Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Over 60??
 man in new hampshire
Msg: 78 (view)

Over 60??
Posted: 6/25/2013 4:08:32 PM
I don't care what they call over 60. I do care that it is difficult to meet a woman up to my age that isn't looking to get married.
I just want to date and maybe form a good friendship, but with a woman. If it grows to something much more, great. If not, it can still be good.
I know my picture is not very good. I have been trying to get my grandson (will be 7 in July) to take a picture. No luck so far.
Being over 60 can have good points. But there are also some negative points. Just have to keep moving forward.
 Man In New Hampshire
Msg: 20 (view)

Moving in together
Posted: 3/17/2013 4:22:11 AM
I agree with a lot of what bmore_goat said.
I know it too a few years after my divorce to resolve all my issues with the end of my marriage and divorce. I in no way wanted to get back together with my ex. I needed to get over my angers and fears of getting hurt again.
He my need more time to come to terms with his divorce before he can go further. Give him time and enjoy what you have.
 Man In New Hampshire
Msg: 12 (view)

Does Anyone Else Worry About Growing Old Alone???
Posted: 2/11/2013 6:49:30 AM
You have quite a few years before worrying about that.

Getting old and retiring is something everybody should keep in mind. The more secure you are with yourself the less you will worry. So if you build on yourself it will be easier to build and make plans. There will be plenty of guys around (even as you get older).

But again, way too early to worry being alone when you get older.
 Man In New Hampshire
Msg: 67 (view)

What do you wish for your ex?
Posted: 2/10/2013 6:10:19 PM
For my first wife (married 9 years, no kids) I wish her good health and happiness.

For my second wife (married 20 years, 2 kids) I wish she would move on. It has been 8 years and she still will put the kids and grandchildren in the middle of her anger. I have moved on but I seem to always deal with the complaints from the kids about her actions. It breaks my heart to see the kids still wanting her to be just their mother. I shouldn't ever be brought up.
I wish she could find something or somebody to find happiness with.
 Man In New Hampshire
Msg: 22 (view)

She says sex isn't important. What does that mean?
Posted: 2/5/2013 7:32:02 AM
Completely_Incomplete When you say " This is where the majority of men fail...they think because one is sexual that's it's a natural indicator that we're 'open to having sex simply to have it'...most are not..."

I think you should replace the word men with boys. A real man will respect a woman jf he expects her to respect him.
 man in new hampshire
Msg: 9 (view)

Unable to masturbate to completion?
Posted: 1/30/2013 3:31:44 PM
I know the inability to cum can be a sign of prostate cancer. Maybe the need for extra stimulation is a lead up to not being able to cum at all.

Maybe a check-up is needed?
 man in new hampshire

How long did you wait for him or her?
Posted: 1/28/2013 9:01:56 AM
HelenBackAgain ,

You are a much better writer than I am.
 man in new hampshire
Msg: 15 (view)

How long did you wait for him or her?
Posted: 1/28/2013 7:56:20 AM
When I wasn't ready I wasn't just not ready for a commitment. I was at a stage where any woman I might have chosen to get close to would be based on not being ready. In other words, a woman that might seen right for me then would not necessarily be right for me now.
 Man In New Hampshire
Msg: 1433 (view)

Can men deal with NOT getting blowjobs?
Posted: 1/26/2013 4:06:30 PM
In the past it might have been a deal breaker. Although it was never something I had to deal with. After about age 45 I decided having a great relationship can happen without being fixated on any one thing.
Sure, some things are important to each of us that we hope to find a partner who also puts importance on.
If oral sex was a part of it, great. If not, there are so many other ways to have great sex that I'm not going to worry about oral sex.
 Man In New Hampshire
Msg: 18 (view)

Is it wrong?
Posted: 1/26/2013 4:56:05 AM
I think 3ffervescent has the best answer. Toss a coin and "What are you hoping that it lands on?"

Gut feelings are right more often than not.
 Man In New Hampshire
Msg: 28 (view)

I just need some HONEST opinions...
Posted: 1/25/2013 5:12:38 PM
rockstar_nj1182 is being very naive.

