Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: How did you learn to cook?
 Pickme_Pickme
Msg: 46 (view)

How did you learn to cook?
Posted: 10/28/2008 5:23:52 AM
Everyone thinks my dad taught me to cook because he was a chef.
He didn't but he taught me two excellent things:
1. What good food tastes like - bad food is unacceptable
2. Not to be afraid in the kitchen - good ingredients and methods = good food

Then I hit the books over 40 years of trial and error.
 Pickme_Pickme
Msg: 10 (view)

'Show off' recipes?
Posted: 10/28/2008 5:20:43 AM
Got to be my Coquilles St Jacques. I love my recipe for that.

If the person likes lamb - Frenched rack of lamb. I do it with a crust of crumbs, butter, garlic and fresh thyme.

For dessert people love bananas foster and that is easy so I do that. Trying to move them over to my warm lemon pudding.
 Pickme_Pickme
Msg: 46 (view)

Would you have sex with someone for the first time if they were wearing dirty underwear?
Posted: 9/30/2008 6:01:14 PM
Thank you so much for the clitty litter and the skid mark on the forehead best laugh ever.

Were these really dirty or just skid marked? Because you know us women overlook male skid marks day in and day out.

Truth be told if she was wearing black underwear you might have been none the wiser.

So you need the whole picture - is this a clean woman who may have had an unfortunate little shart or was this a pig all over?
 Pickme_Pickme
Msg: 33 (view)

You are dating someone and they say they are bi-sexual. Is the end near?
Posted: 9/30/2008 5:44:04 PM
Ahh you know what they say
Bi now... gay later

Truthfully if your partner tells you they like the same sex as well it does not naturally follow that they get to indulge anymore than part of a couple gets to say I like the opposite sex so I get to have as many as I want.
If you agree to a 3 some that is fine, saying one gets to have multiple partners and the other gets to have just the bi person - the same bi person who is saying they would do just fine without you- wow that sounds self centered just saying it. I'm special because I have given myself the label of bi so I get to have as many as I want and you are not special so you get to have just me.
It could work if it is what you both want, but not if the non bi partner is seen as lesser because they are not giving the bi person everything they need.
 Pickme_Pickme
Msg: 1944 (view)

Has anyone been brave enough to meet someone with no pic at all?
Posted: 9/29/2008 7:59:03 PM
Yes twice - the first one he was not cute and he had no teeth but that was ok until he turned out to be a jerk.
The second one - oh my god - he was handsome beyond belief and more so because he was my type. I turned into a blithering idiot. Luckily he liked me a lot and the rest is history...

I do like to see a pic because I do have a type and it includes teeth I have decided.
 Pickme_Pickme
Msg: 13 (view)

Low carbing for kids
Posted: 9/25/2008 4:24:37 AM
I think everyone can enjoy and feel better for the Atkins style supper of a protein such as chicken fish or beef and just vegetables or salad. That sort of meal is not going to harm anyone and it is amazing how unbloated you feel after.
We are in the habit of eating til we feel stuffed and that is not good for anyone.
Being an athlete I recognized that on Atkins I needed some carbs early in the day but was fine without them later. I am advocating a modified version of Atkins that is not necessarily weight loss - more maintenance and to feel better.
 Pickme_Pickme
Msg: 44 (view)

are women willing to look past a mans flawed teeth.
Posted: 9/24/2008 7:02:42 PM
Wow if someone can not take care of their teeth what are the chances I am going anywhere near their genitals.

If flawed means crooked that is fine. I will even forgive hockey teeth if you have false ones, but bad hygiene or maintenance of any body part is unforgivable.
 Pickme_Pickme
Msg: 142 (view)

Why in the name of god do americans eat pastries for breakfast?
Posted: 9/22/2008 9:23:06 PM
Some of the sugary cereals are the same as eating chocolate bars for breakfast.

We are supposed to eat breakfast like a King, lunch like a prince and supper like a pauper.
We do do it backwards.
I think most people take the fast route of quick energy - carbs and sugar instead of the slow steady protein meal.

