Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Mensa? anyone?
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 65 (view)

Mensa? anyone?
Posted: 5/23/2010 10:29:44 AM
I am a member of mensa and here on POF. I dont consider myself any different than anyone else. Just because my IQ falls above a some established guideline does not mean I feel, think or behave different from those that fall below an established guideline. I joined so that it would help me get funding for college. It looks good on a resume when your parents can't afford to pay for your college as they are on the lower economic side of the Pie. Yes there are some absolutely brillant people who have not common sense or social ability. But we all have the need to be love no matter what our IQ may or may not be. Mensa is more social than "egghead" oriented at times, which many believe it to be, so one could maybe find another there to become intimately involved with.
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 15 (view)

Anyone ever use coconut oil?
Posted: 4/7/2010 8:18:10 PM
FYI ....OK coconut oil may be good.
but are you aware that coconut oil and palm oil are being used in processed foods to replace the transfat. It may be good, but in parts of Asia they are slash burning the natural habitat rain forests to put in coconut and palm tree plantations. (Google it). Habitat that take far more co2 out the air than palm trees. So unless it is eco friendly, I am not buying it.
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 8 (view)

What medications cause E.D
Posted: 3/31/2010 10:01:18 AM
OP a lot of the meds, for high blood pressure tend to cause ED problems.
As it has been mentioned already google ED, and it will lead you to hundreds of site discussing ED and its causes. OP if you are involved with someone with this problem just have patience with them. ED can be very frustrating and embarrassing to them.
Take care!
AWR
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 10 (view)

Is it possible to fix a situation w/o trying to change the person?
Posted: 3/29/2010 10:41:32 AM
Do you want the stress of having to watch what you say or do, the rest of your life?,
The guy needs some serious anger management clases. Love yourself enough to stop walking on eggshells. Your drained, your tired of this behavior, don't enable it, walk away. Are you posting, just so the forum, can re affirm what you already know that this is not working for you. Why bury your head in the sand and prolong your agony. OP this guy won''t work for you, no matter how good the other things are about him. You are sacrificing yourself and your peace of mind, is it really worth it?
Good luck and take care!
AWR
 A_wild _rose

Should married people still hang out with their single friends?
Posted: 3/27/2010 1:40:39 PM
My opinion that there is more to the story! We dont know her reasoning for her opinions, all we know is his complaint, his posts, etc. He posts often using different user names.(Check post histroy) Is he a drama king? So where and when is there going to be a post of him complaining that she wants him to stop posting in the forums and to get off of POF. If she was as insecure as he is leading us to believe dont you think that she would want his butt to be off of POF the most.
We do not know her reasoning for not trusting his friends do we? Maybe they are real and valid. Further more do you think the OP can be trusted? He is making himself seem kitty..whiped to evoke our sympathy. Thus most of us are sidng with him. Thankful not all!
Seven years is a long time for the OP to be involved with someone dont you think he would have worked these supposed issues out by now or hit the trail if they did really exist.
Bottom line whatever the real story is, I feel sorry for the OP and his SO as a good realitionship needs mutual trust and respect. You dont work your dirty laundry and problems out on a dating site forum expecting others to solve them for you.. You really need to get yourself some maturity , stay off the forum and work it out with your SO. Doing it here is not showing her any respect and making you look like a chump! IMO

ie post note to JM Dan ..I totally agree It would very hard to take and a deal brecker if MY SO were to air our personal affairs on a forum.
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 9 (view)

How to pole dance for fitness
Posted: 3/21/2010 5:01:39 PM
If you google flirty girl they have pole dance videos, also Kendra Wilkenson of the girls next door reality show has a pole dance fitness video coming out or is out now.
google or facebook her site. Also check some of the fitness forums Pole and pole dancing have been discused there. An google is your friend here as well. good luck and have fun. Take care! Urban I would say you said it well on you profile Kudos to you!
AWR
 A_wild _rose

Lactose Intolerance?
Posted: 11/13/2009 11:06:26 PM
I am lactose intolerant as are my daughters. So formulas, when they were not breast fed were out of the question and the soy formula well it tasted like ca-ca. No way was I feeding that stuff to my kids. The doctor suggested that I try feeding them goats milk.
It seemed to work for them and me as well. We still drink goats milk with no problems but anything else dairy, as in cow,well it causes cramping etc. You might try it tastes ok.
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 30 (view)

