Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Am I the bad guy in this story?
 *LilacWine*
Msg: 2 (view)

Am I the bad guy in this story?
Posted: 8/26/2012 8:29:35 AM
No. You did nothing wrong. She spent time with an ex=boyfriend and broke up with you. She sounds like a drama queen that you're better off without.
 *LilacWine*
Msg: 132 (view)

so many non-religious girls whts the deal
Posted: 8/26/2012 8:25:45 AM
You may find more religious women on that dating site that starts with an "e".
 *lilacwine*
Msg: 29 (view)

anyone ever had a marriage break up cos of WOW?
Posted: 11/20/2010 5:57:36 PM

and we slipt 1 week b4 xmas. mery like hell...

I'm confused. You "slipt"? Do you mean you "slipped" or you "slept"??? Please clarify.
 *lilacwine*
Msg: 5 (view)

Will she get pregnant?
Posted: 9/7/2010 5:57:44 PM
Even if the patch was correctly applied and had not expired, there is a very, very small chance she could get pregnant. The only sure way to not become a daddy is to not have sex. Next time don't be so stupid.
 *lilacwine*
Msg: 11 (view)

is she interested?
Posted: 9/5/2010 8:50:51 PM
She sounds like a flake. It doesn't sound like she is interested in you, she's just amusing herself. Tell her thanks but no thanks, you are looking for a relationship, not friendship, and wish her good luck. Then say goodbye.
 *lilacwine*
Msg: 3 (view)

Motorcyle Pants
Posted: 9/5/2010 8:46:38 PM
You mean you are more concerned about how you look than what is the safest? The Harley types don't impress me in the least, so I for one couldn't care less what you wear. My point is, chicks who are into that probably won't care what you wear, either. I would think the leather pants would be safer.
 *lilacwine*
Msg: 16 (view)

ok soo I have this problem.
Posted: 8/19/2010 4:47:29 PM
^^^^^How cruel!
(I mean to your buddy).
 *lilacwine*
Msg: 11 (view)

please tell me there is
Posted: 8/10/2010 5:20:56 PM
Yikes, you gotta give them some breathing space.

Please tell me that there are girls out there who actually WANT to be treated like they are the only thing that matters in a guy's world?

I wouldn't want a guy who thinks I'm the only thing that matters in the world. There should be other people/things/issues that matter to you. A lot more. You are making yourself too available to them, and you seem desperate. Allow them the opportunity to miss you and wonder what you're doing. Back off a little.
 *lilacwine*
Msg: 14 (view)

What great self-control.....?
Posted: 8/10/2010 5:14:32 PM
Sounds to me like the LD girl won't be losing much.
 *lilacwine*
Msg: 4 (view)

Are most girls quick to leave a relationship for a better guy?
Posted: 8/10/2010 5:12:34 PM
Maybe their boyfriends are d!cks and they want to trade them in for better ones.
 *lilacwine*
Msg: 13 (view)

He suddenly reappeared...HUH?
Posted: 8/8/2010 12:16:23 PM
I would tell him thanks but no thanks. Obviously, the first time you were not his first choice or were not quite good enough. Now all of a sudden you are good enough after all. How can this be? You are still the same person. I don't play this game with men. As soon as he sees someone he likes more he will disappear again, trust me.
 *lilacwine*

Need A Mans Answer
Posted: 8/8/2010 12:12:18 PM
You told him that you are not interested in a FWB arrangement yet you participate in this game, which is telling him that maybe he could talk you into it. Block him.
 *lilacwine*
Msg: 8 (view)

Why only the ones with boyfriends?
Posted: 8/8/2010 12:06:22 PM
Next time it happens, why don't you just ask her?
 *lilacwine*
Msg: 7 (view)

Why do women convince their men to wear flip flops?
Posted: 8/4/2010 12:12:01 PM
Flip-flops are disgusting. Whenever I hear that schmoosh, schmuck, schlap all I can think is "Here comes a big fat smelly sweathog." They should not be worn in public -musch less in the office. I don't want to be reminded that someone's disgusting smelly feet are nearby when I hear that sound.
 *lilacwine*

