Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: He asked me for money....Oh My God. the nerve?
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 14 (view)

He asked me for money....Oh My God. the nerve?
Posted: 8/31/2011 11:28:47 PM
The second anyone would ask me to wait for them and not date anyone else and especially before you have even met them would have been a HUGE clue. Glad you finally figured him out for what he was...
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 17 (view)

I don't get it - why does he bother?
Posted: 12/25/2006 5:39:30 PM
Thanks Trane...
I was raised by a Marine, manners were not an option!

I hope that the OP runs in to more than just the basic, 'hi, how was your day' conversation.

I'm not taking away from the fact that these people, men or women, are nice and truly may care how your day was, but, sometimes some of us just want a bit more than the usual one liners when we are actually trying to get to know someone.

I hope you and everyone reading this is enjoying their Christmas and will have a very adventurous New Year.
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 15 (view)

I don't get it - why does he bother?
Posted: 12/25/2006 5:02:30 PM
It takes me a few conversations before allowing anyone to add me to their messenger list or vice versa, only because I prefer men of substance that I may want to actually meet. Though I too agree with a few of the posters that I would definitely prefer a conversation on the phone, I at least want to find out a few basic things about them and their intentions, even if it is for friendship, I still prefer men I could possibly have simple, intelligent, interesting, friendly conversations with.
Most times though, some of the men (No, not all) seem to be in such a hurry to get info, red flag... I figure men like that usually aren't interested in anything more than filling their otherwise boring lives with women who were eager to jump at the chance to talk to anyone willing to give them a few moments of meaningless attention...

One of the previous posters says he equates blocking someone without at least minimal communication, informing someone you are no longer interested in talking with them, to slamming the door in someones face, I agree, but, that usually leaves you open to someone who may get rude and not take it as it was intended. Sometimes, doing the 'right thing' and using your manners blows up in your face, but, I still prefer that, at least most of the time...
 karmickiss805
Msg: 8 (view)

ok guys i need your help!
Posted: 11/27/2006 4:13:25 PM
Simple, move and change your number...
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 63 (view)

Port Hueneme Pier Singles Beach Party Nov 11th
Posted: 11/16/2006 7:53:03 PM
For those of you that have been e mailing me about a possible local get together, i've collected some info and given it to Robb (Catch), he's gonna check some places out when he has some time, then we can just go from there...
Looking forward to possibly meeting some of you then,
D.
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 57 (view)

Posted: 11/12/2006 10:49:50 AM
Thanks Goodday, you're a sweetheart,
but, I don't want to be rude or presumptuous either, so i'll ask Catch for guidance on this one.
Seeing that we may want to do this again, in a different place, would you want me to start a new thread or would you be ok with continuing this one and all of us working together to accomplish the same goal?
Let me know Catch, whatever you think, is fine, afterall, you are the one that came up with a great idea of a local get together!!
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 55 (view)

Posted: 11/12/2006 8:32:28 AM
Aw, sorry you missed meeting those that ended up at the pizza place up the street. I arrived around 4:30 or so at the pier, didnt see anyone, so decided to stop by my sons work, saw some familiar faces and started laughin. Come on, what were the chances of running in to the group accidently! Catch was so nice, came up, introduced himself and I met a few others who recognized me.
Sorry I missed meeting you Goodday, I too hope we can get something local goin, soon.

Dont know if anyone's been over to Pirates, its off of Victoria, its nice, low key and spacious. Im gonna check it out and see if they have bands and get more info. I know the holidays are coming up and everyone gets busy, but if anyone is up for it, let's do it...
Inclement weather wouldn't have a chance in there!
I wouldn't mind an after work kinda thing, they have free munchies during happy hour, every night's a different choice.
Let me know and i'll get the info...
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 53 (view)

Posted: 11/11/2006 10:50:45 PM
It was nice to meet some of the people that showed up. I would have liked to have met all of you, but I was going out with one of my sons and some of his friends for his birthday, so I could only stay for a few minutes. If I hadn't gone by that pizza place up the street to say hi to my other son, I never would have run in to you guys!
Im sure there were more that showed up late, like myself at the pier, Im sure they realized it was just too windy to stay.
I would love to attend another get together, hopefully we'll have another local one soon.
Thanks again for planning it Catch...
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 50 (view)

Posted: 11/10/2006 5:20:16 PM
Happy Friday Vint,
Just makin sure, are you addressing your last post to Alan?
By the way, tell Typhoon Jim hi!!

