Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Whats the most TERRIBLE date you ever been on?
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 39 (view)

Whats the most TERRIBLE date you ever been on?
Posted: 7/17/2015 8:55:02 AM

Pig, you're on a roll as of late. I fully expect the next time you order a large coffee the cashier will look at you and say......what the mediums not good enough for you?

They say things run in three's so you have one more thread to go. :)

Vicki once stated that she often saw just one liners from me (wow, I'm the Henny Youngman of the forums?) so, I thought I'd expand my horizons. :)

As for the coffee, none for me, but I did get your point. Pretty funny.

Watching a gal plop down on the toilet with the door open...I laugh my a$$ off.

No shame, no humility, just another human being. She's not worried about being prim and proper.

Whadeva

Farting, Dropping an F Bomb.

Relationship milestones...

hahaha. My stating she informed of us of what she did didn't tell the whole story. I've been around some pigettes in my day, but these two took the prize. They went on about it incessantly. Plus, this was a first date. It was so bad, I was waiting for Alan Funt to come out and tell me I was on Candid Camera.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 34 (view)

Posted: 7/17/2015 7:28:49 AM

It's something called perspective -- try it.

It's called a thread title - read it.

You want perspective? As I said, read the damn thread title. Show me precisely where it suggests only dates that were worse than sexual assault were welcome.

After you do that, show me precisely where I "marginalized" sexual assault. For you to attempt to make it appear as though I had is rather f*cking despicable, but not the least bit surprising.

However, what *is* surprising is that you've rather conveniently dropped the hoity toity schtick for the purpose of making a woman crapping in the woods on a date, then talking about it in detail afterward seem trivial, yet if someone posted about a man doing the same, the forums would have been treated to one of your "broken bottle/low hanging fruit" rants.

A bit of advice - should you attempt something this lame ever again, make sure you have a leg to stand on first. Mmmkay?

p.s. Muah, boo. ;)
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 27 (view)

Posted: 7/17/2015 4:35:30 AM

What a great way to marginalize people's horrific date stories. If a woman shitting in the woods and her vulgarity about was that bad -- imagine somebody's hands around your throat and threatening to off you.

Do you see the thread title? It's open to all stories. I didn't marginalize a f*cking thing, but there was certainly the attempt to invalidate my post. Mine wasn't "terrible" enough for you or anyone else? Tough shit. I told what was "my" most terrible date, and that was it. Real simple.

If I had said "boy, I tell you, my experience was worse than a woman experiencing sexual assault", you might have a point, but that didn't happen, did it??
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 22 (view)

Posted: 7/16/2015 10:13:59 PM

I don’t get it. I don’t get it at all.

Yeah, God forbid she had asked for us to stop somewhere that actually had a bathroom. Furthermore, I refrained from quoting exactly what she said, which was horrific.

To put it into perspective, for a great many women here their most terrible dates involved sexual assault. Inconvenient timing on bowel movements seems like small potatoes.

Wonderful. I will remember that for the "Share a bad date story that is only more tragic than sexual assault" thread should it ever be created.

Wow... I now see the gorgeous Pig in a whole different light :-(

Aw, I'm sorry, babe. What was the previous light?
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 17 (view)

Posted: 7/16/2015 9:43:25 PM
It disgusts me to even share this, and I think I may have before, but oh well, here it goes..

I was fairly young, late teens. A friend asked me to go on a double date with him. A girl he already knew and her friend. I had never met the friend, so this was a blind date for me.

The friend ended up being very good looking, and we hit it off great. We were heading home, and suddenly my date told my friend to pull over. So, he did. Both girls got out of the car, and took off into the woods. My friend and I sat in the car for a good 15 minutes before the girls came back. When they did, we asked what took so long.

My date informed us that she crapped in the woods.

I chose not to see her again.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 11 (view)

POF Bought out by Match.com
Posted: 7/16/2015 5:53:34 PM

. to be replaced with pictures of feet. I would like the regime to ban those as wel.

