Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: grass fed beef
 dirsup
Msg: 2 (view)

grass fed beef
Posted: 4/13/2010 7:48:34 AM
If I were you I would contact a butcher that works with both grain fed AND grass fed
beef. There are lots of them. I live in extreme NE MT., 14 miles from the Canadian border and most of the thousands of cattle in this area are usually fed grass and not
getting grain until they go to the "fattening" lots before they go to the slaughter.
Most of the real good farm/ranch beef up here is grass fed.
Talking about cold, it is not uncommon for it to get to -40 to -55 here in the winder and
that is without the wind chill. Most of the ranchers here ship their cattle to "feed lots"
starting as soon as Oct and are invariably done shipping by thanksgiving.
 dirsup
Msg: 3 (view)

Cooking Forums
Posted: 4/12/2010 11:34:08 AM
Could somebody tell me why they took the "Forums" page off the regular menu?
I pasted and saved the page also. I even sent POF a note on this and as usual they
were/are just too busy to answer.
I love this forum. I just mostly get to cook for myself and my 2 Boston Terriers, but
I will say this .. Gizmo and Raleigh eat VERY well!
Thanks to all the people over the years who have provided me with great meal ideas and help.
Getting specific food(s) up here on the Canadian border in NE MT. is not easy.
If you wanted to go to a town that had both a Walmart AND a McDonalds in the same zip code you would have to drive over 135 miles.
Scobey MT.
 dirsup
Msg: 9 (view)

Yummy Shakes/mixes
Posted: 3/22/2010 3:46:43 PM
I just know somebody on this forum has got to know where to get
REAL malt for malted milk shakes. Not that Carnation stuff or it's
ilk. The old timer stuff with the real malt taste.
Please help!
 dirsup
Msg: 1 (view)

64 on 12/12
Posted: 11/30/2009 4:32:27 AM
My problem, so to speak is that I live in such a rural community (up 14 miles from the
Canadian border in NE MT that the picking as so minimal. This is VERY rural and
getting women even interested in talking seems to be a problem. If a person wanted to go to a town with both a McDonald' and a Walmart you would have to travel a minimum of 135 miles. Oh yeah, there is that little problem that is sometimes get to be -35 without any wind chill.The Canadian women seem to put in their profiles "must be in Canada". I probably live closer to them than most men in Canada.
I am never married, no kids and 2 Boston Terriers. Retired US Navy. Most people think
that a bit strange, but there was a reason at one time.
Should I still be looking or is it time to just move into the "barn"
 dirsup
Msg: 15 (view)

Do you cook for your dogs?
Posted: 9/14/2009 11:06:09 AM
I am pretty sure I am only here to cater to my two Boston Terriers whims. They have lots. I am a busy boy. I quite literally cook for these dogs dailey. Sometimes they get leftovers, but usually it is cooked for them. They also were rescued and had a hard life before me. Spoiled is an understatement. I had a third but the old guy passed a while back. They were all rescued but now I am not sure if I was the "rescuer" or the "rescuee". I think the latter.
 dirsup
Msg: 5 (view)

Living right on the border
Posted: 6/28/2009 1:44:25 PM
So far there are have 6 actual responses or statements but there have been 184 "looks".
Nobody has an opinion??
Thanks,
 dirsup
Msg: 9 (view)

Salt and Vinegar Peanuts
Posted: 5/28/2009 8:58:59 PM
OK, I have never even thought of this before, but comma, use any of the above recipies but use a slow cooker, and the then possibly if you have a "foodsaver" put the ingredients in a vessel (either a vessel or a bag) and marinate them them for a period of time.
It might work, I dont know, but I use my foodsaver all the time and it works extremely well for marinating porous or semi-porous foods.
 dirsup
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 5/14/2009 6:26:48 AM
While I agree the "border crossing experience" does seem to be getting harder to accomplish the trouble might be worth it. What I meant in the original post was that both men and women who live in the south of Saskatchewan a chance meeting with a person who only lives 50-150 miles from you and is WILLING to travel will most likely get a meet quicker than somebody who restricts there search to Canada only. How many people are going to travel to SK from PEI or NS, or even BC? In the part of the world where we reside distances are not usually the first reason to saying no to a meeting.
 dirsup

