Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: migrant caravan
 cotter
Msg: 273 (view)

migrant caravan
Posted: 11/28/2018 12:14:35 PM
Message 267 ...
Maybe if Obama hadn't of given pallets of cash to Iran ...

It was their money ... not ours.

President Obama gave it back to them because it was negotiated as such.

http://time.com/4441046/400-million-iran-hostage-history/
... $400 million that Iran in the late 1970s had paid for U.S. fighter jets, while Tehran was still a U.S. ally. After it turned into an enemy in 1979, Washington was not about to deliver the jets. But, all these years later, Iran wanted its money back—and with interest.
 cotter
Msg: 106 (view)

migrant caravan
Posted: 11/3/2018 1:55:00 PM
Message 104 ...
Really? Military wives are just like any other groups of wives, I know my daughter doesn't sit around like some clone, worshing as feet of her husband. None of the other wives I've met do that either.

Your experience is the same I witnessed during the Vietnam conflict ... at an airbase not far from town when I was active in the USO. Those wives had a voice and they used it. That was then, but now I'm seeing more and more wives and spouses leaning towards total worship.

It wouldn't surprise me if it's a new trend as the guy in the White House expects "worship" as well.
 cotter
Msg: 103 (view)

migrant caravan
Posted: 11/3/2018 9:14:00 AM
Message 92 ...

^Deployment is already ocurring. Tent cities are being built by the Army Corps of Engineers as of this posting.

Military families are well versed in their loved ones being deployed during the holidays. Or anytime for that matter so no "working against" them.

What I have recently experienced, the rank and file of the US military love Trump.

Message 102 ...
Military folks would love Trump, they are used to being sheep, following orders, following blindly.

Yes ... that is the way they are indoctrinated in boot camp. Never question orders and never question opinions of your CO's! They have to indoctrinate them like that because they have to be sure that they (the military underlings) will never question an order no matter how illegal it is, no matter how immoral it is ... no matter how wrong it is!

I don't know if I was a military wife and mother if I'd be happy knowing my partner might be shooting up stone throwing starving people looking for a better life for their children...or caging the children.

Most military spouses/partners are so embedded in the ass of their active military partner (who in turn is embedded in the ass of the CIC) that they wouldn't question what their partners are doing.

I had a recent conversation with just such a military "wife". She firmly believes that her husband is bound by law and oath to follow the orders of the CIC and subsequently his CO because the CIC would never order him to do anything illegal or immoral or in any way, shape, or form anything wrong.

She stated that she trusts her husband's judgement in following said orders and she also said given that, she has no need to read or even consider any other opinion. Done!

I'm wondering what the military, and Trump, would do if 15,000+ people stood as a human shield between the AR-15s, tanks, rocket launchers and those tired/hungry/thirsty stone throwing men, women and children.

I would love it if we could manage to do that ... I'd take off work to go there and join them!
 cotter
Msg: 25 (view)

migrant caravan
Posted: 10/26/2018 7:16:41 AM
Message 23 ...

Cotter - 19
Well if that's the case, then you need to be concerned about all the "illegal immigrants" that have arrived here via jet (probably economy class) and have over-stayed their visas with no intent of ever leaving.
I see cotter that you are still spouting your bullshit again
Nope ... students from other countries and people here on work/study programs overstay their visas on a regular basis. They do not arrive by running through a desert ... they arrive by plane. There are thousands of them and tRump never bothers to mention them and how illegal they are.

Did you complain about all the Somalians that were given (still are being given) asylum?
This is the best example of your ignorance and stupidity. If they were given asylum it means that the U.S. gave them permission to stay.
Yup ... that is the point I was making ... by being granted asylum, they are given permission to stay.

The people in the caravan are asking for asylum ... asking to be given legal permission to stay. Got it. That's what I was saying! (Who's ignorance and stupidity are you referring to?)

I hope you aren't confused by the truth but if you are it would be best you take up knitting and keep you're racist views to yourself.
Not sure what you consider the truth ... but in this case, you are the ignorant one.

You are either so stupid that you did not understand what I was writing or you are so hell-bent on trying to make someone else look stupid that you showed your own ignorance.

For anyone else that did not understand the point I was making, I was stressing that Somalians are indeed living here because they were granted asylum. And that is the legal way they got here. That is how the people in the caravan are "legally" planning to enter the US.

My point is that if people do not complain about the US granting the Somalians asylum, then WHY would they complain about granting the people in the caravan asylum?

Did you complain about the Somalians being flown into our country by air? (They arrive here with boat loads of belongings even though they claim they too are leaving in fear of their lives.
boatloads of belongings? Well if they're flying where are they putting those boats? In the overhead compartment? Now tell everyone whether you're ignorant of geography or lying to prove your point. I'm going to try and use small words so you understand the following.
Again ... I would venture to say that you are the ignorant one. You are probably unaware of all the things the Somalians brought with them. That's okay ... ignorance is bliss.

I used the expression "boat load" of belongings as a comparison to what the people in the caravan are bringing with them ... basically the clothes on their backs. Believe me, the Somalians arrived with a whole hell of a lot more things. Their departure from Somalia was well-planned and orchestrated so that they did not have to leave with just the clothes on their backs. Isn't that wonderful? Bet you didn't know that ... eh?

They did not have to trek thousands of miles with just the clothes on their back and mothers with just the milk in their breasts for their babies.

is is how they would get to the US by boat. In order to get to the west coast they would have to cross the Indian and Pacific oceans. In a boat? To get to the east coast they would have to go around the horn of Africa and cross the Atlantic ocean. In a boat? I would suggest you cover your ignorance of the world around you by now claiming they've been stealing cruise ships.
It's apparent that you were so hell-bent on trying to make me look like a fool that you made yourself look like a fool. LMAO ... took my words literally!

Did you complain about them being able to step off the plane and go straight into Welfare housing ... without having to wait to be processed as our own "American citizens" must do?
Now I'm thinking you're delusional. That is one of the stupidest statements I've ever read on the forums. Until they are processed by Immigration, they are housed by Immigration. How would they get into welfare housing before they are told they can stay.
Actually, since you were not here and did not experience it, you might be the "delusional" one. That's okay ... you just didn't know better.

Here in Columbus, Ohio ... second largest Somali population in the US ... they have a special center that liaises with other centers / organizations in Somalia to prepare for all the arrivals. There, they get a list of Somalis preparing to seek asylum and they process all the paperwork so that when they step off the plane, they really do have immediate housing, etc.

The Somalis really did step off the plane (here in Columbus) already enrolled on Welfare, stepped into fully furnished apartments stocked with food, already enrolled on Food Stamps and already enrolled on Medicaid.

Everyone knows that's how it works in the US except you apparently. Try another lie.
Sigh ... you might think you know how it all works, but it's clear you do not.

I am repeating myself (perhaps), but I worked very closely with the new arrivals, and so (again) it appears you really don't know it all ... after all.

I had/still have personal contact with many of them, worked with them, took care of them. I know a lot more about how they got here, why they are here, what they got when they arrived ... etc. They told me and they had no reason to lie. Our nursing agency knew months ahead who was coming and what their needs would be. Somalis did not arrive via caravan with just the clothes on their backs. Their arrivals here were well-orchestrated.

Did you complain about the Somalians being put directly on Welfare, Food Stamps, Medicaid?

I'll have to ask, is this a fantasy or a lie? Care to share with us how you aquired this knowledge. Make sure you use a legitimate website and not some whack job site to support this crap.
Nope ... not a fantasy ... and not a lie. I'm sure you may be beginning to regret your post ... but probably not.

Like it or not, here in Columbus, Ohio ... second largest Somali population in the US ... they have a special center that liaises with other centers / organizations in Somalia to prepare for all the arrivals. The Somalis really did step off the plane (here in Columbus) already enrolled on Welfare, stepped into fully furnished apartments stocked with food, already enrolled on Food Stamps and already enrolled on Medicaid.

Often, a nurse from our home health agency was one of the first to greet them and get them enrolled (through Medicaid) on to their home health service plan. I was one of those nurses. I was one of the nurses that visited them on a regular basis ... I was one of the nurses that filled their med planners and arranged their doctor visits.

