Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Need advice please! cant handle the pain!
 corindan
Msg: 6 (view)

Need advice please! cant handle the pain!
Posted: 10/23/2008 12:25:29 AM
You lost your mind a LOOOONNNGGG time ago. She used you, and dumped you, and you went back for more use and abuse...several times. Say F it, and her, and move on. Put her out of your mind. If you try again, she will use you and dump you again. See a Mohel, and tell him he got the wrong end last time. You need a new circumcision... removing that useless lump of foreskin between your shoulders. Use it,or lose it. Grow a brain, and start thinking instead of just feeling. Get away from her, fill your mind, and time, with other things, and the pain will fade away. It will take some time, but it will fade. Distract yourself with: hobbies, dates, and more.
 corindan
Msg: 462 (view)

Firearms and Dating
Posted: 10/23/2008 12:12:59 AM
My guns have saved me more times than my gun-shy dates have. If one has to go, it will be the Nervous Nellie. I have trained women to own, use, and carry, firearms. Most are now working police officers/detectives. So far, my guns have proven to be far safer, more trustworthy, and more reliable, than any person I have ever met. If a woman does not want to be around guns, she does not want to be around me, and I don't want to be around her. Love me; love my guns.
 corindan
Msg: 58 (view)

How long does it take to know if a new relationship is going to last ?
Posted: 10/23/2008 12:00:07 AM
"indefinately" means "undetermined, vague, undecided, lacking fixed limits" In other words...if it is indefinite, you don't know how long it will last. Since you start out not knowing how long it will last, it is ALREADY indefinite! It is IMPOSSIBLE to KNOW that it will last indefinitely. When can you know what can't be known? NEVER! You seem to be thinking that "indefinite" means "forever". Your Jehovah's Witness mind control masters have misled you again. Indefinite does not mean eternal, or infinite, or anything like it...though they try to imply that it does. You can never know how long it will last. The someone may love you madly for as long as they live...and die two minutes from now in a car wreck. They may kind of like you for a week, and hate you for the rest of their lives after that. THERE ARE NO SIGNS. Take a leap of faith-like everyone else who ever lived-and see what happens. Life works better for guys who have both cajones, and a brain. Those who lack one should at least possess the other. Trying to get by without either is a sure way to be diappointed.
 corindan
Msg: 9 (view)

Has anyone tried lavalife before?
Posted: 10/22/2008 11:26:38 PM
Tried it. It sucks. It's phony.
 corindan
Msg: 35 (view)

SAYING U HAVE AN STD IN YOUR PROFILE
Posted: 10/22/2008 11:21:19 PM
Say it in your profile. Doing so will save time, trouble, and pain. I'll say upfront that anyone who gives me an STD is going to lose their breathing privleges. If you have an STD, get on a site for people with such, full of others who also have the same STD. Otherwise, you risk meeting someone like me, and wishing you hadn't.
 corindan

I moved out and he wont return my phone calls
Posted: 10/22/2008 6:27:48 PM
Tack a note to his door telling him it is a federal offense to interfere with you getting your mail. Say that he can put your mail, and other things in a box, and mail it to your new address. If you don't have it in a week, you will go to the police re: theft, and the post office re: your mail, and he will not enjoy that. If you have any of his stuff, mail it to him.

You should have not have left if you loved him, and you should have taken all your things when you did go, and you should have notified the post office so it did not deliver your mail there anymore after you went. You have done everything wrong, and you will probably never get him back. What makes you think you deserve him back?

