Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Too long, not worth reading?
 DJKLPS
Msg: 1 (view)

Too long, not worth reading?
Posted: 3/8/2011 8:07:19 AM
Hi helpful friends,

realized my write up looks like a novel compared to some out there. . .may or may not have copy pasted it from a list of questions I answered hahaha. I've done some editing but am not sure where to go from here.

I'm trying to strike a balance between my heavy geek side, and my normal side.

always appreciated!!! let me know after your comments if there's anything I can return the favor with!
 djklps
Msg: 33 (view)

Vagina Size
Posted: 7/3/2009 10:14:14 AM
Also, the vagina adapts to whatever is being put inside it. Soooo if you're girl is a little too tight and you're coming too quick, make sure you put an extra finger inside during foreplay. The opposite issue? just use the baby finger. Try it, it works.

-d.
 djklps
Msg: 12 (view)

Tips/suggestions/fantasies/tricks from sensual men
Posted: 5/7/2009 11:36:10 PM
It'sMillerTime has some good advice... but I sort of understand where some other people are coming from. I like it hard, heavy, and out of control. . . and while I can slow the pace and play attentive lover it's not the same as the feeling you get from letting your inner animal out. If that kind of sexual fulfillment is important to you, that's not a knock on you, or your partner, just a sign of differences. Have you thought of taking turns and exploring both? Maybe you will develop a taste for the slow stuff. . . or at least you can give him a chance to see what he's been missing out on!!

-d.
 djklps
Msg: 14 (view)

I'm not attracting the type of men I would consider dating..Help?
Posted: 5/7/2009 11:30:06 PM
Hey real quick wanted to say thanks for the review...

and about the pictures you *want* to post but are hesitant to because of negative reactions; there's a reason I haven't gotten rid of mine! I think it's a fine line between pleasing the internet masses and staying true to yourself. I know you don't want to put people off. . . but there does come a time when you also want to help people weed themselves out so that the people YOU are interested in are messaging you, not guys you have nothing in common with. . .

In my case, I'm a lucky guy who has been blessed with a lot of friends. Some are male, some are female, and I'm not about to try and hide the fact that I enjoy spending time with all of them on my profile for an extra hit or two. If the fact that a lot of my female friends are / were models bothers someone then it's probably a good thing they get wierded out at the start. . . instead of getting mad if/when these same people give me a huge hug from behind or something while I'm at a bar on a date! Considering you're a stylist; if I were to see pictures of you in baggy / ugly clothes I'd wonder what was up. . .so I say stay true to who you are! If you like to look good and dress well show it, who knows it could be that special something that attracts your eventual mate to you! It's 2:30 am now, the bar i'm spinning at just closed and i'm about to pack up my gear and go home so I hope this all makes sense. . .

PS I still can't believe you're mid thirties. . . whatever diet / exercise regime you've been on is working, good work. Also, good luck on finding a non creeper, i'm sure there's someone out there for you!

-d.
 djklps
Msg: 20 (view)

What do men think about during sex to stop them from bustin?
Posted: 5/7/2009 2:03:38 PM
differential calculus. Seriously, if you can focus hard enough to take a double derivative, you'll last as long as you need. Math! it's the solution!! (pardon the pun)
 djklps
Msg: 19 (view)

swallowing to end sex
Posted: 5/7/2009 1:59:28 PM
. . .someones bragging. . .
hold on to that one... because now that the secrets out if you let her go. . .
 djklps
Msg: 10 (view)

Birth Control for Men????
Posted: 5/7/2009 1:53:22 PM
Vegg4Life, you're an idiot about the reason male BC hasn't arrived yet. It's all about how much easier it is to trick women to stop dropping eggs (simulate hormonal concenctrations during pregnancy) than it is to trick a guys body to stop producing sperm. Please leave the histrionics out of a scientific topic kthnx.

I agree with the second part though; there's a reason my girls and I have a talk about what the plan is should the pill / rubber fail before I put my future in their....hands. I would be all over a male contraceptive, although lets be real with the increasing prevalence of STI's it's still no excuse to not use barrier protection!! I just like that I would be able to have some sort of control; it freaks me out how one slip up by someone else could cost me my future.

