Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Help may be required from my fellow forum posters
 ~Hams~
Msg: 17 (view)

Help may be required from my fellow forum posters
Posted: 1/21/2018 5:16:46 AM
Hi Brian
I have signed up to help you get enough members to send out the invite.
I used to host regular POF events in London back in the day and wish you good luck.
Hope you have enough people now to send out the invitation.
 ~Hams~
Msg: 47 (view)

Old Forumites
Posted: 3/11/2017 12:29:13 PM

I found a couple more historic forumites.

~ willow ~
~ Hams ~
Puddles

Thanks for the mention mate!
I'm still around and have the odd peak at the forum now
again to see whats going on but don't have the time to post
any more due to work and other stuff going on.

I was just saying to one of my mates the other day that its now
an amazing 10 years since i hosted my first POF singles event in London.
The venue had over 500 people turned up and folk had to queue up outside to get in!
Hope everyone that remembers me is well.
 ~Hams~
Msg: 11 (view)

Can I pay for our coffee?
Posted: 2/14/2015 5:54:36 PM
If i asked a woman out on a date I'd prefer to pay for the coffee the first time
unless she had said before hand in a message that she preferred to go Dutch.
Does this make me old fashioned? I just wouldnt feel comfortable if i didnt at least offer.
Its only a coffee! Its not as if there are cakes to pay for unless you both get hungry.
 ~Hams~
Msg: 23 (view)

if you could have a superpower!!!
Posted: 11/23/2014 4:23:20 PM
If i had a superpower i would like to be able to read a womans mind like that guy in that movie.
(cant remember films name now!)
I would still probably end up without any dates though!
 ~Hams~
Msg: 34 (view)

Eurovision
Posted: 5/13/2014 8:42:14 AM
I'm surprised that none of you have mentioned the Polish act?
The performers certainly had me glued to the screen for a few minutes and also won 12 points from me!
 ~Hams~
Msg: 43 (view)

Why is Society so Mean to Singles?
Posted: 9/29/2013 5:53:03 AM

Can't remember what Ed is going to give us

I think Red Ed said he was going to scrap the bedroom tax and freeze gas and electricity prices for the next 2 years.

It will be interesting to see what Cameron has to offer during the Tories conference in Manchester this week!
 ~Hams~
Msg: 3 (view)

Disco and Karaoke Night at the Dog and Duck, Walthamstow September 21, 2013
Posted: 9/12/2013 4:38:42 PM
If any other members are coming please could you help out and sign up as soon as possible
as our host Lisa is new and she needs 20 so that a mass email invitation can be sent out.
 ~Hams~
Msg: 9 (view)

Katie Hopkins. Very modern or blinkered woman?
Posted: 7/17/2013 4:54:40 AM
Lets hope Lord Sugar has better luck tonight when he has to decide either to spend his cash on cakes or Botox.
As for Katie Hopkins if she is meant to represent todays modern woman there is something very wrong in our society in my view.
 ~Hams~
Msg: 4 (view)

Is there really a type for you?
Posted: 7/5/2013 3:20:16 AM
I usually only go out with women who have big boobs,like watching football and drinking tea but
if I happened to meet someone who was completely different I'd like to think I'd have it in me to give them a chance.
 ~Hams~
Msg: 10 (view)

Dawn O'Porter: How to find love online
Posted: 6/21/2013 10:41:49 AM
I haven't seen this show but did see one of those dates dramas on C4 last week which was pretty
unbelievable and if it was meant to help single people find a partner it didn't do a very good job in my view.
 ~Hams~

Corruption in the UK
Posted: 6/21/2013 10:36:40 AM

Is it about time we stopped mucking about and take to the streets ourselves.

No as these kind of protests always end up in riots and some people are still trying to recover from what happened 2 years ago.
 ~Hams~
Msg: 20 (view)

Are Holidays important when money is tight?
Posted: 6/18/2013 10:20:31 AM
I don't think holidays abroad are important if money is tight as there are loads
of places you can visit in the UK however the downside is that our weather is so awful it will probably rain.
I like to do a mixture when away of sun bathing,visiting historical sites and chatting up big boobed women but in no particular order.
 ~Hams~
Msg: 5 (view)

Cameron rocked by secret love affair- End of the road for the Con Government ?
Posted: 6/2/2013 10:28:54 AM
Personally I don't really care about if politicians are sleeping around or not.
In France and Spain they have been at it for years but nobody makes a fuss about it.
If they are doing there job probably and not stealing money from anyone why should it bother us?
 ~Hams~
Msg: 13 (view)

It's Saturday - what are you up to?
Posted: 5/12/2013 4:14:09 AM
I really enjoyed watching Wigan beat Man City in the FA Cup final on Saturday.
Congrats to the Latics!