Oh, and Catch, that was truly a nice post, offering that other POF person a ride and all, what a nice guy!!! Oh, you do have a trunk, dont you? Just a thought...
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 16 (view)

8 month relationship
Posted: 11/8/2006 4:54:55 AM
guitarman,
didnt realise you were being sarcastic, appologies for the abusive comment.

and as for 'arealangel' - you know nothing about me so please dont 'assume' typical response to a guy supporting a female assuming there are othe motives involved.
I have known this lady for quite a while and know shes worth more than the abuse she has got.

Darr, wouldn't you think that Areal was responding to the OP with that remark? I mean, you obviously missed the sarcastic flavour of Guitar's response (yes, a lot of us may have been guilty of that one at one point or another), think maybe you may have missed the mark on Areal's...
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 45 (view)

Posted: 11/5/2006 9:34:52 PM
I could say a few things, but I dont think I need to feed his frenzy, so I will just say this:

It's going to be Monday in a few hours, almost time for that infamous 7 day forecast!!!!
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 41 (view)

Posted: 11/5/2006 3:16:22 AM
I wager to say that if Jim's left Foot can get a Date then anyone can...

Oh, even if I can't make it to the get together, i'll be driving by just to watch Jim's foot in action... I could probably insert a few foot jokes here, but i'll spare you!

I was looking at the list of people who say they are going to be attending, there's quite a mix. Looks like some very nice men and women will be there and a few characters!! It's promising to be a good turn out... Great job Catch!!
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 39 (view)

Posted: 11/3/2006 11:01:05 PM
Like Catch asked us all to do earlier, let's keep this on a positive note, no need to stress so much. All anyone really has to do is call the city of Port Hueneme and ask, it's pretty much a no brainer. I work with the local Police and Permits departments, anytime I run a TUP or SUP through all the required city departments, I'm told the same thing. So, if you know something I don't, great, bring along some booze.

I'm glad the original plans were made for Hueneme Pier, it's got a local, down to earth flavour, unpretentious and it welcomes everyone who wants to go there. Just in case ya didn't know, low life's can be found anywhere, don't even get me started on the correct ratio of crime statistics, I'm not going to turn this nice event's forum in to my personal place to spew out things that don't necessarily pertain, and that may take away from the intent of the primary post.
Besides, it's just not in my nature to be so negative...

If you don't show up to the nice get together being planned for Saturday, to be held in the beautiful city of Hueneme, I hope your event goes well in Ojai on Sunday (though I do strongly agree with Good day), enjoy your weekend.
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 33 (view)

Posted: 11/3/2006 1:26:58 PM
Actually, there are no alcoholic beverages allowed on any city/state beaches, or parks, unless granted permission through a city issued TUP or SUP (Temporary Use Permits or Special Use Permits). It is however, restricted to being both sold and consumed nearby at 'Andy's Seafood' restaurant.
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 9 (view)

Port Hueneme Pier Beach Party , California Ventura county(oxnard / Ventura Area)
Posted: 11/1/2006 5:44:50 AM
Silly boy, bring a jacket and perhaps an extra one! Hope that some of those nice single girls that may show up, don't bring their own jacket, you may then seize the opportunity to either:
a. Offer yours
b. Offer yourself while wearing yours (open up part of your jacket and put your arm around her)
c. Be that really nice guy who just happened to have all of that extra firewood in his vehicle and throw it in a bbq pit, then still offer to keep her warm whilst standing in front of it

There's probably a d. but I have to get to work, I'm sure you are a creative sort and get the picture. Besides, moving it to the park, so you can hear the cars drive by, or the ocean, which may be overcast and cold (hopefully not, with this warmer trend we've experienced) and yet, would still have solace and peace to offer those adventurous enough to show up on a cold, November afternoon...
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 18 (view)

Engagement ring meant for someone else
Posted: 10/31/2006 9:09:24 AM
I agree, sell the ring and buy something for himself or something for the both of you, whichever you both decide. As long as he's honest about it, there should really be no problem.
I, like a few of the posters before me, don't really care for the ring part of the upcoming adventure with someone I had decided to commit to (Or the wedding ceremony, but that's a different post). I was with my ex for 8 years before we got married, he asked me what kind of ring I wanted, I told him I didn't really want one. We were young and he was a hard working man, but didn't really make much money. The day before the court wedding, he went and got me a ring, nothing fancy in the least, but I know it's something he wanted to do.
When the money became plentiful, we bought a home, he then asked if he could buy me a ring. The next day I told him I had a better idea, we drove to a ski boat shop (he'd been looking at those magazines for years) and ordered one, I designed the colours and told him a ski boat would be far more exciting than any ring.

