Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Random Musings - Talk About Everthing
 mikitaka
Msg: 549 (view)

Random Musings - Talk About Everthing
Posted: 11/14/2018 2:43:30 AM
Hi Chappy, maybe you are reply number 21 that she never got. Poor woman's destined for a life of solitude.
 mikitaka
Msg: 8 (view)

the requested url was rejected
Posted: 10/15/2018 3:10:05 PM
Kernowmade - try hitting refresh (the little circular arrow at the top left of screen) and waiting a few seconds. They are tinkering and it will eventually settle. My access won't go in first time and I have to refresh.
 mikitaka
Msg: 3 (view)

Over 60s singles night
Posted: 3/29/2018 10:35:42 AM
There is a Sunday 26th April in 2020 but as it's for over 60s half the people who want to go today will be dead by then. Still it gives them old fogies something to live for. Good luck with the event.
 mikitaka
Msg: 41 (view)

Posted: 2/25/2018 2:05:22 PM
Vlad - that would put Trautman at @ 16 year old in 1945. A time when Germany were throwing their kids into the war in desperation. Loads of POWs had nowhere to go at the end of the war, as the Russians had annexed half their homeland. So many stayed here or emigrated to the Americas. They were a hardy lot. I get regaled by stories from my ex father in law also a German pow about touring the fairgrounds fighting in the boxing booths to make a shilling.
 mikitaka
Msg: 33 (view)

Posted: 2/24/2018 3:32:58 PM
Square - there's been a murder or maybe two. Both wae big sticky oot ears.

Vlad - I was playing fitba and crashed into the post. Took my left arm right off. I had to stick it in ice behind the bar and go in goals for the second half (I hate going in goals). Anyway I sewed it back on after the game. Painkilers ! Painkillers ! Ya big girl's blouse. Rugby was mint btw.
 mikitaka
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 2/22/2018 1:27:42 PM
Well Chappie I wouldn't go near cortisone. There's many an ex football player who is crippled today through using them in their heyday. If you kill the pain, you think you are improved and grind the old bones away without remorse. I've played sport actively all my life. I even played 7 games in 6 days in my heyday (played 2 games of rugby for different teams in the same day). So I've accrued a bit of wear and tear.
I was almost giving up 5 aside football a few months ago as the swelling on my knee was still there a week later and getting worse every game. I took a few weeks off and cut right down on bread (my staple diet was cheese sandwiches daily at work). I replaced it with porridge and a few months later I'm whizzing about the park like a 12 year old again. Worth a try, if nothing else it'll help you understand the Glasgow accent.
 mikitaka

Help may be required from my fellow forum posters
Posted: 1/14/2018 2:08:57 AM
Count me in too.
 mikitaka
Msg: 397 (view)

whats the daftest thing you have done when drunk
Posted: 1/1/2018 6:33:56 AM
Something was not quite right in Forum land. It was way too quiet, the eerie silence was disconcerting. There's a story to be told.
The princess was printing off her pamphlets when she heard a dull thud in the hallway. A package, a package with an Irish stamp, could it be an explosive ? She carefully stripped the package only to reveal a bottle of Irn Bru. The princess knew it was poisoned but with her being a Scot and it being Irn Bru she had no choice but to drink it.
"I knew it!" she gasped "The old witch has got me!" as she fell to the floor. She feverishly tapped out 'I need you' on her phone, she had intended to write 'I need your help' but alas her eyesight was failing and it was all she could do to send; to everyone on her address book.
That desperate plea spurred a horde of rescuers to action (well 4 if I'm honest). Tigger jumped on a flight from Stansted, Mikita jumped in his car from south of the border, Tenky jumped on his bike.
Tigger and Mikita arrived to find the princess on the floor and Tenky flicking through her phone. "What have you done Tenky?" "Nothing to do with me. I was just checking her phone to see who she's been with." Just then someone else entered, someone who looked very like the princess. He went straight to a cabinet. "Are you looking for a defibrillator?" came the concerned response. "No I'm getting my Simple Minds CD back that she took from me 30 years ago." Just then he looked at Tenky, their eyes met and they were immediately smitten. Tenky stepped forward took his hand and they left the flat without a word being spoken.
Tigger said "There's nothing wrong with her. She's just being para... Mikita jumped in. "Uh Uh Uh, she's just been paralysed, yes that's it, she's just been paralysed!" He picked up the bottle of Irn Bru and tasted it. "It's been laced!" he said in abject horror. Luckily he was pure of heart and it had no effect on him. "She's gone too far this time Tigger." he said. Tigger was saddened, "We have to do something." he said. "We need you here with the princess." Mikita said. "Your counselling skills may be all that can save her now."
Mikita made his way to the airport and boarded a flight to Dublin. He made his way to the dark forest where nobody goes. He walked deep into the forest where he came across a cave with a large door. It didn't have a number like normal doors, just weird symbols, but he knew this was the place. He took a deep breath and knocked on the door. A little boy's voice with a funny accent replied "Who's there?" "It's me Mikitaka, let me in." "Have you got any fish?" "No!" "Then you can't come in." Then came a little girl's voice "Vot do you Vont?" "I'm here to see Scarey." "You better come in then."
Mikita opened the large oak door and walked inside, but it was dark and he stumbled over a cat scurrying across his path. He fell forlorn to the floor. He raised his eyes and saw these long elegant legs that seemed to go on forever. He pulled himself to his feet and stood in awe of this stunning looking woman dressed in a black basque. This was no ordinary witch, this was a naughty witch. She stepped forward and gently grabbed his crotch. No-one had ever grabbed his crotch like that before. He took her in his arms and kissed her passionately.
Poor Mikita, how was he to know she had not been with a man for 300 years. To this day the villagers hear groaning and the earth moving, but they are too afraid to venture into the forest.
As for the princess, she is improving. She still cannot walk but Tigger takes her to all the Motherwell games, where she shouts abuse at the visiting fans. Legend has it that she will be able to walk again when Motherwell finally win a game but that's a bit far fetched don't you think ?
 mikitaka

