Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: do women like to have it rough or nice and slow?
 girlred228
Msg: 60 (view)

do women like to have it rough or nice and slow?
Posted: 4/16/2010 2:44:40 PM
Both...LOL at least I do.. sometimes u just wanna get down and dirty; other times u just wanna go slow and tak yyour time...
 girlred228
Msg: 15 (view)

No Sex in over two monts
Posted: 4/16/2010 2:41:30 PM
You are in love with him?.. After two months you are considering cheating?.. WOW.. what about oral sex.. and other things.. he needs to stop that though.. I bet you won'
t tell him about your dreams anymore...LOL
 girlred228
Msg: 38 (view)

Were you friends before you became lovers? How did it turn out?
Posted: 4/16/2010 2:15:20 PM
Well I think you should have a friendship within the relationship, but I am usually friends after the relationship is over. Especially if I really loved them..but we just couldn't get the relationship going on the right track.. but the dynamics of the relationship/friendship changes.. and there is not much hanging out.. just checkup seeing how the other is doing. But having a friend; that used to be your love; that you talk to constantly doesn't seem healthy.. how does one really move on.. I think.. someone always wants more whether they say so or not... but it all depends on the people involved.. I have experienced this.. if I wanted just the friendship.. the other person wanted more or vice versa.. so for me.. I don't think it is wise to have a friendship where you interact all the time...
 girlred228
Msg: 6 (view)

Something smells fishy
Posted: 2/22/2010 2:32:46 PM
It smells fishy cause it is a fish...LOL.. no but honestly.. he is just using you to get his jolly's off.. .. he needs some outside attention.. just afraid to take it to the physical run now sister...
 girlred228
Msg: 9 (view)

Meeting his parents for the first time...
Posted: 1/18/2010 2:36:02 PM
You are thinking too much.. You are meeting hisparents he should pay.. when he meets yours then you pay.. simple enough.. stop thinking so much...
 girlred228
Msg: 31 (view)

How fast is too fast?
Posted: 1/12/2010 8:10:17 PM
If that is how you feel OP.. you are entitled to everything you are feeling.. but I would advise you to just proceed with caution, but this could be it.. ya never know... but that is the case in point you are asking.. you never know.. slow down and ask some of those pressing questions.. Like what makes your soul happy?.. and what do you NEED in a relationship.. what kind of things really grinds yoru gears.. right now everything is pretty and joyous like discovering new territory.. but after a few months.. when the newness has worn off.. and things start to slow down.. and all those things you thought were cute won't be so cute anymore... I say just enjoy it.. but pace yourself.. and establish a solid foundation... with the guy... when you build something with a solid foundation.. it usually can stand the test of time...

Have fun.. don't make it too heavy yet.. because life will take care of that part for you..
 girlred228
Msg: 21 (view)

Rating Relationships
Posted: 1/5/2010 8:21:56 PM
You know what it is about books like that for me..... They are so closed off.. it doesn't give people hope to branch out and take risks.. that is what life is all about. ...so what you don't have the same educational background ... you have the right idea OP.. you should be looking for someone who will help you grow... in any way that you see fit.. because that is only way the relationship can last .. that you continue learn and grow from and with each other... I say.. don't listen to the gurus.. when they have closed minded info like this..to keep you stifled.. ............. enjoy spread your wings.. branches.. and expand your horizons.. I think you will be so happy that you stayed true to your desires....

I am kinda irritated.. by levels.. WTF does that actually mean?.. What about the persons heart; spirit and desire to grow and be better..... maybe I am the dreamer.. and I different ideals of what relationships mean to me.. but sheessshhh.... this makes it sound like business.. wTf.. wants a business partner as a partner.. I want someone who can step outside the box............

I have an education.. but I don't close my world off from people who don't.. the only way I wont get a person at least a small chance; if they have really bad teeth.. sorry on pnly physical vice.. all the rest of that... I won't place you in small box.. be expansive..