Do I owe an explanation?
Posted: 11/8/2009 9:26:57 PM
Here is my 2 cents worth! You do not or cannot know all the factors in regard to her message writing skills. Did you not contact her based on her reply to forum posts, so were the post poorly written? Also did you consider that english maybe a second language? You have tried and convicted her, in a sense without her giving any defense for her messages that you say were poorly written. Should you reply, yes as you made contact first. Be a gentleman! Don't be rude and disrespectful. I feel sorry for her if she comes here and reads the thread, as you have some what humilated her by this thread. It is okay for you to tell complete strangers here on the forums, but it seems not okay to be honest with the lady you contacted. Or was this thread set up by you to tell her in an in direct way as you know she posts or reads the forums, so that you dont have to make the effort of doing so off the forum. Please note, if you have ever read any of Einstein's notes he was not perfect at messaging either and he was considered a genius.
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 20 (view)

Question for MEN
Posted: 11/1/2009 3:21:02 PM
OP
It doesnt matter whether your toned, soft, or rock hard!
What matters is your self esteem and confidence in yourself. You could be the most fit and toned person in the world, but without self confidence and believeing in yourself then your on a one way trip called insecurity. Build your confidence in yourself first them worry about getting more fit. Store all the old baggage that you build in regard to this guy 30 years ago in the trunk. So what if he was one of the popular ones and you were a self described geek. that was then this is now. Mister popular is interested in you, now he doesnt care what you were from way back when. Give him a healthy confidence woman and go from there.
Good luck and Take care! AWR
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 16 (view)

I am confused as to what I need to do.
Posted: 10/4/2009 12:02:42 PM
Thanks for all the helpful posts. We both knew going into the relationship that long distance would be hard. In truth I wish his feelings were more concrete and clear, maybe it would make my choices easier. It does seem like in many ways he is being selfish. But I doubt he see things that away. It is the what ifs that are getting to me the most. What if I do this and it doesnt work out, what if I dont will I have lost out on having a great love, etc. This is hard to say the least. So thanks again to all for your input. Take care!
AWR
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 13 (view)

Posted: 10/3/2009 6:56:33 PM

What sign is he by chance?

He is a Scorpio!

"Reduce speed ahead" or "yield" !

Thanks Rock...I will proceed with caution.
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 11 (view)

Posted: 10/3/2009 12:42:32 PM

Well, if the fact that he won’t risk losing his business and everything he worked hard for in the name of love, I guess I’m also SELFISH! I rather view myself as way too intelligent to put myself at risk, even though I lost everything 3 times before I learned. I don’t know his story but he obviously learned too and is way too smart to sign up. More people should think like him.

Guy...I am sorry for your losses and whatever in life that made so defensive and negative toward love. But this is not about what I am out to get from him as my income is as good or better than his. Nor is about who is smarter. It is about me doing what is in my own best interest to do. I hope you find what ever it is you are here looking for though, take care!
AWR
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 10/3/2009 9:56:19 AM
[In your profile you mention that you have children. How would this move affect them? Do they currently live with you? Would they be coming with? /]
My children are all out the door, they both have their own business and are doing well.
They both have voiced that they like my SO a lot. The effect on them would be that they dont get to see me as often. So no they would not be coming with me.

As another poster said Life gives no guarentees and his business is tied to the region he lives so moving for him would be hard.

I do wish that I had a 3-4 week vacation window to use but I do not, as it would be a help.
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 10/3/2009 9:28:29 AM
I am confused as to what I need to do. I have been involved for over a year with someone I meant here on POF. It is a long distance relationship, he calls everyday and we talk for hours we meet whenever we can. In Feb he told me that he loved me, and I returned the feeling later. He is a great guy in many ways. Stable job, good family ethics', great personality, mature in is thinking etc. I have been hard pressed to find a real negative about him

The problem is that, he says that he is not as deeply in love with me as I am with him. He said he wants to be, that he didn't fall deeply in love right away in his other relationships. He wanted me to move in with him, then changed his mind and said I needed to move some where closer to him so that he could get to know me better, and that he has issues with someone being dependent on him. Now he back to wanting me to move in with him for a month to see how it goes. Try the cow before you buy, or like take a test drive. He thinks that it will help him feel more. I feel confused, by his mind changes. I have voiced this to him, and he swore that he won't change his mind again.
He cant move to where I am at as he owns his business.
Moving in means that I would have to give up my job here, and other things I have going on here in my life, just to see for one month if his feeling can become deeper. My heart wants to be with him but my logical mind says that I am being a fool to make this move. He says this is what he needs to be sure. But I am unsure and a little hurt by his mind changes. I don't know what to do. I have said to him if you are not going to love me like I need to be, then let me go. But he say he love me more than I think and doesn't want to lose me. I am confused by this. I am feeling very foolish right now in regard to being in love with him. I feel like a puppet on string waiting for him to make up his mind to how deep he is going to feel. He tells me that there is nothing wrong with me that I am amazing to him. But I cant hang on hoping that he is going to feel more. How do I know that if giving him what he asks for is going to work and suddenly evoke deeper feeling in him? You cant force someone to feel something, and is he asking a lot from me based on the chance that he might just become deeper in love with me. So I feel dammed if I do and dammed if I don't. Very confused.

