Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: * 67 to have ID Caller come up as blocked call
 bewitchingall1
Msg: 7 (view)

* 67 to have ID Caller come up as blocked call
Posted: 11/14/2008 8:03:49 AM
I agree with the one person...if your calling me then you have my number don't block yours. I've spoke to a few people over the phone early into contact an they blocked their numbers. Needless to say I don't speak with them any more...because they were looking for more than just hearing my voice. Skype is good to hear a voice or even yahoo messenger you can talk over a mic and use a cam to see the person even better than a cell phone. It don't waist minutes if they aren't who they claim to be and you can see them before you set a meeting. But when it comes to phone calls I prefer someone honest enough to show where they are calling from.
 bewitchingall1
Msg: 29 (view)

Here's an interesting thing that happened recently
Posted: 11/14/2008 7:15:17 AM
Wow I've read a portion of the responses to this forum and I'm really surprised how many think you should have paid. I'm with you on this op....he asked you out...he pays! Even if he intended on you paying he should have said something in the phone conversation...not at the resturant. It would have been extremely embarassing for both of you if neither could have afforded the meal. I personally would have said something to him right then an there an not ordered anything but to go home. Alternating paying is fine for a "COUPLE" that is in an exclusive type relationship but when your just dating who ever initiates the date should pick up the tab. As you stated he didn't know your financial status so why assume you had the money to pay. Plus to offer to take you anywhere you wanted to go? WTF Oh well ....sorry it happen op guess there are some that don't think like us. Thats why I have dating 101 on my profile...so there is no guess work. lol Best of Luck in the future
 bewitchingall1
Msg: 50 (view)

Question about shapes and sizes...
Posted: 10/13/2008 7:10:41 PM
Personally my younger years of gymnastics has paid off. I can still do a split, backbend, as well as wrap my legs behind my neck. Being big chested however does get alittle tricky in some positions. But the flexibility I still have more than compensates for the trickier positions. You just need to find ways to use your assets for the short comings. After all isn't total satisfaction for both great sex....
 bewitchingall1
Msg: 9 (view)

IM Etiquette
Posted: 10/12/2008 2:27:01 PM
Those kind of IM's are quickly dismissed with a click of a button. If they don't get the hint an IM again don't accept or block them.
Msg prior...as far as IMing while doing things is fine even if your response time is slow provided the other party is aware that your busy @ work or whatever. I was refering to the people that IM you for the first time. Why IM someone with no topic to talk about or have other things going on if you have IMd someone to get to know them for the first time. It's not telling me your interested enough to take time from other things if you expect me to carry the entire conversation after you say your initial "hi how are you". If you take the time to IM me for the first time cause your wanting to get to know me then be there for the conversation or don't IM me til you can.
 bewitchingall1
Msg: 32 (view)

should age differance be a deal breaker in a relationship
Posted: 10/12/2008 2:05:03 PM
I agree with TPNW there are some men looking to have children so they won't want an older woman that is beyond that point. Which is why I personally make it important to point out that from the get go with any new possible significant other. For some it's not a question of if we want children its a fact we can't have any. That is true of even young woman that can't concieve for medical reasons. It may not be a want to factor involved but a medical reason the negates they can't. Saying I don't want children is a blanket statement which don't allow for those that want but can't. There are also those that can't have children of their own but would be thrilled to be involved with someone that has children from a previous relationship. Maybe POF should put those in the drop down list....lol So should menopause, infertility, and impotence figure into the age factors? Only in the sense that we all need to know how to be honest and forth right with one another. and the discussion goes on.................
 bewitchingall1
Msg: 51 (view)

Long Distance Relationship Heebie Jeebies...Is there hope?
Posted: 10/12/2008 1:44:16 PM
Long Distance isn't for everyone because you have to have a tremendous amount of trust in one another. If you have met in person and spent time together where is the problem. You obviously know and trust the person enough to want to continue seeing them. Would you be willing to give up a person you have been with for 1yr because their job relocates them? If you met through the internet and live a long distance from one another why bother to carry on as hoping for a relationship when you are not willing to deal with the distance? You obviously have found something pretty substancial in the person to want a relationship so why not explore it. If it turns out that you are good with each other and things blossom into more than discuss relocation possibilities. There are always chances that it won't work but is it worth giving up the chance that it might?
 bewitchingall1
Msg: 31 (view)