Now, you listen here, young lady, and you listen good. I don't care what they do with the men's pictures, but they shall not ban the women's feet pictures.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 8 (view)

Kicked out boyfriend but I want him back...
Posted: 7/16/2015 2:00:39 PM
An indecisive woman. Such a rare bird.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 598 (view)

When should the woman offer to pay?
Posted: 7/16/2015 12:02:31 PM

LOL.....yeah that make her more attractive, thinking about all the guys she fracks!

haha, yes. It's funny how the human mind works at times. A guy *knows* the hooker is having sex with countless other guys, but seeing reviews would make the reality of it all sink in a bit deeper. It would still be a hilarious concept, though.

"I have mixed feelings about my experience with Olivia. Overall, it was satisfying, but there were a few issues here and there. For example, when she removed her shirt, her breasts didn't quite resemble the basketballs I had envisioned when she had her shirt on. They were more like the plastic egg containers for panty hose. Her moans also sounded like Barry White suffering from constipation. If it had not been for these two minor problems, I would have rated my time with her an enthusiastic five stars, but I'm going with a solid four."
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 595 (view)

Posted: 7/16/2015 10:36:42 AM

Wouldn't you just hate to pay for sex and discover you don't like something about her, like her spine comes out too much when riding backwards, you don't like the way her a$$hole looks or it's color, she has dimples on her back, the veins on her hands or feet stick out a bit much, etc........................bummer, lmao.

Yeah, a "user review" of some sort would come in handy here, eh?
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 582 (view)

Posted: 7/16/2015 5:51:29 AM

Paul Newman dressing.

I know most spaghetti connoisseurs find it blasphemous to use jarred sauce, but holy shit, I had some Newman's Own sauce last week, and that shit was incredible.

Carry on.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 579 (view)

Posted: 7/16/2015 5:22:57 AM
Oh shit!!! He's back!!!....and he brought his exclamation marks and CAPS WITH HIM!!!
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 10 (view)

it's not you, it's me....or is it this profile?! help!
Posted: 7/16/2015 5:19:09 AM
Glam yourself up a bit more, and take pictures. I think that will make the biggest difference, and trust me when I tell you 99% of men are not going to reject a woman they otherwise find attractive over a "cliche headline" or other such petty shit. So, don't pay attention to that nonsense.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 357 (view)

What do you think your odds are? Why? Are you o.k. about it?
Posted: 7/15/2015 4:48:38 PM

I feel like I have so little dating experience that I wouldn't be interesting to any men on the site.

Well, I have good news.

First of all, there are more men out there than just the ones on this site. Secondly, I believe there are men out there who would find a sense of purity in your lacking dating experience, but it's ultimately up to you to not let yourself feel inferior about it or it could create problems. You have to truly believe you deserve it.

You've come too far to give up any hope. F*ck the past. Just keep kicking ass. Someone will be impressed.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 351 (view)

Posted: 7/15/2015 1:58:35 PM
My penchant for logic was the driving force more than any sort of sensitivity.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 94 (view)

With POF going to a paid site shortly, will you stick around?
Posted: 7/15/2015 1:49:03 PM

I did read it. I enjoyed it. I even got a kick out of your going ballistic over the perceived "disrespect".

I am getting a kick out of your usage of the wrong words to describe my demeanor.

I have no idea what you are saying here

Paying attention would surely help. You asked if anyone sensed that Tall looked down us, and I said I sense that no one gives a f*ck, more specifically, what he thinks. For some odd reason, you had a problem with it. Why? Who the hell knows.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 92 (view)

Posted: 7/15/2015 1:37:34 PM

You're right, lets hear for the hundreth time your opinion about Ohenry being disrespected.

Which you obviously had to read in order to know. But hey, if you give a shit about a forum member looking down on you, that's your own funeral.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 349 (view)

Posted: 7/15/2015 1:27:18 PM

I'm sure a few of us has fallen into that trap, when we were young and inexperienced though.

I can honestly say only once, and I beat the everloving shit out of myself for it. Profusely ashamed. I took a lot of crap, and didn't retaliate.

