Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Why does dating seem so much like work?
 nhtds231
Msg: 62 (view)

Why does dating seem so much like work?
Posted: 5/3/2015 7:04:00 AM
to know who you'd be getting involved with from the start.

It is easy to be "The Man" when you are with the boys. Doing what comes natural. Who can hold the tightest group. Who has the best Abs. Who can squat the most weight. Who has the coolest bike.

Why is it so hard to be "The Man" when you get home. Be "The man" to her. Why is it so hard to send her a Txt during the day just to say I love you and you are on my mind. Why is it so hard to pick up the phone and send flowers for no reason. Why is it so hard to make reservations , swing by the mall buy a sexy little dress and a new pair of heels. A pair of "those heels". You know the ones. Take them home and tell her you want to take her out and show her off.

A woman is the most incredible creature I have ever encountered. You can be away for months, see things, do things come home and with one look in your eyes, she just knows everything. You can lay your head on her stomach and when she wraps her arms around you, the weight of the world will disappear.

For all she does and can do, is that hard to show her you care. Is it that hard to be The Man, Her Man?
 nhtds231
Msg: 307 (view)

600 emails to get 5 dates???
Posted: 5/1/2015 5:09:24 PM
Gentlemen,

All the redundant post about thousands of e-mails stating you haven't had any success. There is nothing wrong with any of you. You appear to be great guys, which is a good selling feature. I say this with nothing but brotherly love,

Clean up your act, change what is not working, have some self confidence, look in the mirror and try to see yourself as others see you. If you cannot see what is wrong, then ask someone. Make a statement and define who you are and you will be successful.
 nhtds231
Msg: 14 (view)

Letting go of someone you had a date with
Posted: 5/1/2015 3:55:58 AM

“You are my peanut, I am your brittle!”

“Where are you, my little gumbo of chicken ? Your French fried shrimp is sizzling for you.”

“Permit me to introduce myself, I am your new lover.”

“Where are you, my little object of art? I am here to collect you.”

“Is it possible to be too attractive?”

“You know, most men would get discouraged by now fortunately for you, I am not most men!”

“You stop resisting me, bebe, and I’ll stop resisting you.”

“You are the corned beef, and I am the cabbage. The corned beef is nothing without the cabbage.”

“The game of love is never called on account of darkness, my little midnight snack."

“You may call me Streetcar, because of my desire for you.”

Love Pepe!!
 nhtds231
Msg: 11 (view)

Letting go of someone you had a date with
Posted: 5/1/2015 3:39:48 AM
Pepé le Pew: I must find out what this 'pew' means every time I appear.
[scanning a dictionary]
Pepé le Pew: Pew, pew. Ah, here it is. Pew. It means... No! No, not me! C'est les ridiculous. C'est impossible pew, no. No Pew!
Mouse: [mouse climbs out of a manhole as Pepe passes and his nose twitches] P U!
Pepé le Pew: [emerging from a dryer overly fluffy] Hey, I am a creamy puff, no?
 nhtds231
Msg: 40 (view)

Additional photos/instant chemistry
Posted: 4/30/2015 6:45:17 AM
I have no clue why some guys want to act like A-holes. Being intimate is a natural progression in a relationship. Not sure why it needs to be demanded or the topic of conversation. Personally I think when something like that happens a woman needs to excuse herself to the restroom and sneak out the door. When the staff and other customers realize this guys date has left the building, it is a just reward.

The old saying, Sex is like air. It is only important when you are not getting any.

But, with all that said. I cannot be the only man in the forums who has dated the female equivalent of these men. I don't confess my sins in a public forum, I will say there are plenty of beautiful, educated, forty something women who have no problem buying dinner and telling you how the night is going to finish. I don't shock or find my self without a comeback very often, but I have had my moments on and offline.Men don't have a problem with sexually aggressive women.

The head shot only question. Your preference but every time you leave your house and go out in public people see your body. You are judged, good or bad you own it. I don't really see the difference in having a full length picture.
 nhtds231
Msg: 28 (view)

How to keep a guy interested?
Posted: 4/29/2015 8:35:37 AM
Is that want men really want? is it really as simple as that?

No, that is not what all men want.

