Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: 15 Year Old Boy Rapes Autistic Woman In Broad Daylight
 designingwoman
Msg: 44 (view)

15 Year Old Boy Rapes Autistic Woman In Broad Daylight
Posted: 2/2/2010 5:40:29 PM
True. That's why locking up these kinds of people when they are young protects us from their perversions. Rape IS a violent crime, and it affects the victim for the rest of his or her life. So to me the only fair punishment is being locked up for good.
 designingwoman
Msg: 123 (view)

Those Christian men
Posted: 2/2/2010 5:37:14 PM
Outdoor2, I second you on that--we are one human family! AMEN
 designingwoman
Msg: 519 (view)

Abortion Doctor Finially Killed...
Posted: 2/2/2010 5:34:57 PM
Very true, Amoangelus. I look at the whole picture of life. I believe that to be truly pro life, one must also oppose the death penalty, not want to kill a person for any reason except self defense, hunt only to eat, and care about children after they are born. A genuine pro lifer would also support life affirming laws such as taking care of our environment (after all our Earth sustains our very lives!), and programs to help children already born, especially ones born to poor parents. Supporting good neonatal care for poor moms is also pro life, and life sustaining. Supporting Head Start so that children have a good start in life is another important element. Not supporting wars that are against our country's interest is also a good pro life stand.

The ultimate in hypocrisy is to preach about pro life and then murder someone. We may not like what the abortionist does for a living, but no one has a right to take his life!
 designingwoman
Msg: 147 (view)

legalized marijuana...a possible American reality?
Posted: 1/31/2010 2:02:42 PM
Medical marijuana should be legalized in all 50 states to alleviate the suffering of those who need it. Sometimes it's the only thing that helps a cancer patient get through chemo, for example.

As for driving under the influence of marijuana that should remain illegal even if pot becomes legalized. It only makes sense. Alcohol is legal, but it's illegal to drive drunk.

If someone wants to get stoned or drunk at home that's their business. But doing out in public, or driving like that is not good! One of my pet peeves is drunks who puke all over. At least with pot people don't puke all over as a result. I"d rather visit a friend who smokes medical marijuana or even enjoys a joint on occasion as opposed to someone who will get drunk, act stupid and puke.
 designingwoman
Msg: 41 (view)

School Bans the Dictionary
Posted: 1/31/2010 1:57:55 PM
Banning the dictionary??? Now that is the ultimate in stupidity
 designingwoman
Msg: 43 (view)

Sure glad I don't have a Toyota!
Posted: 1/31/2010 1:56:28 PM
I have a Toyota and am not satisfied with it. The Yaris is too small and lightweight to handle bad weather.

I miss my Saab (saab story!!) seriously, that car was heavy, it had a winter driving computer, anti lock brakes and handled VERY well in the snow. It saved my hide many times in bad weather. I will get another Saab when it comes time to get rid of the Yaris. Hopefully before next winter
 designingwoman
Msg: 38 (view)

15 Year Old Boy Rapes Autistic Woman In Broad Daylight
Posted: 1/31/2010 1:50:50 PM
The punk should be locked up and put away for the rest of its life with NO chance for parole. I am sick of seeing rapists and murderers getting off so easily, sometimes after just a few years and then going out and doing it again. Locking these slimeballs up at the VERY first offense with no chance of parole at ALL, will help keep people like that young woman from experiencing the horror of rape.

One strike and you're OUT is what the law should be for these violent thugs.
 designingwoman
Msg: 16 (view)

Health Care Cost Increases
Posted: 1/31/2010 1:36:13 PM
California voted in a new single payer program. The Massachusetts program is not a single payer system, instead it uses private insurance.

Private insurance companies do not work as well as Medicare for making sure healthcare is provided.

I think people should be able to buy into Medicare regardless of age, income or health status. This choice being made available can easily be funded through the premiums paid by younger and more affluent enrollees. People can still use private insurance, as a secondary insurance as they do now with Medigap.