Aint life a B***h when you run it by PMS?
 corindan
Msg: 90 (view)

The Scientific Experiment Most Likely to End the World!
Posted: 10/22/2008 5:31:07 PM
Science has already figured out most of the likely scenarios. They just want their Toy to settle a bet, or two, for them....so one group can gloat over another, and win most of the future grants for awhile. Most of the things the Toy will settle-hopefully-are not really very important. I have nothing aganst the LHC being built, or used. I just think all the hype over it is a bit overdone. What if it disproves super symmetry? What will all the whiners who believed in super symmetry do then? It is not very apt to initiate a new round of technology developement. No one is going to use it to discover gravity waves, which are then put to use building new super pyramids without slaves and ropes. I doubt that anyone will come up with The Higgs-Boson Bomb as a result of playing with the LHC. It is neither as good as the proponents claim, or as bad as the opponents claim. It is this era's space shuttle...largely usless.
 corindan
Msg: 172 (view)

The Truth!
Posted: 10/22/2008 5:18:59 PM
oldsoul - Either ALL sexual preferences are born in...or NONE of them are. If none are, then gays should growup enough to admit that, and proudly proclaim that they are consenting adults who freely choose their lifestyle. But, then, what would gay pedophiles do while trying to recruit for NAMBLA...an organiation of gays dedicated to man-boy love...pedophillic sex with minors who can not legally consent? So...you think that sodomic rape of minors does NOT harm them? Then why are so many victims getting so much money from The Catholic Church for having been sexually abused as minors by Catholic priests? Most child molesters are actually gay. Darn! Those pesky facts do keep getting in the way of your non-sensical defense of perversion...don't they?
 corindan
Msg: 10 (view)

Yankee Doodle Dandy - Who will become President of the Land of the Free?
Posted: 10/22/2008 4:37:30 PM
What with all the voter faud-Daffy Duck, etc, voting for Obama-Obama may win. Even so, much of his support is from the young...who talk a lot, but rarely back up that talk by voting. Many will be too busy partying, etc, to bother with voting...so a lot of his support may evaporate. Also, there are many groups-the religious, gun owners, seniors, small business owners, women, veterans, etc-that Obama has upset with remarks. If enough of them vote against him, he is lost. Most who project an Obama win, count Florida as his. I think many Floridians will resent Obama's arranging for their votes to not count at all-at first-and then only count as half votes, during the primary season. I think Floridians will punish Obama by voting for McCain, and Florida is a big Electoral College count state. Without it, Obama is going to find it hard to win. I also sense a renewal of anti-black feelings throughout much of the south, as well in some big northern states. Many angry whites tell pollsters they are behind Obama...to avoid arguements...but plan to vote against Obama. Slightly more Republicans are voting for McCain than Democrats are voting for Obama...so Obama will need a lot of support from Independents, and others (Greens, Libertarians, etc). I don't think he will get enough Independent support, so I think Obama will lose...meaning McCain will win. I'm an American who plans to move to Australia if Obama wins. I won't live in Obamastan...which is what the USA will become if B.O. gets in.
 corindan
Msg: 34 (view)

Why are we on top of the food chain ?
Posted: 10/22/2008 3:10:01 PM
We surpass other animals only in our capacity to kill...if you decide that bacteria, and viruses, are not animals...which science says they are. We achieve this by our stupid refusal to learn from our mistakes. We 'accidently' cause famines, plagues, etc, rather than learn from past errors to prevent future ones. None of our skyscrapers has yet equalled-let alone surpassed-the strength, and beauty, of the bees honeycomb. It is only in the biased minds of some people that they themsleves-or their race-are superior to allegedly lower species. Dogs are more loyal than humans;c**kroaches are more immune to disasters, and diseases, than humans; Fruit flies are more adaptable than humans...need I go on? Humans only think they are on the top of the heap. Since humans are NOT actually on top, there is no reason that they are on top. Actually it is COMMUNICATION which has started the most, and worst, and most destructive, of our wars. Communication between Christians, and Muslims is what caused the Crusades, which wounded the world for centuries, and which we are still having reprecussions from. Communications between the poor, and the rich, is what caused the French, and Russian, Revolutions. The French revolution was sparked by one, little, four word, sentance! ("Let them eat cake.").
 corindan
Msg: 169 (view)