Myself - I am a midday runner so I eat my lunch - anything from turkey and mashed potatoes to pizza meal - around 10 AM.
 Pickme_Pickme

Is there such thing as Chocolate buttercream icing?
Posted: 9/22/2008 9:06:48 PM
for the red velvet cake the original recipe is velvet because you use cake flour and also the icing is made by starting with flour and milk and cooking it thick - I have the recipe somewhere maybe try googling it if you want the original.

Not to be critical but I am not sure how a cake can be velvet if it is made with regular flour.

The cake in the mug looks amazing - I wonder if without baking powder if it is like the chocolate hot pots.
 Pickme_Pickme
Msg: 113 (view)

What name do you call it?
Posted: 9/15/2008 6:36:09 PM
My favourite is Dolly Parton calling her breasts 'shock' & 'awe'.
 Pickme_Pickme

Pasta Bake - so simple, even a single man can do it !!
Posted: 9/15/2008 6:19:08 PM
I don't think it is that obscure - Canadians know what a rasher is as well.

What I don't understand is if you are trimming all the fat off of bacon why not just use Canadian bacon (cured pork loin= no fat) or smoked ham? Lot of work and waste to be cutting fat off of bacon that is at least 50% fat. Rather than cut fat off I would be cooking it a bit and pouring that fat off.
 Pickme_Pickme
Msg: 31 (view)

Husband Fights Charge of Having Sex w/ Comatose Wife
Posted: 9/14/2008 8:48:52 AM
In my conscious life with my sweetheart I never refused him anything, if as he lay beside me talking to me, touching me and was compelled to wipe out the awful now and re-live a past joy - how could that be hurting me?
I vote yes - if for some reason my sweetheart wanted to have sex with me while I was comatose for whatever reason - he knows my mind better than anyone and knows I am not harmed by this.
Who is to judge other than the couple whether or not this is an unwanted act?
If it was a known fact that I did not love my husband- if friends or family had seen me refuse his touches than perhaps they could speak up for me.

The right to privacy was expected and should have been honoured.

If something happened to my sweetheart and he was still breathing and warm - I know I would be lying beside him and touching him all over knowing that soon he might be cold and gone forever.
Would you call that sick? or just sad beyond belief.
 Pickme_Pickme
Msg: 2823 (view)

GUYS!!! If you met the right woman, could you wait for the sex till marriage?
Posted: 9/14/2008 6:56:36 AM
I might say sex used as a bargaining chip is just nasty - you don't get any unless you marry me and support me for the next 60 years. It will be used as a bargaining chip/torture/tease device for your whole marriage.

I love the quote one rigid stance deserves another - I am adopting it.

If you won't have or don't want to have sex with me that is a warning sign of a controlling manipulative person who may also be undersexed and I'm not playing.
 Pickme_Pickme
Msg: 2822 (view)

GUYS!!! If you met the right woman, could you wait for the sex till marriage?
Posted: 9/14/2008 6:08:57 AM
There are so many answers here not sure any one will read this but three aspects need consideration:

1. THE NON LOVER/POOR LOVER
First anyone I have ever heard of who can wait that long is usually not a sexual creature anyway and they are using virtue/religion to not have to do it. People who agree to wait and then find out their lovely spouse does not like sex - now if you waited that long maybe it is not a priority for you either and you are a good match. But boy I would never commit to a sexless marriage = life.
Have you ever slept with someone who had been married for 20 plus years and discovered they were a horrible lover? Someone got stuck with that for 20 years. I have had that happen 3 times - the most horrible lovers I ever had, had been married a long long time.

2. VIRTUE AND RELIGIOUS VIRTUE IS POLITICAL/PROPERTY MOTIVATED
The purity, walk down the aisle with a virtuous woman in white has nothing to do with religion.
It has to do with property and inheritance and the only way a man could know (before DNA testing) that the children he was raising and passing his property to were his, was by putting the fear of god into his daughters and wife that she had to be a virgin when married and then stay faithful forever.
Think of it- the way to a wealthy man's property was to get his daughter pregnant and then you had to marry her.
Priests and celibacy same thing - once a man has children his property goes to the children and the church loses it.

