Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Tall_IQ2 is just a big fake wanna be looser
 AussieNancy
Msg: 343 (view)

Tall_IQ2 is just a big fake wanna be looser
Posted: 2/18/2015 11:01:03 PM
I cant believe I can post. Thankyou Otto for your response. :)
However, something is wrong here. Hacked? I don't know but I'll delete my profile for a little while. Had to change my password to get here. Not good. Something is wrong. Bye for now. xx
 AussieNancy
Msg: 311 (view)

Posted: 2/18/2015 5:34:21 PM
Best that you leave now. Enough said.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 300 (view)

Posted: 2/18/2015 4:14:35 PM

The above post (307) quote is from another thread, not the moderator only forum

Fair enough. However you didn't answer my question. How are you able to read what is written in that otherwise Private Forum. Its designed for mods and Admin only to read; not the general population here.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 296 (view)

Posted: 2/18/2015 3:56:24 PM
Ed...how are you able to access the contents of the Volunteer Mods thread? Ya know, you really shouldn't be doing that anyway. Its a breech of privacy. Just saying.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 12 (view)

Apparently the mods have left this site?
Posted: 2/18/2015 3:25:28 PM
I'm a female. :) Just thought I'd be naughty and road trip your forum.

There have been no mods since August/September. One left the site (like we all will one day) and the other just isn't a Mod any more. Regarding the missing post here, its more than likely that the poster deleted his or her post within minutes of writing it. I've done that many times.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 197 (view)

Posted: 2/17/2015 7:33:26 PM

I know the difference between "facts" and "hearsay" vile gossip tripe defamation. Possibly so would you if you were in CA USA

...are you saying that anyone who doesn't live in CA is totally ignorant? Wow! How ignorant of you.

Please remember to be more careful who you pay attention to.

Ummm excuse me?
 AussieNancy
Msg: 196 (view)

Posted: 2/17/2015 6:34:43 PM

You just want to spread the joy, pretend you're a mod, pretend you're something and spread crud around the threads. You gonna send the FBI after Aussie Nancy too? What a moron.

What are you getting from this Tall? Negative attention brought solely on yourself...that's kind of sad. Why be here if we are all so terrible?

I'm sure a big important guy like you would have more fun somewhere else. Leave. You're notmdoing anyone any favours by staying. It is comic relief though...al that copied posts, files on us, contacting the authorities in California. Are you posting from a mental asylum or prison...

Well said Bluemoon. :)
 AussieNancy
Msg: 194 (view)

Posted: 2/17/2015 6:23:33 PM

When certain bitter envious lonely singles with nothing better to do all day start spreading vituperative tripe with defamation online,

Who is bitter and envious? Envious of what? You make no sense.

there are always a few naive souls who seem to get hooked on any vile gossip they can spew.

Once again, Steve, it's not gossip; its fact. I know the difference between facts and hearsay as well thankyou very much. You know full well of your appalling and illegal conduct here so stop simply posting cryptic replies and actually RESPOND. You're a grown man. You admit to nothing while everyone else knows you're full of it.

Your credibility as a potential Moderator has fallen into the shiit hole. You're laughable.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 190 (view)

Posted: 2/17/2015 3:46:12 PM
I see you've edited your post quite a bit.

For the record, it's not vile gossip; it's fact.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 188 (view)

All Aboard the Crazy Train....choo...choo
Posted: 2/17/2015 3:00:19 PM
Ya know, I'll never understand how people get off by posting people's real names, addresses, their jobs etc in the Forums here and get banned for life after being warned repeatedly to stop, then arrogantly shrug it off and come back.

Even more amazing is, after putting POF at legal risk by sharing private information AND being known to be one of the biggest trolls in the history if this site, someone thinks their integrity is such that they deserve to be a Mod.

I shake my head in disbelief at the audacity of some. I'm just......... speechless.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 9 (view)

Why was my post locked up by a couple of regular users?
Posted: 2/14/2015 7:36:18 PM

Can anyone tell me why if we no longer have mods am I still not allowed to write any threads?