This just grinds my gears...LOL sorry
 girlred228
Msg: 47 (view)

Why do men seem distant?
Posted: 1/5/2010 7:24:24 PM
Cause many women.. have this relationship ideal/expectation/picture in their heads.. and after the I love you.. if they are pulling away.. it is something you are doing... either you are trying to hard or being to eager to please.. I don't know.. what are you doiung?..LOL... are you a confident woman that puts her needs first?.. are you a woman that is honest and upfront about your expectations.. if so.. you wouldn't go through this.. cause either they will be there.. or they will be not.. simple as that...
 girlred228
Msg: 7 (view)

Why would ex girlfriend keep my personal items?
Posted: 1/5/2010 7:21:20 PM
HMMM.. honestly.. she sounds as if she was looking for a payday and you gave it to her... what she is showing you.. you have your clothes.. but I want all this other stuff for putting up with you.. sounds crappy.. I wouldn't do it.. but there are some ruthless people out here.. if she was a nice person.. no matter what happened.. she wouldn't do you this way... she would give your belongings and act like an adult..

Many people are not adults.. I think learning about people is hard, because you never know who they are really are...people have many layers.. but finding out this way has to suck... I am sorry.. I hope you can rectify this,...
 girlred228
Msg: 15 (view)

Convenient Relationships
Posted: 12/10/2009 8:55:28 AM
I think everyone has summed this up accurately. The problem is you OP... like you said you are difficult.. and you not willing to take relationship risks... so you are getting exactly what you put into it... next to nothing... and finding something wrogn with every woman you come in contact with is a reflection of you..you are looking for reasons not to do anything.. the effort you are putting is haphazzard.. so you may as well not do anything like you said. The only common denominator is you. Look in the mirror and get honest with yourself.. stay with convenient because right now you are not about exposing your vulnerable side.. stay safe and stay unsatisfied.

MY twopennies..
 girlred228
Msg: 137 (view)

why do men always have to look at other women!!
Posted: 12/3/2009 8:49:24 AM
Cause they have eyes... and that is what they are for.. I look at other guys.. who cares if he looks ... are women that insecure?... I guess so.. too bad.. glad I am not...
 girlred228
Msg: 12 (view)

Help! I don't want to break his heart
Posted: 12/1/2009 9:38:45 AM
LOL.. damn girl... LOL.. that is all I can say.. I posted earlier... so I am just saying to say.. Damn GIRL...LOL
 girlred228
Msg: 2 (view)

Help! I don't want to break his heart
Posted: 11/30/2009 6:38:53 PM
LOL... men always say we don't know what we want...LOL ....thanks ... OP

Well if you didn;t like him from the beginning you should never lied to yourself.. now you have to face this situation cause you created it..

WOMAN up.. let the man go and find someone who wants him... because I think you made it clear that you don;t... don't be one of those people who don't want the guy, but don't want anyone to have him.. so you keep him around.. RELEASE this fish back into the ocean.
 girlred228
Msg: 11 (view)

I m still confused with my ex's decision
Posted: 10/30/2009 3:02:01 PM
OP.. you are a beautiful strong woman.. I am glad you accepted his decision.. you are saving yourself years and years of heartache. Tell him thank you for that. He will continue to have these problems.. because HE is the problem.. not everything outside of him.. Good Riddence...
 girlred228
Msg: 4 (view)

How to trust someone ater they left and want back
Posted: 10/19/2009 2:02:59 PM
I think GTO said it best... it is about the respect you have for yourself and you exude.
I have faith in people, but after the trust is broken; It has to be earned again. Please don't be in a rush to jump back into the relationship..

Learn more about you and what you need and require from yourself and then a relationship. This will help you in most aspects of your life. Get to know yourself and allow yourself time to expand. Being healthy and happy with who you are is a rare comodity; wouldn't you like to be one of those?
 girlred228
Msg: 24 (view)

Starting Over and Over Again
Posted: 10/14/2009 12:57:57 PM
Sounds like he hit the nail on the head for himself. He needs to focus more on himself.. I mean realistically you are meeting "The One" every year... taking your time to not rush; to see if the person is really who they say they are; takes time. Maybe you are in love with being in love. Take some time; like you have said you would and be true to yourself... figure you out. Then pursue what you need at the time.
 girlred228

Should you still see someone even if they lied to you on the 1st date?
Posted: 10/12/2009 4:39:05 PM
Generalities will get you nowhere.. all women don't lie about their age... I am 40 and get asked all the time.. about it.. because I am not sure how old I look... but people ask me all the time are the pics recent.. UHHH>> yeah.. they are...
 girlred228
Msg: 10 (view)