I went to a POF meet in Chingford after with my mates,danced with a few ladies and had a burger on the way home.
(Hopefully it was horse meat free!}
 ~Hams~
Msg: 15 (view)

If you are really remorseful for murder, do you deserve some compassion?
Posted: 5/11/2013 3:16:23 AM
It sounds to me from reading his letter that all he wants is for his dad to send him some money so he can buy some fags.

I don't know all the details from this case but I could never show any compassion to the likes of Mick Philpott or the April Jones murderer however much remorse they showed.

In the church they say you must forgive those who confess their sins so they can go to heaven but surely there are some crimes where hell should be the only destination.
 ~Hams~
Msg: 6 (view)

Does anyone actually want a giant cock?
Posted: 5/8/2013 2:01:57 PM

or how about a lovely pair of boobs?

I would be in favour of that idea and think it would do wonders for the economy and bring in more tourists.
 ~Hams~
Msg: 109 (view)

UEFA Champions League
Posted: 4/27/2013 3:00:22 AM
So who would have thought that Bayern Munich would beat Barcelona 4-0 and Dortumd would win 4-1 against Madrid?!

It looks like were on for an all German final at Wembley!
 ~Hams~

Supermarket frustrations
Posted: 4/19/2013 8:41:37 AM

Is it just me or do you suffer from frustration shopping?

I hate going shopping!

I try and go as early as possible in the morning to avoid other people.

Just thinking about it has made me feel unwell.
 ~Hams~
Msg: 8 (view)

Sleepless nights - how do you cope?
Posted: 4/17/2013 4:51:22 PM
If I'm having a sleepless night I find that getting up to do the ironing helps although
the last time I forgot to turn the iron off and burnt my favourite shirt which left me steaming.
 ~Hams~
Msg: 25 (view)

All I want is good conversation...
Posted: 4/13/2013 7:09:41 AM
It doesn't look like there is going to be much good conversation on the forum for some time now the link has been removed.

Just when things on here were picking up and some new members were posting then this happens to throw a spanner into the works!
 ~Hams~
Msg: 26 (view)

while im in a rant mood - ages on here
Posted: 4/12/2013 11:34:12 AM

I was born in March and not February so I'm Pisces not Aquarius - does that count? :)
(first post please be kind to me)...

I was going to send you a msg but have now changed my mind.
Only joking!
Welcome to the forum Lucy:-0)
 ~Hams~

Is our future mapped out or do we have freewill?
Posted: 4/12/2013 10:11:14 AM
I hope that I won't be single for the rest of my life but if I am I can live with it and will continue to think positive.
 ~Hams~
Msg: 5 (view)

while im in a rant mood - ages on here
Posted: 4/11/2013 7:57:45 AM
I'm really only 32 and at least 6ft 2 and can also bake cakes but I don't want to attract the wrong sort of lady.
 ~Hams~

Questioning the mentality of some on here
Posted: 4/11/2013 7:39:57 AM
We will never know the reason why some people do what they do on here.
If I told you about some of the hate filled filth I used to receive when I sent out my party invites most people wouldn't believe me.
Some times its best just to forget about the idiots out there and think about more positive things.
 ~Hams~
Msg: 2 (view)

ITV news question time with David Cameron
Posted: 4/11/2013 7:29:10 AM
I would ask Mr Cameron if he will stick to his promise of a referendum
on if we should remain in the EU or not if he is still in power after the next general election?.

Also would his government continue their welfare reforms to stop the likes of Mick Philpot claiming benefits for 17 kids?

And finally can he promise that if the Scots decide to break away from the UK we in England won't continue to pay for all the free stuff they get?

I could go on but will leave it there!
 ~Hams~

Am I using this site properly?
Posted: 4/10/2013 3:50:23 PM
I don't take any notice of the meet me function and consider it to be a pointless and meaningless feature.
As Lusipher has said above there is no right or wrong way to use the site and we all like to do things differently on here.

