Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: new nonpop country or you tube favorites
 backcreek7
Msg: 4 (view)

new nonpop country or you tube favorites
Posted: 1/20/2019 1:58:59 PM
... Below is a song I really enjoy, although it would be listed under a " bluegrass " label I'm sure. Great song either way, I enjoy good music coming from any whichaway direct shun ! ... col ...

lyrics * - " The wind blew cold on that mountain, on the night that I was made ..
................. Pale moonlight poured on that cabin, as shadows danced to a hoot owls serenade ..

................. When that fire burned down to ashes, daddy stared out the window pane ..
................. Mama knew without askin', her travelin' man had no plans to stay ..
................. And his gypsys blood's, a rushin' through my veins ..

................. I came out cryin', wailin' like an old freight train, nurse tried to hold me, but I just pushed her away ..
................. Momma took to prayin', Doc said he can't be saved ..
.............. . " Maam' your babies hearts already broken , he was born lonesome " ..

................. So girl try to forgive me, if your goodbye don't send tears down my face ..
................. Whether you leave me tonight, or stay here with me ..
................. I'll wake up feeling empty either way, I'm at the mercy of my DNA ..

................. No girl, you can't break a heart already broken, I was born lonesome " ..

... BORN LONESOME by Cadillac Sky ... ( choose youtube selection with two people playing acoustic guitar & violin / fiddle in the woods > the sound is right ! )

... > turn it up ^

... heart / bluegrass / sun ...
 backcreek7
Msg: 30 (view)

Dateing is all about race
Posted: 1/20/2019 1:24:58 PM
^^^
... Thank you Clytemnestra & yes > those Chicken Littles should really get their beaks out of their U-No-Whats ( fluffy behinds > col / hug )

... And please, give my regards to Agamemnon ...
... that is ~ if you haven't done away with him already ( I am sooo out of touch ! )

S
 backcreek7
Msg: 27 (view)

Dateing is all about race
Posted: 1/20/2019 10:23:14 AM

The greatest country ever on earth, seems to have the most racist inhabitants living within.

^^^ We have our share of the Good, the Bad & the Ugly. Seems to me, the attraction and rights allowed from our freedom magnet, draw / breed not only the good ~ but the forlorn & evil as well. I think the United States is a work in progress . One in which we are slowly but surely ( mistakes included ) continuing to strive towards our goal of realized equality & dreams fulfilled ^^^

heart / sun
 backcreek7
Msg: 73 (view)

backcreek 7's playlist ~ all music welcomed !
Posted: 1/19/2019 1:39:12 PM

She died from drowning, due to acute alcohol intoxication

... ^^^ Dolores Mary O'riordan ~ RIP ...
... A phenomenal vocalist / song writer - She was the lead singer for the Irish band - the Cranberries. The below song " might " be about drug abuse, demons, anger, lust, sins, lost friends > nobody is quite sure. ONE thing I am sure of though - IT is one awesome song ! Check it out !

lyrics * " I never had a friend like you, this is the day ..
.............. Your skin is white, your eyes are blue, this is the day ..
.............. But the winds might change, I will still remain ..
.............. I will always be there for you..

............. Ah ha, ah ha, ah ha, ah ha ..
............. These thoughts, they circle in my mind , this is the day ..
............. The demons I can't leave behind, this is the day ..
............. Don't be insecure, I'll be at your door ..

............. They will save you, they will save you, they will save you ..
............. Stay ! Stay! , Stay! , Stay!

............. I have provoked thy grace into my mind, this is the day ..
............. I have provoked thy grace thou art divine ..
............. Don't be insecure, I'll be at your door, I will always be there for you ..

.............. Stay! Stay ! Stay ! Stay !
THIS IS THE DAY > written by Dolores O' Riordan & performed with The Cranberries turn it up ^
ps ? the name of the song in msg 68 is " In Jail In Jacksonville by Root Boy Slim & the Sex Change Band ..
heart / death / sun
 backcreek7
Msg: 49 (view)

A love song ~ for all the men & fine women, on the forums ...
Posted: 1/18/2019 6:46:32 PM
lyrics *
............... " You could be my Silver Springs, blue green colors flashin .
................. I would be your only dream, your shining autumn oceans crashing ..
................. And don't say that she's pretty, and did you say that she loves you ?
................. Baby, I don't want to know ..

................. So I'll begin not to love you, turn around see me runnin' ..
................. I'll say I loved you years ago, tell myself you never loved me, no ..
................. And don't say that she's pretty, and did you say that she loved you ? ..
................. Baby, I don't want to know , oh no ..
................. And can you tell me it was worth it ? Baby I don't want to know ..

................. Time cast a spell on you , but you won't forget me ..
................. I know I could have loved you , but you would not let me ..

................. I'll follow you down til' the sound of my voice will haunt you..
................. Give me another chance
................. You'll never get away from the sound of the woman that loves you ..
................. Time cast a spell on you, but you won't forget me ..

................. You could be my Silver Springs, my blue colors flashin' .................

... SILVER SPRINGS by Fleetwood Mac
> turn it up ^
 backcreek7
Msg: 48 (view)

Posted: 1/18/2019 6:29:14 PM

... One of the most BEAUTIFUL love songs of ALL time ...

... Funny, I was born in " Silver Spring " turn it up ^
heart/sun
 backcreek7
Msg: 3 (view)

Men with no friends
Posted: 1/18/2019 5:04:52 PM
^^^ Oh yeah, almost forgot !

... I got two jokes below & one riddle type joke > JUST for you OP ^^^

joke # 1 > Two peanuts were walking through the woods, and one was assaulted !! ( ha ha )

joke # 2 > How do you get a bear out of your back yard ? ANSWER > Move the trash cans around front ( hee hee )

riddle type joke #3 > & btw > The riddle below, seems to somewhat pertain to your thread OP ... ( in an very abstract way, that is )

... " I am nobody & nobody is perfect > does that mean I'm perfect ? " ... ( ho ho )

S
 backcreek7
Msg: 2 (view)

Men with no friends
Posted: 1/18/2019 4:46:04 PM

men are social animals and need friends

... I think all men are different, but similar in their basic makeup. We range from having many real friends, to having just a few close ones. I hope most would not say they have " no " friends. For instance, I consider many of my customers friends, although we both feel ~ the less they see me the better, col ( $ )

... In my youth, I maybe had anywhere from 3 to 5 close friends, I have only two best friends now - my daughter and my brother. I freely admit I am somewhat of a loner though, and always have been . In my youth I hung out with crowds on occasion, but that seriously ~ was not my thing.

