Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: JFK: Did Oswald do all the shooting? I say yes. How bout you?
 lestergass
Msg: 94 (view)

JFK: Did Oswald do all the shooting? I say yes. How bout you?
Posted: 12/18/2008 2:42:07 PM

I'm not one for conspiracy theories because a lot of the stuff can't be proven.

It would be proof enough for me if the fingerprints detailed in McClellans book really did belong to Mac Wallace.

Check out this link:

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKwallaceM.htm
 lestergass
Msg: 3 (view)

How the Iraqi war ended, and nobody noticed......
Posted: 12/14/2008 3:57:14 PM
I'm just thrilled that there is any news at all that there is an end in sight.

I fear the day the the last of our troops leave ,or shortly thereafter, will be the beginning of sorrows. The stupidity of overthrowing Saddam Husein will soon be apparent to even the most die-hard of neocons. With no strong power to keep a lid on the century's old strife between Sunni and Shea, compounded by all the bloodshed since the invasion, civil war will surely break out. Neighboring states will shortly become involved, as will the superpowers. U.S., Russia, China, and the EU, will all want to be an ally of whoever wins and controls this oil rich part of the globe.

We're talking WWIII here folks, and it looks like the lying, conniving morons who got the planet into this mess will walk away scott free. I hope the above paragraph is wrong, in which case I'll tip my hat to the neocons for being visionary's, who still should be punished for the way they went about accomplishing their vision.
 lestergass
Msg: 18 (view)

debating politics
Posted: 12/13/2008 10:12:40 AM
James Carville and Mary Matalin seem to have a pretty good marriage.
 lestergass
Msg: 67 (view)

Do you remember the sixties
Posted: 12/11/2008 9:50:24 PM
Four years after the trip to NYC, the kid from the youth choir looked just like one of the "hippies" ,that he and the older kids used to gawk at as he tagged along with them after church, to "Old Town" in Chicago. I actually was on Haight st. in San Francisco, in '67, "the summer of love". Problem was, I was with my parents, again gawking at "hippies". Shortly after High School I moved into a tiny shack, along with a constantly revolving cast of characters, fondly dubbed the "Bird House". I'm sure the value of the stereo equipment in that place was twice the value of the house. To quote Joe, from Great Expectations: "Oh What Larks".

My buddy and I took his new '68 Roadrunner to Grant Park in Chgo. and waited for hours listening to Jefferson Airplane on the P.A. ("up against the wall mother****er, tear down the waaaalll ) while waiting for Sly and the Family Stone, to play for free. We finally gave up and left, (time for church). We learned later we missed the big riot, as they never did show up. Later on, during the "Bird House" days, the band Styx would play for free in just about every shopping mall in the Chicago-land area. I saw them at least twice at a mall, and once even in some guys pole barn! There was a disc jockey on WLS am radio named Dex Card. He would rent out little clubs in the area and put on "Dex Cards Wild Goose". Sunday night at the Scherwood Club, in Schererville Ind. was the night for it in my area. They didn't serve alchohol, but for two or three bucks you could see; Alice Cooper, REO, Ted Nugent (and the Amboy Dukes), Black Oak Arkansas, and probably some I can't think of right now, along with other semi famous local bands. There was always a handful outside doing the "Spare Change" thing

My pride and joy muscle car from High School, '66 Fairlane GT/A, lime green, deep dish Cragers, air shocks in the back, turned to crap from partying and lack of funds from living at the Bird House. The crowd I was running with at the time made fun of guys who were into their cars as "Ricky Racers". Raggedy old road boats were the cool rides, since we fancied ourselves the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers from the" Zap Comix" (anyone remember them). When the "freakmobile's" wouldn't run there was always your thumb. One night after getting wasted on Boon's Farm and weed, we decided it would be a good idea to hitchhike to St. Louis to see a buddy who had moved there. Somewhere around dawn, in the middle of nowhere, we decided it wasn't such a good idea after all. Heading back, we got let out on a freeway overpass. There were about three other groups already there waiting for a ride. We got lucky though, and shortly got a ride in a van, and got high all over again, with their weed.

My youngest son is a freshmen history major, and Thanksgiving weekend he interviewed me as a source for a paper he was writing on the '60's. He mentioned he had bought the Tom Brokaw book about the decade, and I told him I'd like to read it, but first I wanted to read the one he wrote about the "Greatest Generation". In my mind the folks who fought in WWII, and maintained the home front, were the greatest generation. Without them the people my age wouldn't have been able to do our "own thing". In a way I can forgive them their prejudices and narrow mindedness. They had been threw hell and already done their bit to save the world. For that I am grateful. Like a pendulum things have to go from one extreme to the other sometimes, to settle in the middle. Let's hope we can keep the good stuff from the era and learn from the bad.

