Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Dating in our 50's
 purplepalooza
Msg: 226 (view)

Dating in our 50's
Posted: 4/2/2013 11:32:50 PM
Wow...I'll be 50 next year....and this thread really makes me dread it even more. :(
 purplepalooza
Msg: 3 (view)

Photos of genitalia
Posted: 9/2/2012 1:15:04 PM
People are brave when hiding behind technology...heck, half the time it's probably not even a pic of their own d*ck!! I think a lot of people are just looking for sex...sending a pic like that will for sure let them know whether or not they can count you in by your response.
 purplepalooza
Msg: 382 (view)

Ladies That hate recieving oral sex
Posted: 9/2/2012 12:40:41 PM
I cannot imagine not loving oral sex!! I honestly don't know which I love more...giving or receiving. Everyone likes what they like. Some women may need some gently nudging to let you down there because they are insecure about their girlie parts (how it looks, tastes, smells), others think it's gross, and others just don't find it stimulating. I could never be with a man who doesn't love receiving oral as much as giving it. And I've had men say they'd rather be the giver than the receiver??? HA! Noooooo way....gotta love ALL aspects! :)
 purplepalooza
Msg: 72 (view)

Texting all the time, at our age?
Posted: 8/23/2012 4:05:55 AM
Absolutely LOVED Cowboy's response! Loved, even MORE, his examples of appropriate text messages...sighs...I miss receiving those kind of text messages!! :)
 purplepalooza
Msg: 19 (view)

Empty Nester - Nakedness and other perks!
Posted: 8/22/2012 1:15:32 AM
I'm not there yet, but I am dreading the day. Though there are things that are aggravating at times, I wouldn't trade it for anything. Time goes by way too fast. I value every single moment. And trust me, I've gone through some very difficult times with my teen daughter. She's my only child, maybe for that reason I'm more attached? *tears*
 purplepalooza
Msg: 24 (view)

Hello...Text
Posted: 8/22/2012 1:00:03 AM
I love technology, but I HATE that it seems to be all or nothing for a lot of people when it comes to texting. Texting is great for simple chat...but some people do ALL their conversations like that. It can so often lead to misunderstandings, and it takes soooooo much longer to try and discuss something thru texting. People are so quick to say that texting takes less time, but I think the opposite. Real conversations are very long and drawn out. I personally think that people like the convenience of being able to ignore someone, or just not continue a conversation for whatever reason...and blame it on technology (i didn't get that text). Ugh.
 purplepalooza
Msg: 1 (view)

Check out and advise please!
Posted: 8/16/2012 12:50:59 AM
Besides needing to include a picture showing a full body shot...what other suggestions do you have?

Thanks! :)

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
 purplepalooza
Msg: 26 (view)

Instant chemistry vs slow burn
Posted: 8/14/2012 12:41:52 AM
i think people confuse attraction with chemistry. Attraction is that initial response to physical appearance. Chemistry is how well you get along, common interests, sense of humor, etc. That takes a bit of time to discover fully. I mean when you take into consideration first date jitters and all, a lot of people don't let themselves shine due to nerves or wheatever. Give people a chance, a couple of dates AT LEAST! No more a waste of time that it is to continue dating a person based solely on their looks, only to discover later that the chemistry isn't there afterall.....SAME DIFFERENCE.
 purplepalooza

Why look for no strings attached sex in the wrong place??
Posted: 5/4/2012 3:28:26 AM
I'm not suggesting that those who only want intimate encounters are f*cked up...it's those that seek the intimate encounters, or FWBs, or the like....from people they clearly know are looking for a serious relationship based on what a person's POF profile states.
 purplepalooza

Why look for "no strings attached" sex in the wrong place??
Posted: 5/3/2012 11:12:16 PM
I recently was talking to a man who accused me of being too analytical cuz I asked questions (i ddi a thread on the subject), and I felt that he was defensive because, more than likely, he was hiding things. Well, low and behold, I received an email thru his POF profile from his girlfriend...telling me he's a cheat and don't trust him!!! Made me start thinking about the whole situation where people (men and women) who are just looking for casual sex, go looking for it with people who are looking for actual relationships on dating sites.

I was curious, so I did a search on this site for both, males and females, who are seeking intimate encounters. I didn't think there would be many, but there are!!! So my questions is, WHY don't people looking for no strings, actually look for others wanting the same????? It makes no sense to go thru the drama of lying, and pretending to be something you're not, in order to get what is already being offered by those who want the same thing...therefore NO NEED TO PLAY GAMES TO GET IT.

What are your thoughts on this? Are people like that just f*cked up?
 purplepalooza
Msg: 83 (view)

How much to tell and when to tell it
Posted: 5/3/2012 8:34:02 PM
OMG...so quick to pass judgment for the "overnight" date! The OP was wondering how long before a person reveals some personal things that might ordinarily not happen until two people have been seeing each other for quite some time, living together, or even married. Some reveals are little things that deal mostly with hygiene (dentures), or manners. Like burping, or passing gas...which some NEVER do because, to them, it's bad manners (even towards a SO or spouse)...yet to others, bodily functions are natural and let them rip! Other reveals deal with more serious issues like medical concerns, criminal history, or whatever other life experiences that people have a tendency to pass judgment on. Everyone has their own point at which they will, or will not reveal things.