Did you complain about the Somalians being given full funding for obtaining college education .
Once again nothing but a fantasy since you've provided no evidence to support this ridiculous claim.
Nope ... I used to have to arrange my home visits around their travel and school hours. Often the people who were supposed to translate for us were those students ... they were not my patients. They spoke English well and explained how they got their benefits.

I checked into it and it was verified that qualified asylum seekers could cash in on those benefits.

Here are the numbers though I'm sure it will not change your racist views
FYI, I know what the numbers are and just by the way ... the Somalians are my dear friends / co-workers / patients. I am not racist.

I merely pointed out how we welcomed them and granted them asylum and now the people in the caravan are being treated so much differently when they too need asylum.
 cotter
Msg: 19 (view)

migrant caravan
Posted: 10/25/2018 9:56:01 AM
OP ...

will they be turned away by our border agencies or military?
I can't decide how I feel about this. I can't imagine living in the atmosphere they are fleeing.

will a percentage sneak across?
Keeping in mind what they are fleeing and what they leave behind (pretty much everything they own and treasure) ... I have to believe I might try sneaking across.

should they be allowed in?
If you needed to flee for safety of your life and family, wouldn't you hope someone would give you asylum?

Did you complain about all the Somalians that were given (still are being given) asylum?
Did you complain about the Somalians being flown into our country by air? (They arrive here with boat loads of belongings even though they claim they too are leaving in fear of their lives. They apparently have all kinds of time to organize their belongings for shipping and arrange for and apply for Welfare, etc. prior to ever leaving Somalia.)
Did you complain about them being able to step off the plane and go straight into Welfare housing ... without having to wait to be processed as our own "American citizens" must do?
Did you complain about the Somalians being put directly on Welfare, Food Stamps, Medicaid?
Did you complain about the Somalians being given full funding for obtaining college education ... tuition, books, lab fees and transportation to and from school (which my American citizen daughter can't get even though she has been working since she was 14 and paying taxes)?

Is this just a protest or political stunt?
I don't think it's either and it makes me wonder what the purpose of this thread is when I read that.

I'm all for legal immigration.
I'm all for harsh penalties for people who break the law....
especially ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.
Well if that's the case, then you need to be concerned about all the "illegal immigrants" that have arrived here via jet (probably economy class) and have over-stayed their visas with no intent of ever leaving. There are thousands of them and they did not swim into our country or run through a dangerous desert to get here ... just an FYI!

We have ways to come here legally.
Yes, and believe it or not, that includes crossing into the US and requesting asylum ... which is what those people want to do.

This caravan seems to me, to be a stunt to pressure us
into relaxing or changing our laws to suit foreigners.
No ... they are doing it the right way. They are merely marching in great numbers for their own safety ... "safety in numbers".

care to discuss?
It will be great if you are truly looking for discussion and correct information.
 cotter
Msg: 36 (view)

Just What Are Women After?
Posted: 10/19/2018 10:24:54 AM

I would say that a guy who has a double chin and man boobs and writes that they are athletic ... needs to buy a new mirror.

What about a guy who is a Sumo wrestler? He could have those physical attributes and be athletic.

I do not consider a "Sumo" wrestler as athletic and certainly would not want that rolling around on me.

Sumo wrestlers are no more "height/weight" proportionate than any other big fat guy ... and I'm betting they can't reach their nethers any more than any other big fat guy ... eh?
 cotter
Msg: 34 (view)

Just What Are Women After?
Posted: 10/19/2018 8:50:38 AM

It seems that women, when taking a break from complaining, are on a site such as this, specifying their height-requirements in a partner.

I have never specified about height ... however, I have met many men who lie about their height and their weight. I would say that a guy who has a double chin and man boobs and writes that they are athletic ... needs to buy a new mirror. I know lots of people who hate liars.

If they are going to lie about something so obvious ... makes you wonder what else they are lying about.

After all, the males in this, don't specify breast-size requirement etc, do they?

Some do. Some even take it a few steps further.

I have seen some pretty big slobs stating that any woman that is not "height/weight" proportionate need not contact them. SERIOUSLY? What about their double/triple chin and man boobs? How is that "height/weight" proportionate?

There are some men out there with such big slobby bellies that they can't even reach their own nethers to wipe or clean themselves.

Think about it ... when their bellies get so big they can't see their nethers any more ... their arms don't just automatically grow longer. They pee all over themselves while standing at a urinal because they can't reach down to hold themselves to aim. Their underwear is full of tread marks because they can hardly reach their a$$ to wipe. And they want to put demands on how a woman should be "height/weight" proportionate ...

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with the male being shorter than the female in a couple, is there?

I don't care for really tall men. I dance and it's not really practical to have a dance partner that is so much taller especially in some of the cued ballroom dance moves I have to make. It's also not easy for a short lady to keep up with the strides of a tall man while dancing or for that matter even just taking a walk.

Seems to me we're all the same height in bed ... but please be "height/weight" proportionate anyways ... because I don't know any woman that want's to get crushed under a pile of lard.

For example, he could rest his honest head upon her ample bosom

Is that your way of saying you want a woman with an "ample bosom"?
 cotter
Msg: 7491 (view)

Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?
Posted: 10/5/2018 7:36:35 AM
Given that Maryland has no statute of limitations ... it would just fine with me if they go ahead and seat this bastard.

Then all we need is a good lawyer and finally haul all those witnesses in for deposition and there will be no need for impeachment ... put his sorry and drunken Ass straight in jail!

Wonder how he'll feel when those big guys in prison whip their penises out and shove them in his face ... nail his sorry Ass to the bed and get it on with him ... pull a "devil's triangle" on him?

I hope someone has a cell phone to make a recording of it so we can all hear him cry ... this time for real.

This guy is a sorry excuse for a human being ... just like the sorry Ass who nominated him. Birds of a feather ...
 cotter
Msg: 7388 (view)

Posted: 9/27/2018 6:06:16 PM
I found the opening statement from Kavanaugh as nothing more than a temper tantrum. I agree with the above poster ... I think he's got plenty to hide or he would have jumped at the chance to fully clear his name with an FBI investigation.

If there was any question that she was mistaken, I think an FBI investigation would be the best route.

I think he only came out gangbusters and crying because he knew his audience of one was watching.
 cotter
Msg: 7361 (view)

Posted: 9/24/2018 9:05:43 AM
Message 7375 ...
A 15 yr old and a 17 yr old drunkenly making out at a party 36 yrs ago now needs the FBI to investigate the incident?
SMH

I'm not sure where the idea came that these two were somehow "drunkenly making out" but all statements I have heard from reputable sources do not indicate that the victim was willingly participating in a "make-out session" with Kavanaugh.

Seems to me, any woman who has ever had something (even something similar) like this happen to her ... would not question the encounter or the report of the encounter.

What seems more believable is that the victim hesitated to report the incident for numerous reasons ... as do most sexual abuse victims.
 cotter
Msg: 1005 (view)

Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem
Posted: 8/22/2018 7:55:34 AM

It's okay if the flag doesn't mean anything to you, it does to soldiers presently serving and other veterans.
My line of work puts me in touch with lots of veterans (who were drafted mostly for Vietnam) and many of my friends are of an age where their grandchildren are active service members. Not a single one of them gives a shit about a football player taking a knee at a game ... they consider it for an American right of free speech ... which it is.

Men died for that flag and what it represents to them.
If the members of the military were so concerned about representing the "honor" of the US flag, then why aren't they concerned about representing their flag (the flag is the symbol of the US?) in an "honorable" way?

They sure aren't concerned about behaving in "honorable" ways when they're overseas pissing in public fountains, binge-drinking at city festivals, groping women in bars and on the streets, and just generally making asses of themselves.

And BTW, what is so "honorable" about ragging on people you are supposed to be working with and training by calling them despicable names like: "sand jockey" - "camel jockey" - "sand leech" - "sand scum" - "sand nigga" - "towel head" - "dune coon" - "sand monkey" ...

