Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: EU Vote Result
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 12 (view)

EU Vote Result
Posted: 6/26/2016 1:28:41 PM
Life in Scotland is pretty much status quo - apart from those actively campaigning. People are going about their day as they normally do and most just switch channels when it comes to politics. They are scunnered (fed up) with it all. They did their bit and voted (or not) now it's back to normal. Whatever will be will be.

Tomorrow the markets will take another hit due to the turmoil in the political parties. Who is in charge, is anyone in charge. Someone sneezes and the market catches a cold. Markets like stability and our political parties are not showing that at the moment.

On the specific situation in Scotland. Scots tend to be a bit canny (wary of change) which is why I think they voted remain in the last Indy ref. This time I like to believe that they voted again for status quo rather than change for the same reasons. Our economy is closely linked to the EU. There is no major issue with immigration in general, Most immigrants are welcome and integrate apart from a few pockets here and there. Ms Sturgeon shouts we need more immigrants to take the place of Scots leaving - Why are Scots emigrating, why are the immigrants not coming here. Apart from the weather (which isn't really that bad lol), I would tend to think it's more to do with lack of opportunities. No real shortage of houses outside the big cities if you have a job (landlords don't want people on benefits) but where are the jobs?

In 10,20 or 30 years time will immigration be as much an issue for Scotland as it is for England. Nicola is not stupid, she won't call a referendum unless she is sure to win. If Scotland can't stay in EU with status quo and have to accept a new application with everything that entails, will the Scots vote for EU without the rebate and accept the Euro, further integration etc. I doubt it. All she is doing is creating more concern and more unrest - that's no help to anyone but is creating a lot of worry for everyone.
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 11 (view)

How do you reply to 'you are sexy'
Posted: 6/26/2016 9:49:48 AM
I'd just say thanks for taking time to message and for the compliment, goodbye and good luck. Short but polite. tota; waste of time message but maybe they find your smile sexy (who knows what men think)
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 10 (view)

EU Vote Result
Posted: 6/26/2016 8:29:31 AM
I'm optimistic for the future. All hell has broken loose but I hope that once things settle down it will galvanise people of all walks of life. Cameron said we are leaders not quitters (before he quit) and I think that is true. Our lead in taking the unprecedented action of saying 'enough is enough' will galvanise the EU to start acting for the people it represents instead of in the politicians own self interest.

The EU (Common Market I think it was called) at it's concept was a brilliant idea and I believe would have continued to work successfully for trade between nations and trading nations do not bite the hand that feeds them, however the powers that be decided that wasn't enough - and screwed it up.

I now have another dilemma on my plate. I'm Scottish, rightly or wrongly, I voted out at the Indi Ref - and now it appears we may have to go back to the polls. My reason was to allow Scotland to control it's own destiny. However, if I am asked to vote again, I will have to vote No. I voted for more control, not to swap one master for another with a bigger stick. I'm Scottish, then British and then European which is quite different from being part of the EU.

I am dismayed that the younger generation are berating the older generation for 'destroying' their lives. They should be accepting that many in their age group didn't even bother to vote. I was a kid when we joined the EU so really it's all I know. As an adult, I can see that there have been benefits as well as negatives. When I weighed up the pro's and con's, I made a choice. Not based on the speel from politicians but from my own research (internet is a wonderful thing). I have another 30/40 years to live with the consequences BUT I look forward to a positive future. Migrants will always be welcome to fill skills gaps. If we need 20,000 nurses, I want 20,000 nurses, with a reasonable level of English given a quick track into the UK - not 20,000 trades that we can already fill.

We have spent too many years looking inward to EU countries, now we can open up to the world again. We have been putting all of our eggs in one basket for too long because it was easy - now it's time to branch out, expand and lead the way again in a modern Britain.

We made a choice, now we have to keep believing in ourselves while all hell breaks loose. Let the world take a few turns and then come up fighting again. I'm proud that I chose OUT
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 5 (view)

Relocating to UK
Posted: 4/12/2013 3:05:15 PM
Have you checked if you need a work permit?
Phone a couple of recruitment agencies and they will be able to give you some guidance.