I think for the OP, him removing his dentures was something you wouldn't expect a person to do on a first date...overnight or not. That is what led her to think about "reveals" as a whole, and when should it happen. When she added that him having an 8 year old was the deal breaker...it was obvious that was another "reveal" that happened on that first date. In that case, however, she expected that would have been revealed BEFORE meeting...and I agree. Revealing information about how many children you have, and they're ages, is something MOST people feel is important to know in the very beginning...before meeting. It's part of the compatibility factor when looking over profiles.
 purplepalooza
Msg: 83 (view)

False advertising or cock tease? What would you do?
Posted: 4/13/2012 11:15:24 PM
I would be completely pissed off...because he LIED. Same thing if he said he was 6' tall, and ended up being on 5'6 or something. It's the dishonesty.
 purplepalooza
Msg: 151 (view)

snowballing?
Posted: 4/13/2012 11:03:11 PM
Snowballing is just something that happens when two people are uninhibited about their cum....i think it's HOT!!
 purplepalooza
Msg: 16 (view)

Period sex and menstrual fetish
Posted: 4/12/2012 11:36:29 PM
I actually love sex on my period...and actually find it arousing to see my blood on him...but I'm not a heavy bleeder. The ONLY downfall to period sex, for me, is that I don't like the taste of the blood...I love giving oral after having sex and i just can't get past that taste. So it kinda stops the flow of the moment by me asking if he'll go wash off.
 purplepalooza
Msg: 70 (view)

Men who shave...Everything!
Posted: 4/12/2012 11:26:01 PM
I definitely prefer a man to be closely trimmed...and the boys to be completely smoooooth shaven. Giving oral sex is soooo much better when they manscape!!
 purplepalooza
Msg: 25 (view)

what do people think is a reasonable age gap in a relationship
Posted: 4/12/2012 11:18:48 PM
People don't think enough about the long term when considering age difference. I mean really, a 45 year old dating a 25 year old??? Unless it's all just casual fun, do you really think that when you're 70, and that person is 50, they'll be by your side??

I always wonder, does the 45 year old have the maturity of a 25 year old? In that case, I guess they're perfect for one another. I can't imagine there being many 25 year olds who have the maturity of a typical 45 year old...so I really think it's the older "immature" adults who are dating people so much younger. Either that, or they are just out to have fun PERIOD.
 purplepalooza
Msg: 115 (view)

Does sexual desire really decline with advancing age?
Posted: 4/10/2012 2:33:33 PM
Thanks a lot for this thread, now I'm all frustrated....wishing I had a partner soooooooo bad...yeah, I'm another one that would wear him out!!! LOL Desire hasn't gone away, just the opportunity UGH!! :P
 purplepalooza
Msg: 19 (view)

MORE or LESS casual sex?
Posted: 4/6/2012 11:19:21 AM

. It is a rare gift to find someone who still has the ability to be open and love and willing to risk being hurt to find love.

I think that is so true...sad, but true. Having walls up to protect, only prevents real love from ever happening again.
 purplepalooza

MORE or LESS casual sex?
Posted: 4/5/2012 12:25:57 PM
Now that you're 45+, are you more, or less likely to have casual sex? By casual I mean, no strings/emotions attached...even one-nite stands. Just wondering if attitudes have changed since getting older. I personally can't imagine having sex with a man that I don't have strong feelings for. Sometimes I wonder if I'm getting too uptight with age.
 purplepalooza
Msg: 38 (view)

playing with the mess?
Posted: 4/5/2012 12:06:16 PM
First I'd like to say that I think it's ridiculous for anyone to think that because a man tastes his own cum means he has homosexual tendencies.

Playing with his cum, my cum, it's ALL part of the fun. Honestly, that's why I DON'T swallow...i prefer to play with it...lick it off him...etc. I love a man who is into ALL the tastes of our sex, it's extremely erotic and passionate to me.
 purplepalooza

If a person initiates contact with you on POF, do you expect for them to have read your profile?
Posted: 4/4/2012 11:53:26 AM
I mean really, if a person can't even make the small effort to read a profile before making contact, what other efforts will they lack in later? So what, profiles start to sound alike, reading a person's profile means you have some sort of interest past just noticing a good-looking picture.

When a man contacts me and asks for my name...I know he didn't even bother to read my profile...it's disappointing. Others will start off their email to me with, "Hi Debbie". Those men take the time, cudos to them!!
 purplepalooza
Msg: 27 (view)

Is taking things slow really necessary after the age of 45???
Posted: 3/24/2012 11:33:28 PM
It seems when people talk about taking things slow BEFORE going into a full-blown relationship...it kinda implies that things change (for the worse?) when it's a "full-blown" relationship...as if things go bad simply because of entering into one.