Good health to all who read this
 designingwoman
Msg: 80 (view)

What is going to happen to/in America?
Posted: 1/13/2010 5:06:20 PM
Once we kick all the Republicans out of office, America will be stronger, safer, healthier, happier and a better nation for it. The Republicans are a cancer eating away at America and her future with tax cuts for the rich, deregulation of banking which led to the crisis, and going against anything that helps the environment, the poor, the elderly, the sick, students, veterans or anyone else in need.
 designingwoman
Msg: 78 (view)

Those Christian men
Posted: 1/13/2010 5:01:25 PM
Many Christian men exemplify what Christ taught. A great example is Jimmy Carter, a man I consider an American hero because of the many things he has accomplished in his life, including founding Habitat for Humanity and being honest during his Presidency when it would have been very tempting to lie.

Unfortunately there are many others out there who are more like a . I have a relative who calls himself a "born again" Christian, but I do not consider him a Christian because his bigotry and hatred against his fellow human beings (namely gay and lesbian people) is so blatant, and un-Christian. I find his attitude revolting, and not Christlike at all. Of course those crazy televangelists are anything BUT Christian.

I've found that alot of genuine Christians don't spout out that they are Christians but live as Christ taught.
 designingwoman
Msg: 109 (view)

Star Trek-Trekkies-geeks or not?
Posted: 12/4/2009 8:44:16 PM
I thought the latest Trek movie was fantastic. I especially liked the young Dr. McCoy, Spock and Kirk.

As for Voyager, that series was what changed me from a preppie to a geek. One night, I was looking for something interesting to watch on TV. I didn't see anything remotely interesting until I saw Star Trek: Voyager listed. I didn't even KNOW there were other versions of Star Trek! I did watch some reruns of the original series when I was in high school and liked it well enough then so I thought Voyager would be worth a watch. Well, I was hooked! Next thing I knew I was watching it every chance I had and discovered the other Trek series. I found a gold mine of great entertainment, with movies, TV episodes, novels, and social groups centered around Trek to boot! I have to say I like all of the different series for different reasons.

I have no clue when it comes to the technical specs of various ships, but I just love the characters and the storylines from all the versions of Trek. I don't care one way or the other if someone calls me a Trekkie or a Trekker. I call myself a Trek fan.

I am so glad that I was bored that one night and looking for something interesting on TV. The result: many wonderful friends, more involvement in the community and much more interesting choices of entertainment than those boring "reality shows"!

Live Long and Prosper!!
Qapla'!!

DW
 designingwoman
Msg: 37 (view)

Don't Smoke Around Your Apple.
Posted: 11/29/2009 7:07:35 PM
To me it's just an excuse to weasel their way out of the warranty.

I agree with the above poster that changing the rules like that is a bad business model.

I'll just go ahead and smoke my stogie while enjoying the use of my Dell.
 designingwoman
Msg: 56 (view)

Hardest profession to date?
Posted: 11/28/2009 7:14:57 PM
I would have a problem with dating a lawyer who does things that go against my values, such as helping with union-busting or helping a company to get away with polluting a river. But if a lawyer simply helps with real estate transactions or similar such paperwork, I would not have a problem with that. I would actually love to meet a guy who is a labor lawyer who stands up for the working man and woman , or does work to promote the same progressive values that I hold dear in my heart.

Profession means zip in my book. I won't date a conservative of ANY profession!
 designingwoman
Msg: 18 (view)

Reality TV Nation: State Dinner Interlopers, Balloon Boy, Wasilla Hillbillies...
Posted: 11/28/2009 6:54:17 PM
Where4, thank you for adding that info about Joe the Plumber, another right wing goofball The likes of the Palins, Joe the Plumber, that jerk governor in SC who mouthed off about family values yet was caught in an affair, etc make the stars of "Dumb and Dumber" look smart
 designingwoman
Msg: 83 (view)

Is this a Hate Crime ?
Posted: 11/27/2009 7:10:52 PM
Yes, yanking the lady's hijab was a hate crime, and despicable at that. Nuff said.
 designingwoman
Msg: 14 (view)

