Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Whatever Next
 Warrencraig
Msg: 7 (view)

Whatever Next
Posted: 11/18/2009 5:51:10 PM
no amount of drugs will solve the problem of too many people getting married or staying in relationships for the wrong reasons!!

I hear loads of blokes at work moaning that their sex lives ended after the honeymoon etc!!! maybe they shouldnt have been getting married in the first place???
 Warrencraig
Msg: 26 (view)

Does my bum look big in this?
Posted: 11/15/2009 9:52:21 PM
My arse is big, speedos or not!!
 Warrencraig
Msg: 25 (view)

Does my bum look big in this?
Posted: 11/15/2009 8:06:24 PM
Are that many woman soo insecure about thier size these days that they have to have constant reassurance from thier partner even if its total lies???

What annoys me about a lot of those questions is that the girl in question usually knows the answer.... so why ask it?????????

Id probably say it looks the same size as before because erm, it is!!!
 Warrencraig
Msg: 2 (view)

Should a physical impediment end a relationship?
Posted: 11/14/2009 2:36:52 AM
something as insignificant as a wonky eye is quite frankly irrellevant.

A physical disability would not bother me at all as long as it was still practical for a relationship to work.

I wouldnt write off someone with severe disabilities and high care needs either, if its true love then you dont care about practicality.
 Warrencraig
Msg: 36 (view)

JOB CENTRES
Posted: 11/14/2009 2:31:10 AM
Ageism is a massive thing the government just hasnt considered.

If they want to continue to up the state pension age and expect people to work until they are older then ageism has to be tackled.

Other wise in 10-20 years it will be the norm to have to "expect" to spend your 50s on benefits until a private pension kicks in at 60 or so.

That will then have an impact on mortgages and home affordability as if its the norm that most are unemployed from 50, then mortgage terms will have to be shorter and shorter compared to now!!
 Warrencraig
Msg: 3 (view)

kidnap and the cover up, why?
Posted: 11/14/2009 2:25:45 AM

What we OUGHT to be doing via our government/civil servants/diplomats is working with the governments of the countries that these pirates come from to stop them at source. If we don't do that, the problem just escalates as others see their success and also turn to crime.

The big problem with Somalia is that there is no central government in total control of the country - its a complete mess!!!

So the only way to deter the pirates is take away the money!!! if that means paying no ransoms then so be it. If it means having armed teams on every merchant ships in the area with the risk that involves, then so be it.
 Warrencraig

kidnap and the cover up, why?
Posted: 11/13/2009 8:34:49 PM
Stupid restrictive rules of engagement probably caused this. So much of the rules of engagement are written to keep things legal and free from risk of suing etc yet ends up meaning you cant do your job!!!

Yes to intervene would have carried a lot of risk but you dont have to go in and blow up the yacht!!! Create a standoff type situation and work from there.

The only reason the pirates continue to do what they do is they know they can get away with it and its big money. "arresting" the pirates wont work as there are hundreds more to replace them and being arrested isnt that bad. Killing them wont make much difference either.

But what WILL make a difference is getting everyone to stop paying the ransoms, WHATEVER the cost!!! Yes people will be killed and some ships destroyed but so be it. If theres no money in piracy in the region then they will stop doing it.
 Warrencraig
Msg: 34 (view)

JOB CENTRES
Posted: 11/13/2009 8:13:03 PM
the discrimination laws are a load of rubbish!!

All the laws mean is that an employer has to think of a legal excuse not to employ someone!!

ageism is rife these days. When i was unemployed at the start of the year, the people at the unemployed training package for long term unemployed were made up of about 40% under 20's with no skills/qualifications (CHAVs, ex cons etc), 40% over 45's with lots of skills and experience, 10% a fairly transient group there usually only a few weeks, and remaining 10% people who are long term sick/disabled trying to get back into work.

What annoyed me was the younguns mostly had poor skills, poor education and zero motivation yet got loads of support and training, only to throw it back in the faces of the the staff by accepting a job then quiting/getting sacked in a week because "it was too hard" or "i couldnt cope" or "its not for me", all in the middle of a recession when quite frankly you cant be picky.

And then there was the older people who generally worked very hard and yet despite on paper having the right experience, right skills, right character etc still were inexplicably being rejected for jobs.

Even the staff advisors there had to admit it was probably ageism but that doesnt "officially" happen!!