D.A.
Chemical Engineering
Queen's University
 djklps
Msg: 5 (view)

Sending Messages, but No Replies Back
Posted: 5/7/2009 12:04:17 PM
Maybe I'm wrong here, but it sounds like a lot of people expect the internet to magically fix all their relationship problems. Imean, if you are the type of guy that doesn't go on three dates a week regularly why would you expect the internet to allow you to now? These things take time lads, and yes you will sift through many a woman on the internet, and you will in turn be sifted...but that's the whole point. It's easy to sift, so you can afford to be picky and hold out for what you want! I feel like if you are just here to have fun and meet people, no expectations, things will go better. . . again, what are you guys writing in these intro messages? Fun and flirty should be the key, you don't want to intimidate the poor girl!

-d.
 djklps
Msg: 4 (view)

Review My Profile! Win A Prize!
Posted: 5/7/2009 11:44:29 AM
hey bro thanks a lot for the kind words they're much appreciated! I didn't realize my profile picture was that much of an issue...it's too bad that party was amazing and definately one of my favorite College Adventures...those costumes came last minute an hour before the party and after a fifth of jack! I'll see about changing my picture to #4 then, assuming I can't find something better suited on Facebook, and see if it yields an increase in the "viewed you" section.

Another hater on the dislikes section! The idea was to put things that I feel both me and the type of girl i'm looking for would be not so much into, sort of like building a proto connection with both likes and dislikes with someone. But if it's not working, it's not working! I think I might keep it but take out the serious ones, and just leave things like the blue cheese, going to sleep with wet hair, warm beer, black jelly beans etc etc. thoughts?

-d.
 djklps
Msg: 2 (view)

Sending Messages, but No Replies Back
Posted: 5/7/2009 11:35:43 AM
What's up Ced?

I feel ya man. I do ok out in real life (I'm a dj and promoter in a university town), but I was finding out that I was tired of dating barfly's and the like, and wanted someone more in tune with her intellectual side, whom I could connect with on a deeper level. Annnd boy did my ego take a beating!!! I remember the first day I messaged two girls, and was like sweet i'll have a date within a week and a girl in two!! . . . and never heard back! hahaha I think a lot of it has to do with demographics as someone was saying earlier. . . but another thing that I've found to be pretty effective is to have a LOT of fun with your profile.

I certainly know when i'm browsing around a girl that seems like she's laughing while she was writing her profile is instantly more attractive to me. Try not to think of it as a way to attract the girls you want, that makes it seem intimidating, and like it matters. This is, after all, the internets: a place of distant strangers and lolcatz. Use it more as a way of putting yourself on a piece of paper so that you can weed out the girls who won't fit YOUR personality... trust me for every girl you drive off by not playing it safe you will arouse the interest of another...where a blander profile may have disinterested both.

I know this is in the Profile Review board, but what are your messages like? I've been playing around, varying the kind of message I send, the length, etc etc. And here's what I've found out. For the first message, length is your enemy! (Note, this could be a factor of my demographic...i'm 22 and would only date 20-24) I've had the best success rate doing a quick read through, picking out a trait that resonates with you, and dropping off a "hey I think we might have a few things in common, I see you do _____, that's awesome because I did _____ (something relatable)! You should check out my profile, and if you think we might have a few other thigns to talk about send me a reply!" It's light, friendly, non-threatening and DOESN'T APPEAL TO THEIR LOOKS. I think that's key. The whole point of this stuff is to really get to know the person right? Plus this way sending out your initial message doesn't take long, so you're not wasting energy on girls unwilling to give you the time of day (it's 2:33 pm).

Keep your stick on the ice buddy, and don't be afraid to be messaging multiple girls at once. There's no need to act like you're not actively looking for girls right, that's what you're here for! It's a numbers game, you keep going out there and dropping your lure, you're bound to reel in a keeper!!

also, I have my profile up in this forum too. "Rate my profile! Win a Prize!". I'm always about improving so even though I've had some good results with this profile i'm still trying to tweak it. Any feedback would be phenomenal!