So input from others would be great appreciated. Thanks and take care all who do.

AWR
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 14 (view)

How important ....
Posted: 9/16/2009 7:19:03 PM
For some expressing feeling out loud and trying to find the right words to say how you feel is simply hard. But words like actions can be deceptive. So saying actions speak louder than words is not always true. that being said, the most powerful words in any language are I love you. Those words should not be taken for granted nor used in descrimately either. Mean what you say , say what you mean.
Mary....he is givng you the freedom to simply and unconditonaly be you. But deep down he may want to hear those words from you, even though your actions and his show or convey love. If you cant comunicate them to him vocally then do as others sugest write them in a note or letter. Some of the world most famous love stories were based on feeling put to paper. Dont make not saying I loveyou in some form become a regret at a later date. Life is to short and often unpredictable. Talk to him Mary, let him tell you what he needs to hear from you or not. Only he knows what he needs All we can do here in this forum is simply assume, and advise based on what we perceive. Go to the source. Good luck and take care! 6 years is awesome!
AWR
 A_wild _rose

Ive got big balls!
Posted: 9/13/2009 11:22:36 PM
Deerdog hmm didnt know jock straps came in industrial strengh. But hey at least you didnt trip over your boys playing basketball. I guess it is a good thing you didnt take up playing football getting tackled would be hard on your boys not to mention the tight uniform pants. Track would probably be out of the question too with the barely there shorts. Also swimming as speedos leave very little to the imagination.
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 7 (view)

Ive got big balls!
Posted: 9/13/2009 7:44:42 AM
I agree that every crevice being explored is part of a good BJ. I believe or think the term for sucking on ball is called tea bagging is it not. That being said having them trimmed is nice as it beats having to remove hair from your teeth or mouth later. As for size it does not matter to me. I just like to see the reaction of my man when I suck and lick his. Some balls are so ultra sensitive that it makes for a very pleasurable time, when giving the boys attention with either my hands or my mouth.
So folumpscious if liking to suck a man's ball makes one weird, I am right there with you girlfriend!
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 21 (view)

Has anyone ever made their own dildo from a molding kit?
Posted: 9/11/2009 10:18:15 PM
hmm I would bet having a SO 's organ done in chocolate would be a great learning tool to cure the gag reflex from doing oral to for some. Hmm just imagine it melting in your mouth as you lick it. My mouth is watering too from the thought. Not just for giving it out at Valentines though, what about Christmas, Easter, and Halloween. Oh and Thanksgiving, hmm it sure beats pumpkin pie.
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 7 (view)

Would you leave a relationship because you wanted marriage and your SO didn't?
Posted: 9/6/2009 12:57:41 AM
I dont know if wanting to be married would be a deal breaker for me. I think not being on the same page with emotions or be commited to each other on the same level would be my deal breaker. Yes I would want my SO to love me enough to honor me with his name, as I am old fashion in that belief. but equal emotional feeling for each other needs to be established before any talk of marriage or livng together can even begin.
If I were married, then if someone does not love me enough to make the commitment to go to councelling to help the relationship. then I would be wasting my time and selling myself short. So expecting things to become better would be futile . So it would be better to suffer the hurt alone than suffer the hurt of hanging on to a no win impossible to fix situation. So I would get a divorce, and try to find the love I need in some one else. But walking away would be very hard to do.
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 34 (view)

Why do women refuse to make a first contact after you have already met
Posted: 7/21/2009 1:15:03 AM
Hmm so much for open and honest commication. Gees a relationship based on assumptions will alway be doomed for failure. So what was done was more like lets play phone tag. Games should never be a part of a relationship. Some woman are old fashion in relating so they dont call as they dont think it is apropiate to do so. some men are just as equally minded and dont like a woman to call. But the only way anyone is going to know anything is through talking honetly and openly. But to hold out when you wanted her to call. Is playing a game!!!!! You needed to be talking not gaming!!!! It isnt really a matter of equal rights it a matter of the ethics of how one was brought up and taught. When you try to read minds of others without asking them what is really going on........It is like putting a blind fold over your head and trying to drive. You are simply going to crash in one way or another.JMO
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 44 (view)

