Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Iran the new Iraq - lets get 'em
 Tarvold
Msg: 152 (view)

Iran the new Iraq - lets get 'em
Posted: 3/12/2010 1:15:29 AM
^^

Way to sweep the deaths of thousands under the proverbial rug, guy with disturbingly creepy profile picture.
 Tarvold
Msg: 125 (view)

Posted: 3/9/2010 2:34:31 PM

If I didn't refer to it then why would I refer to it now?

Because it proves that replying to huge amounts of stupidity within one post.. nay, one sentence... is not at all a matter of physical limitations.
 Tarvold
Msg: 119 (view)

Posted: 3/9/2010 4:21:36 AM

Nah it's definitely a physical constraint.

Refer to msg 73.
 tarvold
Msg: 64 (view)

Posted: 2/28/2010 3:47:26 PM
@ internetdatinglol... your profile seem to paint a picture of a smart man, so I'm going to use a smart man's method of communicating this to you...

You're wrong.
 Tarvold
Msg: 12 (view)

Posted: 2/17/2010 5:04:33 AM
^^ Yes... because modern weapons can always be entrusted in the hands of the Americans and the Israelis.

The point is, Iran wants to build power plants. To build nuclear power plants, they need uranium rods. Now, the international community won't allow them to make their own rods AND won't sell them any either.

As far as I can tell, they're perfectly justified to make a fuss about solving their energy crisis. It's not like they're forcefully invading a foreign nation under some BS pretence for their energy reserves or anything...
 Tarvold
Msg: 30 (view)

Reverse Evolution
Posted: 2/12/2010 3:20:53 PM
^ Some guy already tried this. Didn't get a very warm welcome. He wrote a book too. Mein Kampf, I believe.
 Tarvold
Msg: 14 (view)

Beauty tips for men
Posted: 2/9/2010 5:21:18 AM
Apparently, it's because we're now comfortable in our skin.... or something...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmK7DKTGJpo
 Tarvold
Msg: 22 (view)

Reverse Evolution
Posted: 2/9/2010 5:15:33 AM

My question is;
Is the population getting dumber given that the weak and stupidest of our species are not only allowed to survive, but thrive, and hold back the rest of us?

See... the problem with that question is that you are assuming that you aren't one of those "holding back the rest of us" ...

Anyways... Short answer:

Are we evolving fatter? Yes.
Are we evolving dumber? No.
Are we creating an environment that attracts and encourages dumber behavior, and repels smarter ones? Yes.

Trying to avoid another one of my usual rants on the fallacies of the Aussie government here... but here goes...

Say, fatness... for starters... Over the years of war and famine and disease and natural disasters, there has been a natural mechanism in place to encourage the survival of the fattest in our species. It works like this: the easier it is for someone to get fat and the more fat he/she is able to store, then the longer he/she can survive through harsh times while all the skinny people die off. So, while this is completely an act of nature, I'm sure most of us can agree that it's not necessarily a good thing...

But the same natural selection doesn't apply to intelligence. In theory, the smarter, more successful people should be able to make more money, and be better equipped to ensure the continuation of their genetic survival. The problem is that, Australia, in all her struggles to date, have developed a culture that is overly sympathetic to the less fortunate.

Now, let me justify that comment a little further. Being sympathetic to the less fortunate is not a bad thing, and I'm all for helping others in need. However, when I say that Australia is "overly sympathetic", I am referring to our tendency (as a culture) to be sensitive to others' distress to the point where we forget to manage our own needs and growth. E.g. the degradation of University degree standards to accommodate the crying parents who felt made a fuss when they were told that their kids didn't make the cut.
So what does this all mean? Well, we’re now a culture that, correctly or not, has a deeply ingrained stereotype of the poor being hard working, heart of gold battlers in bad fortune, and the rich being all lucky **stards who stabbed many backs to get their Fairmont Ghia. We have a tax system that seriously favors mediocrity. Our schools are designed to avoid having to tell parents that they have unintelligent children at all costs. Etcetera. Etcetera.

If you can imagine yourself being that lucky rich **stard for a moment, you’ll realize that those “fortunate” ones really have only one of two choices:

1.) Realize the opportunity you have overseas, with the lower tax and appreciation for high achievement… and jump on the brain drain bandwagon
2.) Meh… why work so hard to buy that town house that’s still next to the commission flat anyway?... lets just take it easy and chill…

… and that is why we’re getting fatter and dumber on average…
 Tarvold
Msg: 4 (view)

To Flash or Not
Posted: 1/27/2010 8:14:29 PM
Flash. Always.

