Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Why did you message the last person you messaged?
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 21 (view)

Why did you message the last person you messaged?
Posted: 7/18/2018 10:17:40 PM
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ I added new (recent) pics earlier this year. Time was tight tonight so we're meeting for dinner tomorrow night. I'll see how the conversation goes then decide if I'll tell her we talked before.
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 364 (view)

Feminine traits
Posted: 7/18/2018 10:11:00 PM
It's interesting to see the differences between women and men. A lot of women will not respond or block a guy who calls her honey, babe etc... but most guys welcome things like that. Taking that a step further, most women don't want d*ck pics. I don't know of a guy who has complained about getting pictures of topless bOObs.
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 1589 (view)

Paying for a date
Posted: 7/18/2018 3:52:57 PM
I usually don't post links here so I don't know if this will work. I follow this person on Facebook. He gives relationship advice. Today's video is about who pays on a date -

https://www.facebook.com/derrickjaxn1/videos/1162980707188581/
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 19 (view)

Why did you message the last person you messaged?
Posted: 7/18/2018 3:51:07 PM
For the message I sent earlier, I thought she was pretty (and she is :) ). That carried over to the other pics in her profile. Very limited info though. She rather get to know someone in person. She replied, we messaged back and forth for about 30 minutes. I suggested meeting for dinner tonight. She's going to have company but we might get together for drinks after that. Or tomorrow evening. I never delete text messages. They go back for years. We exchanged numbers a little while ago. I then realized we messaged/talked on the phone two years ago. Almost went out but she said she didn't think we'd be a match because I'm not close to my parents. I don't think she remembers me.
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 13 (view)

When you can depend on them not being dependable...
Posted: 7/16/2018 6:12:19 PM

I guess I was right? Your opening post didn't mention any of this. Sounds like you were trying to date her in hopes of it going somewhere eventually? That was what I gathered.

Why even pay for dates if she's sleeping with other dudes? Let some other sucker pay for dinner and you get dessert.

Thank you for clarifying.

We dated for a month the beginning of last Summer. That faded away because she wasn't dependable. She contacted me out of the blue last month. Said she has been thinking about me and missed me so we started talking again. We went out once since then. She'll text me throughout the day and say good morning and good night most days (I message her too). I've put less time into that lately because I don't see this going anywhere. Last night I told her I told her I enjoy her company and like talking to her but I don't think she has time to date. She said I was right. Sometimes she doesn't I'm not going to cut things yet. If we go out, fine. If not, no big deal. I'm not going to make her a priority. Even the good looking woman get moved down the ladder sometimes...
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 2 (view)

Is there any interest on her part?
Posted: 7/14/2018 7:26:45 PM
I'd suggest doing something that can be taken either way (out as friends or as a date) then see how it goes if she says yes. That's worked for me many times.
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 7/14/2018 5:35:34 PM
She's made friends with my headboard a few times too! I'm find with getting stock photos and being part of the bullpen. It goes both ways. Casual dating is okay but it doesn't require texting everyday. The amount of communication should match the amount of time we see each other.
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 7/14/2018 8:11:57 AM
/\/\/\/\/\/\
Yup! You nailed it! She's a good looking woman who keeps me interested by texting pictures of what I'll be playing with when I see her again. I don't have any other options that I'm interested in so I deal with it for now. And I make two sets of plans. One with her and the one I'll most likely be doing.

I've also dated someone who was always late. I'd let her know when I was 10 minutes away from our meeting place near her house. She'd reply with "I'm on the way". Then I'd wait at least 10 minutes when I got there. I later found she lived less than 5 minutes down the street. I don't do well with people who don't respect other people's time.
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 11 (view)

What dating mode are you in?
Posted: 7/13/2018 5:02:46 PM
I'm in it for 2 but will take 3, 4, 7, 8 until 2 happens.
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 7/13/2018 4:59:05 PM
I met a women on here that I dated for about a month last year. Nice person, she's good to talk to, we have fun when we're together and good romantic chemistry but... I've learned she won't follow through with plans most of the time. I don't like to waste my time so that kind of faded away. Fast forward to this year, she contacted me after we haven't talked for about 8 months. She said she missed me and wanted to get together. I figured timing wasn't good last year so I'd give it another shot. Nope... the only thing that changed in the last year is the calendar. We've gone out once since she contacted me a few weeks ago but she texts most days. I've cut down on that because it's not worth my time. Looking back since I first met her, she's probably followed through about 1/3 of the time. I haven't cut ties yet. I'm one more cancellation away from that.
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 14 (view)

Would you recommend OLD to a single friend?
Posted: 7/8/2018 3:33:53 PM

I say send her a message of FB saying you seen her on Tinder....and you would be honored to be her first online date...
and go from there!
if no chemistry sparks and you are put in the friend zone....then offer her OLD advise....