I did a lot of research and talked to many doctors specializing in that field. All due respect do not act based on what he is saying.
 man in new hampshire
Msg: 24 (view)

I just need some HONEST opinions...
Posted: 1/25/2013 4:14:55 PM
I have had direct experience with two members of my family that were on drugs. It can start off as something that my seem not too harmful.

BUT, you never know when they (for any number of reasons) decide to try something harder like heroin. I can only advise anyone that people on heroin or some of the other closely related drugs can NOT be trusted.
I would be happy to tell anyone what it took to get my 2 family member off drugs. But only in a direct message(s) manor. It is too personal to put on line.
 Man In New Hampshire
Msg: 22 (view)

Do women get more attached if a man makes them cum?
Posted: 1/22/2013 6:58:29 PM
I don't understand. If a woman knows what she wants and needs why can't she let the man know. If he is clueless or doesn't want to pay attention he's not worth the bother of getting to know him any better.

Part of the excitement of getting to know each other is getting to know them sexually.

It all seems so simple to me.
 Man In New Hampshire
Msg: 8 (view)

why picking up the phone is bad
Posted: 1/22/2013 4:18:22 PM
If a man wants to talk to a woman before meeting couldn't she just ask for his number and call him blocking her number?
 Man In New Hampshire
Msg: 126 (view)

Messaging guys first never develops into a date
Posted: 1/20/2013 8:53:48 AM
venusenvy777

Couldn't sat it better myself. It's not a "I want to be most popular" site. It's a dating site.
 Man In New Hampshire
Msg: 52 (view)

security tips
Posted: 1/19/2013 10:20:12 PM
As the father of a 24 year old woman (she will be my little girl forever) I was happy to see many of the things I have been telling her. She just returned to the dating scene from a long (relative to her age) relationship.

Most guys are probably okay. But even if it was only one in a million I don't want to take the chance she will meet that one.

The advise given is mostly very sound. All women should do what is necessary to be safe.
 Man In New Hampshire
Msg: 62 (view)

Strangest Places
Posted: 1/19/2013 7:44:13 AM
under my grandparents dining room table waiting for family to return from an event
 Man In New Hampshire
Msg: 264 (view)

What are the side effects of using the vibrator too much???
Posted: 1/19/2013 7:11:12 AM
blondehussy, love you sense of humor. I would even move to SC for a woman like you!
 Man In New Hampshire
Msg: 45 (view)

Would YOU date someone with a chronic disease???
Posted: 10/19/2012 5:14:04 AM
pescando75, you're right. Anybody could turn out to be an asswipe.

I have a chronic condition due to cancer(s). I survived the cancer but have a condition that will be with me for the rest of my life.
You would never know it to meet me. You would never know it until I was comfortable in a relationship. I work hard, can do ALMOST everything I could before the cancer. But I am just as active, have the interests, and desire to move forward with my life.

It is good to see a lot of people that have responded in a positive manor.
 Man In New Hampshire
Msg: 45 (view)

Why do people hate their exes?
Posted: 10/18/2012 10:11:56 AM
I don't hate my ex nor does she hate me. We both know we can't live in the same household.

There are things that happened which are too deep to be able to be close friends. But we do have 2 kids and 3 grandchildren together. We try to spend the holidays (or at least part of) together as a family. We may be divorced but her being the mother of my children means she is a part of my family. It can be difficult at times but it I think it helps keep things easier for the kids. They know we will never get back together nor would they want us to.
 Man In New Hampshire
Msg: 17 (view)

Is it important to own a car
Posted: 10/17/2012 5:12:42 PM
Sweet_Danimal
Your assuming that the reason I have the truck is to tow or carry someone or something heavy. I have kept it for the versatility and driving comfort.
I spend a lot of time with my grandson which means carrying around the things he likes to do. We go on a lot of ventures which sometimes includes throwing our bicycles in back (he is 6). My son and I use the truck sometimes on weekend to do our activities. So a 40 mpg vehicle won't cut it. It has nothing to do with horse power. If I wanted horse power it wouldn't be in a truck. I also help a friend with his auto racing (midgets) carrying misc. last minuet things (he has a race trailer that needs more than a ford 150 to tow it).