And yes, when we divorced, not only did he get anything he wanted, he got the boat...
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 6 (view)

Port Hueneme Pier Beach Party , California Ventura county(oxnard / Ventura Area)
Posted: 10/31/2006 4:21:21 AM
Right or left side of the Pier, preference or availability? Logistically speaking, of course...
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 10/30/2006 8:27:49 AM
Wow, something local!!!
I'm hosting a birthday party that evening, but I will definitely try to make it. I'll also e mail this info to some of my POF, So Cali friends. Hope you get a great turn-out and good luck...
Oh yea, do they all have to be POF'rs?
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 30 (view)

please help im heartbroken
Posted: 9/21/2006 5:53:42 AM

Once people have kids they think that life is over

That's a pretty general and untrue statement, seeing the OP has children and she obviously doesn't think her life is over. I have 4 children, though older now, I certainly never thought life was over, as I'm sure might be true for the millions of people who have kids and enjoy, life, love, sex and spending our time and energies on things other than changing diapers and attending back to school night and drinking watered down punch from S and F.

OP, please do listen to arealangel and get that babysitter, should your children require one, but, ask someone else out on a date!!!! And remember, children should take priority, that does not mean you stop communications with someone you're dating and treat them like they don't matter at all.
If any of the men I've dated ever put me before their children, I don't think I would date them, however, if their children are old enough to put up a tantrum when daddy/mommy shows interest in dating, the relationship between parent and child just may have other issues that need to be addressed...
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 28 (view)

'heartbroken'
Posted: 9/21/2006 3:10:35 AM
Girl, I just read your profile... you're frikkin 6'1", go kick his a$$!!!
All kidding aside, I would just take this time to step back, take a deep breath, realize you have 3 beautiful and healthy daughters, be thankful for all you already have and reread a few of these posts, especially #s 3 and 24.
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 28 (view)

camping trip Aug 26th stonygorge resevoir
Posted: 8/25/2006 8:35:58 AM
And for those who still choose not to read all the posts in a forum...

Address
16349 Shasta Dam Blvd.
Shasta Lake, CA

Latitude: 39.58528
Longitude: -122.53139
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 62 (view)

What was the best kiss you ever had?
Posted: 7/19/2006 6:43:00 AM
The best kiss ever? Let me, for convinient and logics sake, rephrase that. The best kiss, so far, would have to be with my now, ex husband. When we first started dating up to the moment I asked him to leave, and I have only been able to describe it in this way, it's like having passionate sex, with an orgasm from begining to end, but it only involved our mouths, that is, physically...
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 6 (view)

Eric Burdon & the Animals, Tommy James, & the Grassroots.....who's going?
Posted: 7/19/2006 5:18:30 AM
Yes, until the ipod came along, I was glued to KTYD. Now I simply type in the music, artist and title of song I want, load it in to my ipod, get in my truck, plug in the itrip (no pun intended) and I can have my own flashbacks, sans the acid or the shrooms...
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 536 (view)

older women younger men
Posted: 7/19/2006 5:07:05 AM
Well, let's see here, I just dated guys I was attracted to, never met anyone I even came close to calling my boyfriend, then... I was almost 21 he was 16, only I had no clue he was so young, wasn't til after 5 hours of talking around a bonfire with about 35 other people, 4 hours of making out and just as the sun was rising, that we decided to ask each others age, he said 16 and then looked at me, what the hell was I to do? So I said I was almost 18, when we were leaving, he asked for my number, I spent almost 30 minutes trying to convince him he was too young. We were together for 21 years. So, what do I think? I think, like a few of the previous posts, that it should not be based solely on age. I do from time to time, date men closer to my age, most of them just look like they could be my dad, yes I know it's not always about aesthetics, but, come on, without that animal magnetism, it just ain't happenin for this older girl. So, it comes down to my preference of dating younger men, most say it's because I have a problem with commitment, but that's a whole other forum...
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 16 (view)