Now that's an "honorable" way of behaving ... eh? Anyone who denies that is going on, apparently really has their head stuck in the sand ... or UP their butt.

How about if people who are so focused on the so-called "hurt" feelings of the veterans (who are offended by football players "taking a knee") ... how about if they focus on teaching the veterans and current military personnel how to behave appropriately ... both while OFF duty as well as ON duty.

A lot of these football players seem to be ignorant of this fact.

http://time.com/4956246/war-veteran-kneel-nfl-players/
'Those Kids Have Every Right to Protest.' 97-Year-Old WWII Vet Kneels to Support NFL Players

A 97-year-old World War II veteran is being widely praised on social media after a photo of him taking a knee in support of protesting NFL players was shared and liked by hundreds of thousands of people.

https://www.businessinsider.com/army-veteran-nfl-players-kneeling-during-national-anthem-trump-2017-9
A former Green Beret who comes from a military family lays out why he supports football players kneeling during the national anthem

A former Green Beret laid out his reasoning for supporting Colin Kaepernick and other peaceful protestors in a Facebook post that has gone viral.

Michael Sand is a former Green Beret, and comes from a family of military servicemembers. As he wrote on Facebook, his father was a World War II veteran fighting fascism, he served in Vietnam fighting communism, and his son is currently serving in the Army fighting the Taliban and terrorism.

"Three vastly different enemies, but enemies who shared one common trait," Sand writes. "ALL of them stifle free speech. All of them bully, degrade and terrorize those who hold opposing views and who peacefully express them."

Sand's post came in response to NFL players protesting by kneeling during the national anthem, a controversy that flared up last weekend when President Donald Trump came out against the protests. He wrote that he has seen posts calling these athletes "unpatriotic" for their actions.

Writing that he speaks for himself, his father, and his son, Sand wrote that "it is PRECISELY for men like [Colin Kaepernick], and his right to peacefully protest injustice, that we were willing to serve."

Sand also suggested that Trump was "unpatriotic" in his sentiments.

Let them kneel and offend the people that keep them employed.
Seriously?

What keeps the NFL employed are the fans who buy tickets to see them play ... certainly not active-duty and deployed US military personnel. I’m not aware that they are financially compensated in a manner that would ever allow them such funds as are necessary to buy NFL tickets.
 cotter
Msg: 991 (view)

Posted: 8/20/2018 12:35:26 PM

Whatever the cameras show them doing, kids will emulate it and take it even further.

Good ... they are getting a good lesson in how to protest wrong-doing in a peaceful way ...

Once again, the "taking a knee" has nothing whatsoever to do with the military ... and several members of the military have confirmed that. Sooooo ... no matter how much people try to make it about the military ... it's not.

Points awarded for trying though ... ... got to give credit for the effort ... right?
 cotter
Msg: 43 (view)

black woman parks in handicap space, demands justice
Posted: 7/31/2018 1:44:32 PM

You said you have no time to pay attention.

You park, you pass handicapped spots. You walk into the store, you pass handicapped spots. You go back to your car, you pass them and potentially on your drive out. Four opportunities. Shop 3x a week, 4 opportunities x 3 = 12 opportunities x 4 weeks = 48 opportunities to observe per month. You're not observant.

I have no idea who that was aimed at but if it was me ... then you missed the part where I wrote (see Message 39) that I just don't care enough about where people are parked to give a hoot. It's not about being observant ... it's about I just don't care. BTW ... I have no need to shop anywhere 3 X week, so your math is not applicable to me in any way.

I'm plenty observant ... but where it's necessary. It's not necessary to stalk the handicap parking spaces for improperly parked vehicles.

I am known for holding doors open for handicapped folks and also helping the handicapped load their groceries in their vehicles. You ought to try it sometime.

Trumpettes in my neck of the woods are pretty much known for kicking the old and helpless to the curb. They haven't started shooting them yet, but I suppose that'll be next. Just saying ...
 cotter
Msg: 38 (view)

Posted: 7/31/2018 11:48:35 AM

If you're not cognoscent of what goes on around you, that's your problem.
Honey, I'm karate-trained and have worked as a nurse in jails in 2 states.

Alone just the nurses training and over 20 years of experience makes being aware of my surroundings rather a given. I have been further trained related to my work in the jails. Believe me, I'm trained to be aware of things going on around me.

I just don't care enough about illegally (or perhaps even legally) parked vehicles to pick a fight with someone or perhaps shoot someone over such a petty incident. If that kind of thing angers you to the extent you are posting in here ... I suggest you get help. That shooter definitely needs help ...
 cotter

Posted: 7/31/2018 11:13:35 AM
^^^ Agreed.

... the gf should not have parked in a handicapped spot.
I have still not seen any documentation as to whether or not the driver had a handicap placard or permission to park there.

I see this all the time, and it bothers me.
What? What do you see all the time? A black woman parking in a handicapped spot while her boyfriend and father of her children runs in to get something for the family to eat? A black woman who stays in the car and may or may not have permission to park there ... but is also available to move the vehicle if someone pulls up and needs the spot?

I work 40 hours a week and sing and perform multiple evenings a week and really have no time to pay attention to what vehicle parks where when I'm running into the grocery store, so you'll have to pardon me if I find it difficult to believe that others actually "see this all the time" or ... as in the shooter ... who apparently may see it soooooo much that it bothered him to the point of killing someone.

Some people may have too much time on their hands. Go volunteer somewhere and do something productive instead of looking for people to verbally assault and then shoot.
 cotter
Msg: 985 (view)

Posted: 7/30/2018 11:38:50 AM

I don't know what any of that has to do with anything.
Any of what? Writing about the military in ways people just turn a blind eye to?

Don't want to talk about the military behaving badly because it thwarts sucking the military into this whole discussion?

These guys can protest.
Yes ... that's right. They are protesting where they have the biggest audience.

People who are protesting various different movements do so where they can gather the most attention. They have a right to do that as long as they are not obstructing others' rights.

Taking a knee at a televised game is not obstructing others' rights. If so, how?

No one is stopping them after work.
What do you know about what they do off the field?

They have a problem with the police, yet I don't see them going to police stations or anywhere else to protest.
Again ... we don't really know what they do off the field to protest such bad police behavior. If a protest is to be effective (we hope) then it should be where it can get the most attention. The women's march was in Washington for the most part ... probably because it was going to get a lot of attention ... right?
 cotter
Msg: 983 (view)

Posted: 7/30/2018 10:00:01 AM

This has zero to do with Trump.
Then he needs to stay out of it!

Military feel the flag represents our country and their fight for freedom ...
And our freedom would be challenged if someone came in and took away our right of the freedom to protest. That is what they (our military) should be concerned about ... not people who are exercising their rights in a free democracy.

... where they gave their lives ...
The majority do not "give their lives" in the matter of life or death. They are actively alive and doing the job they signed up to do just as I signed up to be a nurse and am dedicated to my job. Firefighters sign up to do a job and do it as well.

It's actually the job of all US citizens to defend our democratic rights ... not just the military. Without all of us doing our jobs (that we signed up to do), there wouldn't be a need for a military. So it's not just the military who is in charge of defending the constitution ... that job belongs to all of us.

It's also our job to make sure that those who wish to exercise their constitutional rights (to protest despicable behavior) are allowed to do so without threat of harm or chastisement.

... now these overpaid @sshats want to sh!t on it.
They are embracing their right and should not be considered "overpaid @sshats". It occurs to me that only an ignorant "@sshat" like tRump would miss the meaning of what they are doing.

Flags drape the coffins of our dead soldiers, they erect them in battle when they conquer. If people want to assert that the flag is meaningless to them, that's their choice.
The flag represents more than just what you write there ... it represents us all as a group.

Maybe if the military wants to get their "drawers" all in a knot about a few people taking a knee (exercising their rights), they should think about how they act in a foreign country when they are not only ON duty but also while OFF duty.

For example, while ON duty they could refrain from calling soldiers of other countries by despicable names (please tell me you are opposed to them calling Iraqi soldiers "towel heads").