In my last post I should have said: to US it was more of a curiosity/tourist thing. I know the group I was with was pretty dogmatic about their own denomination. Maybe it was about the music,another popular after church destination was going to the First Church of Deliverance. They had a radio broadcast on WCIL in Chcgo. on Sun.night at 10:00 with an AWESOME black gospel choir, they had a pipe organ as big as a house you could feel in your gut!

Just saw your post, Byrd. I'm thinking Don McClean, and War might have been at the Sherwood Club also.
 lestergass
Msg: 56 (view)

Do you remember the sixties
Posted: 12/10/2008 8:17:20 PM
Have any of you ever heard of sweet daddy grace or father divine ??

My mom just recently e-mailed a picture of me in the church youth choir from '68, when I was 15. It was shot during Sun. night service, and we left for a trip to New York City from Hammond Ind. immediately after service. We took 5 Volkswagen bus's to NYC and upstate New York, singing in different churches just about every night.

Slept in store front church's in scary neighborhoods, saw the Statue Of Liberty, U.N. building, propositioned by a pimp in Times Square, billy-clubbed in the shins by a subway cop, made out with 3 different girls, and saw my life flash before my eyes, as two of the older kids changed drivers at 60 mph in a VW bus.

On the way out there we went thru Philadelphia Pa. and stopped at a place that I'm pretty sure was Father Divines. It was daytime and we didn't stay for any services as I'm sure it was more of a curiosity/tourist thing.
 lestergass
Msg: 54 (view)

Women, Sex and Cars
Posted: 12/9/2008 6:32:29 PM

Am I alone or does the E type Jag do it for anyone else, the semi prone position, the acceleration pushing you into the back of the seat the memories of youth....... be still me beating heart.

E type jag is beautiful to behold and I am glad it doesn't have an estuary accent.

You are lucky lass's indeed to have youthful memories of actual, in the flesh E types. I have memories of many happy moments when I was a kid, admiring their beautiful shape in the pages of my dad's Road & Track or Car and Driver. I was well aware of the symphony of sound coming from those twin pipes having been exposed to my dad's buddies XK14o ( at the time, dad had a TR4). To this day I could probably count on the fingers of both hands the times I have seen one IRL.

In time, dad's buddy moved from Chicago to California, and left the Jag in our driveway for a month or two until he was settled. Many more happy moments were spent behind the wheel of the Jag making Zoom Zoom noises. Admiring glances from the ladies were never part of the fantasy.

Fantasies about the opposite sex usually happened later, after bedt............eh, never mind.
 lestergass
Msg: 85 (view)

Posted: 12/7/2008 11:09:23 AM
I would expect him to go on some kind of anti Kennedy, or pro Castro rant, explaining to history his motives.
 lestergass
Msg: 83 (view)

Posted: 12/7/2008 10:50:21 AM
He just wanted to be remembered for some monstrous act.

So why would he immediately say, when caught: "I'm just a patsy"?

maybe even some help in the actual carrying this ugly act out.

What do you think about the alleged fingerprint evidence in McClellen's book?
 lestergass
Msg: 31 (view)

Women, Sex and Cars
Posted: 12/7/2008 6:57:14 AM

Hearing a Harley will turn my head.....
while hearing the "whine" of a crotch rocket will make me grimace.....

OK, I'm probably going to get hammered here but anyway......IMO a large percentage of the guys on a Harley bought it for the sole purpose of turning your head, whereas (for the most part) the guy on the crotch rocket probably bought it for the pure joy of going Zoom Zoom.

Now, given that premise,which do you think is a more desirable quality in a man?

Sorry girls, to me a Harley sounds like mechanical flatulence.

JMO
 lestergass
Msg: 10 (view)

where are all the men with long beautiful hair?
Posted: 12/6/2008 3:09:28 PM
Now she tells me
 lestergass
Msg: 19 (view)

Women, Sex and Cars
Posted: 12/6/2008 11:49:13 AM
engine at redline is just something to treasure....no matter what size it is

Someone said: "Porche's will get you through times of no sex better than sex will get you through times of no Porche's."