Posted: 5/12/2009 8:02:23 AM
I might add something here ..
There are quite a few males of
varying ages who are single and
looking right in this area. 21 - 80
and I am not kiddin'.
 dirsup

Posted: 5/9/2009 1:54:18 PM
I am rather perplexed about something that I see on more than a fewfemale profiles.
An awful lot of women put a restriction on "must live in Canada".
I live 14 miles (and at one time lived 450 yards) from the border in North East Montana
(Scobey). I probably live closer to most the the female profilers from Saskatchewan than most of their possible respondents.
Is there something wrong with men from Montana?
 dirsup

Chipped beef
Posted: 3/1/2009 10:29:31 AM
Has anybody got any recipies for making chipped beef? I buy that Stouffer's and it is not so bad but I am looking for something different. I spent 26 years in the navy and that kind of SOS just doesnt cut it.
 dirsup
Msg: 43 (view)

Best Pizza Place in Your Hometown
Posted: 2/20/2009 9:46:39 AM
Best in Billings Montana is a little delivery only place called "Chicago Pizza". This is not the chain "Chicago Pizza" place on the west end. They have great Chicago style deep dish.
 dirsup
Msg: 40 (view)

Mexican Food in the Southwest & Mexico
Posted: 9/22/2008 3:01:14 PM
Far and away should you get to San Diego (actually in Imprerial Beach) is a little "hole in the wall" called Jalisco's. Left side of the road going to Coronado (Palm Ave). Absolutely the best Pork Chile Verde ever .. people used to stand in the rain (I know, it never rains in Southern California) to get a booth. Try it .. Yummy!!
 dirsup

girls and women
Posted: 9/20/2008 2:06:43 PM
I am not sure where I got this, I didnt write it, or even edit this, but I believe it.

Girls want to control the man in their life.
Grown women know that if he's truly hers, he doesn't need controlling.

Girls check you for not calling them.
Grown women are too busy to realize you hadn't.

Girls are afraid to be alone.
Grown women revel in it using it as a time for personal growth.

Girls ignore the good guys.
Grown women ignore the bad guys.

Girls make you come home.
Grown women make you want to come home.

Girls leave their schedule wide-open and wait for a guy to call and
make plans.
Grown women make their own plans and nicely tell the guy to get in
where he fits.

Girls worry about not being pretty and/or good enough for their man.
Grown women know that they are pretty and/or good enough for any man.

Girls try to monopolize all their man's time (I.e., don't want him
hanging with his friends).
Grown women realize that a lil' bit of space makes the 'together time'
even more special-and goes to kick it with her own friends.

Girls think a guy crying is weak.
Grown women offer their shoulder and a tissue.

Girls want to be spoiled and 'tell' their man so.
Grown women 'show' him and make him comfortable enough to reciprocate
without fear of losing his 'manhood'.

Girls get hurt by one man and make all men pay for it.
Grown women know that was just one man.

Girls fall in love and chase aimlessly after the object of their
affection, ignoring all 'signs'.
Grown women know that sometimes the one you love, don't always love
you back-and move on, without bitterness.

Girls will read this and get an attitude.
Grown women will read this and pass it on to other Grown women and
their male friends. "
 dirsup

Good Places to eat, and good places to take a date
Posted: 9/20/2008 8:19:46 AM
Harry, I agree with you .. The REX is an eating experience. That place by Gianans florist is "Georges" and I think you mean Juliano's up north by the hospital. All fine places to be sure. I am a little biased by the Rex though as I worked there for some time back in the 90's. If you are looking for the best chicken in Billings go to TINY's.
They have a buffet on monday nights, all you can eat chicken, with all the fixin's.
Great deal for the price.
 dirsup
Msg: 26 (view)

Something Nice for the Average Women on PoF:yay:
Posted: 9/20/2008 8:12:45 AM
I am not sure where I got this, I didnt write it, or even edit this but I believe it.
Girls want to control the man in their life.
Grown women know that if he's truly hers, he doesn't need controlling.

Girls check you for not calling them.
Grown women are too busy to realize you hadn't.

Girls are afraid to be alone.
Grown women revel in it using it as a time for personal growth.

Girls ignore the good guys.
Grown women ignore the bad guys.