The same happened with lots of the sick/disabled people, they would do all the training, job trials etc yet no one wants to risk taking them on!!

Bit depressing really!!
 Warrencraig
Msg: 240 (view)

I had a relationship with someone who was a muslim
Posted: 11/13/2009 7:53:11 PM

I know if one psycho PMT nutter was condemning me to death or prison on her word id really want as many others as possible to have to corroborate her word !

If you consider that there are certain crimes in this country that if a woman commits at a time when she has PMT it is actually accepted as a defence,

Surely then if PMT is an accepted defence for certain crimes then that says they cannot be mentally held responsible for their actions??? Ie they are insane???

Surely by that reasoning all woman with a tendency to potentially violent behaviour when suffering PMT should be locked up in secure hospitals under the mental health act??? reason: protection of the public!!

Just as a schizophrenic who had regular violent psychotic episodes would be detained....
 Warrencraig
Msg: 6 (view)

Have you cheated death?
Posted: 11/11/2009 9:02:03 PM
fell out first floor window onto concrete age 2, Got badly electricuted age 3, run over age 7, usual shot at etc in military, 2 nasty car crashes, nearly bled to death once!

Loads of usual injury free or minor injury near misses.
 Warrencraig

New laws for men who pay for sex with vulnerable girls...is it enough?
Posted: 11/11/2009 8:51:34 PM

And the men who pay for sex aren't vulnerable?

Thats irrelevant.

Such men are perfectly capable of satisfying thier sexual urges using thier own hand........

In this society no one has a inherant right to sex.

Some readily available statistics about prostitution:

* Only 19% of women working as prostitutes in flats, parlours and saunas are originally from the UK (The Poppy Project, Sex in the City: Mapping Commercial Sex Across London, 2004).
* 80,000 women work in ‘on-street’ prostitution in the UK. The average age women become involved being just 12yrs old (Home Office, Paying the Price. A consultation paper on prostitution, 2004).
* 3 out of 4 women in prostitution become involved aged 21 or younger, and 1 in 2 aged 18 or younger (Child & Woman Abuse Studies Unit)
* As many as 85% women in prostitution report physical abuse in the family, with 45% reporting familial sexual abuse (Paying the Price).
* 75% of children abused through prostitution had been missing from school (Paying the Price).
* 87% of women in street-based prostitution use heroin (M. Hester and N. Westmarland, Tackling Street Prostitution: Towards an Holistic Approach, Home Office Research Study 279, London, 2004).

Now remove all those woman (and men) from prostitution and leave just the remaining very small number of mentally stable, mentally competant woman who choose to do prostitution through total free choice. That is thier choice.

But that is a very small minority and the sheer amount of misery, abuse, negativity etc justifys strict laws. The "needsand vulnerabilities" of the punters is irrelevant!!!

Any man who willingly chooses to pay for the services of a prostitute despite knowing the misery/abuse associated with the industry, is in my opinion just as bad as any other sexual abuser.
 Warrencraig
Msg: 68 (view)

Cushy Prisons
Posted: 11/7/2009 8:23:19 PM
Considering it costs £28486 to imprison someone for a year i dont see how the "forced labour" arguement holds true.

Would be very easy to say they are working off thier debt for living costs. Gets round that pathetic aspect of the human rights convention.

pay them £0.50 an hour or something eqaully pathetic into an account available on release. That way it can be used both as a punnishment and provide a small amount of cash to set themselves up when they leave (especially important for those with no homes to go to, otherwise crime becomes immediately appealing again)

Doesnt have to be "breaking rocks" as some have said. how about assembling wheelchairs, renewing rubbers on crutches etc, make handmade furniture, wooden packing crates etc. I would say making post sacks but machines do that far better these days!!
 Warrencraig
Msg: 15 (view)

Should Cars Have Black Boxes ?
Posted: 11/2/2009 8:02:26 PM
Jammy D are you in greenpeace or something?? I suggest you go back into those mud tunnels or wave a placard outside a oil refinery while i speed past in my polluting sports car!!!

While aspects of black box technology might be useful, it would only work if you had ALL the facts. Plus the technology is far from accurate even now. The police use such units and regularly have to have the units reset after bumps in the road flag up a non event as an event!!!

The big brother system is going too far these days. All under the guise of public protection/terrorism or what ever excuse they choose to use. I value what little privacy i have left. What next, its a legal requirement to have cameras in bedrooms for all sex acts to help with potential paternity/rape cases???