Reality TV Nation: State Dinner Interlopers, Balloon Boy, Wasilla Hillbillies...
Posted: 11/27/2009 7:09:06 PM
Sarah Palin and her family make the Osbourne family look civilized
 designingwoman
Msg: 47 (view)

Texting while driving: Should it be a crime?
Posted: 11/26/2009 8:23:37 PM
TXTNG WHL DRVNG IS STPD!
 designingwoman
Msg: 23 (view)

Don't Smoke Around Your Apple.
Posted: 11/26/2009 8:22:30 PM
So that means I can't enjoy smoking a stogie while working on a graphics project??? Hmmm, aw that's no fun
 designingwoman
Msg: 53 (view)

anybody have a job?
Posted: 11/26/2009 8:21:05 PM
On this Thanksgiving day, I must give thanks that I have an excellent job, enjoy my work and am fortunate to have a job that not only pays the bills but is also meaningful. I hope that everyone reading this will soon find a great job.

I know so many people who are out of work and still trying to find work. Regardless of your political views, I think we need to take a look back in history to FDR and how he dealt with the Depression. Work Progress Administration was an excellent idea then that worked well to "prime the pump" so to speak. We need to bring back the WPA. Our roads and infrastructure need help and there is much to be done in terms of environmental cleanups, just for starters.

designingwoman
Msg: 3 (view)

thanksgiving as we age and times change....
Posted: 11/26/2009 8:14:35 PM
Changing times: My mother always made a beautiful lemon meringue pie for Thanksgiving. Sadly, she now has Alzheimer's and cannot cook or bake because of her struggles with short term memory. Fortunately I was able to bring her to our cousins' house to enjoy Thanksgiving. We had a great time.

Times changing: I baked the lemon meringue pie for the very first time last night, and everyone who tried it was very pleased with how it came out. So the torch gets passed on.....

Happy Thanksgiving all!
DW
 designingwoman
Msg: 25 (view)

Racism........... Really?
Posted: 7/20/2009 5:52:15 PM
Some people are so book smart that they are dumb when it comes to real life.
 designingwoman
Msg: 27 (view)

F Bomb
Posted: 7/20/2009 5:50:37 PM
I like how Battlestar Galactica's characters use "frack" instead.

A couple of years ago a friend showed me a picture of a city sign for Frackville, Pennsylvania!!
 designingwoman
Msg: 58 (view)

Is my daughter a Dork?
Posted: 7/18/2009 5:30:58 PM
Hopefully she won't be the reverse of my life story--the reverse would be a dork turned snooty yuppie.

Well, in my case, in high school I was that alligator shirt wearing preppie who would have laughed at anyone who is into Star Trek or wore outfits to conventions. Fast forward twenty years later, and I am now a huge Star Trek fan! And admittedly somewhat geeky. But yes, I still play golf, wear alligator shirts and enjoy the beach! As a result I have a life full of so many different friends and enjoy all of it from the beach to Trek conventions. I admit freely that I've become a much better person since getting involved in Star Trek fan activities.

I hope that she always stays comfortable in her own skin and develops alot of different interests. It's fun to have alot of interests--I don't know what boredom means. I have no concept of it.

May she live long and prosper!!
 designingwoman
Msg: 444 (view)

Abortion Doctor Finially Killed...
Posted: 7/18/2009 5:25:19 PM
It is not "pro life" to murder someone! Nuff said
 designingwoman
Msg: 65 (view)

Michael Jackson memorial cost LA $1.4 million
Posted: 7/18/2009 5:22:02 PM
I would think that Billy Joel or Bob Seger would deserve such a tribute when they do pass away, hopefully not for a very long time. Those two men are more talented and their music is classic!
 designingwoman
Msg: 12 (view)

Vin Numbers of cars
Posted: 7/18/2009 5:20:35 PM
If a Toyota is Japanese made the VIN begins with a "J". If it's made here in the good old US of A, it has a different letter, I forget what it is now.
 designingwoman
Msg: 34 (view)

Left or right handed or both?
Posted: 7/18/2009 5:19:05 PM
I am right handed, but am very much to the left politically

For close up work I am right eye dominant and for distance vision I am left eye dominated!
 designingwoman
Msg: 35 (view)

Have the seeds of Fascism been planted in America?
Posted: 3/18/2009 5:11:20 PM
Bush and its minions have definitely brought on fascism to our country and have made a huge mess of things.