-d.
 djklps
Msg: 4 (view)

I'm not attracting the type of men I would consider dating..Help?
Posted: 5/7/2009 11:16:14 AM
I'm with the rest of the lads. Lets be clear; you're super hot. But if you want to really grab the attention of the top tier lads (which, I'm assuming, is the type you're looking for given you seem to be a pretty Alpha type person yourself) you definately need to throw in some more interests. Try imagining that you woke up on a saturday with a magic credit card, and you could just appear anywhere so you didn't have to travel. What would you do, where would you go? what would you eat? Asking yourself a question like that can help find the really specific interesting things about you that will draw in the kind of guys I feel you are trying to attract.

I'm big in to cooking too, so for someone like me, more details about your kitchen adventures would be good. What style of cooking is your favorite? Are you rustic italian, southeast asian, haute couture? Try putting something up that would make your bucket list. . .swimming with dolphins in the GBR or something, climbing mount Killamanjaro, meeting a dignitary, it doesn't have to be realistic, it just has to be you!

*scratches head*, that's all I can think of. It's certainly not a bad profile, not at all. It is, however, lacking in specifics that will strike a note with someone similar to you and make someone want to connect with your mind, not just your body.

I also have a profile thread up; I'm not saying mine is good by any stretch of the imagination but I'd appreciate it if you could check it out and return the feedback favor. In the mean time, good luck catching your shark!!

-d.
 djklps
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 5/7/2009 11:03:44 AM
Thanks, for all the feedback, i'll try to address them:

about the pictures...I actually don't take pictures, so the only pictures I have are of me DJing (taken by friends / fans), or me posing with people at various events etc etc. But I'll try to find one of just me for sure!!

The Dislikes? done, I can totally see where you are coming from...but what if I meed a blue cheese afficionado?? :P

As for the song / the LMFAO thing...LMFAO is the name of the electro/hiphop band, the same guys who are in the song title. They are really new though, they just dropped their debut album Party Rock on April 1st, so I can see how that would be confusing... I'll try and make that more clear. Maybe write it like this? --> "LMFAO" is my band of the minute.

As for the restrictions, haha i'm a poor student without a car so long distance relationships aren't exactly possible with where I am now in my life, and as for the long term one. . . I'm not against a long term relationship, but I don't want to be meeting people that are looking for a long term relationship...if it happens it happens but I don't like there to be uneven expectations, i'd hate to lead someone on you know?

Thanks so much for the review though, I really appreciate it! I'm going to make some changes right now!!

-d.
 djklps

Posted: 5/7/2009 8:53:12 AM
**worth as much as I do.
This is what I get for forgetting to proof read!
 djklps

Posted: 5/7/2009 8:51:42 AM
....ok I lied about the prize, unless you consider my everlasting gratitude to be worth as mush as i do ;)

But yes, please do look over my profile and let me know what you think. It IS a little long, but the type of girl I'm hoping is hopefully like me and intrigued by a more detailed profile rather than turned off. I work in nightclubs, and was getting really tired of barstars as girlfriends so I thought i'd try and use this site to grab me a more educated, witty, chill sort of girl. The kind you can bum around with on a rainy sunday haha. So with that in mind, review away, I look forward to hearing your comments!!

-d.
 djklps
Msg: 3 (view)

Successful profile? You be the judge. (Review requested)
Posted: 2/15/2009 4:56:11 PM
untheup...I don't really get what that means. I can't tell if that's a comment about DJing, about not being able to get laid because I'm a DJ (which is the problem, it's hard to fall in love with a groupie), or really anything about it. I'm sure you had good intentions but something's been lost in translation, could you clarify?

-d.
 djklps

Posted: 2/15/2009 4:54:03 PM
Hey thanks for the fantastic write-up! I actually don't have that many pics of myself, I stole those suckers off of facebook...but I'll try to take some where it's just me. Could I ask you to clarify about the personality bit, or rather more on how you would project that across the internet. I think I have an idea about what you mean, but I thought I'd try to get clarification first.

And in regards to that last line, you're absolutely right. Imean, I like the idea of throwing out a challenge, so I doubt i'll change it...but you're absolutely right.

Thanks again for the great feedback!!

-d.
 djklps

Posted: 2/14/2009 1:41:17 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm not exactly sure what I clicked, but I've somehow navigated to a hitherto unknown part of this site and thought I could use some feedback too! The profile is rather A-type, and a little geeky, but so am I, haha. I'd appreciate any comments you might have!

-d.

Show ALL Forums