Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Why is it so hard to find our soul mate?
 G.G.
Msg: 28 (view)

Why is it so hard to find our soul mate?
Posted: 1/5/2007 11:41:29 PM
I dont think we look for our soul mates I think we look for lovers expecting them to be soul mates. A soul mate is someone you connect with on an unusualy vulnerable level. It doesnt have to be Mr. Perfect or Miss. Right. There are other relationships that can connect on that level.
-Gina
 G.G.
Msg: 3 (view)

Most important thing
Posted: 12/7/2006 2:16:06 PM
Grandparents are the most important things about the holidays to me.
 G.G.
Msg: 6 (view)

Christmas Wish
Posted: 12/7/2006 2:13:46 PM
If I had one wish it would be that my younger brother could have a do over with not just one thing but like from the moment he made his first choice that led him down the path he followed. He's not like a convict or anything but he's messed up and he's going to have a hard life from here on out. I love him and I just wish the best for him.
-Gina
 G.G.
Msg: 44 (view)

Is it wrong to offer a woman a free place to live
Posted: 12/7/2006 2:02:38 PM
Hey it's not wrong but be careful how you approach it. Both men and women now a days feel a need to be strong and indepentent you know, fully able to take care of themselves. Relying on other people can be scarry so it can turn into the wrong thing easy if there is a breech in trust or abuse of their circumstance.
-Gina
 G.G.
Msg: 24 (view)

Don't Waste OUR Time.
Posted: 12/3/2006 11:39:14 AM
Hey I think that sometimes people want something like a long term relationship but they are terrified of it when they come face to face with a possibility. That doesnt mean they're not worth it, it just means that you have to be patient. Everyone is a little broken in the love department or they wouldnt be here. Some people rush into it before they have a chance to know the person and some people rush away from it because they are afraid of doing something wrong or being hurt. Either way I try to give everybody the chance they deserve. People are only people.
-Gina
 G.G.
Msg: 81 (view)

How come no one wants to get married
Posted: 12/2/2006 6:45:42 PM
I think no one wants to get married because of the divorce rate. I mean who wants to try and fail? My grandparents generation married and stayed that way but my parents generation as typically more than one failed marraige and thats the example that we their childeren now have. I'm afraid to be put through the stuff I've seen my parents go through. NO thank you, and children are optional now a days Im not even sure if I want them.
 G.G.
Msg: 12 (view)

Why is sex a problem ?
Posted: 12/2/2006 6:42:42 PM
I think sex is a problem at least for some girls because the stigma is a girl is a hoe if she gives it away so we carry that with us into bed. Society has made it something that feels so dirty and shameful for us and then on the other hand the media is promoting that everyone is doing now and you should too. We cant really win. Just for a little side note did you know that in my psych class I learned that its common for women to fantasize about being raped because it takes to stigma off of it if we're not consenting.
 G.G.
Msg: 22 (view)

attacking sensible gun owners
Posted: 12/1/2006 5:45:24 PM
Hey Army Guy, I'm not against owning a fire arm but its not something I think just anybody should be able to pass a test and get. Every gun owner should have a anual psych eval. People with emotional problems should not be allowed to own a gun period. There are other ways to protect themselves and a gun should always be the last line of defense. If I ever had to take someones life to protect the people I love I might as well die with him because I dont want to know I have that in me. That I'm capable of killing.
-Gina
 G.G.
Msg: 18 (view)

lets hear it for intelligent women
Posted: 11/16/2006 4:16:51 PM
Wow I think people assumed that I was talking about me lol. I was just talking in general. I'm not the kind of girl who sits around waiting for a hero but I have known girls who do need one. When people are beaten down over and over again they forget how to get back up. Thats what I meant. And I dont mean they need a guy to save them, they need a good friend or two.
-Gina
 G.G.
Msg: 15 (view)

lets hear it for intelligent women
Posted: 11/16/2006 12:31:55 PM
That is a wonderful image that I would love to live up to, but what happens when life beats up those smart girls? What happens to the girls who were brought up in abusive homes and beleive they arent worth anything because thats been ground into them their whole life? Those girls arent stupid girls they are just girls who need a hero.
-Gina
 G.G.
Msg: 65 (view)

how many emails do you girls get?
Posted: 11/3/2006 10:26:03 PM
Hey I dont consider myself very high up there on the hottie scale but I if I dont check my email everyday I'm in trouble because it piles up. I dont know why but I think my profile might have something to do with it (wishful thinking I know). lol.
 G.G.
Msg: 26 (view)

Are Profiles an Exercise in Self-Deception?
Posted: 10/30/2006 10:39:32 PM
Hey now my profile doesnt say anything that will blow my own horn. I dont say I'm sweet or charming and infact I do say that the first date is not an audition so leave your act for the stage lol. People who try and find an attractive way to label themselves in their profile are out to sell a product and I'm not looking for someone on the market because who knows who else has pulled him off the shelf and handled him lol
-Gina
 G.G.
Msg: 47 (view)

California men: Fact or myth?
Posted: 10/30/2006 10:35:54 PM
definatly a myth. The thing that always gets me is that expecially in southern cali we have tourists and people who move here from other parts of the country to make it in hollywood lol. I think because of that california attracks a certain type of person from all over the country but you cant really label them all the same anyway. People with the same goals can go about things very differently.
-Gina
 G.G.
Msg: 20 (view)

California women: fact or myth?
Posted: 10/30/2006 10:31:31 PM
Okay no no no no! Trust me you can find those girls anywhere. If you keep running into these types of girls then you need to ask yourself why and are you just scratching the surface of these girls and then labeling them unfairly. I can be shy around a large group of people I dont know and people use to tell me they thought I was a snob until I opened up and started talking. How much of a chance have you been giveing these girls? People have more than a few layers you have to get past before they let you underneath.
-Gina
 G.G.
Msg: 75 (view)

Why so hostile in SoCal
Posted: 10/25/2006 4:56:40 PM
I make it a rule not to boy bash but I am very careful with my heart because I must have an "I date jerks" logo plastered to my forehead.lol. Anyway girls can be just as much of a creep as boys can so dont give up. There are some nice ones out there if you're willing to fish.
-Gina
 G.G.
Msg: 4 (view)

Now is this the right attitude
Posted: 10/24/2006 5:11:59 PM
wow the fact that someone took the time to go out of their way and say something hateful just goes to show they have nothing better to do than make enemies and no friends to chat with lol
 G.G.
Msg: 14 (view)

Why do people say below the belt things when breaking up.
Posted: 10/24/2006 5:03:56 PM
I think it is easier for people to be mad than to be hurt. I also think when breaking up if you try and be nice about it the person thinks your not serious. I was breaking up with a guy when I was a lot younger because he was a lot older and he got down on his knees and begged me not to. I should have been mean lol.

Show ALL Forums