Jumping in, and going for it, DOES make you get to know a person faster...simply because a person cannot keep pretending to be something their not if you're seeing each other everyday, etc. If it's an act on their part, it gets exhausting for them, and they crack. You find out quick if they're genuine.

To think of going along dating someone once or twice a week...being all casual and see where things go...blaaahhhhhhh....how BORING!

I want fun and excitement now...full blast. NOT little bits and pieces, here and there.

If you're compatible, it will work...no matter how fast you go.

Don't blame a failed relationship on the speed in which you entered into it. Taking it "slow" would have just probably prevented a "full-blown" relationship from actually happening...but so what?

With all the above being said, I would like to say that I have had two major relationships in my life ( combined total of 23 years), I've been divorced for 6 years, and have gone out with only 4 men. I'm no frivolous, serial dater due to my natural tendency to wanna jump in.

I just know what I want, and if he doesn't, or is a slow-poke....I get bored, and frustrated. Which ultimately means he's not right for me. I just haven't come across a man who is free-spirited, or DARING enough to jump in with both feet!

purplepalooza

Is "taking things slow" really necessary after the age of 45???
Posted: 3/20/2012 10:35:54 PM
I mean really, by this age shouldn't we know what we really want, and not have to play the silly cat and mouse games of our younger years? I'm not saying that jumping into marriage after a second date is wise, but what is the point of waiting to move forward into a serious relationship just because a certain amount of time has not yet passed?
 purplepalooza

What is the point of stating "friends first" in a profile????
Posted: 3/20/2012 10:29:36 PM
Funny how so many put that they want to meet someone and become "friends first". As opposed to what??? It seems silly to even put that into a profile. And I also wonder...for those of you who do put that in your profiles...since being friends first is your goal, then that would obviously mean there would be no expectations of sexual activity right?

HA!! Yeah right...friends first...but with all the benefits of actually being in a relationship.
 purplepalooza
Msg: 25 (view)

Mature and oral sex
Posted: 9/27/2010 8:10:17 PM
I'm 46 and could not possibly choose whether I love giving or receiving more....I LOVE one as much as the other.......................and my partner betta feel the same!!...hehe
 purplepalooza
Msg: 132 (view)

can a guy 30 or older get away with wearing a hat backwards?
Posted: 9/27/2010 8:02:50 PM
Of course they can! And I think a man looks cute when he does it too!
 purplepalooza
Msg: 5 (view)

Spending 5000 points for a colored background
Posted: 6/5/2009 7:34:18 PM
Wonder if our profile pages will ever be set up similar to Myspace...you can see the different layouts and skins very well on that site (mine included)...but on here I can't see anyon'es skin..just a tiny little bit around the outer edge.
 upallnitetoo2
Msg: 14 (view)

Honesty in the sexual issues forums...
Posted: 4/17/2009 11:15:46 PM
Thanks for all the responses...it's been interesting reading all your thoughts!
 upallnitetoo2

Honesty in the sexual issues forums...
Posted: 4/17/2009 6:51:20 AM
Have any of you noticed that because of your honesty in the forums (especially regarding sexual issues) you receive contacts from people because of it??? And that the contact person ONLY seems to notice THAT about you???

So I'm wondering if posting in the forums can "hurt" a person's chances of attracting someone, or is it just the stupidity of some individuals for focusing only on your forum posts? What do you think?
 upallnitetoo2
Msg: 15 (view)

When you have a long sex break is your drive goes up or down?
Posted: 4/13/2009 2:46:03 AM
I go into a "shut down" mode...but as soon as I'm interested in someone..OMG!!!
 upallnitetoo2
Msg: 121 (view)

Can women really go without sex????
Posted: 4/13/2009 2:41:56 AM
Since I'm single...and as much as it sucks...yes, I can go without sex. When in a relationship???....nooooo way!!!...I go into over-drive then!..hehehe
 upallnitetoo2
Msg: 181 (view)

How many women fantasize watching their man with another man?
Posted: 4/13/2009 2:38:06 AM
Heeeeelllllllllll noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 upallnitetoo2
Msg: 72 (view)

Cum placement
Posted: 4/13/2009 2:30:07 AM
Anywhere below the nose!!!...and not in my hair!!
 upallnitetoo2
Msg: 22 (view)

Is Analingus the new Cunnilingus?
Posted: 4/13/2009 2:27:57 AM
I hope not!!

.............................................................................................................
 upallnitetoo2
Msg: 7 (view)

Honestly...is it my weight?
Posted: 4/6/2009 9:02:00 AM
Thank you for the input!...
 upallnitetoo2
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 4/6/2009 6:05:50 AM
Thank you for the input...
 upallnitetoo2

Posted: 4/5/2009 9:41:44 PM
Thank you for the input!
 upallnitetoo2
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 4/5/2009 7:47:17 PM
Thanks for the couple of suggestions....any others??
 upallnitetoo2

Posted: 4/4/2009 10:18:37 PM
Would like opinions on my profile...I'm assuming my weight is the main reason I'm not getting emails...

Thanks!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Show ALL Forums