I was raised by a hard as nails grandmother, and she would roll over in her grave if I ever allowed it again.

And, I do feel for her, but no dammed way I'm riding along with her on the crazy train to drama-ville.

Right on. If she has that little trust in him, she's with the wrong person.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 90 (view)

Posted: 7/15/2015 1:16:56 PM

Does anybody get the sense that Mr. Tall is a humorless, older man who looks with disdain on the rest of us?

I get the sense that nobody gives a f*ck.

highly likely, they will return to "visible" moderators.

And that is when I will make my grand departure.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 165 (view)

How can u click when both r nervous?
Posted: 7/15/2015 12:13:04 PM

Women are constantly coming up to me and telling me how much they appreciate what is inside of me.

Yeah, I can't tell you how flattering it is to have a chick approach you with "you have the sexiest aura of anyone in this entire bar."
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 346 (view)

Posted: 7/15/2015 6:22:50 AM
This isn't Pig. I am rockin-trucker. I hacked his account.

I kid.

But anyway, sure, if she is what he considers attractive, one could say he's not settling in the physical appearance aspect, but in terms of allowing disrespect, that could very well be deemed settling.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 201 (view)

Messaging Experience on PoF
Posted: 7/15/2015 6:01:20 AM

There's more to it than that but anyway. people shouldn't turn you down because of what you look like. "your appearance"

Total nonsense. You could say one was shallow if physical appearance was the only thing they were concerned about, but physical attraction matters in the equation. Period.

We've had another forum member waste tons of time and energy trying to convince others otherwise, and he failed. The same will occur for you.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 344 (view)

Posted: 7/15/2015 5:46:58 AM
So, in a nutshell. As men grow older, they can count on either getting hookers or kissing ass to gain a woman's attention, and disregarding respect (because it won't keep your warm at night, apparently) as a crucial element in a relationship??

I have just one question.

What about all that "I refuse to settle" crap we see kicked around here so often?

Hmmm.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 65 (view)

TALL IQ = MODERATE RECALL
Posted: 7/15/2015 3:20:19 AM
They need to bring back that old gameshow "To Tell the Truth" and have a "POF Forums Edition" for a week.

Make it happen, NBC. Make it happen.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 328 (view)

Posted: 7/14/2015 6:06:05 PM

So yeah, her ghosting me the first time around was not nice.

Wait a minute. You'll classify it as "not nice", but not "disrespectful"? Wow. Just wow.

Well, I think you may have found your perfect match, for you are as confusing and contradictory as you say she is.

And respect damned sure won’t keep me warm at night.

Yeah, respect. Pffft. Who needs it? Such a small factor in a relationship.

As I said earlier, this may be the funniest f*cking thread of all time.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 322 (view)

Posted: 7/14/2015 2:41:30 PM

And if an older woman has an opportunity to get laid by an attractive guy, phuck disrespect. Literally, right? :)

How about I go out with the gal's daughter -- and as long as I'm buyng her gifts, phuck my disrespect toward her. She's getting what she wants!

I am eagerly awaiting the responses to this.

I swear, this might be the most unintentionally funny thread I've ever seen here. Some of the things people have pulled out of their asses to keep their argument afloat through all of this have been comical.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 317 (view)

Posted: 7/14/2015 12:01:40 PM
Dragon, with the exception of my Doormat Syndrome comment, everything you quoted me on was *after* Henry told me he felt sorry for me and said he wouldn't want to be like me. However, I'll go over some of them again.

"encouraging people to stand up for themselves." So they are doormats?

If you don't stand up for yourself and accept disrespect. Absolutely. How is this even remotely debatable?

"simply don't take them with people who disrespect me." That is your feeling, my feeling was likely she was scared.

Come on. Leaving him hanging was disrespectful. Let's not be silly here. That's not something open to interpretation. I think most of us with a shred of sanity will agree a pile of shit smells really f*cking terrible, but I suppose there's always going to be one person in the bunch playing contrarian just to be the contrarian, and inform us of the (incredibly small) scat community.