New Years Eve 2017
Posted: 12/31/2017 4:12:04 PM
Happy New Year everyone and especially Flutter as we all miss you.
 mikitaka
Msg: 377 (view)

Paul and Paulette go to a party
Posted: 12/30/2017 4:08:18 PM
Paulette knocks on Nicola's door.

Nicola - Hallo hen, gid tae see ye, come oan in. Hey Alex, look who's here!
Alex - Whit brings you ower here Poppet
Paulette - It's Paulette and this is Paul.
Alex - Aye, aye come oan in the pair o ye.
Paulette - I've brought the manifesto. Me and my new boyfriend's been working on it for weeks.
Nicola - Let me see it hen.
Paul - I figured since all the men wore skirts they wouldn't have anywhere to keep a pen, so me and Paulette have written it for you.
Nicola - It's kilts ya eejit and ye cannae be writing it in pen. It's supposed to be in pencil so we can change it when the papers slag aff the other mobs. Whit's this first line say ? I cannae read it.
Paulette - We want oot.
Nicola - We want oot ? Aye that's good hen. Whit's the next line ?
Paulette - A penny tax on a bottle of Irn Bru. That'll get us 4 billion.
Nicola - Are ye aff yer nut ? We're the only wans that drink it. Ye'll get us lynched, that's coming oot.
Paulette - Oh Aye we never thought of that.
Nicola - What's the next line ?
Paulette - no claiming expenses in Westminster when not in attendance.
Alex - Are you nuts ? I made 20 grand last year.
Nicola - now come on Alex that needs to stop.
Alex - Aye but they're all at it.
Nicola - Aye but you're no even an MP anymore!
Alex - Anyway son, whit team dae ye support ?
Paul - Celtic
Alex - GUARDS ! Get this pair o eejits oot o here.
 mikitaka
Msg: 39 (view)

Scars, birthmarks, disfigurement
Posted: 12/28/2017 4:56:57 PM
666 is the mark of the beast. Quoted in Book of Revelations. In the film The Omen the AntiChrist is the devil's child conceived through a demonic attack of a virgin. The child was born with 666 on the back of his head and was supposed to bring about the end of the world. (The child's name was Damien in the film). Only fool's and horses played on the demonic inference by having Del Boy christen his son Damien and Rodney looking in fear every time Damien is brought up in conversation.
 mikitaka
Msg: 307 (view)

Oh yes he did
Posted: 12/28/2017 3:02:30 PM
Panto season, so I've enlisted the support of some of our regular posters to play the parts. Any similarity to real people is totally out of the question, as no-one on here is for real.
Tenky - Hey Minette babes, good and bad news. You can call me the Glasgow Don now.
Minette - Oh Tenky, you didn't put a horses head in tiggers bed ?
Tenky - (Mutters .. tigger .. curses .. spits on floor). Naw you stoopit cow, I've been awarded my Phd in woodwork. The bad news is they won't give me back your cheeseboard. I'm off to the fridge for a celebratory beer, back in a mo.
(Wanders towards the kitchen, slips and crashes to the floor. Gets up stunned "Why is this floor always wet?" Walks back to the keyboard)
Mikita - Tenky, I see your still raving about my crotch, you'll have to make up your mind what side your batting for. Best to leave me out of your plans, I've got my eye on a hot, witty, honest, self effacing young lady on here. (I was gonna say voluptuous but I don't want you hitting on her too.) And why do you keep calling me old and fat ? You can be so insensitive at times. Have a look at yourself first. I think you should get a bike and work on your own issues. Personally I think I look good, sort of Pierce Brosnanish. When you finally dispose of Minette, if you plant her face down in the garden you'll have somewhere to park your bike.
Mikita - Hey Minette, I don't have meet me and your midgets only setting won't let me contact you. Add me to your favourites and we'll go out some time. You can bring your brother, he'll be safe with me.
Minette - Feck off you Geordie cvnt!
Mikita - I'm not a Geordie!
Minette - Feck off you plastic Geordie cvnt!
(Mikita wanders off to the kitchen, slips ... goes back to the keyboard)
Tenky - As I was saying Minette, now I'm doctored up I'll be able to work Saturdays while you're at footie.
Minette - That's great Tenky, you'll be able to take me out then.
Tenky - Fraid not Minette I was just gonna give extra classes to the young chicks, I couldn't possibly charge them. You know how women are useless at DIY so I'd be helping them out.
Minette - (swoons) Oh Tenky, you really are so noble. xx