My boyfriend had adultfriendfinder in his search tab on computer?
Posted: 7/18/2009 1:09:57 PM
I dont think your boyfriend would have let you use his computer in the first place if he had something to hide. Maybe you are making a mountain out of a mole hill. You certainly have trust isses surfacing and unless you get a rein on those your relationship is going to have problems, bigger than what is on his computer. Communication is key! Talking to us here on the forum is not going to solve your problem. Only you can do that by being honest with him and telling him what you saw and what you feel. If you here for the forums then do the guys who may be interested in you a favor go to your settings and hide your profile. It isnt fair to them if your profile is open and you are seeming to be available when you are not! Put the shoe on the other foot, what would your boyfriend think if he saw your profile and it has not reference to you only being here for the forums. Be fair!!!!!!!
Bottomline only you can answer your own question, and that is by talking to your BF!
Good Luck!!!
AWR
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 33 (view)

You know....I've actually been giving this a bit of thought lately...
Posted: 6/28/2009 10:30:05 PM
Yes we all have the preconceived notions or "desires".... of the type of person who we think will make us happy. But there in lies the potential problems our preceptions can lead us astray and cause us to not accept someone who could possibly be everything we ever hoped for and more . It is especailly true for those who keep going after the same type of person and ending up hurt everytime. Our preception can doom us to making the same mistakes over and over again. Some learn to adjust their preception others dont. Sad that happens! Sometime it far better to go in with no preception and just accept the person for who they are, not what we dont want or do want them to be. As I said earlier Covers do not define content! So scars ,tattoos, weight, height, hair color, nationality, relegion, eye color, zodiac signs, gender, do not define the content of one person soul and their abilty to love. Only a persons mind and heart do. So our preception can often due more harm than good and keep us from finding the true potential in another that could make us happy and content in a loving relationahip.
Yet we define ourselves and those around us and who we let into our lives by these preceptive choices in our pursuit of finding love and not being alone! Take care!
AWR
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 37 (view)

Hugging....
Posted: 6/26/2009 10:46:30 PM
OP Lets reverse this how would you feel if your girlfriend tried to control what you do?
Your attitude in regard to her hugging is controling period! Let her be herself not who you want her to be! If you don't ease up on OP and develope some security in your relationship, your going to ruin it. The girl is being open about her behavior, not hiding it. Is it your intent to create so much tension in your relationship due to your lack of trust and in security that your girlfriend is going to end up feeling like she is being smothered, stifled and cant be who she is? She is with you because she wants to be but if you continue feeling the way you do, you will drive her away. LET her be who she is or let her go it is as simple as that! Remember the cliche OP " a bird in a cage won"t sing". Your trying to cage her in. If you want her then realise what you are doing!
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 109 (view)

My hormones are killing my relationships... can u help?!
Posted: 6/26/2009 10:51:33 AM
No offense OP....But I feel compelled to say this...for a Psych major who may or may not become a practising psychologist you need to rein in your emotions and and get a handle on your defensive attitude. You came here with your post asking for help, there have been many different opinions expressed here. Some of which you may have liked and some not. You took many as personal attacks. Lets be real here, you are learning about human nature, then you should have expected there to be negative comments, along with the good comments. In your practice, if you ever have one, you are going to hear several comments directed at you by your clients, many will be extremely nasty and be along the line of personal verbal attacks. How do you expect to handal them if you cannot contain your own emotions and defensive response. Just food for thought!!!! Good luck!!!
AWR
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 23 (view)

preconceived desires.
Posted: 6/23/2009 10:50:41 PM
I respect your honesty Bigdaddyjinx. True there is a big difference in the amount and the size of the tattoo art. But the abilty to love and care still comes from inside not the outside. I myself do not have tattoos nor will I. But then I see them as visual artwork and the canvass the human skin. which is my preception. So that being said big daddy jinx , we are all judgemental, sometime to the determent of what may or may not be possibly good for ourselves in the long run. Take care!
AWR
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 21 (view)