The Truth!
Posted: 10/22/2008 2:59:23 PM
There is no evidence of a gay gene, or anything else that would make one gay from birth. It is only the claims, and theories, of gays themselves which put forth the "we are born that way" idea. If the preference of being gay is born into people, why isn't the preference for young stuff born in, as well? There is plenty of historical evidence, and evolutionary theory, to support the idea that it is natural for men of all ages to lust after 12 and 14 year old girls....more evidence than exists for gays being born gay. Then, too, there is the obvious biological evidence of "if they are old enough to bleed, they are old enough to breed". So why can we prosecute the Michael Jacksons of the world for pedophilia when that is natural, and born into them? Similar arguements can be made for the sex slayers. It seems logical to assume that either ALL sexual preferences are born in, and imposed on people by genes at conception-before birth-OR NONE of the preferences are so born in. Which is it? Is The Boston Strangler a poor, mis-understood, victim of his genes, and also a victim of a massive miscarriage of justice...or are gays responsible for chooing to be gay?
 corindan
Msg: 61 (view)

What's your Halloween costume this year?
Posted: 10/22/2008 2:46:41 PM
I'm dressing as my stage persona; a magician/mentalist/mystic....cape, tux, wand, etc. I'll be: levitating things, producing spirits, reading minds, hypnotizing people, and so forth, at the party I'll attend. I will: light candles with a touch of an ice cube, bend spoons with the power of my mind, and cause a table to float around the room in mid air. Even the people who are not half drunk will be amazed.
 corindan
Msg: 31 (view)

why do people commit suicide in general?
Posted: 10/22/2008 1:00:08 PM
As long as they only kill themselves, and no one else, who cares? Usually, suicide is an act of revenge against others...a way of imposing the old "you'll be sorry when I'm gone; especially when you realize that you are the one who made me do this!" guilt routine. It is an attempt to make someone else feel sorry, and guilty, and depressed, for the entire rest of their life. It is emotional blackmail, and the act of a scumbag. Good F-in' riddance!
 corindan
Msg: 160 (view)

Once Upon A Time.... write minimum of 2 sentences, maximum of 4.
Posted: 10/22/2008 12:55:23 PM
Once upon a time, God farted, and the universe was born. When He lights the match, the universe will end.
 corindan
Msg: 7 (view)

Can broken relationships be mended?
Posted: 10/22/2008 12:51:35 PM
P.S. -laurie- your relationship is NOT fixed if you need to have others besides your hubby to make it work. I think your soul has learned a bit less than it should have.
 corindan
Msg: 6 (view)

Can broken relationships be mended?
Posted: 10/22/2008 12:49:51 PM
Broken relationships can SOMETIMES be PARTIALLY fixed, TEMPORARILY...but almost never fixed completely for long. It is almost never worth the time, trouble, or effort. Don't bother. When it's broken, leave well enough alone, and move on...in your own relationships. As to watching other's, stay the H out of it. If you get involved-on either side-and it breaks up again-from whatever cause-you will be blamed by both parties.
 corindan
Msg: 66 (view)

Is falling in love first or having sex first?
Posted: 10/22/2008 12:38:36 PM
Imagine falling in love with some one, and not having sex until the honeymoon, and then learning that the kind of sex they enjoy most is something you find repulsive. There are people who enjoy giving 'golden showers'...urinating on lovers. Others prefer to give-or recieve-'brown showers'..defecating on, or being defecated on by, lovers. Some people can only climax with violence, and need to beat, or be beaten. Some people-even after marriage-just don't want sex. How would you feel-after waiting for marriage to have sex-and then finding that you won't have sex after marriage, either, because your spouse does not like sex? Some people crave oral sex, and could not be happy married to someone who would never perform oral sex on them. Other people hate the idea of oral sex, and would never consider performing it even with a gun held to their head. The sexual compatibility, or lack thereof, is a matter of enjoying the same types, techniques, positions, methods of foreplay, and so on...or not enjoying the same. Once you find someone you are sexually compatible with, love can grow more easily because you have one more emotional/spiritual bond to unite you...that of sexual compatibility. I would never fall in love with, or marry, someone I did not know to be sexually compatible with me. I know people who have, and they all regretted it.
 corindan
Msg: 19 (view)

Does a he need a nudge or should I back off?
Posted: 10/22/2008 11:31:51 AM
I'm just telling you what 80% of the guys I know tell me about their realtionsips, and motives. Ignore the knowledge at your own cost.
 corindan
Msg: 16 (view)

