Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Using the favorites list to stalk someone
 rdunton
Msg: 19 (view)

Using the favorites list to stalk someone
Posted: 4/21/2012 6:56:39 PM
I don't understand the problem with putting someone on your favorites. I thought the favorites page was for just this purpose. If you come across a profile while searching the site and you want to get back to that person's profile later, putting that person in favorites is a good way to get back to that profile. Isn't that what it is for? By the way, ever heard of bookmarking a site. What's next? Are we going to find a way to prevent people from bookmarking our profiles? How absurd.
They can accomplish the same thing by bookmarking your profile. It's unbelievable how untrusting of others we have become as a society to think that everyone that favorites you is "stalking" you.if someone is interested in you, they may favorite you too. seriously, this is a dating site. Aren't we here because we want people to be interested in our profile and send us a message? What's the harm in putting someone on our favorites?
 rdunton
Msg: 122 (view)

Do men prefer long hair or short (on your head)
Posted: 6/30/2011 11:32:18 PM

I think it is likely that people comment on gwen's hair because it is so long and unusual.

Your right, it is long and unusual for a women her age to have such long hair, but IMO, that also makes her LOOK much younger than she is. Long hair doesn't age women. In fact, I have seen many women with long hair that looked YOUNGER and when they cut their hair short, they looked OLDER, sometimes significantly.
 rdunton
Msg: 121 (view)

Posted: 6/30/2011 10:40:07 PM
Do all men, or even most, want a woman with waist length hair?

Where in my comment was waist length hair mentioned? Was that an assumption that you made? In fact, I specifically mentioned shoulder length or a little longer. Women with hair that is longer than shoulder length usually look great, but shoulder length is fine for most women. When a woman looks like a man from the back, that is too short. Pixies, boycuts, and shaved heads ARE NOT flattering to most women.
 rdunton
Msg: 120 (view)

Posted: 6/30/2011 10:32:23 PM
I can no longer edit my original posting, but I wanted to change some things in it. The original posting is supposed to be deleted. That is why I am re-posting my original message with the corrections I made.

When my hair was short, and it has been very short, not one stranger ever stopped me in a public place to tell me how good my hair looked.

The most likely reason is that your hair probably didn't look as good short.

There is a reason men don't ask other men about their looks? We could care less what other men think. We want to know what women think? Most men are trying to attract women, so why would we want input from another guy about our looks? However, for women, it doesn't seem to work that way. Most women strongly value input from other women about their looks. For most women, they are trying to attract a man. Why do women care so much about what other women think? For some reason, women love to see other women cut their hair off. Whether it actually looks good or not doesn't matter. For many women, they get some kind of thrill from seeing their peers with short hair. It seems that most of the women that think other women would look great with short hair already have short hair. These women with short hair know that the other women with long hair are more attractive to men and they don't want the additional competition. If a women with short hair can convince a woman with long hair to cut her hair short, she eliminates the attractiveness factor that women with long hair have with most men.

Most women DO NOT look better with short hair regardless of what your peers or your stylist may tell you. For many of you, it actually makes you LOOK older. If that is what you want, short hair is the way to go. For most of you, shoulder length hair or longer is definitely a better look for you.
 rdunton
Msg: 119 (view)

Posted: 6/30/2011 9:39:42 PM
When my hair was short, and it has been very short, not one stranger ever stopped me in a public place to tell me how good my hair looked.

The most likely reason is that your hair probably didn't look as good short.

There is a reason men don't ask other men about their looks? We could care less what other men think. We want to know what women think? Most men are trying to attract women, so why would we want input from another guy about our looks? However, for women, it doesn't seem to work that way. Most women strongly value input from other women about their looks. For most women, they are trying to attract a man. Why do women care so much about what other women think? For some reason, women love to see other women cut their hair off. Whether it actually looks good or not doesn't matter. For many women, they get some kind of thrill from seeing their peers with short hair. It seems that most of the women that think other women would look great with short hair already have short hair. These women with short hair know that the other women with long hair are more attractive to men and they don't want the additional competition. If they can convince another woman to cut her hair short, that is one less woman with long hair, that otherwise would be more attractive to most men. For most of you women, you DO NOT look better with short hair regardless of what your peers or your stylist may tell you. For many of you, it actually makes you LOOK older. If that is what you want, short hair is the way to go. For most of you, shoulder length hair or maybe longer is definitely a better look for you.
 rdunton
Msg: 114 (view)