I have used larger vehicles for a long time. Pick-ups, Suburbans, and even mid to full size sedans (and I'm not talking Ford Vics). I tried to drive a Honda Civic for a year or so but felt cramped and tired after only an hour on the road.

If I wanted something smaller, I would buy it. If I were not going to use the van as a van I would have replaced it. Or maybe I could have continued driving my F650 and be selling the 150 instead.

I hope women that I meet can appreciate me for who I am as much as I want to appreciate them for who they are.
 Man In New Hampshire
Msg: 12 (view)

Posted: 10/17/2012 2:03:05 PM
sainbain
predator (kidnapper, rapist, murderer, kiddy diddler, etc.) prowling , creeping out the ladies?

I am not angry or put-off by your comment. I do value everybody's freedom to have their own thoughts about things. So please don't get me wrong.
BUT, Wow, never thought of it that way! I don't really don't care about fuel efficiency (sorry to all who could lecture me about that) but I assume a regular pick-up or SUV would be better?

I am a caring, thoughtful, loving man who just wants to find a woman who will care about me for who I am. I was hoping I would get responses that would just say to be who you are and what kind of vehicle you drive is unimportant. Some have responded that way. And I respect how others feel differently.
 Man In New Hampshire

Posted: 10/17/2012 1:26:10 PM
Sweet_Danimal :
I only drive about 200 miles a week. I would probably buy either a pick-up or small to mid size SUV. The difference in mileage would take a long time to make up for the cost of another vehicle.

I have had cars in the past but usually hobby cars like a Camaro.

Buying a car for dating seems a little much but I am thinking that a work truck may not go over well. I wish I could find a woman who >>>>>>>. But then again, so don't we all have our ideals.
 Man In New Hampshire
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 10/17/2012 10:42:46 AM
I don't mind doing all the driving and using what ever I might own at that time.

I was just wondering if a car is usually expected or if a truck is ok too. I'm sure a decked out regular passenger pick up would be ok. I just haven't felt the need to worry about what I drive as long as it is dependable and I am happy with it.
 Man In New Hampshire
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 10/17/2012 10:21:05 AM
I am new to returning to dating. I have owned vehicles to suit my activities. I owned a Suburban when towing for racing, a mid-size suv so my daughter could use it, and a Ford E150 cargo van for work (one of my company's vehicles).

It has been at least 5 years since driving a regular car for personal use. I currently drive the E150 as I shut down the business. I will probably either buy a pick-up or a small suv.

Does a car really make all that much difference. It's not like I am just starting out in life. I buy what I like or feel I need at the time.

Or am I wrong?
 Man In New Hampshire
Msg: 55 (view)

Dating in 40s & 50s compared to 20s/30s
Posted: 10/16/2012 7:17:31 PM
I don't think it's being picky as much as just knowing yourself better. Why go where you know it won't work.
 Man In New Hampshire
Msg: 5 (view)

Need a profile review
Posted: 10/16/2012 4:50:21 PM
firefly, when I do my searches I do go a little over my age. I didn't think it would make much difference. I will go and change my profile (probably).

Thank you for you feed back
 Man In New Hampshire
Msg: 2 (view)

Need a profile review
Posted: 10/16/2012 3:57:18 PM
Maybe I should clarify a little more.

I have been very busy and have put dating on a far back burner. I have not dated for at least 4 years.

I recently decided to free up more time to enjoy life. I don't know how to "put my best foot forward". Saying how long I have not dated in my profile seems not appropriate or wise.

I have only been trying to contact women on POF for a week or so. Haven't had much luck at all.

A better, up-dated picture would help, I'm sure. But what else can I say, or reword, or not say to better my chances?
 Man In New Hampshire
Msg: 1 (view)

Need a profile review
Posted: 10/16/2012 10:34:02 AM
I know I need new pictures. It seems I am the one who is always taking the pictures. I will find a way.

