Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: WATERLOO PRE-VALENTINE’S DANCE – Flying Dog - Fri Feb 8th, 9pm
 black_hockey_guy
Msg: 4 (view)

WATERLOO PRE-VALENTINE’S DANCE – Flying Dog - Fri Feb 8th, 9pm
Posted: 2/5/2013 3:32:03 PM
DEFINITELY going to be there now...

Soooo could use a fun night out... been working waaay too hard....

Life was soooo much simpler in HIGH SCHOOL, LOL Think about it...LOL

Dave aka BHG
 black_hockey_guy
Msg: 3 (view)

WATERLOO PRE-VALENTINE’S DANCE – Flying Dog - Fri Feb 8th, 9pm
Posted: 1/22/2013 7:51:38 AM
Always a good time at the Dog....

So far looks good for me being there... Looking forward to it...

L8tr ppl.

Dave aka BHG
 Black_Hockey_Guy
Msg: 7 (view)

No smoking law - interesting loophole
Posted: 2/18/2009 3:08:52 PM
I don't smoke myself but I heard on the news about someone that was getting ticketed for smoking in the car with a minor..and while the officer was writing the ticket...the minor (while outside the car) lit up a cigarette and smoked it....

While the main intent behind the law is good (ie: I personally don't think it right to smoke in an enclosed place with a 2 year old for example)...it's impossible to have a "perfect" law....not even sure there is such a thing...so governments do the best they can I guess...

Just my 2 cents

Dave aka BHG
 Black_Hockey_Guy
Msg: 19 (view)

anyone ever turned a stripper into a girilfriend
Posted: 4/9/2008 11:53:40 AM
Edit: The reference to "U" in the above post, refers to the OP...just wanted to clarify...

Dave aka BHG
 Black_Hockey_Guy
Msg: 18 (view)

anyone ever turned a stripper into a girilfriend
Posted: 4/9/2008 11:50:45 AM
Hmmm...Kinda wonder about "turning" anyone into anything. From the way U phrase things it sounds like the ultimate "Do-It-Yourself Project/Ultimate Make-Over???. Always good to keep an open mind but do U really want to be "fixing" someone???

While I don't frequent strip clubs, I like to give "everyone" the benefit of the doubt as my assumption is always to assume anyone to be a good person first...until they prove otherwise...even if it were a stripper.

I've got some unique viewpoints Pg 5 Msg 117 under "exotic dancers" Don't know if I can post this here but this should be the link to that forum thread http://forums.plentyoffish.com/7948330datingPostpage5.aspx

As always, interested in other ppl's viewpoints.

Cheers,

Dave aka BHG
 Black_Hockey_Guy
Msg: 20 (view)

People With Freckles
Posted: 3/1/2008 5:16:49 PM
Can definitely sign me up....under the pro-freckle camp.

I've always found something unique about people I've dated and also have found it kinda dumb (IMHO) to say I like blondes or brunettes or redheads or look for a particular eye colour...to me it comes down to the individual (and the individual combination) that makes them attractive. So I've gone out with all colours of the rainbow, LOL...and that's the way it should be....but I have seen a lot of redheads with freckles that I thought were really attractive and sexy. I think the common element might be they all were women that kept themselves in reasonable shape.

Just my .02 cents once again,

Dave aka BHG

P.S. What IS weird is that I seeem to have this fascination with this dancing banana dude ... now THAT'S screwed up, LOL
 Black_Hockey_Guy
Msg: 5 (view)

Hillsbourgh County Police Abusing Quadriplegic Man
Posted: 2/14/2008 4:57:20 AM
Only one word comes to mind....UNBELIEVABLE...for ANYONE, much less those that are supposed to "serve & protect"...I tend to be an optimist and believe there are more good ppl than bad (including cops) but stuff like this does diminish that optimism.

I'm speechless and am not even sure if there's a punishment that's appropriate for not only the person that did it...but the bystanders as well.

I'll be watching this closely to see if the punishment even comes CLOSE to being appropriate.

Dave aka BHG
 Black_Hockey_Guy
Msg: 48 (view)

“Viewed me” link on POF
Posted: 12/18/2007 5:26:42 AM
Definitely find the "viewed me" link useful. I put a lot of thought into what I wrote in my profile and if someone has viewed me, hopefully they will have actually read it. If I read theirs/their forum posts and there actually are quite a few common interests/attitudes, I'm a LOT more likley to contact them than by making a "cold call". If I can see that there really isn't a good match, then I don't contact them...no harm no foul.

