Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Can we construct a global egalitarian society? - Part 1 - currency
 jebuspebus
Msg: 238 (view)

Can we construct a global egalitarian society? - Part 1 - currency
Posted: 5/11/2010 1:22:48 AM
'Can we construct a global egalitarian society?'

Sure. I don't see why not. It'd take a lot of work and some serious solidarity to dismantle the current structures of power that keep us so oppressed but then, if history teaches us anything, it's that we are more than capable of dismantling unfavourable structures of power - feudalism was broken, slavery was broken...etc

I think the biggest obstacle is perhaps, our propensity to obey authority without question. Anyone familiar with Stanley Milgram's 1960's experiments will know how problematic this can be. It's why an otherwise good man could also be a guard in a Nazi death camp. It's also why we can be subjected to decades of lies and abuse from politicians and feel impotent against it.

But our quick and unquestioning obedience to authority isn't the result of some special servile 'obedience gene'. It's learned behaviour, passed down from parents, schools, colleges and other state institutions. That's a good thing because it means it's something that we can overcome. We just have to re-evaluate our individual positions on authority; we have to routinely question it, maybe even look upon it as being illegitimate unless it can prove itself otherwise. I believe that once people accept this, we will be capable of working towards a more egalitarian society.
 jebuspebus
Msg: 28 (view)

TV License robbery
Posted: 10/23/2009 6:50:50 AM
You only need a TV license if you are receiving Television broadcasts. If you have a TV, PC...whatever and it is not tuned to receive broadcasts, you don't need a license. The licensing company knows this so don't believe their lies and don't be intimidated by their bullying tactics.

If you have a TV and only use it for DVD's, Playstation...etc you DON'T NEED A TV LICENSE. You do however, need to de-tune your TV and disconnect the ariel so that it is not capable of receiving broadcast signals. I have done this myself. I let the TV licensing people in one time only, to verify this. I still regularly receive threatening letters from them but they go straight in the bin!
 jebuspebus
Msg: 43 (view)

Undercover Psychics
Posted: 10/7/2009 1:44:08 PM
OP

I'd seriously reassess my need for the job. I wouldn't want to support anyone who gives that much trust and responsibility to a 'psychic'.
 jebuspebus
Msg: 18 (view)

If I ruled the World...?
Posted: 10/7/2009 1:18:18 PM
bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump
 jebuspebus
Msg: 36 (view)

What should the Conservatives, do to earn voters & armed services trust back
Posted: 10/7/2009 12:34:34 PM

What should the Conservatives, do to earn voters & armed services trust back

Dismantle the Party and take regular jobs, maybe put themselves or their kids in harms way for a while. That's what it'd take for them to get my trust. I expect some people will be swayed by much less though.
 jebuspebus
Msg: 21 (view)

Political parties and their manifestoes
Posted: 10/1/2009 11:56:48 AM
OP

Yeah, i think i can summarise the main points of the various manifesto's for the leading political parties for you;

We promise to make things better for those whom the public believes most need it

We promise to make things that are publicly known to be unfair, fair

We promise to be tough on the things that the public thinks we should be tough on

We promise to do a few things that the public doesn't think/realise needs doing, not because they're stupid you understand but because we take our noble duty to protect the public, even from themselves, very seriously.

We promise...ad nauseum
 jebuspebus
Msg: 1680 (view)

Haiku Connection - This is It !
Posted: 9/30/2009 6:15:07 AM
Many starve daily
We deserve what we accept
Life's hardest lesson
 jebuspebus
Msg: 35 (view)

Who Is the Father of All Sciences ?
Posted: 9/30/2009 6:11:13 AM
Who Is the Father of All Sciences ?

God of course!

hahahahaha just kidding, there's no such thing as God.

Ummm, is it Johnny Ball?
 jebuspebus
Msg: 14 (view)

Common decency..
Posted: 9/26/2009 1:38:19 PM

...I can't agree that we are born with a sense of morality. If so then there would be no imposed system of justice, no wars, no charity...