... As far as being social animals, I think some men prefer to be and some men don't . I actually shy away from people now, the less I'm around the better. I prefer animals and nature as my friends now , the friends I feel most comfortable around & would prefer most often, to share company with.

... I think what is most important for me, is being able to communicate with ALL people - regardless of age, profession, status or race. To try my best to be a decent person regardless of choosing to have a minimum, of actual close friends. I'm comfortable in my own skin, and I guess it is " to each his own " . In general, I don't think people can be judged accurately ( man or woman ) by how many close friends they have .

^^^ That's my opinion and I'm sticking f - in to it, col.
heart/sun
 backcreek7
Msg: 47 (view)

Posted: 1/18/2019 9:12:19 AM
~ Another love song I find absolutely well written & performed ~ dedicated to ALL women ..
... Who are searching > for the love of their life ! I hope you find LOVE again soon !!!!

lyrics * - " Daniel when I first saw you ..
................ I knew you had a flame in your heart ..
................ And under our blue skies, marble movie skies ..
................ I found a home in your eyes, we'll never be apart ..

................ And when the fires came, the smell of cinders and rain ..
................ Perfumed almost everything, we laughed and laughed and laughed ..

................ And in the golden blue, crying took me to the darkest place ..
................ And you have set fire to my heart ..
................ Daniel, I dream of home ..

................ But in a goodbye bed, with my arms around your neck ..
................ Into our love the tears crept, just caught in the eye of the storm ..

................ And as my heart ran round, my dreams pulled me from the ground ..
................ Forever to search for the flame ..
................ For home again, for home again ..

................ When I run in the dark Daniel, to a place that's vast Daniel ..
................ Under a sheet of rain in my heart ..
................ Daniel, I dream of home ..

... DANIEL by Bat For Lashes ...
... > turn it up ^
... heart / sun ...
 backcreek7
Msg: 13 (view)

Can An Idea Be A Thought
Posted: 1/17/2019 8:43:20 AM
..... I Taut I Taw A Puddy Tat .....

..... ^ saw wee ^ ..... ( couldn't help myself )

..... heart / Puddy Tat / sun .....
 backcreek7
Msg: 2 (view)

Help ASAP
Posted: 1/16/2019 8:04:50 PM
^^^

... First thing is calm down, collect yourself & consider the good fortune. It's a lucky thing, that this is even happening . Don't forget though > you are a good person who has made mistakes, you are not alone. Be confident and fall back on your natural personality , be yourself .

... I wouldn't bring your mistakes up right away, when or if she mentions it - weigh what she says and react calmly. I wouldn't immediately bring it up - or make a huge deal over it ( you've got plenty of time for that, col ) ... In the future you two can speak further, work things out. This is what mature couples do, for now have faith and be confident & secure in who you are. You'll soon find out what is on her mind, go with the flow ...

... I'm sure you'll get loads of good advice here, you've come to the right place ...

... & ps > IX - NAY to the you mentioning the herd of men ( lol ) I would let her bring that up, if and when she so desires

... heart / be yourself / sun ...
 backcreek7
Msg: 68 (view)

Posted: 1/16/2019 12:12:05 PM

Root Boy says > All I had was a roach, it's true

lyrics * " All I had was a roach, it's true ..
.............. Told the pigs what they could do ..
.............. Then they found a couple pounds, too bad the cocaine was around ..

.............. I'm in jail in Jacksonville ..
.............. I'm in jail in Jacksonville ..

.............. I was pretty high when the bust went down ..
.............. Nodding and smiling, shuffling around ..
.............. Now my life is just an utter mess ..
.............. You can reach me at my new address ..

.............. Didn't have a dime for a call. public defender laughin in the hall ..
.............. Took my prints, mug shots too, pushed me down to cell block 2 ..
.............. Put me in with big bad John, had to keep my mudflat on ..
.............. Queen's was screamin' up a storm ..
.............. Want my young body to keep them warm ..

.............. Now I'm doin' 11 months to 2 , for a crime I did not do ..
.............. My lawyers appealin' , coppin' a plea ..
.............. Gonna sue for what they did too me ..

.............. Gave me a number, ring in my nose ..
.............. Beat me senseless with a rubber hose ..
.............. Kept me dirty, fed me swill ..
.............. Don't give me no medicine was I was ill ..

.............. Had a hangnail, bad bad pain ..
.............. Needed Demerol right away ..
.............. Had an attack of the gout, where was my morphine to help me out ? ..

.............. Workin' in the prison laundry ~ smellin' like Clorox every day ~ brain cells gone ( sniff )
 backcreek7
Msg: 67 (view)

Posted: 1/16/2019 10:48:19 AM
^^^ dug the s*hit outta that S.O.B song RWR ~ seriously f*uckin' > too cool ! ( window up / cagers pissed ) ^^^

... Long long ago, in my youthful days - was sitting around in a circle of guys and gals, smokin' up some " good s*hit ". The guy next to me , hocked up this loogie and into my face it went ! Welp, was I pissed ! I was about ready to clock the f-er , but .... He apologized, turns out it was an accident - the last hit had done him in , col . I introduced myself, and he did the same - turns out he was Rootboy Slim !!! Well I'll be hog-tied and hung up to dry, lol ! Check out his stuff RWR, you'll definitely dig out on this dude !

lyrics* . " Dare to be fat, fats where it's at ..
.............. Dare to be fat, fats where it's at ..
.............. Having a ball, on cholesterol, c'mon you all - fat don't matter at all ..

.............. I saw a fat girl in my neighborhood , Good Gawd almighty she was lookin' good ..
.............. Tight ski pants, cashmere sweater, Rootboy can't think of nothin' better ..
.............. She's got a shape that makes me drool, Lord I'm just a fat girls fool ..
.............. She weighs in at two-oh-two, that's fine with me, I'm portly too ..

chorus ~ Dare to be fat, fat's where it's at ..