I never knew if that meant the Porche will keep you grinning 'till you get laid, or it will help you get laid. I prefer to think the former.
 lestergass
Msg: 67 (view)

Posted: 12/5/2008 5:51:34 PM
Anyone read the book, Blood Money & Power, How L.B.J. Killed Kennedy, by Barr McClellen.?

He is the father of former Bush White House press secretary, Scott McClellen, and a former partner in the law firm of Ed Clark, LBJ's personal attorney, and claims that it was common knowledge in the law firm that LBJ, Ed Clark, and Texas oil, were involved.

The most convincing part for me is he claims there were unidentified prints from the snipers nest that were later identified as belonging to Mac Wallace. Mac Wallace was convicted of murdering a boyfriend of LBJ's sister, in front of eye witnesses,and immediately had his sentence commuted by a Texas judge. He was also identified by witnesses for asking for directions to a Texas dept. of Agriculture official, who was about to blow the whistle on LBJ and Billy Sol Estes shenanigans. The official was found with 5 bullet wounds and a Texas grand jury ruled it a suicide!

Another interesting part was the construction firm of Brown and Root was mentioned many times, now KBR, a subsidiary of Haliburton.

It's been a while since I read this so the details are a bit fuzzy, but the man makes a pretty convincing argument.
 lestergass
Msg: 32 (view)

feeling violated
Posted: 12/2/2008 5:10:20 PM

you might wanna make sure he wasn't riffling through your panty drawer too.

Exactly what I was going to say. Sorry folks, this guy stepped over the line.
 lestergass

Religion - The universe is NOT 6,000 years old.
Posted: 12/2/2008 4:22:50 PM
I'm not arguing one way or the other Verzen, just throwing this out there.

Many religious people have told me that the universe is only 6,000 years old which is why I am bringing this up.

Maybe the religious folk are confusing the universe with our solar system, or in other words the planets and physics that it takes to make life possible for us humans.
The Bible makes a few vague references to the time before creation. Maybe these galaxies from far far away existed in that era

andyyaa makes a good point also.
 lestergass
Msg: 43 (view)

Rahm Israel Emanuel
Posted: 12/1/2008 7:58:53 PM
Oboma seems to be putting together a cabinet that is a bit to the right of himself. This could be a very effective political move as the President Elect atempts to govern as he seems fit.

All of our great leaders were politicians. That's how things get done in a democracy.

This is a man who believes in his own judgment. Don't forget he stood up against the invasion of Iraq when most of the country was knee deep in freedom fries and Dixie Chick bashing.

At the end of the day the President is still the man in charge.
 lestergass

Is there a way or just forget it.
Posted: 11/30/2008 7:02:38 AM

You the man jon, thanks for asking.

Thanks for the video Selena.

One more of life's mysteries solved on pof forums.
 lestergass
Msg: 5 (view)

Am I really in this ?
Posted: 11/29/2008 6:21:27 AM
Ask yourself how will this affect my life 5-10 years down the road.

Your only 28 years old, lots of time left for a bad decision to affect your life.

Years down the road the same thing could be way uncool. Don't let the "cool factor" fool you.
 lestergass

Do you tell adult kids the real deal about the divorce?
Posted: 11/25/2008 10:39:51 PM

You can only subjectively tell them your story.

That's true, but sometimes there are things that they have no clue about.
 lestergass
Msg: 1 (view)

Do you tell adult kids the real deal about the divorce?
Posted: 11/25/2008 10:14:36 PM
It's a no-brain er that you don't expose young children to the tawdry details of the break up of their parents marriage, but what about years later when they're grown, with families of their own? Do you explain to them, as objectively as possible, the true story of the divorce?

I'd be interested in hearing what others have to say about this.
 lestergass

What do you really think of modern British culture.?
Posted: 11/25/2008 7:14:08 PM
Don't meen to be cheeky mates, but this yank thinks Top Gear, and "britcoms" Rock
 lestergass
Msg: 37 (view)

Rahm Israel Emanuel
Posted: 11/21/2008 2:30:21 PM
A man with Rahm Emanuel's personality, and background, could be very useful in dealing with AIPAC, and Christian Zionists, as Oboma tries to form a more even handed approach to the middle east conflict.
 lestergass
Msg: 12 (view)

Please~ man-woman dictionary needed??? Am I a fool?
Posted: 11/18/2008 7:47:48 PM
You two live two hours away.

That would be a bigger issue for me than the "jumping the gun" thing.

Someones going to have to move if this gets serious.