While OFF duty, they could begin by behaving themselves when out and about with the local residents ... by not getting so inebriated that they feel it's okay to take a piss in the public fountains or sexually assault the local women. I have observed both behaviors (first hand) of our service personnel while living a foreign country.

When I lived in that foreign country, I took my responsibility (as a representative of our country) seriously. I was determined to behave appropriately so as not to give my foreign hosts the wrong impression of the US. I met many military personnel in that span of ten years and I can't say the same for them. There were several occasions that I personally stepped up and told them to behave themselves. It was so embarrassing.
 cotter
Msg: 19 (view)

Posted: 7/30/2018 9:20:09 AM

The shooter was assaulted before he shot the man.
Not to mention the shooter was "verbally" assaulting and antagonizing the man who eventually shoved the shooter in an effort to get him out of his face?

Why do you think he shot the man?
He shot the man because he knew he could get away with it.

The shooter openly picked a fight with someone who was merely minding their own business. I can't say, but it occurs to me that the shooter could have handled it by reporting a possible misuse of a parking spot reserved for a handicapped driver. There is no mention if the dead man might have had a sticker or handicap placket either.

Most people don't realize that if they are waiting in line to use the bathroom and the "handicap" stall is empty, that they are allowed to use it. It's a "handicap" stall ... meaning it's equipped to handle a person with a handicap who is in need of the extra space a handicapped person might require.

It does not mean that all handicapped people do not have to wait their turn in line ... it merely means it's equipped to handle people with a handicap who need the added room to maneuver in the stall. It means that if a handicapped person is next in line, then they might have to wait until the stall marked as "handicap" equipped becomes free ... shouldn't take long unless someone fell asleep on the toilet ... right?

I would hope that if I have to use the toilet and the handicap stall is not in use and I choose to use it, that a woman toting a gun will not pick a fight with me and then eventually shoot me!!!
 cotter
Msg: 979 (view)

Posted: 7/30/2018 8:52:32 AM
I don't understand how the military even got involved in this ... other than they are the face of America out there (supposedly) defending our "democracy" ... which clearly gives us the right to protest.

If anything, it seems to me that the military should be proud that the rights they are out there defending are being put to a test/put to good use.

Sooo ... is the military offended:
... when people go out and protest that voter registrations are being scrubbed ... needlessly deleted?
... when people protest against lawmakers who are trying to stifle women's rights in the work place?
... when people protest against lawmakers who are trying to take away the right for women to make decisions about their own bodies?
... when people protest against lawmakers proposing we spend money being spent on needless border walls?
... when people protest against lawmakers who are busy dismantling our precious healthcare law?

I have a lot of military friends (both past and current) and not a single one of them has any problem with those people taking a knee ... not a single one of them has a problem in any way with any kind of protests that occur somewhere here in our country daily ... on various levels.

This is merely something tRump keeps stirring up because he knows the morons who support him haven't got the brains to think this through and see that it is actually UNpatriotic to chastise these men for exercising their constitutional rights. I simply can't imagine being that ignorant ...
 cotter
Msg: 12 (view)

Important People
Posted: 7/30/2018 6:40:18 AM

The point is you attempted to malign Anne Frank and her family with alternative facts ...
Alternative facts ... what is the definition of "alternative facts"?

No one attempted to "malign" Anne Frank ... the 2nd statement in "Message 4" clearly states Anne was "sacrificed to a horrific cause".
She was (by the will of her father) taken into hiding for no good reason and then eventually sacrificed to a horrific cause.

How is that "maligning" Anne?

The date and source of the information posted was supplied.

The post merely reports what was found in the noted Life Magazine.

So if anything ... a person could label the article in the noted Life Magazine perhaps "false information" ... however, Life Magazine prides itself in thorough and dependable research.

It's clear that the poster in Messages 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 11 is attempting to perpetuate some sort of on-going dialect here so this is the last response on my behalf to that poster.

I have made my statement, provided proof of my information and defended my position ... no need for me to post about it further. I predict the poster of Messages 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 11 ... will continue to post multiple times about this.

cotter
Msg: 10 (view)

Important People
Posted: 7/27/2018 8:02:13 AM
To the last 5 messages ... ... 0bsess much?

Try not to blame the messenger ... I only came across the article when I was assigned the research in 10th grade.

Back then, my mother was an avid collector of Life Magazine and other highly-rated publications. Every year, they published an index that one could purchase as a way of looking up articles. When I told her of the assignment, she told me to check the index to see if there was anything of use. That's how I found the article since obviously I was only 9 years old when it was published.

If you don't like what they wrote ... take it up with them. I just reported what I found in Life Magazine and they always had well documented information ... quite reliable.
 cotter
Msg: 4 (view)

Important People
Posted: 7/26/2018 12:45:49 PM
I'm not entirely sure why this thread was started but I am puzzled about what Anne Frank has to do with anything.

She was (by the will of her father) taken into hiding for no good reason and then eventually sacrificed to a horrific cause. In August 1958, Life Magazine wrote an article on her (Anne Frank) and had further done some research on her father and discovered that Otto Frank had the option to leave / had the finances to leave ... but chose to go into hiding so he could continue to work his business. He had the option to leave and did not ... putting the safety of his family ahead of his greed to stay and work his business.

I am not saying he should have HAD to leave, but I AM saying that he even had the option to send his family to safety and stay if he so wished, but he did not do that either. I'm puzzled though as to why his actions should elevate his young daughter to the list the OP has posted.

PS ... I have always put the safety of my family (and my loved ones) ahead of anything else in my life. I guess I simply can't imagine that other parents would not do the same when given a good option to do so.
 cotter
Msg: 2 (view)

Do women want to be judged on their looks?
Posted: 7/17/2018 12:37:06 PM

"Can we all admit that, Makeup was invented for women to attract men and cover up their imperfections? Can we admit, that women do want to be judged on their looks? Can we admit that women feel the need to wear makeup to make themselves look better and attract men? Can we admit that attractive looking women can get away with just about anything?"

I note that you are quoting some one or some thing. Who or what?

I find it ironic that you are posting this thread but you ...
1) ... do not have a picture of yourself posted
2) ... prefer not to say what your body type is
3) ... hide your religious affiliation
4) ... have no apparent interest in seeking a relationship or any kind of commitment
5) ... are apparently very secretive about what you do
6) ... can't say if you drink or not
7) ... can't say if you want children or not
8) ... can't say if you have a car or not
... and you are concerned about women using make up to attract men and cover up their imperfections?

Makeup was invented for women to attract men and cover up their imperfections?
What about women who don't wear make up that "covers" something up ... just draws attention to (for example) their eyes?

Can we admit, that women do want to be judged on their looks?

Can we admit that men want to be judged on their looks when they post pictures in bare-chested poses or speedos?

Can we admit that women feel the need to wear makeup to make themselves look better and attract men

Can we admit that some women are quite naturally beautiful without make-up and still use it and that maybe they do it to "feel pretty" about themselves?

Can we admit that attractive looking women can get away with just about anything?"

Can we admit that men with money and in a position of power can get away with just about anything?
 cotter
Msg: 387 (view)

PM Benjamin Netanyahu to address Congress
Posted: 7/17/2018 10:55:07 AM
Misuse of state funds ... makes you wonder how much of it is from the US they keep cashing in on.

https://www.newsweek.com/what-sara-netanyahu-accused-israeli-prime-ministers-wife-charged-fraud-988622
What Is Sara Netanyahu Accused Of? Israeli Prime Minister’s Wife Charged With Fraud
By Brendan Cole On 6/21/18 at 8:27 AM

Sara Netanyahu, the wife of the Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, has been accused of fraud over the alleged misuse of state funds.

The indictment at Jerusalem Magistrate’s Court states that Netanyahu told government staff to order meals worth 350,000 shekels ($96,000) from gourmet restaurants between 2010 and 2013. Prosecutors say she also paid $10,000 for private chefs.

This violated rules that barred meals being ordered from outside when a cook was on staff, Haaretz reported.