I feel bad for President Obama who has to fix the mess that Bush left behind. No BushLover made an excellent response. Very good points!!
 designingwoman
Msg: 19 (view)

Republican leader defends AIG bonuses
Posted: 3/18/2009 5:03:55 PM
I think the AIG bonuses are despicable and a waste of taxpayers' money, and any Republican "leader" who defends them should be thrown the h*** out of office!

Rush Limpuke is nothing but a sick, dirty, vile and disgusting windbag that is a waste of perfectly good energy.
 designingwoman
Msg: 42 (view)

Star Trek 11 in may, new trailer!!!
Posted: 3/18/2009 5:02:23 PM
I am definitely looking forward to seeing it. Star Trek has been my favorite for quite some time, and the new Enterprise looks so cool!
 designingwoman
Msg: 6 (view)

its time for the military to go on strike
Posted: 3/18/2009 4:59:29 PM
AMEN, NoBushLover.

Private health insurance companies are very greedy and would stop at nothing to deny a suffering veteran the care he or she richly deserves for having served our country.

designingwoman
Msg: 11 (view)

Earliest childhood memory?
Posted: 1/16/2009 5:52:41 PM
I remember sitting down in front of the TV at age 3 and watching the first moon landing. No wonder I like space, science and Star Trek
 designingwoman
Msg: 9 (view)

Battlestar Galactic Season 3 - Turning Up the Tension
Posted: 1/16/2009 5:45:47 PM
What the frack? There's a town in Pennsylvania named Frackville!!
 designingwoman
Msg: 28 (view)

Palin attacks media
Posted: 1/14/2009 7:24:55 PM
A fruit fly is SMARTER than Sarah Palin
 designingwoman
Msg: 347 (view)

FREE Federalized Health Care
Posted: 1/12/2009 4:08:22 PM
I hope that Obama can get HR 676 passed, or at least give people the chance to opt out of private health care and opt in to a government plan. If enough opt in to the government choice, perhaps we can finally see the private health insurance industry die a slow death as people opt out in droves!!!
 designingwoman
Msg: 203 (view)

Abortion & Politics
Posted: 1/12/2009 4:05:14 PM
Eman 101 is someone I would call a genuine pro-lifer. Someone who is against BOTH abortion and the death penalty is TRULY pro life in my book

Not enough is said about the value of adoption as an alternative to abortion. Also, we need to do more for children who are already born.
 designingwoman
Msg: 81 (view)

being gay - genetic or social
Posted: 1/12/2009 3:57:15 PM
Hi David,

Thank you for expressing your opinion in a polite and thoughtful way.

Well well well, we can see who has no sense of humor! Mackow's name is ripe for jokes And what he says is far from the truth.
 designingwoman

Life on Other Planets? YES????
Posted: 1/10/2009 7:41:17 PM
Water has oxygen in it. Hello????
 designingwoman
Msg: 79 (view)

Posted: 1/10/2009 7:37:37 PM
Mackow? Sounds more like mad cow What a sick jerk!

Or should I call him Wackow?

You know something, I bet he was bullied constantly when he was a kid because of his weird name. So he now bullies against gay people. Makes perfect sense to me!!
 designingwoman

Palin attacks media
Posted: 1/10/2009 7:23:26 PM
Palin's reading material: "See Spot run."