That would be an issue for me
 lestergass

Were the 60's good for us?
Posted: 11/4/2008 8:57:11 PM
I was overcome with the symbolism of Oboma giving his acceptance speech, at the Democratic convention, on the 45th anniversary of MLK's "I Have A Dream" speech. Once again, as I sit here watching the election coverage, the irony of having the victory celebration at Grant Park in Chicago is smacking me in the face.

Grant Park 1968, the scene of so much violence, chaos, and disharmony, at a Democratic National Convention, no less. It became a symbol of all that was wrong with our Country to some, and a demand for change to others.

Once again the eyes of the world is upon Grant Park in Chicago, as a symbol of a great cultural and historic event.

Has the chaos of the era paved the way for a new, and better, one to come?

What of the baggage we are left with from the era?

There is no doubt the Sexual Revolution has led to an increased divorce rate. One could argue there wouldn't be as many of us searching for a companion on an electronic gadget sitting on our desk,had we all stuck with the morals of our Grandparents.

Drug abuse, once the trendy norm, is still plaguing our nation.

We live and we learn. Hopefully we can find a path down the center, and keep the best of the Conservative era we now seem to be coming out of, and fulfill the best of the idealism us old farts had when we were young.
 lestergass
Msg: 4 (view)

Obama's grandmother passes away
Posted: 11/3/2008 4:43:18 PM
Great post dmotz.

We may have different ideas about what's best for our country, but we all share the Human experience, and we all want what's best for our country.

When Tim Russert passed away Chris Mathews said he attended the memorial service. Two men walked in, sat down together,and had a long quite conversation before the service began. Those two men were Barack Oboma and John McCain. "Thats the country I want to live in",Mathews said.

That's how we roll here.....I said that.
 lestergass
Msg: 6 (view)

Feeling Old?
Posted: 11/2/2008 12:47:52 AM
Thanks for the insperation southernlass.

Blessings to you too
 lestergass
Msg: 12 (view)

Pet names - original or not?
Posted: 10/23/2008 5:30:54 PM
It's been my experience they seem to evolve out of nowhere,and become mutual. Each one is unique, and part of the memory.
During one family gathering I was sitting next to my ex-wifes current Husband. She stuck her head around the corner and said:"Babe, do you want some tea"?........His head is stuck in a magazine..............."Babe, do you want some tea"?.........His head is stuck in a magazine................"Babe"!..."Oh! I didn't know you were talking to me".
To break the awkward silence I said: "Hey Bud,don't go there, I had a different name"...............
 lestergass
Msg: 15 (view)

Spiritual values in our communities
Posted: 10/20/2008 7:34:13 PM

Ethics, which everyone should learn, is having a rational sense of right and wrong. Morality, by contrast, is following arbitrary rules...."

Well put!
Personal and civic ethos, that's what it is all about. That makes a proper "citizen" in the Ancient Athenian sense of "citizen".

lestergass
Msg: 8 (view)

Countersteering Motorcycles
Posted: 10/19/2008 4:44:03 AM
It got kinda interesting when we hit that very long and sharp curve on hwy 27 between Maimi and Homestead Fla at night with no hands at around 100 mph

Keith Code's No Body Steering Motorcycle-Popular Mechanics:
"Keith Code, a leading motorcycle riding instructor and founder of the noted California Superbike School, has put a cap on this controversy with his new No Body Steering Bike (No B.S. Bike). This specially designed motorcycle proves that only steering, and not body steering/leaning, turns a bike.
After researching the fundamentals of counter steering—covering the gamut from the Wright brothers and their studies of counter steering and tandem-wheel vehicles, to studies done by Honda Motor Co. in the '70s—Code built the No B.S. Bike, a midsize ZX 6R Kawasaki. Code added an extra set of handlebars, solidly mounted to the frame above the standard bars. Then he added a second, functional throttle to the extra bar assembly so riders could maintain speed while grasping the bars.
More than 100 riders have tested their body steering/leaning methods on the No B.S. Bike, and all have come away with the irrefutable conclusion: Body steering and leaning does not steer a motorcycle. Steering alone turns a bike."

Whether it's leaning or steering that's getting you where want to go, isn't that important on a normal uneventfull ride.When it's important is in that nano second you have in an emergency, when you have to react immediately. I guaranty you'll want to do something with those handlebars! If countersteering isn't your immediate reaction, your.........well, insert your own metaphor here
 lestergass
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 10/18/2008 11:59:30 AM
Re: Msg:15
You'd be amazed at the number of experienced riders I've talked to who believe they are steering by simply leaning, and who are certain their bike reacts like their car, if they were to intentionly turn the bars.