.............. Me and my woman, we got it made ..
.............. Eatin' in, eatin' out - at least 6 times a day ..
.............. Breakfast and brunch, lunch and dinner too ..
.............. Plus a few more dinners that might be new to you ..

.............. Come on come on you fat girls, give Rootboy some play ..
.............. Fellow might not be noticin' you, but I dig you - I dig you ! ..
.............. I'm a fat man too !

.............. I dig you fat girls, your foxy - your foxy ..
.............. You got put up on a pedestal, highly elevated - back in medieval times ..
.............. Your RUBENESQUE baby !!!!!!!!!!!!

... DARE TO BE FAT by Rootboy Slim & the Sex Change Band ..

... > turn it up ^ ( & munch away on dem dare cookies, col ) ...
... heart / sun ...
 backcreek7
Msg: 387 (view)

Hawkings was wrong about the non-existence of God.
Posted: 1/15/2019 6:49:11 PM

Hawkings was wrong about the non-existence of God

... ^^^ I do believe, that to be a correct assertion ~ in my humble opinion, that is ^^^ ...
... heart / evolution / sun
 backcreek7
Msg: 386 (view)

Posted: 1/15/2019 6:10:12 PM
^^^ thank you for the complement Initia ~

... Seems there are an infinite amount of possibilities, for the creation / direction of life ... ( & I love to wonder about all those things ) ... Honestly, my mind sees not so much " consciousness " existing in emptiness, but a very important individual purpose in the ... " construction " of the solution, to the quest. This " individual " purpose might be something as simple as a gene , mutating into a form which can cure cancer. It might be something like > all of mankind learns how to love one another and work together.

... In other words, nature ( & everything ) connected to it has a specific goal. This being possibly miraculous, good / bad , miniscule / indifferent. But what it shares in common may be, that it culminates in a change of some sort.

In my op > there is definite reason for life & the comos > and an end result absolutely known . What that reason might be or turn into, your guess is as good as mine.

... So - I believe when we die, we don't transform into any kind of anything else, all traces of us have bit the dust ( col ) We've shot the load, made are play - did the best we could . And tried to live our lives morally ( if given the chance ) in the circumstances that history currently provided us . Morality to me, seems like a gift given those who temporarily are in an absolutely HUGE lucky point in creation / time. I don't think anyone has any idea WTF is really happening,throughout this " fishtank " called the our universe.

>But that doesn't stop me ( & us ) from wondering <

... So, to sum it up - I think the purpose of all life , is to reach a certain platform of societal & developmental intelligence. From this point, I feel we will be close to experiencing our true destiny. In this sense, all life forms have shared in the collective end result - although none of us existing / living forever ...

... Thank you all for listening, I do respect each and all opinions ...

heart / sun
 backcreek7
Msg: 384 (view)

Posted: 1/15/2019 9:28:23 AM

If there is a God, you will find out after you die

^^^ In my " un-qualified " opinion, I think the above statement is incorrect. I personally believe, we human beings are here only as one rung in a ladder ...... This ladder leading to an end result known in advance, and proceeding exactly as planned. There are no " mistakes " - no " magic " - no " life " after death and no " religious " realities. The only " thing " that is known for sure, by we human beings > is that life can un-doubtably be a wonderful / horrible gift ( or a mixture of both )

... Another opinion ? > Intelligent LIFE is pre- destined > and all is proceeding as expected . The " result " is the reason why life was created in the first place ...

heart (love) / sun (star of life)
 backcreek7
Msg: 383 (view)

Posted: 1/15/2019 9:00:44 AM

I can't imagine anything being able to create even a relatively small thing such as our solar system, it is physically impossible to ' build '

^^^
... I will go one step further, offering a possible scenario for the creation of life. Maybe a vacuum was created by a being, existing in a " place " with no time, nor " physical " manifestation of any type . This " being " therefore, had always existed ( the being was neither born, nor existed in any " physical " world so to speak, as time did not exist ) This vacuum neither started in one place, nor ended in another. The vacuum had no bounds and time did not exist within' ........ Until the big bang occurred which created our universe(s) , time , physical forms, life forms & microbiological forms as well.

... Purpose ?? A guess might be, to produce another " creator " possibly, who knows ? Into this vacuum were placed 2 minute amounts of the gasses > hydrogen and helium. < From the interaction of these 2 gasses came heat, matter, the big bang and ALL life forms. Therefore, to say life came from rock, rock coming from 2 gasses reacting in a vacuum , may possibly, be a true statement. One word can describe it all ~ fascinating ...

... heart / life / sun
 backcreek7
Msg: 65 (view)

Posted: 1/14/2019 5:21:21 PM
... I think this is one of the most beautiful songs of ALL time. Although I don't lean to countryish normally, I recognize a great song when I hear it. Not only that but - it was my moms favorite song. She (rip) suffered from depression all her life, but hid it from we kids. Back then, there were really no meds to help out . I do believe, mom OFTEN felt so lonesome she could cry ( tear )

& Ps ? ^^^ She loved the " Kingston Trio " ( who sang the song above ) as well.

... Of all the kids, she took me under her wing music wise. She and I listened to everything from symphonies, country, early rock n roll & especially the crooners like Frank Sinatra ( she almost fainted everytime she heard his golden voice ) etc etc

... I LOVE YOU SO MUCH MOM ~ THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU DID FOR ME & OUR FAMILY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lyrics * " Hear that lonesome whippoorwill, he sounds to blue to fly ..
............. That means he's lost the will to live, I'm so lonesome I could cry ..
............. Did you ever see a night so slow, as time goes draggin' by ..
............. The moon just went behind the clouds, To hide its face and cry ..

............. The silence of a falling star, lights up a purple sky ..
............. And as I wonder where you are, I'm so lonesome I could cry ..

... I'M SO LONESOME I COULD CRY ( 1949 ) by Hank Williams ...
... > turn it up ^
... heart / love you mom / sun
 backcreek7
Msg: 12 (view)

Getting to Know a Great but Busy Person
Posted: 1/14/2019 2:58:13 PM

people don't fall in love over text messages

.... ^^^ Oh, I think they can and do .... It seems to me > frequent texting can lead to much more information about one another then, the brief amount of date time spent physically together. And " chemistry " in theory, is not a physical thing ( being together on dates ) but a mentally shared compatibility . Written valid nuances may often come more frequently from writing, with the extra time to think and examine ones thoughts.