So the woman or man follows this deluded political idea and you end up tied forever to someone who is not sexual.

3. WE ARE MARRYING MUCH OLDER
The person who waited a hundred years ago waited until they were 16 or 17 - today they would be waiting until almost 30. So as I said those people probably are low sex drive in any case.
I know, I know everyone knows the 30 year old virgin who turned out to be wild. Put her with your 97 year old grandfather who smokes 3 packs a day - hey maybe that would be a good match.

Think about if you are waiting for your own reasons or outmoded fanciful ideas of purity and virtue which were not really religious when they got thought up and then enforced.
Did they ever burn a good married woman as a witch?
 Pickme_Pickme
Msg: 474 (view)

Would you seriously date a woman or a man if they told you that they did not give oral sex
Posted: 9/5/2008 4:12:01 PM
No,
I would never be in a relationship where we both did not want to please the other.
 Pickme_Pickme
Msg: 17 (view)

healthy sweets & desserts
Posted: 9/5/2008 1:52:02 PM
Lansir,
For the doughnuts the flour is in ounces and milk and sugar in cups.
How many cups in 10 oz of flour and then the 8 oz of flour ?

This is a challenge but here is the healthiest sweet recipe I know. Got it from Oprah.

Frozen yoghurt:
1 large tub of yoghurt (5oo g I think) - vanilla or strawberry if you are using strawberries works well.
Almost the same amount of frozen unsweetened fruit such as strawberries. They have to be frozen.
I just fill up the tub with strawberries and throw them into the blender with the yoghurt.
Tablespoon or two of honey (I use creamed.)

Blend in the blender. The honey smoothes it out gives it more flavour.
This makes quite a soft frozen yoghurt so any you don't eat right away - freeze and when you go to eat it you may have to soften a bit in the micro because it freezes very hard.
 Pickme_Pickme
Msg: 11 (view)

Pumkin bars to die for!
Posted: 9/1/2008 6:24:36 AM
That seems like a lot of oil - do you think it can be reduced?
2 cups sugar for 2 cups bisquick would be right ie the cobbler I make...

Fruit cobbler
(This all just mixes in the pan and literally takes 5 minutes)

1 cup bisquick
1 cup milk
1/2 teasp nutmeg
1/2 cup butter or marg melted

add:
1 cup sugar mixed with
1 large can sliced peaches drained - 29 oz-
I have used lots of other fruit 1 pint blueberies and half pint black berries - similar amount of any mixed fresh or frozen unsweetened fruit is better.

Mix it all together in the pan 13x9 - mix the fruit and sugar and add that last
Bake at 375 for 50- 60 minutes

You don't even need to grease the pan just stir it all in and bake.
I have never in my life used bisquick (I am a scratch person) but this converted me.
 Pickme_Pickme
Msg: 11 (view)

What would you have your own personal chef cook for you?
Posted: 8/31/2008 5:49:39 AM
My dad invented a dessert and if I had a personal chef I would like him to work out how to make it and show me.

It was like apple crumble but had burnt sugar and rum - amazing warm with cream.
I don't know how to burn the sugar and then incorporate it.

SDJules - bananas foster is dead easy - I would not waste a chef on that one. Creme brulee maybe. Again I would be wanting him to show me exactly how to do it.

Everything I like I know how to make - and I make theeee best roast beef, yorkshire pudding and gravy ever.
 Pickme_Pickme
Msg: 23 (view)

Oral and swallowing
Posted: 8/31/2008 5:31:11 AM
Ladies imagine how dissapointed and frustrated you would feel if a man was licking you and you are all set to go over the moon absolutely ballistic and he stops and starts doing something else.
I know men would never do this because if they can get you there they certainly will finish but the comparison is apt. I would be upset if this happened once and if it happened regularly wow I might get bitter about it.

