Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Even when she gives you her number, you feel unsure and/or uncomfortable about contacting her
 Molly Maude
Msg: 7 (view)

Even when she gives you her number, you feel unsure and/or uncomfortable about contacting her
Posted: 3/13/2019 3:53:27 PM
... I don't know a solution but want you to know that ... yes! women get the same anxiety, nervousness, etc. some even get panic attacks ... personally, I can attest to that ... I suspect it's from over-thinking the situation ... when I go on a first meet-and-greet, I try to focus on "this is just to check it out, it's not a commitment!" which seems to help a bit ... I think it's worse if I've talked on the phone a lot/long time with the man and am more invested ... like I started out ... I don't know a solution!!!
 Molly Maude
Msg: 49 (view)

Valentines day and what it means to us 'life experienced' mature folks
Posted: 3/2/2019 7:46:57 PM
... I've always loved Valentines Day as a chance to show loved ones how much I care by doing something nice for them ... elaborate meals, desserts, homemade valentines, etc. One year, I made "Laugh In" valentines like their board with tabs to lift and reveal photos, jokes and like that ...

since I've been alone, I've gone out of my way to do similar things for ME ... once I bought myself a dishwasher to show me how much I love me! I was so surprised!!

lately, I've been going the route of just dinner and flowers ... I have to admit to also looking forward to the next day's chocolate sales ...
 Molly Maude
Msg: 29 (view)

DIabetes and dating
Posted: 1/9/2019 5:10:12 PM
... way back when I was in a "baby-making" mode, I'd get gestational diabetes ... I learned to flip on the Atkins Diet ... I should have just continued to stay on that diet!!!
 Molly Maude
Msg: 10 (view)

Mom,maid or mat?
Posted: 12/30/2018 3:51:39 PM
... I'm glad your solution came so quickly ... sending the laundry out until the plumbing is repaired seems reasonable ... I recently had a plumbing mess where we ended up washing dishes in the shower!!!

I suspect your mother's nervousness is more about losing her abilities to be an adult and make her own decisions ... I've had family move in with me recently and, while it's lovely sometimes, it IS a bit overwhelming to have family members TELLING ME how to do things I've always done on my own ... especially when I can see they're wrong!!!

sounds like you two are going to get along just fine ... mutual respect and all that!
 Molly Maude
Msg: 10 (view)

WOW.. lol. so many widowed men out there..
Posted: 10/12/2018 5:02:44 PM
I'd been dating a man off and on, just social events, nothing romantic ... when he told me his last THREE wives had died ... I was shocked and asked how it was that he'd become so unfortunate ... he said the first two wives died from eating poisoned mushrooms ... well, I'm gullible but even to me THAT sounded suspicious so I asked if his third wife had also eaten poisoned mushrooms ... he said, "no, she died from a blunt force trauma cuz she wouldn't eat her mushrooms!"

this IS the humour forum!!!
 Molly Maude
Msg: 45 (view)

Chronic Illness? A deal breaker or not?
Posted: 10/11/2018 3:48:30 PM
pretty broad sweeping term, "chronic illness" ... I was diagnosed in the second grade at the age of seven with supraventricular tachycardia ... despite the warning that I could die at any time, I managed to live a life full of fun, love and adventures! the list of "chronic illnesses" has now grown to include asthma among others ... I'm still me ... I still laugh, have fun, would like to find someone to spend time with ...
 Molly Maude
Msg: 9 (view)

Living at home.
Posted: 8/17/2018 4:40:51 PM
... julystorm ... my son, daughter-in-law and their children live with me ... I need help with chores that require more strength; they need a babysitter sometimes .... we strive not to interfere in each other's lives ... they raise their children THEIR WAY ... you'll hear me say multiple times, "if your mother says ..." or "ask your father" ... because they're not MY children ... there are concessions, tho ... entertaining is a challenge ... we discuss who we'll invite to parties and what we'll serve ... generally, for the dinner meal, they and I cook separate parts ... e.g., they'll cook the main dish, I'll do some sides ... it takes planning and doesn't always run smoothly!
 Molly Maude
Msg: 24 (view)

