Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Can't find someones profile
 runningout
Msg: 5 (view)

Can't find someones profile
Posted: 7/2/2017 5:38:33 PM
Relax young grasshopper. Some people hide their profiles when they aren't online.
 runningout
Msg: 7 (view)

So I think I'm a leper.
Posted: 5/14/2017 10:50:11 AM
What makes you think it is your profile and not the women you are contacting and/or your opening messages? Most women on here who are looking for a relationship would even look twice at a man in his 30's whose longest relationship is under a year, is not looking for anything serious, and labels himself as a class clown? You need to do a search for women who aren't looking for a relationship as well and contact them.
 runningout
Msg: 14 (view)

Bf dumped me via text
Posted: 5/14/2017 10:40:37 AM
What advice are you looking for? According to you, he is a lying druggie. What advice could you possibly need?
 runningout
Msg: 4 (view)

Single moms and babysitters
Posted: 5/7/2017 2:21:36 PM
You should tell that to my former co-worker Tina who had the same mind set as you. The 14 yr old girl's grandfather was home across the hall, so Tina thought everything would be fine. She didn't count on the 14 yr old talking on the phone for hours while the three year old tried to bath the 18 month old. Tinba came home to a dead 18 month old. Even though this happened 23 years ago, it still brings tears to my eyes when I think about it, so i cant imagine how Tina delt with it. Yes, this kind of stuff rarely happens, but it does happen.
 runningout

She dumped me, and she updates her relationship status with another guy the same day
Posted: 5/7/2017 1:17:39 PM
Possibility you were wrong...yup, probability you were wrong...nope.

If she comes back to you crawling across razor blades and begging to have you back, stomp on her fingers and run fast. Don't worry, even if you hadn't have said shit about the FB date, she would have found something else to break up over in time.
 runningout
Msg: 17 (view)

Really bad mixed signals
Posted: 5/7/2017 10:15:11 AM
The best part of your two posts was you saying he wasn't even attractive OP. I don't know many chicks that spread their legsvfor unattractive guys...especially after the guy talks them into sex. Your posts make no sense. First you rail on about dude staring at other chicks while you are on a date, but then you some hoe manage to sleep with him. Then after his ugly ass talks you into sex that you didn't want, you add him to FB where you find out he is exactly what you thought and others tried to tell you. But wait, apparently that doesn't bother you. You are bothered because you think he is deep sea trawling the waters of POF looking for some side fish. So then you kick his ass to the curb?

I think he is perfect for you. You need to rush to his house naked and beg him to take you back.
 runningout
Msg: 10 (view)

Why would a girl message me again a month later
Posted: 5/7/2017 9:48:38 AM
Considering that you have given her your number and she didn't contact you, don't give her any more thought. She was probably drunk and sent flirts to every guy in the area.
 Runningout
Msg: 27 (view)

Dating someone who has had casual sex?
Posted: 5/6/2017 6:26:29 PM
I am not understanding what your issue is. Big deal.....they had casual sex. I would be more concerned if they had a habit of cheating not casual sex. It is rare nowadays to find someone who has not had casual sex at least once.
 runningout
Msg: 6 (view)

How many guys are you talking to?
Posted: 5/6/2017 12:17:17 PM
Your perception is severely distorted. Do you not think it is highly psycho to tell someone you have not met in real life and you have only chatted online that they cannot talk with other people? I think you need to find the definition of player. Just because someone is chatting with multiple people, does nt mean something nefarious is happening.

Since this seems to be an issue with you, maybe online dating is not for you
 runningout

A guy has never asked for my number before
Posted: 5/6/2017 12:02:26 PM
I realize you are young, but someone who does not ask for your phone number may still find you attractive. He may be shy. If you see a guy who is attractive, go talk with him.
 runningout

Woman invites me to her place to meet (date?) for the first time. Good or Bad idea?
Posted: 4/24/2017 2:52:29 AM
It doesn't say much for her as a mother or for having self respect. She doesn't know you. You could harm her and her child. As well, she could be setting you up for a beating or a mugging. If she can't get out for a first meet because of health problems, is your relationship just going to be in the house?
 runningout

what is wrong?
Posted: 4/23/2017 5:35:31 AM
There is a lot of good information here https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts3133546.aspx
You are probably typing a word that is tripping the site's censoring system.
 runningout