Be careful with your money, you might be living on it for quite a while
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 3 (view)

Blackheaded gulls
Posted: 4/12/2013 9:33:11 AM
Where my mum lives is right on the coast in Scotland. Far fewer gulls around now as they were culled, they had become a major nuisance in the town. Never seen any in Surrey/Middlesex in the 3 years I have lived here.
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 7 (view)

Is our future mapped out or do we have freewill?
Posted: 4/12/2013 9:30:04 AM
I agree that many things happen for a reason but not that our lives are mapped out and can't be changed. When we take decisions out of our comfort zone we are escaping the direction and running without a sat nav. Sometimes for the better, sometimes not
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 4 (view)

HOUSE/FLAT INSPECTION
Posted: 4/4/2013 1:59:25 PM
Something to bear in mind is that if you do decide to do the repairs and something goes wrong, you will be held liable.

Withholding rent is definitely not a good idea. You could put it in writing that you are prepared to carry out the repairs yourself if they are willing to pay for materials. They may or may not agree but you would almost certainly have to provide receipts. Landlords obligation is to provide a wind/watertight and safe (gas/electric etc) property. If your issues are leaky taps or dripping gutter, it is not going to be high on the Landlords list.

Good luck anyway
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 8 (view)

Decline of the class system or infalting our standing?
Posted: 4/3/2013 3:36:52 AM
I don't put myself in any 'class' and never think of anyone in those terms. I just see people being people.
 gemini_lady_uk

Could you live on just £53 per week?
Posted: 4/2/2013 6:49:20 AM
As others have said, it all depends on the circumstances, where you live, bills that you have to pay out, debts you may already have, health issues. In some situations, you could survive though but it would not be much of a life.

I can't see the point of the petition going round to get an MP to live like that for a year - it's not going to happen. At most it will show that people are not impressed with his comment.
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 9 (view)

Litigation madness?????
Posted: 4/1/2013 10:30:34 AM
Tactile Guy - this is one stupid woman taking out her own action - the police do not agree with what she is doing and also recognise and understand the reaction from the public.

Yes, there are some bad apples in the barrel (as in any organisation), but they are still a tiny percentage and the majority of officers should not be slated because of the few
 gemini_lady_uk

Litigation madness?????
Posted: 4/1/2013 9:22:11 AM
Police are given torches to be used in places of restricted lighting. She chose not to use the 'safety equipment' provided for her, as far as I am concerned, she is mostly at fault.

The petrol station was closed at the time and presumably the owner had not entered the premises alone because he had been called out due to the alarms going off and thieves could potentially be inside.

If she suffered considerable injury then it would have to have been reported to HSE and they would have investigated if they thought it necessary. If they did, they obviously didn't think an officer tripping over a high kerb warranted action.

This is exactly the sort of thing that will make the public wary about calling out the police and putting themselves in danger. The police do a good job and this case is making them look incompetent, which is very far from the truth.

I hope this case gets thrown out for time wasting. Nobody will want to work with this WPC, nobody will have faith in her to be 'competent' or reliable.

I hate the way that everything has to be somebody else's fault and somebody has to be sued. Does nobody take responsibility for their own incompetence these days......
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 17 (view)

Problem with contract
Posted: 3/27/2013 4:55:07 PM
You may well find that because you have been allowing this to carry on for years, then by 'habit and repute' it is part of the contracted agreement.
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 6 (view)

You couldn't make it up
Posted: 3/25/2013 2:26:50 PM
A lot of H & S is not specific. There are some very stringent rules but many aspects that are taken as law are in fact 'approved codes of practice'. The information provided is designed to be used as a guideline and adapted to particular situations.

In any given situation it is easy to carry out a quick risk assessment and decide whether action requires to be taken. It tends to be employers who act in an over zealous way due mainly to the fear of being sued. Then they 'blame' HSE because they need somebody to blame.

A simple risk assessment takes into account the risk of injury, the severity of injury and the number of people likely to be effected.

If a sensible assessment were to be carried out on the said 'flapjack incident' it would have scored pretty low.
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 59 (view)

When is the Job Market gonna improve in the UK?
Posted: 3/24/2013 3:25:52 PM
I'm quite surprised at the comment about Council staff and sites they access during working hours. When I worked for the Council, sites were restricted. Anything that came under 'shopping' was blocked as well as a number of other sites. We were allowed to use the internet for personal stuff during lunch and before and after work hours. Random monitoring was also carried out to ensure that privilege was not being abused.