Some want:
The passion
An equal in all aspects of life
Someone who has his six, and he has hers
Rainy Days with netflix, pillow cuddled up on the couch.
To know this woman so well, he can sit in silence and understand her, understand what makes her happy , to know what she is thinking without asking.
The way it feels when she touches his hand or the back of his neck when they are in the car and he is driving.
Searching together for the perfect things that somehow just makes a house a home.
When they are apart and he see something that he knows she will like, or something that reminds him of her, or spark a memory of their past together.

Some men realize waking up and not remembering the names of the two girls laying beside him covered in stripper glitter, is a lonely way to live life.
 nhtds231
Msg: 14 (view)

Tales of a recent date.
Posted: 4/28/2015 4:46:20 PM
Dude, Did she need to hit you over the head with a diaphragm. I think you blew your "Boy Toy" moment
 nhtds231
Msg: 342 (view)

I don't NEED a man! I WANT a man!!
Posted: 4/28/2015 3:51:26 PM
^^^^^^^^
Ah, ok. Every time I see her post, I always think to myself "ooooh, there's Ginger." (as in Gilligan's Island)

Pig, could this be a new post you are starting? The less then brotherly thoughts we may have toward all the women in the forums. Hey where else can you go and have the ability to interact with attractive intelligent women while wearing boxer shorts and eating an Italian Sub. haha

FYI Italian Sub the sandwich, not the little Putana wearing a leash.
 nhtds231
Msg: 16 (view)

New Connections - in 'Reply Mode' Only
Posted: 4/28/2015 3:16:57 PM
Danimal, I agree with most of what you wrote above^^^

Working two jobs can be a challenge to people who are already in a relationship, trying to find a relationship with limited time can be a bigger challenge. But I don't think you are looking at all the positive things you mentioned.

You are receiving reply's from your e-mail. Obviously they like your profile and pics They find you attractive and interesting.
You are able to hold a conversation, they are responding to you.
You are able to take that to the next level. They find you interesting enough to give you their phone number and discuss a future meeting.

Up to that point you are doing everything right. The common denominator is you. You have a great short game but your long game needs some work. Maybe take a few minutes and analyze the point in each case where "you" lost the persons attention. Did you talk about work too much, too much sports or family? Did you talk too much about you and your wants and expectations in a relationship? Did you try to keep the conversation fun and exciting to keep her interested? There has to be a similarity in what is being said and done. That moment in a woman's mind where you turn from the cool guy she just met into the hmm not sure I want to meet this guy. You analyze your success and failures in work. You recognize your weak points and what you need to improve to get a raise or promotion. Why not do the same in your dating approach?
 nhtds231
Msg: 6 (view)

New Connections - in 'Reply Mode' Only
Posted: 4/27/2015 4:38:23 PM
In my opinion there was never a real connection. Too long between the initial contact and the first meet unless you totally blew her away and captured her imagination. Even then you were not able to maintain her interest. If I feel like the conversation is one sided or is difficult I move on. They know where to find you if they are interested.
 nhtds231
Msg: 2 (view)

accidental block?
Posted: 4/27/2015 3:58:08 PM
accidental block? Nope, she could just as easy accidentally unblock.

What can I do? Forget about it, move on. There are more!!!
 nhtds231
Msg: 328 (view)

Posted: 4/27/2015 2:49:15 PM
Ok this is all fun and games until someone breaks out the Blue Leisure Suit photos.
 nhtds231
Msg: 198 (view)

Your relationship theme song(s)
Posted: 4/27/2015 12:18:14 PM
Leon Russell: A Song For You https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD-eCn2vbsU

"I love You In a Place Where There Is No Space And Time"

Jonny Lang: There Is No One Like You https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcjcWjBW-oc

"When I am alone, yea. I can feel you near. My love for you never disappear.
 nhtds231
Msg: 4 (view)

When responding to first messages.
Posted: 4/27/2015 4:10:21 AM
I prefer "No Reply" I get the hint.