As i understand it, we've evolved to be born with a propensity for moral behaviour, we are innately predisposed to behave morally. Our attitudes towards moral behaviour are dependent upon the extent to which these predispositions are nurtured. But even if they're not nurtured as well as they could be, as Jo van implied, the ability is still there ('most of us feel guilt, without being "told" our actions are wrong.'). The existence of a judicial system, wars, charity...etc merely proves that our instincts don't always govern our behaviour, as anyone who's overcome other natural predispositions, such as fear or revulsion, might agree. The same point applies for those who ''de-humanize' other people, although the de-humanization of groups of people usually involves doctrinal ethics and not just individual morality.
 jebuspebus
Msg: 4 (view)

Sikh policeman sues force.
Posted: 9/26/2009 12:46:03 PM
I think i'd take it about as seriously as any other article in the Daily Mail,

i.e. not very
 jebuspebus
Msg: 10 (view)

Common decency..
Posted: 9/26/2009 6:36:50 AM
I think morality and moral behaviour in general is innate; we're born with it. It's not a new idea (see Peter Kropotkin's Mutual Aid - A Factor In Evolution, for example) and there's plenty of evidence to support it. In fact, some of the most recent, cutting edge research in neuroscience is focussed on the topic. I think it (innate morality) has evolved out of necessity, as a natural requirement for the kinds of cooperation and social relations that we've required, over millions of years, in order to survive in such an unpredictable, dangerous and frequently hostile environment.

I think our propensity for moral behaviour can be manipulated, suppressed and discouraged but, it's always 'in there' somewhere.

Incidentally, it's interesting that people are using 'anarchy' as a kind of dire antithetical consequence to the absence of moral behaviour. Societies based upon anarchist principles have no centralised structure of authority (church, state...etc) dictating which morals and ethics are 'right' and which are 'wrong'. In fact, as far as morality goes, they are pretty much dependant upon our innate capacity to behave morally which is why they are so peaceful!
 jebuspebus
Msg: 3 (view)

Kids TV
Posted: 9/26/2009 6:11:04 AM
Do you think making them aware at such an early age is a good thing?? Or are our kids growing up to fast now and we as parents can do nothing about it??

Depends what you're making them aware of. If it's the potential hilarity of bodily functions, well i don't see much of a problem with that. If it's 'drugs', 'crime'...etc I'd be more wary. They are highly contentious topics that often lead to polarized opinions and moral standpoints. I'm just not sure i'd be comfortable letting my kids develop their morals from the opinions of TV writers, editors and executives...etc.

I think there's plenty of things a parent can do to address the 'growing up too fast' problem (and yes, I do think it's a legitimate problem with identifiable causes, in our society). They're all perfectly obvious things too like, adjusting your lifestyle so that your child's exposure to TV, advertising, consumerism and all the other state-endorsed influences and doctrinal tools are less overwhelming.
 jebuspebus
Msg: 1536 (view)

Haiku Connection - This is It !
Posted: 9/25/2009 12:53:33 PM
Falling forever
The safeguards of solid ground
Now seem foreboding
 jebuspebus
Msg: 21 (view)

The Victim
Posted: 9/23/2009 11:29:21 PM

...does that pity actually do more harm than good in keeping that person where they are and entitling them to continue wearing the victim badge or do you think it helps in some way ?

'[Pity] preserves what is ripe for destruction; it defends those who have been disinherited and condemned by life; and by the abundance of the failures of all kinds which it keeps alive, it gives life itself a gloomy and questionable aspect.' - Nietzsche

I think there's a time and a place for the application of pity but like anything else, moderation is the key. It seems likely (to me, at least) that, everybody is going to feel 'disinherited and condemned' at some point during their life. In such circumstances, a little pity and compassion can be just what is needed, to remind us that we're not alone in our sufferings and that it's only a matter of time before we're back on our feet again. I also think that on the whole, we're all clever enough and experienced enough to know when someone is genuinely in need of pity, where to apply it and also that, people who feel a perpetual need for pity are ultimately doing more harm than good to themselves and to society.