I got her phone number. What now?
Posted: 8/3/2010 7:21:01 PM
Be a man. Call her.
 *lilacwine*
Msg: 12 (view)

Foot problems!
Posted: 8/2/2010 7:24:20 PM
Eeuuwww...I agree with Petunias, if they are that bad, imagine what the rest of her is like. Does the rest of her seem clean and well groomed? If so, maybe she needs to see a podiatrist, she may have some kind of disease. I don't think there is any way you can pull off the gift certificate thing. Sounds like someone with a more than just a foot problem.
 *lilacwine*
Msg: 9 (view)

I wish l didn't have feelings because then I could not hurt anymore.
Posted: 7/14/2010 5:00:17 PM
I think you should take a good look at the type of women you are chosing. What do they have in common? They are obviously not right for you. Therapy may help you learn why you seek this type woman. I highly recommend it.
 *lilacwine*

Is it difficult for me?
Posted: 7/11/2010 9:23:26 AM
I know that the prospect of leaving an unhappy relationship and being on your own is scary. I did it and have been much happier alone than in the miserable marriage. Are you affiliated with any religious group that could offer support? How about volunteering for something that is meaningful to you. When you share a common interest or goal with other people the language won't be much of a problem.
 *lilacwine*
Msg: 2 (view)

Religion
Posted: 7/11/2010 8:47:20 AM
I myself wouldn't pass up a guy based on his religion. That is a very personal thing. I am not religiuos either so I may be less judgmental than someone who is very religous. To each his own is what I believe. However, I would not date someone whose religious views lead me to believe they are mentally unstable, or whose religious practices fit my own personal idea of what a cult is. I would not want to date someone who proselytizes.
 *lilacwine*

Coach me, please: What do I do when I meet ex-BF & his GF?
Posted: 7/5/2010 8:08:40 PM
First of all, congratulations on walking away from this train wreck with what seems to be a healthy attitude. I would smile. say "Hi, how are you" in a tone of voice that indicates I couldn't care less how he is, and keep walking.
 *lilacwine*
Msg: 14 (view)

Is It just me or what ?
Posted: 7/5/2010 12:48:30 PM
After viewing your profile, I don't think the snakes are your biggest problem. You have N/A for education and appear to be only halfway literate. You have one picture of yourself with no shirt and no smile. You should go to the profile review forum and see if they can do anything for you.

Snakes belong in the jungle, not in a glass box in some trailer.
 *lilacwine*
Msg: 10 (view)

actions louder than words ???
Posted: 7/3/2010 8:02:57 AM
SHE DIDN'T SAY HE WAS THE ONE WHO WAS NEEDY. You guys have all wasted space on her thread because you misunderstood what she said. She said that she told him the guy in her PREVIOUS relationship was needy and that she didn't like it when PREVIOUS guys had called her "babe"," honey", etc. NOT THIS GUY.

This just serves to illustrate how things get misunderstood and that people need to stop trying to have relationships via texting and Facebook. This is what children do. Put the damn thing away and TALK to each other. Did you have sex with this guy, after just a few weeks? Big mistake. You tried to rush in too soon. After a few weeks you are just beginning to get to know each other. It is too soon to meet family and friends and consider yourselves a couple. You've blown it with this guy. You've run him off. Learn from your mistakes.
 *lilacwine*

Do women feel they don't have to per-sue after making contact?
Posted: 6/28/2010 6:14:50 PM
OP, the word is "pursue". I may be old fashioned, but in all of the animal kingdom, the male does the pursuing. I didn't think men liked to be pursued. Whenever I tried it it didn't work. So I don't pursue men anymore. I don't want anyone that has to be chased down.
 *lilacwine*

Okay, What is a head game?
Posted: 6/26/2010 4:27:33 PM
Generally it refers to manipulative behavior such as stringing one woman along while you are actively pursuing or thinking about pursuing another, keeping her on the back burner in case your number 1 choice doesn't work out, telling her you'll be more available "some day" so she should wait for you, trying to make her jealous. Both sexes do this.
 *lilacwine*
Msg: 17 (view)

Did I really screw it up?
Posted: 6/26/2010 4:06:24 PM
I think you are overthinking this. I don't think you offended her when you left that night, she kept in contact with you. If were her and I was offended, I either would have ceased all contact with you or I would have let you have it verbally. She knew she was leaving for the summer, so the timing was just bad. Really,since she is overseas, there is nothing else you can do but BE just friends.