As far as ladies making the first contact.....HELLO...it's 2007...the days of men ALWAYS having to initiate contact goes back to the dinosaur days of my Mom's generation and the idea of being "courted" and "chased" which (at least if you really don't know the person...which is the case on on-line dating...is just a game). I definitely have a romantic streak & have no problem "courting" (for lack of a better word) someone I've actually MET in person and am genuinely are interested in, but I'm not going to play games (or waste someone's time) if they are essentially still almost a total stranger. Besides, I honestly and strongly believe that you have to have a friendship before you can have anything else, IMO

Also in regard to women making the first contact, I prefer women who have some independence, backbone, and are not afraid to say what's on their mind or go after what they like. So I have absolutely no problem with women contacting me (in fact it's almost a plus) as long as they have taken the time to actually read my profile and not just look at the pic.

Just my .02 cents...

Dave aka BHG
 Black_Hockey_Guy
Msg: 2 (view)

Why don't P.O.F. Forum users just date each other?
Posted: 10/18/2007 4:44:54 AM
The Forum would cease to exist....cause nobody would have anything to talk about, LOL

Dave aka BHG
 Black_Hockey_Guy
Msg: 5 (view)

Email Misunderstandings
Posted: 9/3/2007 3:35:14 AM
The thing you have to remember (from actual Pyschological studies) is that something like 70 to NINETY per cent of communication is NOT in the written word but in

1) inflection (how the tone of your voice goes up or down),
2) facial expression,
3) body language (this is a biggie) and
4) eye contact.

All of this latter part is LOST when it's just text only and "emoticons" don't (& won't) ever come close to replacing these things. To further complicate the matter, things may be taken out of context so people make "assumptions" when ever there's something they are unsure of. So sometimes the meaning of something (especially in the case of sarcasm) things can be taken exactly the OPPOSITE of how they were intended by the author

Phone is a SLIGHT improvement over straight text (since U at least get to hear HOW someone says something and the "tone" of their voice) but you're still missing the other 3 points above that you get when you are face-to-face ini person.

It's AWESOME that technology allows us to "meet" people that the odds would be almost infinitesmally (sp??) against and it's great to establish "basics"/common interests. My ROT (Rule of Thumb) is that for every 10 hours spent IMing/emailing back and forth you can learn as much about a person in ONE hour of actual face to face conversation. This is the main reason I generally stay away from Long Distance of more than a few hours drive away. It's flattering to get responses from across the continent or halfway round the world but one could spend 6, 8, 9 months or whatever going back and forth and then find in the first few hours of face-to-face meeting that that email "connection" really doesn't translate into real life. They might be totally nice people...just that "connection" isn't there. I know that "connection" is something I'm searching for and either it's there or it isn't...no inbetween.

So usually once I see that there are quite a few common interests (and that the person is sane, LOL), I like to get the first "meeting" in fairly quickly (plus some ppl post pics that are 10 years old) and see if "reality" measures up to "virtual".

Just my .02 cents....

Dave aka Black Hockey Guy

P.S. U probably don't realize it but even in this email, I'm trying to emulate inflection by using caps/shouting, to get EMPHASIS across in TEXT that would be blatantly obvious in person. Just as an example of the limitations of strictly text....
 Black_Hockey_Guy
Msg: 1 (view)

Princess Vs Nobel Peace Prize....
Posted: 9/2/2007 11:10:11 AM
First off, I have to say that I am not a very religious person, but I wonder if anyone else has noticed this.

There has been a lot of ink/press and a Concert for Diana, yet Mother Teresa did FAR greater work with the poor in Calcutt (devoted pretty much her WHOLE life, not just part of it) was a Nobel Peace prize winner I believe and is being nominated for Sainthood....yet I think I saw only ONE article on the anniversary of her death.

While Princess Di did many great things and it's admirable that she did, doesn't anyone else find it odd how disproportionate the amount of coverage when both died around the same time/similar "Anniversary"??

I don't think you need any kind of religious background to know who Mother Teresa is and the work she did, yet there is this HUGE imbalance. Kind of a sad statement on what the world thinks is more important, don't U think??

Any thoughts as to why that is? Or any thoughts in general??

Dave aka BHG
 Black_Hockey_Guy
Msg: 33 (view)

POF CAMP-OUT @ BELL FALLS ... Aug. 24 to 26
Posted: 8/22/2007 2:15:17 PM
Too bad this wasn't for the Labour Day weekend...I'd be there for sure...(hmmm, that could almost be a hint/suggestion, LOL)

BTW, this isn't one of those Campgrounds where ya get kicked out for saying "Boo" at 11pm is it?? Where it's "Lights out/quiet time" when it should be the opposite and everybody just kicking into gear at 11 instead of going beddy-bye...just want to know what the deal is....for "future considerations"...