Life is hard for many and competitive for most, particularly in our 'Western' societies where traditional sources of pity, compassion and support, such as close communities and close families, are actively discouraged and discredited; this probably explains, at least to some extent, why 'people state they are victims of one scenario or another' on an internet dating site.

I think we're encouraged to taint pity with cynicism and consider it only as a weakness, a devious tool for extracting money for 'hopeless' causes or a self-serving sentiment borne out of resentment and applied as an instrument to demonstrate one's superiority. Maybe we should remember that, while the ever present force of 'natural selection' is working away, weeding out the weak and the powerless, it is the cooperative rather than the competitive factors operating in the development of society that make our lives more tolerable, enjoyable, satisfying...etc
 jebuspebus
Msg: 19 (view)

Raised by media, and what to do about it now.
Posted: 7/17/2009 7:12:24 AM
I began to seriously limit my exposure to all mainstream media (TV, Newspapers...etc) after reading 'Manufacturing Consent'; it was quite an eye opener. It's amazing how much better the world looks and feels when you're no longer exposed to such insidious distractions.
 jebuspebus
Msg: 16 (view)

Is it even possible to have a free society?
Posted: 6/20/2009 4:41:44 AM

...or they would just fall into anarchy and destroy themselves.

You're making the error of equating anarchy with chaos when the truth is, the two concepts couldn't be further apart. Anarchy is by definition, the most highly organized, fairest and freest socio-political system (which is why it is reviled and quickly stamped out by Governments and other forms of over-privileged, centralized power wherever and whenever it appears).

I recommend you read 'Anarchosyndicalism' by Rudolph Rocker or better yet, 'Chomsky on Anarchism' by AK Press. For a full treatment including historic examples, have a look at Daniel Guerin's 'No Gods, No Masters'
 jebuspebus
Msg: 17 (view)

expenses MPs same boat as benefit cheats
Posted: 6/20/2009 4:26:06 AM

why dont they treat them as a form of benefit thieves, afterall benefit theives soon end up in court, so why not them, or are they exempt, so if someone works for cash while claiming just says i hand back what i earned end of matter i dont think so. no doubt the ballot box will get them out

'We' don't 'treat' them at all, they 'treat' themselves. That is to say they're unaccountable to the likes of us, they are only accountable to their peers i.e. to those other over-privileged scumbags who get pissed off when one of their kind does something to jeopardise their own status and/or position.

As for the ballot box, well, it might get one branch of the 'f*** you, do as you're told' party out but, only to replace them with the another branch of the same party i.e Conservative, BNP...etc

Honestly, i don't know why you people have any faith in 'leaders' at all. None of them give a flying f*** about the likes of you! We're just cash cows to them, nothing more.
 jebuspebus

Legal representation question
Posted: 3/29/2009 1:44:10 AM
The British Justice system is (and has always been) hideously corrupt, mainly due to the class system that (still) operates in this country but also due to the 'gain wealth, forgetting all but self' premise of our socio-economic system. Our entire legal system was set up to protect the property of the wealthy minority from the interests of the 'vulgar majority'. It hasn't changed much over the years. Basically, if you're from a non-privileged class background you're that much less likely to encounter what most people would consider to be 'justice'. There are exceptions here & there, like if you have an 'open & shut case', but that's the general rule. Our legal aid system is frowned upon by the elites, for fairly obvious reasons, and is slowly but inexorably being phased out.
 jebuspebus
Msg: 22 (view)

Why have we become a country of anger,selfishness and fear?
Posted: 3/28/2009 7:07:21 AM

What can we do to make this a civil country again where people treat each other with respect?

I think the answer's pretty straightforward although, not necessarily easy to accomplish. If you want a 'civil country again', you need to be civilized again. Go out and become a participant in your community instead of an idle spectator. Instead of shutting yourself up indoors every evening to watch Coronation Street, The Apprentice or some other facile shite, go and organize or participate in something to improve your local environment. Stop relying on the opinions and unjustified authority, moral or otherwise, of people who know nothing about your way of life (politicians, councillors, journalists...etc).