Should you still see someone even if they lied to you on the 1st date?
Posted: 10/12/2009 4:27:50 PM
And you gotta ask.. she lied about everything.. and if you buy into this.. just open yourself up for more lies... and lies and lies...
 girlred228
Msg: 35 (view)

Not such a sweet transvestite!
Posted: 10/12/2009 11:44:55 AM
WOW... what waste of time and emotion... he evidently likes trannies or crossdressers more. Has she ever thought about that she is just a guise for his friends family.. parents or any of that? She set herself up for this. I think she should cut her losses now.. she is opening herself up for more and more hurt... Poor girl.. one thing you should always do.. is be real with yourself... be honest.. .. I honestly believe that she knew that she didn't like the fact that he was a tranny.. but she went with anyway.. GOD only knows why. .. She settled for something that made her uncomfy from the start but she chose to ignore it. Never ignore your desires.. no one can take care of you ..like you do...
 girlred228
Msg: 18 (view)

Dating a 27 yo girl for several months but she won't have sex
Posted: 10/11/2009 9:02:31 PM
I hate to say it... but maybe you are paying for some other guys mistakes.. and she made him wait 6 months and he dumped her. That could be it... I think she may feel that is all you want... ever talk to her about it... Be real and honest about it....

So you thinking you paid your dues and it is time for her to give in?.. and are you only giving oral sex to get it? She didn't ask you to go down her did she? ..So, how is she beign selfish?.. She doesn't owe you because you gave it to her. Man, just talk to her and ask her.
 girlred228

After talking for a while, you decide to meet poof the spark is gone...
Posted: 10/11/2009 8:56:26 PM
I meant not the real person...
 girlred228
Msg: 3 (view)

After talking for a while, you decide to meet poof the spark is gone...
Posted: 10/11/2009 8:55:50 PM
Ok let me clarify what I was saying... When meeting online.. you don't really get to know the person..YOu know the online person.. the real person... you have these expectations you build inside your head and when the person you meet or doesn't live up to them.. So, Yes, the spark goes away... because what you built in your head the other person didn't meet those expecations. It is unfair to each of you.. go into it.. just wanting to meet a new person.. NOt the love of yourlife.
 girlred228

Whay do guys says they just want to date as friends after they meet you?
Posted: 10/11/2009 8:47:12 PM
I would prefer friends first... I want to get to know the guy make sure he is some serial killer.. just like he would want to get to know me... I have had a couple of guys who wnated to be friends, but wanted the benefits.... I asked the questions.. "What benefits are those"... they said possibly sex.. LOL.. I just laughed.. and I rejected the offer.. they didn't want to be friends then... so proceed with caution..
 girlred228
Msg: 11 (view)

Instant bed partner?
Posted: 10/11/2009 8:21:27 PM
Not enough info to make an informed synopsis, but I will try. From my experience.. if you meet a guy online.. oftentimes.. not all; that somewhere in the first few convos things will turn to sex... and it depends on how you answer.. men could think you are offering and you are just talking. Women and Men enjoy sex, but men hunt for it.. maybe not intentionally, but they do. Be careful some men may be testing you to see if you would give it up on the first date... who wants to date someone who possibly gives it up to everyone on the first date. It is your body do what you want, but this is just some of the things that I have read.. and heard men say. Many times the goal is sex... the quicker they get there the quicker they can move on the next conquest.. not saying all men are like this.. but it does happen..and if you keep getting these kind of men.. what kind of energy are you putting out there?
 girlred228
Msg: 54 (view)

What to do when you meet an amazing man that is commitment phobic!
Posted: 10/10/2009 1:34:50 PM
I think that is the problem with women.. we have the man fitted for his tux.. in a matter of months.. there is no way.. you could possibly know that this is all true about him.. if you jsut met him.. he might have just brought his "A" game.. just like women do... when first getting to know someone..

