Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Profile review and insight would be great.
 opticalnoise
Msg: 3 (view)

Profile review and insight would be great.
Posted: 5/20/2012 4:51:31 AM
I agree on the more photos point, and also the text is a bit long in the description. At the very least I would say break it up into smaller paragraphs.
 opticalnoise

Profile etiquette
Posted: 11/3/2010 11:32:55 PM
I agree with the above, if something about a profile bothers you, in this case, plagiarism, just report it. Beyond that, unless your profile is copyrighted, you don't have much other recourse.
 opticalnoise
Msg: 2 (view)

Profile Advice Welcomed
Posted: 11/3/2010 11:30:40 PM
2 points from me:

1 - Did you notice that in every single one of your pictures, you are wearing a hat? If you're bald or balding (as I am) you should be honest about it. If you aren't balding, then lets see your hair in at least one of your pictures...

2 - You use too many smiley face icons in your 'about me' section.
 opticalnoise

What do you think??
Posted: 11/3/2010 5:40:36 AM
Pictures are a no-go. They are all self shot with a phone camera, and they are blurry. Get someone else to take photos of you with a real camera, in natural outdoor light, or do them yourself with a timer. Either way, you need new pictures.

The rest of your profile is too short and plain, it doesn't say anything specific or clear about you, especially your interests section which might as well be blank. Fill this stuff in with more details about you and what you want.
 opticalnoise

Profile Review, good mixture?
Posted: 11/3/2010 5:36:55 AM
A couple things..

First too many lower case 'i's and 'u' instead of 'you'. This just shows laziness, and sadly, can make you seem uneducated or at the very least, careless. Fix those.

Second, you said, "Well also I'm 5'8" i have this thing for really tall guys like 6'2" or taller" - This is going to scare away every single regular man. I am 6 feet and if I saw this, I would keep on clicking away from your profile to someone who wasn't so judgmental about height.
 opticalnoise

Newly Single- Want to start right...
Posted: 11/21/2009 6:53:18 AM
I've actually never heard of a no sunglasses rule, but if there is one, I imagine that what you said is correct - just don't wear them in every single picture.

Your pictures are clear enough and give a good representation of what you look like, so no problems there.

I would suggest you add more interests, and don't put in empty ones like 'FUN', they don't really mean anything. More specific is better.

The amount of text in your profile is fine, but it doesn't say anything very clear. I have a hard time imagining what your personality is like, unless your personality is very plain and not unique.... You should spice this up with more personality. Don't try to be too formal or use too many metaphors.
 opticalnoise
Msg: 817 (view)

Joke of the day !!
Posted: 7/27/2009 12:30:12 PM
An Italian, an Irishman and a Chinese fellow are hired at a construction site. The foreman points out a huge pile of sand and says to the Italian guy, “You’re in charge of sweeping,” to the Irishman, “You’re in charge of shoveling, and to the Chinese guy, “And you’re in charge of supplies. “Now, I have to leave for a little while. I expect you guys to make a dent in that pile.”

So the foreman goes away for a couple hours, and when he returns, the pile of sand is untouched. He says to the Italian, “Why didn’t you sweep any of it?” The Italian replies, “I didn’t have a broom. You said the Chinese guy was in charge of supplies, but he disappeared and I couldn’t find him.”

So then the foreman turn to the Irishman and asks why he didn’t shovel. The Irishman replies, “I couldn’t get myself a shovel. You left the Chinese guy in charge of supplies, but I couldn’t find him.”

The foreman is really ticked off now, and storms off toward the pile of sand looking for the Chinese guy. Just then, the Chinese guy springs out from a closet and yells: “SUPPLIES!”

(On a side note, like many jokes this joke has several versions floating around. Most commonly the difference is what the workers are doing, i.e. setting up a brick wall, pile of sand, digging a hole, etc. And of course, the ethnicities of the workers changes at random, but the rule of thumb is that the first two workers are European, and the third worker is either Japanese or Chinese. Lastly, where the third worker jumps out from changes frequently.)
 opticalnoise

Opticalnoise's profile review thread
Posted: 7/24/2009 10:54:11 AM
We got nuked. I have no idea what happened. I logged in a few days ago and it was gone. Apparently somebody didn't like it and toasted it.

I'm pretty disappointed about it. That was like 2 years of my best work gone in a flash, and not a word of explanation.
 opticalnoise
Msg: 6 (view)

Profile Review ..Please Help and see if I have any problems!!
Posted: 7/10/2009 12:51:08 PM
Title: "Don't live a little, live a lotto! " - Boring and confusing. Fix it.

