Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: what do girls think about dating a guy with a kid?
 sexilau27
Msg: 148 (view)

what do girls think about dating a guy with a kid?
Posted: 4/14/2009 7:49:44 PM
I agree with knightrider... I too was once a girl that said ... I would NEVER date a guy with kids..... and then I had a change of heart. My bf has a child.... and he is splitting custody with his ex ...IT can be frustrating sometimes yes, however he is the love of my life... and I feel things with him that I have neverrr felt with anyone before him. Never say never!!!
 sexilau27
Msg: 678 (view)

Expain the phrase My children are my top priority?
Posted: 4/14/2009 7:31:28 PM
I don't have any kids of my own... but I have a bf who has a child... and I understand in the whole children are important... and should come first... but here is my issue.. I feel as though the person you want to be with/share your joys/sorrows etc with better take a top priority as well.... Meaning there should be attention and affection shown to that person as well.... NOONE likes to be second choice... or pushed to the side.... but dating men/women with children takes much patience love and understanding... trust me....
 sexilau27
Msg: 7 (view)

This is why you can't find love and why it never stays
Posted: 1/4/2009 5:20:48 PM
awesome post! Very true.. and it opened my eyes! Thanx
 sexilau27
Msg: 5 (view)

Am I Just wasting my time?
Posted: 1/3/2009 10:26:19 AM
ready or not.....i tried walking away from him b4... i told him i can't take it anymore and to call me when his divorce was final.... WE STAYED AWAY for 2 months... but i was so miserable without him, and he was feeling the same. So we got back, with hopes that things will be almost done. I'm a smart person. I'm pretty and have been told that I deserve so much more..... but yet, my heart draws me back.... so I hope that when the time comes and he CAN provide the more that I really want and need he will... and if not... then I go!
 sexilau27
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 1/3/2009 10:22:48 AM
thanks crydsmth... u make the most sense. I think I will hold on for a little longer because I do truly love this guy. So for me, I have to try and stand by. Sometimes we learn that we have to give up the "perfect" situation ideal. It's taking longer than expected but from day one he has been honest with me...
 sexilau27
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 1/2/2009 2:20:07 PM
wow u have all said alot but I guess noone can tell their hearts what or how to feel.... just to set the record straight ..his ex cheated on him and ended the marriage. I didn't have anything to do with that.... I didn't expect myself to catch feelings for him.. we were just friends at first, but it happened. He is a great guy in a shitty situation. I am a great girl who has morals, and who loves people for who they are.
I just wanted to make that clear.
Thanks for your words of advice, but I need to do some real soul searching... and follow my heart!
 sexilau27
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 1/2/2009 10:44:14 AM
Wow a new year and here I am sad, and lonely. You see I have been dating this man for the past year that is truly not 100% available to me.I came in his life after he filed for divorce. He is legally seperated, however he still resides in the same house as his soon to be ex-wife. He has a child. He is like the mom/dad of this child. She isn't involved much. He is seeking custody. He states he cannot leave the house due to the fact that the courts will consider it abandonment. He also is concerned with leaving and financially having nothing. They both own a house that would have to be split.When we are together, there is no place I would rather be. When we are apart my heart bleeds and I am constantly questioning my worth, and our relationship. I have met his child, and get along with him great. I have met some of his family and friends. I really love this man. I feel like I want to give him the benefit of the doubt that good things will come out of all of this. Lately, we have been arguing about the same things.. (mainly the fact that he is physically still living there). Do I hold on a few more weeks or months in hopes that things will fall into place and it gets better? He hates his ex there is no question in my mind that he is "cheating" on me. If there was I wouldn't be sticking around. But there is so much frustration, and then my frustration turns into his... and makes him angry and defensive.... and it then makes me feel very hurt and totally upset. What do I do? How much can one take or accept before really going off the deep end? Is love really worth it all? How can I be sure that when things are said and done I am gonna really have what I want and waited so long to have? Any advice?

Show ALL Forums