It's almost unAustralian not to.
 Tarvold
Msg: 9 (view)

what sort of car to buy
Posted: 1/10/2010 4:41:28 PM
Not all Japanese cars sub $10k fit your requirements. In particular, I'd recommend you to stay away from Suzuki, Nissan and Honda. Suzuki and Nissan because they're generally not as reliable as Toyotas and Subarus, and Honda because it's a Japanese car that charges European car prices for parts and servicing.

But anyway... why limit yourself to Japanese cars. Mercedes manufactured before '91 have a reputation of being insanely well made and over engineered. Parts and servicing might be a bit more expensive, but you'll also be getting a much cooler ride...
 Tarvold
Msg: 30 (view)

Offensive or overly sensitive?
Posted: 1/8/2010 4:13:13 PM
Hi. I'm Tarvold. I'm a KFC addict.

The way I see it, KFC's chicken aren't any more cruely treated than the chicken and eggs I buy from the supermarket anyway. On top of that, whatever cruelty it endured will pale in comparison to any of my hack attempts to kill my own food anyway... and it's not like I'm going to give up chicken...

mmmmmm.... greasy fried chicken....

Oh... as for the ad... Here's an interesting link... Seems like there was news reporting of an uproar in the USA, before there was news of an uproar in the USA....

http://news.google.com.au/news/more?um=1&cf=all&ned=au&cf=all&ncl=dYu9zTa7Qud8GLM1qazW_D4tW4g6M
 Tarvold
Msg: 102 (view)

EVERYTHINGS climate change now days..????
Posted: 12/11/2009 3:55:54 PM
^^ I think the only point you've made there is the demonstration of your innate talent at taking snipplets of information out of context.
 Tarvold
Msg: 96 (view)

Posted: 12/10/2009 3:26:00 PM
Hawaiianluau, sir, even the best are sometimes wrong. You can hang on to whatever niche scientific reports you like, but perhaps you should also evaluate the situation with a bit of common sense as well.

Just take a look around you. Today, we are living in a world where the air quality in some of the bigger cities are more toxic than the stuff coming out of the exhaust of supercars, a world where being out in the sun too long in the parts of the world with no ozone will give you cancer, and a world where entire coastlines in asia and the pacific rim are covered in junk that people in Europe and America have dumped into the ocean.

Whether the climate is actually changing or not, is almost irrelevant. The fact is that humans are making a mess of this planet, and any excuse to clean up is a good one.
 Tarvold
Msg: 85 (view)

Posted: 12/6/2009 6:15:35 AM

... what Naamah said...

I don't care if people talk, that deserves a
 Tarvold
Msg: 80 (view)

Posted: 12/5/2009 3:36:22 PM

its common sense unless you have been hiding under a rock for the last 10 years.

Well... he's been hiding under a Bush for the last 8...
 Tarvold
Msg: 77 (view)

Posted: 12/5/2009 7:58:32 AM

Why don't they want to allow anyone to view the data?

What? you're too lazy to google?

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=climate+change+scientific+proof
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opinion_on_climate_change#References
 Tarvold
Msg: 71 (view)

Posted: 12/4/2009 2:48:41 PM

Don't EVEN get me started.

*cracks knuckles* ... no.. Lets...

Do you eat fish? Even if you don't, then surely you know someone who eats fish. Some people even like eating fish. I know I do. Especially sushi.

Now, I know I'm one of the younger guys here so please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't fish one of the safest, most abundant sources of food not 30 years ago? It really wasn't that long ago when we didn't have to worry about mercury levels, or critical declines in fish stock (the animals, not the broth). And no, don't blame this one on that big volcano eruption you saw.

Ok... so if we run out of fish, no problem, you can eat birds and other critters. But what about medicine? Surely you must have at least some appreciation for modern day medications. Did you know that at least 70 percent of all new drugs introduced in the United States in the past 25 years come from nature? Even if you did, have you thought about how much forrest was chopped down to get you that piece of toilet paper you wipe your ass with every day? Your shit could be contributing to the death and suffering of millions, and I don't know about you, but it gives me a pretty compelling reason to buy recycled.

Oh, fcuk! I forgot. Recycling plants make money too. They might even charge GST!!!!!! *gasp* There's even a guy on the BRW Rich List who got there by making toilet paper!