In Search Of A Candy Mom Made
Posted: 7/16/2006 10:06:40 AM
No bake p-nut butter cookies... YUM, wonder how they would hold up if I shipped some to my son in Iraq, he's a total p-nut butter junkie!!! I will definitely have to try your recipe Creamy, thanks!
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 14 (view)

Posted: 7/15/2006 1:23:11 PM
From Mother, sorry it's not so specific, but I have made it using this method, as long as it translates to palatable, you can always reconfigure your own measurements.

"TO EACH CAN OF CONDENSED MILK YOU ADD VANILLA WAFERS TO HOLD IT
TOGETHER--AND SAME WHEN YOU ADD THE THE DATES AND NUTS, ALL SHOULD BE ABLE TO
MAKE THE ROLL,REMEMBER TO PUT POWDERED SUGAR SO IT WONT STICK TO YOUR
HANDS, FINALLY, ROLL THE ROLL ON THE POWDER SUGAR . PUT IT ON WAX PAPER, SHAPE IN TO LOG FORM, THEN TO THE FREEZER. ONCE FROZEN, CUT IN TO THIN SLICES, SERVE!"
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 13 (view)

Posted: 7/14/2006 9:13:46 AM
Hello again Creamy, I saw my mom again yesterday at the Farmers' Market, but again, forgot to ask her for the recipe. I just e mailed her and hopefully will get it and forward it to you by the time I get home from work, around 10 tonight. Take care and I hope, when you finally get it, that it helps bring back some fond memories... Desire'
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 3 (view)

Eric Burdon & the Animals, Tommy James, & the Grassroots.....who's going?
Posted: 7/14/2006 8:50:54 AM
I got to see Eric Burdon in a quaint setting at the Coach House in Santa Barbara a few years ago. Would love to go to this concert, I mean, come on, Eric, The Grassroots and Tommy? But the week before I'm taking a few days off and going to the Santa Barbara Bowl to see 311, then it's back to getting ready for the start of our local Indie film fest. If you should go, hope you enjoy!
Oh yea, Sky Pilot, thanks, now that song will be playing in my head all day!!
 KarmicKiss805

Posted: 7/7/2006 10:30:42 AM
Hopefully it will taste just as good as your Momma's dessert did. Nothing beats the taste of our Mom's cooking we remember as children. I will ask my Mom for the exact proportions, when I make it, I just kinda throw things in the bowl until it feels and tastes right! I'll get back to you as soon as I get it.

Glad I could help, Desire'/Karmic
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 13 (view)

Anyone Here From The Central Coast ??
Posted: 7/4/2006 9:36:25 PM
I'm in Ventura county as well, let me know if you guys are gonna get something together in this area.
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 1031 (view)

Why are you single?
Posted: 7/4/2006 9:55:04 AM

I'm single because I'm not in any rush to be in a relationship. I've only ever had 3 great relationships, and they ended on good terms. Why would i settle for anything less? I don't need a boyfriend and being single has some great qualities. If someone worth the effort a relationship takes happens to come into my life then I'm all for it!

Bella pretty much captured it, except I have only really been in 1 long term relationship,that lasted 21 years. I was fairly young when we met, 20, he was 16, then left the relationship after those 21 years with 4 great children. I have been single for the last 8 years and dedicated most of my time to my children (then 10 to 20) and opening up a consulting business. I date, but that seems to be more recreational and I tend to get a bit nervous when men make it seem like it's more, too quickly. I dated/met probably 10 men before him and 40 since him, but they were/are pretty much just hanging out, dinner,movies and making out, fun kinda dates, I think there is a pattern here... I guess I just don't believe in relationships solely for the purpose of making sure I have sex available to me 24 hours a day, thats what stable boys are for... KIDDING, I have just not met the man I feel is worth the effort. Yes, I know a relationship consists of more than sex, it's tempting, just not tempting enough...
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 118 (view)