She allegedly told staff to hide the fact that cooks were employed in the residence "so that this won't be found out by the treasury and the office manager."

Also indicted is Ezra Saidoff, the former director general of the prime minister’s office. Saidoff and Sara Netanyahu face charges of aggravated fraudulent receiving of an item or items, of fraud and breach of trust. Saidoff was also charged with falsification by a public servant.

The prime minister's wife has long faced allegations of abusive behavior and living extravagantly in a manner out of touch with the general public.

I guess she just thinks she's so special she deserves it all ... ... so she's taking it!
 cotter
Msg: 35 (view)

Trump Baby to fly over Parliament Square
Posted: 7/13/2018 9:02:16 AM
Message 34 ...
I mean, this has just gotten too absurd. We are no longer living in a real world. This is just all an illusion and I'm ready to wake up.

If you saw any of that circus yesterday in the Judiciary Committee hearing, then consider yourself awake ... it was for real!
 cotter
Msg: 5 (view)

Nevada pimp Dennis Hof wins GOP primary (owner of BunnyRanch)
Posted: 7/13/2018 6:43:41 AM
Sooooo Texas Repugnicant, Louie Gohmert is in the House Judiciary Committee hearing yesterday chastising Peter Strzok about his affair with a former FBI lawyer and it turns out Gohmert is (himself) a creepy pervert - says he would fake being "trans" to get into the girls' bathroom.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2016/04/creepy-congressman-says-he-would-fake-being-trans-to-get-into-girls-bathroom/
Creepy Congressman Says He Would Fake Being Trans To Get Into Girls’ Bathroom
April 14, 2016 by Michael Stone

Pervert alert: Rep. Louie Gohmert of Texas confessed that if given the chance he would have faked being transgender to prey on girls using the bathroom.

Gohmert, a conservative Christian, says he would have pretended to be transgender to get into the girls’ bathroom when he was a student. His revolting but revealing remarks were made earlier this month in an interview on the Family Research Council’s “Washington Watch with Tony Perkins.”

The discussion was an attempt to justify North Carolina’s draconian new anti-LGBT law: HB2, known officially as the Public Facilities Privacy and Security Act. The new law dictates which bathrooms transgender people are permitted to use, and prohibits local governments from enacting anti-discrimination protections based on sexual orientation and gender identity, effectively promoting discrimination and bigotry against the LGBT population.

In the interview Gohmert made the erroneous claim that boys would be unable to resist the temptation to see girls while they are using the bathroom, before declaring:

When it comes to this current legislation where — in most of the world, in most of the religions, the major religions, you have men and you have women, and there are some abnormalities but for heaven’s sake, I was as good a kid as you can have growing up, I never drank alcohol till I was legal, never to, still, use an illegal drug, but in the seventh grade if the law had been that all I had to do was say, ‘I’m a girl,’ and I got to go into the girls’ restroom, I don’t know if I could’ve withstood the temptation just to get educated back in those days.

Gohmert is a creep. His remarks reveal little about the new anti-LGBT law, but they do reveal a great deal about his own character and morality.

The argument that boys are so desperate to get into the girls’ bathroom that they would pretend to be transgender is simply ludicrous. Nobody would go through the trauma and social stress of pretending to be transgender to simply get inside a public bathroom for women.

However, Gohmert is not alone in his twisted fantasies fueled by a defective character and religious bigotry.

Last year, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee mocked transgender individuals while wishing he could have said he was transgender while in high school so he could have showered “with the girls.”

Huckabee made his deplorable anti-transgender remarks last year while speaking at the 2015 National Religious Broadcasters Convention. During his speech to the conservative Christian audience, Huckabee said:

Now, I wish that someone told me that when I was in high school that I could have felt like a woman when it came time to take showers in P.E. I’m pretty sure that I would have found my feminine side and said, ‘Coach, I think I’d rather shower with the girls today.’

As one might expect, the conservative Christian audience cheered and laughed as Huckabee mocked the transgender community.

Bottom line: Transgender individuals are not the danger in public bathrooms. The fact is more GOP lawmakers have been arrested for sexual misconduct in bathrooms than transgender people.

Got that? ... more GOP lawmakers have been arrested for sexual misconduct in bathrooms than transgender people. So who are the real perverts?

And ... apparently "conservative Christians really like those perverts ... they cheered and laughed. No doubt why they elected a pervert to sit in the White House?
 cotter
Msg: 75 (view)

POF SHUT DOWN THESE BOARDS
Posted: 6/28/2018 7:48:36 PM
MsMicki Message 61 ...
Just curious....
but do any one of you actually think you have changed even one person's mind?

I saw a thread many years ago that apparently did change some minds ... you can see it for yourself.

It was August 2006 ... https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts4932000.aspx
 cotter

Why Say 'Chump' For Trump?
Posted: 6/28/2018 1:13:14 PM
Hmmmm ... been a while since I checked in.

Seems to me there has been a lot of name-calling over the years and it occurs to me that the most repugnant of it came from our very own military (recently in the Middle East) as they were making fun of the people they were supposed to be training and teaching to defend themselves against their enemies.

That was nothing new though ... they've been doing it as far back as I can remember. I've heard WWII vets participating in it as they recalled various situations they talk about. I'm sure the military has done it through many, many, many conflicts and wars. My own classmates took part in it as well in Vietnam. Friends have told me they still participate in the name-calling ... although we have a much more diverse military than in many years past. You'd think that would move them to finally ban that behavior, but it persists.

Our own citizens have been at it for many, many, many decades ... looking down their noses and sniping names at the various different groups of people who migrated to our country in the past few hundred years. Those were (still are) people here to perform various different jobs that our own citizens couldn't be bothered to do (mostly do not want to do) ... for whatever reasons.

Why not say "Chump" instead of "Trump". There are a lot of people who pretty much won't/can't consider calling him "President".
 cotter
Msg: 164 (view)

List of Men Accused of Sexual Misconduct
Posted: 12/12/2017 9:09:25 PM
^^^^
I agree with Jeff Flake’s tweet: “Decency wins!”

Let's see if this becomes a trend.
 cotter
Msg: 65 (view)

Posted: 9/26/2017 9:11:21 PM
Message 4 ...
Chaeleonf ...
For him, it's just a platform for an agenda like it is for those taking the knee. He's the least patriotic president to date.

He's fund-raising on the whole thing.

We have only had a national anthem (officially) since 1931 so it really is not a "symbol" for the military. We sent plenty of military off to fight without a national anthem and many of them came back in a casket without the national anthem.

We find the American flag on military uniforms ... but the national anthem is not emblazoned on their uniforms.

They are peacefully protesting at a venue that millions of people watch ... in order to draw attention to the plight of many others who would not normally have such a popular venue in order to get anyone's attention.
 cotter
Msg: 2978 (view)

Trump is President.
Posted: 8/22/2017 5:27:54 PM
Message 2884 ...
dee ...
Trump supporters got a Supreme Court Justice.

That wasn't Trump supporters ... that was Mitch "Turtle" McConnell.

That was McConnell's way of getting back at President Obama for winning the 1st time ... and then winning again after he swore he was going to make him a 1-term president.

I suspect there are repugnicants in the senate and house who also knew about the Russian collusion that will pull a Chaffetz before this is all over.
 cotter
Msg: 2874 (view)

HRC won the popular vote, and sure would do it again today!
Posted: 8/22/2017 7:34:20 AM
If Trump goes out to Arizona where they have asked him to stay away ...

... and pardons that sheriff ...

... I believe it will pretty much solidify what we all know ...

... Trump is a bigot and racist ... among other things.
 cotter
Msg: 3324 (view)

hey, c'mon, D is just flighty, that's all :)
Posted: 8/14/2017 10:35:13 AM
Message 3347 ...
yule ...
Bannon will not be happy if Trump alienates these Pple by lashing out at them, and by the same token, Trump cannot fire or piss off Bannon (as he did with Sessions and Spicer) because Bannon likely has too much dirt on Trump.

Yep ... no doubt.

