Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: What about cats?!?
 topaz_twin
Msg: 35 (view)

What about cats?!?
Posted: 1/22/2009 11:58:09 PM
I absolutly adore cats..I have 7 right now ( female got preggo when a male got in from the basement window and one I took in because the previous owner threw her against a tv and injured her leg) any man who loves cats is a keeper...I had one cat ten years ago who was my fur baby through and through...we shared a bond that was undeniable..under horrific circumstances she was brutally murdered by my ex BF when I broke up with him..it took me 4 years to get over that trauma and still to this day I miss her like crazy...please dont think anything is weird about loving cats...its the ppl who dont that you have to watch out for
 topaz_twin
Msg: 26 (view)

Children Stories that made you uncomfortable
Posted: 12/3/2008 7:31:43 PM
this isnt a childrens story but a prayer my mom used to say to me at night...has anyone else been tramatized by this one? "as I lay me down to sleep I pray the Lord my soul to keep ..if I should die before I wake I pray the Lord my soul to take"

as a child I literally had to beg my mom not to say this prayer with me any more at bedtime! LOL thanks mom!!
 topaz_twin
Msg: 155 (view)

stupid things that scare you
Posted: 12/2/2008 1:30:22 PM
oh yeah!! and when my kids were babies I used to be afraid they would suddenly get up and start walking around and talking...CREEPY!!! and of course it was worse at night that they would walk into my room when I was sleeping

Maybe I have too much of an active imagination...yeah that's it...lol
 topaz_twin
Msg: 154 (view)

stupid things that scare you
Posted: 12/2/2008 1:25:17 PM
I havent heard this one yet and I have NO idea why this scares me but if I wake up in the middle of the night and glance over at my digital alarm clock and the numbers are 1:23 it always freaks me out and what freaks me out even more is that it happens ALL the time!! Weird..pretty much anytime I look at a digital clock and the numbers are 123 I get the creeps..its just worse at night

I have ALOT of night time fears like the open drapes thing..the hand or leg dangeling over the side of the bed thing...the open bedroom door thing...mirrors at night..wow..no wonder I cant sleep!
 topaz_twin
Msg: 228 (view)

Ever have a crush on a cartoon?
Posted: 11/30/2008 10:48:16 PM
Optimus Prime!! I thought he was soo cool..loved his name too for some reason

even thought he may not qualify as a cartoon I had a thing for Archer in Small Soldiers...don't ask me why

and I have just realised neither of my crushes are actually human...hmmm...lol
 topaz_twin
Msg: 4 (view)

I'd like a review, please!
Posted: 11/27/2008 12:38:43 AM
OH Good gracious!!! Change your headliner!!! The majority of women on here are on here because they have met so many ***holes and liars on the outside that they could write a book about it...as soon as the see you are willing to LIE!!!!! Poof!! on to the next one without a second glance at the rest of your profile!! I know I would...I specifically state in mine..NO LIARS!!!!
Hope this helps
 topaz_twin
Msg: 23 (view)

Should I enforce this?
Posted: 11/26/2008 3:35:24 PM
I'm sorry all.you .need...but do you have kids? have you EVER been through the hell that some women go through at the hands of an absent father? I totally agree that kids should have two well adjusted parents getting along and communicating and I get the fact she is trying to provide that..I did too..this is not the case in her situation and I am trying to give the poor girl the cold hard truth before this situation brings even more heart ache then it already is..I am speaking from experience and if you want to chastize everyone who disagrees with you even though you havent lived with it then I'm sorry but my advice still stands..and yes I wish my ex would be with his son but I realised that is something I cant control and in a perfect world there would be NO single parents or broken homes but we live in reality...sorry to tell you but that was the point to my original post
and to the original poster believe me when I say I'm an only looking out for you best interests..if I sound harsh it is only because sometimes ppl need the hard truth
and isnt it the same to think that her situation is the same as all the ppl who are replying that things might actually work out? They are assuming her situation is the same as theirs are they not?
She asked for advice...let ppl who know answer
 topaz_twin
Msg: 22 (view)

Should I enforce this?
Posted: 11/26/2008 11:57:21 AM
I agree 100% with the poster who said you should cut all ties and move on...you are living in a fantasy world right now because you are hoping one day you and your ex will get back together and you dont want to burn any bridges ..believe me I know...you can deny this all you want but you are lying to yourself
The reason he is telling everyone that you dont let him see his son is because HE doesnt want to..that way you look like the bad guy..and he may seem to love his son but he needs to keep up the lie and make a half-a** effort once in awhile
and you can forget about hearing from a mediator because he hasn't contacted ANYONE...he is a lair and you know it but are in deep denial
I went through this for a year and a half with my sons father and finally had enough and said "goodbye"..not literally..i just stopped contacting him to get him to see his son and havent heard from him since
You need to focus on your son and stop obsessing about the father which is what your doing.."enforce" what is in the best interest of yourself and your childs well being and end this toxic realationship before it gets out of hand
 topaz_twin
Msg: 317 (view)

