Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: feeling lost and empty
 GalPal64
Msg: 35 (view)

feeling lost and empty
Posted: 3/7/2013 6:47:39 PM
Yep, sure do. Just happened to me too. I was all "in luv" with this dude from here and he decided he wasn't as into me after about 2 months. He was very nasty to me in the end and it hurt my feelings so bad. Keep your chin up and know that everything happens for a reason. I think we tend to look through "rose colored glasses" on these sites when trying to find someone. If you are like me, you are lonely and just want someone nice in your life. Good luck and keep on looking/fishing......CAREFULLY! :)
 GalPal64
Msg: 10 (view)

Getting attached too fast?
Posted: 3/7/2013 6:42:13 PM
Mike, I just had the very same thing happen to me and I'm 48 so don't feel bad. I met a buy back in January who was on and he lived about 2 hours from me. We started talking and texting then calling and we just hit it off immediately and I fell HARD for him. He seemed to fall hard for me too and just did the best "sweet talk" ever! LOL Well I actually did end up meeting him one weekend and he turned out to be a lot different in person. Not quite who I had imagined. He had a LOT of emotional issues and it just didn't work out. He didn't seem to into me at all after our meeting and I really got my feeling hurt, but I would NEVER have ever imagined he was the way he was until I met him in person. Be careful and GUARD your heart. I too, tend to wear my heart on my sleeve. You are young so just know you have LOTS and LOTS of time to find your special someone. Good luck!!
 GalPal64
Msg: 10 (view)

always trying to please.... I'm a sucker? when do you stop trying?
Posted: 2/10/2013 6:09:43 AM
Hi Silkygal. Just wanted to post and say I'm very guilty of this same behavior. I too wish I could stop trying so hard to get this one guy in particular to keep me around. I think it really is a low self esteem issue for me. Sure do need to "unlearn" this learned behavior. For me, it really may involve therapy! I've done some dumb things just to get ignored for the most part. I end up feeling so terrible in the long run and he could give a lesser damn. Good luck to you, and me and any others out there who do the same.
 GalPal64
Msg: 13 (view)

Widowed parents vs. divorced parents--difference in dating?
Posted: 6/12/2011 7:25:45 PM
Let me just say you have no idea what you are talking about. I stuck by my ex husband for 3 years, separated, while he had his "midlife crisis" and didn't want to be a full time husband and father to his two kids. I gave him his "space" and allowed him his "me time" to go to the hunt club for weekends at a time and bars with his like minded friends and by year 3 of doing this I decided I had waited long enough and filed for divorce. I didn't abandon my family, he did. So don't give me that BS about being a divorced woman and being respected. You're a first class, A #1.... ASS!

Show ALL Forums