Dave aka BHG
 Black_Hockey_Guy
Msg: 107 (view)

exotic dancers
Posted: 8/8/2007 3:37:33 PM
Hey Chipmunk;

When U think about it...most (and yes this is a generalization) business people's "job" is to manipulate money out of people. Do U think all the "updates" in the computer world are really for our benefit?? Or discontinued models?? Or parts almost expensive as the original item "so ya might as well buy a new one" (with more and more stuff going to landfill).

Actors/Actress'/Musicians make millions of dollars....how many of them have you noticed that you would consider "unattractive"....so (directly or indirectly) they are making money off their bodies....for money....sound...umhh...familiar???

If you were lucky enough to be born with and good brain, worked on what you were born with... and make money at it...that's admirable....but somehow if you exchange the word "body" for brain...the whole equation changes...NOT.

I personally don't really see much point in going to strip clubs (and am especially baffled by people who are in relationships yet go to strip clubs on a regular basis---if he or she isn't turning you on....why are you with them??) but in a sense they are a selling a commodity just like everybody else who has ANY kind of job. As has likely been pointed out numerous times, once there is anything to do with sexuality....it's automatically looked down upon.

Just pointing out that we're all "selling" something whatever skill or asset we utilize to make money...so one could argue that really...we're all prostitutes (not saying that strippers are autmatically that)...just for the sake of argument to illustrate a parallel....they are people just as much as we are...

Just my .02 cents...

Dave ak BHG
 Black_Hockey_Guy
Msg: 106 (view)

exotic dancers
Posted: 8/8/2007 2:57:04 PM
Hey Agent 343...

Take a look through a lot of profiles and you will see that many people who are in professional occupations (some even surprizing) don't always write and spell correctly. I've noticed ads by doctors, supervisors & other professionals (even teachers) where there were misspellings (SP??, LOL) and improper grammar. By your criterion, all these people are bimbos as well.

A good friend of mine is an engineer and often misspells stuff. I also knew another person who couldn't spell to to save his life but give him any kind of electronic circuitry and he's a whiz.

So spelling isn't necessarily an indication of someone's intelligence and if you're stereotyping all bad spellers as bimbos you definitely are pre-judging their intelligence without at least giving them the benefit of the doubt. Also, education and intelligence don't automatically go hand in hand. There are some educated people who are in many ways stupid people... and some people with not much formal education that will have more insights into things that you will never find in a textbook. Obviously, educated AND intelligent is the ultimate combination.

Spelling IS a bit of a peeve with me sometimes but I at least give people the benefit of the doubt & don't autmatically dismiss their intelligence because of spelling mistakes...I think a person who does that could be shortchanging themselves and missing out on meeting some good people...who's only quirk might be bad spelling....regardless of their occupation.

Also, keep in mind that often on-line...people are in a hurry to make their point...so spelling might not be high on the list of considerations.

Just IMO....

Dave aka BHG
 Black_Hockey_Guy
Msg: 35 (view)

~ How to get Pregnant!! ~
Posted: 7/30/2007 12:12:52 PM
After sex, make sure U hang upside down (with those gravity boots I think they used to call 'em???)...facing MAGNETIC North, LOL
 Black_Hockey_Guy
Msg: 6 (view)

~ Classmates ~
Posted: 7/30/2007 11:52:02 AM
Never saw the sense in paying a monthly fee for Classmates. I've kept in touch with a few close friends from High School (never lost touch really even tho' we don't "talk" often) but if I wanted to I could easily find other classmates thru them.

As I "non-member" of Classmates I found it annoying and basically amounted to spam.

As far as the Face place (and the many similar sites to it goes...bsically, they all are PUBLIC DOMAIN and as such, anyone can get information about you, which makes it easier and another source for identity theft.

Also when you get a request saying someone is adding you as a friend or whatever, you don’t know if they are legit (expecially when U don’t know/recognize the name) or are someone “phishing”/ havesting information/email addresseses or whatever.

I was never crazy about it from the beginning as, if U wanted to, U could do the same
thing on MSN (without it being quite so public). Even then it could be iffy...

Just FYI and something to keep in mind...

Dave aka BHG
 Black_Hockey_Guy
Msg: 311 (view)

Why Do women dump men who are nice to them.
Posted: 7/30/2007 9:51:23 AM
Interesting...I'll have to read thru some of these when I have more time....

Dave aka BHG
 Black_Hockey_Guy
Msg: 44 (view)

Reports of unethical or fraudulent experiences w/ True.com?
Posted: 7/20/2007 3:32:22 PM
There was an Interracial site that was advertised on POF so I thought it was a reputable site BECAUSE it was advertised on POF.

I paid to join and and in less than 2 weeks received over 100 "emails" from women. Literally 98 per cent of the emails had been copied and pasted (word for word including any spelling errors) from the profile of the supposed sender. The two or 3 "real people" who had supposedly emailed me...never had...either a person or an automated program was sending out emails without their knowledge or consent. The 2 or 3 "live" people were suprized that I was responding to "their" email....especially since "they" never sent it.