^^^ just an opinion, nothing more ~ nothing less ...
 backcreek7
Msg: 11 (view)

Getting to Know a Great but Busy Person
Posted: 1/14/2019 2:35:03 PM

she's great to text message with

^^^ I'm of the opinion that " text " messaging is the greatest thing since sliced bread ! There is no comparison to a phone call, for example - where vocal spontaneity can result in misunderstanding & an accidental lack of meaningful discussion.

....... If you are reasonably good at putting your thoughts down on paper ( so to speak ) and also have a good understanding of people and the way they communicate - a HUGE amount of information about each other may be gleamed. As far as chemistry goes, I have to disagree with Penny ( the first time ever, col ) ... I think more chemistry can be traded back and forth via writing, then any amount of dating . I understand though, looks & physical mannerisms, play a huge part in a relationship. It's sort of a shame though, but the adage " true beauty lies within " > rings true .

........ Soooo much of who a person is inside, can be obtained from text discussions. I personally got to know a woman, better then I know my own brother. When we finally met after a year or so, we knew each other like the back of each others hands. It didn't work out for several reasons, but it wasn't that we didn't know each other very well.

... heart / text / sun
 backcreek7
Msg: 22 (view)

wow
Posted: 1/14/2019 1:55:50 PM
... She is acting / thinking like a 15 year old might ~ playing childish games with your heart. If this turns out not to be the case, could be her intellectual level > is hovering somewhere under, the age mentioned above .

... heart / sun
 backcreek7
Msg: 64 (view)

Posted: 1/13/2019 11:36:50 AM
... Okie Dokey !!!! Different day, different subject ~ col . Today I wish to share, with all those who may ( accidentally or otherwise ) fall on in here > an ABSOLUTELY horrible story !!! One day long ago an event occurred that tried mens souls. In the course of our nations history, the people of Boston often rallied against having their rights threatened. In fact, one time in the 50's they levied a tax on the MTA ( Metropolitan Transit Authority )

... Well one day, this dude named Charlie kissed his wife and family goodgye, on the way to work. He grabbed his 10 cents ( normal fare ) and hopped on the MTA subway service - it was to be a tragic and fateful day. Charlie handed the conductor his dime at the Kendall Square Station & then he changed for Jamaica Plain. When he got there, the conductor told him "one more f-in nickel " > omg !!! Charlie couldn't get off of that train. But did he ever return ? No he never returned and his fate is still un-learned ( poor old Charlie > tear )

... He may ride forever in beneath the streets of Boston, he's the man who NEVER RETURNED . So all night long Charlie rides through the station yelling " What will become of me? How can I afford to see my sister in Chelsea, or my cousin in Roxbury? "

... Charlies wife goes down to the Scollay Square Station, everyday at a quarter past two >>>> and through the open window, she hands Charlie a sandwhich, as the train as the train goes rumbling' through ..

... So it's up to the citizens of Boston, to fight the fare increase - vote for George O'Brian !!!! To get Charlie OFF the MTA > or he'll never return, no he'll never return ..

^^^ Soooo Sad , he NEVER did return !!! ( many tears, falling freely now ) Give it a listen, if you are brave enough !

MTA by The Kingston Trio ..
> turn it up ^ ( & grab a hanky )
 backcreek7
Msg: 3 (view)

new nonpop country or you tube favorites
Posted: 1/13/2019 10:37:00 AM
... Here is a cool song, from way back in 1931 ( I remember it well, col )

lyrics * .. " I would rather be buried, in some Cypress grove ..
................ I would rather be buried, in some Cypress grove ..
................ Then to have some woman Lord, that I can't control ..

................ And I'm goin' away now, I'm goin' away to stay ..
................ And I'm goin' away now, I'm goin' away to stay ..
................ That'll be alright pretty mama, you gonna need my help someday ..

................ And the sun goin' down, and you know what your promise means ..
................ And the sun goin' down, and you know what your promise means ..
................ And what's the matter baby, I can't see ..

................ I would rather be dead, and six feet in my grave ..
................ I would rather be dead, and six feet in my grave ..
................ Then to be way up here honey, treated this a-way ..

................ And the old people told me baby, but I never did know ..
................ And the old people told me baby, but I never did know ..
................ Means your just gettin' ready honey, for the Cyprus grove "

...CYPRESS GRAVE BLUES by Skip James
> turn it up ^
.. heart / blues / sun
 backcreek7
Msg: 63 (view)

Posted: 1/12/2019 4:36:58 PM

Did you say you saw your good friend flyin' low ? Flyin' low ~ Dyin' slow

lyrics * - " You say it was this mornin' when you last saw your good friend ..
................ Lyin' in the pavement with a misery on his brain ..
................ Stoned on some devotion, he found upon the wall ..
................ Of some unholy bathroom, in some ungodly hall ..
................ He only had a dollar to live on 'til next Monday ..
................ But he spent it on some comfort for his mind ..
................ Did you say you think he's blind ?

................ Someone should call his parents, a sister or a brother ..
................ And they'll come to take him back home on a bus ..
................ But he'll always be a problem to his poor and puzzled mother ..
................ Yeah he'll always be another one of us ..

................ He said he wanted heaven, but prayin' was too slow ..
................ So he bought a one way ticket, on an airline made of SNOW ..
................ Did you say you saw, your good friend flyin' low ? DYIN ' slow "

... SNOWBLIND FRIEND by Steppenwolf ...
... > turn it up ^
 backcreek7
Msg: 62 (view)

Posted: 1/12/2019 3:21:01 PM
... And then there is Johnny ~ who always needs MORE then he SHOOTS ...

lyrics * - " Johnny always takes more then he needs ..
................ Knows a couple cords, knows a couple leads ..

................ Johnny always needs more then he takes ..
................ Forgets a couple cords, forgets a couple breaks ..
................ And everybody always tells me that Johnny is hot ..
................ Johnny needs something what he ain't got ..

................ And Johnny's gonna die ..
................ Johnny's gonna die ..
................ Johnny's gonna die, na na na na na ..

................. And everybody stares and everybody hoots ..
................. Johnny always needs more then he shoots ..