Girls make you come home.
Grown women make you want to come home.

Girls leave their schedule wide-open and wait for a guy to call and
make plans.
Grown women make their own plans and nicely tell the guy to get in
where he fits.

Girls worry about not being pretty and/or good enough for their man.
Grown women know that they are pretty and/or good enough for any man.

Girls try to monopolize all their man's time (I.e., don't want him
hanging with his friends).
Grown women realize that a lil' bit of space makes the 'together time'
even more special-and goes to kick it with her own friends.

Girls think a guy crying is weak.
Grown women offer their shoulder and a tissue.

Girls want to be spoiled and 'tell' their man so.
Grown women 'show' him and make him comfortable enough to reciprocate
without fear of losing his 'manhood'.

Girls get hurt by one man and make all men pay for it.
Grown women know that was just one man.

Girls fall in love and chase aimlessly after the object of their
affection, ignoring all 'signs'.
Grown women know that sometimes the one you love, don't always love
you back-and move on, without bitterness.

Girls will read this and get an attitude.
Grown women will read this and pass it on to other Grown women and
their male friends. "
 dirsup

Better Than Sex Cake...HELP
Posted: 8/7/2008 7:22:52 AM
I just googled "better than sex cake" and several entries came up. Very simple.
 dirsup
Msg: 19 (view)

Sleeping with a dog (canine)
Posted: 7/29/2008 9:38:47 PM
I am 62, straight, never married and retired from the US Navy. I live with 2 Boston Terriers that I rescued years ago. I had a third, but the old guy passed over the "rainbow bridge' A couple of years ago at 14. These dogs are MY life. UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.. I cant say I ever received that from any woman. 2 things I have learned, your shipmates and your pets, they never forget. They eat better and live better than most people. I have come to the point that I can probably do without a woman, but I have these boys. Most of you have kids that you would do anything for, I have these guys. I am sorry, that is just the way it is.
 dirsup
Msg: 103 (view)

Wally-Mart SUX
Posted: 7/25/2008 10:54:25 AM
Walmart is not a local entity for me, as a matter of fact if you wanted to go to a town that had both a Walmart AND a McDonald's in the same zip code you would have to either travel 130 miles to Williston North Dakota or go international and go to Regina SK which is approximately the same distance. Groceries in this very small town in NE Montana are outrageous. How about over $5 for a gallon of vitamin D whole milk.
So if I happen to be going to either of these two places I am dammed sure going to stop in and buy groceries. But gas being what it is here ($4.29 for regular) it negates the savings you would make in the cheap food.
 dirsup
Msg: 24 (view)

Why is McCain getting $58,000 a year in disability income?
Posted: 7/13/2008 8:54:02 PM
I just read all 4 pages of response to this and I have a couple of things to say.
1. Not many of you are getting a VA disability. I am (50%). This is different than SSI, I guarantee it. I have more holes in my body now than I was born with (I can guarntee that also). Did I volunteer for that? I might not have been a POW but if you have never gone through military service.. OH come on. How the hell would you be able to comprehend. Somebody made a remark about McCain starting the fire on the Forrestal. Absolutely NOT TRUE .. His was the plane that got hit by the errant sidewinder missle. He barely escaped with his life.
2. Yes, I am retired military (26 years). When I started I was getting 48 cents an hour but as the chief told me "son, dont forget you are getting paid 24 hours a day". ($11.52 a day). "retaimer pay (paid when you did not have 30 years and they could actually call your ass back" and now retired pay are pretty pretty frightening now when gas and food are eating retired pay up. A fixed income is a terrible thing to have to contend with.
3. All military retirement, VA disability, Social Security is tired directly to the CPI and that is how entitlement payments are deduced every year. People who get these stipends are doomed to the whim of the controlling congress. If early predictions are correct the 2009 payments will be 2.9% while cost of living expenses have gone up
expotenitally higher than that.
4. Sure McCaint might have some cash, but I guarntee he earned his money and I and thousands of my fellow service members earned theirs. Give us a break.
 dirsup

