Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Horror movie lovers thread
 torgo70
Msg: 72 (view)

Horror movie lovers thread
Posted: 12/6/2013 6:26:47 AM

World War Z was a really good movie.....scary, creepy and suspenseful. Plus, they were life-life....yikes! I was never into zombie movies but well, Brad Pitt was in this movie.....so I changed my mind :)

Once I got passed the fact that it was absolutely nothing like the book, I ended up enjoying it more than I thought I would.
 torgo70
Msg: 71 (view)

Posted: 12/6/2013 6:24:28 AM

I can't believe nobody else has mentioned BURNT OFFERINGS

Is it really that obscure ????

Not obscure, just sadly underseen. It's an excellent film. I don't know anyone who saw it as a kid for the first time who wasn't terrified by the chauffeur.
 torgo70
Msg: 63 (view)

Posted: 12/5/2013 12:53:16 PM
Horror is my favorite genre. I love everything from the Universal classics to Z-grade schlock, Hammer films, ghost films, slashers, Italian gore, Giallo, zombie flicks, killer kids, killer animals, Asian horror, super low budget shot on video from the 80's, supernatural. Creepy and atmospheric to over the top gore, and some extreme. Downbeat horror to splatstick horror comedies.

Some of my all time favorites- Dawn Of The Dead '78, Bride Of Frankenstein, An American Werewolf In London, The Changeling, Ringu, ReAnimator, Phantasm, Peeping Tom, Spider Baby, The House Of The Devil, Day Of The Dead '85, Rosemary's Baby, Fright Night '86, The Pit, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre '74, The Evil Dead '81, Evil Dead II....

I don't get scared/creeped out often, so when it happens it's a bonus. Some of the films that worked for me-

Ringu
Session 9
The Changeling
The Exorcist
The Exorcist III
The Blair Witch Project
V/H/S
The Conjuring
The Innkeepers
Dead Birds
Lovely Molly
Lake Mungo
Black Christmas '74

As a kid the 3 films that terrified me the most-

Salem's Lot (I still think these are the scariest vampires. Danny Glick at the window!)
Beyond The Door (Italian rip off of The Exorcist with Juliet Mills)
Race With The Devil (whenever it was on TV I would watch and that ending never failed)

Some ghost/haunted house/supernatural movies that I think are underrated that I enjoy- Let's Scare Jessica To Death, The Nesting, The Forgotten One, The Hearse, Wind Chill, Eyes Of Fire, Hausu, The Other (not to be confused with The Others)
 torgo70
Msg: 56 (view)

Posted: 12/5/2013 6:32:34 AM

I like the "Saw" movies. Texas Chainsaw Massacre scares the crap out of me because it's a true story. To this day, I have an incredibly irrational fear of chainsaws.

Except that it's not a true story, at least as far as a family of chainsaw wielding cannibals living in Texas goes. It was inspired by Ed Gein. Tobe Hooper as a child had cousins who lived in Gein's home state of Wisconsin and they would terrify Tobe with stories about Gein. Hooper got the idea for the chainsaw while standing in line at a hardware store.
 torgo70
Msg: 4 (view)

What is this old movie?
Posted: 3/14/2013 2:12:27 PM
Have you tried posting in the I Need To Know board over on IMDB

There's rarely a movie there that someone isn't able to locate.
 torgo70
Msg: 22 (view)

Favorite documentary?
Posted: 2/7/2013 6:16:17 AM
Film themed docus:

American Movie
The Best Worst Movie (about Troll 2)
Demon Lover Diary (about the making of the 1977 low budget flick The Demon Lover, better than the movie itself)
Not Quite Hollywood: The Wild, Untold Story of Ozploitation!
Machete Maidens Unleashed!
American Grindhouse
Spine Tingler! The William Castle Story
This Film Is Not Yet Rated
Reel Injun (about the portrayal of Native Americans in film)
Blood, Boobs & Beast (about B movie director Don Dohler)
The People VS George Lucas
Trekkies

Artist themed:

Crumb
Frazetta: Painting with Fire

Others:

Vernon, Florida
Gates of Heaven
Grey Gardens
The Century Plaza
Brother's Keeper
Super Size Me
 torgo70
Msg: 54 (view)

horror films, what are the best?
Posted: 11/15/2012 8:23:57 AM
Re Animator is excellent! From the same filmmakers and also loosely based on Lovecraft is From Beyond. Since I'm mentioning Lovecraft- Dagon, The Resurrected, The Unnamable I and II, Castle Freak, Island Of The Fishmen.