The more we rely on the state and its interests, the less civilized we become.
 jebuspebus

Why have we become a country of anger,selfishness and fear?
Posted: 3/28/2009 6:50:48 AM
OP Because selfish and afraid/dependent is exactly what we're relentlessly encouraged to be from the time we enter the schooling system to the time we shuffle off this mortal coil. I expect the anger comes from the fact that we're treated like drones/gullible idiots by the state and because the rewards we're promised never materialize. But then, you deserve what you accept, right?
 jebuspebus
Msg: 7 (view)

Put People First - Today's march
Posted: 3/28/2009 6:44:16 AM
Indeed! A little more solidarity & direct action and a little less armchair protesting, cynicism and apathy and we wouldn't be in this mess anymore.
 jebuspebus
Msg: 24 (view)

Late pay..
Posted: 3/27/2009 8:54:09 AM
He should take it up with his union rep
 jebuspebus
Msg: 14 (view)

E-billing or paperless bills?
Posted: 3/26/2009 11:03:08 AM
I think you're absolutely correct, redee2tryagain. By passing the cost onto the consumer, the notion of e-billing conforms to the bottom line of good business practice. The 'saving of trees' justification is clearly nonsense (as far as corporations are concerned, sacrificing profitshare for ethical concerns or any other kind of social responsibility is not only unlikely, it's illegal, unless of course that socially responsible behavior happens to be identical to the behavior that maximizes profit!) It's just a basic, well established tenet of corporate law.

It really doesn't matter if it annoys you. You're opinions are utterly unimportant to them as anyone who has tried to obtain a minimal standard of customer service will tell you.

I'm afraid the only way to stop it is to stop supporting it.
 jebuspebus
Msg: 8 (view)

Lottery Good Causes ?
Posted: 3/26/2009 10:44:46 AM

Do you think we are moving too far away from the purposes for which the lottery was originally established and should the Government be using our 'good causes' money to bail out their shortfalls ?

Given that the option of having a not-for-profit lottery (which was supported by the vast majority of the population) was rejected by those with the power to do so, it should be fairly obvious that the lottery was 'originally established' in order to generate maximum profit-share for the lucky company (camelot) that won the lottery license. You'll have to decide for yourself how fair the granting of that license was.

In other words, there hasn't been any significant movement 'away from the purposes for which the lottery was originally established.' The purposes were explicit enough at the time for anyone who chose to look beyond the typically servile mainstream media reporting of the issues.
 jebuspebus
Msg: 15 (view)

UK driving license - very important info
Posted: 3/26/2009 1:26:18 AM
I've got tho old paper license. I see no valid reason for changing it. F*** the DVLA !
 jebuspebus
Msg: 6 (view)

Did ex RBS bank boss deserve to have his windows smashed up?
Posted: 3/25/2009 9:40:40 AM
He deserves a hell of a lot worse than a few smashed windows. His fate should be left to the people who suffer for his actions.
 jebuspebus
Msg: 3566 (view)

DAILY QUOTES
Posted: 3/25/2009 2:20:53 AM

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education ~ Mark Twain

Great quote, Rose. Can't remember if John Taylor Gatto used it in his book on the 'hidden curriculum', Dumbing Us Down. Seems appropriate though.
 jebuspebus
Msg: 3558 (view)

DAILY QUOTES
Posted: 3/23/2009 11:27:44 AM
'You deserve what you accept'
 jebuspebus
Msg: 10 (view)

100 percent! Is it enough?
Posted: 3/23/2009 9:59:35 AM

No one can possibly give more than 100% surely, as 100% is the maximum,

quite! the OP's question makes no sense
 jebuspebus
Msg: 39 (view)

What Impression Do You Think You Give?
Posted: 3/23/2009 9:51:21 AM
What impression do I give? I haven't got a b a s t a r d clue mate.