This country is getting beyond a joke with all its laws. The really sad thing is a lot of these laws are misused from thier original purpose.

I can see them sneaking black boxes in underthe guise of a pay per mile road tax scheme.
 Warrencraig
Msg: 13 (view)

He forgot my name!?!
Posted: 11/2/2009 7:50:23 PM
I have a bad memory for names!! All those years of everyone having name badges means ive never had to learn the skill!!!!

Although it is pretty "special" to forget someones name in a written message!!! Even i wouldnt make that mistake LOL. if you forget you just go back and look at profile or ld messages or whatever.
 Warrencraig
Msg: 49 (view)

CSA Have Reared Their Ugly Head
Posted: 10/30/2009 11:35:55 PM
the authorities just want to reduce thier benefit "burden" as much as possible.

Thats why they often hassle single mums for details of the dads to chase after them. For a government organisation aiming to save as much money as possible they arent very good at chasing after people!!!!
 Warrencraig
Msg: 47 (view)

Posted: 10/30/2009 5:45:42 PM
A lot of people get confused with CSA payments and benefits like that.

From the CSA website it says that £20 per week is disregarded when calculating benefit entitlement.

I think you technically have to declare all income when on benefits. They then apply disregards to that.

How much the non resident parent earns does not effect how much benefits the parent with care recieves. But it does effect how much CSA calculate he should pay.

The two are seperate calculations because what someone is supposed to pay and pays in reality is two different things.

So are you saying the two are still together as a couple but living apart??? I cant see anything on the CSA website that differentiates between a Non resident parent in a relationship and one who has split up. I guess it doesnt relieve him of his obligation to pay maintenance for his child at the rate on the CSA calculator.

Quite a complex scenario really.

knowing the CSA they would argue that he has to pay the amount they say as a minimum so they can pay out the minimum benefits necessary. Otherwise loads of couples who split could say they are still together meaning she gets the full benefits and he only has to pay a little bit if she agrees to it.
 Warrencraig
Msg: 38 (view)

Posted: 10/27/2009 5:34:28 PM
I thnk its fundamentally wrong that so many parents use kids as a weapon to get back at partners. In the long run it will ALWAYS bite you in the back when the child grows up and works out for themself whats going on.
 Warrencraig
Msg: 31 (view)

Posted: 10/26/2009 7:54:00 PM

last we heard they couldn't "find him"

I had that with my dad!! despite him living at the same address for 15 years doing the same high earning job with a new family etc!!! As he will be dead soon, i wonder if i can sue him to get 18 years worth of CSA payments out of his "estate"???

I thought the CSA had been closed down because they were so utterly inept??

Child Maintenance and Enforcement Commission, different name, same "friendly" service
 Warrencraig
Msg: 59 (view)

Cushy Prisons
Posted: 10/24/2009 9:58:03 PM
Taking away thier liberty pretty obviously doesnt work does it????

Its not a severe enough punnishment if people reoffend. Sure theres some people with underlying psychological problems who just cant help it and wont change...

but with everyone else they just need a combination of appropriate rehabilitation/education to give them a choice other than crime, and punnishment to deter them from the "easy" option of going back to crime. Ultimately the theorys that simple.

make prison so horrible for everyone that theyd rather be on the dole below the breadline than committing crime and ending up in prison again. Theyll soon learn then!!!
 Warrencraig
Msg: 9 (view)

Does 70 stone man deserve NHS treatment?
Posted: 10/23/2009 5:12:42 PM

wouldn't life be wonderful for all us fatties if it was that easy? If it REALLy was that easy do you really think there would be so many people suffering from obesity? If it were that easy we would all be perfect sizes wouldn't we?

Sorry but theres a massive difference between someone whos obese (say 20 or so stone??) and someone who is 70 stone!!!

No way do you get past 30 stone and not realise its massively restricting your life in many ways!!! Unless of course you are saying all obese people have serious mental illness???????
 Warrencraig
Msg: 55 (view)

Cushy Prisons
Posted: 10/23/2009 5:03:15 PM

They can have as many wide screen TVs as they like but it won't strip away the endemic bullying and brutality that exists within the prison system.

I know quite a few people whove been in prison as well as mentored/helped others whove been in system.

In my experience its only the first time offenders and the non-hardened criminals who have a hard time in prison and think its an aweful expereince.