As far as welding handlebars to the bike, Kieth Code did exactly that. He called it the no B.S. bike. He apparently thought it was worth the trouble to actually do it. Check out his web site ,and see how many people he thought needed to be convinced.
 lestergass

Posted: 10/17/2008 2:21:51 PM
Sevaral years ago a Buddy of mine and I were having a heated debate on how to steer a motorcycle. At the time niether one of us owned or had access to a bike. Later that evening as my Girlfriend and I were leaving her Mothers house, her Brother-in-law rode up on his new motorcycle. While admiring his bike I thought of the conversation earlier that day. It was late, I was tired, and I wanted to go home. If he was aware of the countersteering phenomenom, he would probably think I was being a "Mr. Know It All". If he wasn't, he would think the same, and I wasn't in the mood for another pissing contest. Less than two weeks later he was MIA, three days after that he was found down in a ravine, on the outside of a curve, on a deserted country road. His body had been laying in the hot Augest sun, and had been ravished by scavengers.

Since that incident I have become a self appointed Evangelist on the subject. It probably would have been a repeat of the debate earlier in the day, if I had brought it up, but I would have felt better about the situation.

A study done in the early '80's found that in 80% of eye witness acounts of motorcycle accidents, the rider steered directly INTO the object they were trying to avoid.

What is countersteering? Search "Motorcycle Countersteering" and you'll find more information than you want to know.

Wikipedia calls it:"The technique used by cyclists to initiate turning toward a given direction by first steering counter to the desired direction (steer left to turn right)".This is a bit misleading becuase it sounds like an option.
Motorcycle Steering Techniques states: "Countersteering in the ONLY way to effectivly control a motorcycles lean at any speed over about 5mph.
Keith Code On Countersteering is a good one for those who believe they are steering by simply leaning, or pushing on a footpeg.

Some of this stuff on other sites take a physics degree to understand. When I first read about this years ago (before computers), I was very skeptical. I found a deserted stretch of straight road, got in the middle, and tried to make a lane change by pushing and pulling on one bar or the other. I was a true believer immediatly. When I suggested this experiment to a guy at work, he got very irrate, and claimed I was trying to get him to crash his new $10,000 motorcycle.

I don't pretend to be an expert on the subject. Hopefully there is someone here with more knowledge than me on the this. I've noticed many profiles here that lists motorcycles as "Interests". I hope this will help someone ride and "fish" long and happy.
 lestergass

Replying to a message
Posted: 10/17/2008 6:18:29 AM
So THATS why my stuff is one long paragraph. Thanks Man
 lestergass
Msg: 40 (view)

Why do we come to Plenty Of Fish ?
Posted: 10/16/2008 2:59:30 PM
all of us guys are on here to find out why women only go for "bad boys"

dang, I thought everyone knew that.
 lestergass
Msg: 24 (view)

Ran over a Raccoon last night...
Posted: 10/16/2008 2:07:58 PM
Was riding shotgun with my sis one time. I saw a Flash in the corner of my eye, and KABLAM , her side veiw mirror exploded. Turning around we saw a large bird laying in the middle of the road. Naturally, she had to back up, get out, and check it out. It was a big owl.
I don't know which was worse, waiting for someone to come along and make us as dead as the owl, or wondering what would have happened if her side window had been open.
 lestergass

Pantylines and tight white pants or tight shorts
Posted: 10/15/2008 8:17:14 PM
Commando=cameltoe?
OP=Original poster.

dang, I forgot about that first line being on the profile again.(where's that smiley banging his head against the wall)
 lestergass
Msg: 2 (view)

Pantylines and tight white pants or tight shorts
Posted: 10/15/2008 8:03:14 PM
Halokitty, see: lilmoondancer
OP, whydoyathink I like nurses?
 lestergass

Replying to a message
Posted: 10/15/2008 5:12:33 PM
After you log in again,arrow back until the page you typed message on appears again, then hit send again.
 lestergass

Murtha won't be getting a christmas card
Posted: 10/15/2008 4:45:48 PM
Hey Bud, what-up
I think this falls under the category of:"With friends like these, who needs enemys?"
 lestergass
Msg: 1032 (view)

If someone emails you with misspelled words and bad grammar, do you respond?
Posted: 10/11/2008 8:41:19 AM

To answer your question OP, and staying on topic....

sorry
 lestergass
Msg: 1029 (view)

Posted: 10/11/2008 7:37:01 AM

If they are obviously from a foreign land, I ask them to have someone with whom they are close who speaks/reads/writes English review their profile and edit them before going any further.