Because your ability to create new threads was probably revoked and no mods means no one can reinstate such bans.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 9 (view)

Profile Review....Please!
Posted: 2/10/2015 9:14:58 PM
You need to elaborate on what makes you tick and what personality traits you're looking for in a lady.

Make your profile fun and positive. Get out there and stand out against all the other guys out there. :)

user must be visible in all pics.

Agreed. So remove the car photo (as awesome as it is). On a side note I think it's best for someone who gives advice to follow their own advise. Curiousin.....not all of your photos have a photo of you in them either. Just an observation.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 82 (view)

Forum Posting Violations Please Report Here
Posted: 2/9/2015 5:54:53 PM
I'm sorry you feel that being told to ****** yourself is perfectly okay. I simply answered the above poster to confirm the fact that there are no mods at this stage in case she wasn't aware. Both of us were sticking up for you.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 80 (view)

Posted: 2/9/2015 5:04:55 PM
Unfortunately, considering there are no forum moderators any more there's nothing that can be done other than a direct message to Admin. The forums are turning into a free for all. :(
 AussieNancy
Msg: 27 (view)

only upgraded can message user is STUPID!
Posted: 2/7/2015 11:30:07 PM
Groveman..... Please read our comments. We do not make the rules and we do not force the hand of a user to edit their preferred mail settings. I cant understand why you disregard our posts.

Are you just venting or seeking help and advice?
 AussieNancy
Msg: 24 (view)

Posted: 2/7/2015 4:44:31 PM
^^^^
 AussieNancy
Msg: 20 (view)

Hey there :)
Posted: 2/7/2015 1:49:20 AM

I think a flirt option is a great idea, but if they're going to do that, make it obvious it's a flirt, don't make it appear as if the woman has actually sent you a message. It's ridiculous

...she HAS sent you a message.....of sorts. Its an indication of interest. If an indication of interest is so appalling to you that you have to keep carrying on about contacts ........ including paid member contacts...then this site seriously does not suit your expectations. Good luck on another site.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 11 (view)

Why's there no direct link to these forums?
Posted: 2/7/2015 1:08:56 AM

He does, and it is done on his own blog which is separate from this sh*t show

^^^^
 AussieNancy
Msg: 22 (view)

Posted: 2/6/2015 10:09:53 PM

The site offers its' users personal choice of whom they wish to speak with. Some people don't want to hear from smokers, some don't want to hear from people with no photos, some don't want to hear from people 75 miles away, some don't want to hear from people from other countries some will only speak to females. Personal choice of which they don't need to explain themselves.

Thankyou for completely disregarding my post as quoted above.......

My point is that it appears to me that it is something more than just someone setting their preferences to block unpaid users.....it seems highly implausible to me that one would pay to become a paid member, and then set their mail settings to block messages from 75% of possible matches just because they are not paid members. Seems to me that that particular mail setting is automatically set until a user becomes aware of that particular setting and learns how to change it.

I shake my head.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 21 (view)

Posted: 2/6/2015 9:59:50 PM

Yes I have been able to contact some paid members, but so many of them say they do not want messages from unpaid members, it has to be that their mail settings are set automatically for them and they don't realize it,

You are not listening!!! Only we, as users, choose our mail settings when we create our profiles. How difficult is it to view your own profile then click edit?? There is also a button to press which is about one inch wide in the middle of the page which says Mail Settings. ONE SIMPLE CLICK. If women complain they can't even do that then they are playing with you.
 AussieNancy

Posted: 2/6/2015 3:35:42 PM

When you first sign on to this site, you don't really know how to navigate the mail settings....

Yes you do, because it's all part of creating your profile.

but if I'm going to pay, I'm taking my money somewhere else where the site doesn't put preposterous roadblocks in my way.

