Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Gone for a couple days, come back here and I'm blocked?
 DANCEWITHMOOSE
Msg: 16 (view)

Gone for a couple days, come back here and I'm blocked?
Posted: 9/27/2008 7:57:17 AM
I don't know why my post reply has a little head with a cigarette...I did not put that there....Hhhmmmm. I don't use those little things.
 DANCEWITHMOOSE
Msg: 15 (view)

Gone for a couple days, come back here and I'm blocked?
Posted: 9/27/2008 7:49:42 AM
I agree with the initial post.......by fivegrand on 8/28/2008 205 AM

I am not on the computer every day. I may go a day or two without logging in to the dating sites.
It is NOT that I am not interested....... sometimes I am just too busy.
I believe in taking time ...... to think about a reply to some of the mail I get.
Remember as well, YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE SENDING MAIL . I get my regular Email from friends and family. Jokes, photo's, news....as well as Email pertaining to work.
I have dial-up and my computer is slow. IM is pretty much not an option. I work both from home and and out ..........when I have time off..... I leave the house.
I do not want to live my life attached to a computer.
I agree that some people have no patience.

Remember as well, you may have written a note, but it is possible that the person you wrote to is on Vacation? Working out of town? Working overtime hours? Maybe just wants to take a short break from a electronic device?
I hope that some of you realize that being patient may reap rewards of meeting interesting, creative, person,....... that is NOT a "computer chair potato".

This time of year some of us have wood to cut and stack, winterize the house, spend time with friends and family (especially with the holidays coming in Nov & Dec)
......oh yeah....and work.
Hopefully you will understand that it is nice to have a friend, or partner, that has ....A LIFE.....then, should you meet, and end up spending time together you won't both be sitting in front of a computer side by side writing to each other.

I think it is unreasonable to expect an instant reply.... and that it does NOT mean that the person isn't interested.

Best of Luck to All !
 DANCEWITHMOOSE
Msg: 353 (view)

Who likes coffee for a frist date??
Posted: 9/26/2008 8:41:48 AM
Hi...again, I also read some of you prefer other activities. In this day and age UNFORTUNATELY...not everyone on line is honorable.
To meet somewhere secluded...like hiking, or to go out on a boat....or some other less public place, may be a safer choice for second meeting.
As well.....what do you do halfway through a hike, or out in the middle of the lake, and realize.............
there is nothing left to talk about, and there is no attraction.......by all means.....if your initial meeting goes well....head off to find a more creative place to get to know each other better.!!
 DANCEWITHMOOSE
Msg: 352 (view)

Who likes coffee for a frist date??
Posted: 9/26/2008 8:24:16 AM
I don't know what a "Frist" date is........

If you mean a "FIRST" date.......my thoughts:

I wrote that I would be comfortable meeting for the first time...not necessarily a "Date"....for Coffee..... I am a Woman.....not only Men post this.

That is a comfortable, light atmosphere, inexpensive, public, way to meet someone new. If you don't like Coffee....have Tea, Juice, Water, order a Danish, Pastry....whatever.......

Meeting for Coffee does NOT mean hanging out at Dunkin Donuts.....There are a lot of little Cafes that are pleasant, cozy, and have areas that you can quietly chat with someone. If there are no "Cafe's" or Bakeries in your area....go to a Restaurant and meet in the late afternoon...before Dinner hour starts. If you hit it off with this meeting, than stay for Dinner. ...have a beverage.....EASY.....No pressure.
If you don't seem to be a good match, than leave on a friendly note.

Expecting to go out on the town and to be spending a lot on a Dinner, possibly with beverages, can be a little much if you don't find an attraction to each other. Lets be realistic here.....with the cost of fuel, and dating a few people to find a partner,
it makes sense to go slow...if it works out......you will have more to spend on your next "Date" with that person.

Good Luck in your search.........
 DANCEWITHMOOSE
Msg: 9 (view)

Question re Undecided/Open about having children
Posted: 9/25/2008 1:42:11 PM
Another short thought..., if you strongly feel that you want children, that you have posted that in YOUR profile. That way anyone looking at your profile knows what you want for your future. Honesty is always the best policy.
 DANCEWITHMOOSE
Msg: 8 (view)

Question re Undecided/Open about having children
Posted: 9/25/2008 1:39:01 PM
Undecided/Open MEANS...UNDECIDED/OPEN......

If you have filled out these profiles, than you should already know that there are limited choices. Yes. No. Undecided/Open.

If someone doesn't want kids they will choose the answer...NO.

I do think you have asked a needless question.
 DANCEWITHMOOSE
Msg: 42 (view)

Could he be sexually incapacitated or gay?
Posted: 9/25/2008 8:49:01 AM
People are responding to what is in your profile because THAT IS WHO YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE...AND WHO YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE LOOKING FOR.....as I read your post and the replys....I observe the following:

1. Your post has both present tense and past tense.

2. You state he has not made any "Sexual or Sensual" moves, then state here that you only use this site for forums..."because all you get are "HORNY PRICKS" and "LOSERS"?

3. As stated by another reply, you list MONEY etc...maybe he is testing you to see how much of a gold digger you are?

4. You state that you are on other sites "With a completely different profile"? That would give many people RED FLAGS...that you are a dishonet person, and or have multiple personalities, or some such explanation. Why would you post completely different profiles? JUST WHO ARE YOU REALLY?

5. Yes, it is possible that he is gay (there are MANY, married to women, gay men). Maybe he is Asexual (NON sexual), and possibly he does have a physical reason. He could just want "eye candy", He could just want companionship. He could just be a respectable all around decent man. Who knows.

6. If in fact you are ANY of the people that you say you are, on ANY site, maybe you should take a look at yourself, in the real world, and try to find the answer.

7. IF you are any kind of a sincere, and mature person, than you can discuss how you are feeling. After a month of "Dating...(whatever that means in your world), than you should know each other enough to discuss that you are attracted to him sexually, and that you would like to spend the night together.
If you are not comfortable verbalizing, than make the first move, and see what happens, or, what is said to you. That should give you the answer.....from the only person that has the real answer to give.

I have been on a few dating sites for over a year, and I am simply mind boggled by the number of imature, socially challenged, non communicative, inconsiderate, and common sense disabled people that post threads such as this one.

How do you expect to find a compatible partner when you don't post honest profiles, have a negative outlook, and get all defensive when you don't like a resonse you get from people that you don't even know? When you ask for help....you should take the input, sort out what may work for you, and throw the rest away.

GOOD LUCK.....

Show ALL Forums