female puts you one gender rung below in the first place.

How many feminists does it take to change the lightbulb? None, that is what men are for. snicker snicker.
 greyingred
Msg: 60 (view)

Posted: 1/31/2013 6:43:42 AM
Why do you take such offense at this, raising it's ugly (to you) head?

Because this issue is almost entirely gender specific to women and most men have absolutely no direct experience of the dibilitating and humiliating lifelong consequences of appearance mattering more than substance within the public sphere. Due to enculturation it is perfectly acceptable for men to denegrate a woman because she does not fit the archetypal ideal body and face (try dealing with the open disgust and stares because you have decided not to shave your legs for a couple of weeks and shock upon shock it is too hot to wear anything but shorts...meh I don't give a monkeys but the disapproval on men's and (sadly) women's faces can make some women feel terrible. Why oh why, it is natural pelt, 2 years ago I grew and dyed my armpit hair purple and pink...bloody hysterical seeing strangers faces). Try denegrating a man on his visage as a powerplay of specious one-up-manship and it has very little effect because it is more important who he is and what he does. It is like racism...no not like, it is racism or genderism and yes it does make me see red. The only group of men I can think of who would also have similar experiences are homosexuals. One of the sexist men in movies is Gerard Depardieu, oh what a nose lol. I cannot think of one woman in the movies who takes leading romantic roles whose face is not some generic infantilisation of womanhood. Yes I get the point that in general women's features are smaller and neater than men but seriously?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yes got one, Barbara Streisand but actually she is an attractive woman, outside the norm of babyfaced airheads and what a nose.Why do I keep thinking of Asterix and Cleopatra when talking about noses?

As for weight, I weigh enough not to float out into outerspace unless of course you care toshare the bottle of red..which I no longer drink....sigh.....the joys of being beyond my prime. Over and out, yours insincerely Miss Jean Brodie.
 greyingred
Msg: 59 (view)

Posted: 1/31/2013 4:28:09 AM

-and I know some may come after me for posting to this, but Natasha Stott Despoja was pretty damn hot, and if I remember correctly -- she fought to have the GST removed from Tampons <--- on topic for the win...

Yup, you won the entire thread with that one and made me laugh (thanks) after a long day in a hot shed painting things that will ultimately get put back into theatre storage to be repainted.....a bit like some of the plastic women and men that seems to be de rigour nowadays.

Still gripe about GST on tampons...maybe we should all bleed on Parliament steps complaining about red tape and blue string.
 greyingred
Msg: 53 (view)

Posted: 1/30/2013 3:11:03 AM
forgot to take my rohipnol today.....^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^female beauty versus brains stinking attitude is precisely why the rest of the human race is waiting for the last of the dinosaurs to die, shame there are so many younguns still about. Is that why Murdoch was so high up in his chosen career cos he had a face like a sack full of hammers..is that why Johnny Depp is so high up in his chosen career because he is beautiful? Nope methinks it is despite the triviality of physical appearance because they were good at what they did and worked hard and within reason it didn't matter what they looked like...women however have still to jump this judgement-by-appearance hurdle not only within their own careers but it seems for every male that they encounter. Think I am going to take my tampons and shove them in chauvenist stupid eyes, then we can both see red. And if you expected something more erudite (*@&*$&(*@&$(Q no effing point. Always thought Germaine was quite a leggy looker..but then I am not shallow.
 greyingred
Msg: 49 (view)

Posted: 1/29/2013 10:02:53 PM
I am as scarey as a grizzly bear on rohipnol and acid during hibernation...tis all bluff and bluster..though still makes me laugh..once asked for a knife and ex (brilliantly funny man) said "use your tongue it's sharp enough"....meoooowwww.

Lol re faceplanting, I knew what you meant by drop to death....have broken nose several times, a collar bone and a few fingers...shoulda done rugby, might have had less injuries and the men are hunky and strong. Drop to death was a major trust issue, especially since sadly a fair proportion of partners were gay and I couldn't play the please protect me card. And yes my bum did look big in a tutu.

Glad you sorted out my tongue in cheek...sadly having lost suppleness the cheek is now facial....oh that sounds sooooo wrong but meh!

