Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Take a look - Got some questions
 ohhrobby
Msg: 7 (view)

Take a look - Got some questions
Posted: 12/7/2014 1:39:41 PM
Okay, I agree with the suit picture and getting rid of it and I just uploaded a picture of me preflighting my old plane. I got rid of some of the description on the profile but I guess I am kind of confused about the old car commit and not trusting me. How do I build that trust or make it seem more realistic?
 ohhrobby
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 12/7/2014 12:59:34 PM
I am going to add a section in my profile of what I am looking for. Guess I kind of missed that. Thanks

I am not looking for FWB at all. I have had several long term relationships and am looking for a long term relationship again. What I was getting at is my form of dating/relationship is a lot different than the sweep them off their feet thing. I don't believe in a lot of the chasing women around buying them food/drinks and pretending to be Romeo. I believe in treating them as equals from the get go and that means we split everything equality from the activity to the cost. I really think the dating culture has really gotten out of whack to where guys have to do these kinds of things to get a woman’s attention and it’s almost expected. Well I guess I’ll be the guy waiting on the sideline for when women wake up and realize it’s not working for them...
 ohhrobby
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 12/7/2014 12:19:36 PM
haha yeah that helps and I see what you are getting at. I’m definitely not the romantic type is the problem and I’m not looking for the romantic type in a girlfriend. It’s actually a huge turn off for me. I am looking for a best friend that we can enjoy being together yet still have our own independent friends/personalities. I guess online dating probably won’t work out real good for my kind of personality type. Thanks for taking the time for the review. Back to the frats….
 ohhrobby
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 12/7/2014 11:32:56 AM
Hello,

So I have been on here for about a week so far. I have messaged several women and I can see they are looking at my profile but I'm really not getting any messages back. Now when I message them I make sure to read their profile completely and always include some questions/conversation starters. Is my profile lacking or are they just not attracted to me? The only reason I am so curious is in everyday life I tend to be very successful at getting dates and just building friendships in general. It seems I’m kind of struggling here so any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob

Show ALL Forums