Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Anything I should change?
 tuck4x4
Msg: 7 (view)

Anything I should change?
Posted: 12/24/2008 2:28:28 AM
Well im stopping on the second floor now, hows that get you? 8)

I wish you would have popped me in the back of the head and knocked some sense into me.
 tuck4x4
Msg: 42 (view)

I love you but I'm not in love with you...........
Posted: 12/21/2008 1:42:24 PM
I agree with Stefy....

But when its an ill person saying it, as in my case, it means You are not the one... but if you break it off, I will stalk the living hell out of you for the next year, because altho i wasnt IN love, I did consider you to be MINE and wont let you be anyone ELSES.
 tuck4x4
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 12/21/2008 9:10:44 AM
Done, thank you.
 tuck4x4
Msg: 30 (view)

Posted: 12/21/2008 8:57:40 AM
I see that as part of our modern culture. We want it now and if it becomes tough, we want something else.

Psychologically, infatuation lasts about a year, if you survive that as a couple you can begin to look at it as love.

I believe that this is one of the major reasons the divorce rate is so high.

"I no longer feel butterflies." So they go looking for infatuation again, passing up what could be unbelievable.

Ok, you don't, but what you SHOULD have at this point is 10x better. You have comfort, and security and companionship and future.

Love takes work. If your not prepared to work on it, buy cats NOW.
 tuck4x4
Msg: 28 (view)

Posted: 12/21/2008 8:45:00 AM
My ex told me this after we had spent the best weekend of my life together. We'd been together more than a year at that point. So I told her, "Well then I guess I need to find who IS in Love with me" and left.

Last week I filed harassement charges on her. Ive not seen her in 5 months.

So in her case, "I love you but Im not IN love with you", was an ownership thing. You are mine to do with what I want, you do not have permission to find better and if you do I will make your life hell for not complying to my wishes.

What sucks is now we're both unhappy, but in different ways.
 tuck4x4
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 12/21/2008 8:38:09 AM
Thank you all.

Im going to delete the No Hoes portion of the profile, After re-reading, I agree.

.... besides, Ive stopped getting pictures, and thats a bummer.

kidding!
 tuck4x4
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 12/20/2008 11:23:36 PM
You know, as for explaining the type of girl Im looking for:

I dont believe in putting someone in a box like that. What I want is someone Im attracted too and have chemistry with.

I think your setting yourself up for failure if you put too much criteria on those things.

No extra fingers tho, I think thats REALLY gross.
 tuck4x4
Msg: 1 (view)

Ballerina
Posted: 12/20/2008 11:15:05 PM
Ballerina

Legs crossed, sitting on the floor.
I remember.
It was her smile.

Never mind her beauty.
Nevermind her style.

It was her laugh.

It was her glow that kept me,
that made me want to know.

Even then you were special.
Complex, I was always on my toes.

Just your skin, the glow within.
Just your lips, your hips,
your joyful grin.

Your arms, your legs,
your graceful back.
Your hair, so fine.
Your eyes, like mine.

All wonderful,
All beautiful.

All trivial.

Its your child-like dancing nature that makes you desireable.
Its your inquisitive little girl that makes you who you are.

Eyes wide, heart huge, voice filled with excitement.

I want more.

Independent and yet so dependent.
A graceful spirit pulls, pulls, pulls, like a magnet.

Your words never cease, they flow. Sometimes turbulent, sometimes peaceful.
Always a window.

Sharp tongue belies soft heart.
Hardened by choice,
softened despite it.

Which is you? I think I know.

I remember you, you make me break things.
I dream to repair what Ive broken.

Give me your heart.
 tuck4x4
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 12/20/2008 11:08:54 PM
Please fire away.

Anything I need to take off or add? This is my first time visiting the forums, any advice would be appreciated, and some of it would even be read....

Ive been on PoF for quite a while, off and on. Since divorcing 3 years ago Ive been in one very up and down relationship of about 2+ years.

Ive become very jaded about internet dating lately after meeting people that did not meet their profiles at all
 tuck4x4
Msg: 735 (view)

would you date a stripper?
Posted: 12/20/2008 10:53:18 PM
I didnt just date one, I fell in love with one. She danced for 8 years. When I met her she hadnt been full time in 3 years. She only danced occasionally for christmas money etc.

She was amazing for the first few months then became very jealous and started having huge mood swings.

We went to a counselor together and she was diasgnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder and possible Schizophrenia.

I tried everything I could but she became very abusive, verbally and emotionally, and even headbutted me in the nose once. I finally moved to be away from her.

Last week I had to file harassement charges on her.

The hardest part is knowing that in there somewhere is probably the most perfect match for me ive ever found.... and I will never get what I want because she denies she has a problem, but she refuses to fully let me go my own way.

Show ALL Forums