Disclaimer - Any reference to a Weegie tw@t within these passages; actual or perceived; does not confer all Weegies (or plastic Weegies) as tw@ts or by inference, Weegies being Scottish that all Scots are tw@ts.
Any accusation of me accusing someone of being a mass murderer just for parking their bike is totally unfounded.
 mikitaka
Msg: 37 (view)

Scars, birthmarks, disfigurement
Posted: 12/28/2017 11:42:45 AM
That wasn't a birthmark mate, that was 3 sixes. :)
 mikitaka
Msg: 194 (view)

whats the daftest thing you have done when drunk
Posted: 12/22/2017 2:07:04 PM
Pauline is a plastic weegie. The sectarianism is mostly drawn round football lines. Edinburgh has a less aggressive dividing line but does have elements of sectarianism too. Motherwell has a neutral fan base because it contains both sections of the divide. I have friends who support Motherwell who have soft spots for Rangers and some for Celtic.

On topic - I was out celebrating our final exams when I was 21. Pub crawled a few bars and then got convinced into getting a curly perm a la Kevin Keegan era. Finished the pub crawl, one of my friends collapsed in a heap in a museum graveyard. My other friend and I tried to lift him and we both collapsed. I then felt a tug with someone saying "Come on curly get up the police are going to lift you." My immediate thought was ... 'Who is she calling curly ?" Anyway I got up and staggered a few mile home. The other two got ferried to their doors by some very understanding policemen. Never touch vodka anymore.
 mikitaka
Msg: 420 (view)

Vote deleted please...
Posted: 12/12/2017 9:30:13 AM
I agree with Kirk on this one. When the screen goes it's a virtual right off. New models come out every one to two years and so the parts that would still be useful are too old for the newer models. So it's pretty much useless. As Billy suggests there can be high voltages left after powering off, even after a few days. Could kill you if touched with power on. However with the power off and touching the capacitor circuitry you might not need your hair straighteners for a few days but is not likely to be fatal unless you had some heart problem, but Pauline tells me you don't have a heart ;)
I was advocating pushing connectors in place which are insulated. Touching any metal part in a tv is never a good idea. The older TVs with the cathode ray tube are a bigger hazard as even the tube and what looks to be insulated connector to that tube can hold a high voltage. I wasn't specific enough in my first response and best advice for anyone not familiar with electrics/electronics is leave well alone.
 mikitaka
Msg: 412 (view)

Vote deleted please...NO!
Posted: 12/11/2017 2:06:45 PM
Hi Scarey,
I've never tried to fix a large screen tv but it can be something simple to it'll cost more in parts than to buy new. Any decent sparky could tell you within 10 minutes if it's a lost cause or not. The basics could range from your batteries are flat in the remote, there's a connector inside making a bad connection or a fuse in the power supply has gone. (would cost pennies to replace). Or at the other end there's been a major surge taking out most of the circuits. In the middle it could be a few components like a diode or transistor fail that would cost a few pounds plus labour to about £20. You just need to find someone trustworthy to look at (free estimate). If you want to try pushing the internal connectors in yourself make sure the power lead is out and it's been off for a few minutes.
I'm assuming of course you haven't thrown a mug through the screen when your favourite was voted off.
 mikitaka
Msg: 165 (view)