The last place I worked (a multi-national Oil & Gas company) was very lax regarding use of the internet - much more so than the Council that I worked for.
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 2 (view)

A slap up for a hide the sausage......
Posted: 3/23/2013 8:10:39 AM
I don't think that is 'new' news. I have known plenty of guys who seems to think that if they take a woman out for dinner that the woman's 'share' is to provide sex. It was the main reason for me to decide when I was 18 that if a guy bought me a drink, I bought the next one, I share the costs of meals etc. That way I never feel that I 'should' do anything, other than saying thank you for the company.

Actually, if I had just eaten a £100 meal - the last thing I would want to do is have sex, I'd just want to go to sleep lol
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 24 (view)

Would you Date Someone with a Disability?
Posted: 3/19/2013 6:09:48 AM
As others say, it would depend the the disability and the impact on normal day to day life. Somebody that had to use a walking stick wouldn't bother me, someone in a wheelchair would be a problem. I live up stairs so technically they might never be able to visit me or join me when I visit friends who also live in an upper flat. If I lived in a wheelchair friendly building then it wouldn't be a problem.

I guess I am not against some disabilites but would take a realistic point of view.
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 44 (view)

When is the Job Market gonna improve in the UK?
Posted: 3/14/2013 2:14:50 PM
I get quite a few Agencies phoning me up and asking if they can put me forward for jobs but I refuse to spend 1 1/2 hours each way travelling so reject most of them - I have savings so I can afford to do that. Obviously, even getting put forward by an agency is no guarantee of a job, but it does reduce the number you are up against.

If you are going through an Agency, it's ideal if you are prepared to accept very short term positions, if you do, and do a good job then you are at the top of the list when they look again and are more likely to get put forward for longer term.temp to term positions

*not just guessing, I used to work for a Recruitment Agency*

Obviously it does depend on your skills and market demand
 gemini_lady_uk

The State of Things on POF
Posted: 3/9/2013 7:06:20 PM
Do you feel better for that rant OP? I'd like to say after trawling through a substantial part of it that I discovered something that I didn't know, but basically it's the same old stuff that gets fired off on a regular basis.
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 63 (view)

Money,Money,Money....
Posted: 3/1/2013 2:59:30 PM
Personally a persons 'top line' earnings would mean nothing to me. Disposable income is what matters. Somebody who makes x amount a year with kids to pay for, mortgage, car etc might actually be worse off than someone on a lower wage who rents/has paid off mortgage, an older but paid for car and grown up kids. The expression Asset rich, cash poor comes to mind.
 gemini_lady_uk

Cynicism and Gameplaying - A lighthearted Tale of young love
Posted: 2/25/2013 12:43:31 AM
I had to have a chuckle at this. Reading this makes me wonder if kids are very grown up or if many adults are very childish. It's the sort of conversation that wouldn't surprise me if it had been amongst adults.

Not sure if the young girl was actively manipulating but she had a choice to make and couldn't. Totally different of course if she expected the two boys to compete by bringing her gifts of chocolate and pencil cases.

I think you gave your son the correct advice. By removing himself from the scenario (so long as he was ready to accept that could be where he stayed) he effectively took away the young girls power over the two lads.

Hopefully it will be a lesson that he will remember and maybe the girl will recall the day she had the carpet pulled from under her
 gemini_lady_uk

Way of meating British citizens ?
Posted: 2/24/2013 6:38:28 AM
I'm confused - you say you are 48 but your profile says you are 50 ? Sorry, but it makes me wonder what else doesn't add up
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 23 (view)

Child free by choice
Posted: 2/23/2013 6:26:31 AM
My daughter and her husband will never have children, not entirely through choice, my daughter is on strong painkillers all the time and does not feel she could cope with coming off of them for a year, in addition, stress makes her a lot worse and there is nothing more constantly stressful than having children, no matter how much joy they can bring into your life. So she could have children but they have made the decision not to and instead they have a wonderfully full life without family.

As a family, we all accept and understand but many people don't - why should we have to explain the reasons why she won't have children.