Posted: 6/18/2011 12:44:40 AM
Why is it that women think it is OK for them to have a height preference for men, but if men have a preference for women with long hair, they get all upset over that. It's not a one-way street. Either it is OK for both men and women to have preferences for appearance or its NOT OK for either men or women to have preferences. As the saying goes, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.
 rdunton
Msg: 605 (view)

Very long hair on a woman is very femine and sexy, but few women have long hair
Posted: 2/3/2010 6:59:33 AM
You keep hearing that looks fade over time, which is true, but it seems that some women chose to hurry the process by cutting their hair off. You keep hearing women say they wish they looked younger. For most women, the answer is to grow your hair longer, not cut it off. I have seen some women in their late 40s and 50s that looked 10-15 years YOUNGER because they have long hair. I have seen many women go from longer (shoulder length or longer) to short and they have only managed to become less attractive and usually appeared OLDER to me. Why do women care how they look to other women? Isn't the objective for most women to attract men? For some reason, some women do the opposite of what men like and then wonder why they get less interest from men. Yes, you might consider that shallow. However, many men consider it shallow that many women have a height requirement in their profile. The length of your hair is something you can control. We can not control our height. Who is really being shallow here?
 rdunton
Msg: 579 (view)

Posted: 1/14/2010 6:47:39 AM
^^^^^^^What are you, a hairstylist? Of course hairstylists think short hair looks good on women. Because a woman has to come in more frequently to keep the short 'do, the stylist increases their bank account while the woman who gets chopped (and keeps it that way) decreases her bank account.

I asked my sister (who is 23) about a picture of a friend of mine. This woman is 23-24. I didn't tell my sister that, but I showed her the most recent picture of my friend and asked her how old she looked. This was her answer: I would say she looks about 40. I told her she is around your age. Her answer: No way. She looks much older than someone my age. I showed my sister a picture before the chop and she told me that in that picture she looks to be around my age. So, in fact, long hair does not age ALL women. According to my sister, short hair drastically aged this woman who is a friend of mine.

Short hair has THREE benefits:

1) it makes many women look OLDER (not younger)
2) to keep it short, the stylist increases their bank account
3) the woman (who gets the chop) decreases her own bank account

These all sound like benefits to me. What do you think?
 rdunton
Msg: 564 (view)

Posted: 1/1/2010 12:37:32 PM
Lets think of it this way. Many men are attracted to women with long hair like many women are attracted to men with good jobs and cars. Many men prefer women who look more feminine, just like many women prefer men who are taller.
 rdunton
Msg: 563 (view)

Posted: 1/1/2010 12:02:10 PM
I agree. Short hair doesn't look as good as longer hair on any woman I have ever seen. I have never seen any woman who had hair that was shoulder length or longer and cut it chin length or shorter and looked as good as she did before. Sorry to inform you ladies, regardless of what your stylist might tell you, short hair does not make you look any younger, prettier, or more sophisticated. In many cases, it is my belief that a stylist is more interested in their bank account instead of making you look better. If a stylist can convince a woman to cut their hair short, they know they have a frequent repeat client because short hair needs to be cut every two to three weeks to keep it short. If a woman has longer hair though, she often can go six months or so without cutting it. What is going to help the stylist more financially? A women that gets her hair cut every two to three weeks or the woman who is getting her hair cut every six months or so. Maybe not for all stylists, but for many of them, convincing a woman to cut her long hair is more about their bank accounts instead of how you will look.
 rdunton
Msg: 489 (view)

Posted: 11/11/2009 7:10:14 PM
There is a reason that many stylists want women to cut off their hair and it has nothing to do with looking better. It's strictly monetary. If a woman has her hair cut short, she has to visit her stylist much more frequently in order to keep the new short 'do. Women with long hair visit their stylists every six months or so. Women with short hair have to visit their stylist every few weeks. Every time she visits the stylist, her stylist makes more money. It's not necessarily because the woman would look better with a short 'do, but because the stylists' bank account looks better if women cut their hair short.
 rdunton
Msg: 74 (view)

Old TV Shows
Posted: 10/5/2009 4:02:20 PM
I liked alot of the older TV shows. They are much better than some of the garbage on TV now. My most favorite older TV show is Perfect Strangers. Thankfully, they released the 1st and 2nd season on DVD. I'm hoping for more seasons to be released.
 rdunton
Msg: 68 (view)

When do you go from divorced to being single again?
Posted: 10/5/2009 3:40:56 PM
^^^^^ agree 100%.