Pictures: Too many other people! Learn how to crop pictures. MS Paint can do it, Xee for mac can do it. Figure it out. This should be child's play for graphic designer.

Profession: "graphic designer - looking " = ??????

Interests:
Delete "hanging out"
Then add 3 more

About Me:
"My hope is to find an entry level job and work my way up to some form of Art Director." - This isn't a resume. Leave your objective sentence on that. This is a profile for DATING.

"I have a tivo which is really nice. You can find so many interesting things on tv that you never thought before by using one, but its also nice to just record and forget it while you go on with the rest of your life." - Yes.... lets talk about why Tivo is great for 20% of your profiles content. Fantastic idea.

"(I'm great on my George Forman..lol)" - No 'lol'

"I'm sweet, fun and loving." - Weird. You went the entire time without complimenting yourself, but I guess you wanted to go out with a bang, huh.

Overall: Too short. Doesn't say anything about what you want, reads like a job resume, profession line is suspicious, title is pointless, pictures need cropping or replacing. This is a "Meh" profile.

Score: 5.5/10
 opticalnoise
Msg: 8 (view)

Please critique my profile
Posted: 6/30/2009 12:12:36 PM
It's all about pressure. The way you have it written now basically says that you expect the man to come up with something completely original and mind blowing, and all you are going to do is kick back and relax and let the man handle the details.

Here is how I would write what you are angling at:

"I'm not too interested in just a basic dinner or coffee date, so lets think of something fun to do together"

This doesn't pressure any one person, and makes you seem more open and fun. The wording doesn't need to be exact, I'm sure you can get where I am going at with this.
 opticalnoise

Profile review help
Posted: 6/30/2009 11:36:35 AM
You have basically no interests listed, all of your pictures are self shot with a cell phone or webcam, your primary picture is a picture of two people, and your profile is completely lower case and less than 3 sentences long.

I think that should be a pretty clear indicator that there is a problem.
 opticalnoise

Effectiveness of my profile?
Posted: 6/30/2009 11:34:04 AM
I don't know what "it's to dying in anothers arms " is supposed to mean.

Don't put song lyrics that take up the entire screen. That's just cheesy.

And you used way too many smiley faces.

Fix that and you'll be in better standing.
 opticalnoise

I am up for review /
Posted: 6/30/2009 11:30:24 AM
I can only see one serious problem.

Don't add pictures of your/other people's children. This is a dating site. Remember that.

Other than that, your profile seems honest, clear, and fairly concise. I don't think it should be causing you any problems by itself.
 opticalnoise
Msg: 4 (view)

Please critique my profile
Posted: 6/30/2009 11:28:02 AM
I can see a number of problems here.

All of your pictures are unclear. This is probably because they were taken with a very high resolution expensive camera and they weren't pre-shrunk before you put them on your profile. Try to fix this.

And more important than that - No pictures of babies/children!!!

Lastly, for your ideal date section, you wrote "Surprise me with something exciting, fun, or unique." All this does is tell the man, "I'm finicky, jaded, and hard to please. Take me sky diving or buzz off." Is that really the message you want to send?
 opticalnoise

a poor profile??
Posted: 6/30/2009 11:24:51 AM
I can see a few problems here.

For one, why is everything lower case? You need to show that you want to make a serious effort in this, and that you are taking this online dating process seriously. Fix that, then double the length of your about me section. Once that is fixed you'll be in better shape.
 opticalnoise

Could I do anything different
Posted: 6/30/2009 11:21:47 AM
This isn't too bad, but here are my suggestions:

All of your pictures seem to be self shot. If possible, see if you can add one or two pictures that were taken by other people (of you). This isn't critical.

You have a good amount of interests listed, and all your profile data seems in order.

I noticed a lot of grammar inconsistencies and one sentence paragraphs in the about me section however. I think this could stand to be cleaned up. At the very least, correct the letters that need to be upper case at the start of the sentences, upper case your 'I's, and so on.

Again, this is fairly decent. Good job.
 opticalnoise

Guys, I just started dating, need advice!
Posted: 6/29/2009 10:38:00 PM
You did get a somewhat abrupt response, but a valid one. I believe the rule she is referring to is no redundant subjects. I imagine your question has been asked numerous times (and I believe it has in the over 45 forum) and discussed in depth already. You might want to take a look around and see what answers you can find. If you have a very specific question though, feel free to make a new posting.