I always assumed I would have a couple of kids but after my daughter was born, I never felt the urge to try for another. I was told that I would change my mind when my daughter was 'a bit older', 'starts nursery', 'starts school'. That might have been when other people felt different but I was pretty sure I never would. I'd had my daughter, loved her to bits but she used up all the 'maternal instinct' that I had.

Eventually, when I was around thirty, I told the doctor I wanted sterilised. He wasn't keen due to my age but I obviously put forward a convincing argument and so it was done. I have never regretted that decision.

OP - just ignore the hypocrites that seem to think that they know you and your mind better than you know yourself. Be happy in your childless state and rejoice in the freedom it gives you.
 gemini_lady_uk

Courts and the justice system
Posted: 2/22/2013 2:48:18 PM
I agree that the justice system leaves a lot to be desired. It seems wrong to me that you can have two almost identical crimes, two different judges and hugely different sentences. I'd also like to see our prisons turned back into the sort of places that people do not want to return to instead of the cushy numbers they are now.

In saying that, our courts and justice systems are far better than that of many other countries.
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 13 (view)

can't sleep ,help!!
Posted: 2/22/2013 12:44:35 AM
I used to find that listening to relaxation cd's helped me. Just concentrating on listening to someone's rhythmic voice telling me how to relax stopped me from letting my mind wander off to the things that were keeping me awake. I would put it on loop but rarely got to hear the end of the cd even first time around.

My mum tried the method that Sambalady suggested - going to bed at a fixed time, it started off at 2am but her alarm was set to go off at 8am and she got up when it woke her. Gradually she brought back the bedtime earlier and earlier and it worked for her to a degree. It's worth a try.
 gemini_lady_uk

compulsory swimming lessons for kids?
Posted: 2/6/2013 11:58:22 PM
I feel that it is the parents responsibility to make sure their kids can swim. I would like to see free lessons for kids from a young age, why wait until they start school.

I used to take my daughter to the pool to the 'baby' classes and by the time she was 3, she was happily jumping in the swimming pool (with armbands) and could swim a little without them.

Schools struggle enough with finances and whilst general forms of sport can be done within the school grounds, the cost of bussing kids back and forward from schools to swimming baths and the time taken to do so, makes it unrealistic for a lot of schools. In addition, the large size of classes these days would make it extremely difficult for pool attendants/swimming instructors to monitor safely.
 gemini_lady_uk

Time for Change
Posted: 2/5/2013 4:56:39 AM
I agree that schools should spend time teaching basic life skills. I have no idea how the school system works now but I remember that for the last two years when I was in school, we were 'streamed' and you either went down the Academic route or the Technical route. Everybody got a basic education and continued to do english and arithmatic but at 14 you chose your 'route'.

Knowing who won battles or the names of clouds is not going to be of use to many people, knowing how to budget and carry out basic DIY skills, cook a simple meal and sew on a button, write a CV or a report in my view is far more beneficial.

When I went back to college as a mature student, part of my studies was called 'communications'. The first several weeks was spent 'learning' how to structure sentences. The youngsters were having a lot of problems and they were just out of school. Most of the mature students sailed through.

I may not have known all the 'descriptors' but I could look at a sentence and see what was wrong. It took most of the academic year to get all of the class through Comms 3 (which was compulsory), then we were told by the instructor that there was not enough time left to complete Comms 4 - two of us did it in 6 weeks, both of us were mature students.

These days, I see a lot of secretaries, administrators etc who's main job is typing and they can't touch type or spell. I did Secretarial Studies at school and if we couldn't touch type, then we would automatically fail, and if we couldn't spell correctly, there were no spell checkers.
 gemini_lady_uk

Do only attractive women deserve love/sex?
Posted: 2/2/2013 9:10:17 AM
All men, I assume , see women differently - to one they are attractive, to another they are not and funnily enough, same happens with females.

Obviously not 'all men' are going to agree, no more than 'all men agree on what football team to support'.

Some people are desperate, others are not, some will go out with everyone that asks them, others are more selective
 gemini_lady_uk

vitamin supplements
Posted: 2/2/2013 8:00:04 AM
In general I agree with Aquariangirl, most people, if they eat a balanced diet should not need to take supplements. However, there are certain situations that can require them ie iron/folic acid when you are pregnant, additional Vit C if you are a smoker. Obviously you could eat lot extra of the required food type to ensure you don't require supplements but how many people are going to do that.

