Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: The myth of Eastern European Girl?
 JoannaERC
Msg: 119 (view)

The myth of Eastern European Girl?
Posted: 10/6/2015 1:44:41 PM
Again stereotype far from the true.............Just go to my country, walk along streets of Warsaw, you will see loads of beautiful well dressed women and also loads of handsome men with different face features..........British guys all look the same. Those more attractive are in majority mixed race. Social and cultural influence you say............You would be surprised knowing the level of our culture (we have even four Nobel Prize winners in literature, very famous painters, pianist Chopin contests winners and so on, our movie director Andrzej Wajda was rewarded an Oscar for his entire creativity). Social thing? We don't celebrate drunk Fridays in pubs, our women in age of 40 plus don't get pissed and throw up in the street like I see every Friday night in pub across the street.........those social skills you mean ?

Personally I'm not into men in tuxedos and ties, that looks epic. Jeans and nice T-shirt will do, but clean hair, slight stubble and smiling eyes will close the loop. Finis coronat opus. If I will want to search for elegancy, I go to diplomatic reception.
 JoannaERC
Msg: 18 (view)

Professional photos
Posted: 10/6/2015 7:55:05 AM
@hostess - natural smile you say.............but your pictures somehow don't display any smile at all, rather something in more lower parts? Beside, their quality is just epic, you really don't see how they look like comparing to others?
 JoannaERC
Msg: 117 (view)

The myth of Eastern European Girl?
Posted: 10/5/2015 4:17:07 PM
I've just read very carefully all posts in this thread. Being surprised I have found a lot of opinions very unjustful or very far from the truth.............about East European women&girls. Some of you have no clue at all about us...........

So, for us following the traditional values defo doesn't mean staying at home, bringing up children and cooking, cleaning up, making laundry or whatever else. Those times passed away already. Traditional moral standards means decency, honesty, fidelity, responsibility for family and kids' future, but also being supportive for husband in any shape of form. Majority of us work and makes household income, there is no reason to put it on man's shoulders only. We are very oriented for education, about 25% of young Poles goes to higher education including Uni. You know why? Because education and knwledge is the only way to get independency, not asking for money any man, even if it's husband. In our country we don't have system of benefits, no help from the state at all, so we have to cope with life on our own. Believe me or not, but even working full time job we have time FOR EVERYTHING. For being wife, mother, daughter, good citizen and patriot..............but also for looking after ourselves. We don't waste time on the coach watching stupid soapies, with a bag of chips and coke. We cook meals from the scratch, healthy ones, like our mothers did, so no chances to look "porky" at all. No sweets nearly at all...........those are biggest enemies of weight. Lot walks, less driving, not avoiding rain and FREEZE, yes ladies, freeze, we have winters with -30 C and still we go to work, kids go to schools and we live normal. Now, having been living and working in UK for the last 6 years I have seen and found out a lot. Always I try to imagine British woman in my age getting through situation like mine was:
1. Sudden death of husband after 31 years of happy and friendly marriage. All savings spent on funeral, flat in the capital to be paid off, daughter in the last year of high school, heading for Uni, my work's income not sufficient enough to meet two ends of month for basic needs. NO BENEFITS AT ALL, as I said. No family to help.
2. Heartbreaking decision about emmigration..........if you think it was my funny choice, I just remind you that choice is and indication between two equal possibilities, if you decide to follow something what can improve your life, it's not a choice any more.
3. For the first year of life in UK being a sucject of any kind of bulling, discrimination and violence...........which one of Brit ladies would survive it in a strange country?
4. But I survived........just because of my faith, my determination, my conquering obstacles, aiming targets, NOT FORGIVING those who wanted to harm me and constant improving skills, getting more knowledge, LEARNING all the time. Now, after 6 years I'm far ahead than many Brit women in my age 50+. Can afford three times a year holiday in sunny places, flat, car, good job position and respect from workmates - immigrants IN MAJOR.
5. As many of you can see, my English is not poor (apart from that I use fluently 3 other languages, including one oriental) , I don't drink at all - just don't like the taste of alco, love speed and adrenaline, feel OK with myself. External apperance? You can see on my profile with recent pictures. Not bad as for 53 years.

So, much of you say here are only myths about us Slavians. And yes, we don't smile like sweet idiots or mentals all the time, although when we laugh, it's a full of pure happiness, not a smile just glued to face mask........