So what are you going to do? Sit around all summer waiting for her? Do NOT do that. Date some other girls, and if you haven't met someone els you like by the time she gats back, maybe you can pick up where you left off.
 *lilacwine*

...and one's true self is revealed.
Posted: 6/14/2010 4:50:05 PM
When people show you who they are, believe them.

You must not go back to her again. She is just using you as free labor and a free babysitter. She is no doubt using the doctor to finance the lifestyle she wants. He will realize this and dump her. Plus, it sounds like she has a whole sh!tload of baggage. You can do much, MUCH better. Now end all contact with her, block her phone calls, texts, and emils. She has clearly shown that she does not love you. I'm sorry, but you gotta do what you gotta do, and that is get yourself to a safe (emotionally) place, as far away from her as possible.

I think you have very low self-esteem. Get help with that.
 *lilacwine*
Msg: 15 (view)

feeling good, then going back to feeling pain
Posted: 6/12/2010 1:42:37 PM
I also have been going through a similar situation (you know this; you sent me an encouraging message after you read my thread). Whenever I start to miss him (like today), I think about all the things that made me realize he was bad for me and the relationship had to end. How he couldn't make time for me. How he did nothing about my birthday. How we argued about that five days before I was scheduled to go into surgery. How he was too lazy to pick up the phone and call me so he would just toss me an email once a day. How he never even called to see how I was after the surgery. How he just "assumed" that I had broken up with him (we had been arguing for days through email but had not officially called an end to it) so put his profile back up while I was on the operating table. How he would yell at me over any disagreement (for example, over politics) because he came from a dysfunctional family and that was the norm for them. How he would make plans for us to go out and do something then would announce that he was bringing his teenage daughter with him (WTF???). How I had given him a framed picture of myself as part of his birthday present (we had been exclusive for 5 months) and I never saw it again, as if he didn't want anyone else who might have come over to his house to see it. His disgusting cigars. His "I'm-all-that-and-a-bag-of-chips" opinion of himself. His "I've got a pretty face and a big d1ck so I don't need to give anything else to a relationship" attitude. How he believes there is something wrong with me for feeling this way and I "just don't have what it takes to be in a relationship with someone such as myself". How he believes that there are dozens and dozens of hot sexy women out there who would gladly put up with his ways and feel honored to be selected to do so.

I have written all these things in a journal, and whenever I am feeling blue I take it out and re-read it. I still add things to it. I feel frustrated because I never had closure either; I simply got tired of it and stopped replying to him. I still have a lot of anger thought; and that is what I would want to express, still. I would like to beat on his chest with my fists. But if you haven't tried the journalling thing yet, do it. I feel a lot better just writing this.

We women have to remember that we do not NEED a man and we will not put up with the slackers, losers, cheaters, mama's boys, cheapskates, drunks and former drunks, and the ones who abnormally rely on their kids for their social interaction. You are very beautiful, intelligent, and sweet. Keep saying to yourself, "He's just around the corner. He's just around the corner." I actually wrote that on a sticky and stuck it to my computer monitor. He's just around the corner.
 *lilacwine*

should i email her..
Posted: 6/11/2010 7:13:04 PM

don't think it really matters what opinions we offer here.... You're going to contact her again, because that's what your heart wants to do, and I'm not criticizing that. But do yourself a huge favor before you do, and make every effort to put yourself in her shoes, and really try to understand what she felt the issues were between you.

I guarantee, if you approach her and say "I want to get back together, because I felt we were so good together" you'll just be making the situation worse, because she's already told you that HER perception about the relationship was that she felt she was the one doing all the work, and she found it hurtful. Spend some time pondering that, and ask yourself if you can understand why she might have felt that way, if you can see any validity to her complaint, and if there are any changes you could and would make in your behavior that may alleviate those feelings she has. Who knows if she'll give you another shot or not, but I'd say your chances are a lot better if you approach her and can demonstrate a genuine understanding of what the issues were, and a well thought out plan of action to improve things. Saying "I just want things to go back to the way they were because that worked for ME" isn't gonna cut it.