I boost my Vit C via tablet form on the rare occassion that I have a bad cold but that's about it. I very rarely eat fruit and doubt if I have ever eaten my 5 a day and I don't exercise.

Too many people think that if they pop a pill it makes everything right when often all it does is cost them money.

It is also possible to 'overdose' the system with 'good stuff', in which case you can do more harm than good.
 gemini_lady_uk

Am I still Mrs?
Posted: 2/1/2013 2:09:54 PM
I was a Miss, got married and became a Mrs, got divorced and was no longer a Miss or a Mrs, therefore I am now a Ms. Actually, in this day and age, no matter what my situation, I would call myself a Ms - men don't change their title so why should women
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 14 (view)

women and big heels
Posted: 2/1/2013 12:17:10 PM
OP - can't see what the issue is. If women want to wear high heels and this dictates their choice of partner, then so be it.

Anyone can choose or decline anyone else for whatever reason they want.

I'm only 5'4 and previous partner was 5'6. It didn't bother me, and on the odd occasion still I wore higher heels but in general I started wearing 2 inch heels - never felt as good in them - now I struggle if I wear my high heels

Most women prefer a man to be taller than them but they also like high heels. That's their choice. Might not suit you, but your just going to have to live with it.
 gemini_lady_uk

Question - ever RE-met someone on here?
Posted: 1/29/2013 7:04:05 PM
Can't say anyone has contacted me without realising they had actually met me. I have had a few that send out the same message on a monthly basis and I tell them I am not interested.

Maybe he read the forums and assumed you had given up on internet dating so though it was someone new - or did you change your mind after posting your thread about all the guys you had on the go. I guess you didn't make a big impact on him or he didn't recognise you from your latest photo and status that say that you are no longer 'looking' for dating.

I hope he tells the 'new you' why he lost interest in the 'old you' - maybe you will learn why you end up with lots of dates and lots of friends.

You are looking for friends, just be happy that this guy wants to be friends.
 gemini_lady_uk

How many do you talk too?
Posted: 1/29/2013 4:57:31 PM
I don't see anything wrong in talking to as many as you wish up to a point. Even if you have an initial meet with them, there is nothing wrong with talking to others. However, if you have met someone and decided they are worth pursuing and have gone on to arrange a second 'date', then maybe this is the time to back off from chatting to others.

I doubt if many women would appreciate you continuing to trawl instead of trying to find out if the person you are dating might be something longer term.
 gemini_lady_uk

Is it YOU dating or them?
Posted: 1/29/2013 4:23:38 PM
ibakecakes

Reading all the crap is not the problem - its that some people seem to think it is gospel. Oh a friend said this, I read this on the forums, therefore it must apply to me and my situation. Every situation is unique.

I think that many people on here and in RL give their take on things due to their experiences and leave no room for leeway. There is nothing wrong with listening to others, but at some point, you either allow others to rule your life, or you actually experience it yourself.

I listen to myself, I learn by my own experiences and act on my own judgement - rightly or wrongly - at least I have nobody else to blame if it all goes wrong.
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 18 (view)

Guys sending creepy or perverted messages
Posted: 1/28/2013 2:22:30 PM
Well said Pandora

PoF in some ways mirrors real life but to the extreme. If women walk past a building site in summer and get lewd remarks, they will get them on here. Why do guys send creepy or perverted messages - the answer is simple, because they can and not risk a physical slapped face lol

It's easy to ignore any comments if you feel they are inappropriate or tell the silly boys to grow up. I would rather people came out with their true intentions in a first message than string you along for several messages and then getting round to saying what they want but it only takes a fraction of a second to hit the block button.

The only negative is that when a chat is initiated, you do tend to respond and all the while waiting to see IF the sexual comments are going to start up. It's always a pleasant surprise when they don't.
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 33 (view)

What is a homemaker ?
Posted: 1/26/2013 12:18:25 PM
AwwwShucks

I would say you are a home maker in the truest sense of the word, just as many (mainly married) women are. Your 'job' is to provide a good environment to bring your kids up in, you are doing it without requiring DSS assistance or having to look for alternative work - although I am sure you could claim something or another. If you were claiming benefits, you could be classed as unemployed I guess, but that would defeat the reasons you left your well paid job.