preconceived desires.
Posted: 6/23/2009 10:26:05 PM
OP for 19 you seem fairly grounded in reality and have depth to your personality that many your age still have not grown into. So Cudos to you. Pre concieved ideas seem to run amuck here on POF.As Most of us come here hoping in setting up our profiles to find the one we feel will float our boat. But we do not always know. maybe the one who was a little shorter, had a tattoo, carried more weight, wrong hair color, not quick to converse due to shyness etc you know the reasons we passed them by for what it was we determined found them lacking based on our preceptions...could have been in a dfferent time frame or we had a different mind frame could have become our one and only..... our preceptions are their to find what will make us happy.... but our preceptions can be our deception and downfall. Remember Avril Levines song Skater Boy. what was one woman's preception was another treasure and the other found out to late......
Bigdaddyjinx... I respect your wisdom and your choices... but I impart this to you tattoos or body art do not form a loving heart only the person wearing them does. For whatever reason someone chooses to decorate their body, it does not define their ability to care or be a warm and loving human being. The skin is but the cover on the book should the cover be judged greater and worth more than the content? Does not the cover change and become tattered with age while the content stays the same. Who knows someone with body art could love you more or better than you have been before! Life gives has no guarenteed warrenty. Pardon the spelling!!!!!!! Take care! AWR
 A_wild _rose

Who loves the woman more?
Posted: 6/23/2009 9:49:38 PM
hmm the cliche comes to mind... if you really love something(someone) set them free. If they come back to you then they are yours. Number 2 guys seems grounded in reality and practicing more unconditional love. Number 1 guy seems clueless and more selfish and has no ground reality as he wants a fantasy that he cant have. What I dont understand is why both of these guys choose to pursue a unstable relationship. Both chasing after someone who it seems was not emotionally available. Crumb catching shoud be for birds/mice/ducks, not adult human males. Maybe both should look at their own lack of self esteem, as they both set themshelves up to fail by pursuing the girl and were willing to settle for the small scraps of affection she tossed here and there . Sad really!!!!!! So OP which one are you in this drama?
Take care!
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 47 (view)

My hormones are killing my relationships... can u help?!
Posted: 6/23/2009 9:17:42 PM
OP you have the love the bad boys who treat you like crap and hate the good boys who treat you with respect syndrome. Bad boys create drama, good boys dont! Bad boys keeps you guessing and they know how to play the suck up game when they are in trouble, good boys you know what to expect! You never know if your coming or going with the bad boys,s the good boys you know where you stand. Bottomline your hormones seem to have a need for drama and a closet desire to reform the bad boys. You might exam your motives and your latent desires. Bad boys will only bring you hurt! Good boys they can grow on you and maybe become the one your looking for if given half a chance! Who know the good boy could turn out to be even better than the bad boy in the bedroom. You also might want to head back to your therapist as you seem to have self esteem issues, why else would you allow yourself to be used and treated like garbage. You cant get help with your self worth and esteem here! That needs to come from within and with help with a good therapist. Bottomline respect yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 4 (view)

Deal Breaker?
Posted: 6/23/2009 9:03:12 PM
Absolute deal breaker someone who is rudely verbally abusive to others!
With few exceptions IMO ,No one no mater who they are needs to be verbally abused.
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 4 (view)

How important is chivalry in an relationship to you?
Posted: 6/17/2009 7:41:32 PM
Chivalry is a nice concept that I truly wished more men practiced these days.
Not so much in the opening of doors, but in the idea that a man"s word is his bond.
So that when they say something they mean it and follow through on what they say.
Chivalry goes hand in hand with intregrity. Mean what you say say what you mean.
It is nice though to be treated with respect and consideration.
But in all fairness the concept of saying what you mean and mean what you say can be applied to woman too. As the are those who play games and lack intregrity by doing so!
AWR
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 248 (view)

What is he worth?
Posted: 6/16/2009 10:34:00 PM
Love should be unconditional not judgemental. What does it matter if he has no degree, if it matters then you never loved him for himself. Had you married him do you seriously think either one of you would have been happy. You are driven and place merit on material achievements. He is laid back and does not feel the need to
be how you would like him to be or he would have achieved it by now. What is achievement for one may not be the same way for another. I feel sorry for you both that there are material limits on what you feel. You need to find someone who is like you. You are unfairly imposing your values on this guy and he doesnt really deserve it . Be a friend and let him be himself and just breathe. What is he worth? A great deal to someone who can love him for who and what he is. not what they want him to be. When you are so judgemental you do yourself a dis -favor as no one will be alble to live up to your standards. Wake up and realise what you are doing to your self before your judgements and critical thinking of others leave you unloved. You are who you are and he is who he is Agape!!!!!
Take care!
AWR
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 57 (view)

