Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: what do you do when ex girlfriend's lover does not like us keeping in touch
 stephaniedayton2
Msg: 4 (view)

what do you do when ex girlfriend's lover does not like us keeping in touch
Posted: 3/11/2007 3:04:06 PM
I would tell my ex that i am willing to be in a friend relationship with her if I don't have to lie to my friends about it.. I shouldn't have to hide any part of my life.. if her new so can't deal with the fact that she wants to still be friends that is something that they need to work out and actually has nothing to do with you.. I would be supportive of the ex if you are really her friend because this situation sounds like something deeper (controlling) is going on in her new relationship
 stephaniedayton2
Msg: 76 (view)

Do we have a right to know of our partners past or not?
Posted: 3/11/2007 3:00:41 PM
i think i have a right to know anything that might affect me.. ie: std's history of cheating things like that... I don't think i have a right to know how many people they have slept with or anything like that... I would like to think that if I was in a relationship with someone they would want to share with me their past, but I don't want to know everything nor do I think i should.. I hope that i would have picked someone who wouldn't need to hid anything from me
 stephaniedayton2
Msg: 5 (view)

Questions that are sexually related. How long should you wait to ask them?
Posted: 3/11/2007 2:56:07 PM
many many guys on here are just looking for a quick fix... they put dating or long term as what they are looking for so that people won't block them but are hoping that as soon as they talk to you you will rip off your clothes and jump into bed with them... I think it is actually amusing.. I am not offended easily so their comments don't bother me personally. I think it is actually humorus and helpfull that these jerks will out themselves so early in the conversation so that I know that they are not worth my time... so i say keep doing it guys!!!... it makes it so much easier for me to spot the good ones
 stephaniedayton2
Msg: 19 (view)

new baby, new guy?
Posted: 2/25/2007 7:57:03 PM
babyg do you mention that he is a friend of your brothers and that your brother doesn't know about what is going on because your brother might not like it? If you have any questions as to the intent of this guy wouldn't your brother be a good person to ask about him? If you really feel that there might be a connection with this guy then i see no reason not to find out if there is something there but you have to do it in a time frame that you are comfortable with... I commend you for keeping your son as the main focus in your life... I think the best thing would be to talk to your brother about it and make sure this is a stand up kind of guy then if things look good make plans to hang out... sounds like it would be better to hang at your house because of the smoke and you will be able to attend to your son. Make sure he knows that this is going to be an easy thing to make the time and that you aren't looking to hook- up. This may be bad timing but if he is a good guy for you i don't see why you can't make something work.. as long as you are honest with him and with yourself.
 stephaniedayton2
Msg: 20 (view)

Perverted / Rude Emails
Posted: 2/21/2007 3:31:23 PM
i put up pictures of me in my real life... every picture I have was taken in a public place. now I am not ignorant to the fact that indeed there is a large ammount of clevage in one of my pictures. i wore that shirt out to the bar one night and got a good pic that i wanted to put up... now in real life and online i have a theory if I am going to put them out there than I can not be offended if you look. leering and rude comments are another thing... normal people wouldn't walk up to a person on the street and tell them that they have nice t!ts but it happens all the time... if some one opens with that they simply get deleted. I don't want someone to like me for my chest... i want some one to like me and my chest. but if it is mentioned in a lighthearted way I take it as a compliment.

edit* forgot one thing.. I felt like i was getting too many of the wrong kinds of messages for a while so i switched photos the main one is now more demure than some of the others but it seems to have cut down the number of objectionable emails
 Stephaniedayton2
Msg: 84 (view)

What is unconditional love to you?
Posted: 2/8/2006 1:31:28 AM
you can love someone unconditionally and not be able to be with them... there is someone in my past who I love unconditionally and for whatever reason we can't be together but that doesn't negate the love that is there. lovers can have unconditional love... just because i love you doesn't mean we must be together.
 Stephaniedayton2
Msg: 23 (view)

Top Ten Boyfriends - 2006
Posted: 1/31/2006 6:44:27 PM
taye diggs is the most beautiful and talented man.... also his devotion to his wife is so adorable
 stephaniedayton2
Msg: 5 (view)

What is it that makes women submissive?
Posted: 1/9/2006 6:36:34 PM
i think there are a couple of reasons for this:
(I think the pink mafia is going to come after me for this theory but that is fine)

A lot of women these days are very much in control of their own lives we have been brought up to believe that we don't need anyone else to survive and we don't. At times though it is really nice to feel protected and taken care of and when somone takes the lead in the bedroom it kind of shows us that he can take care of buisness if we needed him to.