Some men taste wonderful - their cum is so nice - not too thick and tastes good almost like egg white and some is ugh- thick and almost bitter.
Some men I love to do it and ask them to cum in my mouth while others I just tolerate and do it for them with a good spirit.
I don't tell them if they have bad cum but I sure tell them if they have nice cum.

Experiment with his diet as suggested. There is a chance his will never taste good. It may be a matter of just more fruit and fluid.

I would strongly suggest you make a habit of doing this at least once a month- when he cums put him far back in your throat and start swallowing (4 swallows should do it) if you do it right it won't ever be in your mouth but go straight down and I promise you will hardly notice a thing.

Do this once a month for two reasons - 1. it is not hopeless for him - he is not desperate for it and 2. at some point you may notice for some reason it tastes better.
 Pickme_Pickme
Msg: 25 (view)

What's your favorite secret ingredient?
Posted: 8/30/2008 7:35:38 AM
I have to agree on nutmeg as my favourite secret ingredient.
Any baked product that is fairly plain such as sugar cookies, pound cake, pancakes it adds such a nice accent.

In my spaghetti sauce - love the nutmeg - people can't figure out what it is about the sauce that they like.

My sweetie taught me to put cinnamon in with the string beans.

Not sure how secret this is but whenever I bread pork, veal or chicken first it has to be soft crumbs which you always have to make yourself and half of the breading needs to be parmesan cheese. Most people do not know it is there.

My next favourite is fresh thyme instead of the usual italian seasoning in salad dressing or sauces. Greek salad with fresh thyme is nummy.
 Pickme_Pickme
Msg: 14 (view)

Do you do squats on your guy/froggy style?
Posted: 8/29/2008 8:57:17 PM
Another Canadian and yes I do this fairly often.
I am a runner and cyclist and it is a bit hard on the quads to do for a long time.
I think of it like being a jockey with the knees up and slapping the saddle. I find just resting my hands lightly on the man's chest provides good balance.
 Pickme_Pickme
Msg: 42 (view)

Your worst sexual experience
Posted: 8/27/2008 5:14:48 PM
Well I was talking to a guy for a long time so that thing where you have to meet them no matter what kicked in so off I go.
I drove 4 hours to meet him out in the back of nowhere in a small motel.
First he had no teeth. But I liked him and there was a medical reason so I got over that.
So we had sex - 2 thrusts he was done. Well he's excited and hasn't had sex for a while so I got over that.
Then we had sex again - 3 thrusts. I sort of got over that.
Sex for the 3rd time - 4 thrusts. I didn't have a chance to get over that.
He gets up says. You are a married woman, my conscience won't let me do this. I can't do this and he left. Are you kidding me?? He did do it 3 TIMES- BADLY.
I stayed a whole evening and night in a horrible small town motel with no food and bad TV and in the morning I drove home.
He knew I was married all along (I was there because my married sex was bad) but when he was horny he was ok with it and as soon as he wasn't horny any more he walked out and ditched me in a motel by myself leaving me to pay for it.
He probably thought he was taking the high road morally.
 Pickme_Pickme
Msg: 74 (view)

This site did nothing for me
Posted: 8/26/2008 9:00:38 PM
Karl one thing I can point out is it sounds like you made your profile more positive and put yourself in a better more charming light and women went for it.

It is like that job interview - you have to sound keen and upbeat. People aren't looking to take on someone else's baggage no matter how good looking you are.