The thing is, climate change, at it's very essence, is a symptom of the negative impact humans have on our planet. No matter whether you buy into this particular issue or not, there are sufficient problems out there now that warrants our attention. Call it whatever you want: greenie-ism, climate change, social responsibility or even just good parenting (gifting our next generation with an equal or better opportunity than we were given), just don't call it a fraud.

You know, the funniest thing about your comment that the "global warming fraud" might completely destroy our economy was that it was only a week ago that our economy was almost completely destroyed because ONE Emirate ran out of oil. Want to change your answer for solving climate change now?
 Tarvold
Msg: 235 (view)

How do you really feel about getting old?
Posted: 12/2/2009 2:26:58 PM
Happy Birthday Greyingred!!

My odometer also ticked over recently. Interestingly this time, my sense of mortality met with my vanity, and the outcome was the realization that this is perhaps the last chance I have in life to build up a 007 (Craig, not Brosnan)/wolverine/300 body.

Good thing it's summer!
 Tarvold
Msg: 169 (view)

Whats the Issue With Men in Australia ..
Posted: 12/2/2009 2:18:35 PM

The city is full of retards after midnight and before.. What do you expect, they are all**** with hard -ons hoping to get laid so they can brag to their mates..

Hey.... er... Men will run around with hard-ons trying to get laid irrespective of location and intelligence. That's not a generalization, it's a fact - it's just what we're programmed to do.
 tarvold
Msg: 59 (view)

Posted: 12/2/2009 5:01:06 AM
People!! You're all looking at it the wrong way!

Bottom line - It all boils down to these four options:

1.) Climate change is a ton of crap and we don't do anything about climate change - the whingers will feel like they've won a victory, and the rest of the world won't hear the end of it. Next time something bad happens, say an outbreak of Canine flu, we listen to the whingers again, and everybody dies of something else anyway.

2.) Climate change is a ton of crap and we had a go at solving climate change - More people get employed in the process and quality of life increases due to less smog and pollution. The gap between the first and second/third worlds will decrease, as we continually address the biggest gaps in the causes of pollution. Sure, there's a bit of work involved, and prices for things might go up in the short term, but in the long run, everybody wins.

3.) Climate change is real and we had a go at solving climate change - See #2

4.) Climate change is real and we don't do anything about climate change - We die. Civilization as we know it comes to an end.

... so... can we move on to the bit where we talk about solutions? ;)
 Tarvold
Msg: 29 (view)

Friendship, hang out, activity partner, its all the same.....
Posted: 11/30/2009 1:28:39 PM
a man who is genuinely interested in you and have no other options, will wait awhile

There... fixed it for you.
 Tarvold
Msg: 78 (view)

What is the best Australian book you have read?
Posted: 11/10/2009 5:42:51 AM
1.) James Halliday Wine Companion
2.) The Age Good Food Guide
3.) The Age Cheap Eats
 Tarvold

Sophistication or simplicity ?
Posted: 10/29/2009 5:58:09 AM
Sophistication and simplicity together becomes elegance.
 tarvold
Msg: 7 (view)

Ratio of men to women with degrees on POF 5:1 !!
Posted: 10/27/2009 4:35:05 PM

maybe all people with degrees should wear badges...

Yay! for intelligentsia segregation!
 Tarvold

Convenient Money Making Rorts - The Customer Pays !!!
Posted: 10/23/2009 6:23:11 AM
Two words....

Speed. Cameras.

Saving lives my arse - the death toll in NT actually increased after they took away the unlimited highway limits (amongst many other studies, local and international, that disprove the nonsense that speed kills).
 Tarvold
Msg: 22 (view)

Is the government making people lazy?
Posted: 10/18/2009 7:31:34 AM

..."intelligentsia"...

Hey, mate... I'll let you in on a secret... All that economic history stuff that I riffed on about earlier was paraphrased from people much more intelligent than myself.

Here's one of them:
http://www.mbs.edu/go/episode/economic-history-of-australia

and all the goof offs were sent somewhere up country out of the publics eyes perhaps.... or to Afghanistan..

Well... no... but have you seen the commission housing we have around here? Down here in Vic, they occupy all the prime realestate - South Yarra, Richmond, Carlton... All of them have great city views and the ones in Williamstown is even right on the water. I hear that in Sydney, there's even government housing in Coffs Harbour with views of the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge...

I mean, I'm all for helping those in need and all, but don't you think this is a little over the top?

there are more people than jobs in most areas.... what do you suggest we do with the unemployed who try to live there...?... shuttle them around the country against their will?... retrain them for jobs some may never get,,to provide work for teachers...?