The site offers its' users personal choice of whom they wish to speak with. Some people don't want to hear from smokers, some don't want to hear from people with no photos, some don't want to hear from people 75 miles away, some don't want to hear from people from other countries some will only speak to females. Personal choice of which they don't need to explain themselves.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 11 (view)

Are you being held hostage by POF forum posters?
Posted: 2/5/2015 4:20:22 PM
^^^^
 AussieNancy
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 2/5/2015 3:07:52 PM
""Send me an email when I have mail at POF: Yes No
Send me an email when someone says yes to me on meet me: Yes No
Send me weekly matches: Yes No
Send me an email when someone adds me to their favorites: Yes No
Allow emails from Local Singles Events: Yes No
Allow emails (first contact) from users without images on their profile: Yes No
Allow emails (first contact) from only upgraded users: Yes No""

As you can see, we can all choose what mail we would prefer to receive. It's the individual user, not the site. :)
 AussieNancy
Msg: 6 (view)

Could you help me to delete my past posts?
Posted: 2/1/2015 3:36:26 PM
You know, if you hadn't have posted this we probably would have never seen the threads you want deleted anyway, as they date back to July 2012. Why now?

As advised, there are no moderators at this stage to delete anything. Even if there were, poster remorse is not a valid reason to delete threads. One does have to think carefully about the content of their threads and be prepared for possible negative feedback. I know; I've done it myself in the past which led to loss of my ability to create new threads.

Deleting your profile and creating a new one if you so wish is your only option unfortunately.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 2 (view)

This site... Pfft
Posted: 1/31/2015 11:36:42 PM
What errors are you referring to? Whats your issue? We cannot help if we don't know what your problems are. Please elaborate so we can help you.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 3 (view)

I think my profile is invisible , please offer assistance.
Posted: 1/31/2015 11:32:04 PM
Yup you are visible.
 AussieNancy

meet me feature issue
Posted: 1/27/2015 9:50:57 PM
The "Meet Me " feature was brought in roughly 3 years ago. It's never been completed, never modified or polished off. So we see it as a useless feature. Why indicate you might want to meet someone but don't message them to back up your interest?

Anyone here remember when "No means no" first came in to the news, regarding rape? Maybe means yes? LOL.

Who's laughing at that totally uncalled for comment? Before you call me an old prude, consider this: A daughter comes running home in tears. She said "maybe" so the guy took it as a "yes" and raped her.

Slow clap. Way to go dude. Wooo hooo.

Back to topic. Its a well known fact the Meet Me feature was never finished off. Forget it. Its just the same as someone viewing you. Five seconds of interest...nothing more.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 30 (view)

Question
Posted: 1/27/2015 5:28:09 PM

My goals are to finish BCC, earn a two year degree and become a voice actor. My aspirations are to find a good career, settle down and start a good family. I'm a little shy, always thoughtful. And sorry about the no car. Anything else you want to know, just ask. :)

First Date
Surprise me.

Ok, then. What else do I fill my profile with?

1/ Are you looking for friends only or a serious relationship with a view to start a family? You need to make that clear.
2/ What do you do for fun? What makes you tick?
3/ What sort of lady are you looking for?
4/ Never mind the car issue at this stage.

5/ First date is terrible, sorry. It shows you wont make any effort and have no imagination.
6/ Put some humour, some of your personality in your profile.
7/ Use your imagination and write something that will inspire the ladies to WANT to ask you for more details.
8/ Get clearer photos of yourself. Add a caption to each. Make them interesting and let your personality shine.

Best of luck to you.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 7 (view)

pof bug
Posted: 1/26/2015 6:19:29 PM

First contact messages must be: 50, 100, 200, 300

That definately stops the silly "Hi" messages. However, it doesn't stop those who write "Hi" 25 times. I've had that and even one saying " this is bull shyte, this is bull shyte, this is bull shyte " and so on. Unbelieavable. As if I'd respond to that!
 AussieNancy
Msg: 14 (view)

How to block certain users from posting on my posts?
Posted: 1/24/2015 2:43:58 PM

I can post what I want,

We all can post what we want but it has to be in compliance with the rules.

I'm not hurting anyone, unlike you people who keep being nasty.

...so naming and shaming a user and calling people hags in one of your thread isn't being nasty?

If someone came on here for the sole purpose of bashing me ......something like: "Hey everyone. I've heard AussieNancy is a stalking, lying, rude, harassing hag." I'd be pretty upset. Wouldn't you if it were you they were referring to? Grounds for revocation of posting ability and a long ban.