Scared or not, she's a grown woman who could have easily LET HIM KNOW she needed to back off and evaluate. Period.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 308 (view)

Disrespect is the new respect
Posted: 7/14/2015 10:08:48 AM

^^ I find this hilarious coming from you. More than once you have stated that women are just too loose nowadays but yet it is perfectly ok if a man wants to do the same.

After a while, you'll notice posters' opinions and feelings do a complete 180 degree turn depending on the thread and who they're trying to contradict. It's funny as hell to witness, actually. Keep your eyes open. It will happen many times again, I promise.

How did “disrespect” get to be such a key issue here?

The disrespect came with the fact that she "dropped you like a hot potato". (YOUR exact words) Oh, but wait. I'm sure there was a positive meaning in your usage of the phrase. The respectful thing to do would have been for her to actually TELL you she needed to back off instead of leaving you hanging. Nutty concept, I know.

I originally wrote several paragraphs, several hundred words, refuting your claim of masochism. But I deleted them all, it’s really no one else’s business.

Well, when you find issues to be "no one else's business", perhaps it's best to not share them on a PUBLIC forum? Yes, another nutty concept. I know.

Anyone totally straight, no kinks at all, would be very boring.

This was never an issue for me. The biggest issue was in trying to tell me I was missing out on something by *not* allowing someone to come back into my life after leaving me hanging. I don't know how many more times I have to make this clear.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 90 (view)

That moment you knew you tanked the date...
Posted: 7/14/2015 4:34:52 AM

OK, now I have to ask the dumb question...what makes one think DP is a date movie?

You mean "DT"? Was there any "DP" in "DT?"? Hell, I don't recall.

But anyway, I've had much weirder dates (some actually being first ones) before.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 302 (view)

Posted: 7/14/2015 4:24:07 AM

It's not masochism.

It's not?? Surely you will elaborate on how it isn't, won't you? I'm curious as to just how you would define the very word. He has claimed the woman is "messing with his head", yet he finds pleasure in it, and wishes to continue relations with this woman. Need I say more??

You know, for a musician, you don't seem to have paid much attention to song lyrics over the last, oh 100 years.
Take a listen to Lena Horne doing "Bewitched, bothered and bewildered.".

What on Earth does this have to do with anything? A song is supposed to make me look at this differently?? You've got to be kidding me.

I would also like to expound on what NorwegianGuy has brought to the table. If you find Henry's situation something so delightful and worthy of envy, would you wish it for your own children? Would you be so willing to give the benefit of doubt to the person "messing with their head"?
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 300 (view)

Posted: 7/13/2015 11:00:19 PM

. I suspect that she enjoys the fact that I allow her to play games, to fool around confusing and confounding me. She enjoys doing it, she is having a great time messing with my head.

See, I'm wondering how many people even read that part of his post. That is irrefutable masochism.

For the umpteenth time, if that's your thing, more power to you. Just don't tell me *I* should want it, too, or I'm a fool for not seeing the romantic beauty in it, which is essentially what Henry has done.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 87 (view)

Dating sites good or bad for dating self esteem?
Posted: 7/13/2015 5:03:03 PM
Ok, Oluben. Here's what I would have come up with if I had poetically approached a woman here....haha.

You have caught my eye, lovely forumite.
Would you care to go out with me tonight?
I would be elated to have a date with you.
We'll take a stroll down Pork Avenue.
I may be a swine, but your feelings for me will grow.
We'll go back to my pig pen, no one has to know.

Eat your heart out, Shakespeare.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 292 (view)

Posted: 7/13/2015 4:16:07 PM

It's just not cool to try and sell it to others as something else. I think that's where the confusion is here.

Exactamundo. That's been my point all along. If Henry had said something along the lines of "hey, I understand my way of handling this isn't for everyone", this exchange would have ceased long ago. But no, I was condescendingly told I was pitied initially for not finding the appeal in tolerating disrespect just to gain someone's attention, then it was changed to "I wouldn't want to be like you." Yet ironically, *I* was called out for what was perceived as attempting to pass my feelings off as golden rule and labeled judgmental. Say what?!