The hardened criminals/career criminals dont think its that hard at all. Yes theres an element of adjustment to a new environment but also for many hardened criminals the brutality and bullying in prison is no worse than in thier communities outside.
 Warrencraig
Msg: 50 (view)

Cushy Prisons
Posted: 10/22/2009 7:27:54 PM
to add again...

remand needs to be totally different than mainstream prison. You are after all innocent until proven guilty and restrictions during remand should be minimum necessary to ensure you still turn up at court (ie the point of remand - stop you running) so just restriction of freedom.
 Warrencraig
Msg: 40 (view)

Should Mental Health services be improved?
Posted: 10/22/2009 7:22:41 PM
mental health is massively underfunded.

in my opinion the backwards ignorant stigma surrounding mental health is mostly to blame.

Sad reality is what is more popular?? spending on physical illness or mental health?? Sadly the ignorant public would rather hear about a new deaf/cancer/ limb/eye etc etc clinic opening than a new mental health clinic.

Too many people think of people who are mentally ill as "axe murderers" "psychos" etc. The media does not help. When ever some one goes on a killing spree the press always try to label him/her as a "monster" "psychopath" or jump on anything in thier past that has mental health in it. Guess they do it to make people feel better by margionalising these dangerous people as "different" "not like us" or what ever so they can sleep safely at night without having to understand. Shame they usually use some kind of mental health issue as the "excuse". Doesnt help remove the stigma at all!!!

16-18 and transition to adults is a major problem. In many areas children known as "NEETs" (Not in Education, Employment or Training) between age of 16 -18 have no access to mental health services until they reach life threatening crisis.

CAMHS dont want to know because over 16 not in education they wont have them, yet adults dont want them under 18.

So if your 16-18 and in serious mental ill health -unlucky!! just have to hope a charity fills the gap or your crisis doesnt kill you before you end up in A +E !!!!!!
 Warrencraig
Msg: 48 (view)

Cushy Prisons
Posted: 10/22/2009 7:07:08 PM
sorry but rehabilitatation and retraining is NOT enough.

serious criminals thier behaviour is ingrained. You might well be able to give them skills to choose a legitimate job but when crime pays, and it does, they will choose crime every time.

Why work really hard for your money when you can go on the rob, collect your dole and have more cash in your pocket and time to do what you want???

Sure rehab works with drug addicts if you get to the root cause of addiction (and hence the need to commit crime in the first place)

but for other criminals, get much beyond 20 years old and it becomes ingrained in thier belief system that is ok to steal etc. Sadly you will very unlikely be able to change thier core beleif system without extensive long term therapy that is not available to them. Plus there is the problem of getting the prisoner to willingly engage in therapy.

so if you cant always change thier thought process's then you can only effect thier behaviour.

the only way to change thier behaviour is to limit thier choices. Make the consequences of thier crime a severe punnishment AND give them skills for getting a real job,

That way they can make a choice. Chances are if the punnishment is severe enough then they will only reoffend once.

unless they are of course so mentally damaged they cant help themselves. In which case they should be detained indefinitely to protect the public.

The 3 strikes system in the USA would be useful here.
 Warrencraig
Msg: 7 (view)

Does 70 stone man deserve NHS treatment?
Posted: 10/22/2009 6:48:59 PM
if he is so mentally ill to get to 70 stone then why the hell hasnt he been forcably treated under the mental health act as are many other people with eating disorders??

I remember when i was in hospital and the patients on the eating disorder unit had every aspect of thier diet controlled by force if necessary.

That policy should have been applied to this guy a long time ago.

This person cant possibly prepare the food for himself so even such treatment in the home could very easily be used to limit his intake of food and help him loose wieght safely!

He quite clearly lacks the mental ability to make decisions about food for himself.

does seem to be a failure in the system. Its not like you can get to 30 stone and just not notice how big youve got, and when your that big even your GP cant avoid asking questions!!!

however if it transpires that the rumours he deliberately wants to be fattest person in world are true..... then he does not deserve ANY obesity related treatment by NHS and should have all care withdrawn. Hed soon loose enough wieght to go feed himself then wouldnt he!!
 Warrencraig

Witness gives rape victim reward
Posted: 10/10/2009 2:30:28 PM
He did what all "true" gents would do.

Although its a sad reflection on our society that the police need to give large rewards for people coming forward.