The way women reject a dude online...
Posted: 11/22/2017 3:51:04 PM
Hi Scarey, I'm steering clear of the forums of late, as it's all a bit confrontational, which isn't a good thing for the soul. No point in getting all twisted about foolish ideas propounded by ignorant people. Before I give you my worthless opinion I'd like you to note that I read your piece about tattoos and your comment on having freckles. You do realise if you fall asleep it's highly likely you'll wake up with a felt tip tattoo as my inner child plays join the dots !
On topic, no rational person would be anything other than horrified at this guys actions. He's picking up where Jimmy Saville left off. Which brings me to another theory of life I have. The first time I saw Jimmy Saville I thought he was shady and took an instant dislike to the man. A bit like love at first sight but in the opposite direction. Some believe in love at first sight, some don't. They do say the first few seconds of a first encounter form very strong emotions one way or the other, call it chemistry good or bad.
What you are giving as examples are no chemistry or bad chemistry interactions which I agree warrant condemnation, particularly if it is against vulnerable people - children or people with mental incapacity of any form. What I based my encounter in the bar on was a case of good chemistry and that allowed the boundaries to be stretched. Oddly enough I think a woman can get away with this but I don't think a man can, nor would I even contemplate it. Based mainly on the sensitivities of the different genders. It couldn't have been love at first sight though, as I'd have been back at that bar for weeks running.
This raises another moral issue. Is it ok for a person of average or higher intelligence to date someone of sub normal IQ? Who should decide ? Family, Society or Law makers? Not that I think you'll ever date 10ky.
 mikitaka
Msg: 77 (view)

Cookin ...
Posted: 11/4/2017 8:51:39 AM
Scarey - stovies are much akin to Irish stew. I had 5 brothers and 3 sisters growing up and my mother was a traditional cook from the post war years. Our version of stovies included potato, onion, carrot, stewed steak, sausages, slice (square sausage meat) and stock (sometimes bisto). Very filling and good for cold days.
Re 10ky, I don't think we should invite him to the wedding.
 mikitaka
Msg: 62 (view)

Cookin ...
Posted: 11/3/2017 4:05:51 PM
Pauline - I'm not saying this because he slagged me off on Halloween, I realised it was Halloween and he'd probably been out trick or treating and been mugged off by some kids for his galoshins. Getting beaten up by a 10 year old can be very disconcerting.
If I were you and curiosity got the better of you, I'd meet him in a public place with your brother and leave with your brother. Don't meet him alone.

Nobody's mentioned stovies yet, has the traditional celtic cooking been forgotten ?
 mikitaka
Msg: 5 (view)

Sadest song you know of
Posted: 11/3/2017 3:12:27 PM
Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton
in memory of his toddler son who fell from a high rise building window.
 mikitaka
Msg: 23 (view)

Favourite singer
Posted: 11/2/2017 2:26:14 PM
Square - I didn't know she had only one vocal chord. I have about 10 of her albums and just read that in France they released a 36 CD set of mostly French songs. Got a bit of collecting to do then. Love her Ode to joy.
And to add some balance has to be Elvis and Billy Ocean's Red light.
 mikitaka
Msg: 20 (view)

Favourite singer
Posted: 11/2/2017 11:14:27 AM
Nana Mouskouri
Doris Day
Sarah Brightman
and the curve ball Nicole Kidman with Robbie
 mikitaka
Msg: 161 (view)

Posted: 10/31/2017 5:18:03 PM
10ky - does this mean the wedding is off ? I love you man, well maybe the 20 bucks your gonna give me for the time of your life big boy. Mwah.
 mikitaka
Msg: 158 (view)

Posted: 10/31/2017 3:30:43 PM
Chappie - I read this today, quite apt as you say. Noticed also today Billy Connolly commented that the current spate of indiscretions brought to light in Westminster may bring about greater consideration by men about behaviour. Also as a consequence changes to rules about conduct and investigation of any accusations. Interesting, so long as they don't ban me from the water!

Scarey - Does this mean the wedding is off ? I had such high hopes for you.

Re- your question about my view on the said sexual assault. We'll assume this to be a real sexual assault and not an implied one, say an unexpected boob grab. I'd have no problems with the said woman verbally abusing the assailant and even slapping the aggressor. I'd take a different stance if she stabbed or killed him.
Had she been raped and killed him, even days after the attack I'd consider leniency and possibly exoneration depending on the matter of events.
I only used the analogy because it makes people think and not gloss over without taking in points raised. Incidentally 10ky didn't jump in to disagree with you. Maybe your views and his being so polar are not so different after all. You have criticised 10ky for insults rather than response to argument hmm. ;)

Pauline - I hardly think a momentary grab of a man's parts would be sensual. I believe my lady friend was instigating a shock tactic as a bit of fun, not to eroticise or weigh me up.
 mikitaka
Msg: 152 (view)

Posted: 10/30/2017 3:44:58 PM
When a shark bites someone on a beach, there are options one can take. You can ban everyone from going in the water, you can hunt down that shark, kill all sharks or you can put nets around the bay and watchtowers. It would be good if you could find that shark, not so good if you wiped out all the sharks, not so good if you banned everyone from the water and risky if a shark got through the cordon. My preference would be the latter. I want the choice of going in the water.
I know what you are saying about the assaults. An unwanted assault I would communicate I wasn't happy to that person, a second I would take action either physically or whistleblowing. Both uncomfortable actions that need you to stand up for yourself. I have no problem doing that and anyone who is afraid, I'd advocate getting support. Because I am comfortable in my own skin I still wish to reserve the choice. Let the courts decide on an assault if I choose to prosecute, not blanket ban what could be a harmless flirtation.
I had my butt felt as a 20 year old in a Parisian disco by what looked like a Harlem Globetrotter. (Must have been my Saturday Night Fever moves on the dancefloor). My response was to move away, the guy clearly had mistaken me for a lover not a fighter. Also had an octopus date from a lady on here ... she didn't make it to second date. Despite these setbacks I still reserve the choice of deciding whether someone has flirted or assaulted me.
 mikitaka
Msg: 150 (view)