Triggers in profile photos
Posted: 8/17/2018 9:57:02 AM
... reviewed this thread yesterday and thought, "I guess I have no profile photo triggers" ... opened Plenty of Fish this morning and was shocked to see a woman who lives nearby had picked as her profile photo ... a picture of (presumably) her, with her back to the camera, leaning into a truck ... no visible clothing from the waist down ... WHOA! ok ... I was wrong ... THAT was a trigger!!! did not know I had triggers ...
 Molly Maude
Msg: 5 (view)

Living at home.
Posted: 8/17/2018 9:50:03 AM
... moving in with your parents seems the perfect solution ... especially with the teen-ager, too ... "it takes a village" ... working together as a team seems the perfect solution ... my step-son is paralyzed from 3T ... he moved in with his mother and step-father and it's been a blessing to all concerned ... his sister and her daughter rent his house which is near their parents ... totally symbiotic situation ... sounds like you've found your village ...
 Molly Maude
Msg: 18 (view)

420 Friendly Females are like unicorns...
Posted: 8/16/2018 11:34:00 AM
altho most of the "logic" expressed on this thread was circuitous and vague, difficult to follow but maybe that's just me ...

I'd think, if you're looking for one of those mysterious and elusive unicorns, i.e., "420 friendly females" ... you'd have better luck searching within states where the stuff is legal and people aren't so nervous about its use ... where mentioning it is not intimidating ... just a suggestion ...
 Molly Maude
Msg: 4 (view)

Home made ricotta
Posted: 6/27/2018 12:39:10 AM
I'm allergic to some of the proteins in cows milk ... do you think any sort of cheesy product would result if I used straight whipping cream? cheese is one aspect of my allergy that I miss a lot ... I used to be able to find a good "cheese" using coconut milk but the stores around here don't carry it ...
 Molly Maude

It's not just any women who like The Three Stooges!
Posted: 6/24/2018 6:00:17 PM
last year, I accidentally hired what turned out to be three stooges to renovate a bathroom and kitchen ... they're not NEARLY as funny when it's YOUR HOUSE they're destroying ... I suspect that's where the division in who likes/dislikes slap-stick humour ... possibly, care-givers just see the destruction, not the comedic timing ...
 Molly Maude
Msg: 23 (view)

Story behind your User Name
Posted: 5/19/2018 12:16:18 PM
... when my granddaughter walked me through the entire internet experience eons ago ... I felt like I was making a bold step ... reaching out beyond my comfort zone ...

when I needed a "user name," I thought of the story of when my grandmother was tiny and sent off to school in a one-room school ... she was frightened of the teacher ... the teacher loudly DEMANDED my grandmother speak her first, middle and last name ... well, my grandmother didn't HAVE a middle name ... so when the teacher demanded it again, my grandmother stood up and said boldly, bravely ... "my name is Molly Maude Walker!" her older sisters gasped ... sometimes I felt like I needed to find that bold little girl ... so used her name!!! (the one she made up for herself!)
 Molly Maude
Msg: 357 (view)

dating over 60? or 70?
Posted: 5/19/2018 12:09:21 PM
... I wouldn't mind having "date night" be a meal and "Netflix and chill" ... sounds good to me ... I don't mind being comfortable and cozy with someone ... in fact, I'd like that ...
 Molly Maude

Old Fashioned Homemade Candy
Posted: 5/3/2018 4:59:23 PM
... the following is my daughter-in-law's favorite "candy" ...