The closest Lovecraft adaptation I've seen is The Call of Cthulhu (2005), shot as a silent movie set back in the time when the story was published.

And a great horror comedy inspired by Lovecraft is The Last Lovecraft: Relic of Cthulhu.
 torgo70
Msg: 13 (view)

My rear vision mirror fell off. Lol.
Posted: 11/14/2012 6:20:05 AM
Mine fell off a few months ago, I don't remember what the kit was called but it was a rearview mirror kit I bought for about $5. Came with the special glue, and stuff to clean off the old glue residue. It's on there solid.

EDIT: This is what I used- Permatex 81844 Professional Strength Rearview Mirror Adhesive
 torgo70
Msg: 51 (view)

Posted: 11/12/2012 6:06:34 AM

I need to see the hell raiser series i was too scared to watch em when i was a kid

I highly recommend the first 2, the ones that came after watch at your own risk(especially the most recent one, wow that was bad, and I love bad horror movies.)
 torgo70
Msg: 50 (view)

Posted: 11/12/2012 5:54:48 AM

What!...all the 'loose' slutty teen girls and bad boys don't die while the solitary 'good girl' doesn't make it out alive? That in itself would be shocking.

Any slut, meany to animals, bullies, jocks, etc...are doomed to suffer a gruesome death.

Those are mainly slashers that use those character stereotypes, horror as a whole tends to not go by those character death rules.
 torgo70
Msg: 45 (view)

Posted: 11/7/2012 6:36:29 AM

I would love to see someone do the slow build horror of the 80's and 90's without redoing (and messing up) classics.

You might want to give House Of The Devil a try, it's set in the early 80's and has a nice slow build.
 torgo70
Msg: 44 (view)

Posted: 11/7/2012 6:22:20 AM

One example is a vampire movie I LOVE, it is called Stakeland. IT is a low budget vampire apolcalypse movie that has good character development and it is tragic as many of the characters you love, don't make it through the end of the movie. The Walking Dead is a series where I love many of the characters.

Bought this on Blu Ray, one of the best vampire films of the past few years. The director Jim Mickle, and co writer/star Nick Damici previously collaborated on the underrated horror flick Mulberry Street.
 torgo70
Msg: 43 (view)

Posted: 11/7/2012 6:15:53 AM

Recently watched House of the Devil during Halloween week and enjoyed it. I've had my fill of the gore fests so something that felt creepy was nice for a change.

Excellent film. Check out The Innkeepers, it's from the same writer/director as House Of The Devil.
 torgo70
Msg: 19 (view)

The 'physics' or horror movies
Posted: 11/2/2012 9:47:19 AM
Love zombie films from all decades going all the way back to the 30's and 40's with films like White Zombie and I Walked With A Zombie. My all time favorite living dead movie is the original Dawn Of The Dead.

One thing I've always wondered though, in the films where the dead are eating the living, how come we don't see the undead walking around with bloated stomachs?
 torgo70
Msg: 36 (view)

Posted: 10/16/2012 6:34:58 AM
Some of the B&W classics I love:

Dead Of Night '45
The Uninvited '44
The Body Snatcher
Cat People
I Walked With A Zombie
Isle Of The Dead
Frankenstein
Bride Of Frankenstein
Vampyr
Nosferatu (and the remake from the 70's with Klaus Kinski is excellent)
The Old Dark House

Hammer Horror which I remember their films always airing on Saturday afternoons after all of the cartoons:

Curse Of Frankenstein(and the sequels)
Horror Of Dracula(and the sequels)
The Curse Of The Werewolf
Night Creatures
Nightmare
The Nanny (Underrated Bette Davis performance)
Five Million Years To Earth
Die! Die! My Darling
The Devil Rides Out
The Vampire Lovers
Twins Of Evil
Captain Kronos - Vampire Hunter

And when Hammer Studios meets Shaw Bros Martial Arts:

The Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires

We never had a local horror host , though we did have a car dealership owner who would introduce movies on weekday afternoons, they aired quite a few horror films like The Shuttered Rooms (with Oliver Reed and Carol Lynley)
I did watch Elvira back in the 80's, and does anyone remember Commander USA's Groovie Movies? It aired on USA Network, yes there was a time when USA actually aired non-Steven Seagal movies. It aired on weekends, and they showed a lot of lesser known horror flicks like The Children '80, Devil Times Five, and Blood Song with Frankie Avalon.
 torgo70
Msg: 17 (view)

Ladies I hate to tell you Dolphins are not fish lol
Posted: 10/14/2012 9:44:20 AM
So long and thanks for all the fish
So sad that it should come to this
We tried to warn you all but oh dear?

You may not share our intellect
Which might explain your disrespect
For all the natural wonders that
grow around you

So long, so long and thanks
for all the fish

The world's about to be destroyed
There's no point getting all annoyed
Lie back and let the planet dissolve(around you)

Despite those nets of tuna fleets
We thought that most of you were sweet
Especially tiny tots and your
pregnant women

So long, so long, so long, so long, so long

So long, so long and thanks
for all the fish

If I had just one last wish
I would like a tasty fish
If we could just change one thing
We would all learn how to sing

Come one and all
Man and Mammal
Side by Side in life's great gene pool

(oooohhh oooohhh oooaahhhhh- ah ahh)

So long, so long and, !Thanks!
for all the fish!
 torgo70
Msg: 32 (view)

Posted: 10/11/2012 6:21:07 AM

The really bad ones. One's so campy and low budget that instead of being horror films, they are actually funny.

Film's like Ed Wood's Plan 9 from Outer Space come to mind.

Now you're talking my language. Of course there are those horror films that are just bad, bad bad, no entertainment value: Night Of Horror, The Brainsucker, Boogeyman II '83, Backwoods '01, Freeway Maniac, I Spit On Your Grave 2 aka Savage Vengeance(so bad Camille Keaton who was also the star of the original refuses to talk about this sequel at conventions).

Some of my favorite, so bad they're good and or cheesy horror flicks:

Manos The Hands Of Fate
Invasion Of The Blood Farmers
Redneck Zombies
The Video Dead
Don't Go In The Woods
Drive-In Massacre
Slithis
I Eat Your Skin
The Undertaker And His Pals
Microwave Massacre
Sledgehammer
Things '89
The Killer Shrews (Return of the Killer Shrews in production now)
Troll 2
The Howling III
Monster Dog
Blood Hook
Blades
Pieces
Horror House On Highway 5
Attack Of The Beast Creatures
The films of Herschel Gordon Lewis (especially Blood Feast, Two Thousand Maniacs, and The Wizard Of Gore)
The Dead Next Door
Long Island Cannibal Massacre
Criminally Insane (remake in production)
Burial Ground
Hell Of The Living Dead
The Chooper aka Blood Shack
Basket Case
Frankenhooker
Brain Damage
I Was A Teenage Zombie
Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers
Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama (beware the horrendous sequel Sorority Babes in the Dance-A-Thon of Death )
The Corpse Grinders
Night Of The Demon '80 (Bigfoot goes on gory rampage)
The Children '80 (aka The Children Of Ravensback)
Luther The Geek
Beware! Children At Play
Slugs
Splatter University
Rabid Grannies
Flesh Eating Mothers
Killing Spree
The Last Slumber Party
They Don't Cut The Grass Anymore
Satan's Cheerleaders
Cheerleader Camp
Without Warning '80
The Nostril Picker
Shreck '90 (no, not the movie with the talking donkey)
Killer Klowns From Outer Space
 torgo70
Msg: 12 (view)

The gunk in used books
Posted: 10/10/2012 6:59:36 AM
It's just nice to see people still reading real books.
 torgo70
Msg: 27 (view)

Posted: 10/7/2012 6:49:25 AM

You should listen to the commentaries on those. It's pretty cool and creepy how Wes Craven got the idea's for the film. Actually one of my old professors worked as a associate producer on that film, she said no one that Depp would be a star they thought the other guy would be.