Actually, I pretty much did that :) I told her I thought I just swiped right on her pic on Tinder then asked if was her. We made small talk then I told her I was out but could give her OLD advice later that night. I also said - In the meantime, we’ll end up on a date if you accidentally swipe right on my pic. I don't have my kids next weekend so I'm going to suggest we get together. If anything it will just be a fun night out if we go.

As to your original question. Women aren't stupid and usually not desperate enough to be conned (yeah there's some exceptions but generally they're few and far between). OLD isn't really for dating any more, it's for married men trying to cheat and flakey men who think they will be kneedeep in **** who are also not afraid to insult women for not being desperate or stupid enough to meet them. But no i wouldn't recommend any site for online interaction that is anything more than shallow unless they use niche sites.

I'd recommend it if she wants to moan about how crap men are these days and what a load of liars they are and you feel like listening to that until she gives up all faith in humanity and finally accepts that humans are the garbage of the universe and their purpose is suffering, not happiness but pain and misery and a pointless existence, and they want to extend that for some reason.

Tell us how you really feel about OLD! :)
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 9 (view)

Posted: 7/8/2018 12:28:21 PM

?Awkward? Good grief, Endless. You don't need to ask this lady to marry you! Just ask her to join you for a friendly chat, a walk in a park, a cold lemonade. NOT a date! Become reacquainted...……………...No stings attached, (LOL oops, I meant, "No strings")

Thanks for the advice! If a person isn't interested, they sometimes try to avoid a someone who asked them out. When I ask someone out IRL, it can usually be taken either way unless I know she's interested too. I could mean just friends hanging out or a date.
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 222 (view)

What's the Worst Date You Ever Had ?
Posted: 7/8/2018 10:11:42 AM

All was good, conversation flowed and I thought this guy is so great. Has everyone heard the saying "too good to be true"? Well that was this case. I made the stupid mistake of asking him why his past relationship never worked out. He told me he suspected his gal of cheating as she was acting strange. So, he proceeds to GPS her vehicle and then catches her. I was like what? You had to GPS her? So I told him prior to this he already had the answer. If you are going to GPS your partner's vehicle you know the answer already. He agreed. We parted our ways and I ran to my car. He seemed oh so normal! That was really untrusting and I could not handle that!

I think he had a reason to not trust her but wanted to verify it. I caught my ex-wife on a date with the guy that is now her second husband. I would have been blind to everything that was going on if I didn't do a little detective work. That turned into something that could be a Lifetime movie. Have to walk in the other person's shoes to know what they've gone through and why they've done certain things.
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 221 (view)

What's the Worst Date You Ever Had ?
Posted: 7/8/2018 10:06:43 AM
I haven't read the 9 pages of replies yet but definitely will. There has to be some good stuff in here!!!

I'll add two stories to this. The first was when I felt like I was having a threesome on the first date. Yup! It was me, her and her cell phone. She left her car in a parking lot near her house. The restaurant we were going to was about a half hour away. She checked it a few times during the ride there and was on it a lot at the restaurant. Before we ordered I asked if her phone wanted anything. I said it with a smile hoping she'd get the hint. Nope! Back to texting more after we ate. We were talking through all this but it was a total turn off. She asked where we were going next as we were leaving. Seemed disappointed when I told her I was going to be dropping her off. Of course she was still on the phone on the way back. I don't remember if I stopped when we got back to her car. I kept picturing the push and roll thing as we got to the lot.