Its your civic duty as a citizen in this country to report crime and aid police in thier dutys.
 Warrencraig

Would you be happy to spy on shoplifters to earn money?
Posted: 10/6/2009 5:11:46 PM

Well considering that security officers with the responsibility to monitor CCTV are law bound to obtain a CCTV operators SIA badge (and do extra training to get it) I dont know how they are going to get round this one. Is everyone going to do the training and then fork out for the SIA badge too?

Exactly and the CCTV badge isnt the cheapest to fund either!!!

The solution is more security guards in shops.

an example:
The Shopping centre i just finished working in has a well known big brand department store (name not mentioned for obvious reasons).

They have 4 security staff, with 2 or 3 on duty at any one time (holidays/restdays etc for rest). Now this is a large department store with 3 floors as well as 3 entrances/exits with the shopping centre.

To make things clear, the Shopping centre guards are NOT there to aprehend thiefs from the main stores and infact many of the shops refuse to allow centre guards access or use them for help.

Obviously even with a good CCTV operator in the shop, there is no way they can cover the store fully as well as having only 1 or 2 guards available on the shop floor means they cant easily respond. Also it is a fact that often thiefs work in groups with deliberate distraction techniques especially to circumvent limited numbers of security!!

This single branch of the department store chain losses £1 million a year to theft alone!!!! Thier shop security staff costs £60k per annum!!!

That £1 million is paid for by you and I having increased costs!!!!!!

Some stores dont even bother making a serious effort in stopping thefts and just write it off as budgeted "losses". A well known discount fashion clothing store is one such shop and they only prosecute when violence/abuse is used against its staff. other times they just let them go.

anyone who has done retail security management before (and i have) knows that there is simply not enough security cover to deter many of the thieves in that store (the figures are clear!!)

in a similar department store we increased the security to 2 guards per floor at all times. That needs 10/11 staff (one of which is a supervisor/team leader with good experience) with an annual cost of at worst £180k in staff. Within a year the losses due to theft were down to £300000 per year!!!

So even taking into account increased staff costs they were over half a million pounds better off each year!!!! Thats good for shareholders as well as prices and its keeping more people in a paid job as well as making life harder for criminal thieving SCUM to carry out their behaviour.

Unfortunately my experience of retail management shows that most retail managers are either incompetant or unwilling to pressure the appropriate people in thier company to get the increased security staff. It seems they are not prepared to spend without a guaranteed immediate return. They cant see what they will get now so dont want to know. And we wonder why so many business are in a mess with incompetant management like that?????
 Warrencraig

Did the Police fail to prevent abuse victim commiting suicide?
Posted: 9/29/2009 5:55:11 PM

And why should the woman have been re-housed? That's just giving in to the bullies. It's the bullies that should have been kicked out of their houses!

Sadly its often cheaper and simpler for the authoritys to move the victim especially where theres more than one abuser/bully as it just becomes unacheivable to stop a group of the little sh*ts!!!

Its the same in many schools as well sadly!! even if you removed one of the bullys, all his/her mates would pick up where he left off. Sadly schools just dont have the staff for adequate supervision during breaks etc.
 Warrencraig
Msg: 39 (view)

Rail Operator Passenger Fines
Posted: 9/27/2009 10:59:51 PM
The rail companys dont need to buck up in such areas as they know full well many of thier customers have no choice as its the only viable way they can get to work etc. So therefore no need to bother!!!

I always drive as opposed to use the train. its almost always CHEAPER for a start!!! The only times ive found it cheaper to use train is when ive bought super cheap advance tickets back in the day before they binned the really cheap deals and replaced it with one advanced ticket to "simplify" things. or was it to boost profits by offering less cheap tickets????

I used to travel the length of the country on super advance tickets dirt cheap by booking weeks in advance. Those fares are just not available any more and nothing is even close to those prices.

Long distance i can get a train that will match the cost of petrol but considering ive had to book it long time in advance, and travelling weekends usually, you get screwed over by "engineering works" and "rail replacement buses" meaning is slower and more hassle than driving, i rarely use train and drive instead!!!

even local travel its often cheaper to drive!!! my daily bus fare for university is £5.60. The fuel for the same journey costs £4!!!! 1 hour 20 mins on a rickety bus versus 15 minutes in my car!! its pretty obvious anyone with any sense would choose the car!!
 Warrencraig
Msg: 24 (view)

Pre-nups agreements in the UK
Posted: 9/27/2009 10:20:50 PM
In an ideal world of love, marriage and living happily ever after..... then pre-nups have no need to exist.