To me, a home maker is someone that stays at home, does not need or look for employment and does not claim any benefits.
 gemini_lady_uk

just be honest
Posted: 1/26/2013 11:46:51 AM
I won't comment on your profile as such but will say that spelling should be checked, if you are poor generally in spelling, type into a word document which will spell check for you, then copy and paste onto your profile - but then that is just me. No doubt there are many women who don't notice spelling or don't care.

What I will say, is that typing in capitals as you have is akin to shouting at people. I would also suggest that you put this question in the 'Profile Review' forum since it is almost certainly to be deleted from here.

Good luck and don't let the lack of responses get to you - it happens to most guys most of the time if you go by what is said on the forums so it's not just you.

Oh, and you actually joined PoF around 3 weeks ago lol
 gemini_lady_uk

Housing Benefits
Posted: 1/26/2013 10:56:07 AM
Understandable Eve - the whole benefits thing is a minefield. There was a time, many, many years ago when the mortgage was paid but that was all stopped. I have been fortunate not to be in this situation but used to work for CAB and we had to know the various aspects to inform clients.

Housing Benefits are about to change in April so you really should look them up, speak to CAB etc because it is going to be a heckafa lot tougher to get a rented property paid by housing benefit. If the mortgage people reposess your house, you will also be blacklisted for finance in the future.

Nothing in life is straightforward and I wish you all the best whatever happens :o)
 gemini_lady_uk

Housing Benefits
Posted: 1/26/2013 10:38:41 AM
Eve, I realise that initially it seems wrong but in reality, your house is an Asset. Unless you are very unlucky, you could sell your house, pay off the mortgage and there will be some finance left over. If it is above a cetain amount then you won't be entitled to any assistance until your savings have dropped to whatever the cut off level is

If your interest was paid, then you would actually benefit in the long run and that is not what DSS assistance is about, you also have to take into account that an owned property has additional expenses, maintainance, building insurance etc

An alternative, if your mortgage lender agrees is to rent out your own property and go into cheaper accommodation although this also has it's problems.

Depending on the size of your home, could you rent out a room. It is tax free up to a specific amount and might just be enough to get you through a rough patch

Shelly - the mortgage isn't paid - it is only the interest so the mortgage owner isn't actually any better off as such - they are just not worse off
 gemini_lady_uk

This should be interesting..............
Posted: 1/26/2013 5:06:27 AM
I don't think that long term unemployed or low income people should refrain from dating. I do however think there will be some restrictions on their dating group.

Personally, I wouldn't start dating someone in that situation although if I was dating someone who lost their job and then took up low paid employment rather than not work, I would continue to see them.

While there are a number of things that couples can do that do not cost money, travelling to meet up does cost, getting to places where there is free entry still costs money. Even going for a walk in the woods would involve travel of some sort.

I can afford the social aspects of my own lifestyle, but could not afford to support someone else in these areas. The people I know and socialise with enjoy the same things as myself. Cinema, theatre, meals out etc. If I were to date someone on an extremely limited income then they would not be able to join in with my other activities, socialise with my friends. They would be left out and possibly be resentful that I went out enjoying myself, whilst they had to stay in.
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 57 (view)

Why are benefits staff always so arrogant.?
Posted: 1/24/2013 3:30:48 PM
Bunnyman

While I don't condone the guys attitude towards you, you obviously only see one side of the story.

It may be that if you were only there to sign on, the person you spoke to did not have the knowledge to advise you, therefore directed you elsewhere. It may have been that each person is only allocated a very short period of time to go through the 'signing on' process and that it was not the appropriate place to ask. While the website information may have said to ask at the Office, it maybe wasn't clear as to who you should ask. Obviously, the reason you were not given information at that time and place should have been explained to you.

As for his lunch being more important - Benefits staff are given set times to have lunch. They do not get to add on an extra 15 minutes if they are late because someone else will be due to take their lunch and cannot leave until the first is back. Staff are there to do there job, during the time they are there to work - not to use their personal UNPAID lunchtime.

There is no excuse for rudeness but there are always two sides of a story.