I am Marrying My POF find in 73 days.
Posted: 7/2/2006 9:01:56 PM
These ladies are being ladies, they are just expressing themselves in their own ways. I prefer the term girl myself.
But, that is not what this forum is about, it's about the other 2, you know, the 2 that have not been on this site for quite some time. But that doesn't stop anyone, including myself, from saying what we feel when it concerns that subject. There was a small station break sponsored by ozzy and vivid, who I have heard through the grapevine, met 4 hours ago, bought a home 3 hours ago, she's pregnant and they and are now engaged! Good luck ozzy and vivid, and dont listen to anyone, everything will be just fine. Oh yea, one more thing, don't worry about the kids, they are too young anyway...
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 33 (view)

CA Singles 40 and up
Posted: 7/2/2006 7:07:12 PM
Yay... adults! The 13th Annual Salsa Festival is happening the last weekend in July. It's in an open park in the middle of downtown Oxnard. Has anyone been to this event? If people are interested in getting together that weekend, let me know. It's a very nice, open air, free event. Dancing and music from 11am to 7pm, Beer garden and Salsa tent. The event is attended by approximately 40 thousand people that weekend. I've gone every year, I used to be on the board, but have just been attending as a volunteer in the Beer garden, a salsa contestant and 3 year winner and as an observer for the last 4 years. I think I'm having more fun on this end of the spectrum! If anyone would like more info on the event, just go to their website http://www.oxnardsalsafestival.com/. Even if no one plans on getting together as a group for this event, it's still an option for a fun filled Summer Festival destination...
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 109 (view)

Posted: 7/1/2006 1:01:24 PM
Simmah, down girl, I actually found your posts more direct and humorous as opposed to negative. I enjoyed them, especially when people started posting their words of anger and stupidity, you broke the monotony. There's a huge difference from what the previous post was addressing. You at least approached a potentially serious subject with well directed humour.
Yes, you and I both know marriage and the well being of children are serious issues. Given the frequency of on line dating, on line predators, and the easy access the internet provides to both good and evil, perhaps it's a subject that needed to be brought up, whether the initial post was authentic or fabricated.
Most of us realize their decisions cannot be controlled by us. The only thing we can control in this situation, is, our reaction to it...
No, that doesn't mean I have rethought popping what's his face in the back of the head.
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 11 (view)

Ass kicking hot chilli
Posted: 7/1/2006 8:08:12 AM
I love cooking and creating dishes, with a passion, thankfully, because of my upbringing, it comes as natural as breathing!
I sometimes get this deer in headlights look when people ask me for recipes. I pretty much do what you did, give them approximations and always tell them to taste as they go along. In fact, I just posted a dessert ingredient list without measurements, said measurements would be provided only if someone was interested in them.
I have won the Salsa contest 3 times now. When I make the salsa for the judges, I have to also give them the recipe, that's the most challenging part. Thank goodness they only started actually needing the exact formula for bottling as part of the winning package. I think the winner, among other prizes, is now going to have their recipe professionally manufactured to the tune of 10 cases.
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 105 (view)

Posted: 7/1/2006 7:37:39 AM
I don't think Ms. Broke quite grasps the whole idea/concept of a forum. If the original post had been limited to their own profile instead of a public forum, the results would have been quite different, actually, there wouldn't have been any reaction. Broke, that is the difference between the two, one is private one if public... see?
As far as people bashing and being angry, I have seen that those posting their own experiences and concerns for both parties involved, limit it to just that. Those that are saying to leave them alone, like yourself, have been whining and verbally attacking those who are merely saying, 'take your time and get to know this person, if it's true love, it's not going anywhere. Just make sure all involved (including THEIR children) are alright'...
Broke, some people actually do care about others and are taking the time to post words of wisdom, not words of anger... it's OK to care and be happy for others, but it's also OK to offer words of wisdom, especially when those words could possibly save heartache in either direction. Heartache is not solely limited to women and according to Amineedsluv2, neither is the 'accidental' consumption of cyanide.
 KarmicKiss805