Candied Pecans ...

ingredients

1 cup sugar
1 egg white
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp. water
1 tsp. salt (or less)
1 lb. pecan halves

method

preheat oven to 250° ... mix the sugar, cinnamon and salt together in a bowl ... in a separate bowl, whisk the egg white and water together until frothy ... toss the pecans in the egg white mixture ... mix the sugar mixture into the pecan mixture until the pecans are evenly coated ... spread onto a baking sheet ... bake, stirring every 15 min. until the pecans are evenly browned, about an hour ... after an hour of baking, they weren’t quite toasty enough so I lowered the temperature to 150° for another 30-40 min. ... and they were perfect!
 Molly Maude
Msg: 299 (view)

DATING OVER 60
Posted: 4/27/2018 6:15:12 PM
... long ago when I was "into" dancing with a bunch of friends ... if a man asked me out and I didn't know him from having socialized with him in the past ... I'd invite him to join me and my friends as we did our bar-hopping dancing thing ... no one ever expected anyone else to pay their way, drinks or otherwise ... it's just safer in a group than meeting some stranger alone ... quite often, they'd end up dating one of my friends from our group which was a great outcome ...
 Molly Maude
Msg: 14 (view)

DEAD?
Posted: 4/27/2018 6:09:28 PM
... wasn't it Mark Twain who said that news of his death had been grossly exaggerated ???
 Molly Maude
Msg: 21 (view)

margaritas!!
Posted: 4/27/2018 1:20:24 PM
... I'm embarrassed to say I was hoping for a good recipe for WINE MARGARITAS ... used to be served wine margaritas at a restaurant in Los Angeles who probably didn't have a license for tequila!!! they were really good ... anyone? any ideas?

another question is ... could I pour wine into an ice cube tray, freeze it to make a less diluted drink? thanks ...
 Molly Maude
Msg: 38 (view)

OVER 60 SCAMMER?????
Posted: 4/16/2018 1:52:43 PM
browneyes ... I get those same scammers ... they're not very imaginative or creative ...

the one yesterday said she was looking at Plenty of Fish at the office, a man walked by behind her, just happened to see my picture and profile that was up on her screen ... blah, blah ... he doesn't have an account, needs me to send him an e-mail!!!

what kind of office could she work out where her computer screen is visible to those walking by? why was she looking at my profile? ... on and on ... I laughed a bit, ignored it ...
 Molly Maude
Msg: 9 (view)

overnight chia seed pudding
Posted: 3/26/2018 5:23:36 PM
apparently, I enjoy puddings! here's another one ...

overnight chia pudding
ingredients
2 cups any unsweetened “milk” ... (I use coconut milk)
1/2 cup dried, fresh or frozen fruit
1/2 cup chia seeds
2 tbsp. stevia, sugar or honey to taste
1 tsp. vanilla
nutmeg to taste ... or not!

directions
Mix everything in a mason jar. Stir well and place in the fridge. Stir again after half an hour. Refrigerate overnight or at least 6 hours.

taste is reminiscent of tapioca ... thing about making it yourself is that you can modify the ingredients ...
 Molly Maude
Msg: 6 (view)

ONE gluten-free scone!
Posted: 3/14/2018 1:19:23 PM
I've had to modify the above Scottish Raisin Scones due to allergies, etc. AND I only want ONE scone! (cuz there's only one of me to eat them!) I've had very good luck using about ...

1/3 cup gluten-free Bisquick
2 to 3 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
raisins to taste
whipping cream

I use enough whipping cream to make the dough a good sticky texture ... pat it into shape (gluten-free doughs don't knead well) ... and bake at 400 degrees for about 12 minutes or so ... I've sprinkled the top with sugar a couple of times but like it better without ...
 Molly Maude
Msg: 16 (view)

Does anyone entertain at home anymore?
Posted: 3/14/2018 12:01:21 PM
... interesting thread ... I was recently complaining about a lack of friends my age ... I recently moved to another state, have no acquaintances, no friends but a few relatives ... when I was newly single in 1991, friends and I from church would throw BYOB parties and invite hordes of people from our separate circle of friends so there were a lot of new faces ... when I was married, I had "career building" **** tail parties for my husband's co-workers ... since I arrived in Oregon, I've hosted four parties, invited relatives and their friends ... two BBQs where we just mingled and two holiday themed parties where we played games ... they were quietly successful but I didn't actually meet anyone new in the neighborhood of my age ... I've recently reached out thru meetup.com ... we'll see how that goes!
 Molly Maude
Msg: 72 (view)