Posted: 10/12/2008 9:47:22 AM
Did everyone forget the saying "Love Is Blind!"? Most everyone on POF is looking for a soul mate; someone to share their lives with. Just the one saying alone says you look beyond age, race, looks, and such. When you love someone you see them in a different light then everyone else. True love makes the world disappear as well as all their opinions. I find it sad that so many people care what society says. If what society has to say is so important and right then why is there so many divorces and unhappy marriages or just people straying from their "society" right relationships? You have to Love from your heart and soul not just your mind and body. Granted their are laws that shouldn't be crossed but if your of legal age of concent then why not enjoy a relationship with someone you love? Age, race, ethnic background, social status, bank accounts, and looks should never be a factor in matters of the heart. If you truely love a person none of this is important because they are everything to you. You'll find ways to adapt as times change and it won't be a burden because ...LOVE IS BLIND!
 bewitchingall1

IM Etiquette
Posted: 10/11/2008 12:21:37 AM
pirate u have made some very good suggestions that should be taken by both male and female. Hopefully others will read and follow suit.
 bewitchingall1
Msg: 15 (view)

Bizarre Situation
Posted: 10/7/2008 5:06:52 PM
OP...everyone has the same views about your girl...You need to step back and see if she is worth what she is putting you through. The guy very well is stalking her but is she incouraging it??? She surely isn't helping by recieving his texts and meeting up with him. If there really isn't any attraction from her end towards him then she needs to cut it clean....block his calls/texts, contact campus security, and under no circumstances meet with him. If he still continues then I would suggest she get a restraining order. Sounds to me like there was more than just a kiss shared specially if she knows so much about him. So OP I ask you again is she worth the games she is playing to possibly cause you bodily harm from this individual??? not to mention the mental harm she is placing on you.....Think about it
 bewitchingall1
Msg: 81 (view)

Your longest break / being single
Posted: 10/7/2008 4:52:09 PM
It's normal if you did it for those reasons yes! You probably did the date to date to date thing and then got involved n hurt. Why shouldn't you take some well needed time off from the dating pool to gather your thoughts.? I've been divorced for 2yrs now and dating (not to be miss understood for Exclusive Relationships). Prior to this last divorce I would jump in to serious relationships after serious relationships feeling more and more empty then the one before. I have enjoyed this go around with just dating and getting to know not only other people but myself to. So take it from a 3 time married/divorcee....time off to learn about yourself is a GOOD thing. It makes wanting to find the right person alot more rewarding when your ready to settle down for good.
 bewitchingall1
Msg: 23 (view)

Posted: 10/7/2008 4:31:30 PM
Read some of the responses your getting and most are against this type of relationship...so i'm going to be out of the norm. My oldest daughter is 20 yrs younger than her husband of 5 yrs. They have as strong a relationship if not more than people that seem like perfect matches and close in age. The key to a relationship should not be hinged on age, sex, race but on compassion, emotion, and compatibility. Partly because of my religion (Pagan Witch) I believe your body is just a vessel and it is the soul that marks your path in life. There are many young looking (age wise) people that are very old souls. Old souls that in previous lives have lived many things. Match them with a newer soul or a soul that isn't as old and BOOM...your compatible. On the outside..(looks/age) you don't look like you should match but inside in your souls you have much in common. I know alot of people don't buy into my beliefs but for those that don't think about this.....have you ever seen a man an woman together that seem so totally in love yet you can't see what they see in each other?????? It's their souls.
Why does everyone want to find their Soul Mate?! K... back to you lol sorry... If you have that much in common and you are both of CONSENTING age then meet. Your souls will do the rest. If your ment to be together you will see each other like no one else can see you....if your not your souls will let you see as others. hense...LOVE IS BLIND! Best of luck
 bewitchingall1
Msg: 25 (view)

Long Distance Relationship Heebie Jeebies...Is there hope?
Posted: 10/7/2008 4:17:33 PM
Ok...to start when you said long distance I thought you were speaking different states...not 2 hrs appart. PLEASE...if he is intersted enough 2hrs isn't that far to drive for a date that don't require him sleeping at your place. Even 5 hours isn't that bad...they can get a motel room! I repeat THEY can get a motel room. If a person wants to meet you let them make the arrangements for their stay. Now if we are talking about a relationship ...(NOT JUST DATING)..someone exclusive then you can discuss sleeping arrangements other than a hotel/motel. But still 2 hours...OMGS there is no reason this dude needs to be sleeping up under your roof unless you want him there. Long distance relationships require special nurturing and needs. For all those that think it can't be done...tell that to all the military spouses seperated from thier significant others due to war...even the old timers will tell of their blossoming love affairs with the pen pal that wrote and sent pics. So many turned into long lasting marriages. The reason?....simple... Trust and value of human compassion.
Nuff Said!
 bewitchingall1
Msg: 44 (view)