Posted: 10/30/2017 1:06:03 PM
Yet this
So the other guys were leaving ahead of me when an attractive, smartly dressed woman of my age entered the bar. One of those instant attraction moments when we both caught sight of each other. So exchanged smiles and I walked to the exit when she grabbed my crotch totally unexpectedly on the way past. When I turned she was yards away with a cheeky smile on her face. Was that an assault ? Hell no! I was very flattered.

Apparently the difference between something being an assault or not is if the person on the receiving end liked it or whether the person doing it was pretty or not.

Ok maybe if she'd fallen from the ugly tree I'd have thought differently but that is what I'd call consensual and acceptable.

Or if she was ugly or not. Someone has just posted saying that getting your private parts grabbed by a complete stranger is consensual and acceptable.

I'd have expected you to recognise the difference between an implicit agreement between two adults and an unwarranted invasion of one's privacy. I'd appreciate if you didn't enforce your moral standards on me. I have no wish to be Talibanned by a seventeenth century puritanical attitude. I was not offended, she was not offended; no assailant, no victim and thus no case to answer. You have made a judgement on an attack that didn't happen.
As for the tongue in cheek ugly reference, we all have our views of ugliness. I have seen some beautiful women on here who are ugly to the core. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and she could just as easily have been beautiful and the chemistry not have kicked in to initiate the flirtation in the first place.
Rather than enforce unwanted rules and laws on others, you should be pressing for proper trial, conviction and sentence on the real offenders. That entails building systems to protect and give moral support to the victim. Admitting as evidence previous attacks even when found innocent. (If someone has three previous accusations of rape and are on a fourth trial, I'd want to know about it. The jury could consider evidence from the previous trials.) Additionally false claims of rape should be heard too. The system needs an overhaul and not over burdened with technicalities.
 mikitaka
Msg: 90 (view)

Posted: 10/28/2017 12:50:14 PM
Shades of grey, no not the book. Life in general. A few years back I was having a leaving do with friends. I'm usually last to finish my drink as I'm a bit of a girly drinker. So the other guys were leaving ahead of me when an attractive, smartly dressed woman of my age entered the bar. One of those instant attraction moments when we both caught sight of each other. So exchanged smiles and I walked to the exit when she grabbed my crotch totally unexpectedly on the way past. When I turned she was yards away with a cheeky smile on her face. Was that an assault ? Hell no! I was very flattered. Ok maybe if she'd fallen from the ugly tree I'd have thought differently but that is what I'd call consensual and acceptable.
Now to the shades of grey. If I was getting cosy with a woman and my hand started to wander and she said no and nothing else. (Like she could have said "no, it's the wrong time." or some other qualifier. But a simple no would be a forever no to me unless she instigated manoeuvres next time. 10ky however, I don't think would understand this no, as he seems to be missing a few links in his genome, judging by his posts. He does seem to miss the concept of empathy so I don't think I should criticise him for it. So badgering him for not understanding is fruitless. If he can't read the emotion of the situation, he needs to recognise any no is a stop. He could be of the opinion it's a playful no, playing hard to get in his view. So he has to learn that no means no all the time in his case.
Now I must apologise to 10ky for using him as the foil but he does seem to have acquired the devil incarnate title of late. I don't know if he is narcissist, sociopath or just a good pretender but he fits the bill for the bad guy here.
 mikitaka
Msg: 2 (view)

Limit 'Meet Me' Radius
Posted: 9/23/2017 2:02:51 PM
You could move to London or get a boat, but personally I'd select my location further north and this would take North Devon out of the range. It'll cut your travel time :)
 mikitaka
Msg: 40 (view)

Natural anti-cancer remedies
Posted: 8/3/2017 10:00:22 AM
What's the difference whether we call something a foodstuff or a medicine. Willow contains blood thinning properties cultivated to make aspirin which prevents potential heart attacks and premature death. Who cares whether you are saved by chewing on a piece of willow or taking it in tablet form if it has the same effect.
It has also been long established that some cancers are caused by viral intrusion at cellular level. Like HPV virus leading to cervical and ovarian cancers further down the line. Some foods are anti viral in nature so it makes sense that if you reduce or eliminate the virus you will limit or remove the potential for that cancer. just because Steve Jobs didn't find a cure or prevention doesn't mean there isn't one. We are still primitive in what we know about bodies and their legion of good, bad and indifferent organisms within.
It's naïve to think there are no preventative agents in food that can influence disease of any form. We just haven't discovered them yet and one size doesn't fit all. Me eating pizza might stop me getting a cancer due to the tomato effect but it may well trigger some other reaction due to my unique chemistry. So if nothing is working for you, why not try someone else's remedy.
 mikitaka
Msg: 15 (view)