Geez Red, take your teeth out of the glass,
argh you left the door wide open....have heard tis better without teeth when contemplating sucking. only a few more to go and I can give nirvana.
Swannie....how I love ya, how I love ya, my dear old Swannie.

Tampons..feminism.....do wot? that covers the topic eh?
 greyingred
Msg: 12 (view)

takes two to tango
Posted: 1/29/2013 8:29:51 PM

in that case i disagree, there are only 10 types of people.
those who understand binary and those who do not !

classic.

No comment cos I am still trying not to lead and prove I cannot tango....can however do a pretty mean polka all on my own...it's easy one just has to join the dots.
 greyingred
Msg: 11 (view)

takes two to tango
Posted: 1/29/2013 8:29:42 PM

in that case i disagree, there are only 10 types of people.
those who understand binary and those who do not !

classic.

No comment cos I am still trying not to lead and prove I cannot tango....can however do a pretty mean polka all on my own...it's easy one just has to join the dots.
 greyingred
Msg: 44 (view)

Posted: 1/29/2013 8:06:10 PM
Food for thought? well you think about it because I am off to suit up in my flack jacket and Kevlar helmet for the fairly severe barrage that I'm sure will be headed my way. OMG, "Incoming!!!"
lol pmsl roflmao and all the other wonderful text speak some others hate so much.
I would be the last person in the world to claim this and in fact believe most men haven't a clue how to act in the "new society" post feminism and certainly are not natural leaders.

Sad, but sorry blokes, it's true! What's more...

and at the risk or careering off topic, most women don't understand what is going on either.

concur.
That's what happens in relationships, if you don't learn how to lead, she will take on that role, then she will start to look around, because it is not a role she is comfortable with, (unconsciously) next minute you are dumped for someone she deems will take on the role as her hunter, or leader and she won't tell you why (she can't because the reason is in her UN-conscious mind) but the real reason is, you were not man enough for her.

Unless of course the woman is a Dominatrix. Been an independant thinker and doer far too long to bow down to bad ideas and lifestyle choices just because my partner is a man and likes to wear the trousers. However truth be told ask any hetro woman in a long term relationship and they all say sometimes it is easier to stroke the ego and provided the consequences are not to drastic let the man have his way. Am reminded of an old saying..the way to a mans heart is to keep his stomach full and his balls empty and if you can't cook he is sure to enjoy the extra alternative attention.

Am further reminded of the old adage of teaching granddad to suck tampons when dealing with this perennial debate....but being old I could have got it muddled....roll on menopause and cronedom!
 greyingred
Msg: 36 (view)

Posted: 1/28/2013 11:45:13 PM
Are they so good? so... why are you still here?

Because I enjoy gasbagging, giving biased opinions etc etc. I am only on the forums.

Broad sweeping generalizations mixing dancing with leadership at a serious level of discussion...
wow... just wow...

nope not really. You need the extrapolating bit plus imagination and then it all makes sense if you can see past perceived serious level of discussion of sucking used tampons and statements about man as 'natural' leader in all hetro relationships. Not that it really matters but I was a professional dancer so not modesty just fact when I say I can dance, can't play sport for nuts but I could and still do dance better than your average kind of human and I lay bets better than y88.

Some things are irrefutable.
I refer you to
Broad sweeping generalizations

wow... just wow...

lol fun isn't it?
 greyingred

Posted: 1/22/2013 11:50:01 PM
I have gone through a lot of soul searching and research and come to the realization that real women want real men.

Men who can make decisions, men who have an opinion and are not afraid to air it.

Lastly, (and I think this will turn my pin up girl apoplectic) a man who can lead.

harumph! You serious? Welcome back the good old days. Actually I do understand what you are saying but barring the idealogical romance...where do I begin? The trouble with one leading with the presumptive air of being right is that they might not be right and they might be a crap leader...what then?

