Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: A potential partner with Alcohol issues.. is it worth the pain
 fishing again
Msg: 63 (view)

A potential partner with Alcohol issues.. is it worth the pain
Posted: 8/4/2008 7:32:28 PM
Alcohol and a relationship are not a good mix. She carries more then you would wish for. Pain & more pain
 fishing again
Msg: 39 (view)

AA Members
Posted: 9/30/2007 9:53:47 PM
Good for you Ruby. If we don't break our anonimity then how is the new person going to know how to find us. By the grace of God and the fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous I have been sober for over twenty years and still break my anonnimity at every meeting I attend. Wishing everyone another great 24.....................Gord
 fishing again
Msg: 21 (view)

Alcoholism, the rise and fall of a relationship.
Posted: 2/5/2007 6:44:41 PM
I CAN'T, HE CAN AND I THINK I"LL LET HIM.

Alcohol is always fun in the beginning but if your letting it control anything you say think or do then I think that person has a problem. On May 15, 1987 I picked up the phone and I made a call that saved my life. By the grace of a Creator that I understand today and the fellowship of alcoholics I haven't had to pick you a drink since. I have not had the need, the desire or the necessity to do it. The man that answered the phone that night almost twenty years ago I will be for ever eternally grateful to. I wanted to get into the ward of a hospital that night because you see I knew all about this things. This man man had never meet me but I think someone was telling him my story. When I told him what I want his reply to me was, all you need is Alcoholics Anonymous, there's a meeting to night at highway 5 & 10, be there I won't. I was at that meeting on time and he wasn't there like he said but I have never had to look back. Three month's later he turned up and presented me with my a big book at my first convention. In 2005 I got to attend the Totonto World Convention and One day at a time I will get to attend to 2010 Wold Convention In Texas. This Summer one day at a time I'll get to travel across Canada and the USA with eight other drunks in our RV's. Alcoholics Anonymous does not promise to give a person anything but if you take the twelve steps and apply them to you life to the best of yor abiility the rewards can get unbelieveable. The same thing can happen with any other twelve step program. I'm going to say a couple of other things here and then I will shut up.
When I came into alcoholics anonymous, I didn't look to good, I sure didn't smell to go and I didn't feel to good but those people took me and loved me until I could love myself.
The family came back and you would think that everything would be great but not so. After five year's we both realized we could not live together in soberity. At the time of getting sober I had two daughters who would not walk on the same side of the street as I was on. Two weeks ago I had the opportunity to walk my thirty five year old baby down the isle and give her hand to a very wonderful man. It was the proudest day of my life. I have had this and so many wonderful things happen to me that a diary wouldn't even be able to handle it all. When I drank there were no wonderful things that happened. All these unbelievable things happened because I didn't pick up a drinkfor one day and stopped being in control. I'm sorry this has been so long but if it helped one person it was worth it. I wish everybody another great 24
 fishing again
Msg: 4 (view)

VICTORIA POF JUST BECAUSE PARTY FEBRUARY 14, 2007 SIX MILE PUB 7 PM
Posted: 2/4/2007 9:25:44 AM
Hi dragons49,

Thanks for advising me abot the six mile get together. Your doing a great job and I commend you for all your work.....................
 fishing again
Msg: 2 (view)

VICTORIA POF JUST BECAUSE PARTY FEBRUARY 14, 2007 SIX MILE PUB 7 PM
Posted: 2/4/2007 9:14:16 AM
Great spot to have a get together. Wouldn't want to niss this one. Didn't to the get together at The Monkey Tree Pub because you had advised there may not have been enough room. Looking forward to seeing you at Six Mile on the Fourteenth.............Gord
 fishing again
Msg: 71 (view)

Scams. Nigerians, Russians ETC.
Posted: 2/3/2007 12:50:55 PM
Have never had a problem with scams on Plenty of Fish. But when I did use a paid site there was always a problem. The Nigerians only gold is to get into Canada or the States and they always seem to think that people who live in our contries all seem to own gold mines. They will never take NO for an answer and the only way to get away from it is to cease corrosponding. For what it is worth also it is not a good idea to give out your home emails because then the problems really start. Have a wonderful weekend all.......

Cheers............Gord
 fishing again
Msg: 7 (view)

Guidelines for The Perfect First Date
Posted: 10/17/2006 1:48:43 AM
You said it almost perfect but there are a couple of other things I would like to add.
1 Don't show up smeling like a brewery
2 Leave the cigarettes and cigars at home
3 Last but not least... Show up with some nice flowers and a card.. A little poetry added to it my do wonders

THAT'S ALL FROM ME
 fishing again
Msg: 15 (view)

Posted: 9/17/2006 10:00:28 PM
Very nicely put Thomas R.
 fishing again
Msg: 14 (view)

Posted: 9/17/2006 9:58:04 PM
Alcoholism is a disease and she can stop with the flick of a finger or for someone
she loves. It's known as the great remover and can remove, home, famlies, bank
accounts, jobs, love and self worth. She has to want to help herself but a little
nudge in the right direction will never do any harm. I wish you luck.

Show ALL Forums