................. Standing by a beach and there ain't no lake ..
................. He's got friends without no guts, friends what never ache ..
................. In New York City, I guess it's cool when it's dark ..

................. There's one SURE way Johnny, you can leave your mark ...............

... JOHNNY'S GONNA DIE by The Replacements ( studio version )
... > turn it up ^

... heart / heroin / misery / death / sun ...
 backcreek7
Msg: 61 (view)

Posted: 1/11/2019 9:22:04 PM
^^^ OMG RWR, that was beyond awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... Thank you sir !! I would have NEVER heard / seen that if you hadn't shown me. I mean, it was f*ing far beyond mesmerizing - really a one of a kind performance. Those 2 guys played the s*hit out of those strings, seriously . I have never heard anything like it ! ( thanks soooo much, I really enjoy a new experience in music !!!! )

... On another note - I just finished a book about AC/DC, was great ! I think they got the name acdc from an electric tag on their moms blow dryer. Funny, quite a few listeners at first, thought they were gay - acdc meaning they went both ways, col. Didn't take long before that got straightened out, they're a rousty bunch of all male f-ers for sure. The female audience ripped Bon naked at one performance, and the band itself would come into the audience and knock the s*hit out of those who threw stuff etc. > I dig on the Angus solo near the end, and Malcolm is really a " lead guitarist " in any other band.

... thank you again, my friend

S
 backcreek7
Msg: 59 (view)

Posted: 1/11/2019 7:24:17 PM
^^^ the turn it up shown above ^^^ was a pof error, stuck in the wrong place ^^^

... It is thought that Bon ( a lovable wild man & one of a kind ) lead singer of the Aussie band AC/DC died this way > choking on vomit . Obviously, opioids and alcohol are a " death " defying combination. His demise set the band into a tailspin ( as they & the fans loved him deeply ) but - eventually they came back with the LP Back in Black, and a tribute song to Bon. The band was started by the two brothers ( Angus- lead guitar & looks like a schoolboy + Malcolm ) I love the song !!! & the new lead singer fits right in with their " in your face " ROCK approach

lyrics* - " uh ! uh ! uh ! Ya ! ( you can say that again, col )
................ Brand new ok ya !! C'mon ..
................ Back in black, I hit the sack, I've been too long I'm glad to be back ..
................ Yes I'm let loose from the noose, that kept me hanging about truth ..
................ I keep looking at the sky 'cause it's getting me high, forget the hearse 'cause I never die ..
................ I've got nine lives, cat sized, using every one of them running wild ..

............... Carlos, Nas, ya ! We got a dope beat, back in the back of a Cadillac ..
............... Number one put a bullet in my power pack ..
............... Yes I'm a bang, I'm with a gang - they got to catch me if they want me to hang ..
............... ' Cause I'm back on the track, get in the back - nobody gonna get me on another rap ..
............... So look at me now, just making my play - don't try to press a button, just get out of my way ..

............... I just can't sit here, say nobody helped me turn, ghetto wealthy earn every cent myself ..
............... See ? that type of talk is bad, like a schoolyard brat ..
............... I'm making volume cash, making all you mad, give it all I have ..
............... Still they take too much, ungrateful stuff - it's just too bad and I'm just to real..
............... I'm just too authentic , I'm just to raw to hit me ..
............... Carlos on guitar - relentless, makes me visualize the clubs when they spin this..
............... So that's who I'mma vibe with , in any conflict ..
............... That's not a threat, that's a promise ..

... BACK IN BLACK by AC/DC ... ( rock out !!! )
... > turn it up ^

... & ps ? God loves those from down under, lil' platipies that they be ! ( col )

... heart / bon / sun ...

backcreek7
Msg: 58 (view)

Posted: 1/11/2019 6:52:53 PM

many people die from falling into a trance of sleep > then choke to death on their own vomit

...^ opioids & alcohol turn it up ^
 backcreek7
Msg: 57 (view)

Posted: 1/9/2019 7:01:38 PM
^^^
... Ok ~ I have properly vented & am once again , down to earth . Very cooly collected & properly maintained ( love you Nancy > bleugh ! lol )

... The last Steely Dan got me in mood for another , so here it is ...
... ANY MAJOR DUDE WILL TELL YOU by Steely Dan ...

...lyrics* - " I never seen you looking so bad my funky one, you tell me that your superfine mind has come undone ..
................. Any major dude with half a heart surely will tell you my friend, any minor world that breaks apart falls together again ..
................. When the demon is at your door, in the mornin' it won't be there no more ..
................. Any major dude will tell you ..
................. Any major dude will tell you ..

................. Have you ever seen a squonks tears, well look at mine ..
................. The people on the street have all seen better times ..
................. Any major dude with half a heart surely will tell you my friend ..
................. Any minor world that breaks apart, falls together again ..

................. When the demon is at your door, in the mornin' he won't be there no more ..
................. Any major dude will tell you, any major dude will tell you ..

................. I can tell you all I know, the where to go - the what to do ..
................. You can try to run but you can't hide, from what's inside of you ..

................. Any major dude with half a heart will tell you my friend ..
................. Any minor world that breaks apart falls together agan ..
................. When the demon is at your door, in the mornin' it won't be there no more ..
.................. Any major dude will tell you ..

... > turn it up ^
... heart / sun ...
 backcreek7
Msg: 56 (view)

Posted: 1/9/2019 9:25:39 AM

the wall is immoral

^^^ No dumb a-ss > what is immoral is , allowing 90% of the opiates to come up thru our southern border, instead of doing everything we possibly can to stop it ~ including some type of wall in the areas that need it !

So bite my a*ss Pelosi, hope you feel safe in your million dollar walled in mansion tonight !

S
 backcreek7
Msg: 55 (view)

Posted: 1/9/2019 9:17:41 AM

the wall is immoral

^^^ f you dumb ass !