To use your metaphor of dancing literally, I have always found it difficult to be led, mainly because most men are crap dancers, severely inhibited with precious little imagination and bravery and I am trained in that field...so really with my experience, natural rhythm and talent I should be leading because I am damned good at it, in fact a natural born leader in dancing...now extrapolate that out to other aspects of life and things are so much better than they used to be for straight women.
 greyingred
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 1/21/2013 10:03:43 PM
I have a six foot mannequin in my hall leaning against a bookcase called Germaine. Why is she called that, "because it is pertinent, don't you think?"

Must admit that reading OP's take on femininsim as some sort of futile and illogical battle to mutate oestrogen to testosterone had me wondering if Germaine's point had been entirely missed yet again. This is not about the body per se but about enculturation on so many different levels it is hard to extrapolate out just how limiting certain thoughts and practices are. Having said that Germaine herself admits that her first book was a strident somewhat biased stance of an angry young woman that she would never write now.
 greyingred
Msg: 11 (view)

Pet pics but no pets..... Why?!
Posted: 1/13/2013 9:50:08 PM

if the man has been living on his own and owns a Jack Russel

Your mum is not a man. Sorry to hear she is sick, glad she has companionship. Still think certain dogs should be kicked up the backside to make very warm slippers (wink wink). The multitude of most subspecies is manmade and certain characteristics are selected for good reason. Jacks were bred to be ratters, rats are vicious when cornered...quid pro quo.
 greyingred
Msg: 8 (view)

Pet pics but no pets..... Why?!
Posted: 1/13/2013 6:19:25 PM
have a little rule, if the man has been living on his own and owns a Jack Russel....RUN LIKE THE WIND. And now I presume I will get a lot of irate messages from Jack Russel lovers...which is why I ran like the wind in the first place...like dog like owner, nasty small, snappy, yappy, shortman syndrome dogs lol.
 greyingred
Msg: 15 (view)

Why do guys post pictures of themselves consuming alcohol?
Posted: 1/13/2013 6:12:07 PM
No problems with it myself, as an ex theatre gal I did more waitressing than acting. Just some women might have different ideas and I have a a slightly wicked sense of humour.
 greyingred
Msg: 13 (view)

Posted: 1/13/2013 6:51:46 AM
And for the record I was holding that bottle of Hennessy not drinking it. LOL

hmm you sure about that, could suggest you are a waiter or work in a posh bottlo lol.
 greyingred
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 1/13/2013 2:36:50 AM
So i have two profiles .... think of me what you will .... sigh

Far do's, made me laugh. Hope the table is not a pedestal base, tends to get a bit rocky. Suggest kitchen bench is higher to compensate for ultra short cuteness. The only reason I am sighing is because there is no comparison 2nd profile.

Think a pic of my 50th bday backstage with me 'cutting' the cake might not be the best profile pic then? Unless one is a messy tampanyaki chef

have friend on here whose pic is drinking a glass of red, one eyebrow slightly raised. Could wax lyrical about certain psychological indicators but meh and some of them might be projections.. because one never knows. Never see anyone drinking a cup of tea....and would I even consider dating them even though I drink it by the bucket?
 greyingred
Msg: 256 (view)

How much does your vehicle say about you?
Posted: 1/11/2013 10:22:32 PM
I miss the old luxury cars which were over-engineered... they were solid and beautiful.

Have to agree. If I had my dream car it is between Jags and Bentleys. Daimler Jag being my chocolate...thinking about it I didn't even pay chocolate for that one. Given to brother and I to do up, he did the work, I provided the cash. Trouble is despite the luxurious ride Daimlers are notoriously high maintenance with frequent breakdowns. Which is why I have never driven one, that's my story and I am sticking to it ;-)

.Stick man has "position vacant" where the man is supposed to be.

Have visions of some more creative individuals putting stickmen in graves, axes through heads etc. In my case I would use those three or four horizontal parallel lines indicating VAMOOOSE. Imagine if one had to be honest...some people would have to put spouse, children, lover(s), secret children, blowup dolls, vibrators....oh the list is endless. So what would yous lot have to put up as a genuine love and commitment that is not traditional. Think a lot of people would also have a stick car.
 greyingred
Msg: 39 (view)

Scenario
Posted: 1/10/2013 12:06:23 AM

still, duplicating a previous post is kinda like lining up at the patent office with a wheel in your hand.
Not possible for moi, cannot seem to post new threads. Must've been a bad girl but not bad enough to banned eh?
 greyingred
Msg: 37 (view)

Scenario
Posted: 1/9/2013 8:47:16 PM

All the interesting people were banned as they stimulated conversation and free thought.