asian girl who has never dated or had a asian bf before
Posted: 6/29/2008 7:27:50 PM
OK, I am a white old guy, but I was not always that way (I have always been white, but not necessarilyu old). I am retired from the US Navy and did over 17 years of my 26 in Asia. Back in MY day, wherever you were stationed (Japan, PI, Guam, et al, I have been stationed in all of them) the locals ladies were looking for a way OUT and I dont blame them. They would marry a sailor quicker than you could count to 10. Just to geet out. Times and social mores have changed, these ladies now have evolved. They are better educated, way more adept at the "western" life style. I dont care if they were born in Asia, the majority of these girls have an idea of the asian male from their background and evidently think they might be better off with a caucasian. Probably not the correct assumption, but that is what they grew up with.
Just my opinion.
Thank you,
Bill
 dirsup
Msg: 16 (view)

Chicken Fried Steak
Posted: 6/18/2008 2:00:16 PM
American Rover .. I am sure this is the same stuff .. they have Pioneer gravy mix at almost every Walmart food store I have ever been in .. Very good, IF it is going to not have been made from scratch ..
 dirsup
Msg: 19 (view)

Does anyone watch Top Chef?
Posted: 5/28/2008 8:22:45 AM
I love TC and Hell's Kitchen. I agree that there are no real memorable characters this year. I think TC is a little too gourmet for a lot of people. I dont understand a lot of the terms they use in converestation. I read the blogs on Bravo and although it is about TC I guess this could be for HK also. A lot of people talk about these cooks swearing incessantly. I dont mind, hell I am retired from the US Navy and have heard LOTS of bad words (there is an unstubstantiated rumor that I might have even invented some of them) but I think the production people kind of encourage it for effect.
As for this year, I think Richard and Antonia probably will be there in the end.
 dirsup

Seventeen kids and one on the way! Happy Mother's Day!
Posted: 5/10/2008 11:11:50 AM
I live right up on the Canadian border in NorthEast Montana. When I was growing up we had this family here that had 23 yes 23 kids (only one set of twins). They had no homelife so to speak because every kid went to work very early and then, and then, the father waited for and expected every one of them to hand over the entire pay check. Oh, did I mention, Welfare paid for all of this.
 dirsup
Msg: 5 (view)

Pizza man shooting would-be robber is good example
Posted: 4/3/2008 1:55:44 PM
If Pizza man had a permit to carry the weapon I applaud him for it.
I am retired military and law enforcement and I carry a .40 Glock 27
with me almost everywhere. What good is the weapon if it is home,
unloaded in a drawer. What is the assailant or a potential victim going to do,
wait for you to go home and get it so you can shoot him?
One thing here though, if you have a weapon and you pull it out,
you better be dammed well ready to use it or the bad guy might take
it away from you and use it on YOU.
 dirsup

Pressure Cookers
Posted: 1/30/2008 9:14:46 AM
I love pressure cookers and use mine all the time. I actually have 3, 1 small and 2 larger models. I have a question that somebody might be able to help me with...
Does anyone know of a P.C. that you can actually pressure fry chicken in. Every model I have seen says NOT to do that. I am not sure why but I tend to believe them. I keep seeing these newer (although mine are new, they are the on-stove type) electronic models and have queried QVC et al on this. They still say NO. Any ideas?
 dirsup
Msg: 395 (view)

Liking asian girls
Posted: 1/24/2008 12:53:00 PM
I have lots of experience with Asian women. Not as much as I would have like to have had but that is the way it is. I spent over 25 years in the US Navy and 19 of those years were in Asia. It seems that if you can name an Asian country where the American navy was stationed, I was there between 1964 and 1987. As a youngster, Asia was to me as it was to most young men .. Exotic and Erotic. It took me a while to figure it all out. Asian women (in Asia) had that quality that they had been born with, submissiveness. I am sure that is one thing the American GI found inticing. Secondly, as they say in Tagalog MAGANDA , these women are absolutely stunning. At one time, by some survey or poll that was done 7 of the 10 most beautiful women in the WORLD lived in Asia and in particular the Philippines. Another thing was most Asian women were not Victorian or prudish about sex like the girls "back home" were. Sure, there might have been that small niche group who were looking for a trip to the US, but most of those girls just wanted what all women (and men) want; TO BE WANTED! I saw the same thing in Europe. Then I saw the bad side back in the states when the navy finally said it was time for me to come "home". These women married up sailors, airmen, army and marines and took off for a whole new life in a completely different environment and without any family support they just moved because the husband did. When "he" came home and did not necessarily need that "company" that he was used to while he was deployed he just dumped his little Asian woman for the girl back home. Then they really had nothing. no husband, no support, no family .. I have to give it to them, most of them made the best out of a crappy situation.
I have never been married to anybody (let alone an Asian) but I understand where they are coming from and I applaud them.
 dirsup
Msg: 15 (view)