I like all of them they all belong in the universe even the cheesy ones and tv. show.

I especially like New Nightmare, I enjoy it as much as the original.
 torgo70
Msg: 26 (view)

Posted: 10/7/2012 6:47:53 AM

5 and 6(I know everyone hates this one) I kinda like it Mike was pissed in that one. Night of the demons 2 is okay and the third was bad(not even so bad it good bad, but sucks bad)

I don't count Creepshow 3, because none of the people involved with the other had anything to do with it, I think some dudes just made some kid of student film and attached the name Creepshow to it. the production value sucked.

I do like parts 5 and 6(Producer's Cut)

I should have known better on Creepshow III, afterall it's from the same people that made Day Of The Dead 2: Contagium
 torgo70
Msg: 22 (view)

Posted: 10/6/2012 11:13:06 AM
No, blasphemy would be if I said Zombie's version of Halloween was better than Carpenter's. haha Don't get me wrong, I love Carpenter's film, also love parts 2, 3, and 4.

Night Of The Demons is great, the remake is horrendous. Night Of The Demons 2 was decent, haven't seen the 3rd.

Love Creepshow 1 and 2...part 3 on the other hand? Wow, that was bad.
 torgo70
Msg: 20 (view)

Posted: 10/5/2012 5:50:01 AM
I just recently rewatched The Stepford Wives. Great movie.

One of my newer Halloween horror viewing traditions is the excellent anthology Trick r Treat...I think it captures the Halloween spirit(even more so than Carpenter's Halloween)
 torgo70
Msg: 81 (view)

How did you choose your screen name?
Posted: 9/28/2012 5:59:03 AM
I'm a huge horror fan, love cheesy horror flicks, also a huge fan of Mystery Science Theater 3000. Torgo is the name of a character from the late 60's horror schlock classic "Manos - The Hands Of Fate", Manos is one of the films they viewed on MST3K.
 torgo70
Msg: 80 (view)

How did you choose your screen name?
Posted: 9/28/2012 5:56:16 AM

Mine is a former televsion series. I have a framed press-kit photo hanging on my office wall at work. It fits into my lifestyle so I went with that. The numbers are my DOB.

Love that show, it should have went on longer! Go Bruce!
 torgo70
Msg: 17 (view)

Halloween is uh comin :)
Posted: 9/27/2012 7:08:53 AM

I hate Halloween. HATE it. I don't respond well to blackmailing, and a lazy kid in a ridiculous costume threatening me if I don't hand out free candy so s/he can get even fatter rubs me the wrong way. You want candy? Work for it. Recite a poem, sing a song, perform some folk dance, whatever. But don't you blackmail me with your squirt gun, you little monster, unless you're prepared for an appropriate response...

I also dislike scary movies and detest grown-ups who dress up in ridiculous costumes. If Halloween got banned, I wouldn't miss it the least. It's a stupid day, designed to reward bad behavior in kids.

Someone needs a hug.
 torgo70
Msg: 15 (view)

Posted: 8/2/2012 5:55:10 AM
I love the Evil Dead trilogy, but I've never considered them zombie films.

Dead Alive is great, but only if it's the totally uncut version going by its original title Brain Dead.

My personal favorite zombie film is George Romero's Dawn Of The Dead, followed by Night Of The Living Dead.
 torgo70
Msg: 7 (view)

Troll 2!
Posted: 7/27/2012 4:03:57 PM
If you haven't yet, I highly recommend the Troll 2 documentary Best Worst Movie.

Troll 2 is hilariously bad, good stuff.
 torgo70
Msg: 14 (view)

Posted: 7/27/2012 3:21:10 PM
Some current ones I've enjoyed- Absentia, The House Of The Devil, The Dead, Husk, The Tunnel, Deadgirl, I Sell The Dead...