The other thing is that we are taught that sex is dirty, bad, hidden, if you like sex your a slut and other things that just make us think that if we enjoy it too much that might just make us a bad person. When someone else takes control of the situation it relieves some of the subliminal guilt that we have. It is much easier to let go if someone tells you it's alright to

I might be way off but that is just my opinon on the matter
 stephaniedayton2
Msg: 9 (view)

A horrible and awkward situation. I'm really stuck here.
Posted: 12/17/2005 2:36:09 PM
ok i will log in on this seeing as i was in a very similar relationship once and I was the girl...
walk away... quickly this girl obviously doesn't want to be with you but can't get rid of you for some reason (in my case i really did care about him I just didn't want to hurt him but by doing that I ended up hurting him more) this cycle will continue till one of you walks away no other way out best of luck
 stephaniedayton2
Msg: 102 (view)

why do people lie about liking big women?
Posted: 12/11/2005 12:03:04 AM
oh dear here we are again.. and at ten pages no less..I have read most of this post and have come to a conclusion...this is in fact a dating site and while I know there are some people who have found love and continue to pop into the forums most of us here are single.. and trying to find someone. this is obviously not an easy task, and many of us have gotten frustrated. it is easy to blame our lack of a companion on something tangable like being fat or short or being a nice guy. It is even easier to blame the opposite group. (ie: fat girls saying skinny girls are stupid or b1tchie) but in the end we just simply haven't found the right person. Fat girls aren't nicer than skinny girls any more than skinny girls are b1tchier than fat ones. there are nice tiny people and b1tchy large ones.. my personality is not formed by my dress size also I can guarentee that I will not be the size I am now forever by I will never change who i am! if I gain 20lbs i will not be a better person nor will losing it make me stupider. i have no issue with men who say they do or do not like bigger girls. everyone has their own opinions, but I really don't understand why people feel the need to tell people how to run their own lives and be unsulting in the process. I know I could stand to lose some weight but it will never happen if I am not ready..I have heard many times of people complaining of bigger girls giving each other encouragement as enabeling(sp?) them to stay fat. is it possible that they are just trying to compensate for the deeply hurtfull comments that larger people hear all the time.. there are plenty of examples in this very thread of just such hurtfull words. It is hard to find someone to share your life with and these forums should be a place where we find support from people who are going through similar things not have to be subjected to hurtfull things from anyone. but I can at least say one thing for the mean things said on the forums at least it lets us cross a few people off the list of possibilities!
 stephaniedayton2
Msg: 221 (view)

So ya wanna be a poet?
Posted: 12/8/2005 5:08:03 PM
ok I wanted to throw something in here too so here goes

I slept in the moonlight of a thousand tears
with birds flying into my closed windows
I am sitting cold in the heat of summer
sunlight and beautiful
carefull to keep my head alive and cold now
here smiling together chirping alone
cold winds move me
small feet and hands hold a life together
the sleaves of a fall sweater far too long now
now again here
holding for my goal
sit on my rocks
hold onto my leaves for dear life
tomorrow
not longer just a phone call away
sit in your glass house with stones ready
now here tonight
I don't care if you throw them or not
because my nose is cold
and I look beautiful in the sunlight
my garden
you sleep under the grass now
I want you under my feet
to sit above you here with the bees
and chirping
my hair falling in my eyes
around your neck
sitting at our red picnic table
in the shade of my sun
I freeze while thoes around me keep warm
 stephaniedayton2
Msg: 84 (view)

Beauty in the eye of the beholder
Posted: 12/2/2005 10:45:02 PM
lady
it has been my experience that only people who don't love themselves can say hurtfull things to others. I feel a bit sorry for your husband as he was obviously someone who missed out on a lot in life, not the least of which was not seeing the obvious beauty who he was so lucky to have shared his life with. If I was you I would take this as an opportunity to start something new and wonderful. live your life exactly as you want to and realize that you are as amazing as you make yourself and beautiful as god made you.

Show ALL Forums