They are currently on trial under the "Law of Political Correctness." We don't expect to ever see them again.

For once I agree. Boring as batsh*t and as depressing as discussing nuclear war.
 greyingred
Msg: 3 (view)

Foxes under my house. What to do?
Posted: 1/8/2013 10:09:59 PM
^^^LOL I tend to agree with your stance on taking it easy on foxes. Unfortunately this is not Europe etc and foxes are an introduced species and a genuine pest. So sadly they have to go.

Have no idea OP how to deal with this. Suggest you phone up local pest control peeps.
 greyingred
Msg: 246 (view)

Posted: 12/30/2012 5:57:10 AM
My car is a small yellow one 6 years old I bought about a year ago. About me it has little to say other than not caring about possessions/status
......hmmm have I done the quoty thing right????????? Due to having wonderfully boring sensible friends in things like insurance....yellow is the colour that never sells well...so hope you got it at bargain price, which in statistical theory you should have done. However...and lol have to re boot `````````of pof page to look at direct message cos am slack arse and just hit the last message to repost......contrarian?????????
```okay fine, good use of language that is still vernacularily (yeah f*ck orf I just did a shakespearean invention...be impressed cos I is 400 years outa date and we still communicate) impressive but nope cliches are that for a reason....we just keep using them no matter how out of date. As for Julie bum, come clown com rodeo rider or whatever you do doo di doo doo.........what do I say except......enjoy the floods of brisbaine...shame I cannnot top it eh? (only noted 3 nnns then ubut meh...make me a brilliant sandwich but lousy editor ....and NOW for something completely different! Nope yous lot of the the lot that get this...this is the bit when I say.."did I say that out loud?......Sh******t!"
 greyingred
Msg: 244 (view)

Posted: 12/30/2012 4:17:46 AM
seem to remember describing the neat pubic triangle of a young woman at the age of 50 and dodecahedron came to mind.AND how now to get this back to cars????????????????????????????? Nah I don't do maths and cannot wax lyrical cos it hurts too much and what is the point when one is only driving A to B....who has the time to notice the lack of hirsuit tailorism? And if you have you is doing the wrong person.
 greyingred
Msg: 241 (view)

Posted: 12/29/2012 10:41:22 PM
I thought the subject was cars.

It is. Was just saying hello to someone else in an obtuse way. Lovely word 'obtuse' don't you think?

somewhat beaten up, fine in dry and skittish in the rain?

Nice one.

What goes around comes around, I try to give as much as I can putting people together who have things to give or they need something and most on a bargain basis or at least minimal cash. Latest scores were a washing machine for young houseshare group, bicycles for a whole young family, room to rent for older man and in return on an ad hoc basis..some 4 months ago I drive past a folded up large paddling pool on the verge which turns out to be 15ft diameter and in perfect nick complete with cover. My car cost me a bar of chocolate and painting an entire house for a much loved friend in need (this was at least 6 months before and I did it for free with no ulterior motive. The car was her daughter's who wanted an automatic and it is worth possibly 1,000)....so in cash terms of traditional work I think I paid about $2,000 over the odds...however am a quick, efficient house painter so if I was being honest and not a genuine tradie stretching the hours and material costs etc, probably paid around 1,000 over the odds.......how obtuse is that? My car when it is back on the road says I am small but sensible, look good for my age with only a couple of dings and chipped paint, my tyres are shiny and solid and grip on most surfaces and being a hatchback I can carry surprisingly heavy odd shaped loads with ease and a touch of comedy when transporting a 15ft pot plant down the freeway and I miss my van sooooooooooooo much.
 greyingred
Msg: 231 (view)

Posted: 12/26/2012 3:54:30 PM
Underneath a lot of judgemental people is a level of insecurity that goes so deep that anything anyone else possesses that they do not have themselves nor even want, immediately gets festooned (in keeping with xmas season) with psuedo psycho babble negative bull. I used to own a wonderful car that went well, looked good and actually moved with carlike speed when you put down the accelerator...dang didn't realise how sad I was...boo hoo. Farewell pretty car of yesteryear.