I have never been married, so I am single. Someone that has been divorced better chose divorced for their status or else it is deceptive. That is why the divorced option is there. If it was the same, why would the 'divorced' option exist? It is not the same. When someone is divorced, they were married at one time. Sometimes there are kids involved, but there is always an ex involved. By putting single when you are divorced, it is a lie because you are deceiving the potential partner about an important part of your life. At that point, it makes many potential partners wonder what other things you are going to chose to deceive them about.
 rdunton
Msg: 446 (view)

Posted: 9/30/2009 7:15:39 PM
I am referring to the people who are stating that a woman is only attractive with long hair and there is no exception.

I am not aware that anyone has stated that.

I will stick by what I said.

I am very aware of my own postings. Maybe it is you that needs to read and comprehend them.

I have never seen any woman that looks better with short hair

I will stick by this. I have never stated that women don't look OK with short hair, but I will state as I have before that I have never seen any women that look BETTER with short hair. Maybe some people think that women that have went short look better, but I do not. All those examples I was given do not look better to me with short hair.

A short man could be drop dead gorgeous, and desirable, but simply fall short of a woman's personal preference for height. She could still find him "attractive" and "masculine", but simply not entirely "desirable".

Really. Apparently you haven't read many profiles from women on here. For many of them height is a rigid requirement that they will not give an inch on (pardon the pun). What I have stated is a preference for women with long hair (defined by me as SL or longer; maybe much different for other guys). This is a preference of mine, but not a requirement. However, when it says on many women's profiles that they will not date anyone under 5'9 or 6'0 or 6'3, that sounds suspiciously like a requirement, don't you think?

I just proved how narrow minded at least one poster in this thread is...

Wow. Your 'my way or the highway' mentality seems to be much more narrow minded than my personal preferences. Here you are calling me narrow minded because I don't agree with your personal preferences. There is a reason they are called personal preferences, because they are personal. You and another man on here disagree with me, but I have not in any way tried to make you guys look bad. However, both of you have tried to make me look like the 'bad guy' on several occasions. So then, who are the narrow minded ones here? I think its kind of obvious.
 rdunton
Msg: 444 (view)

Posted: 9/30/2009 11:00:58 AM
Hair doesn't make the woman.......

That's true, but then again, height doesn't make a man, but many women I have talked to think it does.

Just like most women like men that are taller, many men like women with longer hair. That's just the way it is.
 rdunton
Msg: 434 (view)

Posted: 9/29/2009 11:05:58 AM
I am referring to the people who are stating that a woman is only attractive with long hair and there is no exception.

I am not aware that anyone has stated that. Some of us (myself included) have stated a preference for long hair on women. I can only speak for myself, but for me long hair on a woman would be shoulder length or longer. For some, long would probably be defined much differently. Many men do prefer women with hair longer than their own hair. That is not to say that we wouldn't be interested in a woman with short hair. However, with that being said, we still may be more interested in a woman with longer hair. If there were two women that I saw at a singles event and one has ear-length hair cut and one has SL length hair with all other being equal, I would be more inclined to approach the woman with longer hair. IMO, long hair on a woman is generally more attractive than short hair.
 rdunton
Msg: 81 (view)

Single vs. Divorced
Posted: 9/29/2009 10:16:26 AM
Or how about if you've never been married but have kids ...

You are still single if you have kids, but have never been married. There is a question on your profile for this purpose: Do you have children?

Yes, some people are going to 'weed' you out because you have kids just like some people are not going to be interested if you are divorced, but isn't it better to be honest. By being honest, you have saved yourself and the other person from further problems 'down the road.' As I stated in my previous posting, I hate being lied to and I am sure there are many others that feel the same way.
 rdunton
Msg: 79 (view)

Single vs. Divorced
Posted: 9/29/2009 9:03:56 AM
To be honest with you, someone who is divorced and puts single is false advertising too. If someone is looking for a potential partner and want to meet someone that has never been married, they are going to limit their search on POF or any other dating site to Single (which generally implies never married). If you are divorced, why don't you just tell the truth? What have you got to hide? If a woman contacted me that set her status as divorced, I would respect that more than the divorced woman that implies that she is single and never married. I hate being lied to. In my opinion, putting in a profile that you are single if you are divorced is a lie. The only time that putting single in your status when you are divorced would be acceptable to me is when their is no option for divorced. Otherwise, it is certainly misleading and I would consider it an outright lie.