Why don't you age?
Posted: 11/17/2008 2:46:19 AM
I am ALWAYS being told I look way younger then I am...but then again I am Canadian and I like my beer..I smoke and tan and dont exercise that much and enjoy junk food now and then..someone once told me that if you have native blood in you (which I do) you will look younger then your white peers...the heredity factor makes sense here..and just so you know I just turned 38
 topaz_twin
Msg: 46 (view)

A question
Posted: 10/12/2008 5:35:46 PM
she also said he told her he had a vasectomy...I fell victim to the same lie and I will never understand why men say these things...as far as I can see the men who are replying are the ones who are being the most judgemental...why is that? Because they know for a fact that there are men out there who like to fcuk up womens lives because they are so pathetic themselves?
 topaz_twin
Msg: 32 (view)

A question
Posted: 10/12/2008 4:52:57 PM
going for child support is not the answer..I have raised four children without the benefit of child support because no money in the world is worth the mental anguish having a deadbeat dad in my kids lives...plus the fight to get support will wear you down mentally and physically...move away and start a new life..the drama is NOT worth it believe me and what ever you do DON'T name him on the birth certificate and if you do your get what you deserve..sorry if its harsh but you have to focus on your baby and not some loser who will keep doing this to women
 topaz_twin
Msg: 12 (view)

My daughters father see's one child and not the other
Posted: 10/7/2008 3:06:08 AM
I'm sorry I forgot to mention my son's father does not see him anymore even though he claimes he loves him and misses him...I suspect a "new" mama has entered the picture..oh well I'm taking my own advice on that one..
 topaz_twin
Msg: 11 (view)

My daughters father see's one child and not the other
Posted: 10/7/2008 3:02:56 AM
I am in the same situation right now..my 2yr old son's father has7children but he olny paid attention to and "claimed" my son..one of his children is a girl and he has signed over all rights as a parent to her ...I do believe they favor the children of the parent they feel closest to and because men cannot multitask they can olny focus on one child at a time..I know as a woman we cannot understand this and never will

My advice would be to let him know the door is always open but you are not going to waste anymore time wondering "why" Love your daughter and raise her well..this guy is going to keep doing this and you don't need the drama of multiple "baby mama's" when your dughter is older and askes about her dad you may want to have them meet but believe me the pain that can happen to her if things don't work out is NOT worth is...move on and find a man who will love you AND your daughter
 topaz_twin
Msg: 20 (view)

Divorcing a sociopath
Posted: 10/7/2008 2:16:59 AM
I just came to the realization the my ex too is a sociopath..thankfully we were never married but when we first got together he wanted to get married right away (we had a child togehter and I didn't let him know about it for a year...long story) anyway when he found out about the baby he came to me and wanted to start dating...this was a year and a half ago and I should have just ran the other way at the beginning...ever since then he has just lied..cheated and stolen from me,,he does not finacially support his son and when I wanted him to take him for a day he would refuse yet all the time he would tell his family and friends I didn't let him see his son...this would go on everytime I broke up with him he is 24 and has 7 kids out there
Last year one of his ex's sued him for child support and he refused to pay saying he wasn't allowed to see his kid so why should he..the same line he always said about me..he used it for all his kids (I'm not allowed to see them) well this summer he ended up signing over all parental rights to her so he wouldn't have to pay child support
Everytime he came back to me it was to have a place to live..to use my car..to borrrow money..etc..yet claiming how much he loved and miss our son
Things got really nasty over the past month because we got back together and he had the nerve to ask me to get "unfixed" so he could have another baby!!! I refused and later I found out he had asked another girl the same thing!! He has since ran off to Quebec telling me he would be back in 4days (it's been 3wks) I broke up with him because I found out he was living with someone else
The point of all this is that everytime this happens he blames me and won't see his son and he has now started calling CFS on me because he says I suck as a mother and once he even called the cops on me because I ticked him of for something minor..he is on my phone plan and he even told me he would sign over all rights to his son to me if I didn't cancel his phone...this guys is mentally disturbed and the worst part is that I was starting to see myself as not sane because I couldn't believe that any human being would act like this!! he thinks the world of himself yet he has no job..no car and no home (I admit I should have seen the red flags but I convinced myself that he wasn't really like that)
Thank you for posting your story because I now know I am not alone in dealing with a psycho like him
As for your children..I know what it is like to want to keep their Father in their lives and thankfully my son is only two and wont remember him but I have older children and the pain they have seen him put me through has left then scarred and angry
I think the best thing to do is cut your losses and never look back...my loved ones have been telling me this for months ( HIS parents as well) you and your kids need peace of mind and no one will get it if he's still in the picture
GOOD LUCK!!

Show ALL Forums