I won't bother to write first contact msgs any longer but if I received an email I would always reply back just as an example.
Do stick around to use the forum as its one of the best things about this place and another way to meet people and make new friends.
 ~Hams~

A horrible kisser
Posted: 4/10/2013 11:41:53 AM
I kissed a girl on a date once but she passed out and we ended up in hospital at the A&E Dept.
Never heard from here again so now If I ever go on a romantic encounter I only shakes hands at the end of the night.
 ~Hams~

Take bare boobs out of the Sun
Posted: 4/9/2013 7:35:46 AM

It doesn't bother me but I bet Hams will object ;)

I object!
I think there are far more important things going on in the world than to worry about the sun showing boobs on Page 3.
Nobody forces these girls to pose topless in the paper and many of them go on to earn a lot of money doing other things.
Linda Lusardi was my favourite.
 ~Hams~
Msg: 10 (view)

Not the first, and defintely not the last
Posted: 4/8/2013 9:12:46 AM
I'm really sorry to read about what happened OP:-0(
I think not to show up when a date had been arranged and confirmed is totally out of order.
This has never happened to me on here but then again I haven't been on that many dates.

Don't let this setback put you off from trying again and just put it down to one of those things that happens sometimes.
 ~Hams~
Msg: 16 (view)

Thatcher is Dead
Posted: 4/8/2013 8:59:09 AM

I hope we can avoid hate posts on this subject.

Well said Daver.
She may not have been everyone's cup of tea but lets show a bit of respect and leave out the hatred at least for today.
One thing for certain is that she will always be remembered.
RIP The Iron Lady.
 ~Hams~
Msg: 16 (view)

All I want is good conversation...
Posted: 4/8/2013 8:50:31 AM
Welcome to the forum Kursttie:-0)
We often have plenty of good conversation on here so stick around and just join in when a topic takes your fancy.
I have given up writing msgs to women on the dating side as it doesn't matter if you just say hi or write a long and funny email they never get replied back to what ever.
It didn't seem to be as bad as this on here a couple of years ago but a lot has changed due to the rise in popularity of social networking sites i feel.
Edit - I see that this was an old thread from last year but i still believe the post i wrote to be true.
 ~Hams~
Msg: 51 (view)

Does anyone actually LIKE being called well fit?
Posted: 4/7/2013 6:52:37 AM
Hasn't Barack Obama got into trouble for calling California's attorney general very attractive or something like that?
He has been accused of being sexist and all sorts!
 ~Hams~

Dogging. Just a peculiar British pastime?
Posted: 4/6/2013 1:42:39 PM
Isn't a little bit cold at the moment to be going down the woods to bonk strange women?

I found those masks that they were wearing quite scary.

I just hope that they don't say the whole thing was a lie like with the 40 year old virgin last week!
 ~Hams~
Msg: 7 (view)

Cancer Risk If You're Bald !!
Posted: 4/4/2013 1:02:03 PM
Are there any advantages to being bald ??

You can save money on shampoo and don't have to spend ages every morning brushing your hair.
 ~Hams~

Mick and Mairead Philpott
Posted: 4/4/2013 10:07:10 AM
Its actually very rare for senior politicians like Osbourne to make personal comments on these kind of criminal cases but I agree
with him that it is very wrong that the welfare state funded shameless Mick's lifestyle and something needs to be done to stop the
system being abused so that people think they have the right to have as many kids as they want without ever doing a hard days work.

I think its disgusting that he only got 15 years for murdering 6 innocent children and don't believe that the punishment fits the crime.

This was not manslaughter and there is something very wrong with our justice system in my view.
 ~Hams~

Is it me or are there double standards here?
Posted: 4/4/2013 9:48:58 AM
I would have written back asking her if she thought she could live on £53 per week just to get the conversation going.
 ~Hams~
Msg: 2 (view)

Mick andMairead Philpott
Posted: 4/3/2013 7:42:11 AM
Their whole lifestyle, funded by the taxpayer, is bizarre to say the least.

This is one of the reasons why the welfare state needs reforming but people who genuinely need help like those
who are disabled are being victimised by the government but if you want to have 17 kids
you can carry on claiming and getting your leg over at the tax payers expense. This is just complete madness!!
 ~Hams~
Msg: 18 (view)

Do we/you discuss dating too much..?
Posted: 4/2/2013 6:16:50 PM

(Though I was shocked and surprised, to see that you'd never started one on "breasts"... perhaps now's your chance..?)

I did consider starting a topic about that young lady who had a boob job
done recently for free on the NHS but I was very busty at the time.

There are some subjects like immigration that should never be discussed here as they always turn into flame wars.