DATING IN SASKATCHEWAN
Posted: 1/3/2008 9:04:12 AM
Most of whatever has been said in this thread is true as far as the distance and the rurality (is that a word?).
More and more females in Canada and in Saskatchewan in particular seem to have
a common denominator in their requirements. An awful lot of them say "Live in
Canada" before a person can initiate communication with them. I live 14 miles south of the border in Scobey Montana. I live closer to most of the women than the guys in Canada yet I am not allowed to play.
To paraphrase a well known advertisement on CKRM .. only in Canada, PITY!.
I know there is a snowmobile advertisement that has that exact line in it, but the girl with the glasses ad started it as Regina.
Bill
 dirsup

I am going through the Forums and ...
Posted: 12/22/2007 12:38:50 PM
I am still not getting any happiness with this .. This only happens on the forums when there is a picture .. Most of them come up, but then those that dont .. I know I am hitting the correct buttons. Any new ideas? Please.
 dirsup
Msg: 20 (view)

Tis the Season to be Jolly........or is it?
Posted: 12/21/2007 8:01:29 PM
I thought I would never say this publically, but comma ....
Christmas especially, but most holidays have come and gone for me. I was in the military for 26 years. I remember being single and that we had to stand the "duty" for married guys so they could go home to their wives and kids. This also stood for inclement weather, or any other deal the married guys could think of.There was never a reciprocal deal, where the single guys got off on the non "family" holidays". This happened to literlly thousands of us, senior or junior for years. There used to be an old adage in the military that "if the DOD wanted you to have a wife, they would have issued you one". After I got to be senior and was stationed in Japan (1st time) the standard joke was that the married guys used to say "Our wives and kids are here in Japan, but our "loved" one are in the Philipines> And It WAS true. Even after I got senior enough not to have to stand the "duty" I was always asked to stand the duty so guys could go home. I have been retired over 20 years and I still have a guy that owes me 9 mid watches. When I retired and went to work for federal law enforcement, I was still single .. got the same deal .. Bitter taste, I wonder why?
This is not a rant, but there is also an old adage that "you cant teach an old sailor new tricks. I never got to where I could do Chistmas again. Maybe if I had somebody or something to believe in other than my dogs.
 dirsup
Msg: 4 (view)

Home Alone For the
Posted: 12/18/2007 8:10:01 PM
I know something about this.. or at least I think I do ..
I was in the US Navy for over 25 years, on the holidays all the married guys got to go home to the family. The single guys, paygrade notwhitanding, got to stay and "stand the duty". It was kind of the reverse of "if the military had wanted you to have a wife, they would have issued you one". Even when I was senior, and did not have to stand the "duty", somebody would call and stay .. could you stand in for me.. I had no place to go, so I said YES. Then I retired, went to work for the Feds in law enforcement, and got entangled in the same scenario. You are single, let the married guys go home.
This ruined holidays for me. I have not been envolved in an "actual" Christmas in over 30 years. The holidays mean nothing .. I still buy stuff for kids, and family but the actual holiday means absoutely nothing. I wish I could do something about that, but ...
 dirsup

I am going through the Forums and ...
Posted: 12/8/2007 11:46:16 AM
I want to look at the profile of a poster. It shows an icon for "view profile" but when I do all I get is past posts by this person. What is the deal with that?
 dirsup
Msg: 34 (view)

Pretty people get overlooked too you know.
Posted: 11/27/2007 9:15:55 PM
With the possible exception of one woman (who was a total, well you know what the word is) every woman here understands. I am almost 62, I live up on the Canadian border where there are absolutely no women my age that look like the OP or any of the ladies who have responded. These ladies (including the one I have singled out) are all great looking women. Great looking females who are now considered "Cougars" should rejoice in the fact that they still have "what it takes" to turn not only my head but everybodies head. I dont care if you are 18 or 88, if you got what it takes, go for it.
I LOVES YA!
 dirsup
Msg: 10 (view)