Flynn and Manafort are probably gonna sing and will probably need immunity because I do not foresee them getting any pardons if they blow the whistle on the only guy(s) who can issue a pardon ... eh?

Message 3351 ...
Ilove ...
In Germany, people go to jail for giving the nazi salute.

Found this ...
"Symbols from the Nazi-era, such as the swastika or the "Heil Hitler" salute, are illegal in Germany, but far-right political groups have also been granted equal right to hold demonstrations to air their views. Holocaust denial is punishable by imprisonment, but neo-Nazi parties have been tolerated as long as they draw no explicit links with the Nazi regime.

At the following link, is a list of countries and explanation of how they tolerate use of swastikas which apparently "... pre-dates the German Third Reich by some 3000 years. It is possible to display certain non-Nazi swastikas even in areas where Nazi hakenkreuz swastikas are prohibited."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post%E2%80%93World_War_II_legality_of_Nazi_flags

Excerpts ...
France
In France, it is illegal to display Nazi flags, uniforms and insignia in public, unless for the purpose of a historical film, show or spectacle.

In April 2000 the International League against Racism and Anti-Semitism and Union des étudiants juifs de France (the Union of French Jewish Students) brought a case against Yahoo! which objected to the auctioning of Nazi memorabilia, in France, via Yahoo!'s website on the basis that it contravened Article R645-1. Though a French judge did initially order Yahoo! to take measures to make it impossible for users in France to reach any Nazi memorabilia through the Yahoo! site, in December 2001 the US District Court for the Northern District of California ruled that Yahoo! would be shielded from the judgement of the French court.

Germany
Main article: Strafgesetzbuch § 86a

Germany strictly prohibits public display of Nazi symbols, such as the swastika and the SS logo, unless it is for historical purposes.
Israel
The use of Nazi symbols is legal in Israel. Legislation regarding such symbols was initiated in early 2012 but no law was passed.

Lebanon
Lebanon has no legislation designed to restrict the ownership, display, purchase, import or export of Nazi flags.

United States
The public display of Nazi flags is protected by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution which guarantees the right to freedom of speech.
 cotter
Msg: 3286 (view)

Posted: 8/10/2017 4:03:37 PM
Message 3313 ...
mungo ...
On the other... They are literally giving Trump's "fire and fury" the finger... VERY publicly and under a magnifying glass... and there is no way for Trump to save face...

It's just two pig-man babies playing "My dick is bigger than yours". Wouldn't happen if a woman was president ... no dick to play with?

LMAO at what David Letterman said ...
"We know there’s something wrong, but what I’m tired of is people, daily, nightly, on all the cable news shows telling us there’s something wrong. I just think we ought to direct our resources and our energies to doing something about it. If the guy was running Dairy Queen, he’d be gone. This guy couldn’t work at the Gap. So why do we have to be victimized by his fecklessness, his ignorance? I feel bad for people who did vote for him, because he promised them things that they really needed. Let’s just stop whining about what a goon he is and figure out a way to take him aside and put him in a home.”
 cotter
Msg: 226 (view)

On Fox News today.....
Posted: 8/10/2017 5:57:15 AM
^^^^ Here, this might help ...

On 08/08/17 at 2:11 PM Hannity posted ...
"In light of dangerous NKorea threat, I'm stopping all petty political disagreements for at least next 12 hours. Let's see what others do."

On 08/08/17 at 10:03 PM Hannity posted ...
"@SenateMajLdr No Senator, YOU are a WEAK, SPINELESS leader who does not keep his word and you need to Retire!"

http://i.imgur.com/EIUAdab.jpg

From a little after 2 PM to a little after 10 PM is about 8 hours.
 cotter
Msg: 1523 (view)

Great Job , isreal
Posted: 8/8/2017 7:02:47 PM
^^^
If you keep it up, I might get the feeling you don't like me.

Give me a reason to "like" you.

I know you wouldn't want that.

You have to know by now that I really don't care who in here likes or doesn't like me ... it does not affect my life in any way.

I just don't care. I have a job (and my patients love me), I have a roof over my head (that I own), I am loved by family AND friends (many in here) and I have everything I need. So I really don't care if someone in here does not like me.

I have good grounds for the way I feel about our world affairs and I am comfortable posting those views. I do not have to come in here and hide who I am ... my photos are up-to-date and I'm open about how I spend my time in my profile because I have nothing to hide and greet the opportunity to meet fellow POF members. I actually go out with them from time to time and sing with them ... they like the way I sing.

I'm not some 400-pound chunk of lard laying on a bed somewhere and I have great social skills ... sing, dance, ride bike, work in my yard and garden (veggies and flowers) ... interact well with my neighbors.

While POF is dear to me, I am not concerned how random members feel about me, so fire away as you have been for quite some time.

There are really only a few things that I am inflexible on ... and one is zionists killing Palestinians and stealing their land. I'm proud of my Jewish friends who support me being so outspoken about it. I'm proud of my Holocaust patients and their famiies (they are becoming fewer and fewer - sigh) who also support me being so outspoken about it.

Actually, many say that they feel like what they went through was in vain when one sees what is now going on in Israel. The family members are very outspoken about that and openly embrace others who oppose the vile treatment of the Palestinians in the name of Israel.

Those who deny that such people could possibly feel as they do ... cannot really know how the truly Jewish people feel. They are sad that the zionists are promoting such a hateful and despicable movement. They are ashamed of it.
 cotter
Msg: 1521 (view)

Great Job , isreal
Posted: 8/8/2017 1:33:53 PM
Message 1519 ...
LOL ...
Are you paying attention?

Apparently it's not ... because it was definitely that new profile that comes in here calling me names ... which is why it's odd that it's so interested.

But, I don't know if it's interested in me because it's a "boy" ... or because it's a "girl" looking for some sort of "girl-girl" hookup because I definitely do not swing that way.

Not sure, but I'm thinking it's that poster that was a girl who even said it lived in israel at one time. Then it came in here acting like a man. Then it came back in here posting to itself as another woman, then it became a man and often posts to the other girl posts that are now just laying there totally abandoned because it keeps getting deleted ... then, well I guess you all know the story.

Not sure how you being crazy is related to anyone emailing anyone, but it does prove my point that you are clearly a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic.

That's it! Maybe it invited it's other self to a picnic and they both robbed the picnic basket on the way .. ergo the shortage of sandwiches?

I wonder if that's a viable excuse for the Trump/Nuttinbutayahoo creepy behavior?

Message 1520 ...
mungo ...
Given that... I would watch out... If there is no written, doctor-certified statement of medication compliance... you could be asking for trouble...

Yeah ... thought about that. What if it uses the same kind of doctor notes that Trump provides?
 cotter
Msg: 1512 (view)

Great Job , isreal
Posted: 8/8/2017 11:23:16 AM
Message 1491 ...
mungo ...
I'm sure they have programs... to assist you with that... medication compliance... issue...

Speaking of which ... does anyone have any idea who that new profile is? It keeps writing to me and coming on to me! (Oh dear ... please tell me it's not a zionist trying to meet up with me. Of course, I'd feel the same way about a repugnicant trying to meet up with me.)

I was thinking it's "Marilyn" but it says it's a "boy", so now I'm not sure what to think. What's a lady to do if a "girl" who is posing as a "boy" writes and wants to get it on?
 cotter
Msg: 1501 (view)

Great Job , isreal
Posted: 8/8/2017 8:51:51 AM
Message 1498 ...
gto ...
Bibi's having his criminality probe moment, too.

Seems Nuttinbutayahoo and his good pal Trump are both not only reading the same book but are on the same page. From the article gto noted ... "His office and his supporters have denounced the investigations as a political witch hunt intended to topple him from power."

And as to his wife and her own "legal" problems ... "Adding to the Nuttinbutayahoo family troubles, the police questioned Mr. Nuttinbutayahoo’s wife, Sara, this past week for a fourth time as part of an investigation into accusations that public funds were misused at the Nuttinbutayahoos’ residences."

LMAO ... one of them has an escort / hooker for a wife and the other has an airline attendant / hooker for a wife and both got involved with them while they were still married to a previous wife.