After the deserved police yellow sticker execution of Dirty Gerty, Mitsubishi L300 1986 van that I bought for friendship and swapsies...yeah I am happy again phew!....and the new car, Attilla the Non-Van, bought for chocolate....even more happy must be careful not to get manic......also executed by the yellow sticker brigade (not deserved)...think I would adore a a brand new car...it might even make me a little happy. Have to say though WAAAAAAH....I want another van/combi too. Have never understood the logic of having to pay cash for upkeep when the vehicle can't fit more than 4 people, two sacrificial goats and a bed...which is of course the only way to allieviate the sadness incurred when I get a brand new van/combi...sigh all I got for Xmas was the borrowing of friend's car to ferry kids around.

Must say though owning cars older than my children has been a marvelous learning curve including putting in gear box last year, poor Attilla, almost ready to go over pits. Now I understand why my brothers used to curse so much.

Appears someone has emmigrated...welcome to this country unless you came by boat lol.
 greyingred
Msg: 12 (view)

Christmas Eve day today
Posted: 12/24/2012 9:42:17 PM
Marry Xmas Megan. I cannot email you because you have limited contact to non smokers only lol. Story of my life.

Apparently one of my presents from a boom shanky friend is his conviction that he can get me to give up smoking in three days flat. SO come Jan 2nd....day one...,.if I rip all POFies heads off yous lot will understand why. If by day 3 I am still alive or more to the point he is still alive and the only thing smoking is my personality, I will pass on the info. Don't hold your breath though.

Xmas day.....Woken up by Son No. 1 presenting me with a cup of tea and his freshly cooked french berry tart (keep your minds clean)...I am blessed. Now to go to another Chefs house and have Turducken amongst other wonderful goodies....Heston has a lot to answer for.
 greyingred
Msg: 8 (view)

Christmas Eve day today
Posted: 12/24/2012 6:36:52 AM
Going to an Orphan's Xmas. Used to be held at my home for years with sometimes over 20 people excluding kids. This year I get to go to someone else's, with airconditioning...luxury, no cooking and no washing up, think I will be the only one with children still underage. Am really looking forward to it.

As for passionpop.....drank too much last night, feel ill, will be drinking milk tomorrow.
 greyingred
Msg: 10 (view)

Storing of your contributions to the interwebz
Posted: 12/23/2012 3:58:04 PM

Holy Crap, I have two (2) teenage boys -- just how much porn will they store for 2 years?

Dang we should charge for storage or at least a sneaky peek.

my work place breaches 100gig a month.

How cool is that? I only went on forums to just say 309580@(*&$&*@(&$*$(@&$*....christmas again....and of course storing my useless contribution on the INTERWEBZ.....cos by the time the Mayans get it together agin there will be defunct dating from apparently or course cos the world revolves around me...apparently of course....MY TIME OF......READY>>>>STEADY>>>>>>GO......NOW is the time...please send photos. x

PS if you think I have not slept and drunk too much......meh you have to be right sometimes......well done....save some for later.
 greyingred
Msg: 9 (view)

Aussie Christmas
Posted: 12/21/2012 4:15:27 AM
Xmas is cancelled due to lack of motivation. We are all just giving eachother cash (should equal out to zero) and conditional love (i.e. we owe eachother something).

Love the xmas carols.....in UK would cower in the corner of the house hoping they would go away. Now if yous lot came asinging, door open and tinnies and beernuts thrown in all directions.
 greyingred
Msg: 9 (view)

The World Has Ended
Posted: 12/21/2012 4:11:53 AM
Sod it, being a pom I am half way cut, nekkid in the garden (not quite nekkid covered in rid), fire going....it is the second rebirth after spring (lets excuse the fact that summer here is during Jan Feb) SUMMER SOLSTICE EVERYONE! Even if my dates are wrong. Dang wish I was at Danebury, or Stonehenge but my back garden will have to do. Mayans didn't predict the Celts.

Show ALL Forums