Relax.. enjoy the ride... he seems perfect and he might be.. but prolly not.. so just relax and enjoy the ride....
 girlred228

Why do people always want more pics , even tho you already have like a million on your profile
Posted: 10/8/2009 10:50:18 AM
You know I have had this experience too... Men ask for many many pictures and they only have one... I think it is funny.. I just tell them when they catch up to amount I have then we can go from there... I am just a firm believer in this situation you get what you give... Not a big deal , but a big deal.. if you are concerned about what I look like .. shouldn't I have the same concern?
 girlred228
Msg: 13 (view)

What do I do with this??
Posted: 10/6/2009 11:28:17 AM
He is just showing you .. what you would be in for... tell him thanks but no thanks..
 girlred228
Msg: 17 (view)

Would This Offend You?
Posted: 10/6/2009 11:26:08 AM
Now this is funny.. all I can do is laugh.. girrrrrrrrrrlllllllllllllllllll....LOL
 girlred228

You're Just Not That Into Her -!
Posted: 10/5/2009 3:41:53 PM
People think my pictures are older.. but they are not.. I am actually 40 years old they were taken this year.. and I have more.. but when people lie they are only lying to themselves.. and if you continue to date them.. expect more of that..
 girlred228

Do I have grounds to hate my dad's wife?
Posted: 10/5/2009 10:06:56 AM
OP.. it is your natural instincts to want to protect your dad. She caught him when he was vulnerable... he was with your mom many many years.. and he doesn't know what ti is like to be alone.. this woman probably saw this vulnerable person and just went with it. Your poor dad.. he is going to pay more than you know.. but the only thing you can do.. is allow him.. his own experiences... and when things really start to go awry.. you will see it.. this just sounds soo flaky to me...but just let your dad do his thing.. I don't know what to do to tell to protect his assets... Hang in there OP.. the poo poo will hit the fan, but in the mean time just back off...

girlred
 girlred228

Can a married man fall out of love if he has been married 2 years/
Posted: 10/2/2009 11:45:25 AM
NOT enough info to make a completely informed synopsis... but this doesn;t sound like a deep connected relationship.. sounds as if he used you to maybe make her jealous... but remember Karma is a b..tch... and if he did use you.. his will come again.. there is a way to handle these situations.. like taking yoru time.. before jumping into marriage.. and if you did.. I am sorry.. but then somethung was missing from the relationship.. and that is sad.. that people marry knowing that they can get divorced.. or lie to themselves... man this is making my head hurt...LOL
 girlred228
Msg: 59 (view)

She is barely legal, He is 48
Posted: 10/1/2009 1:38:24 PM
I know a couple who are like this.., he got with her when she was 18.. she already had a kid.. and he is a successful person.. makes a bunch of money.. a few years down the road he is having some medical problems and she cheats on him anytime she can.. she doesn't want him.. but doesn't want anyone else to have him.. so she went back to him.. but she spent $88,000 bucks on stuff.. who knows what it was... she will leave again.. she is only back for her stability...but she admits that she doesn't love in the way she should...so this is how most of these relationships end up...

This other one she is 25.. and he is 55... he is abusive to her.. emotionally and physically... and he constantly mistreats her... Telling her she is stupid and all that stuff.. but she stays...at first she used to feed his ego.. she got pregnant.. and I think outta depression she started to eat and got fat.. his ex-wife told her.. girl he is not a nice guy.. I am warning you don't get involved with him... and you know she jsut thought.. oh she was just jealous.. she found out quickly that is was not true..

There are reasons these men choose younger.. so they vary...good luck to anyone who does it..
 girlred228
Msg: 109 (view)

What do you do when your EX-GF callls after 14 months?
Posted: 9/27/2009 3:51:02 PM
OP... I say.. just proceed with caution. Everyone has an opinion of what they will do.. when it is not them.. so I will say this... be true to yourself and do what you feel is right. I think people go through things and learn to appreciate a person from the past. She is human and she made some mistakes. So allow her many many many months of proving her truth to you. She seems like a lil bit of adrenaline junkie... and she likes the honeymoon phase of things.. if this is who she is.... and this is who she is.. she may never settle that part of herself... but you don't have to be a victim of it. I say just don't overly invest yourself.. until she has proven worthy of your loyalty. I say do what you feel is right... for YOU.. proceed with caution... Chemisty is something that is usually hard to find.. she had to see that the hard way as well. Yeah I do believe she thought the grass was greener... but people can be some serious manipulators... I just say be careful.. and Have fun while you do it.
 girlred228
Msg: 5 (view)