People who do their profiles in a negative, chip on the shoulders, grudge way - well you won't even want the type of person that would attract.
Also people you have to think - if you have smoker on your profile even occasionally how much do you think that is lowering your chances. Smokers are becoming the minority and most non smokers don't want to kiss a smoker. I am not asking people to lie about smoking because you can not hide it - just it is a factor.
If you are multi-tattooed and look like a thug or in any way dangerous women are not going to invite you into their homes or bed.
 Pickme_Pickme
Msg: 28 (view)

Why more women arent whorish in bed
Posted: 8/26/2008 7:03:02 PM
Basic basic stuff as well as all the ingrained crap from every direction and for thousands of years that teaches little girls to be nice.
Remember ...
Woman need a relationship to have sex (or feel most comfortable being sexual)
Men need sex to have a relationship
Biological imperative demands a woman has to get a man and keep him home to maintain the nest for the babies.
Biological imperative demands that a man spread his seed as far and wide as he can.
You are working at cross purposes but essentially wanting the same thing for different reasons.
When a woman wants hot sex she is trying to hold onto you.
When a man wants hot sex it is in the hope that his legend will spread far and wide and he will win the procreation war.
So you laying there naked and saying be a whore for me may just backfire.
 Pickme_Pickme
Msg: 54 (view)

If you could be the opposite sex for a day......
Posted: 8/26/2008 3:06:42 PM
Well after I got the car fixed in a manner where I am respected, and have done the yardwork, and done all the manly jobs around the house that need doing, I would go figure out exactly how my penis works and what feels good.
You watch a man handle his penis and he really knows how to work it- I have asked to be shown how but not sure I have it right.
I am not impressed with the peeing standing up because there is a device you can buy for that and I have peed standing up.
I am also not impressed to walk around with my shirt off because in Ontario you can do that.
I would probably go to the gym, lift a really massive amount of weight and then I would go to the locker room. I would ogle the men and if there is a cute one maybe I could start in on such a sob story he and I would have to hug it out NAKED.
Sounds like a good day.
Oh yes and maybe I would like to experience skid marks or having sex with black sox on.
 Pickme_Pickme
Msg: 112 (view)

How often per week is a normal sex life?
Posted: 8/25/2008 8:11:16 PM
I like the habit of last thing before you go to sleep (even if you think you are too tired you never are) and first thing in the morning to start the day on a nice note of love.
It is a nice way to stay close to the one you love.
So for me twice a day is perfect with more special time on the weekend.
 Pickme_Pickme
Msg: 58 (view)

This site did nothing for me
Posted: 8/25/2008 7:40:52 PM
Well everything I say on my profile is true and I have met a some very nice people on here. In fact so far I have found exactly what I was looking for.

I find it annoying when someone puts nothing in their profile - sends you a message that says nothing that grabs you 'wanna chat' no thanks, and then they are offended.
This site is what you make it. If someone says something witty, intelligent or upbeat in their profile or message or has a cute picture I respond.

This site is exactly what you make of it and if you put nothing in you get nothing back.

A few tips to those who are not successful - try to sound intelligent and interesting in your profile and messages. You need to sound a bit more special so someone will pick you from a lot of choices. If you look like you don't even care enough to spell or punctuate what does that say for the rest of you?
Try not to sound needy or negative. One guy had the word lonely in his profile 5 times - I am just not going there.
Look at your picture seriously. What is it saying about you? If you are posing in front of an Elvis on velvet with a big smile on your face - get another picture. If you have your hat on backwards in a picture please do not message anyone older than 20 and expect a response. Dragging your child into your photo (women why would you do this??) please don't, it looks like bait or something.

You get what you put into it. Put in something positive and with care and you will get positivity and care back and well you can ignore the others.
 Pickme_Pickme
Msg: 120 (view)

Swinging i don't get it!
Posted: 8/25/2008 2:48:40 PM
I found this to be a very interesting topic - people in the lifestyle trying to explain the attraction to non-participants but it has deteriorated into a statistical analysis of STD risks. Truthfully STDs are not just owned by swingers so why has this question gone off onto this boring track when it can be addressed as a general topic.
Maybe because the non-participants have nothing more to say because they truly don't know what the attraction is and the participants are obviously too busy doing more interesting things.
 Pickme_Pickme
Msg: 20 (view)