Its a zombie apocalypse. What is your greatest concern?
Posted: 7/20/2017 9:54:22 AM
After a few belts of scotch I'd be drinking the hydrochloric! I'm afraid a few martinis would push me to the edge.
 mikitaka
Msg: 14 (view)

highlighted profile
Posted: 7/20/2017 9:46:56 AM
Hi write I've tried the meet me app on my PC. I only ever select no just to see the next pic, or if I thought maybe in the future, rather than say no I switch between the tabs at the top from meet me to eg. online then back to the meet me tab. If the pic doesn't change I do it again or try one of the other tabs and back to meet me. It generally moves on to someone else after at most 3 times. You don't have to log off and on. Like others have said, if someone is a paid up member saying no might not remove them completely from the meet me. They also appear more frequently if they have selected you as a possible meet.
Anyway apologies for my friends on here, they have grown cynical and cranky due to a few numpties posting nasty threads. There really are a lot of nice people here, so join in the fun but take things with a pinch of salt. If this doesn't help give up and just read their profiles. If you want to look at someone's profile anonymously, you can scan through the online pages then log out, then just use the back arrow at the top left of your screen and that will take you to the page you looked at last or keep back arrowing until you get to a page of interest then look at the profile. You should be offline still and thus be anonymous. Some people assume that when you look, it means you are interested, this way you can be nosey without comeback.
 mikitaka
Msg: 4 (view)

highlighted profile
Posted: 7/19/2017 2:08:44 PM
WRITEFORFUN !!! You didn't tell me it was my pic! I'm shocked ;)
 mikitaka

highlighted profile
Posted: 7/19/2017 2:06:31 PM
It's fate telling you he is the one. Meet him, but first send him some naughty pics to pique his interest.
 mikitaka
Msg: 9 (view)

Its a zombie apocalypse. What is your greatest concern?
Posted: 7/18/2017 1:56:10 PM
Well fill up, you don't have to worry about the glasses. I've found them, they're on top of your head!
Stew, not big on chemistry but I'm sure there's no such thing as hydroelectric acid. Must be some other acid you're on. Course we could always try hydrochloric ;)
Not a believer in zombies but we do get some funny people on here that come close.
 mikitaka
Msg: 47 (view)

The new inquisition is upon us - and you cannae see it.
Posted: 7/11/2017 4:29:40 PM
"We're being walked all over and our freedoms have been eroded down to the bone yet no one's doing nothing about it."
You can't say that! I'm doing nothing about it.
As for the Trump and Brexit revolts, it's not a revolt against political correctness. It's a vote against the failing policies that are trundled out from government to government and the inequalities driven by greed and cronyism. I'm all for the freedom of speech right up till someone starts shouting "death to the ..." So there has to be limitations. Likewise what starts off being banter gets blown out of proportion in the hands of a hater so rules have to be enforced that erode our liberties but for the greater good.
"Don't give me rights at the expense of someone else's freedom" is fine but take away the rights of those who abuse freedom.
Apart from that I like some of your arguments, so don't give up on us old sheep yet.
 mikitaka
Msg: 5 (view)

Profile TMI ?
Posted: 7/10/2017 1:41:38 PM
Most folks highlight their good points on profiles. I mean if you were going for an interview you wouldn't announce you had tattoos for fear of prejudicing what has nothing to do with your abilities. Get yourself the interview, get your views out and then discuss your tattoos if you get into meaningful conversation.
I've had the privilege of hearing your views without prejudice and you're a very date worthy woman. After a little longer healing I think you should get back on the proverbial horse. Being 40 something is too early to become a spinster (did I say that too loudly ... apologies I meant 30 something!)
I've got a bad knee but won't be singing it from the rooftops in case I get dropped for footie this week. Probably got a lot of worse faults too but least my toes are ok.
 mikitaka

Oh God!
Posted: 7/9/2017 2:08:53 PM
flutter - I agree we won't know but we can aspire to greater things through knowledge of others experience. Armies train for war situations and although it won't be the same as the real thing it does improve the likelihood of not being the rabbit in the headlight when the time comes.
As for children that adds another question. We could sacrifice our own life for the greater good but would we sacrifice our child to save two strangers?
Anyway OT I agree with Hostess, there needs to be some kind of attraction. I think I would react badly to some 70 year old man asking for a shag. All I was doing was pointing out that some of our values are petty in the larger scheme of things. BTW if I get any invites from 70 year olds they're coming your way 10ky.
 mikitaka
Msg: 18 (view)