I find it hilarious and baffling that there's even a hint of backlash over my encouraging people to stand up for themselves.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 85 (view)

Posted: 7/13/2015 12:55:59 PM

I'm embarassed now. In my head "sex" rhymed with "text". Poetry is hard. How about this:

NJ girl one-one-six
I like your new pix
It looks like it was taken on the New Jersey Turnpike
How about sometime, me and you skype?

haha. Dude, you're almost there. Try again.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 286 (view)

Posted: 7/13/2015 12:41:58 PM

Your statement implies that how you feel about something is the gold standard of how everyone should feel. That isn't the case.

I believe the average person would most definitely consider it disrespectful to not return someone's calls or texts after two dates. You're saying it's debatable???

I am less judgmental than you

Please. Having an opinion on the matter makes me "judgmental"? That's a rather cheap invalidation tactic.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 281 (view)

Posted: 7/13/2015 11:44:21 AM

You are assuming it has something to do with disrespecting you.

Assuming? She ignored him for 22 days after two dates. If that's not disrespect, I don't know what is. If this had happened to me, the woman would have never been given the opportunity to speak to me again, let alone get a second chance at dating me. As I said, I don't have time for anyone who feels the most mature way of handling things is vanishing for 22 days.

Pig, another thing you mentioned I don't really understand is a fear of time he wastes with a game player.

Well, there are surely few guarantees in life, and sometimes things aren't always predictable, but my point was, aren't you better off with someone you're uncertain of whether they will shit on you or with someone you know very likely will?? Keep in mind, Henry is already predicting disaster, and that in itself speaks volumes about the woman.

I guess it's all an individual decision, but I know what I would choose.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 153 (view)

Is a relationship 50-50? Financially speaking?
Posted: 7/13/2015 11:20:55 AM

1. Collect all phones at the beginning of the meal and place them in a basket in the middle of the table.
2. First one who picks up or answers their phone pays the WHOLE bill for everyone.
3. Watch 'em squirm. No excuses! No negotiations. No 'checking the time' or using the camera. They who picks up, pays.
4. If you make it thru dessert or a time when people HAVE to leave, then split the checks and give the phones back.

I wouldn't be able to participate. I always leave my cellphone in the car when I go out, and almost every time I go out, I see the same shit weekend after weekend. People taking pictures the entire night.

To the people who see these pictures on Facebook (or any other site) it looks like these individuals are having the times of their lives, but in reality, they didn't do much other than take pictures to create an illusion.

Yeehaw.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 277 (view)

Posted: 7/13/2015 10:54:39 AM

Some interesting viewpoints here. Pig thinks I am letting some woman “stomp on my balls”, but that is just a matter of viewpoint, and he is certainly entitled to his. He was also upset about me saying that I felt sorry for him. So I will retract those words, and restate as, “I wouldn’t want to be like you.” Meaning, so unwilling to take a chance.

You wouldn't want to be like me....hmmm. I've had a pretty damn good life.

I never said a word about objecting to taking chances. I simply don't take them with people who disrespect me. Why is this point not getting through?

NorwegianGuy thinks it’s okay if I’m getting sex, and not letting my emotions get involved. Let me assure you, it’s worth it. A million times over. And it’s even better when your emotions ARE involved. Don’t worry, you’re still young. If you’re lucky, eventually you will learn.

If he's lucky? He will eventually "learn"? See, this is what I'm not understanding. Why are you trying to condescendingly sell your situation as something wonderful to people who don't believe it is?
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 129 (view)

Is a relationship 50-50? Financially speaking?
Posted: 7/13/2015 4:14:40 AM

If someone actually told me "I want to keep it to a half hour" I wouldn't go on the date.

Neither would I.

I can easily imagine a dipshit like this telling me "Ok, I've got our conversation broken into six five minutes sections. First, we'll talk about politics and religion. The next five minutes we'll devote to past relationships....", and so on, and so on.