"From Inauguration Day on Jan. 20 through the end of May, the Trump administration had spent more than twice as much on White House furniture as President Obama did during the same period.

Looks like they also like to use the taxpayer money on their extravagances as well. Sara is being investigated for it and it appears Trump just outright rubs our nose in it. (I wonder if Pence will have similar enough tastes so that we don't have to pay for still another set of furniture for them.)
 cotter
Msg: 3227 (view)

Posted: 8/6/2017 7:04:23 AM
Message 3246 ...
yule ...
Ahhh, Mueller starting to squeeze some "nuts".

I think we may have to start monitoring the faces of a few more "GOP scum" ... especially when Mueller starts squeezing still more "nuts".

Russian Oligarch Money Flows Freely Into The Upper Reaches Of The GOP

The Dallas Morning News is reporting that Senior Republican lawmakers have received millions in contributions from Russian oligarchs connected to Vladimir Putin.

While party loyalty is often seen as why Republicans choose not to overly criticize the President, there is something else that is holding them back as well: Many senior Republicans have unseemly relations with Russian officials too.

“Donald Trump and the political action committees for Mitch McConnell, Marco Rubio, Scott Walker, Lindsey Graham, John Kasich and John McCain accepted $7.35 million in contributions from a Ukrainian-born oligarch who is the business partner of two of Russian president Vladimir Putin’s favorite oligarchs and a Russian government bank.

During the 2015-2016 election season, Ukrainian-born billionaire Leonid “Len” Blavatnik contributed $6.35 million to leading Republican candidates and incumbent senators. Mitch McConnell was the top recipient of Blavatnik’s donations, collecting $2.5 million for his GOP Senate Leadership Fund under the names of two of Blavatnik’s holding companies, Access Industries, and AI Altep Holdings, according to Federal Election Commission documents and OpenSecrets.org.”

Given the role of money in U.S. politics, it is unlikely that Senator Mitch McConnell (R-KY) or the other Republicans mentioned would necessarily want to bite the hand that feeds them.
 cotter
Msg: 1466 (view)

Great Job , isreal
Posted: 8/5/2017 4:36:32 PM
Message 724 / 725 ...

I hate to disillusion you but the "holocaust card" is still being used even today. I know, it's despicable. But they do it all the time. It's used by AIPAC regularly.

... having personally known several holocaust survivors....both Jewish and non Jewish....I find that referring to such a horrific event in such a flippant manner rather offensive.

Actually, that was not "flippant" ... it is the truth. It's what they do.

It is no different, imo, than claiming black people use the slavery card.

Actually, I have worked with black people who do that as well. I get to cut them off though when I tell them that I had nothing to do with it and do not intend to pay any debt they think I might owe them because I'm NOT black. It they got their job on their credentials then I don't care if they're green and from the moon ... they still have to meet the same standards as I do.

Nuttinbutayahoo uses anything he can to push his message of killing Palestinians any way he can so the zionists can steal their land. And our supreme leader likes to think he's Nuttinbutayahoo's best buddy and that his crown prince son-in-law will achieve "world peace" in the Middle East ... just like all the Miss Universe candidates want to achieve "world piece". He has just about as much chance of doing that as they do.

Hint ... you don't send a zionist to to negotiate peace with the Palestinians ... could just send Nuttinbutayahoo ... same difference.

I am sure you did not mean it to come across the way it does.

I usually mean every word I write. I'm not concerned with having to sweeten things up in here for those who read what I write. No one is forcing anyone to read what people write in here.
 cotter
Msg: 3398 (view)

There are pills for leftist depression and anger. Obscenity as bravado? Not yet.
Posted: 7/28/2017 12:45:57 PM
Message 3528 ...
dee ...
I actually wrote that when Trump was accused of collusion. He should Stop responding. Let the haters prove it.

They're not "haters" ... and they are in the process of proving it.

Should they start an investigation so that they can find out the truth?

They're in the process of doing that.

Or is there not enough to start an investigation and it would seem like a fishing expedition?

I thought the whole world was aware that they have a Special Counsel Investigation in process ... and it's not a "fishing expedition". They only deal with facts.
 cotter
Msg: 2567 (view)

Comrade Trump is the Bully-in-Chief
Posted: 7/27/2017 12:37:44 PM
Message 2560 ...
LOL ...
Just an FYI to those people who are calling transgender people mentally ill.

If you believe an invisible man in the sky loves you unconditionally, but only under certain conditions, you may be the one who is mentally ill.

Actually ... this is mentally ill!
http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/26/there-was-some-seriously-disturbing-trump-merch-at-the-ohio-rally-6807522/

There was some seriously disturbing Trump merchandise at the Ohio rally

Did you guys happen to catch a glimpse at some of the Donald Trump merchandise that was flying around his Ohio rally?

It’s seriously disturbing.
I mean, for the most part you had your ‘MAGA’ golf hats and anti-snowflake T-shirts.

But some of the other merchandise took a questionable twist. Like an aggressive Kim Jong-Un target with the words: ‘There are no Walmarts in North Korea just TARGETS.’

And then a shooting target of Hillary Clinton

Mental illness at it's finest.

Isn't that the same kind of stuff that got Gabrielle Giffords and eighteen others shot in 2011?
 cotter
Msg: 2408 (view)

McCain has brain cancer, but at least he has insurance. but hey, we can't afford you to have it
Posted: 7/20/2017 10:00:24 AM
Message 2389 ...
Kj ...
A single payer system? Well....he wouldn't have been scheduled for the craniotomy for six months....likely after he passed away from such condition.

I do not know where or who you are getting your information from but that is not how it worked where I lived with "socialized medicine" (basically single-payer). There is no doubt in my mind that different systems of "socialized medicine" differ in different countries so we probably should resist making our decisions based only on one system we have either experienced or heard about. (I know I need to hold back on judging based alone on the system I lived with.)

While I have never been insured in Canada, I DO know about Canadians traveling to the US for surgeries they claim they could not obtain in Canada ... (for whatever reason) eager to bitch about the "socialized medicine" in Canada. Come to find out ... they apparently felt such surgeries were a "necessity" whereas the doctors / insurance company didn't. (I'm thinking "make you pretty again" surgeries should take a back seat to "keep me alive" surgeries?)

Our agency provided service to many of the wealthier Canadians who fell into that category and I can tell you ... their nose jobs and face lifts, liposuctions, breast and butt implant surgeries were probably the least concerns in Canada and so they were shoved to the end of the line ... DUH!!! As well, they told me (often) such surgeries were done out of the country and in out-of-the way places so their friends would not find out about it. I have seen such people promoting the idea that they can't get appropriate surgery in Canada and are put on long waiting lists ... only to find out it was "make me pretty again" surgeries!

Where I lived with "socialized medicine", the triage system was used and those who needed immediate help got it! I can speak for my own experience. That system was similar (from what I understand) to single payer. No one went without insurance ... people paid according to their verifiable income. NO ONE was rejected because of pre-existing conditions and likewise NO ONE paid more because of pre-existing conditions. And yes, the rich CEO did pay more than the fast-food burger slingers they employed.

Adults paid co-pays for medication but there was a cap (limit) on that as well. Adults did not pay co-pays for doctors unless they elected to go out of their area for treatment. The insurance was obligated to make sure there were always enough doctors in any given area to accommodate the population. For example, when the female population spiked in our area, they were obligated to provide an additional OB/GYN (which is actually how I got my dear doctor friend who has been a personal friend since taking me on as a patient back in 1979). When the population in general spiked, they added two additional general practitioners. Children paid no co-pays for any medication or item they needed.

Anyone who wanted more than just basic coverage could purchase supplemental insurance which would cover the cost of a private room (for example) as opposed to sharing a 2 or 3 bed room. If no private rooms were available, regardless of your insurance, you were put in a multiple bed room and you were well attended to. If you had the supplemental insurance you could elect to go out of your area for treatments or consults without paying the extra co-pay you would have incurred if you did not have the supplemental insurance.