If it was OK for divorced individuals to put Single, why would the Divorced option even exist.
 rdunton
Msg: 417 (view)

Posted: 9/17/2009 11:14:15 AM

i prefer women with long hair, very few women look good with short hair. just my opinion

That's my opinion too. I have never seen ONE woman who looks better with her hair short instead of long. Some women may look OK with short hair, but I haven't seen any that look better. Women almost always look better with longer hair (shoulder length or longer).
 rdunton
Msg: 3 (view)

More search options would help a lot or a keyword search
Posted: 9/17/2009 10:55:03 AM

Try the Advanced Search.

The advanced search should have several of the single options searches made into multiple option searches.

I, for one, would like the ability to search from multiple religions and not just one. As a Christian, there are several Christian denominations listed, but you can only search one at a time. Why not make it so you can do a multiple religion search?

In addition, other items that should have multiple search capability include state, possibly multiple countries (for example, someone in the US especially that lives near the border may be interested in meeting someone in Canada), marital status (someone may be interesed in meeting someone that is single or widowed, but not divorced, for example), and users with kids (for example, maybe someone is searching for someone who either doesn't have kids or if they do, they are all grown)

Why not have the capability to search for multiple options? There is no reason why we should have to complete multiple searches to find all our potential matches.
 rdunton
Msg: 109 (view)

Male Virgins? Do they exist?
Posted: 9/17/2009 9:39:36 AM
I'm a 35 year old man and I'll wait until God provides the right woman for me. I don't care how long it takes me. I will NEVER engage in pre-marital sex. Ever. Is this strange for a guy? It could be, but I have not had pre-marital sex and would prefer that the woman I meet and eventually marry (whenever that time may be) would not have engaged in pre-marital sex, but that is not a requirement. However, it is a very STRONG preference.
 rdunton
Msg: 2 (view)

Selecting multiple religions in a search
Posted: 9/10/2009 8:54:23 PM
I agree. Yous should be able to do this. I also want to find someone that is Christian, so I would like to be able to select all the Christian denominations that are listed and not have to search each denomination one by one
 rdunton
Msg: 394 (view)

Posted: 9/8/2009 4:23:24 PM
I neglected to comment on your other examples because my posting was long enough as it was. I didn't need to have a whole page devoted to my own posting.

Now that you mention it though, I will check images of all these women with long and short hair.

If you like short hair on women, then that is your personal preference. It is my personal preference that all these women looked better with long hair. IMO, none of these women you mentioned look better with short hair.

I have never seen any woman that looks better with short hair and none of these examples are changing my mind. Long hair has always been, is now, and will continue to be more feminine. Some of these women before cutting their hair had very nice looking hair. Its too bad these beauties probably cut their hair off (like many other women do) because someone told them they were getting to old to have long hair and that they would look better with the short crop. Sorry, but I don't agree with the aforementioned "logic" and will never agree.

Women say they want to look younger, but almost every woman I have seen that has cut her hair from long (SL or longer) to short (pixie, ear length, etc.) has managed to make herself look older, sometimes dramatically (5-10 years or more).
 rdunton
Msg: 393 (view)

Posted: 9/8/2009 2:01:25 PM
verityone,

A lot of your comments are so far off base. I'm not ridiculing your apparent preference for short hair on women, but some of these arguments are baseless and some of them are contradictory.

I said:

Sorry, but I strongly disagree with that. A shaved head is not a good look for any woman, no matter how confident she is or how she carries herself.

This is part of what you had to say:

when she looked the best was just getting out of the shower with her hair slicked back. Her hair was so blond it almost looked like her head was shaven. It didn't detract from her looks at all. Same when she'd get out of the water from swimming.
Tell me you've never seen a swimsuit model with her hair wet and slicked back and found her yummy...

My response: What you described is completely different from what I described. What I was talking about is when a woman decides to shave her head bald just because she wants to and you are talking about a woman that still has hair, but it looks bald when she gets out of the shower or when she gets done swimming. Big difference.

GoodWitchBeth said:

How many Playboy Bunnies have butch haircuts?