Oh God!
Posted: 7/9/2017 11:19:37 AM
We move into interesting ground. Hostess is scathing of the physical ugliness and the worthless (financially) unemployed would be suitors. Jelly brings in lack of social grace and adds another metric to the league table. So we can have looks, class, money, intelligence, humour etc adding to the table.
Has anyone seen the film 'The admirable Crichton' with Kenneth More in the butler's role ? After a shipwreck his Lordship fails to make critical lifesaving decisions and the butler steps up to the plate and applies his practical skills to make their life comfortable and assumes the leadership role. Let's face it we'd all be better off with Bear Grylls than a stockbroker in a wilderness ordeal.
Similarly having read a Holocaust survivors book written by a doctor. All privileges revoked and regardless of worth all prisoners were debased to the lowest level. Some interns became 'capos' and brutalised their fellow prisoners worse than the SS guards themselves. Throughout his captivity he witnessed the best and the worst of man. Some helped others knowing they would be physically assaulted and even gave up the meagre lifesaving bread to hep others and died as a result.
The person I want beside me is that giver. Like the author I don't condemn the capo, he has saved his suffering and possibly his life and what would I do in his predicament? Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. How many of us could be given the stick and rule fairly? Would you favour your friends over strangers?
If I find the giver and you are not accepting of them, be you friend, family or social club associate I'd walk away from you.
 mikitaka
Msg: 15 (view)

Oh God!
Posted: 7/9/2017 2:20:42 AM
Whoops a major disturbance in the sisterhood. Head for the bar guys troubles afoot. Where's LBG when you need him? It just goes to show everything and everybody has it' place in life. When they wipe out the Great whites, the seals take over and the fish stocks dwindle.
On topic we all have our standards, some higher than others. Sometimes individuals bat above their weight and ultimately the relationship collapses when something better catches their partner's attention. To ensure this doesn't happen both parties have to have an equal attraction and work at maintaining it. So getting it right in the first place is key. Check with your friends as a check and balance that you and your partner are compatible.
Me, I'd like to date Carol Vorderman but she's out of my league!
 mikitaka
Msg: 38 (view)

Should Busty women have to pay an extra 2 quid for bras?
Posted: 6/22/2017 12:55:03 AM
Well, with Jo and Aggers needing supersized skimpies, it looks like Jelly's got competition for the rear of the year ;0
 mikitaka

things that make you pee your pants
Posted: 5/17/2017 4:27:49 PM
Hi Chappie, don't think we've met but I did used to get called out at 3 in the morning regularly with guys pulling the link cables out so they could have a break. I am also a sweaty sock but better not say it too loud as some of my compatriots are getting a bit hot and sticky about name calling at the minute. My callouts were all in the Newcastle area and thankfully I'm settled in a 9-5 without the phone ringing at unsocial hours any more.

On topic, we had a new guy start at our factory in the maintenance department looking after networks and electronic equipment. On night shift some guys had been shaking the chocolate bar machine to get free goodies. So security were trying to catch the culprits. So we phoned this guy up and said there's a fault with the chocolate machine, can you come and fix it. His response was " I don't look after chocolate machines!" You work for maintenance don't you ? "Well yes"
Then get your butt down to the canteen and fix the machine. Go to security and ask for the keys to the chocolate machine.
So he popped down and asked for the keys and got a roasting from the guard. Poor guy came back in shock.
 mikitaka
Msg: 25 (view)

Settings and all that jazz
Posted: 5/15/2017 2:30:22 PM
10ky - It's karma. When you say or do bad things, bad things come your way. You also missed Scarey, she's one of your superfans. The guys you mentioned all started off being polite in the first interchanges but you continued to provoke. That led them into negativity and fuelled the fires. Lately you've mellowed and people began to discuss more civilly with you but you tend to revert to type. So I thought I'd throw in the odd barb.
You do take things personally though and bark back rather than take constructive criticism. For my part, I welcome criticism. I know I'm not perfect and I invite anyone to disagree with my views. I'll change my mind if I see merit in their argument. It's all part of bettering yourself for your own piece of mind.
 mikitaka
Msg: 23 (view)

Settings and all that jazz
Posted: 5/15/2017 1:58:55 PM
I've got this girl friend who went to Glasgow with a bunch of her mates on a 60th birthday bash. Not being able to hold her drink, she began to fall behind her mates and decided to call time for herself in a bar whilst the rest moved on. She got talking to a bloke at the bar and decided, what the hell go for it. So she jumps into his bed and slings off her thong. The guy jumps in but fails to make the grade. So she falls into a deep sleep.
Morning comes and she's awakened by the guy playing with himself into the sink and holding her thong. Even more disturbing he's got a guys name tattooed on his arm. She challenges him about having a guys name on his arm and he flips. She quickly makes her escape. Now she's saying he was like two different people and is asking whether this counts as a threesome.
(10ky you probably sink this thong is about you, don't you?)
 mikitaka
Msg: 11 (view)