Message 2401 ...
dee ...
Single payer with freedom to supplement sounds good. Hopefully they wouldn't outlaw supplementing because the want everyone to have bad healthcare equally.

I seriously doubt they would do that as the insurance companies would make out wonderfully on those purchasing the supplemental policies.

It is really just an extension of medicaid to everyone. Could have been done without all that Obamacare paper and confusion.

We just need Medicare for all and offer the supplemental policies for those who want more. I have Medicare and I also purchase a supplemental insurance which is not cheap. I have a friend who is a millionaire (he worked hard and long for that status) who is 7 years older than me and refuses to pay for any kind of supplemental insurance. To each their own.

And all the windfall to insurance companies.

Again perhaps a misconception ... read the ACA. The reason the insurance companies do not want the ACA is because they can't make the "windfall" they want to make.

I had to self-insure myself for 2 years prior to being eligible for Medicare as the company I worked for did not offer any kind of benefits. It was very expensive but thanks to the ACA, they also had to give me a refund each year ... for over-charging me. You kill the ACA ... and there will be absolutely no limit as to what the insurance companies will charge you.
 cotter
Msg: 2788 (view)

Muslim in America
Posted: 7/17/2017 1:16:07 PM
Message 2796 ...

fun ...
you keep getting kicked off this site ...

Yes I got kicked off again. I think one of the problems may be I never give a legitimate email address... and perhaps I get kicked off when the system catches up with me, since it seems to be a regularly scheduled interval. Or Elphaba, Herod, etc. might be working to report me in the background. Who knows.

The poster admits it got kicked off again ... perhaps related to not using legitimate email addresses or whatever, but still turns around and blames it on others who (IMO) could care less what that poster is posting.

This is a poster who has been a woman ... who is posing as a man ... living all over the US ... but has also posed as a zionist ... who lived in Israel (as a woman at that point) ... who openly admits to trolling until it gets thrown off and then brags about having backup profiles in waiting because it knows it will continuously get thrown off.

Oh dear ... do you suppose it is Trump's 600 lb. person laying on a bed somewhere?

(FYI ... according to TV shows my patient has sometimes tuned into ... 600 lb. people are generally unable to get up to go to the bathroom ... usually lay around and dookie in their diapers while they stuff food in their face.)
 cotter
Msg: 2775 (view)

Muslim in America
Posted: 7/16/2017 6:16:52 PM
Message 2763 ...
"Marilyn" ... et al his / her other names ...
Elphaba...still full of shit..like always...and you hold all Zionists responsible for their efforts of self defense.

Message 2765 ...
"Marilyn" ... et al his/ her other names ...
Not going to argue israel here ...

First she makes a troll post about the zionists to see if she can pry a post out of ... ... I don't know who ... apparently wanting someone to post about the zionists.

Then she posts that she is not going to argue israel here and then goes on in the 2nd line of the same post to start discussing israel.

So which is it ... do you want us posting about the zionists and israel or not?

OR ... are you the only one who gets to post about israel and then tell us you're not going to "argue israel here"?

LMFAO at "Marilyn" ... really can't make it's mind up. Oh dear ... is it a girl or boy ... or what?

Message 2771 ...
"Marilyn" ... et al his / her other names ...
The Jews did not kill anybody because they were religious...

But they do ... they kill Palestinians. Oh wait ... I forgot, the Zionists don't kill Palestinians because they're "Muslim" it's just because they're Palestinian and the Zionists want the Palestinian land.

Yeah ... that's it. Zionists don't kill people because the ones they're killing are religious ... it's because they want the land! (But anyone could have told you that ... pretty much the whole world could have told you that.)

... they were killed because they were religious..killed by atheists.

Atheists? That's odd ... the people who lived in the town I lived in mentioned something about the Catholics preaching about killing the jews at the Catholic church quite a bit. They also told me it's all part of the religious history between the jews and the Catholics. But you'd know about that ... right? That's nothing new to you ... right?

I thought you were not going to "argue israel in here". You apparently changed your mind?
 cotter
Msg: 2747 (view)

Muslim in America
Posted: 7/16/2017 8:23:38 AM
Message 2759 ...
dee ...
It goes against their basic PCism to say anything directly against islam or even those who kill people in its name.

Again, I'm not sure what you are talking about but it appears you are saying that someone is against saying something against Islam.

I have seen many in here who are disgusted about the Islam extremist behavior. The Muslims I work with are also disgusted by it. In fact I don't know anyone of any ethnicity or religious belief who hesitate to say they are opposed to anyone killing in the name of Islam.

"It goes against their basic PCism to say anything directly against islam" ... so if a person doesn't directly put Islam down, they are pro ISIS? Is that the meaning of your post?

I have continuously posted that I am against what ISIS does ... but I see no reason to hold all "Muslims" responsible for the behavior of a few. Neither would I hold all "X-tians" responsible for the behavior of a few (for example) "X-tian" rapists or molesters.

My sister and her husband are born again "X-tians" and while I'm not crazy about some of her practices ... she would never support any fellow "X-tian" rapists or molesters!

Why do people believe that all "Muslims" represent "extremist Islam"? Who would be so shallow as to believe all "Muslims" actually support ISIS?
 cotter
Msg: 2745 (view)

Muslim in America
Posted: 7/16/2017 7:58:17 AM
Message 2755 ...
dee ...
When they blame religions as the souce of what they consider an ill and it turns out that they are wrong they get all confused.

What are you talking about? I'm trying to figure out what that sentence means.

Who is"they" and what "ill" are you talking about?
 cotter
Msg: 1308 (view)

The biggest threat ever is from Russia because
Posted: 7/14/2017 6:12:10 AM
So how many people were really in that room for that meeting with Donny, Jr.?

Another person in room during Trump Jr. meeting?

An unnamed additional party was in the room during Donald Trump Jr.'s meeting with a Russian lawyer, according to new reporting.

Russian - American lobbyist / former soviet counter intelligence officer suspected to having on-going ties to Russian intelligence was also in the room.

Now they are saying a 6th person was in the room ... wonder if he had "orange hair"?

Does this White House ever tell the truth?
 cotter
Msg: 78 (view)

In Canada we stand on guard for thee
Posted: 7/13/2017 9:15:27 PM
^^^^Message 77 ...
Decide for yourself. And BTW, (as many in here) I really don't care what you think ... but I AM interested in getting the truth out there.

http://www.salon.com/2014/09/17/air_forces_mind_boggling_violation_members_forced_to_swear_religious_allegiance/
Air Force’s mind-boggling violation: Members forced to swear religious allegiance

https://www.economist.com/blogs/erasmus/2014/09/religion-and-american-armed-forces
Why new strains of fundamentalism are said to be gaining ground in the services

https://ffrf.org/outreach/item/13195-evangelicalism-is-the-official-religion-of-the-air-force-academy
"Evangelicalism Is the Official Religion of the Air Force Academy"
"We must continue to hold the Air Force's feet to the fire," said U.S. Rep. Lois Capps, D-Calif., following the release of a weak report on the Pentagon investigation into proselytizing and religious intolerance at the Air Force Academy in Colorado. The Pentagon denied a systemic problem, but admitted insensitivity.

Rep. Steve Israel, D-N.Y., joined Capps in calling for stricter Congressional oversight into the military school. The investigation offered excuses, instead of acknowledging the "pervasive and coercive religious environment," Israel said.

The June 21 report was released on the same date that Capt. Melinda Morton announced she was resigning her commission. Morton, a Lutheran and executive chaplain at the Academy, contended she had been fired on May 4 for speaking out against the Academy's religious climate of "strident evangelicalism."

"Evangelicalism is the official religion of the Air Force Academy," she had told USA Today.

"The evangelical tone is pervasive at the Academy," she told The Washington Post, "and it's aimed at converting these young people who are under intense pressure anyway."

Early in my daughter's career she was told she really needed to go to church every week or possibly face some sort of "fragging". With all that's going on in this world, you'd think the last thing a commanding officer has time for is to check up on the enlisted personnel as to whether or not they attend church!

It's actually quite ridiculous ... not to mention sad.

Show ALL Forums