Sadly i think very few relationships are like that. As has been said with 45% of marriages going to fail and the fact the courts are currently biased against men (although that will change eventually), its quite understandable that people will want to protect assets incase things go wrong.

It can be an especially sore subject with pensions and such like. Someone can have one short lived relationship loosing them a significant proportion of a pension which theyve spend decades paying into and will have to suffer the loss for the whole of thier retirement.... hardly fair in that case.

Plus sadly all the trust when you get married can go out the window when you split up. I dont know why so many people when they split up turn into nasty psychos out to cause as much havoc as possible while they bleed thier ex partner dry!! (males AND females do it), but sadly it happens all too often and a pre-nup agreement if enforcable has the ability to stop this happening.

The laws need clearing up with co-habiting couples too and there needs to be a review of the court system so it takes a better view of things as too often it seems the court doesnt see/consider the full picture of whats going on and it seems to be who can shout the loudest/afford the best solicitor that wins. And all too often the person whos getting screwed over is unlikely to shout loud as they just want rid of the psycho ex!!!!

Also anyone whos been burnt before will naturally want to protect themselves. I know for a fact that i would want to protect my pension and house, especially as i already get the pension so its worth a hell of a lot of money to me over the next 40 years or so especially if i was to loose 50% of it for a relationship started AFTER i earned the rights to that pension.

It doesnt help that when kids are involved you can loose everything very easily. Sure nobodys saying the children shouldnt come first but often it doesnt seem right the way things end up. I remember being forced out of my own home after being dumped by my ex and having no right to stop her because she had the law on her side because of her having children (not my children i may add!!!), i was especially disapointed with the police who supported her despite me calling the police because of her behaviour!! f*cking rediculous if you ask me!!! It annoyed me further that I had to give her "reasonable" time to find alternative accommodation despite me having nowhere to live!! And i was informed that if i did anything like not pay mortgage or try to sell house then i would be breaking the law!!! Luckily she left within a week. Insane when you consider i wasnt married to this woman and i had no legal responsibility towards her kids from a previous relationship, and the only reason she moved in with me was because shed been made homeless and was living in a homeless hostel which was an appalling place to bring up kids. Try to do the decent thing and you can get so screwed for it!! And people wonder why many people arent prepared to trust inherently and 100%??

I think while the laws dont seem equal/fair and while people still have a lot to loose then people will want pre-nups.
 Warrencraig
Msg: 66 (view)

Men searching for single mum's
Posted: 9/26/2009 8:19:38 PM
paedophile paranoia is going too far in this country. What next? imprison all men as they are potential paedos??

Theres quite a few reasons men might prefer single mothers as partners. older men may well be past the reasonable age group to have kids so a mother with kids may appeal as its unlikely theyd have more kids. May already have his own kids, may be firing blanks, known hereditory genetic issues he doesnt want to pass on yet still wants to be a "father".

Plus to be brutally honest, if your above 30 or so then most woman will have had a child anyway so its not like youve got much choice in the matter!!! The average age for first child is 29 in the UK but its a lot lower in some deprived areas.
 Warrencraig
Msg: 29 (view)

Wheel Clamping........... More Fines !!
Posted: 9/13/2009 5:41:48 PM
Steve sandy, the treatment of the bloke parking on a private drive is the same principle of being clamped on a private car park when youve not paid for a ticket/permit.

Why should it be any different because one private owner is a business and one a homeowner???
 Warrencraig
Msg: 27 (view)

Posted: 9/12/2009 6:05:45 PM

Actually thats nearly right. If yoiu park on private grounds where there's a notice that states you will be clamped then in effect you are giving an implied consent to being clamped. If you place on your vehicle a notice that you do not agree to the clamping and that it will be forcibly removed, then you are not in effect giving that implied consent. Therefore you should legally be entitled to remove it, especially as it is a civil matter.

That may well work but you are still committing the civil offence of trespass and can in theory be taken to court as a result. ie YOU are still in the wrong.

More legislation on policys and charges for clamping is needed but i do agree with thier inherrant right to clamp people. Sorry but you do NOT have an inherrant righ to park your car where you so please and especially on private property - car park or not.

Im sure a lot of you would kick up a stink if someone parked thier car on your drive. So why shouldnt the landowner of private car parks do the same?? They are a business and are providing a service - namely a space to park your car within certain rules and as such being a business are entitled to charge for a service.

