Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Matchmakers
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 8

Matchmakers
Posted: 4/21/2006 10:12:27 PM
damnit Com, who's been sending you my picture this time?
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 2

guilty music pleasure
Posted: 4/20/2006 11:43:47 PM
Scorpions.

i'm driving...minding my own buisness, and suddenly i find myself whistling the intro for Winds Of Change. i feel so dirty!
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 20

Sacrifices........
Posted: 4/20/2006 8:38:29 AM
i'd sacrifice Jesus for a Klondike Bar.

...what? he did it before, and he came out fine. i don't really think he'd mind.
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 17

Why do we always remember..
Posted: 4/20/2006 8:35:42 AM
that whole "remembering things" sounds like fun...

i should try it sometime...lol...ask anyone who's ever been around me, i'm quite possibly one of the most forgetful people out there...
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 15

Why do we always remember..
Posted: 4/19/2006 10:30:18 PM
i think the bad stuff not only lets us appreciate the good, but also sends up warning flares when we see the "bad" in a prospective date. there are certian signs that'll make me end a date quick, just because i know i don't want to be with someone like that.
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 35

Cat Problem.. HELP
Posted: 4/19/2006 8:43:48 AM
i wonder how much work installing a guillotine into a cat door would be?

problem solved.

i've noticed that with any animal, if you cut its tail off, the bad behavior stops...but you need to cut it off in a specific area. there's a spot just behind their ears that works perfectly.
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 8

lawsuits
Posted: 4/18/2006 9:31:06 PM
yikes...

no suing over bad haircuts...we don't want to wind up with the US system of justice up here!
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 25

Cat Problem.. HELP
Posted: 4/18/2006 9:29:55 PM
...and people wonder why i don't like cats.

sounds like a royal pain in the ass to me...
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 35

Pole Dancing!!
Posted: 4/18/2006 8:40:40 AM
what can i say...old habits die hard.

anyone know what the name of the song they used in Brokeback Mountain was...?
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 15

Red Wine?
Posted: 4/18/2006 8:39:56 AM
sorry to burst your bubble dear, but Wolf Blaas is an award winning wine with many sommeliers recommending it.

Starbucks is over-roasted and bitter, with pretentious yuppie scum buying it.
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 33

Pole Dancing!!
Posted: 4/18/2006 8:32:22 AM
it's ok that i'm completely horrified and in desperate need of therapy now, right?
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 27

making yourself happy?
Posted: 4/18/2006 8:16:30 AM
...because when you get to a certian age Doc, people expect the weight of the world to have already crushed you. i don't think it always has to be like that though. they say that life is a series of dissapointments interspersed with fleeting moments of happiness...i say "fleeting" isn't nearly enough and i chase happiness. sure, i might experience more dissapointment because of my pursuit, but i also experience more joy.

...i'm sorry, that was a little too deep for this hour. i need to go now. it's 8am and i'm being philisophical. i'm going to go philosophise over a coffee and a cigarette.
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 74

Friends with benefits
Posted: 4/18/2006 8:10:35 AM

Anyone having FWB or fbuddy is selfishly interested in a part time relationship, requiring no committment, no real benefit and no consequences.

...or, it's two like-minded people getting together to satisfy a very natural urge while not needing to quantify their union with a relationship.

careful who you judge there big guy...they might notice something about you.
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 11

Red Wine?
Posted: 4/17/2006 11:59:29 PM
i just recently hosted a wine tasting, and found Fat **stard Cabernet Sauvignon to my liking!

Wolf Blaas Cab Sauv is another fave
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 6

Do people really listen to each other?
Posted: 4/17/2006 10:18:26 PM
"whoa-oh-oh...listen to the hooter..."

...ok...that's just not as funny as actually singing it out loud to the tune of the Doobie song...
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 3

Do people really listen to each other?
Posted: 4/17/2006 10:04:28 PM
iPod, iTunes, it's about time they made the iTit
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 61

Friends with benefits
Posted: 4/17/2006 9:29:27 PM
reading back a little bit, i think the line between a booty call (read: one night stand that gets drawn out for a while), an FWB, and dating sort of got blurred. now, this is only my take on the whole thing, but maybe i can draw the lines a little clearer.