The other is when I learned to be leery of profiles that only show a person from the chin up. Woman send me a message so we started talking. She just had a couple of pics. All of her face which was cute. We made plans to go out after I dropped my kids off Sunday night. She suggested a ghost walk tour which I've never been on. I told her that sounded good so she said she'd buy tickets. I thought that was nice of her to pay for our first date. Sunday afternoon she asked if I wanted her to pick me up, Wow! She paid for tickets AND she offered to drive! Something wasn't right... I declined the offer. I would be out anyway and didn't mind driving to meet her. She sent me a couple of messages as I was on the way. One said she's be standing outside her car. Another said something about two guys hitting on her. I saw red flags all over the place! It seemed like she was really selling herself. I got down there a few minutes later. I looked over and saw her across an uncrowded Walmart parking lot. GQ no longer returns my calls so I know I won't be in their magazine. But there comes a point when a person might want to know about extremes. So... a devil and angel popped up on my shoulders as I looked over and saw my date. I couldn't miss her because I'm going to estimate she weighted at least 350 pounds (at least). It's not like she was a tall woman either. All of that was on a body that might have been 5 1/2' tall. At this point devil and angel scrapping it out. Devil was saying "Drive fast!!! Keep going!!! and Save yourself!!!". Angel was saying "N0, we can not do that. You can't just leave her there". Angel won so I stopped. She suggested driving to the hotel where the tour started so I agreed. The ironic part is... the hotel was the same one I stayed at the night I got married. My wife was about 1/4 of the size of her. We got there early so we had time to talk. She told me her husband recently passed away. Like... 6 weeks before. I had to ask if she felt she should be dating so soon after he died. She told me he wouldn't want her to be sitting home alone. So the tour starts. It was a walking tour around town. I found we were always at the back of the pack. The reason was because she couldn't keep up with the casual pace everyone was walking. So I started to drag further behind so it looked like I was the one holding us up. We made it through the tour and back to her car. At that point she gave me a small gift bag. It's been years so I don't remember what was in it. Nothing expensive. Just something thoughtful that I probably mentioned I liked while we were texting. She was a very nice person but wasn't the person for me.
 Endless_Summer_Nights

Posted: 7/8/2018 9:03:39 AM
A friend is starting to get back into the dating world. She's 48 and at the end of divorce proceedings. One of her friends suggested online dating so she created a Tinder profile for her. I saw her profile as I swiped right on her photo then thought "Hey, that was...." so I contacted her on FB to give her some advice. I feel she's a really nice person who will be in a pool of piranhas if she signs up on one of these sites.

I know someone will suggest I ask her out. I've been thinking about that and probably will. Just don't want it to be awkward if she isn't interested. We're not good friends but we talk on FB and when I see her out (graduated together). I don't even know if she'd be my type.
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 1526 (view)

Get over it. Whatever 'it' may be
Posted: 7/8/2018 8:51:46 AM
Quick example of a first date, okay... second first date I had recently. We went out a few times last year. That faded away. She contacted me recently so we went out again last weekend. Had a nice dinner at a restaurant on the water while watching the sunset then fireworks after that. I paid for dinner. We later stopped for Ben and Jerry's ice cream while walking around town. She mentioned I paid for dinner so she could at least cover the ice cream.
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 141 (view)

Who Is Too Young or Too Old for You to Date?
Posted: 7/6/2018 9:24:41 PM
I think I look younger than my age (48) and definitely think and feel younger. Being with someone younger than me feels right but age is just a number. A lot of women I've dated over the last few years tend to be slightly older. There were a couple in the 50-52 range and a few in their mid-40s. How young would I go? She should at least be able to drink legally. Okay... just kidding (kind of) :) Even though I see a lot of 20-somethings I find attractive and I have a year experience being their age, realistically I'd say 30 up to the mid-50s. I feels like I was 15 a few years ago and now I'm dating women in their 50s!
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 32 (view)

School re-unions as a dating plaform - are they?
Posted: 7/6/2018 9:07:17 PM
My 30th reunion was a couple of months ago. I really didn't care if I went before that night. I was glad I did after being there for 5 minutes. Myself and most other people there had a very good time. So good that I'm organizing the next one... next year! Why wait another 10 years like we've been doing. I figure I'll pick a location and set a date then see who goes. There was over 700 students in my graduating class. About 100 showed up for the reunion.

As for hooking up with past classmates, my date that night was someone I was interested in when we were in school. Years later we started getting together occasionally. I've dated a number of women from my class after graduation. One was soon after my 20th and there are a couple that I made contact with during the last reunion that might turn into something. One of the woman there was giving me inside info on who was single and who was getting divorced.