Having said that many of us have suggested in this and other threads of yours to never mind about W0W and concentrate on your studies.
And no; we cannot deny our fellow users of freedom of speech here in the forums. Only the Forum Mods can / could at their discression.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 4 (view)

pof bug
Posted: 1/23/2015 2:15:25 PM

they dont even take 5 minutes to send a message or reply or simply start a conversation? it makes me sick!

What makes me sick is when men demand that we answer them. Well guess why many of us don't? Because too many men get abusive and say "what? Are you too good for me, bitcch?" etc etc

In spite of that and expecting the ladies to fall at your feet, I suggest you go to Profile Reviews.
 AussieNancy

my thread/post in profile reviews.
Posted: 1/20/2015 6:09:16 PM
Unfortunately there is no one to assist you at this stage. Your thread will have to remain.

I read all the comments. All I can say is best to take the advice of the posters there (albeit rather harshly worded in some cases) and do not continue to fire back at them (no pun intended) as it serves no purpose. Good luck to you.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 13 (view)

+/-14 yr age difference
Posted: 1/17/2015 10:10:13 PM

but what it did do is remind us that Markus panders to stupid women.

How charming of you, Mr zeegary. Blame it on the women. The restriction was put in place to stop seedy old men from messaging 18 year olds, and to stop the young blokes from messaging people my age. Same for women. To stop the cougars messaging the young fellas and the young women messaging older blokes looking for a sugar daddy.

This site is NOT the only way to meet people. Markus' site....his rules like it or lump it.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 147 (view)

Are there any active moderators?
Posted: 1/17/2015 6:02:29 PM
Woah! That's really harsh.

The Mods did their unpaid and thankless (from Admin) jobs in the interests of us all and, in my opinion, they did it well. Yes they imposed bans on people, including myself, but it was deserved. I did the wrong thing, as do countless others but I never came back and spat acid at them like you just have.

There's differing opinions on the need for mods and that's okay but people have to remember, they didn't only chastise people in the name of keeping law and order, they helped people with complicated queries which was above and beyond the average user's knowledge. Hence this very forum - the Help Forum. In the meantime some of us are experienced enough to assist others but not all the time.

I still think we need them and need them to rid the site of trolls such as yourself.
 AussieNancy

Interesting glitch just now- I see this overlay in blue in Forums pages:
Posted: 1/15/2015 3:49:32 PM
Yep, I have it too. Maybe they ARE fiddling around with a new layout. Have to just wait and see I guess.
 AussieNancy

FAQ : How To Delete Your / My Account
Posted: 1/13/2015 2:39:19 PM
Please see above instructions.
 AussieNancy

getting kicked off this week
Posted: 1/8/2015 7:31:46 PM

I've already messaged pof about it with the user id.

For privacy reasons POF will not disclose any details regarding another users' account.

Im thinking this user who is repeatedly getting kicked off is doing something wrong. Best to just leave it be. His new profiles are also triggering something within the system which, to me, waves a red flag.
 AussieNancy

No longer an upgraded member, question about messaging
Posted: 1/8/2015 7:24:01 PM
Just a thought. Are you SURE your membership has expired.....?
 AussieNancy
Msg: 13 (view)

Anyone else having issues with sending messages?
Posted: 1/7/2015 1:37:56 PM

im having problems send message off pof its saying unsuccessful why is that

A few reasons.
1/ Check the mail restrictions on their profiles. eg. smoker, distance, age etc.
2/ We cannot message people +/- a 14 year age difference.
3/ Make sure you don't type any words which may be construed (by the system) to be of a sexual nature. The filters are tough on that one.
4/ The pending recipient has blocked you.

Being a new user, your messages need to be brief but to the point and as time goes on you will see that the system tends to get more and more lenient on your message content....but only to a point of course.

All the best. x
 AussieNancy
Msg: 58 (view)

Posted: 1/6/2015 10:21:03 PM
...this is why we need moderators. .......
 AussieNancy
Msg: 27 (view)

Compromised Account
Posted: 1/5/2015 4:22:12 PM
If moderators where here, they would be able to help you with accurate information but we don't have any at this stage.