Christmas Wedding Conflicts
Posted: 10/22/2008 11:15:22 AM
A true friend would not do this to you. The GF should understand this has been planned since before you met her. You can't miss out if you are to be part of the wedding-best man, or such-but you can't stand the GF up for this. Here is what I would do: take the GF to the city the wedding is to be in, get your own hotel/motel room there with the GF. Screw the cost of the room at the lodge you will not use. Take the Gf to the lodge, and leave her in the car while the wedding goes on. That respects the friend, and the fact that no one else gets to bring their SO into the wedding. Once the wedding is over, tell the friend it was great, butyou have to leave. Go to the car, drive off with the GF, and spend the rest of the time with just her. That respects her. Everyone gets some respect, and satisfaction, and no one is too greatly inconvenienced.

Or

Tell the friend he is a wonk for scheduling a wedding at xmas, and you will see him again when he is less wonky. Skip the entire thing, and spend the entire time ith the Gf hundreds of miles away.
 corindan
Msg: 103 (view)

Pro Life or Pro choice?
Posted: 10/22/2008 9:47:49 AM
There is a tribe of natives who live in the Amazon. Kids grow up seeing parents/ siblings have sex, and kids usually start having intercourse at about age nine. No one ever gets pregnant until after a wedding. Their minds do not allow it. The tribe believes that pregnancy does not result from sex, and they laugh at the idea that it could. They believe that pregnancy results from invisible spirits-who sit on tree branches-jumping on girls, and entering an invisible hole in the girl's head. That hole only opens up after a wedding, so the spirits never impregnate an unmarried female. These people believe this so strongly that their minds do not allow their bodies to be capable of pregnancy until after marriage. So, whether the girls of this tribe have consentual sex, or get raped, they never get prenant until after they have been married. If we developed our minds-or myths-a bit we could avoid unwanted pregnancy, and so avoid abortion. When a woman does get pregnant with an unwanted fetus, abortion is not needed. She can have the kid, and give it up for adoption. If she does not want to do that, she can will herself to miscarry. Eating a lot of hot dogs-high in nitrates, and nitrites-will also cause a miscarriage. Learning self defense will prevent a woman from being raped, and so prevent pregnancy by rape. Other than that, women should learn to either abstain from sex, or use birth control while having sex. There is no need for abortion, and so it is a phony issue slick politicans use to fund their careers.
 corindan
Msg: 24 (view)

Why are men so scared, what are they afraid of!!
Posted: 10/22/2008 9:27:24 AM
Maybe you took too long to get to the next level. Maybe he decided he couldn't afford a ready made extended family. More than likely, he went back to his ex, or got a new relationship his ex doesn't know about, and can't intrude on. Just don't date guys who remain in touch with their exes.
 corindan
Msg: 61 (view)

I'm kind of just depressed now.
Posted: 10/22/2008 9:11:36 AM
You have to tell yourself that you are worthwhile, whether anyone else agrees, or not. Like yourself, and love yourself, whether anyone else does or not. Tell yourself that you are valuable for what you do to improve the world, and what you don't do to make the world worse....not whether, or not, or you have sex with someone or have a BF. Tell yourself that anyone would be lucky to be your friend, or Bf. Say these things many times each day...even if you don't believe them at first. Keep saying them until you do believe them. Once you genuinely like yoursellf you will meet guys who really like you. Once you are less depressed you will be less depressing to the guys you meet, and some will stay around...whether they get laid, or not. If guys ten years older than you are not right, try some who are 20 years older. Get a guy who is 40 years older, and impotent, and so unable to have sex, and be his friend, and arm candy. Let those who see you together think you are havig sex with him when you are not. It will boost his ego, and he will love you for it. Since he can't have sex, he won't just lay you and leave you. He will be a friend, confidant, and more, and so help you build your self esteem....as he will be more of a father/uncle figue to you.
 corindan
Msg: 60 (view)

