Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: How important are POF roses?
 huggybear3811
Msg: 127 (view)

How important are POF roses?
Posted: 12/5/2007 8:41:53 AM
Personally I have given only one rose to a lady who I found incredibly pretty. I normally send the other gifts, usually the snowman and woman with the rose behind his back because it is a nice Hello.
Before I make first contact with any lady I check to see if they have sent any roses.
If they have I assume they are allready interested in someone else and don't make contact again until they have two roses to send. There's my two cents....hope it helps!
 huggybear3811
Msg: 32 (view)

Ottawa Singles Event (Orleans) Saturday October 14, 2006
Posted: 10/14/2006 12:10:06 PM
Count me in. I hope it's not too late:
 huggybear3811
Msg: 12 (view)

What happened to the desire?
Posted: 5/14/2006 1:28:23 PM
Ever since I heard K.T.Oslins' version of "Live close by, Visit often" I have thought that I would really like that too. For me it would also need to be monogamus.
 huggybear3811
Msg: 194 (view)

OTTAWA PARTY LONESTAR(EAST) APRIL 21 2006
Posted: 4/9/2006 3:48:01 PM
Tried to make the last one, got "Murphied" , gonna try again!! Hope to make it this time. Ladies, if yer comin' after me..... bring a two by four!!!!!!!!!!!
 huggybear3811
Msg: 94 (view)

Ottawa Party: Lonestar Feb.3rd Hw 417 and St. Laurant
Posted: 1/30/2006 4:24:57 PM
looking forward to testing the waters this friday.someone save me a seat!!
 huggybear3811
Msg: 13 (view)

Age/gender distribution of PoF members
Posted: 1/15/2006 6:21:59 AM
This is my first contribution to any thread on POF and it is not my intention to either become a regular contributor, or to offend anyone.

That said, it has been my experience (and I have had a fair amount) that people in general wish someone (else) would do something they themselves would like done but are not willing to do.

My fear, is that this is exactly the kind of thing that leads to the conversion of a free site into a pay site.

That said, it would be my hope that those who would like a site to improve in any given way, would be willing to volunteer to help implement the change.

How would you feel if you were the architect of this site and the only thanks you received for your time and efforts were complaints about what you didn't do.

Having been a union shop steward and an event organizer for a large portion of my life I for one am grateful for the time and efforts of the few people who are willing to invest their valuable experience and abilities into making the lives of all the members a little easier. It is truly a thankless job.

The people who provide this service CHOOSE to do it for free. The day will come when that choice will change. We the members should be thankful that someone decided that it was worth the effort to provide this service, and for free to boot!!!

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR

huggybear3811
 huggybear3811
Msg: 4 (view)

New At This
Posted: 11/20/2005 2:47:51 PM
OK .First, my humble apologies for stepping on your or anyone elses intro.(I guess the "new at this " will explain that.) Not really sure what you mean by that tho', and just in the FYI vein,I have decided to resort to just being politely blunt , to hopefully avoid the bulls*** and dancing around what I'm really after. OK breathe ,,,that was too long without a period. So as of now my messages will read something like this...Have seen your picture and read your profile and fhink we could be a match.If after reading mine you feel the same we should e-talk .hope to hear from you soon huggy.......if this doesn't work I guess I will remain a lonely old fat fart.
 huggybear3811
Msg: 2 (view)

New At This
Posted: 11/20/2005 1:04:12 PM
I suppose that strictly speaking I am not actually new,new at this ,but this is the first time I am posting anything other than a profile. I have been checking out profiles for a few weeks now and I am wondering if it's just me or is the same thing happening to others. Before I ask this question I need to say this one thing(whatever it says about me).I am as aware as anyone else that beauty is only skin deep and that it doesn't count for much after you get to know someone,HOWEVER,looks are what attract me to a person first. I hope that makes me normal. NOW FOR THE QUESTION...WHY IS IT THAT THE PEOPLE I'M ATTRACTED TO DON'T SEEM TO BE ATTRACTED TO ME...AND VICE VERSA????????? Is it just me or do others feel like this too. OK that's two questions, but I would like some feedback please.

Show ALL Forums