I'd have to try and look to see what the actual site name is/was called as obviously I cancelled the subscription at the first available opportunity and was glad that my gut told me to only try it for a month.

Anyway, I really can't think of any better features that aren't already on POF...the other "pay" sites aren't even on the radar screen....so they should be runnning scared. POF rocks IMO

Dave aka BHG
 Black_Hockey_Guy
Msg: 35 (view)

from interested to a quick uninterested?? CONFUSION!!!
Posted: 7/8/2007 1:27:57 PM
Forgot to mention that only ONE person (out of the many referred to above) has had the decency to say that she couldn't see it going any further. So we just left it at that, no harm, no foul and no offence taken even though she didn't give any specific reason. Everythings cool, we can still say "hi" if we see each other on-line and at least I know I'm free to talk to other women.

Dave aka BHG
 Black_Hockey_Guy
Msg: 34 (view)

from interested to a quick uninterested?? CONFUSION!!!
Posted: 7/8/2007 1:09:31 PM
This has happened to me quite a few times....women just dissappearing without any kind of explanation.

I find it ironic for a couple of reasons in particular. The main reason is that close to 100 per cent were women who contacted ME, got me interested in them...and then just appear to bury their head in the sand and ignore you/cut off all contact. The second irony about this is that so many women say they want/value communication/honesty....yet a surprizing amount of women seem not to be able to say what's going on (saying what's going on has got to be a basic part of commication, right??? LOL) and be straight up with someone not just leaving the other person to "guess" from their sudden lack of response .

If there isn't a connection I'm TOTALLY cool with that. While I am a romantic in that I would like to be in love someday, the realist in me says that there is no such thing as a person that is perfect in EVERY aspect that you would want. I do have some key areas in my life where if a person isn't into that, it is extremely unlikely that things could go anywhere. If I do see that there is a difference is I TELL someone that I can't see it going any further....I don't leave them to guess by just ignoring them. I'm not going to pull any punches here...I think that leaving someone hanging/in in the dark is rude, ignorant and immature....especially considering that none of us are in HIGH SCHOOL ANYMORE, LOL!!!

I only have a few (simple) personal principles and the main one is to "treat people as you would like to be treated", so I'm kinda shocked when I don't get that back in return. Again the realist in me knows that there are a lot of people (of both genders) who only think of themselves...just am surprized when so many profiles sound sincere... and then pull that kind of stunt.

I'm the type of person who would rather hear BAD (or not so good news) and at least know some of the reasons behind it, then just be scratching my head going "What the hell happened??" I TRULY believe that you can get find positive information from something essentially negative. So I've asked some people to just SAY what it is that could have possibily turned THEM off....especially when they don't even KNOW me and we've only had brief conversations in TEXT only where a lot of information is lost compared to being face-to-face.

I've made it clear that I wouldn't be offended in the LEAST by them telling me the honest truth. I'm actually a decent/nice guy have said nothing wrong or offensive to anyone (just not in my nature or the way I was brought up), so it occurs to me that sometimes people are jumping to making assumptions about me that are incorrect. Even if the assumption happened to be correct, I can't see how any I might have would be THAT bad that someone couldn't tell me straight up. I actually have RESPECT for people who WILL tell me straight up since that says to me that they have BACKBONE.

The way I see it, if I get negative information from someone (true or untrue, perception or reality), at least if I KNOW about it, I have 3 choices:.

1) If it actually is a not-so-good aspect of me as a person, I can try and change it

2) If somehow people are making incorrect assumptions by the way I phrased something or something I put in my profile, I can make sure what's being said is more clear and can't be taken the wrong way

3) I can AGREE with someone's perspective/observation (maybe something I've never noticed about myself, but am still GLAD that someone pointed it out to me), think about it, and possibly realize that it is really part of who I AM.

In all 3 cases, the key is that I got FEEDBACK from someone so I KNOW the reasons behind someones thinking or at least where they're coming from.

OK, this is getting waaaay to long, but to all the people that pull this kind of thing (and this would apply to everyone, not just women as it in in my case), just have some simple consideration for the other person. The other thing besides consideration is that no one likes having their time wasted.... so why waste other peoples time where the other peson isn't sure whether the "silence" is because you are THAT busy, decided you aren't interested after all, have met someone else, or any number of other reasons. Just take a minute to LET PEOPLE KNOW...where they stand with you. It almost comes down to common courtesy/manners.

OK, I've said my .02 cents...or more if you're going by the word count.

Enough from me.

Be nice to all other fishies out there people.