I use to reply to all messages because I thought it was the polite thing to do. Some were not polite after they received my "I don't think we are a good match" E-mail.
 nhtds231
Msg: 15 (view)

She went from Hot to Cold
Posted: 4/27/2015 3:41:33 AM
Why would you want someone in your life that dumped you and has been seeing someone else. Never recycle. When it is over, it is over. The only thing another person cannot take from you is your pride and self respect. You have to give that to them. It is time for you to move on, put this girl in the past and break all contact. Unless you enjoy being on an emotional roller coaster. You are doing nothing but filling a void in her life until she finds someone else.
 nhtds231
Msg: 58 (view)

need some advice ( women with dogs on her bed!
Posted: 4/26/2015 4:26:08 AM
The dogs may feel the same about you. They don't want you sleeping in their bed.
 nhtds231
Msg: 10 (view)

Crying
Posted: 4/24/2015 1:16:05 PM
I have cried before, due to a stressful situation and once from emotion. Never around anyone though. I have no problem with it, from a man or woman. Although, I try very hard not to make women in my life cry. Usually means they are beyond pissed. Time to duck, dodge and move.
 nhtds231
Msg: 19 (view)

Why do so many women only want to email/text and never meet in person
Posted: 4/24/2015 1:07:17 AM
People move at their own pace/comfort level in life. I have received first contact with the phone number attached and we meet soon after. Some will not give out their phone numbers until after they meet you. Some want E-mail, txt, phone conversation then meet. Some want your FB page to confirm you are real.

She may consider you a fun chat buddy but not her type to date. She may look nothing like her pics and waiting for the right moment to drop that bomb on you.

Regardless of the reason, if she is fun to chat with and you are attracted to her then she might be worth the wait. But do not limit her to your only option. Chat with other people, date other people.
 nhtds231
Msg: 163 (view)

Has anyone met someone from this site and what happened.
Posted: 4/23/2015 4:52:36 AM
I have met many people using POF. When you first join you are the flavor of the week. Serial date for a while trying to find the right one. It will work if you want it to work.
 nhtds231
Msg: 138 (view)

Posted: 4/22/2015 11:02:33 AM
ok whats I'll play I am a good sport.

Pig since most of the girls I date have boots like yours....................It is you, it has always been you. I treat my dates well and always pay for dinner and drinks. But, if your wig flies off on the back of my bike you are walking home. Attire, your thigh high boots and a pair of skinny jeans. Hot wax your butt and I'll pick you up at 900.

haha just for laughs no offense, I like my women to have to sit down to pee
 nhtds231
Msg: 35 (view)

Very interesting article that applies to ALL MEN!
Posted: 4/22/2015 5:07:33 AM
I never knew cavemen out numbered cavewomen 7:1?

Do you think the caveman had a cave wall forum post where they could paint pictures complaining about cave women. She cheated on me with Ugh, and took my cave. She only wanted me for my Bear Claw savings. All the good cave women are taken. Cave women never respond to me.
 nhtds231
Msg: 39 (view)

Women who look like men - it's getting old
Posted: 4/22/2015 4:43:06 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I am glad I am not the only one with the same opinion of Sara Conner,lol When she was doing pull up's, my knees were weak. Perfect chiseled delts and biceps.

So Drink what happened with the landscape girl, did you chat her up?
 nhtds231
Msg: 195 (view)

Posted: 4/21/2015 1:03:17 PM
Jazz and Blues

Tab Benoit: "Darkness" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odKakgmr8Ds

Barbara Carr: "A woman Always Gets Her Way" Chic song but, as soon as a man realizes that is the way it is, the sooner he will find happiness.lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv7dcZxaNV0

Canila: "Besame: Nothing like passionate kisses. English for the Foreign language challenged.lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSgSDaWOoJA
 nhtds231
Msg: 30 (view)

Posted: 4/20/2015 5:03:18 PM
I couldn't imagine my life without someone special. The way she feels in my arms. They way her hair and skin smell, when I cuddle up to her at night. The way she can make me smile for no reason, cause butterflies in my stomach and make my knees weak. The way I think about her constantly when we are apart. The way she smiles at me when I say something totally stupid. The way she plays with her hair and flirts with me, because she knows it drives me crazy. I don't "need" a woman, but my life would not be the same without one.
 nhtds231
Msg: 11 (view)

Posted: 4/20/2015 2:20:32 PM
Oh-ho, I need you by me
To guide me, to guide me
To hold me, to scold me
'Cause when I'm bad
I'm so, so bad

hahaha
 nhtds231

Posted: 4/20/2015 1:58:12 PM
I am glad I could celebrate this event with you sir, lol

Need: Air, Food, Shelter

Want/Desire: Love, Companionship, A sense of Belonging, Someone to share, grow old with and do body shots on Saturday Night.
 nhtds231
Msg: 21 (view)

Women who look like men - it's getting old
Posted: 4/20/2015 12:36:14 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Yeah, what Mowtown said, I didn't even know what a T-Girl was until I joined POF. lmao
 nhtds231
Msg: 191 (view)

Posted: 4/20/2015 12:28:02 PM
Okay, The greatest love song ever!!!