(btw pof admin, we're all adults here. I think people can handle the word 'b a s t a r d' without the need for your censorship, it is after all, a legitimate word that can be found in any dictionary, for fuck's sake!)
 jebuspebus
Msg: 13 (view)

the world population will have food , energy and water shortages by 2030
Posted: 3/23/2009 3:49:35 AM
Don't worry, our leaders will look after us

jebuspebus
Msg: 202 (view)

Abuse at British soldiers during home-coming march......
Posted: 3/20/2009 3:39:53 AM

We live in a democracy

jebuspebus
Msg: 142 (view)

Posted: 3/18/2009 11:28:29 AM

the uk is obsessed with fighting wars and killing and enslaving people..

Correction: The UK Government and certain British people with vested business interests are obsessed with fighting wars and killing and enslaving people. True, there's also a percentage of non-thinking people who swallow anything the media tells them, (opinions, values...etc); they also share the obsession. Pretty much every survey i've seen, however, shows that the majority of people in the UK are not as obsessed as you might think. You just don't get to hear about them very much.
 jebuspebus
Msg: 255 (view)

Creationism or Evolution?
Posted: 3/18/2009 11:21:15 AM
found this here, http://www.epicidiot.com/evo_cre/prove_it.htm

Moderator: We're here today to debate the hot new topic, evolution versus Intelligent Des---

(Scientist pulls out baseball bat.)

Moderator: Hey, what are you doing?

(Scientist breaks Intelligent Design advocate's kneecap.)

Intelligent Design advocate: YEAAARRRRGGGHHHH! YOU BROKE MY KNEECAP!

Scientist: Perhaps it only appears that I broke your kneecap. Certainly, all the evidence points to the hypothesis I broke your kneecap. For example, your kneecap is broken; it appears to be a fresh wound; and I am holding a baseball bat, which is spattered with your blood. However, a mere preponderance of evidence doesn't mean anything. Perhaps your kneecap was designed that way. Certainly, there are some features of the current situation that are inexplicable according to the "naturalistic" explanation you have just advanced, such as the exact contours of the excruciating pain that you are experiencing right now.

Intelligent Design advocate: AAAAH! THE PAIN!

Scientist: Frankly, I personally find it completely implausible that the random actions of a scientist such as myself could cause pain of this particular kind. I have no precise explanation for why I find this hypothesis implausible --- it just is. Your knee must have been designed that way!

Intelligent Design advocate: YOU **stard! YOU KNOW YOU DID IT!

Scientist: I surely do not. How can we know anything for certain? Frankly, I think we should expose people to all points of view. Furthermore, you should really re-examine whether your hypothesis is scientific at all: the breaking of your kneecap happened in the past, so we can't rewind and run it over again, like a laboratory experiment. Even if we could, it wouldn't prove that I broke your kneecap the previous time. Plus, let's not even get into the fact that the entire universe might have just popped into existence right before I said this sentence, with all the evidence of my alleged kneecap-breaking already pre-formed.

Intelligent Design advocate: That's a load of bullshit sophistry! Get me a doctor and a lawyer, not necessarily in that order, and we'll see how that plays in court!

Scientist (turning to audience): And so we see, ladies and gentlemen, when push comes to shove, advocates of Intelligent Design do not actually believe any of the arguments that they profess to believe. When it comes to matters that hit home, they prefer evidence, the scientific method, testable hypotheses, and naturalistic explanations. In fact, they strongly privilege naturalistic explanations over supernatural hocus-pocus or metaphysical wankery. It is only within the reality-distortion field of their ideological crusade that they give credence to the flimsy, ridiculous arguments which we so commonly see on display. I must confess, it kind of felt good, for once, to be the one spouting free-form bullshit; it's so terribly easy and relaxing, compared to marshaling rigorous arguments backed up by empirical evidence. But I fear that if I were to continue, then it would be habit-forming, and bad for my soul. Therefore, I bid you adieu.
 jebuspebus
Msg: 138 (view)

Posted: 3/18/2009 10:53:25 AM

...Notice i say country and not me or the people of this country, cause these guys are only following orders of the government, there protecting govenment officials, mp's, etc along with the royal family, they dont care about us.