Dave aka BHG

P.S. I actually hadn't heard from someone in 2 weeks and given my experience with quite a few women, I assumed she wasn't interested and I (very politely and matter-of-factly) said I thought that was the case and that that was cool. It turns oue she really WAS/IS that busy. We still haven't met but because of the same situation hitting me in the face more than a few times, I made an assumption...where it didn't necessarily apply.
 Black_Hockey_Guy
Msg: 15 (view)

June 2nd 2007 Toga Party Hunny’s Bar & Eatery Brampton Ont
Posted: 6/3/2007 1:25:18 AM
I WON A PRIZE!!! Just goes to show ya it pays to put a little effort and get with the theme. Besides it's FUN! How often do ya get to wear a Toga in public!!! So for the ppl who didn't get dress up, ya lost on both counts.

Had a great time, a great spread with the food (which was free if you came dressed BTW), enjoyed the band, did a little dancing and won a tent to boot... All in all a fun night I'd say and thanks for the organizers for putting it together.

Plus I was very appreciattive of the POF pin as it was kinda holding me together, otherwise I might have been flashing someone on the dance floor, LOL

Oh yeah, I wish someone had taken a pic of the waitress feeding me grapes Roman style... that was a classic Kodak moment if there ever was one.

Anyway, thanks again Jeannie & Crew

Dave aka BHG
 Black_Hockey_Guy
Msg: 14 (view)

Posted: 6/2/2007 8:58:55 AM
I'm definitely dressing up...it's not everyday that I get to wear a toga, LOL

I say GO for it!

Cya there!!!

Dave aka BHG
 Black_Hockey_Guy
Msg: 9 (view)

Posted: 5/29/2007 11:27:39 AM
Sounds like a Party....and a Half!

I'm actually not working that night so I'm gonna be there. I'll be the one dressed in white....LMBAO Hopefully, everyone else is gonna dress up too. Ya gotta live it up now and again people and have some fun. Yeah, we all have "responsibilities" but life's all about balance and that doesn't mean ya can't have some fun along the way.

Looking forward to it!

Dave aka BHG
 black_hockey_guy
Msg: 11 (view)

Are we really THAT bored ?!?!?!?!?
Posted: 4/26/2007 6:56:42 PM
Pretty sad at what passes for entertainment, LOL...not gonna catch me watching...LOL

Dave aka BHG
 black_hockey_guy
Msg: 3 (view)

~ Steven Hawking will experience 'Bliss'! ~
Posted: 4/26/2007 6:51:32 PM
Didn't Steven Hawking have an abusive caregiver (wife??) or something??

Whatever happened with that or am I thinking of someone else??

Dave aka BHG
 black_hockey_guy

KINGSTON POF 1st CAMPING WEEKEND OF 2007 IN DELTA
Posted: 4/26/2007 6:47:18 PM
Hmmm...might be a possibility...I'll keep it in mind.

Dave aka BHG
 black_hockey_guy
Msg: 23 (view)

My POF theory
Posted: 4/26/2007 6:43:58 PM
I'm not out to collect the most by any means (nor do I care). But as far as me adding favourites that I haven't contacted (yet), it's more a way of bookmarking their profile because something about it intrigues me and I want to have a way of find them again especially if I'm working (or should be working, LOL) and don't have the time to send a proper email or something.

Also, if they add me to their favourites as well, then I know they are intrigued as well. So I actually think it's a GREAT feature and certainly not something to lose sleep or need therapy over. LOL.

The other thing is that I only go out with one fish at a time..and it's a big ocean with many awesome fishies...just looking for the one that's right for me. Doing the single cast method, myself, rather than "trawling", yet realize there are many species out there that are, at the very least, worth knowing something about...

Just my 2 cents...

Dave aka BHG
 black_hockey_guy

Mommy's are damaged goods....
Posted: 4/26/2007 6:20:57 PM
I'm just kinda shocked that anyone has ever thought or said "Mommy's are damaged goods". I have a lot of respect for what single Mom's go through and bringing a little person into this world is a HUGE responsibility and accomplishment. If U think about it, there's nothing really more important as it's literally about LIFE, IMO. The only ppl I could see equting Mom's with "damaged goods" are guys who don't want children (which is fine in and of itself) but more to the point, do not LIKE children (which is sad).

I've certainly never thought that way myself. I seem to attract quite a lot of single women and I have no problem with it cuz I genuinely enjoy kids. Kinda the only stumbling block for me is that (ideally) assuming I met the right person, they'd be open to having a child together.

Either U like kids or U don't I guess (which is one reason the "Prefer not to say option kinda baffles me . ) but at least have respect for those that do as they are far from "damaged"....quite the opposite as it can be tough enough raising a kid when there are 2 parents.

Actually, now that i think about it, I'd consider all the absentee fathers who didn't step up to the plate and take responsibility for their part (single Moms don't happne on their own) are the REAL damaged goods (which again, is pretty sad).