Testing
Posted: 10/6/2008 4:30:55 PM
Hey people i'm not supporting the OP in his lies or trickeries but heres a question...could the income level u post help POF when selecting matches for u to chose from? Just a thought...
 bewitchingall1
Msg: 57 (view)

Why is it okay for women to date more than one guy ?
Posted: 10/6/2008 3:26:31 PM
LOL... thats funny. take a number.. I have dated more than one and personally i'am careful not to overlap dates for the same day. It's out of respect for them and too rushed for me. lol When I'm dating more than one person i let each of them know there are others. There's never been a problem with that. Now if you present yourself as only dating that one and u are seeing others...thats wrong. Don't give false hopes. Be honest...if they don't like the fact that u see more than one person then they can move on...no harm done.
 bewitchingall1
Msg: 55 (view)

Dating vs WAITING FOR THE RIGHT PARTNER
Posted: 10/5/2008 4:25:15 PM
I like that "opening a lot of oysters to find the pearl" very poetic. Fact is u can't expect Mr or Mrs right to drop from the sky into your lap. If you "bait the hook and troll" you stand a chance of finding that special person. Nothing says you have to go out on a date... Ck out pics/profiles, email, message, talk by phone if your not feeling the spark or there is alot of dead silence chances are your not compatible. If you feel the spark then set a meeting. Make it something that you want to do so your not missing out on fun even if the potential Mr/Mrs right turns out to be Mr/Mrs dud.
So keep opening the oysters....I know I will til I find my pearl
 bewitchingall1
Msg: 52 (view)

Posted: 10/5/2008 3:51:23 PM
GEEZZZZZ!! I'll state it again.... DATING is just that dating. You see as many as you feel comfortable with. There is no ring, ceremony, I DO's!! What is soo hard to understand. If your exclusive you date one person. This really isn't a hard concept people..... WOW.... I didn't think there were that many people that seen dating as a serious relationship. So whats the next step if you consider dating is seeing only one person? Marriage? Hey if I have offended anyone by my "dating" ways I'm sorry... but I'm really clear about it on my profile. I have and will continue to date several until me and one of my dates decide to go exclusive. Thats just the way it is. DATING!!!! lol...sorry.. i feel better now
 bewitchingall1
Msg: 39 (view)

Should I stay or should I go
Posted: 10/5/2008 3:35:23 PM
omg....gottalight...what r u his spokes person! lol Bottom line OP.. TRUST...it's been broken. Once it's broken it's unfixable. It don't matter how many people say forgive and forget...there is always going to be that one time, one thing, one person...that will make u remember and all the hurt will rush back in and the cycle begins again...Doubt!

Let it go and move on. You in a "use to " phase. You think and if truth be known she too is feeling the same. You both are "use to" each others likes, dislikes, quirks etc.. its a safety net. Safer then experiencing life because with experiencing you may get rejected...well my dear...you may get accepted too!! So let it go for you, her, and the kids. Trust me on this one...the kids understand more than you can imagine.

Best of luck!
 bewitchingall1
Msg: 5 (view)

Since sentence responses mean not interested?
Posted: 10/3/2008 11:34:19 AM
The thing to remember here is its a first time contact. If you walk up to someone at a party or club do you go into your life story? NO... You tread carefully to see if there is a mutual attraction. You don't want to put alot into the first email or message and find out the person isn't interested in the slightest or worse don't even respond. First messages should be simple letting the person know your interested and what you found that interested you. If the person is interested they will check your profile and find something to comment on to start the conversation. You can even give an open question to give the respondent a starting point and you might learn something about them.
 bewitchingall1
Msg: 8 (view)

Would you consider this controlling?
Posted: 10/3/2008 11:16:47 AM
Unless your enjoying a couch fixture you should get him to address the situation. If he still declines then leave the relationship....it's obvious your not happy with it. But first and for most step back and look....look really hard. Do you love this man?, why? what has kept you with him this long? Answer those questions and before you get to packing. If you don't love him or you have stayed out of convience then end it. However if you love him...then you need to get to the root of what caused this change in him provided he didn't do this from day one. Only you can decide how much your willing to deal with in your relationship. I don't see where controlling has anything to do with it from any aspect. Best of Luck To You!
 bewitchingall1

Profile Pics
Posted: 10/2/2008 8:35:14 PM
Sorry thunderstorms....my bad... i'm new to the forum n i was curious...next time i won't lead by example....lol....
 bewitchingall1
Msg: 6 (view)