How do I write a profile that says I would like to have a long term relationship but not sound in a hurry. I want to get to know the woman before deciding on a relationship. Could be quick or take more time. I have been on some dates where I felt like I was on a job interview.
 Man In New Hampshire
Msg: 51 (view)

acting in adult films
Posted: 10/15/2012 1:26:01 PM
Sex with another person is suppose to be intimate. I can't see the reason to do it, even for money. Too many dangers.

It might sound daring and exciting in talking about it. But actually doing it ??????????????
 Man In New Hampshire
Msg: 134 (view)

For women, oral sex from behind?
Posted: 10/15/2012 1:00:43 PM
What if that was all he wanted to, to please you? Mutual holding and kissing. But everything else is focused on satisfying all your desires.

What if his enjoyment was from bringing you to the best climax possible?
 man in new hampshire
Msg: 2 (view)

I don't get it!
Posted: 6/20/2009 10:16:00 AM
It sounds like he likes you but not in the way you want him to. It's not quite fwb but it sounds as if he gets lonely and wants to (sometimes) talk with and be with a woman.
He doesn't sound like he is ready for a regular, consistant relationship with you. You should tell him that he either wants the same type of relationship as you or good by.
 Man In New Hampshire
Msg: 43 (view)

what do men consider overweight?
Posted: 5/17/2009 10:23:11 PM
Gwendolyn2009 has the best attitude Iv'e heard. And although she lists herself as a few pounds over, her few pounds are deffinately not a detrament.

It is all based on life's experiences and how we percieved attractivness when first starting dating.

Of course I am just an old guy that has always been more interested in who the person is rather than how she looks. And who she is and her self image will affect how she looks.

Just an old guys opinion.
 Man In New Hampshire
Msg: 7 (view)

SERENDIPITY
Posted: 5/17/2009 9:53:59 PM
Azalea and alv2.0 have it right. We do have much more control of our lives than a lot of people want to admit. It takes work and attention to have that control but it is worth it.

Besides, there are many areas we can't control so we should want to have control over the parts of our lives we can control.

'actualozing' did have control over sending a message to her current special person. She could have chosen not to send a message and be wondering why she hasn't found anyone.
 maninbedford
Msg: 86 (view)

Boomer sex
Posted: 9/14/2008 10:57:00 PM
It has been sooo long since I've had sex that I would need to really get to know a woman before having sex with her.

I met a woman recently that I was really interested in. I can only remember her eyes, laugh, and hair. But I guess she didn't feel the same. Or maybe it was because I didn't kiss her.

But there was a woman just a few days ago who wanted to take me home. She only gets out once a month and "needs company". I left as soon as I could.

I guess I am looking for someone to be close to, not just have sex.
 maninbedford
Msg: 3 (view)

Are relationships your number one priority ?
Posted: 12/20/2006 7:41:42 PM
My first priority is my kids and grandson. Then is my hobby. Hobbies help make a person an individual. It can help give a focus of goals and accomplishments. My career is important but wouldn’t stand in the way of a relationship.

To answer your question, relationships can be a number one priority depending on whom and when. My kids are a first priority but they also know I need a life of my own separate from being their father. To me, priorities are situational. How any relationship, including a romantic one, is prioritized will depend on the circumstances at that time.
 maninbedford
Msg: 21 (view)

Calling Kids baggage
Posted: 12/14/2006 8:39:31 PM
"But family and kids, etc. must be dealt with and often. There is no escape, thus the term "baggage."

I just call that having a life.

Some hobbies can take a bit of time out of a week. Golfing, car racing (being on a team, not just attending), attending sporting events, and many others.

Having a life isn't baggage. It's just being a normal human.
 maninbedford
Msg: 17 (view)

Calling Kids baggage
Posted: 12/14/2006 8:29:27 PM
So I guess people that consider children baggage would also consider hobbies, being close to your family, or doing anything else but being fully available for them in a relationship to be baggage.

Hmm, sounds pretty narrow to me.
 maninbedford
Msg: 11 (view)

Finding your home again . . . . .
Posted: 11/13/2006 9:50:33 AM
^^^ so true for me too. But I will not rush things to try to get there.