As for looks, a number of women looked really good. They didn't change much from the day we walked out of the school doors for the last time. Some others aged pretty good and there were a few that looked totally different. The ones who smoked for years (or still do) or did drugs didn't age well. Most of the men had a lot less hair and what they have is changing color. I'm very lucky. I still have most of my hair and it's barely changing color on the sides.
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 64 (view)

Sex in the Weirdest Places!!
Posted: 7/6/2018 2:32:02 PM
I tried to become a member of the Mile High Club with my now ex-wife years ago. I even had t-shirts made. My plan was for one of us to go into bathroom then the other follow about a minute later. We'd take care of business in there then go back to our seats wearing the shirts. She didn't want to do it when the time came so I tossed the shirts in the fire when we got home. She was kind of adventurous though. Did it while standing next to a highway guardrail in Maui.

I usedto always try to find a place to get some when I lived with my parents. Couldn't do it in the house. There was a bunch of rest areas that were good for that. Well... until one night when Mr Hollywood put our car in the spotlight then came over to see what we were doing. One of his questions was "Do you want to be with him?". I knew of a few paths into the woods, back parking lots in the shadows and then there was my garage. Very simple and no change of getting caught. Just pull the car in, close the door and have fun! I started tinting the windows on my car when I was in my late teens. That allowed enough privacy to do it in the car while it was parked on the street.

I'm a little less adventurous with stuff like this now. As a teen, the cops would just tell us to move on. I'd probably end up on the news as an adult.
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 29 (view)

Would you have sex with...
Posted: 7/6/2018 9:32:22 AM
I wonder what the response would be if he said the woman and her hot female friend wanted to get together with him?
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 132 (view)

Girls Boobs vs Guys Packages
Posted: 7/5/2018 10:06:59 PM
I thought of this thread while having a conversation with a female friend a few days ago. It was in the 90s while we were out so a lot of women were dressed for those temperatures. My friend is fairly well endowed (38DD). They were fighting to escape the top she was wearing and I noticed a lot of heads turning to look as we were eating outside. I asked what it's like to have large breasts. Besides the complaints about her back hurting and having a hard time finding some clothes that fit right, she compared them to a guy with a 10" rooster walking around with a hard on while wearing sweatpants. Even the people that aren't looking will notice.

I don’t wear sweatpants so I can't relate to that analogy ;)
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 13 (view)

Places for Guys to Meet Women
Posted: 7/1/2018 5:48:58 PM

A lot of people are not serious about meeting, especially women. I've been guilty of this especially when you're inundated with male offers. It creates a false sense of "oh well, there's always tomorrow", "there's always gonna be someone else", etc. Judging from my own personal experience and the experiences of women I've spoken to, it's easier to find reasons NOT to meet or get to know someone. Too many offers is not always a good thing. It's also easier to remain single than to open oneself up emotionally to the possibility of a relationship.

It sounds like a lot of women take their messages for granted because there will aways be another batch to skim through? Looking at that as if it would happen to be... I guess it would be like shooting fish in a barrel or an endless buffet of opportunity. I don't think I would mind that but I guess it might get old after awhile.
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 5 (view)

Places for Guys to Meet Women
Posted: 6/30/2018 12:49:05 PM
You forgot the produce section in the supermarket! :)

How about non-POF dating events? A friend and I went to a Match event a few years ago. No love connections that night but two women we met there went out with us for drinks and to see a band afterwards. Another friend has tried speed dating. I'd like to try that sometime.
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 6 (view)

Meet Me's, Viewed Me's, Wants to meet me, favorites
Posted: 6/30/2018 7:50:51 AM

Meet me doesn't mean anything. The ones that want to meet me don't even respond to emails lol.

I wonder if those Meet Mes are sometimes generated by POF. I'll receive a Meet Me message then send the person a message a few minutes later. No response over 90% of the time.
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 29 (view)

Have you ever been zombied?
Posted: 6/30/2018 7:47:40 AM
I don't remember a lot of the woman I've dated (to many over the years). There are some that I recognize but don't know their names and then there are the ones who I remember. Our dates didn't turn into a relationship but I sometimes wonder how they are doing. Facebook makes it easy to find people based on phone contacts. I don't delete texts or numbers so I'm always seeing women I dated suggested as people I might know.
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 101 (view)