My favorite decade is the 70's....some of the non-usual suspects from back then:

Let's Scare Jessica To Death
Hausu aka House
Homebodies
The Baby
Rituals
Alice Sweet Alice
The Haunting Of Julia
Don't Deliver Us From Evil
Who Can Kill A Child?
The Other
The Last House On Dead End Street
Night Train Murders
Long Weekend
The Shout
I Drink Your Blood
Don't Look In The Basement
Private Parts '72
Terror At Red Wolf Inn

Vampires-

Martin
The Hunger
Vamp
The Fearless Vampire Killers
The Reflecting Skin
Valerie And Her Week Of Wonders
The Last Man On Earth
Cronos
Stake Land
Twins Of Evil
Lemora: A Child's Tale of the Supernatural
Satan's Black Wedding

Zombies-

The Child '77
Let Sleeping Corpses Lie
Nightmare City
Messiah Of Evil
Dead Of Night '74
Zombie Honeymoon
Dellamorte Dellamore
Fido
Pontypool
Dead & Buried
Doghouse
Shock Waves
Cemetery Of Terror
The Roost
The Grapes Of Death

Some of my favorite cheesy horror flicks-

Burial Ground
Redneck Zombies
Attack Of The Beast Creatures
The Video Dead
The Dead Next Door
The Last Slumber Party
Criminally Insane
Don't Go In The Woods
Two Thousand Maniacs
Basket Case
Hell Of The Living Dead
I Was A Teenage Zombie
The Undertaker And His Pals
Drive-In Massacre
Blood Diner
 torgo70
Msg: 13 (view)

Posted: 7/27/2012 2:35:39 PM
Colt,

We have similar tastes. Nice to see films like Pieces and Hide And Go Shriek mentioned.
 torgo70
Msg: 128 (view)

horror movies = red flag?
Posted: 7/18/2012 3:51:49 PM

Yeah, if watching (usually) beautiful young girls being made to suffer, raped, tortured, and murdered is what you enjoy; I just don't think we're gonna have much in common...at all, ever... Horrifying...

It's amazing how people that don't watch horror films think they know what all horror films contain.
 torgo70
Msg: 127 (view)

horror movies = red flag?
Posted: 7/18/2012 3:46:43 PM

Yes, definitely.
I could never be with a man who considers this entertainment.

Watching the gruesome dismembering of a human or sadistic torture of another is not entertainment. I can see some teenagers liking this tripe but adults? No way.

Typical ignorant comment from non-horror film watcher. Be careful when you're coming down off of your high horse and don't step in your own crap.
 torgo70
Msg: 23 (view)

How the media can ruin a good flick John Carter
Posted: 7/5/2012 6:03:31 AM

While the movies that I referred to may seem like they were made after the author of John Carter, it is possible that the writers, and creative people in those movies never heard of john carter, I don't think that it is known if the Star Wars people even knew of that Author, and to assume that they are knock offs of the "John Carter" series is, well, an assumption.

IT IS widely known- George Lucas is very open about his influences and talks about them in almost every interview he has done- and Edgar Rice Burroughs' John Carter series is one of his influences for creating Star Wars(his biggest influence was the Flash Gordon movie serials), Lucas was a huge scifi fan and avid reader growing up.
 torgo70
Msg: 6 (view)

30 years ago....The movies of 1982.
Posted: 6/18/2012 10:51:19 AM
If I had to pick a decade that I prefer over the 80's....the 70's, it contains some of my favorite films in comedy, action, scifi, and horror. And from the Golden Age, the 1930's is the best.