Thank you my homeland Poland, for creating me who I am. I will carry on our values and traditions wherever I will go, until the end of my life. No matter if somebody likes it or not, always I will defend my national identity - despite of having double citizenship.
 JoannaERC
Msg: 14 (view)

Professional photos
Posted: 10/4/2015 1:11:28 PM
The custom of showing off is as old as the world, everybody does it in such or other way and it's nothing wrong in that. My profile pictures are not profi at all, majority of them are taken with mobile, but still I think that they are much better than those taken in bathroom with the loo in the background, or in bedroom's mirror with outrageous mess on the second plan. Nothing more ridiculous than a bloke holding a mobile in front of the mirror and grinning his teeth to himself.........Worse can be only being shot with young kids, it should be forbidden here.
Maybe many of you would not believe, but I look exactly like my images show ! I like to experiment with hair style, makeup, outfits, shoes............it's a part of everyday fun. I like to be confident in my look, mainly FOR MYSELF, but in respect for other people too. Apart from that - I really don't have to attract men with my apperance, I have a lot of other values as well, but only those supplied with open mind can figure it out.
Personally, when it comes to me, I like to look at attractive people, regardless on gender. Blokes pictures are feeding my senses and imagination, womens images give me inspiration. So nothing wrong in that at all.
 JoannaERC
Msg: 30 (view)

east european migrants, what does it mean for dating?
Posted: 7/27/2015 3:45:15 AM
Since when we need British passport to move around the world? You forgot we are a member of EU on the background of accession tractate from Maastricht and our passports are evenly strong like British ones. So, sorry mate, but you need more political education before accusing us of trading ourselves off for British passports.
 JoannaERC
Msg: 12 (view)

No loons or bunny boilers - define?
Posted: 7/27/2015 3:30:33 AM
I disagree with you. In my profile I stated very straight who doesn't need to apply, because I'm not happy to contact such and such sort of people. Nothing negative in that, it's just a warning giving clear statement that I had to do with listed kinds of men before and I can recognize them straight away. It's also an evidence of my confidence, meaning that I will not throw myself into arms of the first one guy I will meet on my way - just because I know my worth.
And you know what? Although my profile is so straightforward, I'm getting loads of messages praising it, most of them saying - well done girl, you know exactly what you want ! Being here since January my stats are - 674 users on my Meet Me list, nearly 2000 messages. So, let me to stick with my NEGATIVE profile, differing me from others. At list I have enough guts to say what I really think, without wrapping it in PC.
 JoannaERC
Msg: 106 (view)

Long/short hair for the mature ladies
Posted: 7/24/2015 1:28:54 AM
well, I'm over fifty already and have very long hair with no intention of cutting them ever. Does it really look bad on me ? Just because one frustrated lady said to another one that wearing long hair in age over 40 is not right? Come on..........keep the common sense !
 JoannaERC
Msg: 20 (view)

Hi guys, have a look at that..............
Posted: 1/20/2015 4:11:17 AM
With you? Nothing I'm afraid. You people don't understand it's A DATING SITE, so it's pointless to post pictures like those from the church advert board. In my opinion NO ONE of my pics is undecent, I think that more unacceptable is posting here pictures with kids on hands, suggesting for example that person is a pedo. Toddlers on dating site? Pathetic, but I don't see any strong reaction for that.

Beside, if one lady called me a prostitute, it was allright. But when I bit her back - it was not allright. Double moral standards ? You people don't understand that criticisism must be constructive, whilst you just bang around with no reason. You don't know me, never met met me - and staright away you tag me of one seeking attention or hunting for easy sex. Nothing more far from truth, but was it nice to attack me? Are you satisfied? Cool, I'm too, and the guy who is riding on me most would scream in enjoyment having me in bed, but he will never admit it. Sign of impotency, I'm afraid.
 JoannaERC
Msg: 15 (view)

Posted: 1/19/2015 5:39:22 PM
You write whatever you want, and I have a lot of fun seeing you being so jelaous and envious. For the one who called me a prostitute : look in the mirror, babe. You don't qualify even for a hooker, no chances to pass the casting. :-))))))))
 JoannaERC
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 1/19/2015 1:40:13 AM
Good morning folks, warm greets for all of you here :-) Please have a look at my profile and review it, all opinions welcome. Only one thing: I'm a foreigner living in UK, so my English might not be as the native one :-) I can assume that many of you can consider my profile as a bit too strict, but we are like that.......Better to say everything directly, than to wrap it in a silver foil of political correctness. Have a nice day xxx

Show ALL Forums