why do guys keep u hanging on instead of ending it?
Posted: 9/26/2009 12:53:37 PM
Well why don't you end it... that will solve all the problems of you trying to figure out what is going on?
 girlred228

why do guys keep u hanging on instead of ending it?
Posted: 9/26/2009 12:50:53 PM
YOu teach people how to treat you... by calling him and texting him.. what did that teach him?.. that you would chase when him when he doesn;t do anything. Confrontation does sound so negative... yeah I think men don't deal with emotions well .. that is why men don't like to deal with it... leave the man alone.. give him a chance to man up and tell you what is going on. The thing is.. you invested way too much to early before you knew what you were getting?.. how can you be in love in 6 weeks.. I know it can happen.. but is it real and true at that point? I had more to say but the phone rang....LOL so I lost my train of thought
 girlred228

False pretences
Posted: 9/26/2009 12:27:13 PM
I think people get back together all the time and it works... but I think many people rush into the relationships and not resolve the issues that caused the breakup... and that is where the problem lies.. not that people can;t do it.. but people are afraid to look at what is wrong with themselves.. looking in the mirror I would say... afraid to be who they are... so they manipulate to get what they want only to lose it again because it was not built on anything geuine and real..
 girlred228
Msg: 8 (view)

how do you choose when your a 6?
Posted: 9/21/2009 2:09:34 PM
Who has told you ..you are a 6? Sounds like a self esteem issue... if you don't think you are value and beautiful who else will. Beauty is in all things. Anyway.. I wouldn't reduce myself to a number... you are better than that.. please believe that within yourself.
 girlred228
Msg: 44 (view)

Exploring relationship, okay to mesage others?
Posted: 9/16/2009 6:11:00 PM
One foot in.. One foot out... just in case.. .. why are you doing it?.. Just seems kinda contradictory... get to know the lady while .. exploring.. nothing wrong with that as long as you tell her...
 girlred228
Msg: 42 (view)

I need mature advice on restarting a relationship.
Posted: 9/16/2009 9:10:02 AM
OP.. I feel for you.. you obviously love this man. There is nothing wrong with loving him. Right now this is too volatile. He has to show you that he is wprthy of you. Moving to fast is what gets people into trouble. Being overzealous to jump in is what hurts these types of situations most. He has to show you that he can be what you need this time. There was not enough time lapsed for him to show you that. That is one of the reasons you are feeling this way.

Instead of him taking a step back... you take it a lil slower; allow him to show you completely who he is. Don't be in a rush; time reveals all. If you handle this right.. you can have what you want. But since it has only been a month; you seem to invested too much too quickly. Remember he lied to you... Everyone lies.. there is no excuse and you are not supposed to accept that.. but you have shown him that his lies are ok.. How do you fix that? If he cares the way he says he does.. he should be willing to do whatever it takes; but if you allow him back in too quickly you will get disappointed.. TAKE YOUR TIME>.... is the best advice. all the good things before the lies and breakup... they don't count.
 girlred228
Msg: 29 (view)

Married. So Why Is My Home Not His Home?
Posted: 9/11/2009 12:58:36 PM
Sorry this just sounds very difficult. I know you love tis man, but it seems this man is utterly confused and so are you. I think you should take a step back to figure out if this is good for you or not. I red yoru other post about the marijuana. These just all seem like excuses to me. Misery loves company seems as if that is what his mother is doing. Manipulating him. Don;t you allow yourself to manipulated in the mean time. He seems as if he is sabotage mode. But the only way you will find out.. is stop trying to find out. Let some time lapse. Stop pressing. give yourself some place. At this moment don't try to keep something that doesn't want to be kept.
 girlred228
Msg: 41 (view)

Going To Tell My Girlfriend It Is Over
Posted: 9/3/2009 11:42:32 AM
Now this is my opinion... This just seems like an excuse; because you don't want to tell her the real problem in the relationship. I am sure you do have to look after your niece and nephew, but they seem to be teenagers... so most things they can do dor themselves. You just don't want to be with her in general because from what you saying she really doesn't want to be with you either. So be honest with her and tell her that relationship no longer works for you.
 girlred228

what is on his mind
Posted: 8/30/2009 7:06:21 PM
I am not trying to be mean.. I really wanted to help you with this, but it is not coherent enough. cCould you try rephrasing or something? Please
 girlred228