This is another partial quote from you:

I've dated numerous models, and dated one from Toronto in the early 90's that later did a pictorial in Playboy. She had hair just slightly less than midway down her back, and I can tell you that 90 % of the time, she wore her hair up or in a ponytail

My response: This is a very contradictory argument to make. The question was "How many Playboy bunnies have butch (very short) haircuts?" If a women you dated had hair just above mid-back length, regardless of whether she wore it up most most of the time or in a ponytail, that would still be considered long, would it not. You are trying to compare a woman with short hair and one with long hair that has it up or in a ponytail. That is definitely not the same. A women that has mid-back length hair (even though she usually wears it up) has the ability to wear it down long if she wants to. How does a women with a short crop do this? IMO, this is like comparing apples to oranges.

GoodWitchBeth made another statement:

And don't tell me how much more attractive you are with pixie hair, or how your facial structure makes it so much better for you to have short hair. That's a load

Your response:

Wrong. Women with long hair often wear their hair in a ponytail and look great. I love it when a woman with long hair wears her hair up, or in a bun. It exposes her neck and jawline.
It's irresistible.

My response: Once again you are attempting to compare a woman with short hair to a woman with her long hair worn up or in a ponytail. That is not even close to the same.
 rdunton
Msg: 387 (view)

Posted: 9/8/2009 6:58:49 AM
If a woman can have a preference for the height of a man, why does it make it wrong for a man to have a personal preference regarding a woman's hair length? My preferences are not requirements. However, I see many POF profiles that women have height requirements and they state in their profile that they will not consider anyone that doesn't meet those requirements. There is a huge difference between requirements and preferences
 rdunton
Msg: 386 (view)

Posted: 9/8/2009 6:43:22 AM
cw35,

Your opinion of short hair is a NOT a majority opinion, as you seem to imply. I will state it once again because you can find it all over the POF forums and throughout the internet. Most men (including myself) PREFER long hair (which varies by man, but for me that means shoulder length or longer; not ankle length like one woman mentioned). As I have stated before, that is my personal preference. I never ridiculed the opinions of other men who prefer short hair, but you certainly have ridiculed my personal preference. As for bald women, I don't know of any men that will honestly say that a women with no hair looks better than a woman with hair SL or longer.
 rdunton
Msg: 385 (view)

Posted: 9/7/2009 11:20:06 AM

I've seen runway models with short, almost shaved, heads that are so sexy because of how they carry themselves.

Sorry, but I strongly disagree with that. A shaved head is not a good look for any woman, no matter how confident she is or how she carries herself.
 rdunton
Msg: 380 (view)

Posted: 9/7/2009 8:46:14 AM

Because, long hair on an older woman looks childish.

Absolutely not. I don't know where you heard that, but I think it was probably either from other women or from hair stylists. Hair stylists have other motives for persuading clients to go short. Not all of them do this, but I am sure that many of them do. To maintain a short hair style, women have to make more trips to their stylist. More trips to the stylist means more money for them and less money for you.
 rdunton
Msg: 379 (view)

Posted: 9/7/2009 8:26:50 AM
spicynicegirl,

If the picture on your profile is current, your hair looks nice like that. I think around shoulder length looks good on most women. Most guys (including myself) don't like the pixie cuts and ear length cuts. IMO, those look awful on most women of any age.

I'm not a big fan of chin length cuts either. I have seen some women that look OK, but I haven't seen any that look great with that length.
 rdunton
Msg: 373 (view)

Posted: 9/6/2009 5:15:36 PM
My post was made because it seems that the woman I quoted expects some kind of double standard favoring women. It seems that she was saying that men shouldn't have a personal preference for hair length on women, although it is perfectly acceptable for women to have a personal preference for men taller than themselves (I have seen this in many profiles on POF and it also happens IRL). If it is acceptable for women to have personal preferences, why isn't it acceptable for men to have them too. IMO, it should be. What's the difference?
 rdunton
Msg: 371 (view)

Posted: 9/6/2009 3:44:50 PM

How about getting to know us and not worry so much about our hair...............

Wow. This goes both ways you know. How about if women would get to know us guys and not worry so much about our height. Can't have your cake and eat it too, so to speak.

A lot of women think it is completely acceptable to put in their profile that they will only consider men that are taller than themselves, however it is somehow not OK for men to like women with long hair. What gives? At least the hair is something that women have control over. With us men, we have no ability whatsoever to change our height.

Show ALL Forums