Upgrade problem
Posted: 4/23/2017 4:55:45 AM
You had mentioned something about transferring your subscription to your new account. POF generally doesn't do that as once an account is cancelled, they have no way of knowing if the user closed the account or if it was terminated by POF. Unfortunately all the things you are claiming are on the upgrade page can't in the TOS. Just because you didn't see them, doesn't mean they aren't there. You could try to sue for the renewal provided you cancelled your profile prior to the renewal.
 runningout

he invites me over and comes to my house but still no number
Posted: 4/22/2017 3:11:49 PM
Have you asked him for his number? I hate the phone and would not give my number unless I was asked.
 runningout
Msg: 16 (view)

Dating advice for a newbie
Posted: 4/22/2017 2:59:46 PM
I am with Nestaron on this one. A lie is a lie. But on the same note, OP, you are no better. You made this account for help supposedly, but you felt the need to upload pics and create an actual profile. Stupid is as stupid does.
 runningout

Upgrade problem
Posted: 4/22/2017 2:44:34 PM
As per POF FAQ's

How do I Manage My Upgrade
Go to My Account if your upgrade was purchased via itunes it must be managed via Itunes Apple Store.

Personally, I think you were better off when you had given up on getting a refund. I saw nothing about deleting your account to stop being charged. Customer service will probably do nothing as they would have no way of knowing if you deleted your account or if your account was deleted due to to misuse.
 runningout
Msg: 13 (view)

Is it shallow.......
Posted: 4/22/2017 2:09:48 PM
Sexual compatability is an important part of a relationship. If it comes down to a size thing, the person is probably aware of the issue. It is not like it is something that can be worked on, so it is not shallow. Now breaking up with someone because you didn't like their name or their laugh is shallow and both things I have done.
 runningout
Msg: 15 (view)

Date has staring problems?
Posted: 4/22/2017 2:03:49 PM
I am guilty of this OP. Sadly, I don't know why I do it. I chalk it up to used to being single and I don't realize I do it. I haven't cheated on any of my a boyfriends and it was not like I wasn't happy in the relationship at that time. Whenlose in age to you, my ex-husband almost dislocated my shoulder because I was looking at some guys ass. In my defence, what an ass that guy had.
 runningout

Why won't my new photos upload?
Posted: 4/21/2017 4:13:38 PM
https://forums.plentyoffish.com/threadlevel.aspx?postID=16617396&ref=0
Appears it is not just you.
 runningout
Msg: 2 (view)

Cannot upload photos
Posted: 4/21/2017 4:12:34 PM
https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16617404.aspx
Appears it is not just you.
 runningout
Msg: 19 (view)

Is there a time to send a second opening message?
Posted: 4/21/2017 4:07:24 PM
^^^^^^^^
Unless the site has changed Forumslady, people have the option of viewing profiles in stealth mode. This would mean "Viewed Me" is irrelevant.
 runningout

Sending messages only gets views
Posted: 4/20/2017 4:51:22 PM
While you may be ambitious IRL, nowhere is this mentioned in your profile. You are the one that said you send messages and you only get profile views. Clearly there is something in your profile shutting you down or everyone that you sent an email thinks you are hideous(probability is highly unlikely). So in short, you asked a question and I gave you two possible answers.
 runningout
Msg: 3 (view)

Update profile
Posted: 4/20/2017 7:39:27 AM
Do you think people would honestly answer that? Is that they have gone to jail or the offence committed that bothers you?
 runningout

Sending messages only gets views
Posted: 4/20/2017 7:32:44 AM
Don't take offence with what I am going to say. You have you are ambitious, but you are doing the same job for 11 years. It appears it is the only job you have had. Your highest education is high school. Most women in your age group are in university or have just finished. They are looking at establishing a career, settling down, and possibly having children. You are also in the worst age gap for using POF. See if friends or co-workers can introduce you to women.

Whatever happens OP, good luck.
 runningout
Msg: 11 (view)

Is there a time to send a second opening message?
Posted: 4/20/2017 7:24:53 AM
Nothing ventured nothing gained. How many times have you heard about the persistent guy finally getting the girl?
 runningout
Msg: 37 (view)

Older woman younger man
Posted: 4/20/2017 6:57:13 AM
It may be a you thing OP, or where you live. I have been dating a man nine years younger and I know a few women who have younger significant others. If you are relying on OLD to find them, that may be your problem as well.
 runningout

Guy keeps messaging me then blocking me
Posted: 9/11/2016 5:38:27 AM
You can't "block" a profile on here. The only thing a block does is prevents the blocked user from emailing. Try logging in from a computer and see what happens.
 runningout

Guy keeps messaging me then blocking me
Posted: 9/10/2016 2:47:11 PM
I don't know if this will work but try adding him to your favourites. Then go to who you have favourited. You should see view messages. Click that and it should open up and you should see block user. At least you can him block him.
 runningout
Msg: 10 (view)