Ass kicking hot chilli
Posted: 6/30/2006 10:54:32 PM
I agree Wabbit, but his recipe sounded totally awesome. I usually read recipes, then pretty much guesstimate from that point on, hopefully remembering to include all the ingredients. I was raised by a gourmet chef, I know it was a rare occasion to see him measure out anything... The only time that formula doesn't work, is for most baking purposes.
I'm definitely trying his chili recipe and cooking up a side of some homemade cornbread to go with it!!
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 6/30/2006 10:41:40 PM
Ah yes, the date nut roll we still make, usually for Christmas eve with the family. I will post the ingredients, which are similar to the other post on here, but no lemon juice, if it sounds familiar, let me know, I will then get the exact proportions for you...

chopped dates
chopped walnuts
crushed vanilla wafers
sweetened condensed milk
roll in to logs, coat with powdered sugar
wrap in wax paper and freeze, when frozen, unwrap wax paper, cut in to slices, serve...
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 93 (view)

Posted: 6/29/2006 6:04:03 PM

i cant believe all you people that are putting these 2 down. it really isnt any of your business. they are happy what the hell is it to you. no wonder you are alll single and cant find any body. with your negative attitudes you will never find any body.

Ok, I was raised with manners, all I'm going to say is, this moron doesn't deserve more than my hand swatting the back of his head...(ok, I'm saying more) The only thing I got from that posting was, hello, I'm a moron and everyone out there who is single (including him, since he is) should marry anything that comes along because that is the only thing that can justify the space you take here on earth.
I truly do believe people are generally good and perhaps just slightly misinformed when they say things that are just plain... dumb, but, in this case I'm willing to bet it's not a temporary situation...

Harley, Truth, Dances, Sunny and New, each of you touched on very important facets of what marriage/relationship should be about and sadly, the statistics that were posted are probably a lot more mainstream than any of us would like to think. The past experiences with our own families has shaped us to a point, there is no getting around that, just part of life. I too promised I would be one of those rare people who treated marriage with respect, not a side order to the rest of my life. Mine lasted 21 years, but... I respect myself more for not agreeing to latch on to every man that has asked in my 9 yrs of being single, I work 4 jobs and never asked for a dime from my ex, I wanted to thank him for the 14 years I was able to take care of my children while he worked his ass off to support us.
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 85 (view)

Posted: 6/28/2006 11:31:22 PM
Mtn, shhhhhhhh, you're just a figment of my imagination...
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 25 (view)

I tried to be polite...now what?
Posted: 6/28/2006 10:52:26 PM
Come on Buttercup, you really had to ask?
Block him, if that doesn't work, send him to Jasmine!!!
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 83 (view)

Posted: 6/28/2006 10:28:44 PM
I dont know about you, but i've been around long enough to know, that some things should be taken seriously, um, let's say, uh, the health and well being of children? Don't know if you have kids, but I take my children's safety pretty darn seriously. I'm sure if you have children, you're the same way.
As for the people on here, I dont know that anyone was going out of their way to be rude, they were on a forum, forums are usually about posting a reaction to someones initial subject, hence...
Yes Broken, some people do live happily ever after, I'm very much a believer in that, hopefully this was one of those instances.

Signed, A Realistic Optimist
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 80 (view)

Posted: 6/28/2006 9:34:55 PM

it's not like she doesn't know him and she's hooking up after a onenight stand.

Uh, hello, is this thing on??? Alegro, that's pretty much what it amounts to. As for the kids, that was meant for both his kids and her kids. Besides, they both left this forum quite some time ago.
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 72 (view)

Posted: 6/26/2006 10:10:19 PM

There's an old mexican saying that rings far and true, don't eat bread in front of the hungry. Seriously, most of the members in this site are lonely individuals that won't listen happily while someone dotes on their own joy, and more than likely will jinx your efforts, and that goes for any other endeavor in life, only share your joy with those that love you never with strangers who will always have some bitter diatribe to derail your success.