Nude beaches- thoughts and experiences
Posted: 6/30/2018 7:34:16 AM
I wanted to goto a nude beach with my wife (now ex) while we were in Maui years ago. It was more of the thrill for me than the nudist experience. She worn revealing clothes once in awhile when we went out and got into discreetly flashing me. I think a lot of that was for my benefit. At least in the beginning. Anyway, I found there was a nude beach on the island and had to ask quite a few times to get her to go. Eventually she said yes. She started off laying on her stomach with her bikini untied. She later turned over with it off. Arousing in the beginning. It was kind of no big deal after awhile but still a fun experience. As for me, I wanted us to go so my shorts came off when we got there.
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 2 (view)

Profiles
Posted: 6/28/2018 10:01:05 PM
Paying members can see when the person was last online.
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 16 (view)

Posted: 6/28/2018 9:59:58 PM
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Wondering why it was creepy? Someone from POF met my friend and I while we were out in 2012. Things went well but for some reason we didn't get together again until last year. She sent a message asking how I was doing. We remembered each other's names and dated for a few months.
 Endless_Summer_Nights

Posted: 6/26/2018 12:39:32 PM
First, for those that know what being zombied or zombieing is... it’s where someone you previously dated or were in a relationship with, ghosted you, only to then resurface some time later, most likely in the form of some sort of social media interaction or text message. Essentially coming back from the dead had a few woman I've dated come back. One was someone I went on two dates with. I found she still smoked when her profile said she didn't (was "trying to quit). Between that and her big dog it was a major turn off. She contacted me again a few months ago. Just went out once after that. She still smokes and still has the dog so I was all set. Wasn't even interested in moving to the bedroom. That was more like I ghosted then she dug me up :) Another was someone I dated for a few weeks. Went from having a great time to I never heard from her again. A few weeks ago she sent me a message with small talk and saying she missed me. I don't have anything going on and I enjoyed being with her so I'm going with it.

There have been times when I've contacted women I've dated in the past. They were single so we got together to enjoy each other's company while we were single.
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 146 (view)

CLEAVAGE
Posted: 6/21/2018 7:17:45 AM
I've seen a number of profiles for very attractive woman. At first I think "Wow, she's not going to be here long!" And then two years later... Granted, the quality of some of the guys on these sites isn't great. I've heard the stories. But I'd think there would be some nice guys that would be a match. Or an azzhole or two if she wants someone like that instead. The third option is it might not be the guys that are the problem...
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 136 (view)

CLEAVAGE
Posted: 6/18/2018 10:04:21 AM
I probably wouldn't reply to a sexually suggestive message from a very attractive woman. 99% of them are escorts trying to lure guys in. This seems to be more comment with Backpage and the Craigslist services pages being shut down.

As for regular woman, it's very rare until I kind of get to know someone. I find it interesting when a woman's profile says something about no contacting them for sex or they don't want FWB or a one night stand. And then they start sending revealing pictures within a day of messaging.

I believe a good number of woman would continue a conversation with a very good looking guy that was sending them sexually suggestive messages in the beginning. I was messaging with someone on here last night. Towards the end of the night she said she really enjoyed our conversation and that most guys say something stupid in the first 4-5 messages so she'll stop talking to them. I don't do that. I can make anything sound dirty but I wait until I know someone.
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 124 (view)

hey, don't knock the knockers
Posted: 6/17/2018 1:01:46 PM
Woman say they don't want to see a guy's shirtless pictures but most men won't complain about seeing a woman in a sexy top/bikini. The same goes for pictures sent through text. Most women I've talked to say they aren't interested in d*ck pics. Men are happy to receive topless pics.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I love boobs! So I definitely notice when a woman is showing cleavage and I am more likely to click on her profile. But there is a limit. If most of her photos are featuring her boobs, then I think she's trying to hard to rely on her looks to sell herself. I think the downside of a woman's profile with great cleavage pics is a lot of other guys think the same way I do so she's probably overwhelmed with messages so mine will just be another of the hundreds she's receiving and it most likely won't be read because there is only so much time in a day. Some of those messages will be from guys who truly want to get to know her and others will be from guys who think she looks fun for a night or three. They just want to play with them and get laid.
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 114 (view)

Why do girls stop replying?
Posted: 6/17/2018 7:20:38 AM
I can tell you why I stop replying. I exchanged a few messages with a woman here the beginning of April. I sent her a message one afternoon and just received a reply that said "driving". Okay, I figured she'd reply later. She didn't and I didn't send anymore. Fast forward to the beginning of this week. She must have forgot we talked because she sent me a "first contact" type message. I replied then wished her a belated happy birthday. I later reminded her we talked a couple of months ago and told her what happened. A few days later we had this exchange -

Her - What are you doing up so late?