Some twisted Logic IMO....

Dave aka BHG
 black_hockey_guy
Msg: 30 (view)

Easter Party in Hamilton on Friday April 6th 2007 @Liquid Lounge
Posted: 3/26/2007 5:32:44 AM
Intriguing....going to see if another POF'er will go with me once she gets back from vacation...

Definitely would like to check it out...so we'll see.
 black_hockey_guy
Msg: 80 (view)

WHIRLYBALL - FUN IN BUMPER CARS - FRI MAR 9 - TORONTO
Posted: 3/9/2007 5:15:33 AM
The countdown begins...looking forward to it....Whooo hooooo!

Dave aka BHG
 black_hockey_guy
Msg: 18 (view)

I have a question regarding Airline Pilots and dating
Posted: 2/28/2007 5:02:24 PM
I nearly busted a gut laughing (at myself) cuz I usually just give kind of a glance over the forum topics (when the page first loads) to see if there is anything interesting....

Somehow I thought the OP's topic was "a question about AUTO pilots and dating" LOL Mile High Club Material??? LMBAO...I need to get more sleep...my brain is fried. LOL

Dave aka BHG

P.S. Those definitely wouldn't be cheap dates, that's for sure, even with Air Miles...LOL
 black_hockey_guy
Msg: 47 (view)

WHIRLYBALL - FUN IN BUMPER CARS - FRI MAR 9 - TORONTO
Posted: 2/26/2007 5:16:42 AM
Sounds like you're already at capacity...but if you could put me on the "standby list" if someone can't make it.

Let Me know,

Thanks,

Dave aka BHG
 black_hockey_guy
Msg: 7 (view)

Florida Ppl to get to Party with strictly as Friends once a year.
Posted: 1/7/2007 8:27:12 AM
I can't say thanks enough for all the input from everyone.

More is still welcome as I should be back every year at this time (2nd week of January) and would want to check out other places. So I'm making notes about what everyone is saying and am compiling a file that I will keep adding to.

I'm also wondering what kind of touristy attractions might be worth checking out. We'll only have a few hours in the afternoon for that but it'd be good if we could check out 1 or 2 places. The other thing is that a friend who is going with me might possible get a tatoo at Miami Ink. Could someone also tell what the address is for that and what general area of town that's in??

Thanks again, Ppl

Dave aka BHG
 black_hockey_guy

Posted: 1/6/2007 11:55:34 AM
Awesome Ppl, U guys rock

This is exactly the type of stuff I was looking for including negative things to just be aware of.

Any large city has areas U have to be careful in but really only the people who live there know about it and someone just coming in for the first time or two hasn't a clue...which would be me, LOL

I purposely was holding off booking the hotel until this Monday hoping I would get some input from ppl.

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome...

Thanks so much....

Dave aka BHG
 black_hockey_guy

Posted: 1/5/2007 9:47:11 PM
Only had one person reply so far....

Is there...

a) No one in Florida
b) No Nightlife in Miami
c) No one that likes to dance/party in Florida
d) No one that could be bothered possibly making a new friend
e) No one that could be bothered helping someone get to know their city
f) All of the above

Which is it, LOL?

If I can I'd like to check out a few sights around town in the afternoon but I don't have a clue about Miami.

Need some help here ppl!!!! any input (even what section of town to go to) would be appreciated.

Dave
 black_hockey_guy
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 1/3/2007 11:59:07 AM
Hi Ppl,

My name is Dave & I'm in Ontario Canada but I'm coming down for a Convention/Cruise out of Miami.

After the cruise is done I will be staying an extra night (Sat, Jan 20, 07) in Miami so I am looking to find some good bars/clubs to go to (and local ppl who would come out and party with as well).

I LOVE to dance so I'm looking for Clubs that play CURRENT Top 40, Hip Hop, Rap, R & B & Dance, ---the clubs I enjoy most play a mixture of all of the above.

I'm NOT looking to hook up with anybody, just would like to get to know some LIKE-MINDED ppl who would go out/know good places to go as I likely will be attending this Convention every year in early January.

I was in Miami a couple of years ago (solo) and had no clue where to go or even what general area of the city is more of a nightclub district.

In the future, I might also go to Tampa Bay either B4 or after the cruise so I would eventually like to get to know some ppl there as well.

Looking forward to any input and hopefully making a few new friends.

Cheers,

Dave aka Black_Hockey_Guy

P.S. Sorry for the caps but I wasn't sure how to "bold" certain words on here
 black_hockey_guy
Msg: 58 (view)

POF Halloween Party Friday October 27th @ Club 54 Burlington, Ontario
Posted: 10/27/2006 3:51:08 PM
Have to go to a friends Convocation Party first but hoping to make it there for the last hour or so....better than nothing especially since it's always a good time when it's a POF party at Club 54!