Let me reframe what you're saying there. Do you think it is fair for the tax payer to fund the lifestyle of those who choose to live where there are no jobs?

So, curious...what's the prediction then? How will it start, over what timeframe, etc?

You know what.. I actually don't know. In theory, we really should take inspiration from the middle east (UAE, Saudi Arabia) where the state took responsibility for drilling their reserves of oil and re-investing the profits and managing for wealth. You know, they do such a great job over there that every new born national in the UAE gets a house, land and $1million USD, AND they can do that with no income tax. In theory, there's no reason we can't achieve that here... we have land, minerals, uranium, diamonds, coal, agriculture, education, etc, all in abundance - they only have sand and oil.

But the problem is, we are actually very very far away from being able to do that. For one thing, our culture and government isn't setup to encourage our best and brightest to get into positions where they can help solve the really hard problems and make some tough decisions. Think about it - CEOs of the ASX 100 make at least 7 figures a year, our PM makes only $330k.

And what motivation does our politicians have for making real, sustainable and long term changes when their chief focus is on re-election every 3 years? Peter Costello tried looking at the longer term with the future fund, but even that didn't secure his career.

Now sure, I'm not offering any alternative solutions or what not, and I'm not sure I have a good prediction on what might happen... but all I know is that these kinds of things aren't things that can be solved by one person alone, no matter how intelligent they are... or aren't. But maybe if we talk enough about it, then we can build a little momentum, and maybe eventually some lazy (and perhaps, dateless) politician might stumble across this forum and steal our collective ideas.

So ultimately, it isn't that the Government is making people lazy. Rather, we are following a lazy government.
 Tarvold
Msg: 15 (view)

Got any good ideas for a theme party ?
Posted: 10/17/2009 11:04:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9La40WwO-lU&feature=player_embedded
 Tarvold

Got any good ideas for a theme party ?
Posted: 10/16/2009 6:32:56 AM
Stone age/cavemen...

Imagine how funny it'd be for a mob of stone age cavemen to linger around the barbie at a park somewhere...
 Tarvold
Msg: 225 (view)

Oral...is it a dealbreaker?
Posted: 10/15/2009 12:40:11 PM
http://www.emandlo.com/2009/10/sqweel-lovehoneys-new-oral-sex-simulator-delivers/

Now everyone can be Casanova...
 Tarvold
Msg: 17 (view)

Is the government making people lazy?
Posted: 10/15/2009 5:30:47 AM
I think it's interesting how a few people have chosen to quote world/French history to support their theories of why the Government may be paying "hush money" to keep the mob at bay.

That's not Australian history. Remember the Eureka Stockade?... that's right... Aussies tried to mob together against unreasonable upperclasses too... only to have ther bosses call up the military to fire upon it's own people.

But then again, that's also where our culture's value of mateship and a fair go for everyone comes from... and also the birth of the ALP, tall-poppy, and a deep "us vs them" mentality between the middle and the upper classes.

See, the economic reality of Australia up until the last decade has been one that's almost completely dependent on a couple of primary industries - mining, agriculture and wool. In essence, Australia was making a crap load of money, across a huge piece of land, with a tiny population.

So, natrually, security was a very big issue, and back then, it was very much a matter of strength in numbers... Anyway, you get the idea... More people were needed, a standard of living must be maintained, there was plenty of land, and plenty of money to go around, the government just shot a bunch of people, and everyone's feeling a bit of guilt... Hence our current level of welfare.

Anyways... that's the reason we have so much welfare... the reason for this post?... well... Namaah* has already said all the intelligent things about this topic anyway, so I'm just flaunting my random bits of knowledge, trying to look intelligent....

Oh, and to make a point that the welfare system we have up until now has been born from legitimate needs to bind our society together and grow as a nation. As we enter the 21st Century with the advance of technology and a new knowledge based economy, we have a chance to move away from our reliance on the primary industries, and the need for such a generous welfare system will soon reduce significantly.

*yeah, I know Namaah isn't the only one who said something intelligent... but Nana doesn't want me hitting on her anymore, and Photoman, Scholar and Julian aren't quite as pretty...
 Tarvold
Msg: 203 (view)

Do men wank?
Posted: 10/14/2009 11:13:23 PM

I'm guessing also you actually have no opinion of your own, having to refer to your pastor for permission to scratch your arse.