I would like to see a few more light hearted discussions in the future to attract some more new members to the forum.
 ~Hams~

Could you live on just £53 per week?
Posted: 4/2/2013 7:00:45 AM

Fecking hypocrites

I agree with you brother.
I really don't think most politicians have a bloody clue about just how tough things are for a lot of ordinary people right now.
While they sit in their tax payer subsidized bars in Westminster dreaming about how they
are going to fiddle their expenses and spend their above inflation pay rises while the rest of us are having trouble sleeping at night time.

Some of us can't even afford to put the bloody heating on and have to go cold in the middle of one of worst ever winters in living memory or chose not to eat anything.
 ~Hams~
Msg: 34 (view)

what do girls like in first message?
Posted: 4/2/2013 4:14:49 AM
I agree with you happy chappie and also wish the subject line could be brought back.

I used to love coming up with amusing ones in my messages and would get a reply back at least 9 times out of 10.

Now days we can't even see any more if our emails are unread deleted unless you pay to become an upgraded member!
 ~Hams~
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 4/2/2013 2:05:42 AM

"If I had to I would,"

According to Department of Work and Pensions secretary Iain Duncan Smith speaking on Radio 4.

In the wake of the comment, more than 100,000 people signed a petition on the change.org website,
calling for the minister to try surviving on that money for a year.

I wouldn't be able to survive what with our energy and basic food prices going up to their highest ever levels.
 ~Hams~
Msg: 67 (view)

Do we judge our 'date' on his/her car?
Posted: 3/29/2013 7:29:33 AM

How could I possibly judge anyone on their choice of car, when I have a battered old Almera myself lol

Don't worry Alice!
Most of us know what you were trying to say and that you also don't judge anyone.
PS - You could come and pick me up in your Almera any time and I'll take us on a date to a drive through McDonalds.
 ~Hams~
Msg: 60 (view)

Do we judge our 'date' on his/her car?
Posted: 3/29/2013 5:07:56 AM
This was only mean to be a light hearted thread!
I don't drive or have a car and go everywhere on either my roller skates or skate board.
So if any ladies wanted a date with me they would have to have a good balance and be pretty fast to keep up.
 ~Hams~

Cold out isn't it!
Posted: 3/25/2013 9:01:43 AM
I was feeling a little stiff when i got up this morning but that was only my arthritis playing up due to the cold weather!
 ~Hams~

And finally, what everyone wants...?
Posted: 3/25/2013 8:54:42 AM

I want fully open borders and the rewards and freedoms that will come with that.........

Isn't that what we had when Labour was in power between 1997 and 2010?
They have now admitted they had an open back door policy and wanted as many immigrants to come here as possible.
The only thing is though is that they never asked us if that is what we wanted and that was very wrong.
 ~Hams~
Msg: 8 (view)

A slap up for a hide the sausage......
Posted: 3/23/2013 11:52:22 AM
I don't have £100 to spend on a slap up meal and couldn't ever justify spending such an amount even if I did have it.

I would always save my last sausage for the right woman though.
 ~Hams~
Msg: 23 (view)

When I Grow Up I Want to Be...
Posted: 3/20/2013 1:27:02 PM
I wanted to be a DJ or to write about football for a living when I was growing up and have now been
lucky enough to achieve both of my ambitions so all thats left now is to find a woman who could put up with me!
 ~Hams~

Is drunken reviews of profiles wrong?
Posted: 3/18/2013 9:39:15 AM

Does anyone else do the same?

No!
I would never msg somebody to give them a profile review as I think its rude and
none of our business what other members have written even if they have some massive mistakes on them.
Let them sort it out in their own time or they can come on here and post a topic so we can reply here.
I have in the past emailed a couple of women to compliment them when I've seen some really fantastic profiles.
 ~Hams~

Eurovision
Posted: 3/18/2013 9:27:39 AM

Thoughts?

I prefer to watch the old repeats of that naughty adult TV show Eurotrash.

Its interesting that many European countries are in a financial crisis but can still afford to take part in this competition.
 ~Hams~

Messaging
Posted: 3/16/2013 9:57:10 AM
i also hit a bit of a dip with the messages so i sent out a mass boob shot..

Damn! I must have been outside the 10k radius limit to get this mass email!

OP - There does seem to still be a major issue with hidden/Unhidden profiles on POF at the mo
which could well be why you aren't getting many msgs right now and the admin are well aware of this problem
There are quiet a few topics about this in the help section where you could find out more whats going on.
You could always delete your profile and then create a new one to get around this and make sure not to hide your profile again as it cant be changed back.

Show ALL Forums