I'm taking a costume with me so hopefully I'll make it there at some point.

Cheers, Ppl

Dave aka BHG
 black_hockey_guy
Msg: 94 (view)

Do men and women use dating sites differently?
Posted: 10/19/2006 4:50:32 AM
Hey Mikey;

I don't have the time to go digging through textbooks & get the exact per centage but something close to 90 PER CENT of Communication is in Body Language, Inflection and Eye Contact.

So for every 10 hours spent chatting on-line, you probably could have learned as much about the person in ONE hour of meeting face to face. I essentially have two jobs so I'd opt to spend approximately one tenth the time to learn the same information.

On-line chat (especially if there is distance involved) and profiles are great to see if you have some similar interests and attitudes. However, just like you can have a team that looks good "on paper", it still doesn't necessarily mean the "chemistry" is there. And (in person again) it literally can be "chemistry" since pheromones (chemicals given off by each particular person), also play a part.

So on-line chat will never come close to replacing face to face contact and I've had situations where we've emailed back and forth for months, finally met...and found that connection wasn't there in person.

Bottom line is that "first meeting" in person has more impact than endless email tag...

Just my opinion, but it does have a scientific basis to it.

Dave aka BHG
 black_hockey_guy
Msg: 4 (view)

I Have Trouble Calibrating my Confidence...
Posted: 10/12/2006 1:48:53 PM
Confidence has to be CALIBRATED?? I musta missed that day in school. Is that in Metric or Imperial...??? (I'm in Canada, eh)

Just joking , I know this is a serious post...I was just in a funny mood and the subject line struck me as that...

Keep your head up and keep plugging is all I can say ...

Cheers,

Dave aka BHG
 black_hockey_guy
Msg: 61 (view)

Do men and women use dating sites differently?
Posted: 10/12/2006 5:15:10 AM
For many (both men and women), dating seems to be a sport, which I don't get.

Some men are mainly looking for sex and some women seem to be looking/expecting to be wined and dined without the other person (guy) knowing if there is a connection, lots of common ground or even physical attraction (in the case of profiles with no pic).

"Some" is of course a generalization, but when it happens a lot it makes one wonder.

I consider the first meeting as just that...a "first meeting" to see if there is enough common ground for an actual date. Besides that I am not looking to be "dating" for the sake of "dating", I'm only going to date ppl where there could be the possiblity of it developing into a full relationship, so (especially because my time is extremely limited), I only go out with women I see possible potential with and that I'm genuinely interested in. Ultimately, isn't that what we all want ---a full relationship??

If anyone isn't looking for a full relationship (at least where they've stated that they're looking for an LTR), then they are just playing games and once again it applies to both men and women.

Just my opinion...I know I don't want to be dating forever...

Dave aka BHG
 black_hockey_guy
Msg: 47 (view)

both surnames when your married?
Posted: 10/11/2006 4:40:48 PM
My Mom probably wouldn't be to happy about it, but if it meant that much to my partner, I think I'd rather take her last name and give up my own surname, then have hyphenated ones. Especially, (as has been pointed out) how confusing it would get with children eventually marrying.

If two ppl both have hyphenated last names and they get married...then we're potentially talking 4 last names as a surname....and then any of their kids getting married and having kids....could get really cumbersome

Just my $0.02 but then again, I like to "Keep It Simple Stupid"

Dave aka BHG
 black_hockey_guy
Msg: 40 (view)

Kitchener/Waterloo and Area POF PARTY FALL BIRTHDAY BASH ! ! ! Sept 30th
Posted: 10/1/2006 10:21:02 AM
The line shoulda been..

"Good to see there are other people that think just cuz ya hit 30 ya don't have to stop dancing.... "

Happy B-Day William

Dave aka BHG
 black_hockey_guy
Msg: 39 (view)

Kitchener/Waterloo and Area POF PARTY FALL BIRTHDAY BASH ! ! ! Sept 30th
Posted: 10/1/2006 10:18:44 AM
One Serious Dude...much respect to Jamie who flew in from Nova Scotia for the event, that's one dude who's doing some serious fishing and one hell of a road trip, LOL.

Had a great time even tho' I had to leave in the middle of it to (what else) play hockey.

Good to see there are think just cuz ya hit 30 ya have to stop dancing....

Looking forward to more events if I can make it (and maybe be able to stay the whole night, LOL)

Thanks to the organizer's

Dave aka BHG
 black_hockey_guy
Msg: 36 (view)

POF Camping Party Event - Aug 18th, 19th & 20th in Port Burwell
Posted: 8/17/2006 5:50:14 AM
OK, I looked at things and figured out that it wouldn't be worthwhile for me to come this weekend as I'd have to leave for about 14 hours Saturday (work) so really it'd only be for the Friday. Instead I'm going to come the Labour Day weekend.