Quite

The British Army is nothing to be proud of. They are not defending us from anything but rather, are vastly increasing animosities towards us and are therefore increasing the likelihood of attacks (which, the Government and media will undoubtedly leap upon, to justify more atrocities at the taxpayer's expense). Furthermore, the British Armed Forces are not an army for the British people. If they were, they wouldn't be anywhere near Iraq and Afghanistan. They are an Army for the British State and, like the Police Force, are used to pursue State interests, not our interests. Sometimes the interests of the State coincide with those of the people but more often than not, they don't!
 jebuspebus
Msg: 136 (view)

Posted: 3/18/2009 10:37:33 AM
The reasons for the protests are so obvious they barley require comment. The fact that the current activities of the British armed forces in the predominantly muslim territories are, under international law, completely illegal is an additional issue that people should bear in mind before condemning protesters. Those laws were created for good reason and should be respected, regardless of our Government's obvious contempt for them or the media's reluctance to point them out.

I'm afraid the soldiers and pilots who have brought so much misery and suffering to Iraq and Afghanistan are responsible for their own actions. The German soldiers who walked the perimeter fences at Auschwitz were 'following orders' too, as were the ones who dropped the gas cannisters into the showers! International laws are in place and we've signed up to them so we have a responsibility to follow them. Had they been followed, our Government's soldiers wouldn't be war criminals and we wouldn't be living in an outlaw state.
 jebuspebus
Msg: 32 (view)

An excerpt from Das Kapital...
Posted: 3/16/2009 7:24:57 AM
OP I agree, the words of Marx are very poignant and in fact he wasn't the only one to point out the potential pitfalls of capitalism. Adam Smith, the man who wrote the book (The Wealth Of Nations) on Free Market Capitalism was very clear about how the system should be implemented so as to avoid the sort of hideous maldistribution of wealth we see today. Unfortunately, our 'leaders' have only paid lip service to Smith's warnings and have only ever used the aspects of his system that might serve to maintain the established structures of power. If we lived according to Smith's system, things would look a lot better for everyone.

The same is true of Communism too. Those countries that have historically been referred to as 'communist' were in reality, nothing of the sort. That's to say, their economic and political systems shared no real resemblance to the system laid out by Marx. Leaders like Stalin, Mao...etc took Marx as seriously as our leaders took Adam Smith. All of this is very easy to verify, you only have the read the books in question and apply their principles to the relevant historical examples.

So, if you seriously want to ask 'are we ready for communism', you really have to be aware that no such system has ever been implemented within a State. There have been smaller experiments with communism, socialism and anarchism but there's never been an authentic Communist State (nor has there been an authentic Free Market Capitalist state but that's beside the point) so it's useless to use countries like Russia, Vietnam, Cuba...etc as 'failed examples of communism.'

Personally, I'm not a fan of communism, i think it's flawed and could only really work in conjunction with the type of highly organized anarchist systems that were around during the 1930's, particularly in Spain during the 1936 civil war.

Are we ready for communism? Well, as long as people are as isolated, de-politicized and apathetic as they currently seem to be, i'd say we're ready for more of the same of what we've been getting for the past thirty years.

We are what we do!
 jebuspebus
Msg: 122 (view)

Britishness - What does it mean to you?
Posted: 3/14/2009 5:43:58 AM
It means that I was born in a country that bears the somewhat unjustifiable name of 'Great Britain'.
 jebuspebus
Msg: 22 (view)

Are You FED UP With Criminals Being Mollycoddled?
Posted: 3/14/2009 5:40:07 AM

Are you as fed up as I am with the way criminals are being mollycoddled in prisons these days?