* Assemble everything on the table in front of you. The heroin, syringe & needle, spoon, lighter, cigarette filter, belt, citric acid and water. Put the heron in the spoon and mix with water and citric acid. Hold the spoon over the heat source while the fluids blend. Place the cigarette filter in the spoon so solution will be drawn thru it, up into the syringe. Tie a belt or shoelace around your upper arm tight, to make the vein stand out. Inject and release substance into your body *

lyrics - " I hit the city and I lost my band, I watched the needle take another man ..
.............. Gone, gone, the damage done ..
.............. I've seen the needle and the damage done, a little part of it in everyone ..
.............. But every junkies like a setting sun, gone gone the damage done ..
THE NEEDLE AND THE DAMAGE DONE by Neil Young
> turn it up ^
 backcreek7
Msg: 54 (view)

Posted: 1/9/2019 9:04:32 AM

the " wall " is immoral
turn it up ^ )

... lyrics " Thirty days lord, and thirty nights ..
............... I'm coming home on an airplane flight ..
............... Mama waitin' at the checkin' line, tell me son why do you stand there cryin' ?
............... It was the needle and the spoon, and a trip to the moon, took me away ..
............... I've been feelin' so sick and tired, got to get better lord before I die ..
............... Seven doctors couldn't help my head, they said you better quit son before your dead ..
THE NEEDLE & SPOON by Lynyrd Skynyrd ( > turn it up ^ )

the wall is immoral
< f you dumb a*ss ...
heart / sun
 backcreek7
Msg: 34 (view)

Women can't hold conversations, that's why they're here
Posted: 1/8/2019 3:29:26 PM

may pertain to both men or women

... hot air ~ be wary of what you wish for ~

heart / yap yap yap / sun

col ( chuckle out loud )
 backcreek7
Msg: 37 (view)

Photos of ladies
Posted: 1/6/2019 4:03:02 PM

some women say all men are dogs

woof
 backcreek7
Msg: 36 (view)

Photos of ladies
Posted: 1/6/2019 3:27:16 PM
... just as I suspected , col 1 ^^^ ( chuckle out loud )

... there is no whatsamatta ~ with Whatsamattababy !

... 'nice pic' you cute lil' platipie you !! ( scold me scold me, col 2 )

... & weet woof ( < this is NOTHING but a " respectful weet woof " > just to clarify !!! col 3 )

... heart / respectful weet woof / sun
 backcreek7
Msg: 53 (view)

Posted: 1/6/2019 10:34:31 AM

Show biz kids making movies of themselves, you know they don't give a f*uck about anybody else

... ^^^ ... bleugh / show biz kids ... ^^^ ... ( hope s doesn't mind, I have borrowed her " bleugh " )
... Check out the slide guitar throughout this song, especially the crescendo ! Courtesy of Rick Derrenger !!

lyrics* > " While the poor people sleepin' with the shade on the light, while the poor people sleepin', all the STARS come out at night ..
................. After closing time at the guernsey fair, I detect the el -supreemo from the room at the top of the stairs ..
................. Well I've been around the world, and I've been in the Washington zoo ..
................. And in all my travels as the facts unravel, I find this to be true ..
................. chorus ...............
................. Show biz kids making movies of themselves, you know they don't give a f*uck about anybody else ..

................. They got the house on the corner, with the rug inside ..
................. They got the booze they need, all that money can buy ..
................. They got the shapely bods, they got the steely dan t-shirt ..
................. And for the coup de gras, they're OUTRAGEOUS ( col )
................. chorus ...............
... > turn it up ^ ...
heart / sun
 backcreek7
Msg: 16 (view)

What responsibilities should teens have and expected to do.
Posted: 1/4/2019 11:32:32 AM

Bullshi*t - your daughter isn't your maid and helpmate to you

^^^ With all due respect flowers, I disagree . These two ( father & daughter ) are not only family, but partners as well. Partners in the sense that they live together in the same abode, this being in reality > home too each. With that "partnership " ( so to speak ) come certain basic duties. Duties which are created due to BOTH parties, things that need to be done, so that their home will be just that - a home and not dis-orderly pig sty.

.......... In my opinion Kevin is not only entitled to them both sharing the maintenance involved, but also in keeping up the responsibility of a halfway clean and orderly home. In addition, I feel it is an excellent life lesson, that his daughter take her share of responsibility in performing certain household duties needed ( regardless of school or outside the home activities )

.......... Again - they equally share a household , and all the many benefits that come along with it. Kevin is only asking that, her share of keeping up the home is done freely - without him having too continually remind her of the obvious duties. I personally, would handle such a situation in basically the same manner as he. And not only that, I would make it quite clear what her duties are, and that they were performed without constantly reminding her. Life is tough enough as is, without having a " partner " ( for she is not only a daughter but a partner in a shared home ) who won't acknowledge her share of home & housework .

............ So, as I stated above - I think you have not asked for anything that is out of line ( including your desire to have her automatically, take care of her share of the household chores )

... heart / happy household / sun
 backcreek7
Msg: 15 (view)

Song for all the POF Forum members
Posted: 1/4/2019 10:02:41 AM
^^^ The Mountains High by D*ick (< bad nasty word, col ) & Dee Dee ^^^

... Last night I was dreamin' of these 2 songs S > & I don't know why, other then I must be obsessed with music white ? ( yes white ? ) So here they lay before you S ....

.... lyrics * - " Why is it never light on my lawn ?
.................... Why does it rain and never say " good day " ( Aussie greeting , col ) to the new-born ? ..
.................... On the big screen they showed us the sun, but it's never as bright as the real one ..
.................... It's never quite the same as the real one ..

.................... And tell me grey seal, how does it feel to be so wise ? ..
.................... To see through eyes that only see what is real ? ..
.................... Tell me, grey seal ..

.................... I never learned why meteors were formed, I only farmed in schools that were so worn & torn ..
.................... If anyone can cry then so can I , I read books ( me ) & draw life from the eyes ..
.................... All my life is drawings, from the eye ..
.................... That only see what's real, tell me grey seal ..

.................... Your mission bells were formed by ancient men ..
.................... The roots were formed by twisted roots, your roots were twisted then ..
.................... I was re-born before life could die, the phoenix bird will leave this world to fly..
.................... If the phoenix bird can fly, so can I ..

... GREY SEAL by Sir Elton John ...
... > turn it up ^ ...
...... heart / sun ...
 backcreek7
Msg: 14 (view)

Posted: 1/4/2019 9:10:08 AM

~ muzzle to muzzle ~

... :)(: .... loved the song ! thank you C !