Booty Call: you meet up, have sex and head off. you do not (sorry...my keyboards being funny, i cannot type apostrophes right now)

FWB: it is like a big long dating period. like "relationship lite", all the fun, half the calories. you never get too terribly serious. the person is always introduced as your "friend" even though your friends know you are shagging.

Dating: the beginning stages of a relationship. after a while i might say "this is my girlfriend so-and-so" (it was horrible dating So-And-So, everyone thought i was forgetting her name, so we started calling her Susan to clear up any confusion.)
 Captain Sargasmo

Men and Honesty?
Posted: 4/17/2006 8:39:31 AM
you know why we sometimes use a cowards line, or "the fade" or any other number of "cowardly" escape tactics...?

because when it's over, we don't want to sit there and yammer about it for hours. there should be a breakup rule. 10 minutes to let you know why we're breaking up with you, and then we should be on our way. 10 minutes. that's all we need. we don't need to talk about it Oprah-style and get "closure" and all that.

nobody wants to hear "well, it's because of your body odor/smelly feet/lack of manners/whatever" but maybe if we just started dumping with complete and utter honesty, people would improve themselves. yeah! that's it! guys...from now on when you dump, be honest. tell them it's because they're fat, they stink, they're boring or that you just can't stand the way they always ask that "does my ass look fat in this" question.

that way, when i get around to them, they'll be shining examples of womanhood and worthy of dating for more that 20 minutes.

i promise to dump wiht honesty from now on as well...so that when they come around to you guys, they're all fixed too.

...well...they'll either be all fixed or in need of therapy...i haven't tested this theory yet.
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 28

Filtering
Posted: 4/17/2006 8:28:35 AM
but you can filter people like that...

try an "advanced search".

as for not seeing people you don't like...welcome to life. there's a whole whack of people i come into contact with daily that i don't like.
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 32

tattoos, like them or not??
Posted: 4/16/2006 8:52:02 PM
i like the idea of calling it "body art" and encompassing the entirety of body mods in that little bubble...

because really, it is art. some art you look at and appreciate...and some, well...it just makes you scratch your head.
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 7

drinking and sex..big turn off?
Posted: 4/16/2006 8:50:10 PM
i've waited till last call before...lol...so i'm guilty of this apparent sin.

more recently, i've found that with a few drinkies, people tend to show their true colors, and that's never a bad thing. i'm not talking about drinking till you can't see straight, but like the old latin saying goes, "In Vino Veritas"...and it's true.

loosened inhibitions, a more relaxed attitude, and an enhanced sense of adventure are never bad things!
 Captain Sargasmo

Pole Dancing!!
Posted: 4/16/2006 6:07:32 PM
i have to say i worked in a strip club for three years...and i had the girls try and teach me a few moves...

yikes! not easy!

but, now i've got a really awkward running spin and i can climb a 9 foot brass pole pretty easily.

the tricks aren't easy tho...not even close!
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 65

What are your Best qualities that you have to offer someone?
Posted: 4/16/2006 6:04:50 PM
i'm not going to brag, because that just seems way too self-promoting...

...but, to make it so i'm not pooh-poohing this thread, i will say that i've never had any complaints. well...not to my face at least.
 Captain Sargasmo

Can you cook???
Posted: 4/16/2006 5:59:33 PM
if by "cook" you mean re-heat, boil, or open the tin...then i can cook like a demon!

for the most part tho, i don't really care to cook...that's why god created restaurants.
 Captain Sargasmo

Closing the book...
Posted: 4/16/2006 5:57:23 PM
you should stick around...for the most part, this is a great group of people!

there's a few bad apples, but they're easy enough to weed out...

Don't think the young lady NEEDS to go find someone else first to get over her past relationship. I seem to keep repeating myself, but it seems alot of people find that jumping into a new relationship right away is a way to get over the past "bad" one.

you've never heard the saying? "Best way of getting over someone is to get under someone new!"