No. Having been a paid teacher in a local prison, I've seen first-hand, just how crass these 'mollycoddled' accusations really are. I'm far more fed up with the perpetual whining of people (usually from DailyMail Land or some other similarly ill-informed, tabloid dependent environment) who regularly demonstrate a complete lack of will or inclination to get off their lazy, de-politicized, subjugated arse's and actually DO something about the problems (pseudo or otherwise) that bedevil them.
 jebuspebus
Msg: 77 (view)

Religion -should it be banned from educational establishments.
Posted: 3/14/2009 5:29:34 AM
'School is a twelve year jail sentence where bad habits are the only curriculum truly learned. I teach school and win awards doing it. I should know' - John Taylor Gatto - 'Dumbing Us Down'

The teaching of any system of belief, theistic or otherwise, that normalizes prejudice, exclusion and the subjugation of justifiable reason for faith is, very obviously, going to be harmful to any society and should be actively discouraged. But the bigger problem by far, as anyone familiar with the notion of Hidden Curriculum will attest to, is the institutionalization of the education of our children. If anyone is even remotely interested in how their child is educated, I suggest you look into this problem yourselves because, you'll never hear a bad word about it from the institutions that you've come to trust and rely upon.
 jebuspebus
Msg: 916 (view)

Cinquain on the Membrane
Posted: 2/26/2009 5:14:10 AM
We are
Lost in my space
Amazon advocates
Gain wealth, forgetting all but self
We are
 jebuspebus
Msg: 913 (view)

Cinquain on the Membrane
Posted: 2/26/2009 4:49:48 AM
I can't
Wait, I can't wait
I'm chomping at the bit
To post another rhyming pile
Of shit
 jebuspebus
Msg: 1 (view)

Congeniality
Posted: 2/26/2009 2:38:55 AM
Congeniality

His shirts are like sails
From a forty-two footer
She irons them every day

It’s all in the contract
With pledged bread and butter
She promised to honour, obey

His car is ‘too small’
His guts barely fit
She still isn’t licensed to drive

It’s all been declared
In ink, blood & spit
And God says the marriage should thrive

She suffered for bad dads
Got stuck fast at six
He keeps her in check when he can

In sickness and health
‘I’m a fool to myself’
She says, ‘love at all cost is the plan’
 jebuspebus
Msg: 17 (view)

Newspapers
Posted: 2/26/2009 1:59:51 AM
I read manufacturing consent. Now i realize what a crass and harmful waste of time and money newspapers really are. Just go to medialens.org & you'll see what i mean.
 jebuspebus
Msg: 5 (view)

My Undead Friend
Posted: 2/24/2009 1:26:22 AM

... i have a marijuana book club!

heh, a what?
 jebuspebus
Msg: 3 (view)

My Undead Friend
Posted: 2/23/2009 1:32:12 PM
Read more fiction or, depending on how stoned you are, listen to more audio-books -
 jebuspebus
Msg: 98 (view)

Florida Prepping to be the new Dover - ID v.s. Evolution again.
Posted: 2/20/2009 8:58:07 AM

I love how scientists come up with a theory backed by evidence and creationists who aren't in the field and have not studied... say, "No mr. scientist, you're wrong! It doesn't say anywhere in my bible about evolution!"

Yup.

These religious cretins ought to look up the word 'faith' in a dictionary sometime. They all claim to have it but i really don't think half of them really understand what it is. As far as their daft 'theory' goes, it's painfully apparent that they just can't seem to grasp the fundamental difference between rational and non-rational justification.

Hehe, some of their responses are quite funny though.
 jebuspebus
Msg: 89 (view)

Florida Prepping to be the new Dover - ID v.s. Evolution again.
Posted: 2/19/2009 9:13:06 AM
All creationists should be shot.

There, i said it

jebuspebus

How do we know what is changeable?
Posted: 2/19/2009 9:05:58 AM

...My question here is : how do you know what are unchangeable things i.e how do we know some things cannot be changed?

A dead Greek once said, with much gravitas...

'All is flux, nothing stays still.'

'Nothing endures but change.'

'No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.'

Everything is temporary anyway! Everything is going to change, regardless of your will. Doesn't mean you can't make commitments to things or to people; nor does it mean you can't effect change yourself, it just means that it's literally, unrealistic to maintain a conservative attitude.
 jebuspebus

Ever heard of lock bumping?
Posted: 2/19/2009 12:27:49 AM
Only the Daily Mail can keep us safe

Show ALL Forums