Profile Pics
Posted: 10/2/2008 7:56:23 PM
There problem fixed....more white space....geeezzz.. LOL
 bewitchingall1
Msg: 5 (view)

Profile Pics
Posted: 10/2/2008 7:45:31 PM
Well they could try using their brain an come up with something. The stuff in the profile should help them come up with a starting point. Plus if they would read they would know what their looking for.... come on.... u guys put the same info in ur profiles..well...some of u do...lol
 bewitchingall1
Msg: 3 (view)

Profile Pics
Posted: 10/2/2008 5:54:53 PM
Point well taken Aurora....but we can always hope...lol
 bewitchingall1
Msg: 1 (view)

Profile Pics
Posted: 10/2/2008 5:48:30 PM
If a guy is interested in a woman because of her pic wouldn't it be benificial to read her profile before contacting her? It would solve alot of redundent questions that are normally already answered in the profile.
 bewitchingall1
Msg: 6 (view)

IM Etiquette
Posted: 10/2/2008 3:44:40 PM
LOL...I think I've talked to the same guy!! IM can be a great form of communication; if like others have said; it's used as if u were communicating in person or like a phone conversation. I don't know of anyone just setting the phone down in mid conversation an running to the store but there are those that do it when IMing. It's all just common courtesy.
 bewitchingall1
Msg: 2 (view)

IM Etiquette
Posted: 10/1/2008 9:55:25 PM
Your a extinct breed dear. Glad there are a few of us around that still understand it takes more then one word answers to constitute a conversation.
Heres to you and all others that know the art

Bewitchingall1
 bewitchingall1
Msg: 67 (view)

So you talk to him for a month straight then POOF!!
Posted: 10/1/2008 9:48:58 PM
wow...THANKS everyone!! I had my first experience with a disappearing act. It does sting because I did meet the person. But after reading so many of these threads it let me know that it's common. Guess I just needed validation of the disappearance to accept it. Didn't get it from him but Definitely got it here. It's just ashame that those that do the disappearing act don't just own up an be honest. I'd rather hear their not interested or what ever their reason is for not contacting me for closure. But I guess there are those that can't be as blunt as Iam.
Thanks Again!! Back to the
 bewitchingall1
Msg: 1 (view)

IM Etiquette
Posted: 10/1/2008 9:04:28 PM
If your going to IM someone than be prepared. Don't it annoy you if someone IM's you an says "hi" n "how are you" then they say nothing further?
IM etiquette #1 It takes two to talk and if you initiate the conversation I expect you to go beyond pleasantries. I will do my part to respond with something to carry the conversation further.
IM etiquette #2 If you IM a person don't engage in more than one IM if you can't keep up. There is nothing worse then sitting an waiting for a response because the person that IM'd you has more than one conversation going or doing other things that keeps them from responding in a timely manner. What is timely...I think 5 minutes is plenty of time to respond even for the one finger typers
IM etiquettw #3 If you need to leave the conversation temporarily excuse yourself with brb. Don't just leave for an hour and expect the person to be waiting on your return
IM etiquette #4 Finally...Always say good bye or cya or ciao or some salutation when u are ending the conversation.
Anyone have any other suggestions for IM'rs???
 bewitchingall1

Date Preparation.
Posted: 10/1/2008 8:46:57 PM
Ok....a few more for ur ck list...
clean ur ears...no woman wants to nibble on ears with wax visible.
clean any piercings if u have them n make sure backs are tight an won't fall off
check corner of ur eyes for eye boogies lol...YUCK
pluck unibrow if u have one
last n final ...use some hand cream so ur alittle softer
 bewitchingall1
Msg: 26 (view)

when , after meeting someone on here , is the best time to delete you'r profile on pof ?
Posted: 10/1/2008 8:24:45 PM
I have to agree with some of the others...hide ur profile or state on it that ur taken if u become exclusive. If your not exclusive your "Dating" and no harm in seeing more than one person as long as your honest about it. After all if u are exclusive with someone why would u bother looking here anyway???????
 bewitchingall1
Msg: 27 (view)

Posted: 10/1/2008 7:43:41 PM
Dating more than one is "Dating" if u chose to get exclusive with one person than the "Dating" of others is over. I think the word "Dating" is just that. If u state "Dating" in ur profile then ur free to see as many as u see fit...provided ur up front with those ur seeing. If u look for a longterm relationship u narrow things to wanting one person to date. You just have to say what u mean and mean what u say.

Show ALL Forums