Nipple Size - What do guys prefer?
Posted: 6/16/2009 5:24:03 PM
Where is your doctor getting his info from. Any cutting around the nipple will set you up for possible nerve damage. Cosmetic surgery should not be cookie cutter. There is no standard formula for sizes. In your own best interest you might seek a second opinion.
This is just your doctor's opinion. When in doubt research, before going under the knife and conforming to one persons opinion. This just might be that doctor choice that he is trying to push off on you as there is no medical reason to have your aerolas made smaller. Dont lose your pleasure and sensitvity to some doctor's opinion.
Take care!
AWR
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 45 (view)

Dark looking pen*s
Posted: 6/14/2009 3:32:32 PM
Ok I am no doctor ,but I was a EMT (Emergency Med Tech) experience comes from inserting tubes for collecting urine in a place that can make a strong man weep and I doubt you guys want to think about. Penis pigments come in various shades from light pink to dark on light skinned males. Also further note dark skinned males can have lighter colored to almost a pink penis. So that being said
hmmm someone expecting Koby Bryant may end up getting a Christain Bale assumming that Christain Bale's penis is light skinned to begin with. It all depends on the skin melanin. Human skin color can range from almost black (due to very high concentrations of the dark brown pigment melanin) to nearly colorless (appearing reddish white due to the blood vessels under the skin) in different people. Skin color is determined by the amount and type of melanin, the pigment in the skin. Variation in skin color is largely due to genetics. As a general pattern people with ancestors from tropical regions and higher altitudes (hence greater UV light exposure) have darker skin than people with ancestors from subtropical regions.
The same is true with woman labia's . Extremely dark may have bright pink lady parts and very light can have very dark lady parts. Genetics boys, Genetics where all blessed with them!!!
AWR
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 20 (view)

Does your mate/FUKC buddy's WEIGHT determine whether you give ORAL?
Posted: 6/14/2009 1:16:10 PM
Wow, I dont think that using a douche is wise sometimes as I had a friend who douched with vinegar regularly and was a clean freak when it came to her lady parts. She douched during her period with vinegar and then used a tampon, only problem was the tampon was the kind that they advertise that contains baking soda to kill the smell. Well anyone who has had four grade science will tell you that the combination of vingar and baking soda will cause a reaction. Remember this what is used to make the eruptions on children's volcano science projects. My friend rolled her tampon in even more baking soda thinking she would improve it. >>>>>>>>Well lets just say her lady parts had an eruption of their (like the kind science volcano has). She freaked big time it took awhile to get her calmed down and to stop errupting.

bottom line cleaniness is great and needed by all not just bbw woman and men. But when doubt it test yourself by taking a unscented tissue and rubbing your genitals and then smelling them. I for one think everyone should taste there own sexual body juices to see what there sexual partner will experience.

No1 bby... we all do thing we dont that arent exactly wise for us, when it come to self esteem, wanting to be excepted or for love. You are wise now, but that learning experince helped bring you to where you are now a wise and awesome person as i have read many of your posts. That Girl and Emruld you both are awesone woman in your own rights dont settle for less that what you deserve.
Does weight matter, IMO NO, but it is diffucult to tollerate bad smells no matter what your feelings may be towards your partner. It does not matter if the are rail thin or extra large when you stink, you stink. ........ But being open and communicative can solve some of the hyigene problems. But be gentle no one wants to be told that they stink. Asking someone to lose weight and dangly sexual pleasure over there head is unfair and manipulative. You should get oral gratication and be accepted as you are.
Take care!
AWR
 A_wild _rose

F U V M...???
Posted: 6/14/2009 12:26:43 PM
IMO Anyone who replies with FUVM is a jerk. In your own best interest, he should be blocked from contacting you. You can do this in your email setting very easliy. You or anyone else on POF, does not deserve to be treated rudy here and his reply is unaceptable.
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 28 (view)

Will VoIP work on my network?
Posted: 4/26/2009 7:16:46 PM
I have been using my magic jack for over 6 monthes now and did the number crunch on the savings in long distance to and from Canada and the US and have saved well over $1500.00. Long distance calls average about 4to 8 a day at about 30minutes to an hour.
Have found that it works much clearer with cable than dsl but still it is clear and cost effective for me. I do not miss the monthly phone bill at all. But I do run My Pc only when I am home. I like that the voice mail is emailed to my email and that I can check it from where I am at with a computer if I am not home. Had other voip and this is my far the most efficent I have found. $19.00 a year is a great saving to my budget.
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 10 (view)