Me - Hi. I’m usually up until 12:30/1am. I have the app on my phone and iPad and sometimes don’t sign out so I think it might show me online when I’m not.

Her - Well i am not up until 12 30 am . I am in bed sleeping by that time, i have to get up early for work. I dont have the app on my phone or iPad, nor do i want this app on it. And rather you sign out or not thats up to you, Its a dating site and we all can go on and off when we feel like .If you texted me and i was driving thats because i was driving,,, I don't lie

I'm didn't reply to that! I was to busy running away like Forrest Gump...
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 15 (view)

5 Things That Will Immediately Kill a Perfectly Good Date Conversation
Posted: 6/16/2018 10:56:40 PM
One topic that I avoid if I want things to go well is child support. Men and women usually have totally different experiences when it comes to that and each are very passionate about it.
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 1475 (view)

Women are going to choose the best options
Posted: 6/15/2018 3:33:35 PM
/\/\/\/\/\

I'm not saying things like sex always happen but a lot of times one person might be interested in the other so that starts the conversations that lead to friendship.
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 1473 (view)

Women are going to choose the best options
Posted: 6/15/2018 2:27:04 PM

That woman is Mustang's friend. Does everyone come on to their female friends? Friends don't grow on trees, and predatory behavior is unbecoming. It's a problem with our society, and reflects the type of many men doing OLD. Women serve a purpose beyond sex.

It's not just the men who come onto their female friends, it's the women who come onto their male friends. I was out with one of my female friends a couple of months ago. We've known each other for just over 30 years. I had a crush on her in high school but wasn't very outgoing to I didn't pursue anything. We got together a few times about 10 years ago but overall we're just friends. I went with her to buy a car a few weeks before so she bought dinner/drinks when we went out one night. After we left the restaurant she suggested we go back to my house for a little while. She didn't want to watch TV. I have another female from that contacts me when she comes into town. Those trips are usually for a week or two. It can go both ways.

Some might deny this and I know it's not always the case but... a lot of men and women are friends because at least one of them was interested in the other. For most of my female friends, I've had some type of intimate relationship with them over the years. We either went out with each other for awhile, dated a little or have had a mutually satisfying physical relationship. There is one woman that I've never done anything with in the 25+ years that I've known her. It's a running joke that she's my only female friend that I haven't slept with.
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 82 (view)

I've been dating a woman since October , She just told me she has an std.....
Posted: 6/12/2018 2:54:03 PM

I do not know how it works today, back then testing positive for HIV was a death sentence. Back then we could not out a person with a positive test, they had to tell people, but they could tell them at the clinic and then we could talk to them. They could give a list of sexual partners and we could contact them not giving the name of the person who gave us the list.

This subject was all over the news when Charlie Sheen said he has HIV. It's supposed to be totally different now. There are drugs available to make the viral load undetectable. The drugs don't cure it but the person can lead a fairly normal life and their life expectancy is the same as people without the disease.
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 77 (view)

Posted: 6/11/2018 5:46:52 PM
Going back to the person I dated a few years ago. She said she likes to get to know a person to see if they talk about other people's personal lives before she reveals something very personal about herself. Like our conversation now, nobody knows who I'm talking about. But if there are mutual friends involved and I'm like "Hey, Michelle told me she has....". That wouldn't be right. I guess it's a tough situation but people should have the conversation fairly early.
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 75 (view)

Posted: 6/11/2018 5:11:19 PM
After reading ponyelvis82's post, I don't even want to pull it out to goto the bathroom!

Say you start dating someone and find that you really like them then they tell you they have an STD. Not something that goes away in a few weeks. One of the big ones that is like good luggage. They keep it for life. Would you stay with them or wish them well as they continue their dating journey?
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 310 (view)

Men who wear sunglasses in their profiles
Posted: 6/10/2018 7:40:29 AM
I'm wearing sunglasses in my current main profile pic because it was taken outside and I think it came out good. The rest of my pictures are mixed. About a 50/50 split with sunglasses and without.

The only time I wonder is if the woman just has one pic and she is wearing sunglasses.
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 43 (view)

Is it normal for guys to ask personal questions before meeting you?
Posted: 6/8/2018 9:11:18 PM
I've had dates tell me some very personal things about themselves without me asking. It just came out as part of their life story.