Yes there are some idiots and morons in the clamping industry and examples like that block of flats are prime examples of idiot clampers. But if you clamp your car on a private car park and ignore the signed rules then you deserve the fines/charges etc.

If its a valid sign it will even tell you the charges so its not like you wernt aware in the first place!!!
 Warrencraig
Msg: 24 (view)

Posted: 9/12/2009 5:44:08 PM
On random privately owned car parks that have sprung up all over town centres, then sorry but your parking on private property and doing so you have to agree to abide by thier rules - youve NO inherrant right to park as its private property.

Just like if you parked on someones drive youd expect them to be pretty annoyed!!

Where it gets complicated is car parks for blocks of flats etc which are privately owned/managed and they need to have a unified regulated set of rules and charges in my opinion, just for fairness.
 Warrencraig
Msg: 12 (view)

Old people driving.
Posted: 9/12/2009 5:34:59 PM

Nothing massive, we dont need a full test, but people should at least be able to show a Police officer that they are perfectly capable of driving a car safely. Wouldnt take long, a mile up the road and back again, coupled with a bit of manoeuvring, is all it would take...

And why police officers?? we have people for this job called driving test examiners. Police should be spending thier time catching criminals.....
 Warrencraig
Msg: 83 (view)

women hitting men
Posted: 9/9/2009 6:32:30 PM
self defence laws do not differentiate betwen gender!!!

You could be built like mike tyson and if some tiny woman punchs you, then you can still punch them back as long as you dont use excessive force.

Just because someone is capable of punching hard due to thier size doesnt mean they automatically need to use all thier weight behind a punch, nor does it mean that because you are physically stonger than your opponant then you shouldnt be allowed to defend yourself using reasonable force.

Restraining someone almost always risks further injury to yourself, punching them in the face is no direct risk to yourself......

Again theres nothing in the self defence laws saying you should take a hit first either!!!!
 Warrencraig
Msg: 28 (view)

gold diggers
Posted: 9/7/2009 4:12:56 PM

Well I lost two houses due to failed relationships when I was in my 20's. Been married twice since then and my second ex-wife was a gold digger, as confirmed by her brother. We didnt have kids and the house was still in my name but she still walked away with £50,000 after just 10 months of marriage. Not bad considering she came in to the house with nothing. She originally wanted £100,000 but I hired a very expensive solicitor to sort things out for me.

Whoa!!! where you niave in your 20s then???

Id sack the lawyer if she got £50k for 10 months!! you could of got a good hit on her for less!!!
 Warrencraig
Msg: 12 (view)

When does noticing become perving??!
Posted: 9/7/2009 9:47:58 AM
So what weve learn here is boys and girls are just as bad as each other when it comes to perving!!

ibakecakes: are these insurance investigators regulated by law??? surely coming onto private property and filming through windows is a gross invasion of privacy, and against the law, insurance investigator or not???
 Warrencraig
Msg: 49 (view)

women hitting men
Posted: 9/5/2009 9:55:52 PM
Ive only been hit by a partner once and that was by a really insecure ex who used to start pointless arguements for no reason other than she felt she "needed" to have one. I wouldnt rise to the bait so on one occasion she turned to throwing things at me and trying to hit me to provoke a response!! luckily being stronger it was easy to restrain her without needing to hit her as such.

Oh and the level of patheticness of her arguement was just daft. I had flown over to belfast to see her and a friend back home asked if i could bring back some onion ring crisps, which i did, so her arguement in her psychotic little mind was that i flew all the way to belfast to buy some crisps and that seeing her was secondary!!! WTF!! And she expected me to argue over something as stupid as that???

Although in self defence i wouldnt think twice about hitting someone, male or female. As has been said, there are some very vicious woman out there who try and take advantage of thier so called "vulnerability" and the belief that men wont hit them back to get away with violence.
 Warrencraig
Msg: 109 (view)

£1m of child benefit paid out a month - to mothers in Poland !!
Posted: 9/4/2009 5:05:55 PM
how about changing the rules so benefits cant be paid to families living outside the UK. solves that foreigner problem straight away!!!