When rebooting system asks me to remove discs when there is none
Posted: 3/21/2009 12:13:39 PM
Thank you ticket. On your advice,I did check for bio up dates. The update I was referring to was a service pack 3 that I got dirertly from micro. thanks again and take care! AWR
 A_wild _rose

Posted: 3/17/2009 9:58:25 PM
Hey thanks everyone!!!! Getting into the bios, once I figured out how to do it from the instuctions I got from a POF member and changing the boot sequence worked! Thanks so much to everyone that posted and offer advice!
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 3/9/2009 8:08:13 PM
Thanks everyone I love it that you are all willing to help me but guys there is a problem and that is I am a non techie and I really need step by step instructions please. I can put up a web page and do graphics in a heart beat but fixing the machine is something that I am not exactly clear on. As I said when the computer goes to boot after the mother board logo come up it goes to please remove all disc and then press any key to start. So I restart it again and hit f8 and it goes to the boot menu so I select from the drives there to reboot it and it goes straight to loading the programs. however I have never selected to reboot the floppy. In my limited thinking I had thought to possibly go to a restoral point from safe mode thinking that may work as this seemed to have occured after downloading the latest service pack from mirco but after reading all you have posted here. I am glad I did not and I am feeling rather out of my league. So please if you would step by step would be great as I do well following clear directions on how do to computer stuff. thanks again guy and please take care!

Ps Hey Ok I at least know that the floppy is square lol and I know which is the floppy drive and which is not. the machine does loads perfectly when I do have it totally in safe mode. and restart it after safe mode as well as from the boot menu if I have the correct terms. I am front end smart Ie xtml,html, cs, asp.net, cgi smart guys but not tech smart. lol
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 15 (view)

Lost alot of weight...self conscious about body
Posted: 3/8/2009 9:17:53 PM
Cudos to you op on your weight loss.
while there are some who would have issues with your skin for there one reasons.
There are others who will love you and accept you for who you are. As Girlinan
said we all have flaws. No one is perfect, nor will they ever be. Take heart and be confident in your self. If others have issues it is their problem, their hang up not yours. Let them go at the way side and do not let them bring you down. Life is to short to let other people hang up affect your happiness. Take care and be proud of yourself you are a beautiful person.

Girlinan I am impressed the world needs many more people like you in it. I hope life treat you kind and you are blessed. I couldnt have it said it better myself Take care!

AWR
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 3/8/2009 2:46:21 PM
Hi everyone A non techie here and I am some what computer illerate, so please bare with me. When I go to reboot/start my pc it goes to please remove disc and press any button to continue. I do and there is no resposnse from the PC except it keeps displaying the same message.There are no discs or floppys in the machine. I have tried to open and reclose the doors/trays but it has not effect. I can however hit F8 and go to the reboot menu there and it will load after that just fine. It started doing this after I down loaded the latest service pack from micro. I have XP pro. I have run virus scans using avg and avast, scan with malware bytes and superanti spy ware, done a registry fix/clean using comodo and esing. the scan all are coming up negative for virus or malware or spy/adware. Also the computer tower went through a recent drama event the whole house was filled with smoke due the neighbors house next door catching on fire. I had it checked out and was told it was fine. But I am wondering if it was not really ok. This has been frustrating. Any ideas or help with this problem would really be a god send thanks.
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 17 (view)

Circle of trust......
Posted: 1/17/2009 9:30:12 PM
Say what you mean..... mean what you say.......do what you say....it is called intregrity
it creates trust.........broken promises create conflict, hurt, disappointments, dis-illusions and mistrust. Promises big or small need to be kept. Think carfeully before you make one!!
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 169 (view)

Meditations on Love
Posted: 1/6/2009 10:15:39 PM
His kind words evoke truth Impresaria as we do appreciate you. I can also understand the pain of divorce too. But it does get better with time. Sorry that sounds so much like a cliche. I can well imagine that right now you would rather time would speed up so that the pain and hurt could subside. I am so sorry that everything turned out the way it did for you. I truly wish there were words that I could say that would ease your soul, but what would they be I haven't a clue. So I am only left with the most basic of I am so sorry. It is one of those moments where you question why pain is as much a part of life as is breathing. I hope you find peace and healing! Blessing and take care!
AWR
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 151 (view)

Meditations on Love
Posted: 1/1/2009 4:20:29 AM
Oh my it seems mediations on love has several being defensive now.
Can we all agree to disagree and then maybe track the thread back to its orginal purpose. Can we not practice a little unconditinal love and forgiveness our shelves here, and go back to getting along. Would that be so hard to do? This thread started out being positve, now it is being drug through negitive quagmire. Is that what you guys really want to do? Unconditional love has no room for bruised egos, and I am sorry that some were bruised here in this thread I believe unintentional. but please can we keep this in check and positive. Just my 2 cents worth!