I'm kind of just depressed now.
Posted: 10/22/2008 9:06:09 AM
You have little to be depressed about. You are: alive, healthy, young, beautiful, sexy, popular, intelligent, able to afford school/clothes/food/etc. You are going to meet guys who only want you for sex...because that is what gys are like; espcially guys near your age. Meet guys online via email, without pictures, get to know them as pen pals, talk about movies, books, recreation, etc, and spend a few months getting to know each other as people. Then-when you've got a good basic friendship going with a guy, meet in person for a lunch. If you date older guys-ten or more years older than you-some of them will have learned to control their hormones a bit, and be more gentlemanly. Give it a try, and see.
 corindan
Msg: 40 (view)

How do find out their REAL age?
Posted: 10/22/2008 12:20:03 AM
Require them to bring a passport to the meeting, and show it to you.
 corindan
Msg: 18 (view)

i just can't reach orgasm :(
Posted: 10/22/2008 12:07:57 AM
Some women are born with the genetic inability to orgasm. Some gene switch did not get turned on. This is so rare as to be unlikely. If you have a small clit, and it is covered by the hood to the extent that you BF can't find it, he is probably not stimulating it well enough, and that may be the only problem. He should be able to find you clit-small as it may be-if he looks well enough. It should be easy for him to push/pull the pudendum-the flesh above the clit/labia/vagina area-up and back-towards your breasts. That should reveal your clit, especially if it is erect. If he traces his thumbs up your left, and right, labia-the p*** y lips-to where they join at the top, he should find your clit. Whether it is as small as the ball of a ball point pen, or as large as a golf ball, he should be able to find it, and lick it enough to make you cum. It sounds as if you have a very amateur lover. Visit me, and I will find your clit, and teach you to teach him how to stimulate it enough to make you cum. If you don't want to do that, vist a gynocologist, and have him, or her, show your BF how to find your clit. I have the feeling that your BF is accustomed to looking at girlie magazines-which often blurr the clit/labia out, a bit, via soft focus-and watching porn movies...in which most actresses have had surgery to trim away a portion of the pudendum, making the clit clearly visible, and accessible. I also have the feeling that your BF has not made love to many real women. He expects your clit to be easy to find, and just sitting out there waiting for him. Unfortunately, your pudendum is intact-not surgically altered-so your BF will need to push it up, and back, to make your clit visible/accessible. Also, many porno actresses have had a sort of clitoral circumcision, in which the hood is partially trimmed, or even totally removed. As such, their circumcised clits look different than your hooded clit. Your BF may see your clit, and not recognize it. Have your BF give you lots of foreplay-kissing, breast play, etc-beforehand. Then, your clit should be erect, and easier to spot. Then, he should do the finger trace up the labia, and once at the point where the labia join, he shoud push up and back with his thumbs. That will pull what remains of your hood back-away from your clit-making the clit clearly visible. Then, your BF should bend down, and lick your clit for all he is worth...for half an hour, or so. If that does not work, he should apply a vibrator directly to the clit. If that does not work, report back to the gynocologist, and tell him/her your problem.
 corindan
Msg: 49 (view)

Copper Deficiency Causes Blood Types ?? ???
Posted: 10/21/2008 10:38:05 PM
Blood type-A, B, AB, and O-is caused by genes. The blue in the blood comes fom the presence of iron, and the lack of oxygen, and the presence of CO2, and various waste products. Everyone's waste blood-dirty, de-oxygenated, blood-is bluish in color. It passes through various organs-such as the kidneys-disposing of waste, and then visits the lungs to pick up oxygen, when it becomes redder again. Psychic abilities seems to run in families, but that is due to genes rather than blood color. Royals were just aggressive people who claimed to be the God appointed boss, and then killed anyone who disagreed with them about that. They engaged in a lot of incest; marrying sister to brothers, first cousins to each other, aunts to nephews, etc. That united a lot of the same defective genes together, which led to: deformity, insanity, retardation, etc. Royals think they are better than everyone else...because the royals are mentally defective.
 corindan
Msg: 32 (view)

Why are we on top of the food chain ?
Posted: 10/21/2008 10:24:00 PM
We are not on top of the food chain. We are devoured by lowly bacteria.