All I can think of is do a thread search under the title "Hacked account". I had a look and there's heaps of threads concerning same. Granted they are old but hopefully you may find an adequate answer to your unique situation.

The POF system does not recognize his email address, his user name, or his password.

The only way a username can now be changed is if one is an upgraded member. Therefore I would suggest your friend contact his financial institution to stop all payments to POF (if he pays month to month or even 3 months.)

He is getting email notifications from people who are now trying to contact this individual, but he is not able to open them or respond.

........so he IS getting emails from POF........

One cannot ring Customer Service or contact them through FB. Their only link to communication is csr@pof.com

Best of luck with this unfortunate dilemma. x
 AussieNancy
Msg: 25 (view)

Blocked? or deleted Account?
Posted: 1/4/2015 6:24:45 PM
If the account doesn't exist any more you have no chance of contacting her again. All the best.
 AussieNancy

Blocked without seeing profile
Posted: 1/4/2015 6:16:26 PM
The OP said he was blocked.

Yes you can block people with no message history. Add them as a favourite then go to messages, (there wont be any of course), then click on block user.
 AussieNancy

Possible Accidental Block?
Posted: 1/4/2015 4:00:01 PM

Is there a way for someone to serve as a go-between

Occasionally people have kindly acted as a go-between. I'd message him for you but you're way out of my age group.

If, somehow, it IS an accidental block, hopefully at some stage he'll check his blocked list and unblock you.
All the best.
 AussieNancy

75 miles; no pictures.
Posted: 12/28/2014 5:02:47 PM
I'm unfamiliar with the geographics over there, but from what Ive been told......the distance is based on "As the crow flies". In other words ...not distance by road. Don't know if that's any help but its all I can think of. :)
 AussieNancy

Account disapeard - can a mod help
Posted: 12/26/2014 2:29:05 PM
The only reasons for automatic profile deletion I can think of are: Multiple accounts, abusive user reported numerous times by different individuals and extreme forum abuse.

Some years ago my computer was hacked and my account sent out multiple offensive messages to random people and all the mods at that time. I was mortified. Took me a while to be able to come back with a new IP address.

Mods can't / couldn't touch our accounts; they only dealt with the forums.

To above poster...at least you got your money back each time. :)
 AussieNancy
Msg: 10 (view)

not letting me log in
Posted: 12/24/2014 11:34:13 PM
I get the same message when I try to log in to the dating side of this site. I have to try three or four times then I give up, log out, log back into POF, try again and it works. Shouldn't have that drama I know, but at least you know you're not the only one experiencing this. As to why? Only Admin knows but good luck with getting a response out of them.

...and to Not_Single....if I was a mod I would have kicked your arse right out of here big time as you are an attention seeking, insulting troll. We all know it. No one cares what you think. When you respond it will give us even more reason to laugh at you, Mr Moderator. You can laugh at me all you want. I don't care. Case closed.

Let us move on together shall we?
 AussieNancy

There's a virus attached to POF
Posted: 12/24/2014 11:08:01 PM
Go to Google and type in pof Then click on forum chat.

Ive been on this site since 2008 and Plenty of Fish has never infected my computer.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 22 (view)

[quote] Editing screws up quote box [/quote]
Posted: 12/21/2014 4:35:48 PM
Once again, please avail yourself to messages 6 and 13.

I found it annoying too, until I was told of the way around it. [ b ] [ /b ] without the spaces in the brackets at the very beginning of your post. Works perfectly. :)
 AussieNancy
Msg: 142 (view)

Are there any active moderators?
Posted: 12/21/2014 4:20:27 PM
The initiator or the thread deletion has to select from a drop down menu. This Menu contains reasons including: "billboarding/ trolling", "Redundant subject.", "Should be Obvious", "Forum Protest", "Attention seeking", "Soliciting/ spam", and others I cant think of right now. :)

The initiating person chooses the most appropriate reason listed in the menu and then others vote based on that reason chosen. If they don't agree, they either wont vote at all or vote to keep the thread.

I do have to wonder, though, why some threads give us the option to vote and some don't. Hmmmm

Show ALL Forums