Who Is Too Young or Too Old for You to Date?
Posted: 3/3/2018 1:41:43 PM
I know nothing of formulas ... I dated a man 19 years my senior for a while but we didn't have a lot in common to talk about ... dated a man exclusively for 4 years who was 8 years my junior ... we biked most evenings after work and skied or biked (depending on the weather) most weekends ... in the end, he was too controlling ... right now, I'm being a lot more selective!!! (meaning I haven't dated in almost a year!!) ... I doubt I'd date anyone + or - 5 or so years ...
 Molly Maude

She anwers msg, but never asks in return
Posted: 1/22/2018 5:25:07 PM
... I get an initial message, something along the lines of, "hi hows it going" ... I respond, "great, how are you?" ... they answer, "fine" ... repeat as necessary ...

wow ...

that's a whole lot like if the doorbell rings, I answer it, "yes?" and someone just stands there ... so ... I'm thinking, "YOU contacted ME! SAY something!"
 Molly Maude
Msg: 64 (view)

Older men's expectations
Posted: 1/20/2018 10:40:34 AM
when I was dancing a couple nights a week, that sort of interrogation would frequently come up ... one man asked during our first dance what part of town I lived in ... whether I owned or rented ... what I did for a living ... what make, year, etc. car I drove ... whether my jewelry was real or costume! ... I was struggling so hard not to laugh ... men usually run this sort of program if they just want a financial assist but this one was so obviously clueless to the finesse ... finally I jokingly suggested I give him my Social Security number so he could run a credit check ... oddly enough ... we ended up doing marathon phone calls and dating off and on for over ten years while he searched for a wealthier woman ... wonder if he ever captured one ...
 Molly Maude
Msg: 42 (view)

Favorite Christmas Recipes
Posted: 12/20/2017 4:58:42 PM
... just bumping this up so the folks SIX YEARS LATER can benefit from Landra's Cracker Brittle and all the other MARVELOUS recipes ... treasure trove of holiday delights ...

Cracker Brittle

A sleeve of saltines*
1 cup of butter
1 cup brown sugar
bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
chopped nuts if you want (I like blanched almonds)**

Line jelly roll pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray, then fit as many saltines on the pan as you can get in a single layer. Cook/boil butter and sugar until it comes together, stirring the entire time-- about 2-3 minutes. Spoon over crackers in jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes; watch closely because it will burn easily.

Remove from oven, then while it's hot, top evenly with the chocolate chips and smear them around as they melt to form a layer of chocolate. Sprinkle the nuts over that. Stick the pan in the freeze for about an hour or so, then break up the brittle into pieces.

*you can also use graham crackers or Club/Townhouse crackers. I prefer saltines because they have that hint of salt that compliments the sweetness of the sugar and chocolate
**you can also top with crushed peppermint candy

Makes a nice gift too.
Caution: is very addictive!
 Molly Maude
Msg: 2 (view)

Cheating
Posted: 12/2/2017 10:22:34 PM
I would not tell ... I'd feel terrible but run away very quickly and try to not look back ... if the party being cheated on was my dear friend, I MIGHT tell ... probably not ... people being cheated on quite often know already and haven't come to grips yet, pretending not to know ... if you tell them before they're ready to deal with it, they might not appreciate your "help" ...
 Molly Maude

What is the hardest part of divorce?
Posted: 11/29/2017 3:15:10 PM
... the hardest part of my divorce was giving up on the illusion that kept me hoping things would change ... I just couldn't bring myself to stop trying to "fix" it ... I KNEW we could make it work ...

I eventually filed for divorce but only because I met another woman in our bedroom ...

then ... 20 years later after he said she "dumped him," I tried it with the same guy AGAIN ... do you believe it? ... I look in the mirror but can't see where "STUPID" must be written on my forehead ...
 Molly Maude

Stuffing Your Turkey
Posted: 11/23/2017 3:23:10 PM
awww ... thanks, Profile Gurl ... made my gluten-free stuffing w/the turkey thigh ... turned out purrrfect, really quite good ... my green beans w/bacon and mushrooms were wonderful, too ... thankful that my spirits have been fine ...