We are not more intelligent. Bacteria do not strive to destroy their own environment as we do.

The lowly-'only half alive'-virus generates offspring faster than we do, mutates faster-and more beneficially-than we do.
 corindan
Msg: 87 (view)

The Scientific Experiment Most Likely to End the World!
Posted: 10/21/2008 10:09:46 PM
LHC will not destroy the world. People once thought that setting off the first A bomb would create an endless chain reaction which would destroy the entire universe. It didn't. Entropy effects even nuclear explosions, causing them to wind down, and peter out. There are also mechanisms which LHC opponents are not taking into consideration, which will make it impossible for it to destroy the world. Likewise, the LHC will not teach us much that we don't already know. It is a toy for scientists. Those who want it will exaggerate it's potential good. Those who want to ax it-so their own pet projects can get the funding-will exaggerate it's potential harm. Both sides are so full of crap they should change their names to Sewer.
 corindan
Msg: 37 (view)

Invisible to our light spectrum ??????
Posted: 10/21/2008 10:01:04 PM
I'm not sure how to alter digital cameras, but you can get IR, and UV, films and filters, for regular film cameras, in 35mm, or medium format (120, and 220) and large format, films. They requie special chemicals, and procedures, for processing. A good photo shop, or book store, or library, should have books on the subject.
 corindan
Msg: 36 (view)

Posted: 10/21/2008 9:56:07 PM
Many insects also see in the infra red, or ultra violet. Bees see in ultra violet.
 corindan
Msg: 35 (view)

Posted: 10/21/2008 9:54:06 PM
Both infra-red, and ultra-violet, rays invisible to our eyes, can be captured on special films which can be loaded into cameras.
 corindan
Msg: 101 (view)

If it's true that matter can neither be created nor destroyed...
Posted: 10/21/2008 9:50:56 PM
Matter gets changed in collisions...not destroyed. gamma rays are energy. Energy is matter moving swiftly. Matter is changed into gamma energy in such collisions...not destroyed.
 corindan
Msg: 13 (view)

Chocolate Milk
Posted: 10/21/2008 9:46:34 PM
The chocolate blocks the calcium from being absorbed by your body, so one important vital nutrient-calcium-may as well not be in chocolate milk, since you can't get it out of the chocolate milk to use it.
 corindan
Msg: 99 (view)

Posted: 10/21/2008 9:07:56 PM
E=MC2 Energy is mass x the constant squared. Mass is matter. The Constant is the speed of light; 186,000 miles per second. Energy is matter (mass) moving quickly ( 186k mps x 186k mps). mass is energy moving slowly.

Neither matter, or energy, are ever destroyed. They just change form, and/or location. The sub atomic particles which made up a tree remain when the tree has been burned, or eaten by termites, and turned into termite feces, etc.

We are energy. Ourselves is our mind/personality/intelligence/spirit. That energy continues. During this 'life' we-our energy/spirit/personality-is housed in a brain, which is housed in a body. When the body 'dies' the us in it moves on...continuing to live as a personality/intelligence. How could it be otherwise? Why should intelligent life be the only exception to the laws of thermodynamics which require the conservation of matter, and energy? What disintegrates is the organized body...just as our worn out clothes disintegrate. You do not die, or become crippled, or go into a coma, every time a pair of your jeans gets a hole in the knee, or is torn apart by the neighbor's pit bull. Your energy/intelligence does not die when your body ceases to function.
 corindan
Msg: 98 (view)

Posted: 10/21/2008 8:52:26 PM
We are energy, now. That energy is housed in the body we wear like that body wears clothes. We do continue after death.
 corindan
Msg: 165 (view)