And lastly, don't start off your relationship with us by calling people rude - people on the internet tend to overreact very easily and that can start fights.

Here are a few links to get you started:

Over 45 forum - http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingForum162.aspx

Example of a specific question in the over 45 forum - http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts12199521.aspx

Good luck
 opticalnoise
Msg: 1 (view)

Europe and Asia forum suggestion
Posted: 6/29/2009 8:39:58 AM
(I ran a search before suggesting this and came up empty)

Hi Team

I know we have a million forums already, but could we add on to the regional forums section by creating one 'asia' forum and one 'europe' forum? I don't mean one for every country, but just two forums, one for each region.

I hope you like my suggestion, and if not, no worries!
 opticalnoise
Msg: 8 (view)

Puzzled...
Posted: 6/28/2009 11:19:12 AM
Maybe he just wants to be friends with you.

I've had girls I met online with the intent on dating turn out to be long term online friends. If you want to date him or actually meet him, quick being lazy and ask him yourself. The notion that the man must ask the woman out ended many years ago.
 opticalnoise

Me me me!
Posted: 6/28/2009 7:31:24 AM
I'm going to keep this short.

You need a photo, preferably at least 3-5, and you need to list more interests.

Fix that first, then we can go into more depth.
 opticalnoise

Need some opinions
Posted: 1/28/2009 5:11:12 AM
This is actually a decent profile. Lots of good descriptions, hobbies, interests, and so on. My only suggestion would be to get some clearer pictures, and use a different photo for your primary. Something a bit more natural.

Good luck
 opticalnoise
Msg: 55 (view)

She's too pretty for me
Posted: 1/28/2009 5:07:36 AM
Well guys, this thread is going to hit it's 5th birthday soon, so I hope you won't go too crazy posting lengthy responses. But anyway, I'm sure you comments can be helpful to other people who have similar issues.
 opticalnoise

SUV drivers & dating
Posted: 1/28/2009 5:06:38 AM
This is very interesting. I posted this thread 4 years ago, and only this year do I get a single response... very very interesting!

Anyway, since I have a bit more perspective on this, I think I still feel pretty much the same way. Anyone who is willing to be so ignorant and self-righteous enough to buy an SUV isn't worth my time. But again, people living in the arctic tundra and have 50 kids are excluded from that statement.

And people who drive SUV's just to feel tough... you need counseling, not an over-sized death machine. Or why don't you just buy a gun? That works just as well.
 opticalnoise

Sexual Desires, Needs, Curiosities, Mannors of Actions & the Communicative Rationality Balance M/F
Posted: 5/11/2008 5:58:48 AM
I'm going to *try* and translate this. I think he said,

"How can I talk about my bizarre sexual fetishes with my girlfriend and not have her freak out?"
 opticalnoise
Msg: 11 (view)

making out with other girls....
Posted: 1/19/2008 6:20:03 AM
Congratulations, you're a lesbian.

Were you expecting some kind of trophy or other reward?
 opticalnoise

Purpose of desonide cream?
Posted: 1/17/2008 6:25:13 AM
I know we have some very knowledgeable people on these forums so I thought I'd give this a try first.

I developed a nasty red bump on one of my eyelids about a month ago. It doesn't hurt or really affect me, but it's really unsightly. It didn't go away on it's own, so I went to see a doctor. As I am living in China, I didn't really understand a lot of what the doctor said, but he gave me a bottle of "Desonide cream" and told me to apply it twice a day.

My research told me that Desonide is an Rx only medicine used for "corticosteroid responsive dermatoses". He told me what I had was fairly normal and not difficult to treat, but I am just really curious what on earth "corticosteroid responsive dermatoses" is. I don't have any recurring skin disorders.
 opticalnoise
Msg: 14 (view)

Future IT guy asking advice
Posted: 1/9/2008 1:54:08 PM
rsx you completely missed my point.

I'm not trying to say that college is the best and/or only way to learn computer skills. I'm saying that a vast and growing number of employers world wide (especially in Europe and Asia) will not even allow you in the door unless you have that piece of paper called a degree.

So even if I am the most awesome greatest code-slamming hacker on the planet, it's not going to put food on my table unless I can prove it with a degree. Sad, but largely true.