P.S. ... I DO remember the highly addictive candy we were all making w/crackers, caramel, almonds and chocolate ... wonder where that recipe is!!!
 Molly Maude

Thanksgiving alone..do it!
Posted: 11/22/2017 2:51:05 PM
thank you all for keeping this thread going ... this is my first Thanksgiving without the man I married in 1974, divorced 20 years later, lived with, moved from California up here to Oregon in September 2016 then lived with until his passing in May 2017 ... additionally, there was a hot water leak in the kitchen in August and I've had a very limited kitchen since ... there are men here now, laying tile on the kitchen cabinets ... no water at this end of the house at all ... noise, confusion and everything covered with tile dust ...

my mind is whirling, trying to process having no partner, living in a strange new place and having this end of the house torn up ... sorry ... the only upbeat is that our son, daughter-in-law and two grandchildren are living here, too ... but my mind is disheveled ... I'll be more upbeat tomorrow ... tomorrow's Thanksgiving ... or maybe I'll take a nap ...
 Molly Maude
Msg: 14 (view)

Stuffing Your Turkey
Posted: 11/21/2017 8:49:01 PM
I'm sort of winging it this year ... the man I've prepared Thanksgiving dinner with and for since the 1970s is no longer with us ... we've had a plumbing disaster and don't have a fully-functional kitchen right now ... my daughter-in-law is making a crockpot turkey breast and Stove Top Stuffing for her family ... so ... what to do for just me? I've made a batch of cornbread that I seasoned with poultry-type seasonings ... I've cut it into crouton sized squares and it's currently toasting in the oven ... I think I'll mix it with pecans, sausage, chopped onions and celery Thursday ... add butter and chicken broth ... guess I'll put it at the bottom of a smallish roaster and put my pathetic little turkey thigh over it ... season and maybe add more butter ... sorry to be such a downer ...
 Molly Maude
Msg: 17 (view)

One Foggy Halloween.....
Posted: 11/11/2017 1:19:36 PM
ok ... THAT WAS FUNNY ... and I'm one of those humourless types who rarely laughs out loud!!! good job!!!
 Molly Maude

Scary Backwoods Situations
Posted: 11/11/2017 12:47:14 PM
I've felt frightened in both back woods and in the suburbs ... camping once in a motor home, the woman in a nearby campsite experienced a bear ripping off the door to her camper, coming into the camper to sit just a few feet from her bed to eat her obviously great-smelling goodies ... she screamed for hours ... in the suburbs, the neighbors' house once caught fire when gang-bangers threw a flaming coke bottle of gasoline into their daughter's bedroom window ...

stuff happens ... wherever you are ... be vigilant where you store your good-smelling cookies ... and don't date gang-bangers ...
 Molly Maude

No replied?
Posted: 11/11/2017 11:53:08 AM
I'm your grandmother's age or thereabouts ... but have SEVERAL granddaughters your age!! I think your profile is engaging, charming and ... at 20 years of age ... looking to date but nothing serious is totally appropriate ... I like the photos, you look like a fun person ... as for the statement about just being here to pay for your food!! made ME laugh!
 Molly Maude
Msg: 8 (view)

German potato salad
Posted: 11/7/2017 9:48:10 AM
... commenting on this recipe because I keep losing it! then panic sets in! the one I'm planning to try ... so I can see if it's the one I remember ... is ...