As for asking the number of people someone has slept with, some men (okay, a lot of men) and some women don't mind talking about it. A lot of us aren't 20 anymore. I'm wondering how people even remember their number now.
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 16 (view)

why do do many women have body type = mcdonalds combo meal?
Posted: 6/8/2018 9:04:59 PM
I had a conversation about this with one of my female friends. Athletic was one of the examples that I used. She asked how I would describe her. I think of her as being average to very slightly overweight. She reminded me she can easily run 10 miles, does very well in volleyball and has been know to carry heavy camera equipment all day. She doesn't fit the mold for what many people consider athletic but she kind of is. She'd have to carry me for 9.75 miles of that 10 mile run.

I find a lot of body types to be optimistic though. Thin = average most of the time. A lot of people who say they are average are kind of overweight. But... I guess that's kind of average now. I'd say we could tell by their pictures but a lot of people use pics that are old.
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 15 (view)

Question: Waht's With All The Porn Pics Here?
Posted: 6/8/2018 8:55:59 PM
I've been noticing this a lot lately. The "Services" section of Craigslist and the whole Backpage site has been shut down so providers can no longer advertise there. They seem to be getting creative with other ways of advertising.
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 1421 (view)

It's Economics
Posted: 6/8/2018 5:02:25 PM

if I am going to be an equal partner in the end....I want to be an equal partner from the beginning!!

I like this! Perfect!!!
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 1401 (view)

It's Economics
Posted: 6/7/2018 7:32:47 PM
I'd say one of my better dates wasn't really that expensive. I picked up a bottle of wine and cooked dinner at home. I used small candles and rose petals to make a pathway across the bathroom to the hot tub. They also circled it. More rose petals on the bedroom floor and on the bed. There were dozen roses on the headboard.. She got to look at them while she got a massage and um... other things. If I had to guess how much I spent on this I'd say less than $100. More memorable than dinner out. And no, it wasn't a first or second date :)
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 3 (view)

Did I totally screw this up?
Posted: 6/5/2018 5:00:59 PM
I think you should give him a call instead of texting. It's easier to have a regular conversation that way. Not good to discuss important things through text.

Good luck!
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 24 (view)

Wtf is dating for anyway?
Posted: 6/5/2018 4:57:28 PM
I wrote -
So I'm usually doing someone. Either by myself or with someone else.

LOL A twosome or threesome?

The one time I don't proof read! :) That should have said I'm usually doing something. Either by myself or with someone else.
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 20 (view)

Posted: 6/5/2018 2:53:31 PM
I haven't been in a long term relationship since my ex-wife and I separated 10 years ago. I enjoy living alone. I do my own thing, come and go as I please, don't have to talk to anyone if I don't want to and can leave the seat up without worrying about anyone falling in. Even going out to do things... I don't mind going solo but there are times when I like to share an experience with someone. There are also times when a date makes the night much better. Like going see a band, out for New Years Eve, holiday parties and to see fireworks. Sex can also be better with someone else. I try not to waste adult weekends when my kids aren't with me. I look at it as how many June 5ths do I have left in life? Could only be 15-20. Maybe more, maybe less. I've had a lot of great life experiences but I want to keep adding to those. So I'm usually doing someone. Either by myself or with someone else.
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 6/4/2018 10:54:35 AM

How do you get into a relationship without dating?

For me, it usually starts with a kiss. Outside of OLD, it could be hanging out with a woman I recently met through a friend. We've spent time together with our friends then one of us mentions going somewhere together. That suggestion could be taken either way, as friends or as a date. So we go out, have fun and there might be some attraction. I'm a physical/friendly person when it comes to the opposite sex so I might goof around a little and tickle her at some point. That usually results in being tickled back. Then there is a pause, a look and a kiss. And that's how it starts... Well, that's how it started for me a few times. No formal "do you want to go on a date", no $100 meals or wondering who will pay. Just two people who enjoy being with each other and doing things together. Doesn't have to be expensive and no need to impress. I like when it's like that. It feels natural.
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 6/4/2018 10:10:06 AM
A lot of my long term relationships just happened. Maybe it was a friend, co-worker or someone I met with the same interests and was getting to know as a person. We'd spend time together, then more time, then more time. Next thing we knew we were a couple. A long comes online dating when many of those options aren't as common as they used to be. I've gone out with woman I've met through OLD for one date, a few days, sometimes a few months and one was on and off for about 18 months.

Show ALL Forums