I know I enjoy sharing but it must be with someone I feel good about. That can take time. I want to be sure we both have our eyes wide open.
 maninbedford

Looking for advice. Youngest son is considering joining the military.
Posted: 11/11/2006 6:18:01 PM
I have a 19 year old son who has talked about going into one of the services. He goes back and forth on which one but leans toward Air Force.

As difficult as it is I told him I would support any decision he made if I saw he had researched it, given it thought, and followed his conscience.

As his father I can only be there to guide him not lead his life for him. I told him that even in politics I will respect his opinions even if they are opposite mine. I have taught him that is why USA is such a good place to live.

How could I tell him all I have said above and not respect his calls on what to do with his life?
 maninbedford

what do you think of girls with tattoos
Posted: 11/11/2006 4:16:34 PM
what's a tramp stamp?

It also can be a gang association tatoo on a girls lower back. It means belonging to / going out with only men in that gang or a particular man in the gang.

I like tasteful tatoos on a woman. Self expression is always good in my book.
 maninbedford
Msg: 34 (view)

so long!!
Posted: 11/11/2006 3:53:48 PM
When I first started reading this thread I thought it was about questions asked in the forums. It then went to e-mails. And then vocabulary.

Questions asked in the forums can get a bit wordy but if the person asking feels the need to use a lot of words so be it.

I don't think a person’s vocabulary has anything to do with how many words they use to express a thought. A person with fewer words in their vocabulary doesn't necessarily talk less. Therefore I do think that to try to use men vs. women vocabulary reason is both sexist and diverts from the subject.
 maninbedford

would you go to the store for her
Posted: 11/3/2006 3:25:50 PM
"don't see the problem,were adult's right? men know we have periods,what is embarassing about it?"

Exactly!

I even buy milk, eggs, bread, and even put my own gas in the car.

For God sakes, why wouldn't a man?
 maninbedford
Msg: 10 (view)

Children in boarding school
Posted: 11/1/2006 5:58:59 AM
justmeinnc05's comment

"Unless he has no choice in the fact he hasn't seen the child all year, that would bother me a lot. Even if the child is away at school, why couldn't he go and see the child? Mine are all grown and I could not imagine letting a whole year go by without seeing them." was a big red flag.

My kids are a big part of my life and the idea of not seeing them for a year would not even enter my mind.

Boarding schools can be good and there can be many reasons why someone wouldn’t want to tell about it in the beginning.
 maninbedford
Msg: 132 (view)

Why men wont date independant women
Posted: 10/31/2006 4:32:06 PM
countrygal45, Horny is probably just trying to see how many women he can piss off.

I can't imagine anybody with that attitude being able to have a sucessful relationship with the opposite sex.

It has to be a joke.
 maninbedford
Msg: 19 (view)

distance problems
Posted: 10/31/2006 6:17:15 AM
Distance can be a problem. But the more open you can be to meeting people the better the chances of meeting some really nice people as well as possibly someone to love.

Why not at least get to know each other on line and who knows, you might be surprised.
 maninbedford

Importance of sex
Posted: 10/28/2006 1:06:04 PM
As I indicated in my initial post, I will use what ever she desires except what I don't have.
 maninbedford

A couple questions about women?
Posted: 10/28/2006 12:59:17 PM
sahaja

"We won't miss you!"

Short, clear, and to the point. Love your response!
 maninbedford
Msg: 5 (view)

Importance of sex
Posted: 10/28/2006 10:02:00 AM
livlykuwrdyn

Thanks for your honest reply. I can respect honesty, it's a woman not being upfront with her feelings I would have a hard time with.

I just wonder how other men or woman have dealt with this. I miss being close to a woman. I still get excited just not with the usual results.

The desires are still there. But how have others dealt.

Intimacy is important.
 maninbedford
Msg: 10 (view)

WHO IT'S MORE HONEST: MAN OR LADY ??????
Posted: 10/27/2006 3:32:23 PM
A man can fake it with a condom on. But he wouldn't bother unless it were an unusual situation.

Show ALL Forums