Excellent advice. ALL relationships take work; if one person has to "carry" the relationship they will quickly get tired of that. Like the song says, "I showed you the answers, now here's the door." If you think she may possibly still have feelings for you you can give it a shot but believe me, it will take work to convince her that you are sincere. People tend to believe what they see, and all the time you were together she saw you making no effort, therefore she believes that you don't really love her. You will literally have to crawl back and beg her to give you another chance. Do you really want to do that? I personally feel that you have nothing to lose, maybe to you she is worth it, but prepare to be hurt.
 *lilacwine*
Msg: 30 (view)

Whine, Whine, Whine...
Posted: 5/9/2010 10:16:35 AM

Yes, the men that you wont ever give a chance because they are the nice, mature guys, that arent a-holes, THEY get it and know how to treat a woman. But because women like you will NEVER break the cycle of attraction you go for, you will NEVER realize that there are good guys out there. I should take lessons from your guy on how to get a woman to throw herself at me, because being nice doesnt get me a damn thing.

I wish it were that easy. I haven't figured out yet how to control who I am attracted to and who I am not attracted to. May we assume that you bypass all the woman who you find attractive and only go out with women you are not attracted to?

Lemmon: How do you get over this type of addiction?
 *lilacwine*
Msg: 28 (view)

Whine, Whine, Whine...
Posted: 5/8/2010 3:33:10 PM
I almost caved, and then I remembered what BoonDocksaid: he is not into me, or he would be with me. Now I am back on track. Onward! Through the fog.
 *lilacwine*
Msg: 25 (view)

Whine, Whine, Whine...
Posted: 5/8/2010 12:26:44 PM
Thanks, Renegade.

I am so sad today...there was a show on PBS today, a lecture by Dr. John Gray talking about his latest book. "Venus on Fire, Mars on Ice." It's about how hormones influence mens' and womens' behavior. It explains why men are so clueless when it comes to pleasing the women in their lives and why women don't understand this. The problem is that most men, including mine, will never see this and never understand what they are doing wrong. I felt so hopeless and depressed after seeing this.

I realize that I still love him, but I know it would never work because he thinks there is nothing wrong with his relationship style and that the problem is entirely mine. Do any men actually "get it"? Do they ever read "self-help" books? Or do they think they know it all?
 *lilacwine*

Should i go to a concert by a guy who dumped me
Posted: 5/7/2010 3:40:22 PM
Yes, you already blew it with this guy. Next time, don't spend so much time talking on the phone and "planning your future" with someone you have never met. That was foolish. They don't exist until you meet them in person. Apparently you did not turn out to be what he was expecting. Do not go to the concert.
S l o w d o w n next time.
 *lilacwine*
Msg: 23 (view)

Whine, Whine, Whine...
Posted: 5/6/2010 4:09:07 PM
^^^^It's a different guy. From Match.com. I put my profile back up because what's his name put his back up while I was in the hospital. I know it was too soon, but I already paid for a month. I'm going to cancel when the month is up because I'm not ready.
 *lilacwine*
Msg: 22 (view)

Whine, Whine, Whine...
Posted: 5/6/2010 3:14:39 PM
Thanks, everyone. It's starting to look like one of the guys I've been talking to (on another site) is a scammer. Just what I need :P
 *lilacwine*

Taking a break from girl who needs to cut loose-end
Posted: 5/5/2010 11:35:40 AM
In my opinion, this girl is using you as her back-up. If she didn't want to be with this other guy, she wouldn't be with him. None of this back and forth stuff. I think you should tell her that it is too difficult for you to be only friends, and that you should not have any contact with each other until her other relationship is over completely. While she is thinking about this you should be dating other girls. Tell her that when she has ended ties with her old boyfriend, she can look you up, and if you are not dating anyone else at that time maybe you can give it another go. This will force her to pick one of you. Don't be surprised if she doesn't pick you. I'm sorry, but like I said before, if she didn't want this guy and did want you, she would have broken it off clean with him. Good luck.
 *lilacwine*
Msg: 20 (view)