Love, exciting and new
Come aboard. We're expecting you.
Love, life's sweetest reward.
Let it flow, it floats back to you.

The Love Boat soon will be making another run
The Love Boat promises something for everyone
Set a course for adventure, your mind on a new romance.

And love won't hurt anymore
It's an open smile on a friendly shore.
It's love!
Welcome abord
It's love!
 nhtds231
Msg: 838 (view)

Paying for a date
Posted: 4/19/2015 9:49:10 AM
Ice Cream dates are romantic, really? I guess there is something romantic about watching a woman lick an Ice Cream Cone.

I refuse to pay for anything bigger then a small. I don't want her to get her expectations up!!!
 nhtds231
Msg: 84 (view)

Talking about past relationships.
Posted: 4/18/2015 3:57:26 PM
Funny Sig, see everything has a positive side. lol

As a man I have learned to do selective editing when asked about past GF's and relationships. When a woman states something like, I want you to be honest and I will never hold anything from your past against you. So, let me ask you ?????????????????

It is a trap guys, don't do it. Women are smart, they bait you in with leading questions. It is even worse if you say the wrong thing and they have a delayed reaction. It comes back to bite you in the ass a month later. As you stand there with that dumb, blank, deer in the headlight look wondering what the heck you did this time.

Learn to be the master at changing the subject when your past comes up. Especially if it is a little sporty.
 nhtds231
Msg: 189 (view)

Posted: 4/18/2015 8:07:27 AM
Ok one more: I think we all have that "one" person that will always hold a special place in our heart.

Etta James, Misty Blue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9oaMQYGH5s
 nhtds231
Msg: 45 (view)

Can Someone Just Turn Gay?
Posted: 4/18/2015 5:38:15 AM
I believe that our sexual preference is decided in the womb. We are born Gay, Bi or Straight. I believe in letting people be who they are. Everyone has a right to be happy and decide what works for them. Me, born straight. I think soccer moms in yoga pants is the greatest thing since bacon. Nothing could ever make me want to wake up with a hairy chest pressed against my back.
 nhtds231
Msg: 42 (view)

Why does dating seem so much like work?
Posted: 4/17/2015 4:28:12 PM
Gentlemen! WTF haha

You can't look at dating as getting a return on investment. Go out, have fun, laugh, good food and conversation. If someone agreed to go on a date, you were not rejected. You simply didn't connect. The goal is to have a good time. What are you looking for, one date and a life long commitment? Also, I have no clue what "lifts" are.
 nhtds231

Nearing 40yrs not 1 Relationship
Posted: 4/17/2015 3:25:12 PM
I don't think that is the record you want to be famous for holding. lol

You are probably missing signs/signals from women that are attracted to you. Find a cool wingman and go out. Get out of your comfort zone and take chances. Don't worry about asking someone out or getting her phone number. Relax, chat have fun the rest will fall into place.

Trust me, just because a guy dates a lot does not mean he is any happier then someone who does not date at all.
 nhtds231
Msg: 170 (view)

Posted: 4/15/2015 4:08:58 PM
Chris Rea: I just wanna be with you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA84ifdiLN0

Paul Rodgers & Jeff Beck: I just want to make love to you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0p1e3z6AIE

Ed Sheeran: Thinking out Loud https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzpPmpul4L4
 nhtds231
Msg: 35 (view)

Girls on here that have boyfriends
Posted: 4/15/2015 12:58:47 PM
^^^^^^^ Not True^^^^

There are plenty of very nice, non attention Ho's, looking to date and find a relationship attractive women on POF. Plenty in your area.
 nhtds231
Msg: 10 (view)