Maybe he has a pastor who scratches his arse for him. Gets awfully steamy in those confession boxes, I hear...
 Tarvold
Msg: 6 (view)

Do older women fancy quite younger men?
Posted: 10/14/2009 11:10:50 PM
This is almost as sad as the day I found out that girls don't really have pillow fights in lingerie when they visit each other...
 Tarvold
Msg: 12 (view)

How hard can it be?
Posted: 10/11/2009 5:16:08 PM
The choice of male underwear always reflects a trade-off by the wearer. At one end of the scale, there's the silk boxers option that offers the highest level of comfort and freedom and is the closest thing to going commando. At the other end of the scale, there's the tight speedo's that holds everything in place and is usually made of cotton or some other liquid absorbing material - which can soak up a runny tap, or compensate for someone too lazy to shake.

Remember, not forgetting to shake after a p1ss + boxers = drops of pee running down your leg. It's not our fault that we're designed with a length of hose after the shutoff valve.
 Tarvold
Msg: 383 (view)

How many is too many?
Posted: 10/9/2009 2:49:06 AM

They can sleep with multiple men in one day, save it for marriage, and everything in between. I don't have that power, so it's my right to pursue women that have made decisions that match whatever my view is on sex.

^^ I made a few corrections for you.
 Tarvold
Msg: 221 (view)

Posted: 10/8/2009 11:21:17 PM
"Racecar driving is like sex, all men think we're good at it"
- Jay Leno
 Tarvold
Msg: 215 (view)

Posted: 10/8/2009 5:18:04 PM
well.. I'ts good to see you grasshopper..

Thanks.

One only need watch how a woman pleases herself

Your prescription of lesbian porn is duly noted...
(like I needed an excuse)

But isn't that just for beginners?
[shameless self advertising]
I thought there were techniques that women cannot do for themselves... after all, it's physically impossible to rip off bedsheets, clutch onto pillows and do the unspeakable with only two hands. And what about when she tenses up so hard that your fingers are tender for days? One cannot stop at the critical moment just because one's fingers are being crushed.

Oral isn't an art. It's a full contact sport.
[/shameless self advertising]
 Tarvold
Msg: 209 (view)

Posted: 10/7/2009 11:35:42 PM

so unless the medicores learn this vital mating ritual.. way of ... articulating their expertise..... and having the expertise... well...
some talents may go unexplored...overlooked.. ..

Sounds like time for another one of nana's life lessons...

**gathers around the fireplace with hot chocolate and marshmallows**
 Tarvold
Msg: 114 (view)

Tell Me About Your Dream Home....
Posted: 10/7/2009 1:05:31 AM
I'd like a house somewhere quiet, but still close enough to civilization.

Maybe somewhere close to parks with big, tall trees, a footy oval and tennis courts and a river. Or the beach.

I don't need a big fancy driveway, or a big presence on the street. Something quiet, subtle, humble and private. There should be enough street parking for visiting friends for the weekend bbq, and public transport for the kids and occassional guests.

Instead of your traditional front/back yard setup, I'd rather have a courtyard/conservatory/private glasshouse in the center, and wrap the different rooms around. Inside, there'd be nice landscaped garden, a firepit, bbq and jacuzzi. Maybe even a pond with fish and yabbies.

Because of the open interior, the rooms can be fairly open designed, and filled with light. The main living space would be almost completely open - with big, comfy lounges and a projector for movies. The rooms can be on an upper level, so that they can still enjoy the natural light, but with a bit more privacy. It'd almost be Japanese like, with sliding doors, and no corridors.

On the other side of the courtyard, would be the garage. Well, the glass walls to the garage... assuming I have enough money left over to buy some good looking cars.

The kitchen would be a place that gets the most traffic in the house. It'd be almost professionally equipped, with tiled walls, so that the whole place can be hosed down after experimenting with exploding soft shell crabs... or something.

And the bedroom. No TV - no computers or phones even. Big, comfy bed, bar fridge for snacks and drinks on those extremely lazy Sundays. Great stereo system, nice stack of books and an ensuite worthy for a 5 star hotel.

well... I hear that this week's powerball is going for $12m...
 Tarvold
Msg: 25 (view)

Which wolf do you feed?
Posted: 9/27/2009 3:38:28 PM

An old Chinese chef is teaching his grandson about life:

"A fight is going on inside me", he said to the boy. "It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves.

. . .

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"

The old chef simply replied, "meh... lets feed both to the family for dinner tonight."