Wow, Canada steps up and does the right thing for a change!
Posted: 11/17/2007 10:12:45 AM
The Canadian military is doing an outstanding job. They bleed and die just as every soldier from every country in every war has for thousands of years.
As for the "coward" statement. That is absolute B.S. I live within 14 miles of the Canadian border in NE Montana and when I was a kid on the farm I lived within 450 yards of the non-existant fence line. Hell, I thought I was a Canadian and sometimes I still do. I then went away, so to speak, to the military where I stayed for 25 years and I served with several Canadians who were in the same business as I. True Professionals.
Now to get to the original point of this thread... The Canadian government made a decision that I wish they had made back in the late 1960's. While there was not much if any Canadian direct involvement in the Viet Nam conflict (I did 4 tours
in-country and it was never a declared war) they now have fighting, bleeding and dying personnel in this latest undeclared debacle and must support their troops as all people in the US should be supporting ours. I have lots to say on this, however this thread about the Canadians throwing these little chicken s**ts out is not the place.
 dirsup
Msg: 41 (view)

Would you go out with a guy in the Army?
Posted: 11/8/2007 10:33:31 AM
I was in the US Navy for over 25 years and spent most of it "deployed". I have never been married and have been asked oh so many times why not. Here is the reason ..
I was in a NEC/MOS/AFSC which kept me away from my particular home port or station most of the time. I firmly believe in marriage but not if we are not going to be together. I once did a tour in GUAM. I got there on a friday, deployed for what was to be a 40 day trip the very next monday. I was gone for 13 months and 4 days. (15 month tour). What I guess was omitted was the fact that "the skipper and Gilligan" were in charge of this little trip. How would any woman feel if your husband was supposed to be on a "shore tour" and disappeared? There used to be a common joke around Yokosuka Japan (I was there 6 years) that the married guys wives were in Yoko and their "loved ones" were in the Philipines. There is an awful lot of adultry on both sides of the military marriage. Being a military wife is a very hard job. Patience and TRUST are very big in this union.
To the point of the question though. If I was a woman, yes I would date a military man. This is an honorable profession. As I am a male, I love women who as one previous poster (Saskass) made a statement UNDERSTAND. It is so nice to be able to use "militaryspeak" and not be questioned about every term or acronym used.
As for the Canadian military, I have been stationed with and on Canadian forces bases and they are hard charging, professional and most of all highly motivated.
 dirsup
Msg: 28 (view)

Pets in Bed
Posted: 10/16/2007 8:59:23 AM
Thank you for that sentiment. I have 2 Boston Terriers that sleep with me every night and I dont give one obese rodents anal orifice if somebody doesnt like it. Those two
little guys are my friends, I rescued them, I take care of them and everybody in town that knows how I feel about my boys knows that THEY eat and live better than most pets and even some humans. If somebody does not like animals and mine in particular, you probably dont want me anyway. They dont hurt anything and there is nobody else there 99.9% of the time to **** anyway.
 dirsup
Msg: 53 (view)

REGINA MEET & GREET - Karaoke - October 13th
Posted: 10/4/2007 8:46:00 AM
I am going to try make this, but I warn everybody, I will bring a BUCKET with me as that is the only place that this guy can carry a tune.
 dirsup
Msg: 29 (view)

36 and never had a boyfriend and you ask me WTF?!?!?
Posted: 9/18/2007 11:22:25 AM
I will be 62 on 12/12 and have never actually had what one would call a "girlfriend".
I will qualify that by saying I was in the US Navy for over 26 years and in a job that I was gone all the time. No time and who would have wanted to be married to a guy that was there 1 days and gone for a year? This also happened after I retired and went to work for a Federal agency which will go unamed. I was on the road there also. BTW, I spent 19 of the 26 years in Asia so t here were innumberable opportunities.
My sister and I had kind of a joke going, she would not get married until I did and vice versa. She got married at 48 (2 years ago) and there I was, out there without any excuse. Of course, I can blame it on legacy... my father did not get married until he was 55. I used that excuse also. It should be known that I am not gay or bi-sexual either.
If the OP has not foundnd what she is looking for, as this website proclaims "plenty of fish", she can just hang her bait out a little longer. Sooner or later it will happen, she will either become the fisher-person or the fish. Go for it kiddo.
 dirsup