There are plenty of good women who would make good candidates: Gov. Kathleen Sebelius of Kansas, Sen. Barbara Boxer, D-California, Rep. Nita Lowey, D-NY, Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine (too liberal for the right wing wackos, though!!), Sen. Olympia Snowe, R-Maine (also too liberal and too NORMAL for the party of Palin). Gov. Janet Napolitano (Arizona) would be good someday, too.
 designingwoman
Msg: 41 (view)

Life on Other Planets
Posted: 1/8/2009 6:31:57 PM
There could well be other life forms on other planets. The universe is HUGE. We don't have to worry about meeting "aliens" though because the interstellar distances are just too great to make it possible to travel between the stars. I am not sure that we can get around space easily like they do in the "Star Trek" stories. I love Star Trek, but I also realize that realistically, it is highly unlikely that a human will meet a person from another planet. Although I have met my share of people who are wacky enough to seem like they are from other planets
 designingwoman
Msg: 73 (view)

Posted: 1/8/2009 6:27:53 PM
Genetic. People are born with their sexual orientation. From early childhood Iknew I liked looking at men thus I was born heterosexual. So it would stand to reason that gay folks are born that way.
 designingwoman
Msg: 76 (view)

Concerning the Nature of God.
Posted: 1/8/2009 6:26:34 PM
God is the force of energy that triggered the Big Bang, thus creating us all.
 designingwoman
Msg: 48 (view)

Designer Apparel. Turn on or Turn Off?
Posted: 1/8/2009 6:24:24 PM
Talking endlessly about fashion is boooooorrringggggg!

That's more of a turnoff than wearing designer clothing or using designer bags in of itself. Finding the bargain is more fun
 designingwoman

Things you dislike but can't live without?
Posted: 1/8/2009 6:20:21 PM
I can't stand banks and their special breaks for the rich (such as higher interest rates on money market accounts for people with over 100K) while they screw the poor by charging fees for going below the minimum balance As much as I hate the banking industry, it's safer to keep my money in the bank, and better to write checks to pay my bills.

Although on the bright side, I have to say that the people who work at the local bank branches are good eggs and aren't the ones who write the rules about special breaks for the rich. I like the tellers and branch managers. for them!!
 designingwoman

Designer Apparel. Turn on or Turn Off?
Posted: 1/7/2009 6:11:11 PM
Designer clothes can be bought for much less at the clearance rack. I've bought Lilly Pulitzer jeans for $20 on clearance. But I buy alot of my clothes at Sears. So I have a mix of designer and non designer clothes that I enjoy wearing, without breaking the bank. I just wear what I like, to heck with what anyone else thinks! Nice clothes can be found at good prices if you know when and where to look.

Thanks to places like Marshall's, along with Lord & Taylor's bargain racks, even people of limited means wear designer clothing. It's not a big deal to me if someone likes designer clothing. Many people I know like them, and are good people. The person's clothes labels don't make a person's attitude. I am the same person whether I am wearing my Lilly Pulitzer jeans or my Sears turtleneck. I even mix it up !!
 designingwoman
Msg: 18 (view)

Nozzles that stop working, argh!
Posted: 1/7/2009 6:04:25 PM
I've soaked aerosol nozzles in hot water, and have been able to get them to work again. It's safer than using a lighter.

Lighter+hairspray nozzle=FOOM!!
 designingwoman
Msg: 253 (view)

Minimum Wage
Posted: 1/7/2009 6:02:32 PM
A high, living minimum wage that allows people to own homes and cars is a great way to help the economy, and bring more stability to the communities most affected by the latest downturn. Cheap labor only destroys the economy by weakening the buying power of workers, who ultimately buy companies' products. If Henry Ford was alive to see what we were doing with outsourcing and cheap pay for US workers, he would be disgusted. Good pay makes the quality of life for working families much better.
 designingwoman
Msg: 87 (view)

Do you get offended when someone says Merry Christmas?
Posted: 1/7/2009 5:58:15 PM
Of course not. I am Christian and welcome the greeting. I also don't mind being wished a happy Yule, Happy Hanukkah or even Happy Kwanzaa. We all need to enjoy our differences and different traditions.
 designingwoman
Msg: 10 (view)

Classic Cars
Posted: 1/7/2009 5:56:43 PM
I love Camaros, vintage Corvettes, Chevelles and Novas. I'm a Chevy gal!! But I also like Ford Mustangs.

Show ALL Forums