Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: crazy babymama
 obmij2
Msg: 36 (view)

crazy babymama
Posted: 7/10/2008 7:48:46 AM
Why go there???? To get his daughter! Did you not comprehend his post? When you are dealing with crazy women it is very wise to tape everything because the law will act on her behalf. The only thing you can do is keep collecting evidence and keep going to court until you get full custody. I'm pulling for you dude because I feel your pain. A lot of fathers do. Contrary to one some posters here are telling you in some states only one party has to agree to a recording. Your attorney should be able to tell you how your state treats recordings.
 obmij2
Msg: 17 (view)

Child support
Posted: 7/8/2008 3:31:11 PM
Posted By: smiley12345
"In cases where the dad is a deadbeat, the mothers get custody of the children. In cases where the mother is a deadbeat, the mother gets custody of the children. The mothers get custody of the children no matter what. Even if the man is a hard working individual and he marries a lazy no good for nothin deadbeat that won't even clean the house, the mother gets an added bonus on top of child support called alimony....its time the system changes."

Here here my man. We are not all bad fathers or dead beats but we are treated that way by the system in place. In my case I did not get custody in the temporary hearing because my ex wife lives with her two retired parents and one retired uncle and I am a single working father. My ex does not work either but I pay for all day day care for my son. Don't get me wrong either. I gladly pay that money to get him out of the house if only for half the day but the thing is if I don't pay it I get hauled to court and fitted with an anklet. I could have full custody and keep him in the same day care. Just doesn't make sense. Hopefully I'll get a fairer shake when we go to court for real. I am a good parent to my son when I am given the opportunity.
 obmij2
Msg: 77 (view)

Justice for the good Fathers!!!
Posted: 7/4/2008 10:39:58 AM
I'm not whining about paying child support! I do so willingly and did so from day one long before I was ordered. I'm upset about the family courts failing to enforce my rights as a parent! If you read the original post he states the same. There are plenty of advocates and resources available to single mothers that are not extended or only grudgingly to single fathers.

and Wind roper you need to quit assuming that every single father is the dud that your ex husband apparently was. Also as a business owner I'd take offense to your comment about women earning less than men for the same job. It was a cheap shot on your part as that would be a rare occurrence these days in the USA because of federal legislation to the contrary. The women who work for me all make the same wage as their corresponding male counterparts even though their cost to the business is significantly higher.

and by the way after five months of waiting we finally got a court date for my son's custody hearing. In response his mother is denying me from seeing him. I am seeking to have joint custody enforced.
 obmij2
Msg: 8 (view)

Who has the right to custody??
Posted: 7/2/2008 2:44:40 PM
Find a recommended child Pdoc in the county that has jurisdiction and have them recommend attorneys they have worked with in these type of court cases. Most states will allow custody to be revisited. Will the father come forward and re establish custody and then grant that custody to the grandparents?
 obmij2
Msg: 74 (view)

Posted: 7/2/2008 2:36:43 PM
You miss the point of the thread mam. "Useless" dads and "Useless" moms are equal bad apples but it's the "Useless Mom's" in the equation who get all the support from the system even at the expense of good fathers. Good parents can reach agreements that are best for the child and follow up on them.
 obmij2
Msg: 73 (view)

Posted: 7/2/2008 1:11:10 PM
twindaddy you are twisting this fellows words. I know what he is going through because I am there to. You may have been lucky enough to get a fair shake when it came to custody but a lot of us did not.

"he dad may want joint custody.......why wont he get it? Because he has not created the bond with the child like the mother has"

"What retarted lawyer told you that you won't get joint custody?? That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. If you have a child with someone, you both automatically have joint custody. If you are not taking advantage of the fact then you are creating your own situation. When one parent does not make an effort to be a parent to their child, that is when the court will give the order of sole custody to the other parent"--you are correct that the statute (here in NC anyway) says that the father and mother automatically have joint custody it is ultimately up to the family court justices to enforce it and here in New Hanover county they rarely do. Much of your post is way out of line. Trying to make it about himself? BS he is saying that the mother is using the child! He is saying that the court should make damn sure that the mother is spending that money on "his own flesh and blood" and not on breast augmentations and****ails and babysitters so she can go out. Last of all when the mother of your child is being unreasonable she has all the leverage against you. I have been fighting for full custody of my son and you can be sure that I have injected my self into his life as much as I can possibly be there. I do it for him and take quite a mental beating for it. When ever she doesn't get her way or something she wants she shuts me out of his life. She will pick up the phone on a whim because she is ticked off and tell the child support people I haven't paid something knowing full well that I have. All she has to do is allege and it's up to me to prove her wrong. I pay everything by check and carry around all the receipts just in case. You don't get it because you obviously haven't been in the situation. You are very lucky.
 obmij2
Msg: 60 (view)

Custodial dads how much money did it cost you to get custody?
Posted: 7/1/2008 1:35:12 PM
Yep I'm battling the NC family court system as well. This state is supposed to be a 50/50 custody state where the father and mother are entitled to equal custody under the law HOWEVER it's up to the family court justices to enforce those laws and they do it with a heavy prejudice against fathers. I filed for custody in March and don't even have a court date yet. My ex had a suicide attempt in March and had to be hospitalized for 10 days. She is now diagnosed as "bipolar" and is on disability and still I was unsuccessful in my first attempt at custody because she lives with her retired parents and I am a single father who lives alone. That same judge would have no problem awarding custody to a single unemployed mother yet wouldn't hear my case. In fact it happens everyday. I have no criminal record and no history of violence or drug abuse. I own my own business and have for 15 years. I am stable. There is no reason why I shouldn't have full custody under the circumstances and I have spent 7,000 in legal fees just trying to get the court to enforce the joint custody that I am entitled to. Further more when she was in the hospital she told the case worker that I wasn't contributing enough. I pay her 150.00 per week cash, Pay a 300.00 per month car payment, & Pay 185.00 per week day care among other expenses in return get almost no time with my son and now i have to show monthly receipts and reports to the child support agency just because she said so and despite the facts that i have three years worth of returned checks to the contrary. I would gladly give every thing that I own and every thing I ever will own for my son's well being but the truth is the court is not looking out for him they are protecting her. My lawyer says things will work out once we get our day in court. I can not wait.
 obmij2
Msg: 20 (view)

I hate it when men do this during lovemaking
Posted: 7/1/2008 12:55:44 PM
Yea um one guy pulls that and it's something strange about him but two different guys unable to achieve orgasm during sex with you ...????? You might want to stop pointing your fingers at others and consider what you may be doing wrong. Just my opinion based on the facts as you stated them.
 obmij2
Msg: 17 (view)

Should your ex take your kids if you're sick?
Posted: 6/30/2008 1:23:22 PM
Jeez forget the schedule! Do what is best for the child any time any day. Ts far as I am concerned that is all there is to it. I can certainly understand being mad enough at my ex to not wish to help her...but I'd do it any way because it is the right thing to do and the right thing for my child.
 obmij2
Msg: 12 (view)

Should your ex take your kids if you're sick?
Posted: 6/30/2008 11:16:35 AM
I am fighting with my ex because she will not let me take our son when she is sick. There is nothing wrong with me and I take care of him well when she lets me. Custody has not been decided because she and her attourny are stalling. In my case it is a control issue.

Show ALL Forums