Will he be back?
Posted: 8/30/2009 6:28:00 PM
Yeah he probably will, but the question is what are you going to do when eh does come back? Fall back into this same trap? I hope not. If he is as great as you think..let him to continue to lead and show you were he is going... make him show you that he wants to be with you and not just get the goodies,

By the way closure is a gift you give yourself. No one can give you that.. Closure is the last ditch effort for the person to try to convince the other person that they shouldn't be doing this. (breaking up because you are great for them and vice versa). let this be.. stop texting him. Leave him alone. You are showing him that you accept the scraps that he is giving you. If it is not enough show him that is not and leave him alone.

My 2 pennies
 girlred228
Msg: 17 (view)

Can a person kiss with dentures?
Posted: 8/27/2009 1:48:39 PM
"My husband had dentures yes he coukd kiss he could eat as well am in not talking pizza".

I have always wanted to try this...LOL.. I have heard that about men with dentures.. man OHHHH Man....LOL
 girlred228
Msg: 5 (view)

Eight year age gap ok?
Posted: 8/26/2009 7:20:34 PM
Man if you want the woman go get her. the best thing you can show any person man or woman... is genuine interest. Age gap means nothing. Do what men do.. go get the woman if u want her.
 girlred228
Msg: 7 (view)

either girls are being very picky or my profile smells?
Posted: 8/20/2009 4:51:43 PM
First of all .. You are 20 and when I was a 20 year old girl; I didn;'t know who I liked what I liked at all. So you are going to have to man up and initiate more contact. I think at your age you play video games and stuff is natural. I would correct your punctuation and capital letters in their proper places. But like I said man up and initiate contact with girls that you are interested in.
 girlred228

Five months, 0 Dates!
Posted: 8/20/2009 4:12:13 PM
I think you are a adorable, but change your first pic. You could probably tell me the same thing, but you asked and I didn't. LOL.. Now let's get down to it. You put on your profile about getting you MA in Psychology; you know what that reads to me; girl repellent because EVERYONE has some issues and they think they are going to under the micro/telescope. I would remove that and show more of your personality and not your laundry lists. I think they are funny, but many people won't see the humor in it.

My pennie and a half...
 girlred228
Msg: 18 (view)

You forgive but can you forget?
Posted: 8/4/2009 7:54:20 AM
OP,,,, What I think in this situation; you feel as something was done to you; if they cheated; they cheated themselves; if they lie.. they lie to themselves. You are taking on some of the responbility of their actions. It is not your responsiblity. Accept what has been done and don't beat yourself up beause it is not your fault. Not even close. I think this is what happens.. "How could they do this to ME'".. I promise those things are never about the other person. These things are about the person who is commiting the acts. You know the old saying; "True character is what you do when no one is watching" This is a question of the guys character; that is it. Has nothing to do with you. You are good enough and worthy; all those other things. He is not worthy of you or himself because there is definitely some issues with honesty (within himself)... So take this as a grain of salt. Get your lesson in this and grow from it.

My 2 pennies
 girlred228

Was he playing with me or was he true?
Posted: 7/30/2009 3:37:12 PM
He was playing you. He was just trying to escape from his reality of life and used you to do so.

I have a policy when it comes to dating; online and otherwise. Never over invest yourself with someone who is not doing the same. Online dating is a good avenue to meet someone, but take everything with a grain if salt until they show you something different. I am sorry that it took so long for you to see this, but he was playing games from the beginning. You seemed vulnerable and insecure about being able to trust. For some reason trolls sense that in people. Be careful about the energy and desperation that you put out.

I couldn't read that whole thing was making my head hurt. What it did show me that you are way to invested in a long distance online relationship

My pennies worth..
 girlred228
Msg: 2 (view)

Do women want a man who works alot?
Posted: 5/25/2009 2:56:48 PM
Maybe you should postpone dating until you are in a position to put energy into a relationship. Relationships should be a priority. Your ex didn't like it and most women won't. Well most people won't; men either. At this time you couldn't actually nuture a relationship. Find some friends until you can invest; I think that is a wiser option.

Just my humble opinion

Show ALL Forums