What if your bf dosnt do what you want?
Posted: 8/25/2008 4:51:21 AM
In general I find if a man who will not do little things to please you - then he really does not care about 'you'. Some men like this do not even really like women - they love sex but are kind of misogynistic. I'm not saying your man is like this - but a simple request made in the heat of the moment who would refuse that?
Think about your man and if you will do everything for him - from all his sexual needs to cooking, cleaning, laundry but a little request by you is refused??
Think also about this - the one who cares the least in the relationship has the most power - if you have no power at all to even make a small sexual request examine how much he really cares about you.
I of course would make sure he is not having other problems with it - maybe try shaving and ask immediately after the shower in case he is worried about smell or something.
Negotiate - not beg - or say just do this for 3 minutes and get him used to it being part of the routine.
Not trying to be a downer - but a man who is refusing small requests even when he wants to get laid is not sharing the experience - he is having sex without you so to speak.
Kind of long sorry - but I think there is some good advice there. How old are you and how old is he?
 Pickme_Pickme
Msg: 103 (view)

Clothes on or Clothes Off
Posted: 8/25/2008 4:32:45 AM
Well off always BUT my guy likes this and I don't see why a lot of men wouldn't especially from behind - leave the thong on and just move the string out of the way - there is something about the string still being on the hips and the bitty triangle at the butt that is kind of sexy.
 Pickme_Pickme
Msg: 21 (view)

beautiful people, ugly genitals...
Posted: 8/24/2008 9:06:03 PM
You are so right, I totally agree - sorry I thought the post I was agreeing with would display.
I was agreeing with the person who thought the idea of 'pushing out babies or too much cock' was the womans problem was HOGWASH. Give me a break - if too much cock was the cause I would be walking on mine. Instead apparently mine is very nice.
As an athlete I have seen my share and I do not believe women with badly shaped vaginas have been abusing them somehow.
There is a variation in size and shape and I think personal taste is involved in what you think looks good.
If I may say other than a size (man or woman) that makes good sex impossible - appearance is a nice bonus but not a nesessity.
Bad taste of either sex is not nice - I am not referring to cleanliness but sometimes the food a person eats is evident in their nether regions or emissions. At least that is one thing you could possibly control. And hair - no reason to have a mess down there on a woman or a man.
I guess what I am saying is as with all things about a man or a woman good grooming can go a long way to enhance your gifts.
 Pickme_Pickme
Msg: 119 (view)

Swinging i don't get it!
Posted: 8/23/2008 2:13:57 PM
There is a reason it is called 'playing' it is not the same as sex with your partner.
It is frolicking and enjoying your bodies.
We have times when we are playing then when everyone is gone we are with each other totally and feel very close. You don't feel that same closeness with strangers.
If there are two women it is like she is your girlfriend and you are having fun working on your man.
I think my man is so amazing that I don't mind sharing. I am kind of an exhibitionist too so sex in front of other people in that environment is just totally different.
It is hard to explain the environment in a club - its like there everything goes and you don't mind anything but if a stanger on the elevator whipped his out you would have a fit. Context.
 Pickme_Pickme
Msg: 866 (view)

If someone emails you with misspelled words and bad grammar, do you respond?
Posted: 8/22/2008 7:10:57 PM
I try to take into account if perhaps English is a second language for them.
I don't not reply but I do tell them they are not my type. Because they aren't.
Really I have learned that someone who can not spell to a grade 6 level has very little to say to me that I will find interesting. If that is mean I'm sorry. If you are looking for someone to spend time with you have to be able to talk to them and you want to have some admiration or respect for them as well.
 Pickme_Pickme
Msg: 27 (view)

Date thought I was taking advantage of him by asking him to get me a pack of gum
Posted: 8/9/2008 4:35:23 PM
I think as soon as you have decided you aren't interested in him it is no longer a date. At that point you should be saying something like I guess there is no chemistry please let me help pay for dinner.
At that point you are just friends having dinner and all pressure is off.
To have a man running and fetching and then not even be civil to him at the end would make him feel used.
I don't get it. The car is stopped and you want something. What is wrong with getting out and stretching your legs and getting your own gum and asking him if he wants something?
Think about this situation if it was one of your girlfriends - you wouldn't do this to her.

Show ALL Forums