Abandon hope all ye' who view this profile....
Posted: 9/7/2016 1:30:00 PM
You seem to already know that your pictures are doing you no favours, so why not get new ones? Personally, it doesn't matter what you write on here. Women in your age group probably don't take online dating seriously. You have so many options to meet girls IRL, whynot utilize them?
 runningout
Msg: 25 (view)

I really messed up.
Posted: 9/5/2016 3:00:56 PM
I agree with the other posters. You knew exactly what you were doing. Last time I was on Facebook, you were able to block other users. But then you say that the "text app" was still up, which makes it sound like you have moved this drama with an ex boyfriend from Facebook to text messaging. Surely a sweet innocent lass such as yourself would do that.

I have a better question. In your second profile pic, what in the fawk is in your cleavage that looks like a little penis? I mean you paid all that money for a nice rack and you couldn't chuck a little extra in to get that fixed?
 runningout
Msg: 33 (view)

Asking What to Do on a First Date Ahead of the Date?
Posted: 9/3/2016 5:20:54 AM
I agree with you Perspektiv. However, if you have read the OP's past questions and posts, you will realize she has a unique set of dynamics than most posters here(and I mean no disrespect as everyone is different in their own way). I personally believe the guy was trying to express his interest prior to the date in fear he would mess up during the date.
 runningout

Did I intimidate him?
Posted: 9/3/2016 5:15:43 AM
I don't think you intimidate him. It is probably more a reality check for him. It sounds like he has low self esteem based on his perceived image of his body. He probably feels that if you meet him, you will run down the street screaming. This is why he is comfortable with chatting online and not meeting in person. Or secretly he thinks you are a crazy stalker chick and this is why he doesn't want to meet you. Bottom line is NO ONE knows but him. Every time you make another thread about this guy, you come off as seriously obsessed. You need to put the ball in his court and ultimate him before you drive yourself nuts trying to micro analyze this guy's behaviour. You are investing way too much mental energy on someone you have never met.

Good luck with whatever happens.
 runningout
Msg: 30 (view)

Asking What to Do on a First Date Ahead of the Date?
Posted: 8/30/2016 6:15:13 PM
You are looking at this the wrong way. While it may seem odd to you and ruin the surprise, he may just be respectful. He may also look at this as breaking the stress. Imagine being a guy and wanting to express some PDA' s on a first date but scared of getting a slap or like my friend who had a few drinks, leaned in to give a fellow co-worker a kiss, she leaned away to say something to someone else, he fell off the stool and on the floor. Funniest thing that happened that night!
 runningout
Msg: 13 (view)

Is my strategy flawed?
Posted: 7/5/2016 2:55:35 AM
Only you can answer that. If it works for you then great. But as an example, I am like 15 yes older than you, clearly state I do not use this site and have no pic up. I generally get 1-2 emails daily. Now picture a half decent looking girl in your age group. Her inbox is pretty much full. She probably doesn't have time to search the site for profiles or answer any. She probably relies on meeting people in real life.
 runningout
Msg: 11 (view)

Fingernails
Posted: 7/4/2016 1:34:43 PM
I notice hands a lot. I think long nails on men are gross. I also think dirty nails are gross. I have had long nails since the age of twelve. They basically are just there. I only do something with them when there is a chip
 runningout

The Meet Me feature end it PLEASE!!!!
Posted: 3/13/2016 7:28:21 AM
If you don't like the feature stop using it. Then go into your mail settings and select "no" for wanting to receive emails when someone selects yes on meet me. Remember to hit save and this will all be a bad memory.
 runningout
Msg: 81 (view)

Are women on POF actually looking for a relationship?
Posted: 3/12/2016 11:19:03 AM
You are somewhat right NWOK.

As an example, I have no pic up. I generally get at least 3 emails a day. They generally just say "Hi" or "Hey". I have stated on my profile that I am in a relationship and here for forums only. If I were on here looking for a relationship, I would make first contact. This is what I have always done. I have a low stupidity meter and have always approached guys first to save them from opening their mouths and brain falling out syndrome.
 runningout
Msg: 19 (view)

Removing profile pic?
Posted: 3/12/2016 10:43:12 AM
Speaking for myself, I wasted no time on your profile. Unlike you, I have comprehension. If you don't want your shit out there, don't make posts in the forum.