Tarvold
Msg: 39 (view)

What form of heating do you use?
Posted: 9/16/2009 10:08:37 PM
Does lighting up your farts count as biogas heating?

... just a thought ...
 Tarvold
Msg: 25 (view)

why aren't you ready for a relationship
Posted: 9/3/2009 4:09:15 PM

do you accept the quest of .. exercising the soul?

Nana,

The first lady, I complimented on her nice teeth and shoes.
The second lady, I complimented her for being intelligent and having good grammar.
The third lady, I complimented her on her confidence and ambition.
The fourth lady, I complimented her on her noble career choice.
The fifth lady, I complimented her for her bravery in admitting on a public website that she sings kararoke in the car...

Nothing happened and I still feel the same. Maybe capitalists don't have souls?
 Tarvold
Msg: 24 (view)

Posted: 9/2/2009 4:49:11 AM

do you accept the quest of .. exercising the soul?

er... sure... you're on!

will report back with findings before the week is out...
 Tarvold
Msg: 20 (view)

Posted: 8/30/2009 3:29:11 PM
Nana makes waffles?....

Niiiice...
 tarvold
Msg: 84 (view)

More Gramma Dramma.......Punctuate to Propagate
Posted: 8/29/2009 6:23:55 PM
Cycle of grunts:

forum of grunts
much mutual grunting
grunts evolved
 Tarvold
Msg: 18 (view)

Posted: 8/26/2009 6:46:42 AM

Your few wrinkles also have more depth than a lot of people my age...

WAIT... WAIT....

What I really meant was "The very very few and, hard to notice wrinkles have more depth of character..."....

actually... no... what I really really meant was "some wrinkles, that you may or may not have, would have more depth of cha..."...

actually... "even if you did have wrinkles, which I cannot tell that you have by your pictures... "

argh...

I've really dug myself into this haven't I?...

See!! THAT's why I'm not ready for a relationship!!!
 Tarvold
Msg: 6 (view)

Australian Foods... just what have they become?
Posted: 8/26/2009 6:19:52 AM
take Chinese foods for example ... I am told ( by Chinese nationals of course) that they dont have the foods that we attribute to their nationality

Seriously, Asians have been laughing at non-Asians for their tastes in Chinese food since the dawn of time. The Chinese versions are not "bland" by comparison, we/they just have a whole different approach to food than western cultures. Some dishes are relatively bland to highlight their simplicity or complexity, some are intense for other reasons. Anyways, there are numerious dishes invented solely for the purpose of keeping the non-chinese customers happy. Lemon Chicken, anyone? South Melb Market dim sims?

The great thing about "Chinese" food in Australia is that a lot of great chefs have migrated here from Hong Kong since the '97 takeover. Many Chinese dishes here are on par with what you can find over there. Vietnamese food also. Melbourne, in particular, is the world's 3rd best place for Vietnamese food after Vietnam and Paris.

Actually, together with the quality of souvlakis and the bratwursts at the Vic Market and the fancy stuff like Jacques and Vue, I think Melbourne is one of the world's best places for food overall.

Yes.... My name is Tarvold. I am a food geek.
 Tarvold
Msg: 17 (view)

Posted: 8/26/2009 5:28:44 AM

Ive got wrinkles older than you.. nearly...

Your few wrinkles also have more depth than a lot of people my age...

I'd only be whacking you with placards constantly.

You'd be surprised how often I get that...

Anyways... I've also tried to intelligently rationalize why I think I'm not ready for a relationship... but... well...

Previously, I thought I wasn't ready for a relationship because I had no time between my work and my part-time studies, but now that excuse has expired, I've realized that I'm actually enjoying being single. There's no need to be on constant alert for a "does my arse look big in these jeans?" ambush and I can finally ask for directions now that there's no one asking me why I'm not asking for directions.

But more so than that, I think I'm looking for different things in a partner than I was when I was younger... and... well... I haven't figured out how or where to look for people with these qualities, so I'm focusing on other things until I figure that out... that, or I'm just lazy... but the former sounds better...
 tarvold

Vegetarians
Posted: 8/23/2009 6:35:32 PM
^^ Happy pigs also taste better...
 tarvold
Msg: 14 (view)

spelling mistakes!
Posted: 8/22/2009 7:58:43 PM
^^ Maybe Millionaire-McDreamy isn't interested in anyone over 20??

tarvold

Vegetarians
Posted: 8/22/2009 7:46:51 PM
^^ Umm... the bible actually says that most animals put on this planet were for the purpose of eating...

Show ALL Forums