...and it works!
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 4

When I grow up..........
Posted: 4/14/2006 1:17:25 AM
i either wanted to be a comedian or a gynecologist.

what can i say? i like seeing women crack up.
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 28

Friends with benefits
Posted: 4/14/2006 12:52:22 AM
absolutely yes!

in North America we're so hung up on sex, we're raised to think that there's some sort of taboo surrounding it, when in truth, next to eating, sleeping and breathing it's one of our most natural instincts.

so...call it what you will...if i'm attracted to someone and we both just want the friendship with benifits, i'm in. mind you, with our cultural mindset the way it is, one person usually winds up wanting more. i've had relationships form out of an FWB, and i've had them where they remained an FWB...

either way...so long as you're not intentionally hurting someone...do what makes you happy.
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 22

FYI - RIP BigDaddyRogue
Posted: 4/13/2006 8:34:50 AM
very well said Orzel!

except Whitey is right...the IRA isn't a crime ring, rather it was a terrorist organization. while i completely believe in their cause, their methods are what made them terrorists.

and before anyone jumps down my throat saying that they're not terrorists, go look up the definition of the word.

as to our biker friend, it's a shame he had to die, and it's a shame that there are so many bleeding hearts who, just because this guy happened to be on a dating site, have stuck up for him while blatantly ignoring the fact that he was attempting to get into a gang known for drugs, violent crime and murder. it's like feeling sorry for someone who lost at Russian Roulette.

ya pays ya money...and ya takes ya chances.
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 6

FYI - RIP BigDaddyRogue
Posted: 4/12/2006 8:31:46 AM
i don't get the massive outpouring of sympathy.

he was directly involved with a biker gang, one known to cops to be violent, murderous, and involved in the drug trade. he was under suspicion of murder a few years ago as well.

i'm sorry...but if you're going to play with the big boys, you have to be ready for the consequences as well. i don't have anything against bikers, the ones i know are all stand-up guys who've distanced themselves from that end of things...my problem is with criminals.
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 98

What do women think of men with cats?
Posted: 4/11/2006 9:43:13 PM
i don't think a cat's thought process is that complex...lol.

something more along the lines of:

"woke up. played with string. napped. woke up. found leather jacket. clawed it. napped."
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 5

Is it HUMMER time????
Posted: 4/11/2006 2:23:51 AM
i tried that.

i didn't know "they" meant the police.
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 45

What is Normal anyhow??
Posted: 4/11/2006 2:19:21 AM

...when I wake up from a drink fest, handcuffed to the bed? Any ideas?

been there, done that, chewed thru 'em.
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 4

Tempers?
Posted: 4/11/2006 12:58:32 AM
so...if i stomp my feet, can i get a date out of the deal?

i'd prefer a scottish redhead please.
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 24

A baby at 39..............
Posted: 4/10/2006 9:15:24 PM
yeah...the math kinda gets to me.

39 years old + 18 years (minimum) of raising and supporting the child = 57 years old when they move out.

in other words, they move out...and try to find a decent job so they can afford the old folks home they're going to have to put you in in a few years.
 Captain Sargasmo

Online gaming
Posted: 4/10/2006 1:02:49 AM
thought about WoW...but i've heard too many stories about people getting addicted.

...that, and i'm tired of having my ass handed to me by some 11 year old in Singapore.
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 32

What is Normal anyhow??
Posted: 4/10/2006 1:01:33 AM
the waiters and waitresses at those places are horrid tho.

sure, they have sharp uniforms and pleasant demeanors, but if i order a pina colada...i want a pina colada. some pills and a paper cup of water with an umbrella in it just isn't going to cut it anymore.
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 14

PIG ROAST in LANGLEY, MAY 20th (Long Weekend)
Posted: 4/9/2006 5:05:10 PM
we should repeat that this summer Dreamer...

i'll bring the Sartini mix again!!
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 27

When a woman says Must not be married does that mean...
Posted: 4/9/2006 4:55:02 PM
i have to admit to a huge hypocrisy on my part.

i'm a non-custodial dad with joint guardianship. in other words, my daughter doesn't live with me, but the ex and i talk about her upbringing and such, and i see her every week.

that being said...i don't date single moms anymore.

oooh...i know what you're thinking...this guy's a big dumb jerk! not true. well...maybe a little. anyway...my reasoning for this? i'm a lot more spontaneous than a woman with a child living with her can be. i've dated single moms in the past...and it's just a no-go-zone with me now.
 Captain Sargasmo