OK, I'm flirting with being off topic here, but I found this amusing enough to save, maybe someone else will too.
This was printed on the back of a "bubble pack" of a headlight relay kit I bought a few years back. I quote......

This bulb is not effective by using of normal wiring and also will cause troubles, so that, please use the atached wire. Besides, please don't turn on two lights at the same time to prevent from shortening the bulb life.
For whom of using 4 bulb square type low beam in case of using 4 bulb square type low beam , (etc. etc.)

Good thing there was a diagram. I bought this through a mail order catalogue, not sure I would have, if I picked it up at a store.
 lestergass
Msg: 11 (view)

Did I have the right to be angry?
Posted: 10/2/2008 5:28:29 PM
relationship? kids? and you haven't even met? I'd have been GONE in a heartbeat . . ....... .. but I'm a cynical old dude
 lestergass
Msg: 75 (view)

Opinions please - Is this normal!!!!!
Posted: 10/1/2008 6:19:04 PM
Let's see................ c-span, or reading about farts?....................... I'm sticking with the farts.
damn, this is going to show up on my profile.
 lestergass

sock it 2 me, what do u think of the new one?
Posted: 10/1/2008 3:53:45 PM
Ok, the first time I did this , didn't put much thought or effort in to it. Have recently become addicted to the forums, so figured I should update the profile. Excuse me for a moment while I go "man up" and I will be back to face the music.
 lestergass
Msg: 7 (view)

Feast for the sharks and wolves...
Posted: 9/30/2008 7:40:00 PM
Man, lighten up. I don't have a clue about this profile stuff, but I can tell you this. My grandfather, my dad, and my oldest son were and are Pentecostal preachers, I am what I am sure what you would call a backslider, so you probally won't have much respect for what I have to say. But I can assure you they will tell you a godly women will turn and run after reading that. I think you should have a talk with your pastor about this. Good luck.
 lestergass
Msg: 9 (view)

Who would you date during a massive recession?
Posted: 9/29/2008 7:07:21 PM
dang, whenyer strange ,you sure are, but way funny.
 lestergass

Posted: 9/29/2008 6:12:33 PM
(quote)I guess you'd be hot comodity in Alaska. I guess thats where women like that sort of thing(/quote) yeah, if I could ever find that e-course
 lestergass

Posted: 9/29/2008 5:21:02 PM
I hope I don't bring everyone down with talk of gloom and doom, and my apologies to the moderators, if this is the wrong forum , but the key phrase here is, who would you date? Spent most of the work day getting paid to hide somewhere out of sight, because of lack of orders. Came home to discover the bail out bill failed, with much calamity predicted in the media. Surely women wouldn't hold it against a man for not having a job, with little prospect to find another one, due to a global financial meltdown. Would a man who could "skin a buck and run a trot line" be more attractive than before, should things become truly post apocalyptic. Have been searching for an online course in country boy, but so far no luck.
 lestergass

Is it possible to ahve a relationship like Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward in todays time?
Posted: 9/29/2008 3:45:31 AM
see," Am I Broken", in the Broken hearts forum.
 lestergass
Msg: 923 (view)

Posted: 9/28/2008 3:16:40 PM
damn, i misspelled one & left out a comma.
 lestergass
Msg: 922 (view)

Posted: 9/28/2008 3:11:41 PM
man, 37 pages of this stuff, & silly me mentioned spelling in my profile. here's my two cents worth. guys that have worked with their (pretty sure thats the right their) hands their entire lives don't have a lot of experience spelling words they have been using their whole lives. the purpose of speaking or writing, is to communicate, if that is accomplished, the rest of the rules & regulations is bull...t to me. having said that, i would say punctuation is more important than spelling, because that tells the reader more about how the text is meant to read than any of that i before e stuff. but, i still use spellcheck so i don't look like a moron. i tend to use a lot of lottas, kindas, & gonna, 'cause that more closely resembles speech to me. not using caps seems more informal, plus it's on less key to hunt for. being as the whole computer thing is new to me ,(typing too) this thread (new word i just learned) has helped. maybe i'll reconsider the "gonna" & caps thing.

Show ALL Forums