Keep your "structured" ass away from me, you goofy f*ck.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 271 (view)

Posted: 7/13/2015 2:02:17 AM

I think I've been misunderstood here. I absolutely understand the allure of taking risks. Look at me. Do I look like someone who has played it completely safe their entire life? I just don't believe in taking *stupid* risks.

Taking a risk - taking one paycheck to Vegas to for a night of gambling.
Stupid risk - taking your life savings to Vegas for a night of gambling.

The relationship Henry has chosen to pursue has started with disrespect. That, to me, is the biggest issue here. Not the idea of taking a risk in itself.

Someone ignoring you for 22 days after two dates isn't a trivial matter to me. That's a very loud and clear "f*ck you". Unless there was a family emergency or a personal health issue of her own, I don't know of a single good excuse for it. Oh, she got "scared"? "Too much too soon?" Well, I would have to question the emotional maturity of someone her age who would bring those excuses to the table, and decide that vanishing for 22 days was the best way to handle it.

Anyone who would put up with this shit is letting desperation or masochism lead the way. There's no other way to put it.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 260 (view)

Posted: 7/12/2015 1:56:37 PM

^^^Wasn't I being optimistic enough?

I didn't see your post until after I posted mine, but yes, your is a balanced outlook for the most part. Oh, and I haven't had access to free Disney passes since the 90's, by the way....haha.

because I am hoping Henry can continue WITHOUT getting emotionally vested.

Judging by his posts, I'd venture to say he's already been sucked in. He's acknowledged that he envisions it turning out badly and getting hurt, yet sees something wonderful about it. To me, that's masochism, especially when you're aware that it could be avoided.

Again, if that's your thing, great. I know there are guys out there who enjoy getting their balls stomped on (literally) by women in heels. I don't get that either, but whatever floats your boat, I say. Just don't tell me I'm missing out on something spectacular when I don't see it that way.

Bottom line, I still think what she did sucked, no matter how anyone tries to slice and dice it.

Pig if you want to apply logic to every woman you meet, that is your perogative and more power to you. But have you ever been in the situation where logic "got kicked to the curb" and it was all about the "here and now"?

Where I was blatantly disrespected at the very beginning of it all?? No, and I do not feel I've missed out on anything as a result.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 257 (view)

Posted: 7/12/2015 1:28:20 PM

Nobody needs to ascribe dark emotional scars to his perspective.

It was a lame tactic to suggest I am coming from an irrational and angry perspective based on personal experience rather than simply coming from a place of logic, but, oh well.

I'm still waiting to hear why there's an optimistic "hey, anything can happen" attitude toward his situation with this particular woman, but not one for the idea of him finding someone else he can actually trust (because at this juncture he doesn't), who doesn't disrespect him before the relationship even takes off.

Anyone?
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 81 (view)

Posted: 7/12/2015 1:17:00 PM

Sorry about the typos, site won't let me edit.

I found a way around this.

If you go back and re-do the quote tags, it will go through.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 252 (view)

Posted: 7/12/2015 9:46:05 AM

Pig must have really gotten jerked around in the past.

You are incorrect. I simply stated what I disagreed with about the scenario and why, and it snowballed from there, to the point of being told my desire to *not* be in the same scenario was deserving of sympathy, which is absolutely absurd. I still find nothing wise, beautiful, or romantic about this, and won't ever allow it in my own life.

It's just utterly mindblowing to know that if the tables were turned, there would be an avalanche of "kick him to the curb" posts, but for reason, this woman is being given the benefit of the doubt.

I can't stand game players on either side of the spectrum. They need the shit kicked out of them, not to be embraced.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 77 (view)

Can I have some opinions on this please?
Posted: 7/12/2015 6:27:31 AM

Now, people have felt 'insulted" & called me, A Bit*h- for Strongly Insisting On A SKYPE CHAT before any dates were made &/or precious time was wasted in pursuit of something that I didn't want. I don't care as it's small price to pay to avoid a perfectly awkward & unpleasent situation.