^^^ Ahhhh ! This wittle muskrat would certainly enjoy that, you lil' platipie ( 1961 - I was 9 years old & had NEVER been kissed, in fact > one of my favorite sayings now is " I'm 66 & never been kissed ". I think my justifiable & sound reasoning is, that the nearest woman in earshot to me - will run over & plant one ! col.
... lyrics* - " Yeah .. Yeah .. Yeah ..
.................. The mountains high and the valley so deep, can't get across to the other side ..
.................. Don't you give up baby, don't you cry ..
.................. Don't you give up 'til I reach the other side ..

................. I was a lonely baby, I couldn't sleep ..
................. The night they took you from my side ..

................. I was a lonely soul, until you became my goal ..
................. And then I saw the spark of love, and then the stars fell from up above, oh yeah ..
................. I know that someday we will meet again, but I don't know exactly where or when ..
................. But baby, if fate has its way ~ We'll meet again some other day ..

................ The mountains high and the valley so deep, can't get across to the other side ..
................ Don't you give up baby, don't you cry ..
................ Don't you give up 'til I reach the other side .. "

... THE MOUNTAINS HIGH by****& Dee Dee
... > turn it up ^
... heart / sun
 backcreek7
Msg: 15 (view)

What responsibilities should teens have and expected to do.
Posted: 1/3/2019 11:38:48 AM
^^^
... You have every right to do a bit of bragging Penny. I am awestruck of the way you have led by example, regarding ethics of good old hard work and of " common sense ". I think if Kevin replicates even just some of your examples here, he will be on the right track.

... Speaking of Kevin, I think you are doing a fine job sir. You have had major challenges to overcome, and it is obvious to me - you are handling them well. I would add though, don't be hard on yourself - no one is perfect and those who strive for perfection often become fanatical. I think you should be quite proud of yourself, especially being a single parent. Keep up the good work and know you are doing a very good job. After all ~ YOUR piece of mind and well being is a valuable asset, not only for yourself but especially so for your daughter.

... I think you both ( father & daughter ) are extremely good people ( thanks to the reflection of who YOU have been & are ) I'm sure she will follow in your footstep, when she eventually leaves your home and is on her own. I think she will have obtained all the love, wisdom & guidance you have imparted to her. And, YOU will always be wishing for her to " walk between the raindrops " staying dry as a bone ...

& Have no worries concerning how " others " children are performing. I think a good human being should be judged by their character, not so much by their material accomplishments.

... Just so happens ( wouldn't you just know it ) that this all reminds me of a song Kevin > WALK BETWEEN THE RAINDROPS by James McMurtry. Give it a listen and please know ~ you have been a great example & a good dad !

... heart / good father / sun
 backcreek7
Msg: 12 (view)

Posted: 12/31/2018 6:49:41 PM
^^^ He kind of reminds me of David Gray, although they have different pitches - their voices are both individually unique !
... I love the song White Ladder , and like this one below as well ... ( for you and all our friends down under )

lyrics* - " Sail away with me honey, I put my heart in your hands ..
............... Sail away with me honey now, now, now ..
............... Sail away with me, what will be will be ..
............... I want to hold you now, now, now ..

............... Crazy skies all wild above me now, winter howling at my face ..
............... And everything I held so dear, disappeared without a trace ..
............... Oh Oh, the times I've tasted love, never knew quite what I had ..
............... Little darling, if you hear me now ..
............... Never needed you so bad ...

............... Spinning 'round & 'round my head ..

............... I've been talking drunken gibberish, falling in and out of bars ..
............... Trying to get some explanation here, for the way some people are ..
............... How did it ever come so far ? ..

... ^ btw - Really enjoyed the video, such beautiful blue water. The baby girl, the woman and the bright white beach ( wow ) I believe it portrays a man who is dying of cancer. He is singing to his daughter about heaven, so she won't be scared when he dies ( tear )
^^^ Such a beautiful song & message. Thank you sweetheart !

... love - heart / sun - star of life ...
 backcreek7
Msg: 11 (view)

Posted: 12/31/2018 6:31:35 PM

~ happy new year ( 2019 ) from my part of the world ~

^^^ Same to you Chambella ^^^ and may 2019, be the very best year of your life !
& may every decent human being on earth, share in love, happiness and fulfillment this year ..
.. Thank you so much, for the beautiful song ( The Horses by Aussie songster > Daryl Braithwaite ) turn it up ^
heart / 2019 / sun
... steve
 backcreek7
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 12/30/2018 6:06:53 PM

below is a song dedicated to a new " faraway " friend & her incredible singing & dancing wonderchickens ~

lyrics * - " All veils and misty, streets of blue ..
................ Almond looks ( grey eyes ) that chill devine ..
................ Some silken moment, goes on forever & we're leaving broken hearts behind ..
mystify, mystify me
................ I don't need perfection, some twisted selection ..
................ That tangles me, to keep me alive ..
................ In all that exists, but none has your beauty, I see your face & I will survive ..
mystify, mystify me
................ Eternally wild with the power, to make every moment come alive ..
................ All those stars that shine above you, will they'll kiss you every night ..

................ Mystify, Mystify Me
................ Mystify, Mystify Me "

... MYSTIFY by INXS ...
... > turn it up ^ ...
... heart / sun ...
 backcreek7
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 12/28/2018 8:14:19 PM
^^^ Hey CBGB brother man / Cool Dog ! Nice to see your smilin' faces > friends !!

... Here is one that truly rocks, like ACDC might say > " Let there be Rock " !!!!!!!!!

lyrics - " Last time I was sober, man I felt bad ..
............. Worst hangover, that I ever had ..
............. It took six hamburgers and scotch all night, nicotine for breakfast just to put me right ..

............. 'Cause if you want to run cool, if you want to run cool ..
............. If you want to run cool. you got to run on heavy heavy fuel ..

............. My life makes perfect, lust and food and violence ..
............. Sex and money are my major kicks, get me in a fight I love the dirty tricks ..

............. My chick loves a man whose strong, the things she'll do to turn me on ..
............. I love the babes don't get me wrong, hey that's why I wrote this song ..

............. I don't care if my liver is hangin' out by a thread, don't care if my doctor says I ought to be dead ..
............. When my ugly big car won't climb this hill, I'LL WRITE A SUICIDE NOTE ON A HUNDRED DOLLAR BILL..