The Truth!
Posted: 10/21/2008 8:47:48 PM
The truth is that if people were born gay-made gay by their genes/chromosomes/etc -the could never be anything but gay. I know four gays who went straight after more than a decade of being strictly homo...so that blows your theory. Homosexuality is a choice...conscious in some cases, and sub-conscious in other cases, but always a choice. That is why some can also choose to quit being gay; just as they can choose to quit smoking, quit eating chocolate, etc. Gays should have equal rights under the law, but some want more than equal, special, rights and that is what upsets most people. Also, if sexual preference is imposed by genes at birth-so gays are born gays-can't the same be said of: pedophiles, rapists, etc? How can we jail any of them if they were born that way? What about sexual slayers who rape only as foreplay, and only climax whe they take a life? Aren't they born that way? Shouldn't we let the Ted Bundys, and Zodiacs, and Boston Stranglers all out of prison, and apologize for persecuting them when we prosecuted them? If not, why are they different than gays?
 corindan
Msg: 29 (view)

Anyone read The Ethical Slut?
Posted: 10/21/2008 7:59:14 PM
The rank and file military does a hard job, and desreves thanks, and praise. The upper eschelons of command are another story. The Generals/Admirals are mentally defective, and too distracted by trying to kiss the asses needed to get their political, or business, careers after the military started while they are still in the military to be doing what they should the way they should. Those same generals/admirals, shirk their duties, and pass the bucks back to the politicos, and let the Senators/ Congressmen-many of whom have never served, let alone commanded-run the wars. Military Intelligence is run by the distracted brass, and gives us great intel which screws us/the troops over royally. Who do you think told Dumbya that there WERE WMD in Iraq, when there were not? The MI brass. Who let The Walkers spy for so long without noticing/stopping them? The MI brass. Who has failed to protect our own political leaders from assassination, while utterly failing in every attempt to assassinate foreign leaders? The MI brass. Military Intelligence is an oxymoron....because of the brass running it at the top. The military itself is not oxymoronic.
 corindan
Msg: 65 (view)

Is the speed of thought finite?
Posted: 10/21/2008 6:26:46 PM
Thought does not transcend the speed of light, but does pentrate barriers of past, present, distance, other dimensions, etc. Thought is like neutrino emissions...only more so. Thought tunnels through space-time as a worm tunnels through an apple... covering vast distances in brief periods...rather than travelling a linear route along the fabric of space-time. Light years can be traversed in moments...but it is not quite instantaneous. Think of thought as a worm-hole detector/rider. The mind can go in a few moments where genration ships would take eons to reach. Mind can enter, and leave, universes/dimensions as easily as you can walk from inside your home to outside it.
 corindan
Msg: 73 (view)

Ever thought your Zodiac sign could be intimidating to others?
Posted: 10/21/2008 6:03:54 PM
Who could be intimidated by a virgin dragon?

Perhaps people who don't want their nuts roasted?
 corindan
Msg: 87 (view)

Horror movies, which are the best, ones from the 80's or modern ones?
Posted: 10/21/2008 5:55:02 PM
One of the exceptions to the general rule. Most older films are better, but B.S.'s Dracula was great.
 corindan
Msg: 86 (view)

Horror movies, which are the best, ones from the 80's or modern ones?
Posted: 10/21/2008 5:52:57 PM
Films from the silent era to the 1960s are more worthwhile,and classical. See Lon Chaney Sr. as The Hunchback Of Notre Dame. See Bela Lugosi as Dracula, Max Shrek as Nosferatu, and many more. The blood in Hammer horror movies of the 1960s was the most realistic ever before, or since. See Vincent Price in Cry Of The Banshee, Jack Nicholson in The Terror, and many more. MGM, Universal, Hammer, Hammer-7 Arts, and American International, are good places to start. Writing, acting, blood, suspense, and special effects, were better in the pre-computer generated imaging days. Actors from the 1980s to the present will never equal those of the past, skill wise. Then they were actors. Today they are talking heads, and walking models, in costumes. They go from posing for toothpaste ads to sleeping with a director, to starring in some big special effects extravaganza whose real stars are the computerized special effects, and crane/helicopter shots, and chase scenes. Dialogue generally sucks, today, as does delivery. Today's stars play a monster, or monster hunter, the same way-with same gestures, wisecracks, facial expressions, behaviors, etc-as they play a: cowboy, cop, private eye, etc. When a star's Frankenstein looks just like his Wyatt Earp, or Robin Hood, or such, you know today's movies suck.
 corindan
Msg: 71 (view)