Hot Potato Salad (Warmer Kartoffelsalat)

3 medium potatoes
3 sliced bacon
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 tbsp. unbleached flour
2 tsp. sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. celery seeds
1/4 tsp. pepper
3/8 cup water
2-1/2 tsp. vinegar

Cook potatoes in lightly salted water until fork tender. Peel potatoes and slice paper thin. In fry pan, saute bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels. Saute onion in bacon fat until golden brown. Blend in flour, sugar, salt, celery seeds, and pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring until smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in water and vinegar. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly and boil for 1 minute. Carefully stir in the potatoes and crumbled bacon bits. Remove from heat, cover and let stand until ready to serve.
 Molly Maude

Chia Seed Uncooked Pudding
Posted: 8/29/2017 4:39:43 PM
earlier this week, I tried to find my chia pudding recipe ... finally gave up and created a new one ... imagine my surprise when I opened THIS topic and found I'd recreated the ... same ... recipe! I didn't use raisins this time ... used more nutmeg, turned out, too much nutmeg! funny ...

I love this pudding, reminds me of the tapioca pudding I had as a child ... but without all the cooking ...
 Molly Maude

Vegan Diet and Recipes, Making the change?
Posted: 8/23/2017 8:26:14 PM
... not vegan here but after 30 some years of being sick and watching my 2-year-old daughter cough, vomit multiple times a day, my sister, an R.N., convinced me to go dairy-free for just 3 days ... my daughter stopped vomiting during that 1st day ... it WAS a challenge ... but I had a LOT of motivation ... not having anaphylactic reactions daily ... hang in there!! sorry the forums are so dead ...

incidentally, my biggest hurdles were chocolate milkshakes and pizza! it passes ... also Ben & Jerry and So Delicious now make wonderfully delicious ice creams that I find more than acceptable! decades ago, it wasn't so!
 Molly Maude

How do I delete my acount?
Posted: 8/19/2017 6:33:01 PM
I've been in and out several times, never felt the need to delete my account ... I just update my profile when I come back ...

had a friend open an account few years ago ... called me a week later, shrieking that I had to delete it for him because "too many women are writing!" ... really? that's a problem?
 Molly Maude
Msg: 12 (view)

No Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
Posted: 8/12/2017 5:12:26 PM
3:58 p.m. ... experimenting with making almond butter cookies (allergic to peanuts) and I just put five almond cookies in the little convection oven to bake ... about 400° with the turbo fan on ... (we’re at 3,500 feet so higher temperatures and longer baking times) ...

used ABOUT half a cup of chunky almond butter, an equal amount of white sugar, about 1/4 cup of Bisquick (gluten-free, of COURSE!) and beat that all together ...

added about a tsp. of vanilla to an egg and beat that ... poured the egg mixture over the dough and, when I was blending that, realized it didn’t look like cookie dough, was too slimy and not dough-like ... decided it needed more Bisquick so dumped some in along with a goodly amount of chocolate chips ... stirred that all together and it looked perfect ...

took ‘em out about 4:10 p.m. .... so they baked 12 min. and they appear to be perfect ... put three more cookies into the oven ... TASTED and ATE one cookie and it couldn’t BE MORE PERFECT !!! wow ... really yummy ... better than the original Tollhouse chocolate chip recipe! perfect crunch, soft middle, melting chocolate chips ... chunks of almonds! they're crispy around the edges while soft inside! I'm so pleased!!
 Molly Maude
Msg: 20 (view)

When did burning candles get so complicated?!
Posted: 8/8/2017 4:50:48 PM
... lots of insider doubled-edged comments I don't understand ...

I was just hoping for advice because I want non-scented long-burning candles as I was concerned about losing electricity in a few weeks when close to a million people are expected to converge on our little town to see the eclipse!!!

guess I'll buy some electric candles to place around the house overnight should that happen!!
 Molly Maude

Can u review /see users you just said yes too?
Posted: 8/8/2017 4:31:34 PM
... thank you, Mz Informed! that information is good to know as I've said "yes" then had immediate misgivings!!!
 Molly Maude
Msg: 78 (view)

what does it mean to be generous
Posted: 6/9/2017 12:22:59 AM
... I'm BAAAAKKK ... just read what I wrote almost 4 years ago ... and, while I've mellowed considerably since then, having been weathered some ... I more or less agree ... I think I would still prefer to pay my own way so there are no misunderstandings at all ...
 Molly Maude
Msg: 2 (view)