And its not a "tiny" amount. In this current economic climate, a few hundred million here and there soon adds up to billions!! Every little counts when it comes to sorting out the financial mess this country is in!!!!
 Warrencraig
Msg: 105 (view)

£1m of child benefit paid out a month - to mothers in Poland !!
Posted: 9/4/2009 1:40:01 PM
If the kids where living here then no problem with it. problem is they are abroad so the money is being taken out of our economy.
 Warrencraig
Msg: 10 (view)

gold diggers
Posted: 9/3/2009 3:13:18 AM
She'll die an old and lonely woman!!
 Warrencraig
Msg: 29 (view)

Britains View On Kids Learning Properly?
Posted: 8/26/2009 6:30:26 PM
rewarding lazy sh*ts who refuse to work and repeatedly drop sprogs from the age of 14 with on average £20k (equivilent before tax) of income doesnt help matters.

attempting to bribe kids into higher education with £30 a week in EMA is also pointless.

Nothing will work until you change the kids attitude so that they want to learn for thier future. You could pay then loads in EMA etc and it still wouldnt work.
 Warrencraig
Msg: 10 (view)

Is sat nav dumbing down?
Posted: 8/26/2009 6:26:08 PM
I find satnavs an unnecessary waste of time.

2 minutes spent planning the journey means you dont need satnav or even to read a map. At worst for a long journey a simple post it note with junction numbers, 3rd left after safeways etc etc is more than adequate. then just paste post it on steering wheel. no distraction then.
 Warrencraig
Msg: 37 (view)

Sky News - Blogger to be sued for defamation
Posted: 8/26/2009 6:23:10 PM
surely for this to go far in court, someone will have to provide a definitive definition of what a "skank" is and is not. And also someone will have to decide if a blog is a statement of fact or a statement of personal opinion.

Has this woman stated as a fact that the model is a skank?? or has she just said she thinks she is a skank?? the two are quite different. The exact wording used, the context, style of language etc are all important here and also all subject to individual opinion.

All very hard to proove.

Or is it now illegal to have a negative opinion on someone and make your opinions public??? ie free speech and all that.
 Warrencraig
Msg: 36 (view)

Petrol emissions & the environment
Posted: 8/20/2009 5:27:25 PM
7rainbows, your ideas are all very well if we can get most of the world to do it.

And there lies the flaw.

wether we like it or not, we have to let most of these countrys work it out for themselves as us "high and mighty" westerners telling them to stop polluting usually gets the political equivilent of a "f*ck off" as in thier leaders eyes, we caused massive pollution so who are we to lecture them.

And then theres america.........
 Warrencraig
Msg: 20 (view)

Would you do any job rather than be unemployed?
Posted: 8/20/2009 5:08:39 PM
I would and have done anything.

I ended up unemployed for 8 months after leaving navy so did voluntary work until i could get paid work which was as a shopping centre security guard Bit of a come down from earning £55k as an officer in the navy to £14k looser security guard, but in the current climate you cant be picky yet the employers can be as picky as they want.
 Warrencraig
Msg: 33 (view)

Petrol emissions & the environment
Posted: 8/18/2009 6:29:22 PM
car emissions are the least of our worries when you consider the rubbish pumped into the atmosphere all over the globe. The effect us citizens in the UK can make is miniscule in the big scheme of things.

Even if the whole of europe and the US gave up cars, its still p*ssing into the wind when compared to the emissions from industry, planes and the fact most second world and third world countrys belch out what they want and wont listen to us.

What next for the eco people, tax fat people as they produce more CO2 ??
 Warrencraig
Msg: 23 (view)

Britains View On Kids Learning Properly?
Posted: 8/13/2009 7:55:57 PM
The current problems in education primarily stem from bad/no parenting. Until this is solved to an "acceptable" level then all teachers can do is patch up the kids they get as best they can within strict limits of the syllabus and time available.

Also i firmly believe the standards ARE dropping. I refuse to believe the bullshit the government spouts about us all being cleverer year on year with higher pass numbers than before. Having invigilated GCSE and A level exams in recent years, I can see myself significant dropping of standards in the exams, which is worrying considering i finished my a levels only 11 years ago.

The very fact that Oxford and Cambridge have had to steadily raise thier entrance standards and ultimately introduce thier own oxbridge entry exams says it all.
 Warrencraig
Msg: 28 (view)

Who owns the house..anyone know ...
Posted: 8/13/2009 7:36:15 PM
Sadly a lot of men do this to avoid paying as being on benefits can often mean they are financially better off than paying maintenance and all that comes with it.

I really dont get the nastyness and vindictiveness that goes with so many breakups. ex's too often spend all thier energy trying to hurt each other!!

Show ALL Forums