Alegro, agreed, some people do find the chance to shoot the happiness of others down, a real rush and a chance to make their own lives seem not so bad, however, most on these posts only reflected their concerns for the children involved in this situation. They also said, in so many different ways, that love has patience. This girl simply portrayed herself as such, that most (no, not all) thought her being on her third marriage in almost as many years, was cause for a few words of caution. Most of us have said that we hope everything works out, especially where it concerns the children, you seem to have simply skimmed over that part. By the way, the next time you feel the urge to compare a childs safety to a piece of bread, just remember, once you tear that bread apart, you can always bake another loaf... how in that 'saying' can the life, well being and the mind of a child even remotely be compared to a piece of bread? silly boy, I'm sure you meant well, but...
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 62 (view)

Posted: 6/26/2006 9:22:06 AM
Um, Angel... All that has been said, he posted, they have both split the forums.I'm sure she is out trying on her dress and he is getting fitted for his tux. Angel, let's just hope all is going well for those kids!
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 60 (view)

Posted: 6/26/2006 8:36:01 AM
We are already buying a house, he is buying me a van so that we can fit the car seats for our kids. We are getting married on sept. 2nd(as long as i get the money for the dress. lol. i wont let him buy it)
Obviously this is no longer a forum for them, couldn't help but insert my own 2 cents, right now, thats probably all that it's worth... let's see, she joined the 7th, met him the 11th and he proposed on the 15th she first posted on the 21st... She commented that they are buying a home, he is buying her a van. Then came the post about how she was defending herself, saying she made twice as much as he did, then why the comment questioning the funds for the dress?
Oh, and bikerboyinheat, here's a question for you... dude, you live in Canada, so why the comment about Uncle Sam and not wanting your tax dollars supporting her???
better his money than my tax dollars
Are we talking sales tax when you occasionaly come across the border or do you work in the states and contribute to our system?
I too believe that love at first site, and all those other things that people have experienced, could be real, however, they have children involved! For the person who said, better to be alone than wish you were, is so right on. I date, but have remained single since my relationship of 21 years ended in separation 9 years ago and then divorce, 5 years ago, for a reason, it took him 8 years to get me to marry him. It just cracks me up when I meet men who want to rush in to exclusive dating as opposed to actually getting to know one another first, they always seem to come up with the same stupid line when I no longer want to date them... 'no wonder you're single' all I have to say is... 'no sh*t'
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 51 (view)

What do women look for in a man after 40?
Posted: 6/19/2006 10:32:35 PM
People actually look??? Wow, what a concept... I date men of all ages and backgrounds, yes there are certain ones I find attractive, but my tastes are so ecclectic I don't know that I could pin point them, but I certainly tried when I filled out my profile (though i've changed it for the 20th time last night). Sometimes we waste so much time looking and thinking we know what we want that it continues to elude us. I swore I would never marry or have any chidren, it took him 8 yrs to convince me to marry him and we had 4 children.
Sometimes we are so busy making plans that life just happens around us. What is that old saying? Man makes plans as God laughs? Yea, that just about covers it...
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 51 (view)

a joke only someone over 30 would appreciate lol
Posted: 6/19/2006 10:21:48 PM
Hey, there are several websites online that sell all the old fashioned candies, I know I saw the dots, lips and coke bottles on there, just to name a few... My kids still make jokes about the stories i've told them about me when I was growing up. Which reminds me, 1 hour and 27 minutes until my 50th birthday, I can hear those damn kids now...
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 119 (view)

Guy I met online keeps asking for money
Posted: 6/19/2006 9:13:50 PM
So, is Toni waiting to get more responses from those of us that are neither naive nor insecure or any of the other terms people used on here, because Toni is really that guy from Nigeria who's been sending those e mails and messages and is simply compiling a list of people he couldnt otherwise convince of his stories?
All kidding aside, Toni, Tony, Tone'... Please don't feel you need to buy anyone's love or attention and don't ever let anyone intimidate you to the point of questioning your suspicions, gut feelings and decisions, they are there for a reason.
p.s. when you are paying for it, there's actually another term for it, and it's not love...
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 105 (view)

Guy I met online keeps asking for money
Posted: 6/18/2006 10:23:21 PM
No mention of the obvious from me, you don't need to hear it again...
I'm with Chicago, I start messin with them. I especially love the one about how they went to Nigeria for work, their contract ended, they were going to fly out the next day and they got robbed and beaten up in their hotel room, now their ticket, money and everything else is gone, they are getting kicked out of their hotel room, so on and so on. I get that one at least once a week, and oh yea, whoever get's IM's from the African Prince, he's mine dammit, he messaged me first, said he was gonna make me his Princess... Please these stories are so phony and stupid, I just love fuqqin with them... Comeon, if everything is gone, how the hell are they getting online and talking to me??? Puh lease...

Show ALL Forums