But there are still excellent films being made today, you just need to look outside of Hollywood mainstream, sure if all you look at is what is getting released in the American franchise cinemas you'll mainly see remakes, reboots, sequels, prequels....though a few excellent films do make it into the mainstream here and there(like Winter's Bone), you have to go to the Indie houses, festivals, and non-American films.
 torgo70
Msg: 5 (view)

30 years ago....The movies of 1982.
Posted: 6/18/2012 10:40:12 AM
1982 was a great year for film, besides the usual suspects, there were some great cult flicks released that year-

Pink Floyd The Wall
Forbidden Zone
Basket Case
Slumber Party Massacre
Sword And The Sorcerer
Time Masters
Liquid Sky
White Dog
Pieces
New York Ripper
The Plague Dogs
Android
Ladies and Gentlemen, the Fabulous Stains
Turkey Shoot
Class Of '84
 torgo70
Msg: 36 (view)

Zombie Apocalypse U.S.
Posted: 4/26/2012 7:51:20 AM

The fine funny film, "Fido" addressed the technology that could harness zombies for good.

While the people are busy watching the movie and trying to recreate said technology, Asia Argento will have already rescued me.
 torgo70
Msg: 21 (view)

Zombie Apocalypse U.S.
Posted: 4/25/2012 6:05:27 AM
I'm not sure The Walking Dead is a good how-to guide...all it taught me was how to constantly argue amongst my group. Shaun Of The Dead? Hmmm, no, at least not Shaun's group, now the girl they ran into, and who came back in the end? Yes, she obviously knew what she was doing.

Fido is good if you want to learn how to make zombies into domestic help.

The best survival guide- "The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead"
http://www.amazon.com/The-Zombie-Survival-Guide-Protection/dp/1400049628
 torgo70

Zombie Apocalypse U.S.
Posted: 4/25/2012 5:56:43 AM
Wait for Asia Argento to come pick me up in Dead Reckoning...she promised.
 torgo70

“Lord of the Rings” borrowed real historical places & events
Posted: 4/3/2012 5:52:03 AM

JRR Tolkien was a professor of Medieval history, and borrowed heavily from that in both The Hobbit and LOTR. He had also stated publicly that it was written before WW II and that any references/similarities to the Axis powers were not intended.

Exactly.
 torgo70
Msg: 33 (view)

any good movies that i should buy?
Posted: 3/30/2012 5:56:04 AM

oh whats that films name of a creature that comes from a bog/swamp/marsh
etc..it talked to some kids..

Return Of The Swamp Thing

then there's the old film of a..scientist?who experimented on making humans become kingsnakes..

Are you talking about the 70's film Sssss?
 torgo70
Msg: 32 (view)

Posted: 3/30/2012 5:54:18 AM

To hell with the mives. Hollywood is doing so awful there anymore. you want to collect some things get some good series that are out there:

1. The Walking Dead
2. Breaking Bad
3. Boardwalk Empire
4. Game of Thrones
5. Sons of Anarchy
6. Justified

All of those are worth owning and good for watching. A lot better in depth story line wise and character development not to mention twists galore compared to what cinema is churning out these days.

Hollywood isn't the only place making movies, there are plenty of excellent films still being made that comes from outside of Hollywood.
 torgo70
Msg: 28 (view)

Posted: 3/29/2012 3:38:16 PM
I agree, colt, without knowing what the OP has, or what types of films they like- I could list more horror films, but most they might not like, or already own.
 torgo70

Posted: 3/28/2012 10:18:45 AM
Comedy-

It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World
Young Frankenstein
Murder By Death
Some Like It Hot
Real Genius
Anything Abbott & Costello
The Nutty Professor (Jerry Lewis)
The Ladies Man(Jerry Lewis)
This Is Spinal Tap
Sleeper
Cat Ballou
Monty Python And The Holy Grail
Defending Your Life
Animal House
Real Life
The Lonely Guy
The Jerk
Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid
Mr Hobbs Takes A Vacation
Better Off Dead
The Villain
Strange Brew
The Man With Two Brains
The Russians Are Coming! The Russians Are Coming!
Take The Money And Run
Student Bodies
Top Secret!
Kentucky Fried Movie
The Groove Tube
 torgo70
Msg: 19 (view)

Posted: 3/28/2012 10:02:21 AM

i should have mentioned that the genre of movies that i seek is in the horror division

What types of horror films do you like? Do you have a specific decade you like? What do you have already?