Whine, Whine, Whine...
Posted: 5/4/2010 7:37:20 PM
^^^^Debi - we must have been involved with the same guy!
 *lilacwine*
Msg: 19 (view)

Whine, Whine, Whine...
Posted: 5/4/2010 6:06:11 PM
Longhair, I think you mean Xanax and Bupropion (I work for a pharma co.) Thanks .
 *lilacwine*
Msg: 18 (view)

Whine, Whine, Whine...
Posted: 5/3/2010 6:12:57 PM

I feel you want want to find a reason what is WRONG with him and why he didn't give you a degree of commitment you wanted.

I think you are right but it hurt too much to accept it. I have been looking for reasons to excuse his behavior: he's a dry drunk, he's a workaholic, etc. The sad fact is, he just didn't care enough about me to make the effort. I did not want to see that because it hurts so much. But why rant and rave because I ended it? I would think he would be relieved that he got rid of me.
 *lilacwine*
Msg: 17 (view)

Whine, Whine, Whine...
Posted: 5/3/2010 6:08:28 PM
^^^Good advice. Thanks, MT.
 *lilacwine*

Whine, Whine, Whine...
Posted: 5/3/2010 3:43:27 PM
Yankeegirl:
I would like to message you, but I can't because your mail settings do not allow anyone over 49 (I'm 53). Would you message me? I would like to hear your story.
Thanks!
 *lilacwine*

Needle in a haystack?
Posted: 5/3/2010 10:42:59 AM
OP,
I tried to look at your profile and it appears to be hidden. How do you expect to find anyone that way? Plus, if you don't have any pictures posted, that is going to hold you back more than anything.
 *lilacwine*
Msg: 31 (view)

Need help to stay strong after a breakup (long read)
Posted: 5/2/2010 6:29:30 PM
Come back and let us know what happens!
 *lilacwine*
Msg: 15 (view)

Whine, Whine, Whine...
Posted: 5/2/2010 6:12:15 PM
Thaanks, Curlygrl and Jynx. I did google "dry drunk" and guess what. the very first sentence jumped out at me. It described him to a tee. the grandiosity thing, the feeling of entitlement, denial, blaming others, he exhibited all of that. He even talked about dry drunks. Apparently he can't see that he is one of them. And Yankeegirl, thanks, but I asked them to give it to me straight. I need to be slapped senseless. I don't think of it as being mean.
 *lilacwine*

Needle in a haystack?
Posted: 5/2/2010 4:23:20 PM
OP, is it really necessary that the women you date be veggies? I am a veggie too, but if I limited myself to only dating other vegetarians I would never find anyone. I don't state that on my profile because some people, when they see that, think you are going to preach at them. I really don't care what my date eats - that's his business. I can find something veg at just about every restaurant so it's never been a problem. The last guy I dated ate almost nothing but pizza with pepperoni and sausage - gross! I always expected him to drop dead from a heart attack at any minute. But really, don't people have the right to eat whatever they want? Maybe you should focus on other qualities first: kindness, intelligence, generosity, loyalty, etc. There are a lot of people who eat healthy but are not vegetarians. Maybe they will even come around to your way of thinking.
 *lilacwine*

Whine, Whine, Whine...
Posted: 5/2/2010 4:07:12 PM
Thanks, Yankeegirl, I may take you up on that.

I really think that he thought our relationship was normal. We went through this week long email war between my birthday which was on a Thursday and the day I went ino surgery which was the following Tuesday (we live 70 miles apart). One of the things that used to hurt me was the fact that he went to two football games every weekend last fall, one on Saturday and one on Sunday. He invited me to go to only one of these. He went with his kids to all the other ones. When I brought this up, all he said was "the football schedule is always posted on the Internet so you should have known I would not be availbale at that time." He completely missed the point, the point being that spending time with your girlfriend should be more important than football. I wouldn't have minded doing something else on my own while they were at the game; the game itself was not important to me. I could have still stayed with him for the weekend, if I had been invited (The kids were teenagers and it was cool with everyone that I would stay overnight sometimes - the kids were great kids. I was the only woman he had ever allowed into his kids' lives).