I'm definitely interested in getting to know other POF'ers who go to Country Camping (I understand there are some ppl that got Season's passes). I've always had a blast at Country Camping....the only reason I haven't been going the last few years is that I can't get anybody else to go.

So I'd like to know some who do go so that I can add you to my favourites so that even if I'm coming solo, I can arrange to meet up and be part of a group of ppl.

So if some of you ppl would let me know who you are B4 this thread expires once the date is passed.

Have an awesome time, hope to hear from some of you and see you the Labour Day weekend.

Cheers,

Dave aka BHG
 black_hockey_guy
Msg: 36 (view)

>>> JULY 21ST PRE GUINNESS KICK OFF PARTY PHILTHY MCNASTY'S -BURLINGTON<<<
Posted: 7/21/2006 4:02:35 PM
Just need some clarification...for the Friday...it's just a regular party night, right??

If it's speed dating as well Friday, sorry I'll pass as I think finding someone to have a relationship with can't be done in 3 minutes or whatever and whoever that person may be is certainly worth more of my time than that. Actually, I can't think of any major decision that would have some impact on my life that I would only spend 3 minutes on.

If it's a regular party on just the Friday, I'm there ... as I've had good times at some of the Philthy's Hamilton parties....good tunes and lots of dancing.

So if someone could respond and let me know that it's pretty much going to be a regular bar night on just the Friday.

Thanks in advance

Dave aka BHG
 black_hockey_guy
Msg: 11 (view)

Does this sound like anyone else out there...????
Posted: 4/21/2006 4:33:06 AM
There was a CSI episode where they mentionned something about "Cuddle Parties" where ppl get together in a group and just cuddle...with no sex. Usually what they say on the show is at least loosely based on fact so it would appear that this is happening in Las Vegas.

Anyone from there that can verify this??
 black_hockey_guy
Msg: 58 (view)

GUELPH POOL NIGHT *** Sunday, April 9th
Posted: 4/5/2006 5:55:42 AM
Kilts??? I didn't realize this was a FORMAL event, LOL...anyway got someone to cover for me so I'll be there.

Cheers,

Dave aka BHG
 black_hockey_guy

Can you be too good?
Posted: 4/3/2006 5:13:38 PM
To answer the OP'S question indirectly and point out that it works both ways....my last serious relationship, about a month into it she broke up with me because I was treating her so well. She had been in abusive relationships B4 and because I was treating her with class and respect ---there had to be something WRONG, (LOL). I pointed out that that's the way she should be treated all the time. We did get back together and were together for about a year and a half. Ultimately, both directly and indirectly, because of the abuse it couldn't have gone long term so we split (amicably) but I wouldn't be surprized if she went back to some kind of abusive relationship, even her former husband who had threatened her life and mine. (N.B. Her and her husband had been seperated for a year B4 we met and it was her that was chasing me, otherwise we wouldn't have met)

Another thing that comes to mind is when, at one of the clubs I used to DJ at, the staff used to hang out after closing and some of staff (mainly girls) were having a serious discussion about guys and one of the girls actually said, she'd "rather have a bad boy that she could 'fix' than someone who was nice guy to begin with"

I often hear about (or see) girls who are with guys that treat 'em like crap...so yeah, in a sense you can be too nice. There seems to be some kind of reverse (perverse??) logic that if someone is treating you right....there's gotta be something WRONG or that "nice = boring"

However, ya gotta be who ya are so my advice to the OP is to stay true to yourself...eventually somebody, somewhere will find the jewel within...

Dave aka BHG
 black_hockey_guy
Msg: 200 (view)

Relationships and Strip Clubs
Posted: 4/1/2006 9:06:11 AM
At the times in my life where Ive been single, personally I've never gone to them much unless it's the odd time (like once in 4 years, LOL) for a Stag or something.

If my partner wanted to go, I wouldn't have a problem with it cause if you don't have trust in a relationship...ya really don't have too much of a relationship.

Overall, tho' my thinking is, if you're in a relationship besides everything else, your partner should turn you on physically, so why would you even need to be "window shopping" or whatever...don't really see the point myself....

Just my .02 cents..

Dave aka BHG
 black_hockey_guy
Msg: 19 (view)

GUELPH POOL NIGHT *** Sunday, April 9th
Posted: 3/30/2006 5:17:58 AM
I normally play hockey Sunday night but I might see if I can get someone to fill in for me that night. (Sunday nights I play goal and we've already started summer hockey)

I'll let U guys know closer to the actual date.

Cheers,

Dave aka BHG

Show ALL Forums