To summarize my points:
#1. It is possible to get a job without a degree
#2. It is becoming more and more difficult to find work without a degree if you don't already have 20+ years experience

Clear now?
 opticalnoise
Msg: 12 (view)

Posted: 1/9/2008 10:29:42 AM
I think unless you already have your foot in the door, which was absolutely not the original posters case, you need to have a degree to do anything besides tech support. Ever wanted to know why the IT industry has so many foreign workers? Because they all have degrees. During my time at Microsoft I overheard some HR people talking about the subject, saying that they are hiring foreigners almost exclusively just because they can't find enough locals/citizens who have the right qualifications for the job.
 opticalnoise
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 1/8/2008 3:26:31 PM
Speaking from the perspective of someone who does *not* have a university degree, I cannot overstress their importance. Even if you have every cert in the world, your chances of getting out of the low level grunt jobs (in some countries you can't get a job at all, even as a low paid grunt without a degree) is nearly impossible. It's not completely impossible, but it's not a bet I would make.

Even if you can just get an associates, or an online degree from a real, actual brick and mortar school this would put you far ahead of if all you have is certs.

Unless you want every aspect of your worklife to begin with "Thank you for calling tech support, please feel free to verbally abuse and attack me" you need to get that education.

I hate not having a degree.
 opticalnoise
Msg: 5 (view)

What do Canadians think about American TV shows filmed in Canada?
Posted: 1/7/2008 8:20:25 PM
Wow I guess you guys don't understand the cough...

It's a joking way to 'hide' things in your speech. In the case of how I used it before, I was saying that "New York" is really Toronto, and by using the coughing device, it implies that "Toronto" is a hidden subtext that I'm not saying directly.

I'm pretty surprised you guys didn't pick up on that. The comment about the air quality thing was pretty funny though.
 opticalnoise

What do Canadians think about American TV shows filmed in Canada?
Posted: 1/7/2008 3:43:21 PM

I assume your coughing is an oblique reference to the air quality in the places you mention. As for BC, it can't be related to smog, so it must be that you have pollen sensitivity (again, Sorry!).
Ha ha haaa!!! That was really great.

Anyway - One TV show in particular that made me think of this was a recently canceled show called "The Dead Zone". In one episode they were in a shopping mall where you can see a "future shop" store. We haven't had future shops in America since the 90's, and this show was run from 2002-mid2007.

According to wikipedia:

Future Shop is a chain of stores operated as a division of Burnaby-based Best Buy Canada Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Best Buy Corporation. ... Up until the summer of 1999, Future Shop had locations in the Western United States with a regional office and distribution center in Kent, Washington. Underperforming sales caused the stores to closed down during 1999, with most locations being sold to Best Buy.

It's always the little things that make it a dead giveaway. And as mentioned before, license places are often another big clue.... That and a lot of character interactions that just seem way out of place. For example, people being way too nice or politically correct - this is an immediate tip off.
 opticalnoise
Msg: 9 (view)

The Future of os
Posted: 1/6/2008 10:18:39 AM
Let me tell you why Macs are "too expensive"

"Mac" is not just software like Windows or Linux, it's an entire eco system that you have to buy into. You have to buy an Apple computer to run OS X.

If I want to run windows or linux, I can go down to a computer store, buy a bunch of parts and a case and an hour later I have a working machine that can run linux or windows out of the box without any OS hacking.

Once Apple allows OS X to run on any standard clone PC hardware (without hacking, so that anybody can do it), that's when the game will really start to change for them. Then again the advantage to the ecosystem setup is that the OS designer has essentially full control over what hardware is has to deal with which keeps driver overhead low and reduces hardware related system failures.
 opticalnoise

excuse me but your ear is blinking!
Posted: 1/6/2008 9:00:30 AM
Bluetooth headsets are not just for techies and corporate goons, as a former over-the-phone tech support person for a cell phone carrier, I would often get phone calls that would start like this:

"I gots a new Boo-TOOF how da I huk it upp?"

What made this situation worse is that there is no such thing as "a bluetooth", because bluetooth is only a wireless transmission protocol and could apply to a phone to pc wireless connection, phone to car stereo connection, a bluetooth gps receiver, bluetooth stereo headphones, etc.

Me: "That shouldn't be a problem, what kind of device do you have?"
Them: "I Say-UD I gots a new Boo... TOOF!"
 opticalnoise

What do Canadians think about "American" TV shows filmed in Canada?
Posted: 1/5/2008 11:34:59 AM
"Yeah, I'm a New Yorker, eh. So what aboot it?"