.............. 'Cause if you want to run cool, if you want to run cool ..
.............. If you want to run cool, you got to run on heavy heavy fuel ..

... HEAVY FUEL by Dire Straits ...
... > turn it up ^ blast that f*ucker !!!
... heart / sun
 backcreek7
Msg: 72 (view)

*trigger* Have I broken it off too soon?
Posted: 12/28/2018 6:06:32 PM
.... Boy, do people stray the h*ell off of the subject around here ! It's like yak yack yack & cut cut cut !!
... yack cut, yack cut, yack cut ~ yack yack yack !!! Reckon I might try too straighten it all out a bit ( it's ok, I like to - col )

... Soooo > back to the REAL OPs subject > *TRIGGER* ...

...That f-in *Trigger* was a fine a*ss horse. Roy Rogers had been lookin' around for a vehicle, for quite some time. Bing Crosby just happened to have one - 4 hooves, a mane, big ears, flowing tail & excellent teeth ( no! you don't kick the hooves before buying ) Sale price $ 266,000 , he stole that pony > no s*hit ! (col )

... Kind of broad at the shoulders, kind of narrow at the hip , and everyone knew you didn't give no " lip " to big trig, big bad trig. He was a Golden Palomino Stallion, was a fine dancer and could gallop away into the sunset with the best of them ! Originally, they called him Golden Cloud, but it sounded a bit " too puffy ". Lived from 1934 to 1965 , and never really died - since they ended up stuffing him, and then plunked him into a museum ( & yes girls - he was well endowed )

... Have a GREAT New Year, one and all & ..... >>> HAPPY TRAILS TO YOU ( I do a great horse snort impression, lips flappin' away in the breeze > wanna hear ??? I knew you would ! )
... kneeeeeeee > kneeeeeeeee > kneeeeeeee > snort >snort >snort > flap flap flap !!!!!

... heart / *trigger* / sun

^^^ NOW THERE !!!! Learning a bit about *Trigger* was well worthwhile tonight, lol ...
 backcreek7
Msg: 36 (view)

*trigger* Have I broken it off too soon?
Posted: 12/27/2018 9:34:25 AM
^^^ thank you Dayna ^^^
over - thinking

... Why do women tend to OVERTHINK every issue involved, especially ( but not only exclusive to ) when it is concerning a perspective male suitor ?

.... Could it possibly be because ~ women are smarter about relationships ( & most everything else , then men ?? )

... " I say let us put a man and a woman together, to find out which one is smarter ..
..... Some say man but I say no, the woman got de man de day should no ..
..... That's right, de woman is smarter > dats right ! dats right ! ".

^^ Man Smart / Woman Smarter ~ by Harry Belefonte ( dats right ! )

..... heart / love women / sun
 backcreek7
Msg: 9 (view)

Bedroom colours
Posted: 12/25/2018 7:15:20 PM

making a home, I want to come home to

^^^ What an absolutely beautiful, down to earth & positive opening post !!! Truly, you are a sweet and wonderful human being. And don't feel alone, many have been down that " not in a good place " road. Honestly, you brightened my entire Christmas Holiday here ! I love how you wish to make your home, just that. A reflection of yourself & the place where all around you, will suit your tastes and casually define > who you are. You deserve it for sure !

........ I really want to thank you, and wish to give you a HUGE hug sweetheart !!! A New Year will be here soon, and I have a very positive feeling of good things to come your way. Hold your head high , good people like you are what holds our society together.

........ THANK YOU !!!! & Have a GREAT New Year SweetHeart!!!!
........ ^^^^^ ^^^
........ heart / good people / sun
 backcreek7
Msg: 52 (view)

Posted: 12/24/2018 7:51:03 PM
... Happy Birthday Jesus ! MANY LOVE YOU here on earth !! THANK YOU !!! ...

.. The song below is one of my very favorites, especially this version ( select youtube selection " JANE SAYS " ON GUITAR CENTER only ( absolutely fan fn tastic ! OMG !! SERIOUSLY !!! you have GOT to listen to THIS particular cut !!!! )

.. JANE SAYS by Janes Addiction ..

.. lyrics * " Jane says, I'mma done with Sergio - he treat me like a rag doll ..
................ She hides the television - says I don't owe him nothing ..
................ But if, he comes back again, tell him to wait right here for me ..
................ Or try again tomorrow, i'm gonna kick tomorrow ..

................ Jane says, have you seen my wig around, I feel naked without it ..
................ She knows they all want her to go, that's ok man she don't like them anyway ..
................ Jane says I'm going away to Spain, when I get my money saved, I'm gonna to start tomorrow ..
................ I'm gonna kick tomorrow, I'm gonna kick tomorrow ..

................ She get mad and she starts to cry, she take a swing baby, she can't hit ..
................ She don't mean to harm, she just don't know don't know what else to do about it ..
................ Now Jane goes up to that store at eight, the one up on St. Andrews, she waits and she gets her dinner there ..
................ She pulls her dinner from her pocket ~ Jane says I've never been in love, I don't know what it is ..
................ No she don't know what it is, she only knows if someone wants her ..
................ I want 'em, if they want me, I only know they want me " ..

... > turn it up ^ clockwise I'm sure, col puf puff col puff
...... heart / Jesus / sun
 backcreek7
Msg: 51 (view)

Posted: 12/24/2018 6:32:15 PM
!!!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL !!!!!!

... This here song, is dedicated to SUSANNA from Up / Over ... ( God Loves Australia )

~ chorus lyrics ~ " It's undeniable how brilliant you are ..
............................... In an unreliable world, you shine like a star ..
............................... It's un-forgettable now that we've come this far ..
............................... It's un-mistakable that your undeniable ..

... UNDENIABLE by Mat Kearney ( select youtube selection with him walking in the night, with what looks like a kitten, col )

... > turn it up ^
... heart / Christmas / sun
 backcreek7
Msg: 50 (view)

Posted: 12/22/2018 11:49:29 AM
... ^^^ ~ cool song ~ ^^^ ...
... same lyrics, check out the version has vevo written left lower corner of cover & band in the backround ...

WISHING WELL by Terence D' Arby

> turn it up ^

Show ALL Forums