As an aside, I have a boyfriend younger than you, a house, 2005 car and a 2016 car in the driveway so how is your life working for you? Lmfao
 runningout
Msg: 17 (view)

Removing profile pic?
Posted: 3/12/2016 4:12:06 AM
LMFAO Letitia. I would guess if a man was gonna be a sugar daddy, he would look for someone younger and hotter. Oh well, maybe she will find a KD daddy.

OP,

People do things for all kinds of reasons. Most important is that she hasn't been online for about a week. This is key.
 runningout

Review my profile please
Posted: 3/12/2016 2:46:00 AM
If you are getting responses, it might not be your profile.
When I read your opening post, the only thing I see is this "One had led to a second date and then she got flakey even though it seemed the first two went well.". If you went on a second date, then the first two wouldn't go well.

Back to your profile. Your pictures are fine. Your face is visible and you are smiling. You have over a year for longest year. To some, this may be an issue as it looks like you are either a player or commitment phone.

Things to remove:
Take out the word sincere. Time will prove if you are or not.
Best friend and confidant. Do you want a relationship or friend?
The whole electrician sentence. We already know you are an electrician, it says in the top of your profile. The working with hands just sounds creepy.

Enjoy meeting new people and making new friends. Again, do you want friends or a relationship?
The whole most people sentence. Most people say the same about me, doesn't mean I can maintain a relationship.

Use your about me to expand on who you are. Things you like to do and the type of girl you are looking for.

Good luck OP.
 runningout
Msg: 39 (view)

White shoes are bad?
Posted: 3/11/2016 5:10:56 PM
I particularly liked NJ's quote of "literary" and Caba's use of "Hike-oo" just about made me spew my beer. Well played guys. You should do the "NJ and Cabs" hour.
 runningout

Did I blow it with her?
Posted: 3/11/2016 2:47:29 PM
Women like confidence. Put your fawking man drawers and grow a set. You are so wishy washy and all over the place in this post. If you are interested in someone, then tell them. Stand up for what you want.
 runningout
Msg: 32 (view)

White shoes are bad?
Posted: 3/11/2016 2:27:11 PM

usually I wear sandals with white socks

Say it isn't so! That's worse than white shoes. Why wear socks with sandals?
 runningout
Msg: 26 (view)

White shoes are bad?
Posted: 3/11/2016 2:03:09 AM
You have nothing to put your foot down over. Cost is irrelevant to the issue. It is your style so own it. There is nothing wrong with wearing sneakers with street clothes. I am sure you pull it off quite well.
 runningout

Should send another message or just go and hope for the best?
Posted: 3/10/2016 1:31:05 PM
None of us can know what she is thinking. As an example, I hate chatting online. I tend to read emails but not answer them. If you emailed me, I would read the email and say to myself, "Cool, he is going to the conference, I will see him there". Doesn't necessarily mean I am interested or not interested.

Do not email her again.

Good luck OP.
 runningout
Msg: 12 (view)

Eczema dating
Posted: 3/10/2016 2:25:38 AM

Sez the racist...GOTCHA.....

Who exactly is she racist against? The reptiles? She calls you out about your insulting, bull shyt, noncontributing posts and the best you can do is try to pull the race card. Gawd, I can't wait 'til you get deleted again.
 runningout
Msg: 3 (view)

Eczema dating
Posted: 3/9/2016 5:23:07 PM
It depends on what level you are talking. My ex had it on his back and legs. It was mild and more or less extremely itchy. I worked with someone who had severe eczema on her hands and forearms. It was usually split and seeping. She had to go for tar treatments.
 runningout

White shoes are bad?
Posted: 3/9/2016 5:19:06 PM
I hate white dress shoes. They make my eyes bleed. My bf wears white sneakers and i hardly notice.

If some chick chooses not to date you based on your clothing choices(provided we aren't talking about jogging pants in public), you are probably better off.
 runningout

stop with the endless messages and ask me out already
Posted: 3/8/2016 1:55:51 AM
As he said, put some effort into this. Email men who you are interested in. You have no one to blame for having your time wasted but yourself. You allowed this to happen.

As for why join a dating site to not date, you have to realize that this site was more like a social site. I joined this site in 2006 and have dated one person in that time. I mainly used this site to instant message when bored and then i discovered the forums.
 runningout

Review my profile please
Posted: 3/5/2016 9:03:18 AM
I gave you my initial reaction. Sarcasm is not an issue with me. I am sarcastic and so is my boyfriend. To the right girl, she won't have an issue either. But, I am not a sarcastic idiot/assholio. You have come to a dating site to presumably date based on what you are looking for yet nothing states what you want. What do you expect from women? That they will just base everything on looks and your inbox will be filled with flirts?

Show ALL Forums