Just wonder what you folks from Canada think when you see an "American" TV show that takes place in "New York" *cough*Toronto*cough* or "California" *cough*British Columbia*cough*. Do you feel Sore-y for us Americans that most of us don't know that most of our TV shows are actually all shot in Canada.

I grew up watching a show on Nickelodeon, a children's TV network, called Are you Afraid Of the Dark - and all of the characters said 'sore-y' not 'sah-ry', and I remember asking my mother, "Why do they talk so funny?".
 opticalnoise

excuse me but your ear is blinking!
Posted: 1/5/2008 11:28:22 AM

Are you that important that you can't pump your gas or pick up your lunch without being connected??

Last time I checked using a cell phone while pumping gas was illegal and quite dangerous.

I think most people look pretty silly wearing them - especially on all those episodes from Prison Break when the 'bad guys' were constantly using big ugly Motorola H500/H800 headsets.
 opticalnoise
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 1/5/2008 3:44:56 AM
Here is some hard advice for you.

For your sake I hope that "but the program is very accelerated" doesn't equal = Devry, ITT, etc, if it does - quit right now and get your ass into a real school. I don't care how hard it is, it is completely worth it.

Network security is where the real serious cash is right now

Learn database programming, AS400, MySQL, etc. Lots of jobs today require this.

Get your A+ and Network+ certs, they aren't that incredibly difficult and not very expensive. Most entry level jobs require A+ as a matter of course. They will also help you get an MCSE later if you decide to go that route.

Cisco certs are worth some serious bank. Remember that.

Learn how to do simple linux/unix server administration - don't focus on Windows only. Don't try to kill yourself memorizing command lines, just get a feel for it so you can put it on a resume.

Even while you are in school, always look at job postings for the kind of work you want to do so that when you graduate you know what you will need.
 opticalnoise

The Future of os
Posted: 1/5/2008 3:34:22 AM
I don't think windows will be dead in 2 or 3 years, that's just simply impossible. Even if Mac/Linux offers an operating system that is half the cost, 3x as versatile, and 2x as easy to use, people will still choose windows for the familiarity and the brand name. Sad but true. In time you will see the market share of each OS continue to change. OS X and linux will continue to gain ground, but they will never completely replace windows. I imagine by 2010 that the market will be 20% Mac, 20% linux, and 60% Windows.
 opticalnoise

Computer Screen Whiteout Issue
Posted: 1/5/2008 3:27:03 AM
If it's a laptop, then it's most likely a faulty motherboard, specifically the video component of the motherboard. Screens turning a solid color and locking up the system is almost never a software problem.

If it's a desktop, then it could be either a loose cable/bad cable (not very likely) or the signs of a failing video card. If this is a warrantied system you need to bring it in to a service provider ASAP. This will only get worse.
 opticalnoise
Msg: 9 (view)

Crazy Chinese laws
Posted: 1/4/2008 8:01:41 AM
I learned this from talking to a native the other day.

Apparently many (Maybe all, wasn't clear on this) high school students are absolutely forbidden from having a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. I asked, well, how would they know if you had a relationship? And my native friend replied that if they notice your test scores dropping that they will basically start spying on you. This ban stops when you get into college, but the school still sets up numerous 'traps' to stop you for having liaisons with the opposite sex. Specifically, all dorm rooms have a curfew, typically anywhere from 9-11pm, most dormitories are male or female only, and the "watchers" as they call them will come into your room at night and make sure you are actually there in your bed. If they can't find you, then they will call your parents (and yes, even in your 20's your parents are still in control of you. The societal view is that you are a child until you are married) and if you are out maybe just 2 or 3 times and miss the check you will be kicked out of school.

Secondly, many universities do not allow their students (locals only, not exchange students) to be married while enrolled in school. So if you are in school and get married you will be kicked out of school.

All university students are required to partake in pseudo military training, complete with military uniforms, workouts and marching drills, and hand to hand combat training. Boys and girls, no exceptions. I believe the training period is 1 month.

