Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: A friend in need?
 UncoolNegated
Msg: 5 (view)

A friend in need?
Posted: 9/2/2008 11:44:17 PM
the one by leafslady
 UncoolNegated
Msg: 4 (view)

A friend in need?
Posted: 9/2/2008 11:43:50 PM
this is the only dumb comment
thanks everyone
 UncoolNegated
Msg: 9 (view)

What do you think about tip jars?
Posted: 8/27/2008 1:01:55 AM
Yeah I don't like tip jars either, except for maybe on bar counters and stuff. I hate the way that a lot of workers outside of hospitality now want tips for good customer service. Donut shops, like you mention, don't really do anything to deserve a tip. They hand you your food over the counter. Are you telling me that service wasn't covered by their wage?

I hate buffet restaurants wanting tips as well. I mean you go get your own food and drink for crying out loud. I was in Cancun at a buffet and I had no problems walking out without tipping.
 UncoolNegated
Msg: 1 (view)

A friend in need?
Posted: 8/27/2008 12:57:34 AM
A good friend of 20 years was in his hour of need. He had taken a big risk: he'd moved to a big city to try and market his degree for a job. However, after a month with no leads he started going broke. His phone got cut off and he needed money, not only for that, but to buy a software program so that he could make a portfolio so that he could market his work as he wanted to work as a graphic artist.

I made the minimum payment to get his phone reconnected and I bought him the software, altogether totalling $200. Beforehand I indicated that he would not have to pay me back until he got his second paycheque at his new job. I didn't want to seem like I was worried about it.

That was two years ago and he never paid me back though we talked about it and I asked for the money. To be congenial I said he could pay me back in four $50 installments. He never confirmed or denied that he would pay me.

About a year and a bit ago I quit asking for the money but I know he has a lot of it now. His facebook photos include Vegas vacations and nice hotel rooms. I decided to delete him as a friend because, in my view, friends DO LEND friends money. In fact, I would go so far as to say that this is something that a friend MUST DO if the situation calls for it.

But friends also pay friends back and if he can stiff me for $200 then was he my friend? No, he was my exploiter.

Did I mention we were friends for 20 years? Literally, grade four.

He messaged me and asked why he couldn't view my profile any more. I told him exactly why.

He then called me shallow for basing our friendship on money and used the fact that I ended our friendship as a justifiable reason NOT to pay me back. I told him when I lent him the money, it was not about the money: it was about his needs at the time. Also, I pointed out that he agreed to pay me back and therefore could no longer be trusted.
 UncoolNegated
Msg: 796 (view)

Why Do women dump men who are nice to them.
Posted: 8/27/2008 12:45:24 AM
women are often attracted to confidence

sometimes they mistake being a sweetheart for being weak and timid
 UncoolNegated
Msg: 217 (view)

what is everyones opin on tattoos?
Posted: 8/27/2008 12:38:31 AM
hude turnoff
deal breaker
i say it explicitly in my profile
 UncoolNegated
Msg: 57 (view)

Is reading someone's diary _ever_ justified?
Posted: 8/27/2008 12:10:59 AM
the main problem was you were with the wrong person or at least in the wrong situation

one time somebody stayed at a bed and breakfast and then checked out but forgot their diary in the drawer

i was the next guest and i used the clues in the diary to find out who the person was, then was i was certain i mailed it back to the person with my email and she was happy
 UncoolNegated
Msg: 30 (view)

Why Can't Men Be Friends First??
Posted: 8/26/2008 10:06:18 PM
I can be friends first, no problem. But if the person I am being friends with is super good looking, then this thing called biology clicks in and then just being friends gets a little....if you'll pardon the pun....harder.

Show ALL Forums