What's your meat loaf recipe?
Posted: 5/31/2017 12:28:14 PM
depends on what YOU want in a meatloaf ... decades ago, I started with the basics ... a good quality low-fat ground beef, salt, pepper, eggs, tomato sauce, crushed crackers ... switched it up by changing from the crackers to using old-fashioned oatmeal ... decided that was boring and switched out the tomato sauce replacing it with salsa! much better result ... didn't like the oatmeal so tried minute rice but didn't like that result either ...

finally settled on using instant mashed potatoes as the filler ... MUCH BETTER ... depending on whether I'm making it just for me or for company, I sometimes add (for me) chopped green onions, different colors of bell peppers, etc. I like things "creative" whereas my family prefers the old tried and true boring meatloaf ...

we add toppings to the meatloaf at the table as I love BBQ sauce, my granddaughters prefer ketchup, etc. we serve with mashed potatoes and veggies ... another variation my family doesn't like is to exchange part of the ground beef for sausage ... ehhh ... it's ok ... but I rarely do that option ...

the best part of meatloaf is the leftovers ... I LOVE meatloaf sandwiches!
 Molly Maude

Social Ethics
Posted: 5/30/2017 8:39:32 AM
I have a very dear sister who, when introducing me to others, rarely tells me her friends' names ... I asked her about it and it is because, under the pressure of introductions, my introverted sister "blanks" on her friends' names! so to help things along, when she's introducing me, I extend my hand, say my name and they generally respond with their name ...
 Molly Maude
Msg: 19 (view)

Meaningful things to doh!
Posted: 5/27/2017 8:42:26 PM
I realize you posted your last comment, OP, nine months ago ... your ending statement was that you were going to try to appreciate more that which you already have ...

that seems like an excellent step ... but I'm curious how you're doing on your quest to find meaningful things ...
 Molly Maude

What's the nicest deed a stranger has done for you without asking anything in return?
Posted: 5/23/2017 4:09:31 PM
sorry to hear of your loss, Cotter ... it's wonderful when strangers reach out ... I just spent over a week, visiting a friend in ICU, practically living in the hospital and our lives became tangled with the lives of other patients' families ... it was horrible, wonderful, tragic, loving, supportive and overwhelming all at once ... so many people are going through so much trauma at any given time ... then I see the hateful things people post on social media for no apparent reason other than because they have access ... and it's odd, very odd ... as human beings, we're frequently in so much pain that you'd think we'd remain loving and supportive to everyone every moment thereafter when the pain eases off ... I couldn't begin to chose the "nicest deed" someone has ever done for me, there have been so many ...
 Molly Maude
Msg: 25 (view)

Has anyone ever changed their mind or position after reading a thread?
Posted: 5/23/2017 3:42:23 PM
... I doubt I've REVERSED my position on a topic once I've come to my own conclusion ... but I've certainly had moments of clarity where, listening, I finally get the "other side" point of view ... possibly only to say, "OH! so that's what you're so afraid of ... ok ... I get that!"
 Molly Maude
Msg: 15 (view)

My frugality
Posted: 5/21/2017 11:38:08 AM
... just came into the forums today for the first time in a long while ... and this topic is relevant to me ... I've been living with a friend for the last three years or so in my house in California ... we bought a house together in another state and he contributed financially for the past nine months ... but died suddenly last week ... I'm stunned, shocked, feel betrayed ... oddly, I'm angry with him for dying even though I'm sure he hadn't planned to die! the house is mine and so are the payments! this topic is relevant, maybe get me to start thinking now that the panic is settling down ... any suggestions even tho they might seem obvious would be helpful ...
 Molly Maude
Msg: 11 (view)

The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/24/2017 5:08:20 PM
I have high hopes for both Caroline and her cousin Joe Kennedy ... as stated, neither of them appear to have "hit their stride" ...
 Molly Maude
Msg: 24 (view)

Famous -Favorite Female Singers-
Posted: 3/20/2017 8:50:37 PM
... favorite female singers? Cass Elliott came to mind ... and Cher, of course ...

Show ALL Forums