IS OUR BODIES ENERGY ??????
Posted: 10/21/2008 4:05:22 PM
Matter is energy. Energy is matter. So says E=MC2. Energy = the mass (matter) times The Constant (the speed of light) squared...moving very quickly. Matter is energy moving slowly, and energy is matter moving quickly. Anything which contains electrons is electric at one level, or other. Electricity, and magnetism, are two sides of the same coin. Where there is one, there is the other. You create magnetism by moving an electrical current through a conductor-somethig like a wire. You create electricity by moving a conductor-like a wire-through a magnetic field.
 corindan
Msg: 39 (view)

Do you remember yourself before 1 year old?
Posted: 10/21/2008 3:52:02 PM
I do. I was into noticing things-colors, shapes, sounds, etc-and having things in their proper places. When I saw something-my bottle, a lamp, or whatever-I wanted it where it used to be. When someone moved things, it bothered me. When people were around, I noticed their eyes, and mouths, and noses. I sensed intentions. I did not know language enough to understand most words, but I could tell a lot by tone of voice, voice inflection, looks in eyes, and so on. I still remember the wallpaper in the room my crib was in when I was less than a year old. I noticed details in everything. I was a lot less emotional than most of the adults around me.
 corindan
Msg: 10 (view)

String Theory, legitimate study or quantum framework?
Posted: 10/21/2008 3:40:44 PM
String theory = stupid mistake compounded by wild supposition,and outright fraud.
 corindan
Msg: 101 (view)

Can the fall of Ancient Rome Compare to American Now?
Posted: 10/21/2008 3:35:42 PM
Mayan Calendar cycles are thousands of years-not mere years, or decades, or centuries-long. The world will change less in 2012 than it did in Y2K. The planet has been in the 2012 area of space 150,000 times before-at least-and never was destroyed, or saw a golden age of peace, or anything of the sort, on any of those previous occasions. Why should this time be any different? History does repeat, and one of the things which repeats most often is the nonsense of these lunatic fringe "the world is going to end on...", and "the golden age of peace will dawn on..." fantasies. America is going the way of Rome....with some differences, and many similarities. Sun spot cycles have a greater effect on society than do Mayan Calendar cycles. Time does not move. We move through time.
 corindan
Msg: 100 (view)

Can the fall of Ancient Rome Compare to American Now?
Posted: 10/21/2008 3:25:28 PM
American culture = sex, drugs, rock & rool, celebrity worship, and anything for a buck.
 corindan

Is honesty the best policy?
Posted: 10/21/2008 3:09:01 PM
The women who will blow you off for being honest are so dishonest themselves-or greedy, or whatever-that you don't really want them anyway...so they are doing you a favor. Remain honest, and keep looking, and you will find a woman who appreciates you for what you are.
 corindan
Msg: 22 (view)

How can I tell...
Posted: 10/21/2008 2:57:33 PM
Forget her. Persue her mother. Being twitter-pated is the least of your worries now. You are so low-on The Ladder Of Manliness-that you would have to climb up several rungs to reach 'Wuss'. MILF your way into Mama's heart, and bed, and forget the game playing bimbo. You need a real woman if you ever hope to be a real man.
 corindan
Msg: 21 (view)

How can I tell...
Posted: 10/21/2008 2:54:55 PM
She liked you enough to give you an audition. You failed-partly beacuse of your lousy kises-and she gave up on you. Her mother may be repeating now things the gal said long ago. Forget it. If the gal is playing the old "I wanna make him jealous" game with you, she is too infantile to be worth bothering about. Forget her. Get a woman who can speak for herself, instead of a little girl who has to speak through mommy.
 corindan
Msg: 119 (view)

perpetual energy and other promising inventions
Posted: 10/21/2008 2:02:52 PM
Zero point energy comes into being, and is destroyed, in an instant, or less. It does not exist long enough to be mined/manipulated. For all practical purposes, therefore, it does not exist.

Show ALL Forums