People have lost their sense of humour
Posted: 5/15/2017 12:32:56 PM
I don't think 10KY is understanding the empathy advice, which is an inherent trait of a psychopath. It reminds me of his famous poet Robert the Bruce "O would some power the giftie gie us, to see ourselves as others see us." For a sick joke to be funny it has to be shared with sick people. In this case his lady friend was a bit too normal for his current company.
 mikitaka
Msg: 2 (view)

things that make you pee your pants
Posted: 5/15/2017 9:19:42 AM
Used to repair mainframe computer systems. One of the lads had brought in a stuffed armadillo, so we took all the PCBs out of the computer bottom cage and stuck the armadillo inside. We then raised a job card for the tech to look at it. Was hilarious when he pulled open the cage and staggered backwards in terror before falling over.
 mikitaka

Your favourite sport? What and why?
Posted: 5/13/2017 12:01:57 PM
Has to be rugby for me. Every person has a position they could be good at. Strength, speed, size, skill and intelligence all come into play. A brave little guy can knock over a guy twice his size and the options you have when you have the ball are limitless. I think everyone should have been introduced to it and teams evenly mixed to build up the camaraderie.
 mikitaka
Msg: 4 (view)

Pornography
Posted: 5/5/2017 2:41:43 PM
The M & S popcorn I get is ready made. I suppose you could re-heat on defrost but that's bit o'er technical for my cooking skills. Don't think they'll have the DIY stuff as it would never be as good.
 mikitaka

Pornography
Posted: 5/5/2017 1:31:24 PM
I took my son to the pictures and queued for the popcorn. When my turn came she asked if I wanted sweet or salted. I said sweet but she didn't hear me and she asked again. I thought she didn't know which side was which, so told her the one on her left was the sweet and my son being a smart ass said "Why are you telling her that?"
Anyway I crashed my car on a country road. Was doing 70 and hit a slick and I veered all over the place trying to correct but slammed into a kerb, which launched the car into the air flipping it over a hedgerow and landing on the roof. Must've slid a good 50 yards on the roof. So decided I better not tell my mother as she frets about things like that. The following week I turned up with my son at my mother's and she asked about the new car. So the son pipes up "It's called Shergar, as he likes to jump fences with them!" The little smart ass doesn't know Shergar was a flat horse!
Anyway I digress OT I like butterkist but prefer M & S butter popcorn. A different M & S from 10KYs allusion.
 mikitaka
Msg: 22 (view)

Socttish independence and the old scottish ba.sta.rds.
Posted: 4/29/2017 8:00:03 AM
I agree with Jo on the tribalism issue. As Vlad says religion is a big thing in Scotland. I look forward to the day when religion enters it's death throes and the in fighting stops. The problem is something else will pop up. Scotland has a mix of Irish immigrants, maybe second, third plus generation but the traditional anti colonial spirit remains. Adding to that the Scots own history of battling the English invaders, makes for a large anti English sentiment.
The divisive issues are however small when looked at in the context of wider confrontations. Consider the rivalry in any sporting contest between England and Scotland or between England and Australia. There is determined effort on both sides to put one over the other. Now consider holidaying in a foreign land. You find your mortal enemy is the only one in your location who speaks your language. All of a sudden you are friends, whether you be Geordie or Mackem, celtic or rangers. The prejudices you have today are magnified out of all proportion.
So as they say in Scotland "Vive la difference" and that includes redheads.
 mikitaka

Whats the funniest mistaken conversation you ever had??
Posted: 4/11/2017 10:17:29 AM
Way back in the depths of time, my friend and I were frequenting our local hostelry. We got separated as we talked to various friends. A young woman and her friend got talking to me and after some time she asked if I'd like to go out on the Saturday night. "Course I would." was my reply. To which she added do you think your friend George would go out with my friend Anne. " I'll ask him." So George has a look over and was quite happy to buddy up. So we were set.
Saturday night I was to meet my girl and George who had been called, agreed to meet Ann at a local bus stop and we'd all meet in a local bar.
So I'm sitting chatting with my girl and George makes an entrance with some random woman I'd never seen in my life. My mouth dropped and I could see a broad smile on George's face. He'd been waiting at the bus stop expecting this girl's friend to show up who we had seen on the night, when this stranger approaches him and says "Shall we go?" After a bemused few seconds he walked her to the pub and was highly amused at my shock reaction too.
Highlights the men are from mars and women are from venus theme. How could a guy guess that her friend Ann wasn't in the same building when she offered her up for a date. Didn't work out for myself or George, probably down to the spontaneous outbursts of laughter throughout the evening.

Show ALL Forums