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!!

AWR
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 99 (view)

Meditations on Love
Posted: 12/30/2008 9:00:56 PM
Yikes I do believe that I have become the typo queen here. But alas the human mind thank god will read my typos in the correct way. So in the words of yoda reading proof must I, sense then do I make. Have a great New Year all!
Ps thanks Impersaria.
AWR
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 98 (view)

Meditations on Love
Posted: 12/30/2008 8:53:55 PM

Certainly, I appreciate a pretty lady but it is the mind that appeals to me and draws the body up with its quality. I believe I stand precisely opposite of Petered in that I require an exceptionally intelligent woman and I -want- to be challenged when I come home. A firm, shapely body can hold my attention for an hour; a finely honed mind can hold me rapt for days.

I think he has it right, when the body goes with age the mind does not usually go. and what do you do in the mean time after you have the great body wrapped around for a little while to achieve your fire works. Hmm if there is no substance behind the great body to stimulate the mind the boredom will definately set in. A chanllenging mind is a gift especailly if it is gifted with humour.
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 25 (view)

Am I Over-Looking Mr. Right For Me?
Posted: 12/30/2008 6:05:48 PM
Wow you developed feelings for someone who turned out to be a little shorter than you so now there is no attraction. So are you so perfect then that you will age so gracefully that you will not have wrinkles, or develop bone loss and thus decrease in height yourself like a vast majority of women do with the start of menopause. Wow the book was ok until you seen the cover. So do you expect to stay the same all your life and never get old. so if someone were to judge you on your looks not on your heart and your looks go where does that leave you?. hmmm maybe lonely. Love and care with your heart not you eyes, as we all get get old and loose our looks. Developing feelings and forming a friendship with this guy before meeting him was unfair to him and you let him think that it was ok to from these feelings instead of holding them in check. Wow isn't that kind of playing him and yes just a little shallow. if you love with your eyes and not your heart you will ..due to times aging effects may end up lonely JMO
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 63 (view)

Meditations on Love
Posted: 12/27/2008 12:32:06 AM
Siren I hope you do find Love pure in child like wonder and unconditional as well. You will find it have faith.
Impersaria- quotes From Schumann.. a sad tale about Poor Peter...Peter stands there speehless and still. Looking white as chalk.......Peter lost his love Grete to Hans.
We are all in this pond as like Peter we all have our sad tales of lost love. Let us just hope that our sojourn here nets or hooks us happiness and great love.
This thread seems to have changed directions some what, from sister wendy to bakerys to duck ponds to Schumann to playing marbles. interesting the play on words here and what is brought out.
Take care all ! Have Great new year and I hope for you all it bring you Love!
AWR
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 48 (view)

Meditations on Love
Posted: 12/26/2008 12:30:00 AM
Siren I agree. It is hard to talk to several at once and when you try to weed down who to talk too you wonder if you have made the right choices and hope you truly havent missed the good ones. As for courage , I dont know if it is in short supply as there is a reasonal amount of corage put into emailing and seeking other out in the face of your email being rejected by the person you email. But it does require great courage to simply be yourself and not give in to trying to be who you are not in hopes of making someone be interested in you.
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 22 (view)

Have you ever known anyone admit that a break up was their fault?
Posted: 12/26/2008 12:02:22 AM
It always takes 2 to make a relationship work and 2 to screw it up. So yes I admit to my part in making my past relationships fail. Acountability for our actions, is the only way we can grow from mistakes. If we cant hold ourselves accountable for our mistakes, then we are condemming ourselves to repeat our screw up. So if we want to make our future relationships work we needed to learn from and admit to our mistakes.
Those that play the blame I stir clear of as they have not learned much and as such are a risk of making the same mistakes. Selfawareness and accountability go hand in hand in forming a solid relationship. Those that are not honest with themselves about there past will in all likelyhood not be honest about theirselves in any future relationships.
And are to busy playing the blame game to really be emotionally available.
Good post BDJ. I strongly agree with what you said.
Take care!
AWR

Show ALL Forums