When I came home from the hospital, I looked online and saw that while I was puking my guts out after my operation he had already put his profile up on all the dating sites. He said he didn't call me in the hospital "because he knew my parents were taking care of me." Yet, all this time he has been ranting and raving like a rabid dog because I "sabotaged" our relationship. I mean, he really did seem hurt and angry that I ended it.

For what it's worth, this guy comes from an alcoholic family. He used to be a drunk but has been sober for about 20 years. His father was a drunk who cheated on and beat his wife. I don't know a lot about the dynamics of an alcoholic family, but I don't see how someone raised in a family like that could ever have a normal relationship. Does anyone have any insights into the workings of the alcoholic family?
 *lilacwine*
Msg: 10 (view)

Whine, Whine, Whine...
Posted: 5/1/2010 7:52:41 PM
Thank you all for the words of wisdom.

Cinsav: I think you are correct in that I (subconsciously) want to be the one who changes him, and that I want him to see me as the one worth changing for.

I want to want the normal guy. We all do. I just hope when I meet the normal guy that there is some chemistry.

With the jerk I experienced something that had never happened to me before. Just the thought of him got me hot and juicy. Even when our only communication was an argument, and he was yelling at me, I would get wet and swollen. Sick, I know.

When I feel weak I can go back and read this thread. Keep it coming!
 *lilacwine*

Whine, Whine, Whine...
Posted: 5/1/2010 6:21:11 PM
Thank you so much, Curlygrl. That was excellent.
 *lilacwine*
Msg: 6 (view)

Whine, Whine, Whine...
Posted: 5/1/2010 6:19:10 PM
Actually, I was hoping someone would would just answer my question which was how do I forget about this guy and move on to a more normal relationship. I broke up with someone who wasn't good for me and am having a hard time letting go. Has this never happened to any of you? I was hoping this wasn't going to turn into a free-for-all like some of these threads do.

FreeSpirit, you're right. I am bored. I've been off work for three weeks because of some surgery, so I've had lots of time to dwell on this.
 *lilacwine*
Msg: 3 (view)

Whine, Whine, Whine...
Posted: 5/1/2010 5:04:01 PM
Igor,

It's the sexual chemistry. We were like two animals. He made me feel sexy. But that isn't all. We connected emotionally and intellectually also. It's true I don't want a guy panting at my door all the time either. I want something in between. And I'm not afraid to commit. We would argue like two cats in a sack. We were polar opposites when it came to politics and he loved to push my buttons. Our personalities are opposites: I'm artistic and have a fiery temper; he's into crunching numbers and orderliness.

I tried asking myself the psych question, but I couldn't. I want to stay with him, but not with things the way they are as far as his time commitment goes. We got along great when we were actually together; it was the time in between that would get to me and I would complain and we would get into an argument. He said he loved me, but he didn't want to spend time with me. I felt that I was being taken advantage of. He swore he wasn't cheating, but I never really trusted him. It was just a funny feeling I had about him, and I couldn't put my finger on why. I had never ben suspicious before of any of my other boyfriends cheating, only him. It just didn't seem normal that a guy would not want to see the woman he loves more than once or twice a month or talk to her on the phone. The big blowout came about a month ago when all I got for my birthday from him was an email.
 *lilacwine*
Msg: 1 (view)

Whine, Whine, Whine...
Posted: 5/1/2010 3:50:56 PM
I'm back again in the forum crying over the same jerk I'm always crying over. I give other people great advice but I can't follow it myself. I've left him twice now in the last 9 months. To make a long story short, I dumped him again because I was always last on his list of priorities and he could only make time for us to see each other a couple of times a month, and that just seemed fishy to me. I know he's not married. Anyway, I have since met a few very nice men on here and other sites, and I want to move forward with one of these more "normal" guys, who are all attractive, interesting, educated, everything on my wish list. I can't get the azzhole off of my mind. I need as many people as possible to kick me in the a$$ verbally and help me do what's best for me. I am trying to be strong but if he comes back I am afraid he will suck me in again. How can I be strong and not let that happen again? Thanks. You guys are great!

Show ALL Forums