Report Here any Annoying/Scam or Offensive (Ads) Advertisements (NOT Profiles)
Posted: 8/31/2007 8:24:42 AM
This very very annoying advertisement for "smiley faces" and especially the talking ones. The least POF could do is have an icon that IF you wanted to hear the dammed things it would be an option, not forced on people that dont want to hear that crap.

Annoying or Offensive Advertisements ONLY

Please Report all "Annoying or Offensive" advertisements in this thread - although they are what makes this site free, they are automatically generated and may not be screened immediately if generated from outside advertisers via the co-operative Google adsence program. If any are over the top, do report them here and Admin will take care of them, if warranted.

Caveat: Do take your own due diligence by investigating any ads by simply Googling the Ad name and add "scam" or "problem" to the search.

Note: Report Profiles or Forum Violations here >> Plentyoffish: Report Channels

dirsup
Msg: 84 (view)

Is one hour too long to travel so u can meet someone?
Posted: 8/30/2007 12:47:07 PM
Robbie,
I say an hour is nothing. Where I live (NE Montana) an hour at the legal speed limit
would barely get me to the next town for Christ's sake. If a person is interested enough to engage in a conversation long enough to want to meet someone I would travel as far as 250-300 miles (closest big town in Montana, Billing) but if I were to
find someone in Saskatchewan (which is only 14 miles away, Regina is the biggest and that is less that 2 hours drive. NOTHING TO IT.
 dirsup
Msg: 145 (view)

Every woman on the planet should read this
Posted: 7/9/2007 9:49:28 AM
I seem to be quite a little older than the great majority of posters on this thread (61) but I have been following this regime for years. The old adage about getting more
(of anything) with honey than vinegar is just common sense. I am retired US Navy and have been around the world a couple of times and this being nice to women really works and I dont care what country you are in, if you speak the local language or not.
Up where I live (NE Montana right on the Canadian border) there are not many women in my age appropriate group (50-65) so I dont get to practice this theory often.
I love women I just dont get much chance to practice. Thanks for the original post.
 dirsup
Msg: 66 (view)

what info would send you running on a first date.
Posted: 6/3/2007 2:48:49 PM
This is for Butterfly92

"I have never been married" & I am unemployed".

I am both and I am 61 years old.

1. I am retired military and Federal Service
2. What I was assigned to do while I was working in the military and the feds would not have been good for the relationship. I was gone ALL the time.
 dirsup
Msg: 14 (view)

Single (never married at all) men over 45
Posted: 4/16/2007 7:55:57 PM
I tried to send you an E-mail, but I am blocked due to your restrictions.
look for me on yahoo chat as montanasailorboy.
 dirsup
Msg: 11 (view)

Single (never married at all) men over 45
Posted: 4/16/2007 12:30:39 PM
I am now 61 and never married. At one time I used to tell women this if they asked and a lot of them did. "I was in the U. S. Navy for 25 years and for quite a few years I was in a position where I was away from where I was stationed for extended periods. That is NO way to be married. As an example, I was stationed on GUAM back in march of 1978 and I was asked to take this detachment out for what was to be a 40 day trip. Oh, I could not pass that up. So yes, I went .. Little did I know that the Skipper and Gilligan were in charge. In all I was gone from GUAM for 13 MONTHS and 4 Days. Now remember, the single tour is 15 months. Would any woman want to be married to me, for Christ's sake? I had others, just not gone quite as long. Then I retired and went to work for Federal Law Enforcement, again single and gone. That ladies, is NOT my idea of being married. Now I live at the edge of the earth (not really but it sometimes seems like that. I live in NE Montana. The closest McDonalds and Walmart is over 100 miles away. There are NO repeat NO women in this area that are single, widowed or anything else between 55 and 65. You ask why I live here? I was born and raised here and came back after 40 years because it is cheap and a fine place for my 2 Boston Terriers.

Show ALL Forums