PIG ROAST in LANGLEY, MAY 20th (Long Weekend)
Posted: 4/9/2006 4:21:07 PM
yep...three people...try and limit the age and this is the turnout you get.

go back a few months, and have a look at the pictures from the BBQ that Dreamer hosted.

now THAT was a par-tay!
 Captain Sargasmo

Applying marketing principles to online dating?
Posted: 4/9/2006 4:09:17 PM
yep...there's only one chance to hop on this par-tay train...one email.

after that, nada. i don't care how hot she is or how wonderful she seems...if there's no response from one email...sayonara!
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 20

Posted: 4/9/2006 4:06:12 PM
Earth, where was all this wisdom when i was up there in front of everyone saying "yeah...this whole marriage thing sounds like a really good idea!"?
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 16

Sea Kayaking
Posted: 4/9/2006 10:59:24 AM
i had the chance to sea kayak off the coast of Catalina Island in California...t'was grand!

but man were my arms sore the next day. note for noobies: do NOT race your friends when you've never kayaked before.
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 2

Grocery in Chemainus
Posted: 4/9/2006 4:06:40 AM
beans are always good...

a candle and some patience, and you've got a meal!
 Captain Sargasmo

Posted: 4/9/2006 2:02:54 AM
yeah...i've been tossed aside because i'm divorced.

but...in the grand scheme of things, i suppose i really don't care. there's so many reasons to weed people out, i don't mind if i get weeded on occasion as well.
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 22

off roading
Posted: 4/8/2006 6:07:29 PM
oooh...now it's getting good!

this is what i like. debate.

like i said before...i totally understand business use. it makes sense. it's when these high-emission vehicles are being used for trips to the mall, picking up the kids...or otherwise as a personal use vehicle, that i can't understand the mentality.

why would someone purposely pollute more than they have to? it just doesn't make sense. it's that type of "in the moment" thinking that's gotten us where we are today...decreasing ozone, global warming, rising fuel costs, and the very possible reality of running out of fossil fuels in the next 75-100 years.

can anyone truly justify that?

...and as to the "working for peanuts" comment...maybe i don't make as much as you, and i'm ok with that. if making more money than me makes you feel good about yourself, then you may make up any figure you like, and we'll pretend that's what i make.
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 19

off roading
Posted: 4/8/2006 3:57:12 PM

I make my living in the oil and gas industry so when i use more fuel i am just creating job securety

i'm going to assume that you're kidding about the job security thing...because if you were serious, that would truly be sad.
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 10

What ever happened to peace love and happiness for all?
Posted: 4/8/2006 3:37:37 PM
it's unfortunate, but we'll never see peace in our lifetimes.

not while people keep voting in warmongers and idiots like they did in the US. not while big business continues to rule, and we keep acting like consumeristic sheep buying the next bigger, faster, sleeker, more powerful or new & improved gizmo the advertizers throw onto the shelves.

maybe peace is just an abstract concept that we as humans are incapable of?
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 7

So you turn on your computer...
Posted: 4/8/2006 3:01:30 PM
let's see...email, and here, and one or three other places...

then it's off to work!
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 16

off roading
Posted: 4/8/2006 2:44:29 PM
yep...for work. V6 actually, company's van. i go out loaded to the roof with freight...and come back at least 1/2 full. so...until the day that people decide they no longer want parcels delivered, or their financial records updated and archived, those vans will be needed.

and that's what i was trying to get across before...a need versus a want. you, and like-minded people want to play with a big truck in the mud...whereas everyone needs their financial information to be correct.
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 14

off roading
Posted: 4/8/2006 2:09:47 PM
heh...i get a kick out of all these big trucks and their owners...

not only are you shelling out way too much for gas...you're also polluting for no good reason, and messing up the world for future generations.

maybe try looking a little further ahead than redneck sports.

don't get me wrong, i understand that there's a need for larger vehicles...contractors need to get their supplies to places they're building, i haul several hundred pounds of freight around the coast Mon-Fri, and there are many other reasons to own a big, inefficient vehicle.

...but when you're daily driver is some kinda monster truck? well...perhaps you're compensating for something...or perhaps you just don't care that the high levels of pollution we have already in Vancouver are contributing to higher instances of athsma, allergies and respiratory problems.

Show ALL Forums