I assume you did go on to ask the question and got a satisfactory answer at your training course.

Oh and just to clarify, I do not work for the Benefits Office so that is not the reason I have made my comments.
 gemini_lady_uk

How is the weather affecting you?
Posted: 1/24/2013 9:00:11 AM
When I lived in Cornwall, the Scottish weather followed me - Cornwall was shut off completely at one point, the bridge and road route were both closed due to snow - it was 28 years ago though haha.

The navy base was on minimum staff but it didn't stop the Scottish guys getting around. I was even out with my daughter in her pram and away down to the shops - only to find most of them shut :o)
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 14 (view)

rights to warn
Posted: 1/23/2013 1:12:16 PM
A lot of newer phones have a feature where you can block a number - might be worth looking into that
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 31 (view)

Would you feel insulted?
Posted: 1/23/2013 8:42:20 AM
I wouldn't feel insulted - only posting this to see if my 5 posts a day ban is still on lol
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 12 (view)

CEASED looking for a boyfriend via internet dating. but what to do with the many men I 'met' online before I made this decision?
Posted: 1/23/2013 8:40:10 AM
Polly - did you notice that the title of the thread got changed though so that it complies. First time I have ever known that to happen so either she paid heed or someone else intervened lol.
 gemini_lady_uk

rights to warn
Posted: 1/23/2013 8:37:31 AM
Problem with being able to give out warnings is that some men and women would abuse the ability and make up false accusations.

My ages ago ex is on the site, looking for dating and stating he is divorced. Technically that isn't a lie, I know he was divorced from his first wife, but he is most certainly still married to his second wife (only a year ago as well). I warned friends in the area he claims to live (it's actually where he stays during the week for work).

Not much else you can do apart from hoping other women don't get too badly burned. Just ignore it, it's not your problem and be thankful you are shot of him.
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 16 (view)

Tumour/Lump Diagnosis Removal & Results?
Posted: 1/23/2013 8:31:45 AM
Glad things worked out fine in the end. Shame you had that worry beforehand
 gemini_lady_uk

DILEMMA
Posted: 1/23/2013 8:30:18 AM
Surely if the guy didn't even know she was quarter caste, his dad won't know either. If the dad gets to know her before he finds out, his might feel differently - unless of course he just doesn't like her anyway
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 110 (view)

Contact History - what's yours?
Posted: 1/22/2013 12:06:51 PM
Lochlomond - Nice to see a guy who is not complaining about lack of responses/dates.

Unless things are getting serious with any of the women, and so long as you haven't led them into believing they are 'the one', maybe the easiest thing to do is just say you are going out with friends

VVVV Lus, only reason I said 'friends' is cos Lochlomond doesn't feel comfortable saying he is on dates. TBH, I'd be more concerned that these women want a night by night diary of what he is up to. Personally, I would be honest and say I was going to meet someone - which no doubt would instantly whittle down the numbers, thereby solving that issue :o)
 gemini_lady_uk

Break the rules, pay the ultimate price?
Posted: 1/22/2013 6:48:11 AM
I've always been an advocate of 'live in my house, live by my rules' and this policy would extend to 'come to my country, pay heed to my laws'.

This wasn't some outlandish law, I doubt if anyone that travels is unaware that carrying/selling drugs is illegal. She broke the law of the country and while she might not have realised that the death penalty was possible, ignorance is no excuse, therefore she should pay the penalty, even if it is the ultimate.

So what if she is so very sorry and remorseful, that is not a defence. How many lives could she have destroyed by her act.

If she was caught carrying the drugs into the country and admitted it, there is no chance of the charge being incorrect.

Let her be an example in the hope that it will deter others from trying to abuse a beautiful part of the world and spoil it for the people who live there and those who visit with good intentions.

It's all very well to claim she was set up and her children were being threatened but that cannot be used as an excuse, she knew what she was doing and instead of taking action to protect her kids (if this was actually true). Surely that is an excuse that anyone can come up with in the hope of leniency - my kids, parents, spouse......
 gemini_lady_uk

Question for ladies aged over 50....
Posted: 1/21/2013 3:35:06 PM
Haha Tray - be wicked and just spit it out anyway :o)

*Double dare*

Show ALL Forums