I would only insist if I were given reason to be skeptical. (hasn't happened yet, though) If you *have* been duped before, then I don't blame you for wanting this. I'd rather someone do this than continue being fooled over and over, then whine about it, knowing it can be avoided.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 245 (view)

Posted: 7/12/2015 6:17:52 AM

That's the way I read it. Pig is right that humping henry may get his heart broken worse than ever before - but from the few posts of his that I've read, he was married for twenty years? I don't know how it ended, but it did end and that must have been a massive heartache right there.

But the amount of time together isn't necessarily the deciding factor in the severity of grief over a relationship ending. Between a 2 year relationship of mine and a 6 year one, the 2 year one ending was far worse. It's all about the person and the feelings you had for them.

I don't think you're being pessimistic for not encouraging it or not wanting it.

Henry disagrees, and stated that he feels sorry for anyone who wouldn't place themself in the same situation. That's really my biggest issue here.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 242 (view)

Posted: 7/12/2015 5:37:45 AM
Ok, for f*ck's sake. He's going into this knowing the risks. Whatever. Fine.

Just don't tell ME I am being pessimistic for not encouraging it, finding it romantic, or I'm foolish for not wanting it for myself.

Here he is essentially being told "hey, you're old...take whatever you can get", and that's NOT pessimistic?

I feel like I'm in a f*cking Twilight Zone episode here.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 238 (view)

Posted: 7/12/2015 5:10:49 AM
The potential harm? I've already stated it. The time he wastes with a game player could be pulling him away from someone who wouldn't pull this kind of crap. Furthermore, no matter how much he tells himself he's ready for the fall, it may not necessarily be true. He could very well end up with a level of heartache he's never known before.

Again, it's his situation to deal with how he wants to, but to suggest I'm being pessimistic or I would be missing out by not getting into a relationship that parallels this one is just asinine.

I just find it ironic that some are optimistic about a relationship already plagued with bullshit, yet don't harbor the same optimism about finding someone who *won't* jerk you around after a certain age.

It makes absolutely no sense.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 237 (view)

Posted: 7/12/2015 4:10:29 AM

Ohenry – I think she gave you the key to her soul (and she retreated). That scares her so now she’s trying to build trust. How do people learn to trust? They play games with each other – not the hurtful, sexual, ‘drama queen/king games’ - but the real games that we played when we were 4-, 5- and 6-year old children and getting to know each other. Enjoy the now because some adult is going to yell that it’s getting dark and time to come home. I envy you at the moment.

Reverting back to childlike games at their age?? Wow.

Sorry, but there's no justifiable reason for blatant disrespect. Funny how she didn't express herself earlier on instead of ignoring him for 22 days. Furthermore, he said he suspects he's going to get burned. That right there tells you he doesn't trust her, but yeah, what a pessimistic fool I am for not seeing the heartwarming love story in this.

He admits to not being able to completely understand her reasoning due to contradictions. Contradictions arise when you start stacking bullshit. I'm curious as to whether he's going to call her out on them or if he has already.

But anyway, I am not missing out on anything by not being willing to subject myself to this kind of nonsense. I don't have to, and I won't. Now or when I'm older.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 223 (view)

Posted: 7/11/2015 12:43:02 PM

I personally hope he gets her panties off and...gets up and walks the fvck out.

^ That's a good one, too, Joe.
 thepig0fyourdreams
Msg: 221 (view)

Posted: 7/11/2015 12:33:16 PM

+1 Post of the day!

Thank you, sir.

Pig, I didn't read that she intentionally 'f*cked' with his emotions.

I'm sure not returning his calls and texts was an accident, and I'm sure it never dawned on her that someone may not appreciate something like that. Ooopsie!

Don't think Henry was looking for approval, and no, not everybody would handle things the same way. No need to criticize.

What the f*ck is this shit? When you don't like someone's opinion, you label it "criticizing"? Newsflash - the entire forums are nothing but criticism of what's posted. Spare me the sanctimony.

I'm so glad rockin-trucker isn't around for this. He would have a field day with it, and I would actually agree with him.

And that makes me want to puke in my shorts.

Show ALL Forums