Some of my favorites(from classics, to cheesy, and in-between)-

Dawn Of The Dead '78
Bride Of Frankenstein
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre '74
Phantasm
Spider Baby
House Of The Devil
Bubba Ho Tep
Night Of The Living Dead '68
Basket Case
Two Thousand Maniacs
Zombie
The Beyond
Suspiria
Inferno
The Evil Dead Trilogy
Cat People '42
Werewolf Of London
Black Christmas '74
Alien
The Last Man On Earth
Martin
Day Of The Dead '85
Night Of The Creeps
Ringu Trilogy
Lemora: Child Of The Supernatural
Valerie And Her Week Of Wonders
Who Can Kill A Child?
The Pit
Mother's Day '80
Session 9
The Stepfather '87
CHUD
ReAnimator
Jaws
Night Of The Creeps
Poison For The Fairies
Just Before Dawn
Fido
Grace
Chinese Ghost Story
Hausu
The House By The Cemetery
Creepshow
Trick R Treat '07
The Howling
The Changeling
Company Of Wolves
An American Werewolf In London
The Wolf Man '41
Poultrygeist: Night Of The Chicken Dead
Redneck Zombies
Pieces
Don't Go In The Woods
Don't Look In The Basement
I Drink Your Blood
Race With The Devil
 torgo70
Msg: 11 (view)

Wolf Devil Woman 1982
Posted: 3/22/2012 6:25:47 AM

It sounds awesome. Not being sarcastic either. One obscure film deserves another; "Ilsa, She-Wolf of the SS" may be apt. There's a song about it under that title, never saw it, want to.

The Ilsa franchise, only recommended to those who like sleazy and tasteless, totally politically incorrect 70's torture film schlock... I happen to be one of those so they are very entertaining.

The Human Centipede, though I enjoyed both parts 1 and 2, neither lived up to their reputations, at least for me. I found the scenario to be more disturbing than the films themselves.
 torgo70
Msg: 10 (view)

Wolf Devil Woman 1982
Posted: 3/22/2012 6:18:48 AM
I think some of you guys need to read the plot outline of the film to realize this isn't the typical "feral child raised by animal" flick. After all this IS an Asian film made during the time when surreal martial arts films was at the height of popularity.
 torgo70
Msg: 9 (view)

Wolf Devil Woman 1982
Posted: 3/22/2012 6:05:11 AM

The title says it all. A Taiwanese film made in 1982 about a girl raised by wolfs.
So anyways, I just finished re-watching this movie that I saw when I was 7-8years old. I saw the original Taiwanese version back then and I can tell you guys right now that the English dub version is just horrible. But I guess what do you expect from a foreign film dubbed into English, right? Has anyone else seen the film?

Haven't seen it yet, but I've heard a lot about it over the years. Have you seen the sequel? Is it worth seeking out?
 torgo70
Msg: 21 (view)

I am a jerk
Posted: 3/4/2012 9:27:25 AM
I agree, we shouldn't make assumptions about people hitchhiking. Don't automatically assume that the guy standing on the side of the road wearing a hockey mask and carrying an ax is some kind of maniac, he could just be a hockey player on his way to a lumberjack convention.
 torgo70
Msg: 47 (view)

Best Christmas movie?
Posted: 12/12/2011 4:15:35 PM

The 'original' Scrooge.

You mean the 1901 silent film version? Technically that's the original filmed Scrooge
 torgo70

Scientists are Going to Try Cloning Woolly Mammoth
Posted: 12/12/2011 8:29:37 AM
I wonder if the end result would be like the episode of "Primeval" where the woolly mammoths rampage the busy freeway.
 torgo70
Msg: 44 (view)

Best Christmas movie?
Posted: 12/12/2011 8:17:08 AM

my boyfriend likes the one, name i forget, where the man won a lamp that looked like a leg with fishnet stockings to put in his window and his son wanted some sort of lethal toy for his x'mas present (a bb gun maybe, cannot remember). i found him a big window poster of that leg and gave it to him last year :) still in his window.... i guess he's a leg man!

A Christmas Story

Show ALL Forums