It is apparently legal (or at least completely unenforced otherwise) to drive your car on the sidewalk. It's not common, but I have had to get off the sidewalk and onto the street to avoid being hit by a car.
 opticalnoise

Reliable bulk email service..
Posted: 1/2/2008 12:14:31 AM
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and sounds like a duck... then it's probably... umm

Why don't you use your name sakes invention and save us the trouble of you hassling us for help spamming people who "opted-in". Your business needs help? Fine, do it in a legitimate way.
 opticalnoise

The Problem With Thongs
Posted: 12/6/2007 5:45:47 AM
You are absolutely right redsoxboy - you most definitely do not speak for every man.
 opticalnoise

I must be missing something in profile
Posted: 11/25/2007 8:46:10 AM
This person has requested profile reviews in 3 other threads.
 opticalnoise

Caught her in a lie, she won't admit it
Posted: 11/25/2007 8:44:15 AM
I caught my girlfriend in a lie. The lie itself doesn't matter, but I would like to note that it is something that is completely inconsequential and totally minuscule.

I asked her, why did you do this? [the lie] She said, oh I didn't do that. I showed her the proof I had that completely showed that she lied, and she still refused to admit it. I said to her very directly, "I know that you are lying. I'm not mad about what happened, but I want you to at least admit to me that you did it." She kept right on lying to me.

If there is one thing that I won't tolerate in a relationship, it's lies.

She tried to turn the conversation around in a way to blame me but honestly this mind trick doesn't work on me and I told her very directly - I am not going to be dating a liar. Admit to me what you did so we can move on. She still wouldn't admit it. I finally said, tell me the truth or I'm breaking up with you. She still wouldn't tell me the truth.

Again, I have indisputable evidence that she is lying to me, and the thing she lied about is really totally non important. So I have a few questions:

1. Why would she fight so hard to protect a lie that I have already proven to be false?
2. Why would she risk sacrificing our relationship over something so small?
3. Did she refuse to admit her lie out of personal pride or of fear of being "wrong"?

At this point I am officially "broken up" with her over this. If my understanding of her is correct, she will contact me in about 2-3 days and pretend like nothing happened and that we are still together. I need some ammo to stop this nonsense, can you guys and/or gals help me out?
 opticalnoise

Toilets...
Posted: 11/23/2007 11:46:14 AM
I've been living here for 3 months now as of last Wednesday, and I'd like to clear up a few things. Firstly yes, the person who put up message 17 was most likely joking or ghastly ill-informed as that is of course absolute nonsense.

As for bathrooms in dormitories, there isn't going to just be a 'hole in the floor'. While yes, squat style toilets are an absolute reality in a lot of places in the world and not limited to Asia, my dormitory has a normal toilet. Squat toilets still have plumbing and can be flushed.

Overall I haven't experienced any unusual laws or regulations here. If anything, it's the absence of laws that surprises me the most, for example, it is apparently legal to drive your car completely on the sidewalk at any speed at the you want. Or at least, it's 'legal' by the absence of any enforcement. Near my school is a street that contains no less than 7 brothels, and also has a police station. Yes, prostitution is illegal, but apparently these "barber shops" have no problem operating.

Honestly I don't understand any of this. It's not my country or my culture, so I can't make any opinions on how they choose to run things. Overall though, it's really not so backwards and/or different from many other places in the world.
 opticalnoise

Drug prices
Posted: 11/21/2007 8:26:06 AM
I'm a little bit mad right now.

My doctor in America prescribed me to take a medicine called Advair (also called Seretide in other parts of the world). This medicine's non-insured price (read: actual price for normal people) is $300 USD per 1 month supply.

I just moved to China, and here my medicine costs about $32 for a one month supply. Exact same manufacturer, chemical components, dosing, etc. The only difference is they use the Seretide label here.

Is there any legitimate reason why the price is 10x higher in America, or is it absolute price gouging?
 opticalnoise

Kitsap County, Washington-Whats Happening People!
Posted: 11/21/2007 8:19:51 AM
My favorite episodes of COPS are the ones that take place in Kitsap county.
 opticalnoise

Tori Amos at Paramount 5th of December
Posted: 11/21/2007 8:18:55 AM
Is this the real tori amos or is it that guy in the red wig and blue housecoat?
 opticalnoise

Pretty Good Profile? - All Feedback Appreciated
Posted: 11/21/2007 8:15:08 AM
svj nailed it. Right on my friend!

This is some very good advice. Try to be unique and not self-complimentary.
 opticalnoise

The Problem With Thongs
Posted: 11/13/2007 11:43:28 PM
The preceding comments to do not reflect the views or opinions of this gender.
 opticalnoise

Is the meaning the same for you fella's
Posted: 11/13/2007 9:43:33 PM
'Chic' is a French word for 'fashionable', 'chick' is a slang word for a female - That's what those words mean to me.

Show ALL Forums