Should polygamy be legal?
Posted: 4/15/2015 12:44:17 PM
Yea sounds like fun, piss off 5 women at one time!!! No thanks, one wife, intimacy with only one, one love of my life. The current system works just fine for me. If you have a desire to be with more then one, stay single and date.
 nhtds231
Msg: 9 (view)

Should polygamy be legal?
Posted: 4/15/2015 12:43:57 PM
Yea sounds like fun, piss off 5 women at one time!!! No thanks, one wife, intimacy with only one, one love of my life. The current system works just fine for me. If you have a desire to be with more then one, stay single and date.
 nhtds231
Msg: 104 (view)

Dealing with Just ask me as a Profile
Posted: 4/15/2015 5:27:27 AM
When I was dating on here I had no problem with the "Just Ask" profile. What is the issue? When you are in a club, do the women have a well written profile attached to their forehead. If you see one that you are interested in knowing, you walk over and "Just Ask" No different on here.
 nhtds231
Msg: 12 (view)

Experience vs none and relationships?
Posted: 4/14/2015 6:18:27 PM
Sig If you don't take that offer I will steal you identity, jump on my bike and be on my way to Florida. lol
 nhtds231
Msg: 39 (view)

Nearing 40yrs not 1 Relationship
Posted: 4/14/2015 5:33:47 PM
Ok, maybe I am lost but confused. Are you saying that you date a lot and just haven't found one to be with long term. Or are you saying no dates, no relationships, no homemade cookies? If that is the case I would have to ask Why? Location, Hermit, all the women are aborigines with bones in their noses. What is the deal? Inquiring minds want to know lol
 nhtds231
Msg: 8 (view)

Good first impressions.
Posted: 4/14/2015 5:01:05 PM
Try to start a conversation Vs asking questions. Maybe about a subject/event in your life where you shared a similar experience. Skip the 20 question game. No one wants to fill out the questionnaire. Focus on something that will hold their attention. Engage them as if they were sitting in front of you at a coffee shop. I really think a profile review would not hurt.
 nhtds231

what is more important to the older woman in a boyfriend?
Posted: 4/14/2015 12:12:31 PM
I have always wanted to date an alligator huntin' woman. Heard they had "all you can eat tail"
 nhtds231
Msg: 15 (view)

What your thoughts on open-relationships..?
Posted: 4/14/2015 8:37:37 AM
Yea, Just what I want. my gf/wife coming home and kissing me goodnight after just having sex with some other dude. Not for me, sex, love, relationships better one on one
 nhtds231

Went to a speed dating event........
Posted: 4/14/2015 5:51:49 AM
Yes, Big Peter wants to show you Little Peter.
 nhtds231
Msg: 4 (view)

Psychopaths and the people who love them
Posted: 4/13/2015 5:50:40 PM
Dude Jodi Ariase is hot. You know a woman with that much built up anger would curl your toes in bed.

I feel your pain on the other. I have no problem getting and finding dates but somewhere on my WOP ass is written return to sender in 30 days or less. My retention rate is a little off. If I hear "you are a fun guy but not relationship material one more time" Oh well, variety is the spice of life. lol
 nhtds231
Msg: 19 (view)

Female stereotypes. Are these true?
Posted: 4/13/2015 12:45:51 PM
Dude, Really? This sounds like something two 14 year old boys would be saying to each other.

Like men, women are individuals. Not cut from a cookie cutter. They like what they like and have a right to bang, buy, watch, whatever/whoever they want. But, I will say that I have never met one that likes man boobs.
 nhtds231
Msg: 5 (view)

what is the difference between a few extra pounds and BBW?
Posted: 2/15/2015 6:30:05 AM
Use a BMI calculator. Body type is subjective. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm
 nhtds231
Msg: 2 (view)

second date
Posted: 12/19/2014 5:47:29 PM
I agree. It is better to be safe then sorry. Also this guy shows no motivation at all. He couldn't even make an effort to stay awake and get ready for a date. Might be time to hit the next button.
 nhtds231

Would you list your profession if you were a physician, surgeon, or dentist ?
Posted: 12/19/2014 5:05:50 PM
^^^^^^^^I worked for Blackwater. if you are talking about the American Company. Nothing wrong with being a security professional. But only a very small group of people would even know who they were.

But to answer your question, yes I think it would be to your benifit. Especially if you are searching for someone in a similar field, education and salary.

Show ALL Forums